TalentLMS Reviews

4.64/5 (252 reviews)

Anonymous

TalentLMS is exactly what we've been looking for, but wish we'd found it sooner!

Reviewed 2018-07-08

A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.TalentLMS offers all of the features that we created in our own LMS, plus all of the features we planned to implement and lots more. The best parts are the simple setup and configuration, and the ability to quickly switch between different roles; no more individual accounts for a administrator, instructor, and learner. As an instructor, building courses is a doddle. Choosing content types and adding material is streamlined and methodical. There is plenty of content types to choose from, and I particularly like the ability to bundle instructor-led training into a course because this fits our certification model perfectly. Of course, any decent LMS will support SCORM and the xAPI, but TalentLMS goes one further and handles CMI5 packaging and credential handshaking, too. I'm also impressed with the highly configurable gamification settings, which can be tuned to our training market perfectly. Overall I am impressed with the presentation and usability of the platform. There is, of course, plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but for its affordable price we couldn't want for more in an LMS for our start-up.

Michael S. Jordan

My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticated!

Reviewed 2018-07-06

We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose. The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems look "techy" and are NOT a pleasure to use. TalentLMS is clean and elegant and provides a great experience for admins, instructors and users. I think of TalentLMS as the Apple computer of LMS systems. Another big differentiator is that TalentLMS enables instructors to create courses quickly without a painful learning curve that kills productivity. Learning content is placed into buckets called learning objects. Any kind of content hosted anywhere can be used. Making changes to courses is a snap. Also, I found the white labeling and customization of TalentLMS to be surprisingly easy. Support documentation is thorough and well written. I was able to quickly customize our learning portal without doing any HTML coding whatsoever in about 30 minutes! No help from technical experts needed. Before deciding on TalentLMS, I reviewed dozens of LMS providers (a hair-pulling experience) and found most to be very expensive, complex, lack-luster on feature and visual appeal. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with those handicaps! We are very glad to have discovered TalentLMS.

Gediminas Sakalauskas

TALENTLMS is a combination of simplicity and genius. We found it great, had no doubts about using.

Reviewed 2018-06-06

Simplicity and user friendly environment, possibility to add content in different formats, simple administration no special skills are needed to work with the software. When logged in, one can find a lot of methodological information on how to work and how to create training programs, which really facilitates the work. Although at the very beginning it seemed like we can create a training program quickly (in 2 months) ourselves, but the first program, which will be soon tested and presented on the Lithuanian market, took us half a year. It turned out that the methodological recommendations provided by Talent LMS are relevant and useful. We still did not try many things on the system (e.g. reports, massive user registration, gamification and other great tools), but we know that we will find the guidance on how to work with them in the recommendations. From the technical side the management of the system is very simple, there is no need for any special IT knowledge what is huge advantage.

Mark Bryant

Easy setup, intuitive design, basic yet satisfying UI & UX.

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Collaboration with senior staff and trainers. Buy-in from all levels of the team. Compliance and understanding of our Standing Instructions. Review and re-writing of procedures. It goes on and on!Let's start with the cost- easily the highest featured for the money LMS out there. We went with Moodle and really tried to make it work for quite some time. We were on the verge of hiring a Moodle expert to help us take the project live, but instead took one last look at the market. TalentLMS hits the sweet spot between self-hosting a Moodle site for free and paying a lot of money for a high-end LMS. We wanted an LMS that offered content creation built in, and not in a clunky fashion, but in an intuitive, well designed way. TalentLMS offers this. We also use Wix pages and embed them to produce the content we like. We wanted to create Branches for each of our centres in order to track compliance and learning scores per centre. TalentLMS offers this. We wanted easy gamification and a feeling that this is 'fun'. The feedback from our test group was amazing- they loved it and it just works. We wanted to host it originally, but TalentLMS allows us to map the domains and use our own URLs while still allowing all updates and content to be handled remotely on their servers. Brilliant! You can customise your LMS- we installed live web-chat functions to help our users. All colours and logos can be personalised. Great! In reality- how different is every LMS from each other? Talent works for us as its a fantastic price point and ticks all the boxes we need! It's cheap enough for you to try it (free at first!) and decide for yourself. We haven't regretted our decision once.

Michael Henry

Talented approach to T & D

Reviewed 2017-03-20

From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best. Great design. Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible. Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator. Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users. Personalization for system and course communication. Responsive support. Great culture.

Mavares Peters

Learning was never closer to the source

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Improve the virtual experience and learning The main educational centers around the world investigate and invest in the development of "virtual" platforms which allow the concept of learning, as well as reach an increasing number of people and organizations. The modern corporations and industries have done the same, to be able to have a presence and reach their consumers quickly and safely. That is why, TalentLMS, allows the healthy management of learning, presenting its users to the big market for quality education, at moderate costs, depending on their needs and without losing the contact of the people who require it, and better, skipping the limitations of distance and time. Another feature is the ease of use, very intuitive for management and very functional, thus creating a course, make presentations, use videos, documents, texts and other formats. But even more, with this platform, you can create tests, follow up detailed and statistical of your students.

Anonymous

Simple but powerful LMS that offers a lot of value

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Before going to TalentLMS, our training process was all done using paper tests and big binders. Certification exams had to be individually graded by managers like a high school. This was about as time and resource inefficient a process as you can imagine. Now that we are putting our material on TalentLMS, we've been able to save time for the managers and make it easier to keep all of our staff up to date on current information and new practices. This has been a win-win all around for our organization. The managers have more time, are able to more effectively facilitate ongoing training and coaching, ensure the staff is properly trained, and monitor progress. The staff has access to more engaging ways of learning (like videos), can review it at any time, and can access additional materials that may not be "mandatory" for their own improvement.We recently implemented TalentLMS and launched with support for our sales staff. It was extremely easy to get going and do small tests with. Because of the pricing structure, it's very easy and affordable to scale. The platform is user friendly for our staff, and because of the many import options, it's easy to get large amounts of existing training material imported very quickly. Course progress can be tracked along with user activity and lots of other items that can be reported on. Although we don't sell any courses, it does have ecommerce options. There are also options for portal security if you want to make it an internal-only platform. Because the course making and importing functionality is so simple, it is easy to give access to "instructors" even if they are not familiar with LMS software and enable them to create courses and tests. The portal can be customized to fit with your company branding as well. Other features are messaging, discussion boards, event calendars, conferences, and portal announcements. In summary, TalentLMS's pricing model makes it easy and affordable to bring your entire staff onto the platform, whether you have 50 employees or 5000, and its ease of use and importing options make getting your course catalog and user base online fast.

Anonymous

Talentlms is a userfriendly and easy LMS with a lot of possibilities and flexibility.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

The flexibility of the system, for example you can create branches for several departments in your company, each with his own administrator. For example you can create your starting page that matches with your company style and colors. The set-up of the system is very hands-on along with a big Help functionality and a very good support. Want to explore the features of this LMS, you can do this for free and try most of the features so you can decide wether Talentlms meets your needs.

Nick Sainato

Excellent feature set for an exceptionally competitive price

Reviewed 2017-12-04

While we're still in the development stages of our implementation of TalentLMS (internal development use only), we have had an exceptional experience thus far. The LMS is very easy to use and become familiar with, and it has many of the features we were looking for, and even some we did not have on our radar but we were pleasantly surprised by. Many well-known alternatives have less functionality for significantly greater cost; we were cautious when first assessing TalentLMS due to it being such an outlier in these areas, but have been nothing but pleased thus far. When we asked for a reference, we heard similar positive remarks from another large implementation in terms of reliability and performance. We look forward to completing our development and fully taking advantage of our TalentLMS implementation.

Mariela de la Puente

We are big fans of TalentLMS; it is consistant and reliable.

Reviewed 2017-05-04

Their Customer Support team is AMAZING, always will to help, accurate response and will do their outmost to accomodate you.

RAKESH AGRAWAL

It's a great platform and ticks all the boxes for an ideal e-learning platform.

Reviewed 2018-06-30

I chose TalentLMS after evaluating about a dozen alternatives. More than half of them were ruled out either because they were too expensive without anything to justify the extravagant price or because they required you to fill out a form just to get a product demo and pricing. Among the affordable options, I had to struggle with even the sign-up process with a few and hence they went out of reckoning too. Frustrated, I tried TalentLMS willy nilly because it offered in free plan what some of the marquee names don't even in their pricey plans (e.g. custom domain mapping) and it was so easy to use, I just got drawn deeper and addicted to it in first two days and had no reason to look back. Customer support is among the best I've experienced not just among cloud applications but among all products and service categories I've ever used.

Andrea Plozzer

A powerful and customizable LMS suitable for small, medium and large companies

Reviewed 2018-06-29

A comfortable and efficient management of the trainingStable and fast platform, easy to use for learners and easy to configure for the administrator and teachers. Great variety of supported formats and quality in HTML5 conversion of documents. Group management makes it possible to automate most of the registrations and line crossings even in very dynamic realities such as the pharmaceutical market we are dealing with. The ability to customize the templete by inserting CSS and JS allows the creation of "intelligent" activities that communicate with other services allowing to manage advanced gamification and interactive activities. The modular cost is also suitable for small installations

Shayna Bramley

Easy, Reliable, Just Enough

Reviewed 2017-06-27

It enabled me to start and build my business. Very grateful.Unlimited branches, unlimited courses, simple tiered pricing model based upon Users. Great for 95% of most LMS needs. Only had one glitch in 2 years, fixed in 24 hours....amazingly reliable. Friendly support, but their online support database of common items has addressed nearly everything I needed, which is a lot, as I manage over 1300 Users across 4 branches. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the LMS management world. Very happy I found them.

Sachin Punyani

TalentLMS is full-featured LMS ready for use in just few clicks. It really saved huge time for me.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

TalentLMS saved huge time for me. Instead of implementing from scratch, I got ready to use LMS at reasonable price. From the LMS perspective, TalentLMS is great. The features are well thought out. Configuration options are nice and bring many options for setting up the LMS. The interface is quite user friendly and self intuitive. Where ever there is doubt the documentation is good enough to unblock. I wrote couple of mails to support team as well. They are also very quick to resolve the queries. Overall a good solution with good support.

Deniz Ozkaynak

Great platform. TalentLMS has so many integrations which are both exciting and overwhelming.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Organizing our mountain of classes and training material - previously just heaps of things in Google Drive with no formal way to test if the training was absorbed and understood. A platform such as this one makes everything so much easier to deliver to the end user (in our case, our own staff).The basic tutorials for using TalentLMS are great, creating content is pretty straightforward. Our team is currently experimenting with how to best deliver content while keeping all of it visually and functionally consistent. Should we have video recordings? Use slide decks? Prezi? Something else? All of them in concert? Having too many great options to choose from sits on a fine line between pro and con. But for me I love that Prezi is supported and that we have options to experiment with.

Chris Bauer

An Easier, Better Supported LMS

Reviewed 2015-04-28

The Overview: I was charged with rolling out e-learning to our clients who use our software to run their restaurants, and I had no one but myself to support the effort. After months of intense research, I chose TalentLMS. The Pros: TalentLMS is simple to set up, and it's easy to create a private learning environment for each of our clients. Posting courses is a breeze, and it's simple to set a default "Group" for each of our clients, so whenever they add a user, the user sees all the courses they've been assigned, in the order in which they are supposed to take them. Along with the super-simple account self-registration for each learner, it means I get basically zero support calls despite having over 2,000 novice users! Finally, TalentLMS has amazing support; turnaround time is always within a day. I've had only a couple of instances where the system was doing something funky, but they've always fixed it immediately. The Cons: First, there are no big cons, like the system crashing or impossibly complicated course posting and management. But there are a few things that the system doesn't do that I wish it did: make it possible to allow client admins to assign some or all of my courses to their students WITHOUT giving the client admin the ability to post their own courses to my LMS; make it easier to see which branch each user is in when I run reports across multiple branches (handy for seeing which of our clients is making good use of the system); let me create an admin role for my co-workers who manage our clients' accounts, that would allow them to designate "Branch Admins" within those accounts - currently only I can do that. These things may be fixed shortly, as the software just keeps getting better. One more Pro: TalentLMS' pricing is extraordinary. It's reasonable on a registered-user basis, and they also make it easy to switch to an "Active User" plan (based on the number of unique visitors in month). And if I expect a bump in activity for a month, (due to a new client coming on), I can bump up a level for that month, and pay the difference... it's basically "responsive pricing"... and they actually warn me when I'm about to need to do that! Great product, real world savings, and incredible support. I chose wisely!

Muneeba Feroze

Great features!

Reviewed 2018-02-08

First and foremost, The tech support team is great! Along with this, the system is very easy to use with minimum training required and also easy to set up. It’s Cloud based, letting you deploy an eLearning portal in seconds. It is customizable, allowing you to customize according to your branding requirements. It has a minimalistic interface that lets you focus on the content. It is very easy to use and create online learning modules. I have not needed any service up until now and honestly did no even need to take most of their modules to show me how to set up courses.

colin peltier

Best service and flawless tech support

Reviewed 2017-05-23

With talentLMS I was able to provide a professionnal LMS, fully compatible with all media content, able to support a fully corporate branded interface for my client.Easy to use, clear, good design, optimized, versatile. The big PROS goes for their support, my first question has been answered in 15 minutes, I ask the second on the evening, they came back to me the first hour of the next day. Marios, from the support team, proved to be ultra effective at resolving my problem, even though at the end my questions were more related on my web hosting than on their service. I've hardly ever seen a support team as involved as this one. Back to the LMS, it offers almost every feature that you could imagine. I've tried to set up a private moodle server at first but when you see how much quality and service you get for your money with talentlms, a free moodle server is out of consideration.

Blaine Wieland

TalentLMS captures the features of high-priced LMS systems but does so with a simpler interface.

Reviewed 2017-05-10

We use the software to train our staff and keep our entire team up to date on the latest advances in our field. We also show TalentLMS to new employee prospects as a demonstration of our leadership in the industry and ability to advance their careers. The course builder is intuitive and allows us to present our courses in such a way that the graphics and layout are visually appealing. It's much faster to full build out than LMS options costing much more.

John Waldron

Easy to use, but it has a lot of great features.

Reviewed 2017-11-28

We're building our learning business around the TalentLMS software, so it has significant benefits for us. TalentLMS is a very easy platform to learn and manage; it's robust, stable and very intuitive for learners to quickly get up and running. The mobile apps for iOS and Android are also really good.

Ben Mincavage

TalentLMS - Best affordable LMS for small companies

Reviewed 2016-11-04

TalentLMS is a light, but powerful LMS for a very reasonable price. They offer a fully customizable interface, with some mobile supported options. Their in-system quiz reporting is good too. You can demo for free as long as you want and their support team is one of the best I have ever seen. They will help work you through any issue, even if you are not yet on a paid plan. If you need an e-learning plan on a budget, consider TalentLMS.Affordable. Customizable. Support responds very quickly. Security is very good. Mobile interface works well when transitioned from desktop. In-system quizzes make things easy. Reporting is very good. Does not force gamification. Free trial for as long as you want.

Brian Bishop, PhD

So Easy UX - The Way an LMS Should BE

Reviewed 2016-08-13

I've been using TalentLMS for several years now. I had been looking for the easiest LMS to use - both from a learner perspective and and admin perspective. TalentLMS delivers. The features I need are all there - gamification, TinCan, Mobile. It's an absolute pleasure to use and we've gotten great response from the learners.- Super easy to use - Tons of features - Great support, quick response - So fast to build simple courses

Gerson Chacón

Online learning made by experts.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Have a high level learning tool, which can be communicated with other applications to make it even better and create a course with a high level of quality for everyone who is interested.It is a very useful and complete learning tool, made by a reputable company in the area, which guarantees a quality application, is perfect for small and medium businesses that want to prepare and empower their staff, also if you want to go further In enhancing the program, you can use it in conjunction with Wordpress, giving you the ability to create high quality courses both in content and visually, being able to train people in the best way, knowing their needs and emphasizing them, of this way greatly enhances learning and knowledge.

Kevin DeLong

From setup to a great learning experience, 5-stars !

Reviewed 2017-05-22

I can reach a wider customer base that can not travel for training. I can quickly edit modules and add them to the curriculum. Ease of use allows me to spend less time putting courses online and more time with customers.I have been and instructor & practitioner for a long time and used many LMS systems. TalentLMS really understands the process from both sides of the experience. It was super easy to setup and get going (0 html skills needed). Courses uploaded with no problems and they were easy to organize. I can't say enough. From the learner side of things, I found the interface intuitive and easy to navigate to find the courses. All around great experience. I even have clients wanting me to set up a system for them :)

Mavluda Oripova

We tried different LMS options before deciding on TalenLMS. This is the best available on market,

Reviewed 2018-04-27

It saved my time, so I was able to enter all my course materials within less than a week. Very user-friendly and easy to follow. Has all the features you may probably need to create a successful and comprehensive online course.TalentLMS is very easy to follow and includes all necessary tools to create a comprehensive course. You can create assignments, tests or surveys to test your students and set different conditions for students to pass. There are different file formats you can incorporate into your course. An instructor can easily switch to a learner view to test the course settings. There is also the mobile application available, so it makes your course very competitive and reachable.