Scout Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.49/10

Reviews by rating

Customer support could not have been better and the transition to their platform was basically seamless. I would recommend them again and again.
Great software a must for pet sitters & walkers, the GPS option is excellent and helps my clients feel at ease. The pet report could be a little more elaborate but works well.
It’s been very helpful in my startup pet care company, my clients seem happy and have enjoyed the freedom to book via an app.
Very little bad to say, they always listen to input.
I feel like the app is running my company, not the other way around. My staff dislikes the glitches, inability to log out, etc.
Some clients have a difficult time utilizing the scheduling component of the software. Little hiccups like this are to be expected and it's mostly user error.

MM

Myles M.

Accounting, self-employed

Scout Review

I’m able to manage all my business reports. Everything I need for my small business is conveniently ready for me at scout. Weather it’s revenue, payroll reports, income, future income, etc, a nice spreadsheet is a click away.

Pros

I felt good about my purchase. Their was no form of suspicion or sketchiness about this software. I also did not feel intimidated by the user interface. And I knew if I ran into trouble or had a problem, the creators were a button away from helping me out. Absolutely amazing.

Cons

This is my first time using dog Walker software. So I cannot compare Scout to another software and judge it. So my only con I could possibly come up with is the price, it’s a little expensive per Employee, but it is definitely 100% worth it.

CA

Corinne A.

I love using Scout

My name is Corinne and I'm a manager at Walk it Like a Dog in Philly. Before Scout, I used another pet-sitting website where I spent a lot time managing the schedule and trying to keep up communication with staff and customers. Since switching over to Scout, I save a lot of time, which means I get to do what I love: playing with dogs and cats! Here's a few ways Scout helps me do that: Drag and...

Cons

Thanks for the great feedback, Corinne! Appreciated!

AB

Abby B.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Scout Software

My overall experience with scout has been positive. I appreciate the ease of use and customer service.

Pros

The pros associated with scout software begin with the customer service. Any time I have needed help or had a question, the scout team has always been quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

What I like least about Scout software is the ease of use. I have commonly had customers that are already familiar with the software run into issues with scheduling. Also, I am not fond of the credit card transaction fees associated with Braintree when I can use PAYPAL or venmo for free.

KG

Kerri G.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Customer Support is above and beyone

The customer support is amazing and I am very happy overall. Any features that I'm looking for seem to be in the works.

Pros

The software is easy to use. I can easily add clients, create appointments and see everything that I have set up for the days in my app. The biggest pro is the customer service. I ask ALOT of questions and they always answer right away and are very pleasant. I do love that you can brand the app as your own as well.

Cons

There are some more features that I would like to see. I would love to have an app for the administration portion of the site as I'm not always near my computer and the website doesn't always work great on my phone. There are some other features that I have mentioned to them but it looks as though most of them are in the works. The cost of the app is a bit pricey as well.

WB

Willie B.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Dependable, full-featured software backed by excellent customer service

I was already using software similar to Scout, but the customer service was so poor, I decided to shop around. I wish I'd done so earlier. I'm a one-person company, but I'm treated like I'm one of Scout's most lucrative clients. Whenever I have a question, I usually get a response within a minute or two. Seriously. The developers are constantly adding features while improving existing ones. They rely heavily on client feedback and suggestions, and even have a Trello page set up so I can see precisely what they're working on and which stage it's in. I've had no technical issues. I like the way it looks. I'm already pleased with it, and new features pop up every few weeks to make it even better. I think Scout is head and shoulders above its competition.

Pros

It has every feature I want from dog-walking software – scheduling, billing, credit-card processing, check-in/-out notifications, photos – and it does them all well. I love being able to add photos from my phone's roll, which lets me crop and add filters if I want. On top of all of that, the developers are amazingly communicative and transparent about the development process.

Cons

At present, adding photos from the gallery on iOS is a bit slow. But the software is updated frequently, so I assume this will be improved soon. Like others, I'm looking forward to the customer web portal (though I've only had one customer balk at having to download the app).

CA

Claire A.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Perfect App for Personalized Care!

Using scout has saved me so much time and money each week when scheduling, coordinating with owners, manually tracking walks and more. Scout has made it easy for me not only to work with the clients I have now to maintain transparent bookings, but also to help organize leads directly on my own website! Any time I've needed help or had a question, I've been responded to by the guys that actually helped...

Pros

Saving time, money, energy! Helpful responses, quick response time. Genuine staff that care about their customers! Easy billing, easy navigation, and greater transparency for all dog owners!

Cons

There are a few kinks that can be worked out, but they're currently working on updates. I wish I could confirm bookings through the app on my phone, rather than logging onto my computer. Likewise, I wish owners were able to book the same service and click multiple days (for those that are booking the same service each week, but on varying days ie. changing schedules).

SA

Shady A.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

A dog walkers best friend

I was having a hard time collecting payments before using Scout, and the report clients get are clean and easy to fill out. Even my older clients that are not tech savvy know how to use the app easily.

Pros

The customer service is simply amazing they are fast to respond to any and all questions or concerns. This software helps keep my clients happy and informed on how their pups did on the services they requested. Easy to use for both clients and employees for booking and to run payroll

Cons

Not being able to use the app to approve requests and to make changes on services. even though I can use my mobile device browser to do all those things that's the one downfall so nothing major.

Thank you, Shady! We really appreciate the kind words.

RH

Robert H.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software for Dog Walking/Pet Sitting

Scout has been an invaluable tool for managing my pet sitting and dog walking business from day one. The interface was easy to use for me, my employees and my clients. Trying to replicate Scout’s functionality manually or through a less integrated system would have been much more cumbersome and time consuming. The personal customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Scout team is exceptionally good.

Pros

Intuitive, comprehensive software for managing contacts, employees, billing and invoicing. The scheduling and invoicing features are excellent, and the automated payment processing saved me a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

The occasional bug with scheduling, but rare and to be expected with any software.

KC

Katie C.

Veterinary, self-employed

Game Changer

My experience with Scout has been very positive. I don't think I could have made it through the previous holiday season without it. It's invaluable, in my opinion. I'm working hard to get to full capacity. Once I accomplish that, I'm looking forward to hiring help. Scout's staffing features help make business growth very achievable.

Pros

The amount of time it saves me. Conservatively Scout software increases my capacity for pet care by 50%. Now when I finish pet care for the day I can make dinner and relax instead of catching up on paperwork and invoicing.

NY

Nicole Y.

Self-employed

Scout is absolutely amazing for my business!

They make everything so easy, from scheduling to billing. I couldn't ask for anything better!

Pros

I love the simplicity of the layout, for both the website and the app for owners/pet sitters. Everything is so easy to figure out, but if you ever need help, their support is incredible! I've had a few issues (of my own doing!) so far, but every time I've reached out to support, they've responded very quickly and in a friendly manner, not like most companies these days! Their apps are very user-friendly, for pet owners and sitters, and they offer all of the features that you could want for your pet sitting business. I couldn't be happier that I found out about them, since I'm switching from a pet sitting website to my own business, and Scout has made it so simple and pain-free!!

Cons

I wish that the camera was a little quicker for capturing those fast puppies, but I was told that they'd look into improving it.

Thanks for the great review, Nicole. We really appreciate it!

SD

Sara D.

Lifesaver

They offer unbelievable almost instantaneous customer support.

Pros

The absolute ease of use and maneuverability.

Cons

The GPS in the report is a little vague.

KL

Keeley L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Efficient App!

I'm really happy with Scout so far! It's not perfect, but it's newer, and I'm sure any features they're lacking now will be updated in the future.

Pros

I tried out several popular software systems and apps before choosing Scout. This app was the most user friendly on the customer/client side.

Cons

I wish there was some sort of in app messaging system other than what is provided as well as staff being able to input their own availability.

CB

Colton B.

Overall, it is a fantastic program that is extremely inexpensive for what it provides

Pros

The cost is by far the top selling point for this software. I also really enjoy the features that are built in, mainly the photograph check in system. It makes our walker's job much easier.

Cons

When adding a customer, it doesn't immediately take you to the pet portion (which you need to schedule any appointments). The GPS tracking isn't the greatest or most accurate out there but it gets the job done.

Thanks for the feedback, Colton! Much appreciated! We are working on a new mobile app with better GPS tracking. Also, I like the idea of offering to add pets right away after creating a customer. We'll add it to our list!

AD

Abby D.

Veterinary, self-employed

scout - for dog walkers

Amazing experience and always get great feedback from my customers too.

Pros

Scout is super easy to use and all of my customers love it too - it allows me to keep up to date with my appointments and allows me to give a great report card at the end and allows me to upload pictures of the dogs for their owners. It is super easy to set up too. It keeps all of your invoices and allows customers to pay through the app!

Cons

There is nothing i dislike about the software!

AC

Amghy C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Customer Service

One of the things that really makes Scout superior from other Pet Care Software is their customer service. Rep is fast, and I mean, fast. He solves issues and responds to questions and concerns very quickly, and you can tell he is passionate about this company. I have immersed myself in competitive companies like PetCheck and TimeToPet, and Scout is so very different. Not only have they simplified...

Pros

Easy check-in and check-out Easy invoicing User friendly

Cons

Nothing to report at this time. The software meets my expectations.

JP

Jen P.

Essential Software for Pet Services

Not only is their product amazing, their support is just as impressive. The (many) times I've had a question, they have gotten back to me literally within minutes. Their level of service is unparalleled.

Pros

This software is the best. It allows for easy interface with customers, management of a schedule and invoicing and billing to all be done seamlessly.

Cons

They actually just fixed the one thing that I thought was challenge- updates to the software are now automated which helps with the customer-side of updates.

KT

Karin T.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Overall was a great experience! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was quick to respond and handle questions promptly.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use and easy to navigate through the different tabs.

Cons

I wish there was a section clients could message through the app.

Esteban H.

Experience with SCOUT is amazing. Everything from email replies to their software is exceptional!

Saves me a ton of time, I am able to compete with big businesses, and customers love it

Pros

Looks great, very modern, and easy to use. It keeps getting better and better with time. I tried many others and no one matched SCOUT.

Cons

Thanks for the sparkling review, Esteban! I appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continually updating the software with new features. We hope you like our next release!

GG

Grant G.

Great features and has made scheduling, billing and payroll much easier

Pros

Really smart, innovative and comprehensive features. The interface is intuitive and attractive. Scout makes scheduling easy and significantly cuts down the amount of time I need for billing, payroll, and texting/emailing with clients. Scout's customer service is very responsive and helpful. Best dog-walking business app I've seen out there.

Cons

Having a dynamic percentage-based payrate for staff, that adjusts based on special discounts and the like, would be great. Scrolling features within the app for staff can be wonky at times if you are prone to writing long notes, like myself.

Thanks for the feedback, Grant! Much appreciated!

RJ

Ryan J.

Hospitality, self-employed

Scout made running my business much easier!

Pros

Scout made running my business much easier on a day to day basis! Scout allows me to checking and view my appointments via the app when I'm on the go, and I'm able to set up and add clients through the web portal as well. My clients absolutely love getting information and pictures from the app during and after my visits with their pets.

Cons

I think most of the cons I have will be address fairly soon - more customization over billing, more admin options via the mobile app, and a faster camera. I wouldn't say these are necessarily cons, but more like need tweaks. Scout is a great product!

MB

Megan B.

We love Scout!

We have tried Time to Pet (no automation), Handlr (customers disliked it), and Precise Pet Care (too clunky and poor interface). We settled on Scout and love it. While it does not have a few features we miss, the features it does have by far and large make it for it. The customer service is great and they actually listen to their customer suggestions!

Pros

It's a breeze to use, customers love it, we enjoy it and it's not clunky or overly complicated. We love the payment automation!

Cons

We wish that it had in-app messaging and that we would see the service that we are providing on the main screen (mobile).

ES

Elizabeth S.

Excellent software to help your business!

Pros

Very easy to understand and use both from an owner and client standpoint. Scout's customer service is top notch and they always reply quickly to my questions with solutions that work.

Cons

Currently, there is not admin functionality on the app and that is a huge downside. I know they're working on it but until that's available that's one of my biggest cons.

Thanks a million for the review, Elizabeth! As you know, we're working on a all-new app with admin functionality. I promise it will be worth the wait!

MM

Mira M.

Amazing!

Simply amazing, I have used other apps similar but non can compare. I had great customer support and positive feedback from my clients on how much they like this app!

Pros

Smooth interface Loads scheduling quickly for myself and for the clients GPS map of our walks Reminders to clock out (which I truly needed) I absolutely love that the weather is right there in the corner as well!

Cons

Everything is pretty much straight forward, so honestly none!

DR

Diane R.

I'M HAPPY USING SCOUT

I'm fairly new in my business. As a single user, I find the Scout app to be very helpful to me. Their support is great. The price is excellent.

Pros

The ease of use, pricing, and, customer support.

Cons

Really no cons at this point. I haven't experienced any issues

GJ

Gabrielle J.

Scout

Excellent! Very easy to use and great customer support.

Pros

This software is easy to use and always updating to include more functions. Feedback is taken to heart and customer service is phenomenal.

Cons

I'm excited for new updates that allow a little more flexibility on individualized invoices and report cards.