RUN Powered by ADP Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

Reviews by rating

Overall I think it's great I love the ease of access of everything on the page and how it helps you with your budget.
Also, RUN provided all the needed records for the cares act(PPP), which was a huge help with the loan process. Lastly, I also frequently use the mobile app, a great feature I do enjoy.
The time clock integration is key. Also, we've had great luck with customer support and our sales rep is AMAZING.
I would have to say I hate the customer service aspect of the company. They are not helpful at all and really are useless to my employees as well as me.
Horrible Customer Service and Clunky Software.
When I said I was going to leave I wasn’t offered anything to keep my account. Months later I got calls and a million emails offering me months for free and no W2 charges.

AA

Ashli A.

Owner

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Payroll Review

Transcript

Ashli: Hi, I'm Ashli, I'm the Owner and Operator of a parking lot sweeping company, and I give RUN Powered...

Heather K.

I've been an ADP user since 1999 and it's always been growing with us!

Pros

Constant updates and ADP actually listens to the feedback of their customers. I LOVE having a dedicated manager to answer my questions or to direct me in the right direction.

Cons

I wish that when setting up a new tax that needs an ID #, that ADP would handle contacting the state for id #'s, etc.

Hi Heather - Thank you for providing a positive review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

KZ

Kristen Z.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use Payroll Software

I had a great experience using this software and ultimately only switched due to the need to offer benefits.

Pros

The software is intuitive, easy-to-use and secure.

Cons

I have no complaints apart from the constant password changing required.

Kristen, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? provides you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business. We appreciate your partnership on your payroll and human capital management needs. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

TC

Tiffany C.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Horrible Customer Service and Clunky Software

Overall, the payroll portion was easy to use, easy to run, and reports were adequate. For the price, we felt that the features were lacking and difficult to setup. Customer service was a joke and it took to long to get a returned answer.

Pros

The sales team over promised and then disappeared after we installed the software. The features that were available were so/so and appeared to be clunky. To process payroll was adequate and easy to operate. Reports were fine and gave me everything that I needed to easily enter payroll into our accounting software.

Cons

The HR features that we had tied to the payroll were a joke. Expert HR was nothing more than a phone call to someone that would then transfer you to someone else, that would then transfer you to someone else, and by the time it was over you forgot your question.

Tiffany, We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN? Powered by ADP continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are sorry to hear of your experience with RUN? and will pass along this feedback to our Product & Sales Teams. We are always working to enhance RUN? and delight our users. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

HR

Hannah R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Huge time saver

Pros

The ability to run payroll quickly and easily was a huge draw. The biggest benefit is the knowledge that we are compliant with all of the ever changing tax requirements. All of our taxes are paid automatically which is also a huge time saver. I'm excited to see how it helps with year-end reporting.

Cons

Integration with the desktop version of Sage 50 was a little cumbersome. It works, but doesn't import the data in the way that we were used to. It's just fine, but not perfect. Setup happened at the end of a quarter and took a little bit too much back and forth to get working properly. Support wait times were unusually high.

RC

Ryian C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

One of THE BEST!

Overall, it has been great - definitely exceeded my expectations regarding what they can do other than just payroll.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, features of the product

Cons

The fact that only SOME things can be completed from the App

Jordan B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Excellent Company

Excellent. [sensitive content hidden] made the process easy and was involved with every step of our integration.

Pros

I have used ADP on and off with companies I have owned or been an officer of since 1997. The company and the people who work here are knowledgeable and good people to work with.

Cons

The software is not well put together and doesn't flow naturally. Additionally, screens will freeze on you and you will have to start over.

SS

Samantha S.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

User Friendly and Time Saver

We have had an absolutely wonderful experience with ADP Run. The set up was easy and they walked us through every step getting started. Their help functions are awesome and always help me with any questions quickly and efficiently. I love how user friendly their portal is and the employee portal is a great help for all of our employees to track their weekly pay.

Pros

The portal is so user friendly and the online chat function is great and easy to get help

Cons

I have had no problems with this program.

Samantha, Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is easy and intuitive for you! We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

AA

Ashli A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Payroll Review

Sales process was very smooth you have a great sales team. after that it felt more like a number they were not as kind hearted sounding. but I fortunately have been able to use very easily.

Pros

This software has made it easy to use and our team loves having direct deposit as it was something not offered by the previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Customer service once you sign up was a little lower but I haven't had too many questions so that isn't supper horrible

Ashli, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! We value your partnership on your human capital management needs. We hope on our future interactions we can provide you with a service experience as superior as your experience with RUN. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

MF

Magie F.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Ease of use is the Best feature

I would highly recommend it for ease of use! It’s one of the easiest programs to use and is employee friendly

Pros

I love how easy it is to use! You can do the onboarding or have your employee do it! I have looked at other, cheaper options but this system is really a no brainer!

Cons

If you have questions the customer service Dept is not great! Overall I find ADP to be lacking in the customer service area! I reach out to other school owners who use ADP for help, for the few times I’ve had questions or concerns

Maggie, Thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about service has been shared internally. -Your RUN Team

GB

Gina B.

Real Estate, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Makes running payroll a breeze!

The customer service was stellar in answering my questions and helping me get through the payroll issues I had. I would highly recommend using RUN Powered by ADP

Pros

The self service portal is important to me since I am the only employee. It allows me to utilize this feature without it being expensive. The customer service is outstanding! When I have questions, they are readily available to answer and help.

Cons

At first, I was a little confused on how the process worked in self reporting, but after I spoke with customer service, we were able to work all the kinks out.

Gina, thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP®. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Team

WD

William D.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

The customer service is outstanding even late at night.

I have been using this software and ADP for 5 years. There have been more than a few times where something went seriously wrong on a payroll day and I was not able to run the payroll at my normal time. Inevitably, I am up late finishing it, "Murphy's law" happens, and I run into a problem on that particular night. It is nice to know I can get help when I need it.

Pros

This is easy to use and set up payroll software if you use ADP for payroll. When you sign up with ADP then you are given a dedicated customer service team that specializes in teaching you how to use the software. After about 60 days they allow you to call into their 24-hour customer service team from then on into the future. If you are ever stuck late at night trying to finish payroll and run into a problem, they answer the phone and help you solve the issue so can finish the job.

Cons

ADP is more expensive than a local payroll company. Although I like to support local small businesses like mine, it is nice to know that the payroll will be done right the first time. Your employees will appreciate it.

William, We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN along with quality support from the RUN Service Team. Thank you for the feedback on the fee structure. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users so we value your insights. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

MM

Mike M.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Solid HR Platform

Overall, we find ADP RUN to be useful and a pretty good value for the money. It saves us time and works as expected 99% of the time with no downtime. ADP has really good customer service and we've enjoyed the integration with the retirement services. RUN is robust and offers a lot of different, useful features.

Pros

We've been using ADP RUN for a few years now and have enjoyed our experience with the system. It makes payroll a breeze and provides our staff members with an easy-to-use timecard and information portal, which allows them to see their pay stubs, W-2s, and retirement balances. Errors within the system are rare, and the ADP customer service team is extremely responsive if any issues do arise. W-2 forms...

Cons

Every so often, the Employee Access hub seems to glitch and prevents some employees from reaching their accounts. I've found that this can sometimes be rectified with a cache clear or even opening the Access portal in a different browser, but overall this is a relatively minor issue and it can be quickly cleared up in most cases. ADP also has a bit of a habit of having random salespeople reach out from time to time to attempt upsells rather than a dedicated account manager (we do have a dedicated manager, but the upsells are usually pitched by others).

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reliable, easy, and great customer service

It's extremely user friendly, employees can log in to see pay stubs and reports about their pay, customer service is exceptional, and it's not very costly, considering the amount of time it would take me to do this on my own.

Pros

I've had to rely on customer support a few times, whether for questions or the occasional mistake in processing. I've never had an issue that wasn't solved within five minutes. I can open a chat or give them a call, and they either fix it for me or teach me what I need to know. I'm sent a reminder when it's time to run payroll. I especially like that any of the reports can be exported to Excel.

Cons

Once you submit a payroll, you can't edit it. It would be nice if you could complete a payroll, then view some of the resulting reports to identify an errors, then submit it. But, once you click submit, you have to get support involved to change anything. Also, though it's very easy to export any report to Excel, they are formatted to be viewed, not necessarily used for analysis. For example, a report might have multiple occurrences of column titles in the same column as numerical data, in addition to having subtotals in the same column as data. Employee name and date appear above each data set and not on the same row as the data.

Thank you for your exceptional review of RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! The RUN? Service Team is always here to provide quality support, right in the moment you need it and we are thrilled to hear that has been your experience. Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business. Our team would be happy to discuss reports in more depth with you, we look forward to hearing from you. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

ED

Emmarose D.

Construction, 1-10 employees

ADP Payroll

Pros

It makes tracking wages and employment records easy to track.

Cons

Some documents are tricky to locate. Each pay stub has to be downloaded individually unless put together in a custom reports package.

Emmarose, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Meg S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

OK for Payroll, Terrible for Taxes

Software is great, company is difficult.

Pros

Easy to process payroll and requires very oversight on customer end.

Cons

ADP Run continuously fails to file taxes and makes it so you don’t want to leave because you want to make sure things finally get resolved but try and prevent it from happening again.

Ashley J.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

RUN Powered by ADP Review

Overall I like ADP because it is a whole lot easier than the old way of doing things and it a lot easier than our other system. There are some quirks with it and it could stand to be a bit more modernized, but even still its a decent service that offers a lot of neat things that can be extremely useful.

Pros

As an employee I liked being able to log in and view my W-2s quickly as well as the employee handbook and PTO. As a person who also runs the payroll its nice being able to see an excel type form of all the employees across the board. I like being alerted when money is coming out so I know exactly whats going on especially since the funds came out earlier than what I thought. There is also a nice break...

Cons

It took some time and frustration to set it up and even still its not fully functional as far as the perks that are promised with the service. We have the vendor discounts at different restaurants and stores as well as a retirement plan, but it took a bit of time to set it up because the rep that was assisting us couldn't get through to the customer service. Another thing I was not expecting was that the money was being withdrawn the night before the actual payday. I'm not sure if that is an ADP thing or just how things work sometimes as this is the first time I've run payroll. It was also frustrating having to log into multiple services. As an employee and then to run payroll. I set up 2 log ins, but I feel like if you are an employee running payroll everything should be in 1 space.

JM

Joan M P.

Construction,

The product is getting better over time.

Pros

The product is a good product, money value is cost effective, informative, easy to understand. I have used ADP for about 23 years. I have seen several products that were used. Technology moves fast and this product provides future assurance of meeting the technological needs that businesses will be looking for to help run their payrolls. Education of the product and how it links into the unemployment...

Cons

So many functions on one page that it sometimes loses its value of finding the right page for the right need. Maybe more pages with less on each page would make a person that is just starting out with ADP feel that it is more user friendly product.

BH

Brooke H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

ADP Canada Review

Again this review is for ADP Canada vs ADP U.S. but in short: If you find another option, go with another option.

Pros

Once I had run payroll a few times it's easy enough to use. I don't use their HR support or anything but calculating payroll is straightforward. It's great that the tax totals are calculated automatically and they file year-end paperwork for you.

Cons

I'll state that this review is for ADP Canada (vs ADP U.S.) I'm with a very small U.S. based nonprofit with just just a couple employees in Canada, and switched to ADP from calculating taxes manually. Using ADP is the lesser of two evils but it hasn't been a great experience. I run payroll semi-monthly and once, for no apparent reason (their rep couldn't explain why it happened) they initiated the second half of the month's payrun at the same time as the first, and charged us a $150 fee to do so, which they never refunded. Their chat support is helpful but if it's "unavailable" you have to call and it's always a 1-2 hour wait. You can request a call back but any time I do that they never actually call me back. The interface is also pretty low-tech.

Hi Brooke, Thank you for the review - we appreciate all feedback to ensure we are supporting your small business in the best way possible. I am unable to locate your account information, but will pass along this feedback to the ADP Canada Team to see if they are able to locate your account and further assist with your concerns. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

BF

Bryan F.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Once set-up ...works good

Run is a overall a good software because it allows me to focus on running my business and not keeping track of time and submitting tax reports. Before using this software I was spending hours each month capturing time accurately, saving it into spreadsheets, paying my team and filing reports.

Pros

Once set-up, this system is a good way to easily manage my payroll. The Run software integrates with the ADP Time and Attendance software which is how my employees clock-in and out each day. I hit 1 button and the software automatically brings in the total hours worked for each person and auto calculates if there is overtime due. The software also allows me to have a file for each employee. Finally, the system captures everything so pulling reports is simple. I can run payroll reports for the whole team or individual employees with the blink of an eye.

Cons

The worst part of this software is getting it set-up. Once I agreed to purchase I got connected with a software installation person. This sounded great except she was in there over seas call center and we had a slight language barrier. It took much longer than it should have but we did get through it. Unfortunately this poor customer service has continued for the whole 2 years I have been on the software. However, typically things works correctly so thankfully I am only calling for support a few times a year.

SO

Sofi O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

ADP: The Ultimate Payroll Solution

I wish I could go back to RUN or upgrade to Workforce Now. ADP 411 still helps me when I call needing advice or information and I'm not even a customer anymore. I have zero complaints about ADP. From the service to the functionality to the design, they have always delivered excellence in my experience.

Pros

It's simple enough to navigate even if you haven't used RUN before. The features are organized in a way that makes sense, and if you have any trouble you can always call and someone will help you. The support is hands-down the best "feature" because ADP service is above and beyond what you get elsewhere. The guidance they offer is sound and they do everything they can to seek more informed recommendations if you ever have a grey-area question. They also prepare filings on time and without error.

Cons

The only thing I disliked was that we outgrew RUN at my current company and had to upgrade to a solution that suits businesses with 50+ FTE headcount. ADP does offer other platforms that serve a larger scale, so it's not a big deal as long as you upgrade to another ADP product. I would never recommend switching to another provider. It's been a nightmare for me to be forced to work with a new company which I won't name here. You can't even call them a competitor because they do 5% of the work ADP did for me and they charge twice the price.

MM

Megan M.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Top of the Line Payroll Processing

We love that employees have their own portals to check their deposits and see past pay stubs. No more requests for copies of lost pay stubs, or people wanting to see details. It frees management up to grow our business and focus on our customers, while keeping employees informed and happy.

Pros

Our company started using ADP many, many years ago. Back when you had to call in on the telephone and give employee hours. In the years since we have tried other services, just to see if we were truly getting the best service out there. And I feel confident saying that yes, RUN by ADP is the best payroll service out there. It's simple to use, efficient and simply does what you need it to do for payroll. Direct deposit or printed checks, your employees have options.

Cons

We tried using their timeclock add-on and were not a fan. But it was a trial and easy to return.

Megan, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Amanda R.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Difficult to Navigate

Pros

Simple to run payroll, and easy to find certain reports

Cons

Support is very difficult to find, the payroll grid is so big you need to scroll sideways if you have several deductions or additions for payroll. Also, adding a new employee requires certain points of information and will not let you send to the employee to complete until you have all the information, there is also no way to resend to the employee without deleting and restarting the whole process.

Amanda, We apologize for your frustrations with your experience thus far. We are committed to partnering with you until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction. Your contact and account information is not available via this posting, however our RUN Team would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you to address your concerns. We do look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

ED

Elena D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect for a small business like ours

Pros

We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.

Cons

I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.

Elena, While I am sure I am not the first, I am very happy to welcome you to the ADP? family! We are beyond thrilled to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and accessible for both you and your employees. Partnering with you to make payroll and HR easy and effortless so that you can focus on your business is always front of mind for us. Thank you for the valuable feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Steven R W.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Good software with horrible customer support.

Not very good, multiple sales people, and just plan horrible client support.

Pros

Was easy to use as long as you did not need to make an adjustment or had a question. Calculation and reports wise was very solid.

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE. Any changes or questions took valuable time away on hold or a waiting game as all requests were emailed to a group bank of people and you may have multiple confirmations and questions coming from different people in no particular order to track.

Steven, We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the RUN Service Team and will pass along this feedback along. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

JT

Joyce T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Using ADP

We are able to run payroll without having to call anyone, I can do it from home or vacation. It has proven to be easy to use the software. I have been able to call customer support and accomplish all the things quickly and efficiently over the phone. It has been a good experience so far. I am pleased so far.

Pros

I am new to ADP so I am still learning. It has been very easy to maneuver through payroll. I have been able to make changes and add things with very little trouble. I like it so far and the customer service is good also when you do not know just what to do.

Cons

I have not found too many things I don't like about it. The only thing I can think of is when I signed up I was talking to a sales Rep who led me to believe he was my go-to person for all problems. He was very helpful in the set up process but when I needed customer service he was not thee for me. It would be nice to have a representative to call with my questions.

Joyce, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! We value your partnership on your human capital management needs. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team