All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

PurelyHR Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

Time Off Manager does everything I need and more at a very attractive price point. Service is fantastic - fast, friendly and knowledgeable.

Peter B.

Read the full review
Love that it is simple and employees are able to pick up on it immediately. Customer service is great at responding to any questions and helping you complete any task you may need help with.

Linda B.

Read the full review
Ve requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive. Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market.

Allison M.

Read the full review

Cons

Frustrated with changes to system as now there is more room for human errors.

Trina J.

Read the full review
Customisation for international users. For Example - we do not call it Vacation but rather Leave so calling it Vacation can be confusing at first.

Joshua L.

Read the full review
I manage several employees and It can be difficult to toggle between my personal profile and the profile of my employees.

Read the full review

Incredible customization options and world class customer service!

Our employees are able to easily submit and track their time off; Managers are quickly able to assess their team's availability and time-off balances.

Pros

The ease with which we can customize our (sometimes) unorthodox time-off requests is unparalleled. Our staff love the ability to see the entire calendar, and our managers love the ability to approve via email and get live updates on current balances.

Cons

We considered using the Timesheet app in conjunction with the Time-Off app, but found the different views to be either not detailed enough, or too detailed for our employees to use. We would strongly consider adding the Timesheet app on to our account if it was able to be a bit more dynamic. For example, we have several employees who are grant-funded (and need to be able to track their time to specific grants); currently, we are using google sheets to do this because it allows employees to simply enter in their time in the corresponding cells with ease. It would be great to see PurelyHR develop a "simple" view that has customizable rows for different "Projects" (or, grants).

Hi Brittany, We are often willing and able to customize our system to meet our customer¿s needs. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Purely makes HR work easier

It has made our time tracking process a breeze. Employees can now log in and see how much time off they have available and request time off easily. And that fact that it allows us to easily track our banked time is great.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and all of the employees can access it easily, it came with great instructions so everyone is able to do what they need to do. It is easy to make changes to time once it has been entered and it allows a multiple level approval process for granting time off.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to remember where to go to get information about time that has been used. A new report that would just show how one employees time has been used would be helpful.

Gets the job done

Great for what I use it for. Haven't experienced any issues. As I've said, it gets the job done.

Pros

An easy to use platform, PurelyHR serves as our time off management service. We don't use all of its features and capabilities, but for what we use it for it does the job well.

Cons

The interface is a little bit behind the aesthetic times. It's not as flashy and 'cool' looking as some other platforms, but that's not really an issue. It works.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying PurelyHR and appreciate the feedback.

Customer Service doesn't exist here!

Pros

Product is simple to use and a decent value for what you get.

Cons

When there are issues with the system, you will find no support. They don't pick up the phone, which results in having to use email to contact them. Most recently, the system wouldn't send the welcome emails to users, so I reached out to them about this. Instead of asking for any specifics or additional info (I was still working with my test group) they sent the Welcome emails to everyone in the company, essentially rolling out the product to my organization early. And they sent the emails - not once, not twice, but SIX times - just in case anyone might have missed it. Then they stopped responding to emails too. This may seem like a small thing to them, but to any HR Professional that's ever had to clean up after a vendor, they'll understand.

We’re so sorry that you had a negative experience! We want to start off by sincerely apologizing for that. I very well remember this issue, we did recently switch servers and as a result had a glitch with our email system that effected a number of our customers. Our phones and emails were quite backed up that day so I assure you on any other day our Customer Success team is at the phones and ready...

PurelyHR is a so convenient

I appreciate the over all ease and adjustability of this program. If you are looking for a way to save time calculating staff leave (PTO, vacation, sick, long term leave of absences) and processing timesheets - this is the software to use. We have unique time off policies with many different school districts, and the PurelyHR system can handle them all. It just makes my work life that much easier!

Pros

PurelyHR saves me time and energy with having one digital location for our timesheets and leave balances. This process use to take me and a co-workers HOURS to compile and track, now only minutes.

Cons

It took a little time for my less tech-savvy staff to grasp, but they eventually got the hang of it.

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review! We're so happy PurelyHR is making your work life easier.

PurelyHR

It has been positive. prior to moving to PurelyHR we had an inhouse program to keep trap of vacation, and another formatto keep staff information, this is all in 1 place.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support and service I receive is excellent.

Cons

There are a few reporting features and information I would like to see that currently are not available. It takes a bit of time to navigate through the modules we use to find where I need to go to get the information.

Cari, We are so happy that your experience with PurelyHR has been positive. We often take time to listen to our customers requests for new features/reports. If you haven't already, please send us an email with the reports you might find helpful. We'll do our best to accommodate you. Thank you for leaving a review. Happy new year! The PurelyHR Team

PurelyHR: Time-Off is a signficant time saver

After handling time off requests by email and spreadsheet I was happy to find Purely HR:Time Off. Time off requests are now handled quickly and efficiently and everyone has access to the calendar to see who will be off when. I'm looking forward to the last quarter of the year not being bombarded with questions about how much time employees still have available. Purely HR: Time Off has been a great addition for our company.

Pros

Ease of handling time off requests and a company wide calendar that everyone has access to

Cons

Setup would be my least favorite. There was a learning curve due to the complexities of time off scenarios but the staff at PurelyHR: Time Off walked me through each step so that my least favorite part of the software was easily navigated.

Oh Wow!! How exciting for our team to hear that we have been able to save you time and energy with your workload? VERY EXCITED! PurelyHR is always striving to help in any way we can. If you need assistance, you know we are just a phone call or an email away. Once again, our sincere THANKS to you! From the PurelyHR team

Easy to Use; Keeps Us Organized

Helps make our lives easier in a busy business world.

Pros

At a glance, we know what our employees' vacation status is. The calendar enables us to see how many will be gone in a particular day which is important to help us avoid having too many out at one time.

Cons

Vacation time is subtracted in advance. It would be nice to see actual time remaining rather than time off remaining after subtracting future vacation days.

Hi Debbie, We know how busy life can be, and we're glad that PurelyHR is helping you stay organized and in control of employee PTO. If ever you have any recommendations or feedback on the product, feel free to reach out to us and we will see what we can do to help. :) Thank you for the review, we wish you all the best in 2019. The PurelyHR Team

Easy to use, simple and does what it should!

Helps me manage & book my time off!

Pros

I love how easy this is to use! It makes approvals and booking time off much easier than other systems I've used. I like the email reminders for when you have a holiday coming up (personal or stat) and the quick stats you can get to see what you have left, and have accumulated.

Cons

It takes a few clicks to get into your stats to see what you have left for vacation. I wish it was more obvious but overall have few complaints.

Hi Lisa, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using the system along the way. If you come across any questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach our support team and they will be able to assist you. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Time off Manager review

Before we started using this program keeping track of everyone's leave we a huge job every month. Now it is so easy we trained all our team members and the training modules are very helpful. I have had to call customer support several times and they always answer my questions and give me solutions. I would highly recommend this program.

Pros

Easy to use, easy set up, very affordable

Cons

I have not had an issue with this program

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you and your team are finding TOM very useful! Our support staff is always on standby to assist you with all your questions, so never hesitate to give us a call, no matter the reason! Again thank you for your kind words, and we wish you all the success in the world! Sincerely, Time-Off Manager Team

Simple yet in-depth

I find PurelyHR to be a huge time saver and it gives employees the autonomy for their time off requests. It's a great tracking tool for absenteeism and just general information, like work anniversaries and birthdays. I recommend this software highly.

Pros

I like the different options for admin to share with employees as well as all the reports you can create. It is also very easy to put in time off and I like the calendar share so at a glance everyone can see who is off. I also like being able to code my different departments. There are many many things I like so I can't say that I like something the MOST, I like it all!

Cons

I don't like not being able to edit at times after someone has put in a time off request, especially if it is for multiple days. I find it easier to just delete the original and start over.

THANK YOU!! We are very happy that PurelyHR was able to help you and your team! We have definitely shared your concerns with our development team. Thank you for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us and we are here to help with any questions, concerns or issues that you may run into. Thank you again! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Take time to get it all set up but then it has saved us a tremendous amount of time in admin work.

The ease of keeping track of how many days employees get off and when they take it off and why. Admin made much quicker and easier. Streamlined the whole Paid Time off process. It automatically gives days each year on their hire date.

Pros

The automation in approving time off is great! It really makes things easy and you can make it so there are a set of people that each need to approve in a certain order and then it can also email other people that arent approving it. Which info's people that need to know with the data of whats going on.

Cons

There is a limit in how much data you can put in your time off request comments. This is frustrating because we require each employee to list out all their functions and how they are going to have the covered while they are gone but it isn't long enough for some positions. However, we have a workaround and I hope they fix this soonish.

Hi Spencer, We, first want to say THANK YOU for submitting a review to us. We truly appreciate all the feedback you can provide to us. We have since asked our service team to reach out to you to determine what we can do to possibly work on a solution for the con that you've listed. The PurelyHR team

Good Product Could be better with a just a few upgrades.

The calendar feature is what help our employees in the field the most. The supervisors can keep track of who is off and when someone will be out more easily than our old way of doing time off. The employees can easily request time off without tracking down someone on the job site.

Pros

Easy to use for both employees and administrator. You can request time off in small increments of time or the whole day or days. The calendar feature is really good. I can bring up the calendar and see who is off and who has time off pending approval. The employees can see how much time they have taken off and how much they have left in the year, so they are not calling the office to see their balances. I do like the reports I can run to show balances and time taken off.

Cons

I do not like that the systems resets automatically each year. I would like to make sure at the end of the year the totals are correct before it reset for the new year. There might be a feature that I am not aware of that would allow me to do this. Each year each employee can roll over 40hrs of time not taken but there are some exceptions to this rule and I would like to add this before the system rolls over.

Hi Christina, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to PurelyHR, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team.

Great System

No more chasing of papers, following up on requests. Approval by the manager is immediately accessible for payroll. Great to be able to see at a glance who is in/out of the office. Has been a key component in implementing our 'work from remote' program.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, very friendly interface. Plenty of depth for recording information beyond just time & attendance which was our primary motivator. Integration with Outlook and Google calendars is a time saver. LOTS of reporting capabilities.

Cons

Set up can be a bit confusing, still not sure we have everything set up quite right. Managers were a bit reluctant initially (but came on board once they realized the visibility the system gives them).

Hi Annette, We wanted to thank you for this very detailed and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that PurelyHR helped improve visibility for your managers and implement your "work from home" program. Our success team is always available to review the way your policies are set up if you have questions or concerns. Reach out to us anytime. We'd love to help. Thanks again for the review. Best, PurelyHR Team

Purely HR - Time off manager

Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros

This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

Hi Isabella, Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you. We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off. Thank you for leaving such a kind review. We appreciate you! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

frustrated with changes to system as now there is more room for human errors

I like that we have more options than before the integration of Purely HR, but the lack of support upon change to new system caused former admin to off-set dates 90 days making it very difficult to track & apply correct policies to staff. Now, we are stuck with it as they fear the employee would lose benefits owed to them.

Pros

ease of use once you learn all the factors and set policies correctly, but was rolled over and not set up correctly for the rollover to be smooth so transitioning is still showing bugs to fix

Cons

too many errors with multi-day requests so days off are requested to be one at a time to avoid wrong totals to balance.

Hi Trina, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we want to hear all feedback. We have asked our support team to connect with you to ensure that you're account is set correctly for your needs, to hopefully avoid any possible issues for the future. You can also reach out to them at any time at support@purelyhr.com Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Efficient, easy to use and flexible

I have been using time-off manager for more than 3 years now; its flexibility and ease of use made the initial roll out simple; in addition, the developers are very helpful and responsive, and they consider customer feedback as priority for their next enhancements.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly interface Fast and efficient Zero maintenance required Flexible: I was able to configure almost all business rules required for different countries of our operations Support is very responsive and helpful Cost efficient and hassle free

Cons

Hi Pascal, Thank you very much for your kind review and your loyalty! To know that Time-Off has grown with your company for over 3 years is amazing! We hope we will be there for you for many more years! Sincerely, PurelyHR Team

Meets our needs

It meets our needs for a sign in/out board and tracking vacation or reports so employees can book and view time off with ease.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive to use particularly for the administrator who needs to navigate a more deeper into the program for reports and set up.

Cons

The rebranding Octopus arm character is incredibly juvenile no matter how smiley it is - makes the program look like a joke. It's supposed to be a trusted reliable support for employee data.

Hi Angela, Thanks for sharing your experience with PurelyHR. Hearing about the intuitiveness and utility for administrators is very satisfying! If the illustrations on our website is the only con, we can live with that. We wish you more success in 2019! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

PurelyHR

Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons

Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review! It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs. Once again, much appreciated! The PurelyHR team

Good for what it does, would have preferred consolidated solution

We use ADP for core HR management and were not satisfied with the tools included in that platform. We did a survey of available tools and found that PurelyHR suited our needs and was easy for us as well as our employees to use.

Pros

PurelyHR has a simple interface and is easy to use, both in terms of administration and end user input. It helps us keep track of more complex needs, such as overtime, for certain staff members.

Cons

We only use it for time sheet and vacation purposes, so it doesn't seem worth the expense or compliance overhead of using yet another vendor. I'd prefer to see this type of functionality be better built into our core HR platform so we don't need to maintain two relationships.

PurelyHR Review

Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros

It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons

I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

Hi Molly, First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization. We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done. We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Excellent Software & Customer Service is Outstanding

We've been using the software now since 2013; we use it to track time off for two sister companies. The software is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up. I've requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive. Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market....and I've used several!!

Pros

Ease of set-up and use.

Cons

None really.

Hi Allison, We are happy to hear that Time-Off has solved your leave management needs. If you need any other changes in your reports, you know where to find us! Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. Sincerely, PurelyHR Team.

Intuitive Front and Back End

Pros

This is super easy for our employees to quickly understand and use. For admins, setting up a new user and general on-going maintenance is a breeze.

Cons

We've had issues with making requests into a future year. Customer service responds quickly but doesn't always have a solution.

Thank you so much for leaving a review. :) We are sorry to hear about your future year request issue. I assure you that we take your questions very seriously and do our best to provide you with a solution. Some product limitations may exist, however if we can find a way to make it work or make changes, we will! Don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our success members if the problem persists or with anything else you may need a hand with. They are happy to help. -PurelyHR

Great Timeclock Software

Time-Off was added to facilitate payroll running smoother. The reports have really sped things up.

Pros

It is very helpful that you can set up different business rules in the software to help keep track of things like holidays, shifts an department.

Cons

Our shift hours vary and it was more difficult to set up those special shifts in the Time-Off module. We found a work around though.

Hi Tammy, WOW, first let's start by saying thank you for leaving such an amazing review! We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization. We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

PurelyHR Review

Overall PurelyHR has worked to our benefit. We are able to utilize our time better and more efficiently.

Pros

The ease from manual tracking to automated tracking. This gave Managers the ability to approve and decline vacations for their subordinates instead of going to HR.

Cons

It's inability to cater to very specific needs.

Hi Shalini, We would like to say thanks for leaving us a review on Capterra. We're glad that PurelyHR has allowed your team to make better use of their time and gave more control to the managers. We would like nothing more than to cater to every single one of our customers specific needs, and quite often we are able to accommodate them. If you have any questions or concerns about specific requests, please reach out to our team. We would like to wish you all the best in 2019! Sincerely, The PurelyHR Team

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.