Adobe Creative Cloud Logo

Adobe Creative Cloud

Graphic design and video editing software

Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

4.7

7.2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

In the past, it was often cost-prohibitive to have the latest and greatest versions and the various software I needed. Now, for a very decent price, I can have the best of the best for all my needs.
Its really helpful to create different types of content, really useful and easy to manage, the difference between this platform and others its really helpful and easy to use.
Love love love the product and it has come a LONG ways from the old days. I have the whole package and couldn't imagine not having it.
Bad, i still to this day dont know how it works so i save everyting to my computer and ive been using adobe for years now. I have a fear that things will go missing so i dont bother with it.
The only thing that has frustrated me is the times that the program won't open a file and states that it has been damaged or moved.
Their enterprise licensing, deployment, and customer service is terrible. The process to get device licensing and user provisioning working is time consuming, and the Adobe support staff are clueless.

7,271 reviews

Felicia T.

Editorial Director

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Adobe Creative Cloud Supports My Production Work

Transcript

Felicia: Hi, I'm Felicia and I'm a digital magazine editor and content creator. My review of Adobe Creative...

Doug P.

Owner

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software - I wish it were more Intuitive

Transcript

Doug P.: Hi. I'm Doug. I'm the founder of my company, and I give Adobe Creative Cloud four out of five....

Janosch F.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

This ist simply the most versatile, powerful and allround solution you will find

Fantastic value for Money. I can do professional looking Video and Image Work for a fair fee. I can also buy stockmedia along the way for an absolutely fair amount of money. Creative claoud has mature tools for a professional auience and I can simply, only recommend it.

Pros

I have worked with the Adobe Products for 20+ years now. I used Photoshop and Adobe flash back as the Internet still ran on steampipes (so to say) and I was a Student. Later I trained other students when working as an Intern at the University, I also worked as aOperator in a Publicity Agency for a while with the Adobe Products. Today, in my solopreneur life I still use it and I must say, somehow Adobe managed to get things right. The Products are bundled in the creative Cloud now. You have the specific tools for what you need to do at hand and this is good because Adobe makes great tools which have matured into powerfull instruments. If you want to do things professionally use this.

Cons

Well Adobe Tools are tools for professionals. This means there is a steep learningcurve and it is not easy. There are serval paradigms you need to understand in the Adobe Way of doing things. If you manage this, you have no issues, especially because these things are done along the same lines in every Adobe product. I could criticize, that the subscription type of approach to monetisation is done in a seductive way, but actually, I always had the feeling of - well it IS worth the money. And it is...just when you plan to interrupt your subscription be sure to think about it because you will not be remembered.

EM

Eduardo M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Adobe Creative Review

Very good results, a piece of software I use very frequently and enjoy a lot

Pros

The interface and all tools used for editing documents and customizing templates

Cons

Adobe is somewhat a little costly, would be nice to see better pricing options in the future

SZ

Sam Z.

Animation, self-employed

I cannot say how much I dislike Adobe enough

I use the Adobe Creative Cloud at my full-time job, and it is a constant headache. It does the job it's supposed to, but for a company such as Adobe, I expect better. I expect better products, better customer service, better policies, better everything.

Pros

The programs are fairly easy to use. And I suppose on paper it's not a bad idea. Having a subscription does make it so you're spending less money up front. And it's an easy way to stay up to date. But remember, this is all on paper. In practice it's not so good.

Cons

Adobe seems to have something of a monopoly on the graphic design market, because I don't think they'd be getting away with their practices otherwise. People who bought their products previously no longer have license to use the software they once purchased if they're not using Cloud. Their programs crash all the time, and are full of annoying UI issues. A ton of small things that just don't make...

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Adobe Creative Cloud

Pros

I like that I can use multiple Adobe products for different types of projects I work on. I use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Indesign the most, and it houses all of these programs in one place.

Cons

The price is very costly if you are not eligible for any type of discount and since I don't use it that often anymore I cannot justify the price for the subscription every month.

KL

Keith L.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Get ready to level up

Pros

Uses and features match demands of a fast growing company

Cons

complicated interface at times especially with shared use

qh

qasm h.

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Adobe Creative Cloud

A beautiful experience that I recommend

Pros

A wonderful program for editing and editing video in general, there are many good points in it

Cons

It needs to be updated and new tools added. I think it will be even better

Aimee R.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Adobe is my life

Pros

It’s my creative brain! I can do anything I can image

Cons

Nothing I don’t have anything bad to share, it’s a staple in my work life and home life

MF

Murilo F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Good Software

Pros

I have ben using almost 2 years ad this app is amazing for the company.

Cons

I dont have big problems with the solfteware works very good.

JF

Joshua F.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Review of Adobe Creative Cloud

Fast and efficient but also fun to use and it opens up my creativity.

Pros

I love that it stays up to date and has a lot of options for storage.

Cons

There is nothing I haven't like so far so nothing.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Photo editing

Pros

This is a professional way to edit your photos, and you can use the express app on your mobile too.

Cons

I don't like paying for creative apps so I just use the free version but it doesn't have everything I need.

Christy M.

Photography, self-employed

My Personal Experience of the Advantages Using Adobe Creative Cloud.

The problems that I have been able to solve with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud have been many. The main issue has been when I am on the go. I have been able to download the apps on my cell phone, then continue exactly where I left off on my desktop at home and vice versa.

Pros

I like that when you open Adobe Creative Cloud, everything that you need is right there in front of you. The programs that are offered by Adobe are all listed together, making it easy to understand which program would work best for the tasks at hand. Adobe Creative Cloud makes it very easy by automatically updating the software. I know that when I open any Adobe product, it's going to be the most up-to-date copy. As a graphic designer, having the access to Adobe Stock Images has been a job saver! Every time that I have had to look up an image, I have found several that are in the closest context of what I am looking for, if not exactly.

Cons

I am not able to find any dislikes towards Adobe Creative Cloud.

DM

David M.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Adobe Creative Cloud how it's done now

I have been an Adobe user since Illustrator was new. I've seen the development of Acrobat and the changes in publishing that saw PageMaker lose it's marketshare to QuarkXPress. I was a big proponent of XPress but with the development of Indesign and the inclusion of Photoshop to the suite Creative Cloud is the way to go.

Pros

Having Creative Cloud allows me to sign in and out on a particular computer. That allows me to move my subscriptions to another workstation at my convenience. This means I only need one subscription even if I have multiple computers at different locations. Creative Cloud is also Adobe's portal to me for updates and information.

Cons

Really the only con is that I cannot own my software outright. However the new world of subscription really makes it affordable over time and I always have the latest version.

JP

Jay P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Lost without it!

We were struggling to find adequate software for designing, editing and publishing our media (Video, graphics and vector based!) and when I had suggested we move to adobe as oppose to the free alternatives, we found everything we need in one package. Training our team on the new products was ridiculously easy thanks to the thousands of tutorials and user guides available online - so a seamless switch over to far more powerful software was exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

We use Adobe Photoshop, Lighroom, Illustrator, After Effects and Bridge as part of our daily work - website graphics & icons, editing product images taken by our in house photographer and organising them all finally through bridge. Honestly, we couldn't go without it now. Everything is at the touch of our fingers and by using preset workspace layouts and editing features, it turned what was once a laborious time consuming exercise into a streamlined function. Everything from our icons and page layouts down to our social media images and short animations and videos are produced within the creative cloud suite. Simple pros! Ease of use Range of techniques available Variety of media Simple to organise and share between colleagues. Excellent compression tools for optimising for web

Cons

Honestly - the only con we have is that in a busy working environment, we sometimes require multiple users to access the same piece of software and only having limited licenses on our plan meant we have to upgrade but, that in itself is not actually a con - just a fact of life!

TS

Tara S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Indispensable

Creative Cloud is amazing. I am always excited by the potential Adobe offers, with powerful tools at my disposal, limited only by my expertise using them and my own imagination.

Pros

As a designer, I could not live without Adobe Creative Cloud, because it is the industry standard—every designer is using it. I love that Adobe constantly updates the software and then provides a 30-second walk-through tutorial when you open the program with the update, so the user evolves with the program. I love that all of the Adobe programs are available through Cloud so that you don't have to...

Cons

I wish more non-designers used it so that I could share working files. Like anything, if you don't have the program, you can't open the files. I also miss the days when I actually owned Adobe programs—with everything Cloud-based, you need to be online to have full functionality, and there is a constant subscription fee. It was nice paying once and being done with it.

DB

Dean B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Adobe Creative Cloud is an incredibly powerful software service for skilled individuals

The Adobe Creative Cloud is a great tool for any business looking to launch their business into the new digital era. It is imperative that there is an individual or team that can use the applications that come with Adobe Creative Cloud as it is a skill-based software service with amazing capabilities!

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud is a comprehensive software service with incredible applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. Looking to create eye-catching motion graphics and videos? Adobe Creative Cloud is the hub that also provides access to Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro, 2 powerful tools available to put your business into modern digital territories. The...

Cons

The Adobe Creative Cloud is quite a pricey software service that is based on a yearly or monthly subscription and is not beneficial to companies that will not be using the applications on a daily basis. The Adobe Creative Cloud also lacks progress in the 3-Dimensional creation space. Although Adobe has recently purchased the Substance Softwares it is not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud and is an additional cost should you wish to use it. Baring in mind Adobe Creative Cloud does have Adobe Dimension for 3D creation, but this does not have the capabilities of modeling or extreme texturing as it is more a 3D object management tool. Overall the Adobe Creative Cloud should not be used for 3D graphics.

Kevin B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Still unmatched by any other software

We use Creative Cloud on almost a daily basis, most often using Illustrator for graphic design and InDesign for print publishing. We also use Premiere and AfterEffects for video and motion graphics editing. The ability to move files between different programs through Adobe Bridge is particularly effective when working with a wide variety of assets in different contexts. The cloud-based nature of the software is essential for employees who work remotely, allowing them to sync programs and preferences across devices.

Pros

For the wide range of applications available through Creative Cloud, no other software comes close to matching the feature set available here. Creative Cloud is still the gold standard for graphic design, photo & video editing, motion graphic design, publishing design, and interoperability between them. The somewhat recent transition to cloud-based software improves the feature set and finally divorces...

Cons

There certainly is a learning curve given the complexity of the software, and Adobe has never fully managed to iron out every single bug. Occasionally, users will run into strange issues of software not working as expected, but thankfully the online knowledge base and customer service available almost always provides a solution, even if it's not intuitive.

Emily H.

Printing, 1-10 employees

It's the Industry Standard for a reason, but for how long?

Pros

I have loved the Adobe suite since I first started using it back when I started in design with CS2, made my first purchase of the CS5 design suite in high school and Lightroom while in university, and now the CC at work. It's always growing with the demands of the industry and creating new features that assist designers and expand the possibilities. It now has easy tutorials included for new features that are visual more them verbal and easy to understand. The programs all integrate seamlessly together and makes it a joy to work with the software all day.

Cons

There is one flaw in the Illustrator software that is very specific to what I do on a daily basis that most people don't, that I wish would get created. A quick button that would create cut lines and apply bleeds. I specifically am in the sign and vehicle graphics industry and have an old (1990's/Early2000's) software that with a click of a button can recognize what image area is selected, apply cut...

Publishing, self-employed

I like Adobe Creative Cloud

I use Adobe Creative Cloud regularly to edit photos in the office and on the go (on my laptop and phone), prepare files for print, and to maintain my portfolio online. It's been good for what it provides.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud allows me to run Photoshop and Lightroom on my main workstation (desktop) and my mobile workstation (laptop) under 1 license which allows for 2 devices. This is very nice, and makes it easy for me to manage and install the software whenever and wherever I need to. I also like that it comes with cloud storage, mobile apps, and a portfolio site that integrates with Behance. The website and storage really make it a great value, especially as it allows me to use my own domain registered elsewhere with it. The apps are good too. While a CC subscription isn't required to download, having an account unlocks more photofilters and features, as well as integrates the program with your Adobe CC for easy access to files from the desktop versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.

Cons

Updates don't always bring about wanted changes. For example, recent updates to Photoshop CC made major changes to the way tools such as the healing brush and selection box work. This has caused many long time users, myself included, to often feel like we're working against rather than with the software. Also, updates don't always overwrite current installs. In the case of major releases (e.g. the recent Photoshop CC 2019 update), the update is installed as a separate program while the older versions remains. This can eat up a lot of hard drive space. Also Sometimes updates, since they are so frequent, can cause crashes or slowdowns, although I haven't experienced this yet with the latest release (CC 2019.)

ZI

Zach I.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The best thing Adobe has ever invented

If customer service and pricing transparency was better, this software would be perfect.

Pros

Because of Adobe Creative Cloud, I've had the opportunity to try way more Adobe Products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc.) than if I was forced to buy them ala carte. Sure, I'm certain that they started offering this service to combat the prevalent piracy in the software industry. But what an elegant solution! Previously, I had to spend all of this time dealing with version issues...

Cons

They do the same thing as cable companies, in that you have to get in on an introductory price and then call them once a year to yell at them to reduce the price. I ended up having to cancel the whole thing and start over the first time becuase of the way the e-mails were set up. If you have high turnover at your office, it would be better to assign the seat to an Admin account that you share in ...

KN

Kristen N.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Adobe Creative Cloud Provides Us the Support Possible to Be Increasingly Innovative

Adobe Creative Cloud has paved the pathway for us to respond "yes" to the ideas generated by our full marketing team. If we are not sure of the answer, well, there is an app for us to learn and that will allow us to respond with excitement. It certainly provides the platform for us to use our maximum creativity. Each application is instrumental in every project and marketing material that we produce, from layouts for our print and digital catalogs to images for advertisement campaigns to new wireframes for landing web pages to animated social assets. To be honest, I'm not sure how we could function well as a design team without Adobe CC.

Pros

I manage our graphic design team, and the ease and speed at which we can update our applications now with Adobe CC has provided so many opportunities for us to produce the best work possible. The licenses are very easy to manage, and our users have access to so many useful applications. In fact, our designers have developed new skill sets as they download applications that they haven't used before, taught themselves how to use the application through Adobe tutorials or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and used the application to make deliverables for campaigns even stronger and to implement the ideas that they envision. The speed at which we can share these ideas back and forth together is impressive.

Cons

Anyone can download an application, like Photoshop, InDesign, or Dreamweaver, and start to use the application (we have the "All Apps" plan). However, it does take some time and additional resources to learn to utilize unfamiliar applications to their fullest potential. Our team uses a combination of the Adobe tutorials, college courses with the tuition graciously covered by our company, or [SENSITIVE...

IT

Ilan T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2020 Review

Using Photoshop on a daily basis for client design projects has made me familiar with the product and I can say it is an amazingly useful tool to any designer or artist. Someone who doesn't need the entire Adobe set but is looking to edit photos with filters and cropping can pay for a Photshop-only plan at a reduced cost compared to the all-program suite. This is important to mention as unfortunately the price on the entire Suite is high, being $40 per month at the time of writing. It grows even more feature-rich yearly, and there is the ability to use Photoshop on tablets as well to transfer files for on-the-go editing. I'd say look into Photoshop and if you need it for your work or are a hobbyist artist, buy it if it's financially viable.

Pros

A highly impactful feature that separates Photshop from simpler image-editing software would be the ability to use layers. Layers mean that a user can decide to have the background be distinct from the foreground, or individually edit objects within a large picture with many objects. The layers can also be merged together, copied or deleted as needed. Naming layers is a small effort that pays off in...

Cons

There are minor issues I have with the program. When initially downloading it unless settings are toggled Photoshop might not naturally start every document in inches or even pixels, but in picas. Picas aren't a common measurement tool and it is easy to think your program has a bug if you do not know where the settings are. Another issue is that Photoshop, like most Adobe programs, does take up a rather...

Photography, self-employed

Amazing Software Suite! With a steep learning curve

Even with minor frustrations and a steep learning curve, I can't imagine using any other software for my freelance, photography, or fine art needs. The advances of this software over the last decade has been amazing and at top speed. There is no creative task I have not found a solution to. As often as I have tried other software to save money, I always come back to Adobe. It's worth the cost!

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software is by far the most useful collection of tools if you are in almost any creative field. I have used this software for 4+ years now, and could not do my job or create my artwork without it. Every step of my creative process is covered by one of their programs. Whether I am sorting images in Lightroom, editing and creating work in Photoshop, or doing layout in Indesign, I'm covered. The software is at the lead with new techniques and now with creative cloud, you are always using the most up to date versions.

Cons

As much as I love and depend on this software on a daily basis, the years of intense study and use that it has taken to get to the level of ease I am at now has to be taken into account. Moving from Photoshop to learning a new program like InDesign basically means you need to relearn almost everything. I understand that the two programs are for two totally different industries, but these worlds do...

David S.

Creative Cloud is the continued evolution of Adobe, and is indespensible for creatives.

Pros

I've been using Photoshop and Lightroom for 10+ years, and they get incrementally better with each iteration. I can't speak to the other parts of the cloud. It's a bit like asking a photographer, do you like using a camera. What I do is absolutely not possible without photoshop/lightroom/bridge CC. My everyday workflow now is for a non-profit hospital setting, working with as few pictures as...

Cons

To not like Adobe CC would be akin to not liking your hand or foot. It's such a part of life it's impossible to imagine working without it. That said, there are some tweaks specific to my workflow I would make. . .if I could use the previous setting from one picture to the next in camera raw, that would be great. Photoshop itself has a huge learning curve, which I get around by using actions. It is a little bizarre that we have to buy actions and presets from third party sellers. NIK (now owned by google) Color Effects Pro/silver effects pro is the only thing that I've touched that blows photoshop out of the water in terms of editing capability. But it is so tedious and cumbersome, I couldn't imagine using it as a stand-alone

EW

Erin W.

Must-have for any designer!

Pros

I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator for ages now to edit images and set type in my design work. Photoshop is the most powerful image editing tool on the market. The most useful feature by far is the content aware scale. I use this a lot when I'm editing images for web pages where text needs to be on top of the image. It allows you to manipulate the size of photos by stretching them out with minimal...

Cons

The programs are not super easy to use without a lot of practice. It really is an art form if you want to do complex image editing like cutting someone out, adding something in, making the background bigger, etc... but there are many helpful tutorials online that you can watch to help learn as you go depending on what you need to edit. If you just need to do basic editing like cropping and adjusting...

SN

Sai Nikhil Chakravarthy N.

Computer Software, self-employed

Unleashing Creativity (Adobe Creative Cloud)

In My overall experience, it's a great tool to have I solved so many problems in my current and previous organizations, If you are taking it for personal use I recommend first learning that software, and trying those similar functions in other open-source websites online, then if you're making good use of it then go for it.

Pros

A comprehensive suite of software tools for creative professionals, Wide range of applications for various industries and creative fields, Seamless integration between different applications, Ability to share files between programs, Cloud-based storage and syncing for easy access and collaboration from anywhere with an internet connection, Regular software updates and new features added to the suite, Extensive community of users and resources for support and learning, Ability to customize settings and preferences for individual workflows, Cross-platform compatibility for both Mac and PC users, Option to purchase individual applications or the entire suite as a subscription service.

Cons

The subscription-based pricing model can be costly for some, Internet connection is required for installation and updates, which may be a challenge for users with slow or unreliable internet, Certain features or tools may require high-end hardware or graphics cards, which can be expensive or impractical for some users, The size and complexity of some applications may make them difficult to learn, The version compatibility is also an issue.