APS Payroll Logo

Suggested alternatives

workforcenow
rippling
bamboohr

My overall experience with APS has been outstanding, will always recommend them to anyone.
The recruiting/hire feature has saved me hours of work in relation to on-boarding. It's been amazing to have the seamless transfer of employee data into payroll.
Being able to combine payroll AND HR online is amazing. I love the reporting options I have and that I can still run payroll in house but have APS handle the taxes so they are done correctly.
The only thing I dislike was the initial integration. I misunderstood what APS would do, and thought we were hiring someone to actually process our weekly payroll.
And we dislike that you have to use the drop down when correcting time sheets instead just being able to type in the correct time.

Joseph M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Agrxis Review on APS Payroll

I've found APS Payroll, a comprehensive payroll administration solution, to be a great tool for streamlining and automating our payroll procedures overall. Our payroll activities have been greatly simplified by the software's many features and functionalities. I really value how straightforward it is to navigate and manage employee information, deductions, and tax filings because to the user-friendly...

Pros

I am ecstatic about APS Payroll and all that it has to offer. It has grown to be a priceless tool for managing my payroll and human resources procedures. The element of APS Payroll that I appreciate the most is its extensive and user-friendly interface. It gives me a consolidated platform from which to manage all facet of payroll administration, from hiring new employees to ensuring tax compliance...

Cons

Thus far, my experience with APS Payroll has been very positive and I have not encountered any issues or concerns.

Joseph, thank you for taking the time to write this great review! We are so happy that you are enjoying the platform and that your dedicated support team has been great. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you for being a valued APS customer!

RS

Robin S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

APS Payroll is a Solution for Your Company

It has been great, APS is moving in the right direction and we are learning new things all the time and new ways to utilize the software.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to run things from time and attendance to recruitment and onboarding all integrating into the Payroll side of it.

Cons

The implementation and pulling of software from our old database into this one, ensuring that it all matched up correcting.

Thank you so much for the positive review, Robin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

JC

Julie C.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Payroll Specialist

My experience has had some good and some bad. I feel the customer service is great but I don't feel the system meets our companies needs as I have to track several things manually because the system does not track them correctly.

Pros

The system is pretty user friendly. I like the fact that the majority of reports export into excel. Customer service team is always readily available to help and very responsive.

Cons

There are issues with transferring employees from company to company. The system does not cap deductions correctly.

We appreciate your review, Julie! We're glad to hear our support team is providing the responsive attention you deserve. We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. We would also love the opportunity to speak with you one on one to discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at aremedies@apspayroll.com or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further. Thank you for being an APS customer!

TR

Tracie R.

Benefits Administration

Easily administer the majority of our benefits and enrollments.

Pros

I like that APS Payroll has an integrated Payroll and HR system - and that I can manage the individual enrollments for our employees. I also like that I can load all of our benefit documents into the system, which allows our employees access to the information at any time.

Cons

I wish the setup of our benefits plans offered more customization, such as not requiring a beneficiary for life benefits (our carrier will only accept signed paper forms) and customized voluntary life volumes (versus a 'formula' to calculate volumes). I also wish the system could accommodate our opt-out payments (rather than having to enter the credits directly in payroll).

The positive review is much appreciated, Tracie! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

KB

Kristine B.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

So Easy To Use

I was impressed with APS being on top of getting an FFCRA dashboard set up so quickly during the pandemic. We were able to pay our employees correctly without delay.

Pros

APS employs people that genuinely care about helping us with our payroll needs. Any time I have a question, they are right there with an answer. I like that I can send a message directly in the website, and then they will email me an answer.

Cons

This is the easiest payroll software I have ever used. It is extremely user friendly. The one time I was having trouble with running a report, the team at APS quickly fixed the issue. I have no complaints.

Kristine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this raving review. We are happy to hear your dedicated support team has been so helpful. We are also happy to hear our interface has been so user-friendly. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

JP

Julie P.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support!

Payroll is much faster to do now. While ADP worked, there were lots of links, tabs, and pages that could be overwhelming/unnecessary for a small business. Trying to find specific reports was a nightmare and customer service was non-existent. We are able to process payroll faster, get better answers and help, and have more time to focus on other aspects of the business.

Pros

Their customer support is the best! I love that we have a dedicated team of specialist that I can see online before I even submit a ticket. I usually get the same person, every time and she is very quick and responsive in helping solve any issues or questions I have. Coming from ADP where we had to wait sometimes an hour or longer to speak to a live person, being able to speak to someone in 5 minutes is AMAZING!

Cons

The ONLY thing I dislike about APS is the reporting output format. While it gives me the information I need, prior to exporting to excel or PDF, it always looks nicer on screen than it does in the printout. I wish they could keep the formatting of reports throughout which would be great. But that's really just nitpicking.

We appreciate your positive review, Julie! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

RT

Ronald T.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

We Used Paychex and ADP and Then We Found APS

APS is responsive and has experts on hand if the Help Desk can't solve the issue

Pros

It is easy for the CEO to learn and use. I can go into the database at any time and find the data I need without help

Cons

The appraisal forms are cumbersome and cannot be edited. We gave up after a year.

Ronald, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear our streamlined solution has helped keep all of your payroll and HR data in one place. We have passed along your feedback about the appraisal forms. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

KP

Katha P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

EMployee Management system

great I would not change the system or use another EMS.

Pros

It meets all our needs from payroll to benefits and is customizable has needed.

Cons

they need to add additional customer services hours.

Katha, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear our system has been configurable to your needs. We've passed along your feedback about customer service hours as well.

Amy R.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Payroll & HRIS User

Event tracking, HRIS, and eself serve are great

Pros

User friendly software and customer service is responsive

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow & freezes up

Hi Amy, We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with APS! Thank you for the feedback regarding slow load times - we will pass that along to our development team. Thanks again for being an APS customer!

SH

Scott H.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees

Happy User of 2+ Years

Pros

best customer service department I've worked with out of all the vendors I interface with

Cons

a few limited features in staff work/hours scheduling

We appreciate your positive review, Scott! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

MH

Marilee H.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

APS Review

Pros

Seamlessly downloads hours into the Batch & interfaces with our in-house GL System and 401K Recordkeeper.

Cons

Some of the listed Reports in the System could use larger font and more consistent page breaking.

Thank you for the positive review, Marilee! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

AL

Angela L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great program

The APS payroll system was very easy to transition from our previous program. It transitioned perfectly without any problems. It has given us a better way to track our employees and their information.

Pros

Very easy to move from one area of the system into another without issue.

Cons

The attendance module: tracking time off requests

We appreciate your positive review, Angela! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

AM

Arianna M.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Company Listens to Feedback and IMPROVES

I am loving APS. I am new to my position and this is the first time I have used APS and it has been great. I really appreciate the customer service more than anything. I have worked with other HRIS and payroll companies in the past and literally have been on hold for over 20 minutes! With APS, if they don't answer (rare), I send them an email and always hear back the same day. I also have a team of 3-4 people that work specifically with my company so they understand my challenges better than having 300 different people I might get at another customer service department.

Pros

The software is user friendly for the most part. Any time I have concerns, questions, or suggestions, the customer service team is amazing. They listen to my problems and solve anything. If they do not have a solution, they offer to put in a feature enhancement request which goes to their product development team. It is very rare with a software or payroll company that your suggestions matter. I also...

Cons

I have two primary concerns that are not able to be fixed at this time. I am not a fan of the timekeeping options. We can only have the computers, tablet, or a hand scanning device. Unfortunately, in my field, the hand scanning sensor gets dirty and isn't able to be cleaned easily. Also, we have wi-fi issues so the computers/tablets can be a struggle. I am hoping that they will develop a more traditional...

We appreciate your positive review, Arianna! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete your tasks and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer of APS!

BS

Brenda S.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

So happy with APS!

We are thrilled with APS and the service we receive. We can't get over how often we ask for something and how responsive they are to our needs. We have seen enhancements be made that we didn't even ask for just because it made sense and they were able to do it!

Pros

The system allows all of our processes to be integrated and it is so user friendly. It has saved us so much time because we don't have to re-key the same items over and over again in different systems. Our staff love all the added features they now get.

Cons

We really need a company-wide calendar view of approved PTO requests and I wish that the performance appraisal module had more features. On the rare occasion we have had to correct an error, APS corrects things quickly but we cannot always see what happens in the background and we sometimes struggle to understand the correction and how different GL accounts are affected, etc. Also, Report Writer and Report Builder are not completely compatible so sometimes it is difficult to pull everything we need in one report - I probably just need more training and practice.

We appreciate your positive review, Brenda! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you and discuss additional training of the system. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at aremedies@apspayroll.com or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further if you would like additional training for your team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

TM

Tashona M.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Great HR/Payroll Solution

APS has helped with streamlining the hiring process, while at the same time creating a cloud based HR solution for our company. It allows our small company to operate and function like a larger agency. In addition, if there is ever a problem, accessing someone to help is never an issue.

Pros

I love the ease by which it has centralized our HR structure. We are a virtual company, and having a solution that unites a multi-state company is important. APS does just that. In addition, the visibility of our job posting has increased dramatically. Before APS we were spending thousands in advertising. By using this solution, we have not only streamlined hiring, but decreased our job marketing budget. Thank you APS!

Cons

This is actually a very easy company to work with, and they are consistently looking for ways to improve. The only issue we have run into is the security level mid-managers must be given to access certain features of the software. We have worked around this, however.

We appreciate your positive review, Tashona! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations, and that our top-rated support teams is providing the attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

MH

Michael H.

Libraries, 51-200 employees

A graty payroll, timekeeping and HR solution.

The customer service has been stellar. I have never waited a full 24 hours for a response, and I've always been very satisfied with the resolution of any request.

Pros

Everything is cloud based. We have 16 location and nearly 90 employees. We need real time reports and updates. My administration works in different offices, and now we easily have access to the same content. This is easy to use for staff and managers. When we run payroll, it takes less than 10 minutes.

Cons

We would like more standard reports. The QuickBooks export is very basic, and their customer support was not knowledgeable enough to help us with many classifications we have, so our CPA had to do extra work to set that up. Once it was done, we've had no problems.

Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review us. We are happy to hear that our unified cloud-based solution has provided you with ease! We have passed along your insight on Quickbooks to our development team. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.

KF

Kanikia F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

User-Friendly with Great Customer Service

Pros

The system is really easy to use, and the training process allows multiple employees to train at one time. The customer service is great. I have spoken with several team members on many different occasions and every team member is eager to help and provide great responses. Whenever I have an issue (which is not often), my questions are answered promptly with resolution. I also like the quarterly updates. The quarterly updates are live webinars that are also recorded for later review. The quarterly updates keep the users informed of upcoming changes and system enhancement.

Cons

I have encountered some issues with salary setup. There are a few preferences that I am not able to receive at the moment. However, I have had APS team members reach out to myself and colleagues in regards to changes

Kanika, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear your experience has been overall positive. We've passed along your feedback about the salary issues as well. Thanks for being a valued APS client!

KC

Kathy C.

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

I think their customer service is top notch. I love the fact that I can always pick up the phone and get someone immediately or send an email with a request and get a response back within one business day. This kind of service is rare these days. I really like that applicants automatically move from APS Recruiting to APS Onboarding and then to Employee payroll account. I am very glad that we streamlined this process with APS.

Cons

I wish we could view multiple screens at the same time. Currently, if I want to view multiple reports at the same time, I have to back out and re-enter the info again. This part is not very user friendly. It requires too much going back and forth from one report to another. Another thing that I do not like is that the system logs you out if there is no activity for so many minutes. I wish the user can set the time when this should happen. I feel like I am constantly getting logged out and have to log back in.

We appreciate your positive review, Kathy! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

JB

Jenny B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Time saver!

This has greatly helped supervisors monitor for overtime. It's the first system we've used to digitally process time off requests, and after using a paper system for year, this has been a welcome change. Highly recommend.

Pros

This has been a great tool for managing employee time, benefits and leave in our organization. The self-serve portal is great for allowing employees to clock in/out from anywhere on campus (it is geofenced). It allows both employees and supervisors to easily monitor time so overtime is not so frequent. We also used it for benefit enrollment which streamlined the entire process for everyone!

Cons

The only glitch I've found is that the only spot to enter an employee comment is before you click "clock out" or "clock in," so an extra clock in/out is necessary to add a comment, and then the admin has to clean up that time entry. (Comments are necessary if a punch is missed: for example, if an employee forgot to clock in from lunch, they would have to enter the comment "missed clock in after lunch 12:15" before they clock out.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Jenny! We are happy to hear that the APS platform has made it easier for you to manage employee time, benefits, and leave. We will pass along your constructive feedback regarding comments for time entries. Thank you for taking the time to review us and for being a valued APS customer!

KE

Kelly E.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Great customer support for our growing company!

Even though there are some cons with APS, the customer service truly can't be beat!

Pros

APS customer support is absolutely wonderful. We have a team of dedicated support staff who have been with us since before implementation and are always available to answer questions and provide site assistance. We are a growing company with multiple entities, so we are actively working with our APS team to improve functionality of the site to fit our needs best. The site is also very user friendly within companies. I have used other "bigger" payroll systems and this is a much more simplified site.

Cons

Some of the features are not yet as developed as some of the other "big name" companies, but their dev team seems to be constantly working to make themselves better for their clients. At this time, APS (Payroll, eSelfServe and Hire sites) does not work well on handheld devices (even tablets), so you almost always have to have a computer available to do the work you need; i.e. if we are out of office and a team member needs something, we can't use our smart phones to find that answer, we have to wait to get back to our computers. The system seems to work better in browsers such as Google Chrome vs. Safari, and can be very slow at times.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Great Product and Awesome support

We have had a great experiance with APS. Their support and immediate follow up has been excellent.

Pros

The ability to have all of our Payroll and HR needs under one roof has made our organizations' ability to supply a better HR product to our employees so much easier. The customer service support we received upon set up (and even now) has made up very happy that we chose APS.

Cons

There are no real CONS per-sea. There are so many features that it does get a little cumbersome on where to find certain items from time to time.

We appreciate your positive review! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

RH

Renee' H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

It has been a great relief to not have to worry about filing the taxes.

The software has been great capturing the time of most of our employees without myself having to manually input. The ability to customize our vacation and PTO benefits for our employees. Once the payroll has been processed, APS takes care of direct deposits, filing taxes, creating checks to be printed for live checks and deductions. Employees being able to access their information online without having to request myself to make the updates. Having mobile clock in and outs.

Pros

Office employees are able to clock in and out, request time off electronically and receive approval electronically.

Cons

For this software to allow the field employees to clock in using a job name. We are a subcontractor organization and our field employees clock into the jobs they are working on. Also, it would be beneficial if once the time is captured in APS that the hours could be uploading in Workflow Max the hours worked on each job.

We appreciate your positive review, Renee'! We're glad to hear your time and attendance has simplified. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

ER

Elizabeth R.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Intuitive & easy to use with great customer care

Very happy with it and appreciate the customer service - shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

The reporting features and the payroll audit summary are so helpful and convenient when pulling metrics or finding important information in a snap.

Cons

Being that it's a smaller platform, it does not integrate with other software platforms where data pull is needed from our payroll HRIS.

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our software has made your job easier and that your support has been helpful. We noticed you mentioned a lack of integration with other systems. We do offer integrations with hundreds of other systems. Our customer success team would be happy to discuss options with you to ensure you're getting the most out of your investment. Feel free to reach out to April Remedies for assistance - aremedies@apspayroll.com. Thank you for being an APS customer.

AP

Ann P.

APS review

Pros

Easy to use for payroll and benefits.

Cons

Some of the reports are hard to create.

We appreciate your positive review, Ann! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

KH

Kelly H.

Research, 201-500 employees

Great Service

Pros

APS's customer service is exceptional. They are always quick to respond when I have something come up that I haven't seen before or something strange happens that I need help with. They have always been able to resolve the issue, and are very pleasant to deal with either by phone or electronically. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

It's too easy for employees to miss punches by logging in/out instead of clocking in/out

We appreciate your positive review, Kelly! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!