TalentLMS Reviews

Pros

The vision that I initially had for my company had grown tremendously thanks to TalentLMS. I'm excited to coach and my clients are excited to learn.

Kahmia J.

The ability to copy and paste a full quiz as opposed to typing in each question for quiz will also be a good time saver. The help section as well as customer support has also been quite useful.

Dan M.

After compare the most popular LMS cloud in the market Talent is a very good option.

Alberto Z.

Scott D.

Overall the system needs an Administrator UX overhaul. Navigating the ecosystem is complex and often confusing, with a number of workflows seeming to wind around through functions until you get lost.

Christopher K.

Company blocks box.com which is what is used to host uploaded files for view on the website and therefore needed to create webpages which is difficult.

Brandon C.

Efficient platform that made our online presence!

Transcript

Caree M.: My name is Caree. I'm a marketing communications manager and my rating of TalentLMS is four...

Continued improvements

Overall it has been a great experience. Their support is always helpful and timely, they rarely have service disruptions (despite a massive increase in e-learning following COVID) and they have continued to improve the features of the product.

Pros

Talent LMS has continued to deploy regular quarterly updates which improve the features and usability of their product. They've maintained affordable pricing along the way, even when large updates have been added to the system. It's really easy for our learners to use and administration and reporting is pretty good.

Cons

Certification management needs to be improved further. I still haven't quite figured out how we will handle re-certification if requirements differ from the original. It's also not easy to get the certificate ID number, which is important to be able to store the data outside of Talent LMS. Our workaround requires manually loading a PDF preview and taking the ID from the PDF, which is the only place you can embed it natively. Reporting has gotten increasingly better over time but can still use some better cross-object reporting and filtering based on other criteria.

Nick, thanks for your feedback and review! As you mentioned, our team continues to keep improving TalentLMS and our quarterly updates are a result of the feedback we gather from our customers. It's great to hear that you've had a great TalentLMS experience thus far, and we'll keep working hard to ensure things keep on getting even better!

TalentLMS

Overall it is good. Content creation pages is basic and could use more elemental tools to make them more appealing (like Word formatting)

Pros

I is very easy to use and to create basic content, and the working area is large which I like more than other alternatives. For beginners is quite easy to start creating content and courses. Has the ability to integrate more advanced external html and external resources

Cons

Lacks features in the design area. Integration of questions, test and graphic material could be easier. Needs more organizational tools. Needs more tips to integrate advanced html commands

Thanks for your review and welcome to TalentLMS! Thanks for choosing us as your new LMS. We're glad to hear that you're finding TalentLMS easy to use and we've shared your feedback with our team. If you need any assistance when using TalentLMS, check out our extensive knowledge base or feel free to reach out to our support team. Thanks again for choosing TalentLMS!

Helped us pivot to virtual training as a result of the pandemic

We previously did the majority of our training in person. As a result of Covid, we switched everything to online learning, both synchronous (with Zoom) and asynchronous. TalentLMS easily connected with Zoom to allow us to do both, depending on the course and the people being trained. And thankfully our users have found it easy to use the platform.

Pros

TalentLMS is fairly easy for non-technical users to set up and maintain courses. In fact, I've taught many of my colleagues to do so. The process for setting up new courses is pretty straightforward and well documented. While the default process doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, there are some customizations available for those who look under the hood a bit (such as with custom CSS and Javascript).

Cons

In order to make the software easier for non-technical users, aspects like branding can be challenging to customize. For example, the size restrictions on the logo image are pretty hard to work with. Not only that, they aren't published anywhere (at least not that I could find). I finally contacted their support and was able to have them override the defaults so our logo would look normal. Worth nothing is that because their support is in Europe and I'm on the Pacific Coast of the U.S., it often takes 12 hours or so before I'd hear back. This made working with support take a long time when compared with other similar companies.

Thank you for your review. It is really interesting reading that TalentLMS has met all your requierments to deliver training during Covid times. Be sure that our world-class support team will always be hear to back you up, even if we are not on the same continent and if you need an extra little help, you can always check our knowledge base. https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001246253-Knowledge-Base

Lacking Features as Advertised

Very poor customer service, see above over six months or trying to work out issues with customer support, next step is Better Business Bureau.

Pros

The software is said to have many features at a low cost, this is clearly false advertising.

Cons

The software is advertised and marketed as a platform for selling online courses. For many issues users are required to enter CSS or Javascript for simple issues like a social media link. For over six months I have been trying to work with customer support, today I gave up. My next step is to report the company to the Better Business Bureau. As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] wrote me: Hi Mark, Thank...

Dear Mark, we're sorry to hear that the follow up provided by our customer support team has not met your requirements. As mentioned in the email you shared, our team is on-hand should you wish to seek any further assistance. We wish you all the best in your future business endeavours.

The ultimate platform for online knowledge dissemination

Today, after more than a year of using the TalentLMS platform, I have the duty to underline its multiple advantages that it has offered us in terms of digital training of researchers and employees of some companies in the process of data collection and processing. The platform allows to create and manage efficiently multiform online courses (videogrammed, textual or oral courses). With its three interfaces...

Pros

Simple, easy and very practical site to use for online training. It is more flexible and more adapted to professional training models for all categories of targets to be trained.

Cons

We have not yet found any shortcomings in the use of this site for creating digital courses, although the general criticism of this site is that it does not perform well in terms of customisation.

What a great review Thomas, thank you so much! You really made our day. It is amazing to hear that you find TalentLMS flexible and easy to use thanks to its vast array of features. Knowing that you switched to TalentLMS after having tried CrossKnowledge training Learning Suite because we have advanced customisation possibility is a great reward to us!

Easy to use and very reliable

I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros

I've been using TalentLMS since 2019. The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable. There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months. An app is available so that user can learn offline. Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons

The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS. There are few individual structuring options.

Sandra, we are so happy to read that our support team have exceeded your expectations and that thanks to TalentLMS you can offer your products to your customers!!

Fantastic LMS for the Price

Overall, I give this LMS five stars. You won't find this many features in an LMS at this price. Trust me, I've tried. TalentLMS support is great too. They are very responsive.

Pros

TalentLMS provides an abundance of customization options, right down to a customized landing page. The automation and notifications are a big plus and are not usually found at this price point. We were even able to set up a custom domain. I was able to migrate over fifty video courses and tests from our previous LMS within a couple weeks, by myself! TalentLMS has three times the features of our previous LMS for a far more reasonable price. I've been in high tech management for thirty years and this was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons

The key feature that we're waiting for is the ability to issue a certificate after the completion of a group of courses. We got around this by issuing points for courses completed. When the points hit a certain level, an admin is notified and they manually issue the certificate. Not ideal but our training volume is low enough that this work around is manageable.

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Ron! Hearing that choosing TalentLMS has been one of the best decisions you've made in a 30 year career is a nice reminder of why we do what we do here at TalentLMS. Our team is always working to improve the TalentLMS experience, so please do reach out to our support team with any feedback you may have in the future. Cheers!

Great option for scaling and control!

Exceptional. I love the platform and how easy it is to use.

Pros

That it's easy to scale along with your business growth and that you have so much control over how the courses look and feel to the user.

Cons

It took some getting used to the dashboard functions and features. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate to certain features, like the timeline.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the TalentLMS experience!

TalentLMS is a great learning management system

It is a fantastic low cost solution to getting online learning experiences to customers.

Pros

It is very easy to use and configure I was able to configure most of the system in only a few hours. The FAQ support is fantastic.

Cons

If I had to pick anything it would be the limited customization on the course catalogue page. It shows everything a potential customer would need but you have no control over how it displays the course lists, especially the bundles.

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Colin!

Good startup option

Overall, this has given us an easy platform for new employee training as well as Course training and purchasing options for freelancers.

Pros

Very easy to build, user-intuitive, and quick to deploy

Cons

Some options for training modules are limited, such as video embedding options and document embedding options.

Thanks for your review!

Scalable from Free to Enterprise with support at every step

We have only been TalentLMS customer’s for a short time but the personal support is. Right from the initial system demo that convinced me and my partners that this was the eLearning platform for us. The fact that we could start for free with support and have the potential to expand to an enterprise-level solution was exactly what we were looking for. The Platform is very intuitive, the initial video...

Pros

Loved the usability and time to implement. We are content creators and within a 2 days we have uploaded our content using nearly all of the features. Love the look and feel and simplicity. The different content types keeps it fresh and interesting and keeps learners engaged. As the admin i have great visibility of who is doing what on the system and that is excellent for tracking and audit trail of the learning journey. We provide compliance training so the certification is really important and it is simple to customise your certificates to your brand and words.

Cons

Sorting out fonts and pasting text into the system can be a little fiddly to start with. That being said the support is excellent and it appears the system is completely customisable. Other WYSIWYG systems i have used at a similar price point simply say 'you can't do that' and you have to accept the limitations. So far, every problem i have encountered or request i have made, has been met with a custom piece of code to paste into system within 24 hours. I did not expect this level of service at $120 a month!

Chris, thank you for your warm words of praise and encouragement for the TalentLMS support team! It's true, they do go above and beyond to provide solutions for customers, wherever possible. We'll be with you every step on the way on your business' growth journey!

Simple-to-use platform for a commercial product

We are very happy with how Talent LMS has provided such a user friendly platform that has seamlessly facilitated our growth.

Pros

We have a commercial curriculum product, with thousands of learners from about 100 clients housed on the TalentLMS platform. It effectively supports having each customer isolated in it's own "branch" where they have their own admin and manage their own users. The primary selling points for choosing Talent LMS were the simple UI that requires minimal customer and no learner training, and the mobile...

Cons

It would be helpful to have more robust survey functionality - we do have to create "courses" that link to Survey Monkey for some of our learner self assessments (i.e. Questions with two answers: How would you have rated yourself before this program, how do you rate yourself now?). It would also be helpful to be able to create custom learning paths/prerequisites of the same courses by branch without having to duplicate a course. The ability for individuals to self register and purchase courses doesn't function is a way that we can use it.

Seamlessly facilitating your growth - we like the sound of that, Stephanie and at TalentLMS that's whay we're all about! It's fantastic to see that your learners love using the TalentLMS app and it looks like you've mastered all the features of TalentLMS. Thanks for your valued feedback which we have shared with our team. We're happy that you're happy and we'll keep working hard to keep bringing you an even better experience in the future. Thanks for your review!

Versatile, feature-rich and simple to use

Pros

It's very easy to start creating content and courses. Authoring is very easy and there is not much out there that you cannot use as a lesson unit content - Plain text, HTML text, PDF, Video, Images, Tests, SCORM, flash-object, external resources using iframe, and more. There's even a video conferencing feature. Branches feature enables B2B agencies to use TalentLMS as a multi-tenant e-learning platform...

Cons

Nothing particular except, and this is the case for almost all SAAS platforms, the API is not following the platform's update rate so there are some features missing in API payload that can frustrate you if you're planning to use API for integration or your front-end. For example, you can fetch ILT units but the payload does not contain the information about still available seats, just the capacity. Another example would be the feature that allows some lessons or units to be previewed before purchase, but if you fetch the lesson with API, there is no information on which units are free to preview. The units, in general, have quite limited information that you can display on your front-end using API.

Excellent Customer Service

Absolutely a pleasure! I only converted my business over so that I could remain operating in response to the health and safety concerns related to COVID 19. I was absolutely terrified by converting my business over and was not sure how this would work. It has been a business saver! I am not a technical person the support available has been the best.

Pros

The absolute best customer service- most answers can be found in the help search, however all questions I have had sent via email have either been answered the same day or at the very latest the next day. Quick tracking of what training each "user"- my care providers have completed, documentation, and verification of each of their training, ensuring quality assurance. Training- the ease of creating...

Cons

I want to be able to have my care providers to repeat their course training annually. The only option available is to either reset their original progress (deletes it) or create all-new courses (clone). I wish there were a way to reassign the course annually. Electronic signature option- there is no option to integrate/ add on- electronic signature to the test. For quality assurance and compliance,...

Angie, we're so pleased to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to quickly and easily pivot to training your care providers remotely! Thanks for your feedback which we've shared with our team.

TalentLMS review

Really a great experience, before Talent I used many systems to manage educational content so I know the features of Talent very well, and it came to the point that I set up a training center in my country and I myself train teachers and students to use the wonderful Talent system and the result was amazing. Thank God, I succeeded in participating more. How many 30 teachers and more than 10 thousand students Yes, 10,000 students, and this is confirmed in my subscription to the service : [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) Really I believe in Talent and I hope to be an official agent for it in my country, but in the Middle East, so does that lie? My greetings

Pros

As a teacher, I find all the services that help me in communication and distance education with my students No malfunctions Fast security Organizer Easy

Cons

The grading system should not be limited to the percentage. Rather, the grading system should be added to it as it happens in schools Better live broadcasting service through the site and not through a third party, such as Zoom, for example

Thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS! We're very pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been able to suit your Arabic language needs and enable you to create a successful learning environment!

Overall it is good.

Pros

I was looking for a LMS solution for our business. We are a product marketing consulting firm. I tried many other LMS, but eventually I chose the TalentLMS as our LMS solution. I'm going to talk about a few things I really like about it: 1. The notion of hierarchy/branches: It is really important for us, because we are have different clients/customers. They are different companies. With TalentLMS,...

Cons

It is quite a lot of work to change the signing in/ signing up page, you have to make things from scratch with HTML, CSS and Javascript. It would be nice if there are some easier way or some out of box option for that. For Starter Plan and below, to contact support team, the only way is send them emails, there's no live chat options. It would be nice if they can do that. The price is reasonable compare...

Reviews and Responses_from June 2019 Reviews and Responses_from June 2019 100% 10 Thanks for your review, Louise. We agree, branches are a great way to set up unique and customized learning experiences for different clients or audiences, so we're super happy to hear you're making good use of that function of TalentLMS! Our support team is always on-hand to assist you with things like customizing...

Has been great experience

I'm developing courses to be licensed to facilities for them to deliver to their own clients. The dedicated support has been invaluable for helping someone with no previous experience take on this rather large effort. They always have good solutions for when I run into hurdles as I've been beta-testing this with prospective customers.

Pros

I entered this world with no experience in online training, and started at ground zero in just researching different options then learning how to create courses. I have no idea how it compares to other options, but the bottom line is I've been able to create a platform that impresses people. The word that comes to mind frequently is that it's "robust." The under the hood capabilities seem to be really...

Cons

Every once in a while I bump up against a feature it doesn't have, or the text editor can be a little funky to get used to. The other thing is being based in Europe, the hours of availability with my dedicated support person is a bit limited—7am meetings. But there hasn't been any question that the pros outweigh the cons.

Jim, for a first-time LMS user, it sounds like you have mastered TalentLMS pretty quickly and you're already impressing your clients! Thanks for giving our quiz/test functions, user interface and admin functions an extra thumbs up. Our Support team is also super pleased with your feedback, they really do make it their business to give customers the best support possible, regardless of the time zone. As always, our Support team is there to help you if you face any future hurdles. Thanks for leaving us a review!

Highly recommended LMS for small business

Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Pros

Price is very reasonable and customer service is outstanding. Our team was able to set-up and launch the platform in just a few weeks.

Cons

It lacks some customization features, but is very easy to set-up and can do nearly everything we need it to do.

Glad to hear that setting up and working with TalentLMS has been nice and easy, Beth! Should you ever have any feedback on ways we can improve, our support team would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

TalentLMS exceeded most of my expectations

Overall I have been very satisfied with it, in fact, we upgraded earlier this year. I would like to see some more enhancements, but it has exceeded my hopes for it.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use on a variety of levels: 1) Setup was simple for basic functionality. 2) Day to day usage is simple for administrators and trainers. I love that you go between the different views including learner so you can see what the learner sees. 3) We have a more complicated setup in we use different branches to customize our user experience, this is incredibly easy to set up.

Cons

I had to do some workarounds to make the initial end-user experience work for them. The workaround is not bad it is just a little annoying. In addition, the system notifications are limited in their configuration, this has proven frustrating at times. The biggest frustration has been the lack of an integrated grade book along with limited testing options (that are not very customizable).

Great to see that you're making the most of TalentLMS functions and features, Scott! Sounds like you've mastered the workarounds but in case you need anything else, our support team is always on-hand. We love hearing that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations and we promise to keep working hard to make sure things stay that way!

TalentLMS is exactly what we've been looking for, but wish we'd found it sooner!

A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.

Pros

TalentLMS offers all of the features that we created in our own LMS, plus all of the features we planned to implement and lots more. The best parts are the simple setup and configuration, and the ability to quickly switch between different roles; no more individual accounts for a administrator, instructor, and learner. As an instructor, building courses is a doddle. Choosing content types and adding...

Cons

I would like to see more control for language variations. Some of our courses will be provided in multiple languages and it would be great to partition course material by language. We currently use a custom course field to hold a BCP47 language code, but there is little more we can do at the moment to prevent a de-DE user from seeing (by default) content that is for fr-FR, zh-CN, or sl-SI, for example....

Hello, and thanks for the positive review and comprehensive feedback. We strive to make our LMS as flexible and feature-rich as possible while keeping it affordable and easy to use, so it's exciting to hear we've succeeded! Regarding some of your suggestions, TalentLMS lets you display courses in grid mode (on instructor and learner homepages, and on the course catalog), show an external catalog to non-registered users, and share courses for free through a public URL. Please, feel free to add any other suggestions to our knowledge base or contact our support team to work out a solution. Thanks again!

My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticated!

We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose.

Pros

The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems...

Cons

After about a year, I haven't encountered any problems using TalentLMS. Of course, there's always room for improvement on the way to perfection. There appears to be a little overlap in the learning objects - Content, Web content and videos are really just "content". However, this could be by design. Maybe there should be a universal content object that accommodates all content types. The only videos...

Michael, cheers! Thank you very much for the positive review and the comprehensive feedback. We're thrilled that you've found TalentLMS to be the most affordable, easy-to-use, feature-rich, and 'well thought out' solution out of every other you've tried. Your suggestions are equally appreciated, so please feel free to visit our knowledge base and add them to the ideas section. Thanks for the 5 stars!

TALENTLMS is a combination of simplicity and genius. We found it great, had no doubts about using.

Pros

Simplicity and user friendly environment, possibility to add content in different formats, simple administration no special skills are needed to work with the software. When logged in, one can find a lot of methodological information on how to work and how to create training programs, which really facilitates the work. Although at the very beginning it seemed like we can create a training program...

Cons

The majority of our clients read and write in Lithuanian. We have noticed that Talent LMS system language in web browsers is Lithuanian but in other devices, e.g. IPad and phones, it works in English only. Hopefully it is just a temporary challenge until we have the Lithuanian language on all devices. Since this is our first online training program, we are still learning many things and it is hard...

Hi, Gediminas! We¿re grateful for your positive review and the comprehensive feedback. TalentLMS is built to be simple, user-friendly and feature-rich. As you dig deeper we¿re sure you¿ll discover many ways our LMS can make your life easier. As for the app, it¿s not yet translated in Lithuanian. We¿ll be adding more languages with upcoming releases, so stay tuned. Thanks again for the thumbs-up!

Easy setup, intuitive design, basic yet satisfying UI & UX.

Collaboration with senior staff and trainers. Buy-in from all levels of the team. Compliance and understanding of our Standing Instructions. Review and re-writing of procedures. It goes on and on!

Pros

Let's start with the cost- easily the highest featured for the money LMS out there. We went with Moodle and really tried to make it work for quite some time. We were on the verge of hiring a Moodle expert to help us take the project live, but instead took one last look at the market. TalentLMS hits the sweet spot between self-hosting a Moodle site for free and paying a lot of money for a high-end...

Cons

The only think I marked down was the Customer Support, but only because I would like something like a live webchat function for admins. It's perhaps a bit unfair as they have a ticketing function that allows users to create tickets for issues and they respond to you really quickly (less than 30mins in my experience). However, at the start of our implementation, I'd like to talk to somebody in real-time about issues and problems, so this is the only thing I would change. Using a system like Tawk.to (free!) would have been an idea for them. We've actually installed Tawk.to on our version of TalentLMS and it's great for our users.

Hi Mark, We're thrilled to hear that TalentLMS is such a great fit for your training needs! Our support response time is a metric we are constantly improving and it's great to hear that you've been receiving responses so quickly! Having said that, the quality of our responses is just as important. This is why we've chosen to go with a ticketing system since questions can be answered by the most suitable person on the team --something we wouldn't be able to do with a chat system. However, we haven't ruled out the possibility to provide chat support, it is something that we will definitely consider in the future! Thanks again for your feedback! It really helps us improve!

Talented approach to T & D

From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best.

Pros

Great design. Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible. Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator. Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users. Personalization for system and course communication. Responsive support. Great culture.

Cons

One of their strengths is a weakness. The platform is cloud-based so updates are easy and keep the platform working effectively with little or no administrative intervention. But some of the updates can affect third party integrations. When updates come through, administrators should be informed of potential incompatibilities and plan for the update. I am confident that updates will be done with advanced notice in the future. They are responsive to feedback too! One more thing, I wish it could read my mind.

Hi Michael, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad that you are pleased with TalentLMS! Detailing the areas on which we can improve on really does help us to make TalentLMS better so we are thankful to hear that too. Many thanks :)

TalentLMS - Our first choice for features, value and support!

TalentLMS has been fantastic in terms of support, quickly responding to all inquiries and technical requests. Where certain functionality is not available, they have provided effective work arounds. I can't say enough about the team at TalentLMS and their commitment to excellence in customer service.

Pros

TalentLMS offers a suite of robust features as is extremely easy to use and intuitive for both learner and instructor/administrator. Overall, this is the best solution out there in terms of value for money.

Cons

Our biggest beef is really on the eCommerce side of things and we hope the TalentLMS team is working on more robust solutions. Due to offering an all-access subscription model, we currently have to manage eCommerce via both our regular website store and using the somewhat fixed and limited eCommerce options built into the platform. This is not a "stopper" but most certainly an area for improvement where multiple configurable purchase/subscription options within the platform that can work simultaneously (payment option A, B, C, D, etc.) would be a huge value add.

Roderick, we're so glad to hear that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations particularly in terms of customer service. As you know, our team is always on hand to help out if you hit any bumps and your feedback has been shared with our team. We're constantly working on improvements with quarterly product updates, so watch this space! Thanks for your review!