PurelyHR Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

I like that it is easy to use and all of the employees can access it easily, it came with great instructions so everyone is able to do what they need to do.
It has been wonderful for our employees; the customer service responds very quickly; good UI.
Great software, priced better than other tracking systems and integrates well. Reporting is good, UI is very easy to use and the overall experience is A.
Our vacation and sick leave times are set up in hours, and it doesn't. Work very well if a person works an odd number of hours per week.
When doing my timecard it is annoying to have to scroll through all the times. You either have to do that or type the time and the am and pm.
Errors in processing leave have drastically decreased. Employee understanding and knowledge of leave programs increased.

Jeanette A.

Executive Director

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Purely makes HR work easier

Transcript

Jeanette: Hi, I'm Jeanette. I'm an executive director. And I give PurelyHR a four out of five stars....

MV

MaryAnn V.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Simple yet in-depth

I find PurelyHR to be a huge time saver and it gives employees the autonomy for their time off requests. It's a great tracking tool for absenteeism and just general information, like work anniversaries and birthdays. I recommend this software highly.

Pros

I like the different options for admin to share with employees as well as all the reports you can create. It is also very easy to put in time off and I like the calendar share so at a glance everyone can see who is off. I also like being able to code my different departments. There are many many things I like so I can't say that I like something the MOST, I like it all!

Cons

I don't like not being able to edit at times after someone has put in a time off request, especially if it is for multiple days. I find it easier to just delete the original and start over.

THANK YOU!! We are very happy that PurelyHR was able to help you and your team! We have definitely shared your concerns with our development team. Thank you for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us and we are here to help with any questions, concerns or issues that you may run into. Thank you again! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

AL

Annette L.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Great System

No more chasing of papers, following up on requests. Approval by the manager is immediately accessible for payroll. Great to be able to see at a glance who is in/out of the office. Has been a key component in implementing our 'work from remote' program.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, very friendly interface. Plenty of depth for recording information beyond just time & attendance which was our primary motivator. Integration with Outlook and Google calendars is a time saver. LOTS of reporting capabilities.

Cons

Set up can be a bit confusing, still not sure we have everything set up quite right. Managers were a bit reluctant initially (but came on board once they realized the visibility the system gives them).

Hi Annette, We wanted to thank you for this very detailed and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that PurelyHR helped improve visibility for your managers and implement your "work from home" program. Our success team is always available to review the way your policies are set up if you have questions or concerns. Reach out to us anytime. We'd love to help. Thanks again for the review. Best, PurelyHR Team

KB

Kelsy B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

great price! allows for policy customization. is relatively user for those on a desktop

the ability to run reports and better track time off. If it had an app I would rate it an 8.

Pros

great price. good policy flexibility. attractive platform. user friendly for those on desktop computer.

Cons

There needs to be an app!!!!! The website is not very mobile friendly. The whole point is to encourage our employees to use the system but that is very difficult without an app. Most of our employees do not have desktops but rather mobile devices.

Hi Kelsy, We want to Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We truly appreciate everything you've shared. We can also say that an APP is something we've been definitely talking about for future development. Sincerely, Team PurelyHr

IK

Isabella K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Purely HR - Time off manager

Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros

This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

Hi Isabella, Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you. We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off. Thank you for leaving such a kind review. We appreciate you! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

MP

Molly P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

PurelyHR Review

Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros

It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons

I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

Hi Molly, First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization. We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done. We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

RK

RYAN K.

Printing, 51-200 employees

PurelyHR

Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons

Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review! It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs. Once again, much appreciated! The PurelyHR team

PK

Pascal K.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Efficient, easy to use and flexible

I have been using time-off manager for more than 3 years now; its flexibility and ease of use made the initial roll out simple; in addition, the developers are very helpful and responsive, and they consider customer feedback as priority for their next enhancements.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly interface Fast and efficient Zero maintenance required Flexible: I was able to configure almost all business rules required for different countries of our operations Support is very responsive and helpful Cost efficient and hassle free

Cons

Hi Pascal, Thank you very much for your kind review and your loyalty! To know that Time-Off has grown with your company for over 3 years is amazing! We hope we will be there for you for many more years! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Can do a lot for you

When employees and/or mangers remember to put the time off - sick, appt. etc vs just vacation it makes payroll so much easier. i like that the information can be shown to who you choose. E.g Mangers can see entire staff or just their departments. When I did have issues early on in the set up of the system their customer service team was quick to respond an walk me through. Overall I find it easy and self explanatory to use after the initial set up.

Pros

All the information for employee time off are available in one site, one calendar and to all managers, other employees if you choose.

Cons

Sometimes a bit of a game moving between screens and adding time off types etc Don't like having to type out "delete" to verify the I want to delete a terminated employee

Hello, Thanks for leaving a review, we greatly appreciate the feedback :). We've noted down your concerns and will do our best do resolve them for you. We hope that PurelyHR continues to help elevate your time-off and other HR needs in the future. Happy New Year! The PurelyHR Team

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Terrible user experience

cost effective, customisable

Pros

It's cost-effective and does the job. allows quite a high degree of customisation in assigning holiday types and renewals

Cons

the user experience is simply terrible, especially after the merge into pure light now information is scattered and very difficult to find

Hi, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right, If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at (844) 402-6557 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great Time Management Software for our small company.

Easily manage time off requests and PTO allotment.

Pros

Purely HR is easy to use. It allows us to quickly and easily submit and approve time off requests as well as access time off documentation and reporting.

Cons

I manage several employees and It can be difficult to toggle between my personal profile and the profile of my employees.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy that we've been able to help you manager requests and allowances. We're constantly reviewing and enhancing our software so we'd be happy to hear any feedback you have on how you'd like to see the transition from personal profile to employee profile! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

SA

Sara A.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Meets requirements - a good product for money

We've been using purelyhr 4 years now and are only reconsidering it's continuity in case we implement a full integrated HRMS. Otherwise, we'll keep it, as it's one of the best timeoff solutions around, and very cheap.

Pros

Very easy to use, good UI UXamazing timeoff reports, a lot of customized reports on time offvery easy to configure and managevery customizable in terms of type of time offs, policies, allocation, etcmeets all out requirements for PTO management!

Cons

No mobile appEmployee Data dashboards are very limited, comparing to timeoff reports which are amazingother modules are available but very limited, which dont allow for a HR integrated systemno integration with payroll systems

JS

Jennifer S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Purely HR Makes Life Better

I could not wish for a better overall experience with the Purely HR software/program. The ease of navigation and simplicity of time off calculations is all wonderful.

Pros

I am the Program Director of over 60 employees and the Purely HR program helps me save time and lessens stress for me on a daily basis. We use to have to compile reports on paper, or add/subtract leave on a spreadsheet, and now that has all changed for the better.

Cons

There are some issues in the calculation of leave for my new staff, but this is a minor inconvenience.

AM

Allison M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Excellent Software & Customer Service is Outstanding

We've been using the software now since 2013; we use it to track time off for two sister companies. The software is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up. I've requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive. Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market....and I've used several!!

Pros

Ease of set-up and use.

Cons

None really.

Hi Allison, We are happy to hear that Time-Off has solved your leave management needs. If you need any other changes in your reports, you know where to find us! Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. Sincerely, PurelyHR Team.

AN

Alixx N.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

PurelyHR Review

PurelyHR was great to use as an employee. I don't know why we switched products - but it is what it is.

Pros

My employer used PurelyHR before the software we currently use. purelyHR was very user friendly, pretty interface, and easy to understand/use.

Cons

I did not have anything negative happen with PurelyHR - although sometimes it took several clicks throughs to find something that I shouldn't have to click so many things for.

JG

June G.

Excellent time off tracking solution

The ability for our employees to see their own accrual balances without having to use our payroll system.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is very easy to use for both myself and our users. I like the fact that we can customize it for days and not just hours.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the recent price increase. Also, sometimes the reports print in a font that is too small. And there are a few areas within the system that still show as hours rather than days (we like to have days like. 833 days.)

Hi June, We are thrilled to hear that you and your team are enjoying the simplicity of Time-Off. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

EC

Erin C.

Easy to Use and Functional

Pros

Easy to import users and do bulk user updates. Accessible for our staff from anywhere and user friendly. Customizable to which fields you can have agents select. Mutli-site capable and can accommodate as many programs and buildings as necessary.

Cons

If an agent is removed from assignment, you have to in and delete all existing upcoming request offs by hand. We would love for all of them to be able to be auto removed.

MT

Meghan T.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

I love this software. Has been so easy for my staff to use and has been perfect for our organization

Staff record management, time off management, reports, employees reports

Pros

Ease of use! My employees knew how to pick it up right off the bat. They have access to their time reports which is super helpful to me!

Cons

Hi Meghan, i love that you love this software! The whole team at PurelyHR are thrilled that you left us with such a friendly review. Thank you so much! We hope we can continue to provide you with a helpful solution for your HR needs. - PurelyHR

TF

Trent F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

PurelyHR: Time-Off Review

The experience was poor as if lacked many features and was overpriced compared to other software and ultimately went a different direction.

Pros

The only thing that was good about the product was that you were allowed a 60 day trial period to test the product out before committing financially long-term.

Cons

The software lacked most of what our organization needed in regards to how we approach time off.

JL

Joshua L.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Good experience thus far. Simple to get your head around from a non administration perspective.

Payroll will be able to complete their job much MUCH faster once everything is up and running. No chasing people for little slips of paper saying whether they were or were not allowed to take leave.

Pros

Looks very nice and is looking nicer and nicer as time goes on. The system is easy to use and learn for staff and the administrative side of things is easy (once learnt) and offers a range of options to facilitate your HR requirements. Pricing is also acceptable for the time it saves in other areas. Unfortunately we still use slips of paper as well to sign off leave .

Cons

The reporting needs work and booking leave also. Customisation for international users. For Example - we do not call it Vacation but rather Leave so calling it Vacation can be confusing at first. The ability to change descriptions would be good. This goes for clocking in and out as well. I don't want to have to select what type of work I am doing if all work is the same. Rather than it noting 'No Job Code' we can change it. Just for aesthetics and ease of reading. Also booking the vacation, the delays in changing it from single to multiple days. Why not have the system figure that out from the days you select? Click one day, one day. Drag to multiple, multiple...

JG

Joyce G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

When the product interface changed, I think it became less intuitive.

We use to use a Google calendar, this is more efficient

Pros

The price is right, we use it strictly for PTO tracking, and it works fine for that. The price is very reasonable.

Cons

I don't things are intuitive. It would be nice to be able to run reports and select multiple people, don't think that functionality is there.

Hi Joyce, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

GF

Gregory F.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

It's been for the post part very good

Pros

Ease of use, much better system than what we had in the past. I like the employee page with all pertinent individual information.

Cons

Having issues with new employees and earned carryover days. The program carrys over 100%, and makes it difficult to try and fix

JK

Julie K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Less questions from employees regarding their accrued time off balance; more visibility to project managers for their staff calendars

Pros

Employee visibility of team calendar and their accrued time off; less phone calls to me! Very reasonable pricing

Cons

Some of the initial set up is confusing with selecting what employees can see on their calendars. Other than that it is very straight forward

Hi Julie, what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. One thing we took note here was the difficulty setting up. We understand that the level of complexity can differentiate with each company, that's we decided to start offering a free on-boarding session with our HR experts upon upgrade! As you also know, our success team is always on standby to help! We wish you continued success with PurelyHR! -PurelyHR

HS

Heather S.

Printing, 201-500 employees

Excellent. Super easy to set-up and administer

The amazing gift of time. We used to do everything on paper.....now the system does it all for us.

Pros

It is intuitive. Regardless of your level of technical knowledge, migrating this system is very simple for all employees.

Cons

Continuous changes to navigating. We have been a client for 6 months and way too many changes in a short period of time.

Heather, thank you so much for leaving a review. We absolutely loved reading your feedback. As for the multiple changes to our system, it seams you started using PurelyHR at the time when we introduced our new User Interface. We promise that your experience with the software will be much better thanks to it and that we won't be undergoing any other major changes like this for a while. Keep being awesome HR Director :) Sincerely, - PurelyHR

JC

Joanne C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Time off manager Review by ALMA

Before we used this software, we were using Excel to keep track of employees time off. This was very time consuming and tedious. After the set up we don't have to do monthly in puts, all we do now is print a report from the report menu. This program is so worth the monthly fee. I had to call customer service once and they were responsive and solved my issue with one call.We love it.

Pros

Easy to use the cost is very resonable

Cons

Hi Joanne, Thank you so much for your friendly review! We are so glad that you continue to enjoy our time-off solution! If ever you need us, we are only a phone call or email away! Sincerely, Time-Off Manager team

LS

Louisa S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

I find this software very user friendly for my staff.

I have already recommended this to many companies. This software cut down the time it takes for me to track vacation and sick time for staff.

Pros

I like the price as we are a not for profit org and I love how easy it is use. The reports feature is great as well.

Cons

Dear Louisa, we wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave such a friendly review. We are thrilled to learn that your experience with PurelyHR has been positive one. We appreciate you recommending the software to others as well, you are the best! Sincerely, - PurelyHR