Bandwidth

Coding APIs for adding telephony, SMS & 911 calling to apps

visit website

Bandwidth Reviews

Pros

The ability to manage all of carrier specific assets from a single portal. Ability to reconcile numbers, records and service offering makes Bandwidth one of the best in its class.

Super easy to use and it has amazing voice quality, and a ton of amazing features I probably will never use.

Preston T.

The people who run it clearly care about their customers' experiences. The software does a great job and, on the rare occasion when it needs a boost, the customer service is the best in the business.

Megan O.

Cons

I know that passwords need to be changed on a regular basis but not that regularly, sometimes I got lost looking for the information I needed, probably my fault.

Unable to order multiple Rate Centers in one order. No option to update the whole order with Switch changes.

Jennifer G.

Lack of route changes in Bulk through the portal. SMS Dashboard availability is not available at this time.

Eyeleen M.

Stripe for Cell Phones

Transcript

Greg G.: Hey, I'm Greg. I'm a software developer at a SAAS company, and I give Bandwidth a four out of...

My Preferred Carrier

I save a lot of time when I use the Bandwidth portal versus other carriers portals that I use. I would say on average to order a new number through Bandwidth versus other portals, it takes me half as much time. For submitting ports, I save even more time than that.

Pros

User-friendly which makes it time efficient and the Bandwidth team is wonderful to work with. The majority of our companies numbers are ported/ordered through Bandwidth because we have found this to be the best and easiest carrier to use.

Cons

The port tool will not tell you the carrier of a number if it is not portable. It also will not tell you the carrier of toll-free numbers or if they are on different RespOrgs before you submit them.

User Friendly Portal for Ordering and Porting Telephone Numbers

Overall, the portal is user friendly and is useful.

Pros

It is so easy to find Telephone numbers using the portal especially now that it is updated. Ordering CNAM, DL are easy too. You won't be taken to so many steps. Navigating the portal won't need a formal training, you can simply tour your self and be able to see what you need.

Cons

Porting Telephone numbers, there is NO WAY to remove and add numbers. You will still need to cancel and re-key which is very time consuming. It's like starting from scratch. Also, since the portal had the update, the partial porting will really need you to supply information which I think are okay even without those, example the next BTN for the remaining numbers since other carriers do not need this. For off-net port, you really cannot choose the time of port. This is not good for customers who reschedule during the port date.

Great rates, reliable network, features leave a lot to be desired.

Predictable rates with a reliable network.

Pros

I own an IT MSP and hosted PBX company. I've been using Bandwidth.com for about a year now, coming from VoIP Innovations and Telnyx. I signed a 2 year contract and overall I'm satisfied. The rates are very low, and the network is very reliable in my experience. Customer support is average. If you call in for support you won't get much help as you're usually directed to send in a support ticket via email or their website.

Cons

Lack of features. If you're only needing origination, termination and E911 then Bandwidth.com is perfect in that area. Coming from other carriers like VoIP Innovations and Telnyx, who offer many additional features that Bandwidth.com lacks.. Email to fax, and SMS to email to name a couple.. Bandwidth does offer SMS but you have use their API to implement it, so if you aren't a programmer, good luck. Due to the lack of features available, I still subscribe to a couple of other carriers for services that Bandwidth.com does not provide which is unfortunate.

Bandwidth customer support far exceeds their peers. They finish most requests in just a few hours.

Worry free call routing.

Pros

Ease of use stands out first. As a daily user I count on Bandwidth to point thousands of phone numbers to my customers correctly and route tens of thousands of calls daily. We use 5 SIP providers in our business and I choose Bandwidth as the primary carrier over all the others every time hands down.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Bandwidth. They have all the tools on their site I need to do my job efficiently.

On a daily basis Bandwidth makes my job easier, in comparing with other options Bandwidth gets my vote every time.

Pros

Exceptional Service! I work with Bandwidth on a daily basis and they always go above & beyond! Very easy portal, the staff is great to work with!

Cons

I've worked with Bandwidth for a little over 3 years and I have watched the company involve and raise their expectations for themselves. There is nothing I do not like about working with Bandwidth!

Bandwidth review

Pros

The Bandwidth service was steady in most time and the supporter service was also timely. There are many numbers in Bandwidth.

Cons

1. The SMS of Bandwidth could not send to some coutries such as China. 2. The dashboard of Bandwidth should be improved. The Twilio dashboard is simple and useful. 3. The API of numbers were not steady sometimes.

Incredible customer service and response, ease of use on the website

Pros

Everything is user friendly on the site and the technical and customer support teams are always super fast in responding and escalate things easily and quickly for quick resolution. Very satisfied!

Cons

I would say the ordering of phone numbers can sometimes be tedious. The old version is what I use and it is much easier to navigate.

Great team to work with. Company provides solid value to customers.

Pros

Bandwidth provides my company with solid product at a very competitive price. They are large enough to have the services I need and a quickly responding support department.

Cons

Bit hard to work with finance team on unique taxation issues. Not a huge deal just a bit annoying and was a corner case.

Best of our wholesale vendors we work with.

Pros

Tooling is great and easy to use. It offers much more customization without having to contact the vendor than anyone else. Customer service is stellar across all teams.

Cons

It's not flashy and looks outdated (Not something engineers generally care about but I had to put something)

Bandwidth is outstanding!

Pros

The customer service team are very friendly and professional. Dealing with Bandwidth is a breeze and that makes my life easier.

Cons

Response to critical issues is sometimes lacking which delays our ability to service our customers. Overall, great service and experience!!

Top notch support, porting can be tricky, overall however great experience

Provides a great service that I am able to then resell as a finished complete product.

Pros

Support is really great. When porting on network they are fantastic The provided API support is very powerful provided you know how to properly utilize it. Really fast provisioning of new DID's, great searching abilities for finding new DID's. While they don't advertise it they pass T38 signaling through their system without issue and without changing any headers.

Cons

Each part of the service is broken down into a separate login portal requiring the management of multiple logins for what should be 1 server. When logging into any of the portals their website feels it needs to open a new tab with every step leaving the last page open..... "Tip no one wants this ever" Searching DID's within your control is clunky and very slow due to the interface design. ...

As a whole, we are happy with the services and support we receive from Bandwidth.com

Pros

The vast majority of the BW team goes the extra mile for their customers. The customer-facing portal is clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

A dedicated Account Manager would be nice to have... or should I say if we have one, we're not aware of it. I dislike how in many of the ticket replies we receive BW culture (I'm assuming) directs their employees to say "Team, we're...". Sometimes, it's not clear if the "team" is referring to BW's internal team... or if they're referring to us as a team all together. I understand this is kind...

Bandwidth software works well consistently. If there is an outage, periodic status is provided.

Pros

The Bandwidth team is very professional. They are easy to get to and respond quickly. The customer service is very high quality. There setup is mature and works with very high reliability. If there is any outage, status is provided at regular intervals.

Cons

There are a couple of missing features for our use-case: within US and Canada the service is great, however, the international calling rates (last time I checked, which was over a year ago) need to be lowered. Also, for post-paid accounts, the short-code SMS rates are much higher than regular SMS rates (which might be true for other vendors also) so it will be good to provide some mechanism to turn short-code SMS feature off for an account or phone number.

Excellent response time from BW team and support

Pros

The database is real time. When requesting products most of the time you get an immediate response. Also the functionality is very easy to learn and train on. Set up under administration is also very easy and the turn around time for new colleagues to use the sight is same day.

Cons

Multiple logins for databases. One for ordering, one for trouble tickets, one for 911. It would be nice if they were all merged under one site. Also if the order could fall out to a rep when notes are applied that would be great. Typically there are instructions needed for the team when submitting a port. Those notes aren't viewed if the orders flow through BW automation.

Fast and efficient for self service at provider level

easy self service for porting, ordering numbers and pulling CSRs

Pros

The layout is nice as well as the ease-of -use. For porting I really like the ability to set to auto port time or manual port times based on my customer criteria. Number ordering is fairly simple and straight forward. Would recommend reviewing their self-paced video on how to order DIDs in their portal. Excellent CSR search capability as well.

Cons

When going to confirm a DID order if you do not have your browser set to full size you can miss the button to submit the order. Would like to see this page scale to browser size and show the submit button for DID orders

Overall favorable impression

1. Has the features I need. 2. Very competitive pricing. 3. Cost effective. 4. Great Customer Support

Pros

They do a great job with responding to tickets and providing support. Ports through bandwidth easier than other providers by far, which I really appreciate. Support team for porting is good as well.

Cons

I have to use 3 portals to manage Bandwidth, the main portal for hosting; a seperate portal for tickets; and a 3rd portal for e911. I don't mind that their are 3 seperate portals, it just managing login and for 3 accounts is annoying, especially when they have separate parameters. Ideally I would like to be able to login once and also get from one portal to another through links. Even just providing links for the other portals on each of the portals would probably be helpful.

Incredible Customer service

Pros

I have a lot of complex customers and complex ports that need special handling. Their executive was instrumental in assisting on a process for me and has trained our team to assist to help me with these complex ports. They have been difficult and tedious, the communication and support are top notch. The portal is easy to use and update

Cons

I would like to be able to submit a trouble ticket with out having to go to a different login area and log in to submit a ticket. At this time the rest of any issues have been resolved. I cannot think of any other cons at this time .

Great product with helpful people behind it

Pros

Bandwidth's system is simple to use and order numbers from. Their support team is exceptional and very quick to reply with personalize answers that resolve our questions and issues. They do a solid job notifying us of changes, even if they're changes being made by others such as phone carriers.

Cons

We aren't always able to purchase the numbers we want, which is due to their somewhat limited inventory. This isn't too widespread an issue, but numbers in certain areas can be challenging and even impossible to get.

I have multiple access, dashboard, support, Voice&Text Messaging & 911. I find them all easy to use

It allows us to provide our customers service, with the ability to timely maintain that service.

Pros

I like the feature ability on individual numbers, I also like the number porting and the ability to go back and retrieve old records. I particularly like the way we are able to set up our sub-accounts with the appropriate locations, and the ease of access to locate numbers associated with each location.

Cons

That I have 4 login locations. Also, when removing numbers from a location, I have found that I can only remove/disconnect 1 number at a time.

Because of Bandwidth's top-notch service they've been our primary carrier for several years now.

Pros

Their support is excellent and responds quickly and service disruptions are minimal if any at all. Our technical account manager is always reachable and works with our schedule so that we may minimize service disruptions for our end users. Their rates are very competitive and their LNP process is quick and painless for porting in TN's.

Cons

Their web portal will have odd issues every now and then where you are unable to perform certain tasks but it does not affect service and they are quick to remediate the issue.

Been Using Bandwidth for Years - GREAT EXPERIENCE

real time access and processing of orders, number porting, complete control of e911 services we provide to end users.

Pros

Hands on real time updates, ordering and processing. We have been using several Bandwidth products and services for several years now and our business success depends on their services.

Cons

Sometimes the portal is hard to navigate to find what you are looking for but that's probably because I don 't work in it every day like my team does. Occasionally need to call in and request some porting assistance with an order.

User Friendly

I saved alot of time with the ease of use submitting ports or ordering new numbers.

Pros

User-friendly / efficient to work with (Everything you need to fill out is on 1 screen, no need to tab or go to another screen to complete). Most other companies requires users to go to multiple tabs/screens to order or port numbers.

Cons

The partial/full port migration indicator gives off a lot of inaccurate rejects, which in the end result in loss of time making it longer to get a FOC since you need to dispute the reject and resubmit.

Always quick customer service

Pros

I like that the software is user-friendly. The software is very self-explanatory for processing and submitted a port request. Also, another thing I enjoy about the system is creating support tickets that have a quick turn around time, instead of waiting on hold.

Cons

The only con I have with the website is the data showing for a vanity number search. I wish there were more numbers available for the search. Although at times when you speak with a rep they can provide you with more numbers.

Easy to use, easy to navigate & reliable

Pros

It is very simple to navigate through the portal. The site is always up and reliable. It allows the user to have control over the requests. Customer Service team is awesome to work with and knowledgeable. I can get new numbers in an instance.

Cons

The automatic messages posted on orders don't make sense often so you have to call in to find out what they mean. The user often misunderstands the automated message for a message from customer service.

The Bandwidth Dashboard is very easy to use

Pros

I like that you can request changes by adding notes to the existing port order or you can call into Bandwidth porting team and they can update the port request for you.

Cons

Although I am not sure if this is part of the software or if it is the losing carrier, i have notice several times that my customer requested date receives FOC, then the system supps the order and changes the date to something other than originally requested.