ManageEngine OpManager Reviews

ManageEngine OpManager

Network Monitoring & Management Software

4.57/5 (28 reviews)

Pros
  • This is a wonderful software that is frequently used by wide range of people for Network management. It's customer service is outstanding.Ashleigh C.Read the full review
  • I like how configurable the tool is, and I like that we can connect to it through their API. Also, their support is extra responsive when we initiate chats with them within the application.Jamie M.Read the full review
  • The reporting is also great, as long as you understand what you're looking at. The network management features and credential storage is also very good.Nicholas C.Read the full review
Cons
  • Price is always a problem when there is something you want so badly. However I can't deny that this software is excellent.Gerson M.Read the full review
  • SMS function should work without discontinuation some time due to com port errors SMS is getting stop but Email are working as expected.sampath C.Read the full review
  • We had a single application that was necessary to run on a server to process an automated filing process to occur. This application failed at 8:00 Monday.Anthony H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
David Gòzalez

It simplified my work.

Reviewed 2018-05-19

Pros
In my work, bandwidth is scarce and the amount of computers puts the entire infrastructure in an insane state. I found it easier to find problems in the cabling by looking at the MS that was between one group of computers and another, from the server. Being able to leave the scheduled tests and then be able to send the results to the mail has also helped me a lot to save time. I also managed to find applications that from time to time consumed a large amount of bandwidth, complementing a third-party program to mitigate that leak of resources. The installation and programming of the program was much faster than what they predict on their website.

Cons
In the short time I have using this program I have not yet found any disadvantage, until the use of program resources (processor and RAM) my server is only an "I3" and everything runs smoothly I really love this program.

sampath Chaminda

Best NMS application for ICT professionals

Reviewed 2019-10-17

As an OPM Administrator I'm weekly & dally communicating with the Zoho Support. So, they have given good support service for my all the works. If any issues they are attending to work as soon as submitting support ticket. Team follow up is good recording our issues and solutions are providing with new releases also they explain about issue and difficult point in deeply. Team support is available even in the weekends . With overall experience I'm very much happy with ManageEngine.

Pros
Application has very user-friendly environment. Functionality is very accurate when compare to other systems. Device real time monitoring, email and SMS alert are very useful for us as ICT & system engineers. They have built trust between the application and Zoho team support. reports are very easy to handle specially downtime reports and availability reports are very useful for our KPI indicates.

Cons
Application updated are releasing continually that time we must get downtime to update application. SMS function should work without discontinuation some time due to com port errors SMS is getting stop but Email are working as expected. Some time browser cash issues are generating so that time we need to clear complete browser cash and use application. Other than I don't have any issue with the product.

Daniel Fast

OpManager is a full feature monitoring tool at a great value

Reviewed 2020-05-21

It has been great. We started with simply needing a monitoring tool for our network and have since leveraged many of the other components for monitoring connected devices for rogue devices, NetFlow and many other things. The canned reports are great.

Pros
I would say the OpManager team support stands out the most to me. I was very apprehensive at first about what my experience would be with the support team if I needed them, but each time I have worked with them I have been impressed.

Cons
Due to the modular nature of the OpManager product (OpManager, OpUtils, NCM, etc.) the product can feel a little disunited at times if you have an issue. Sometimes it is hard to tell what component the issue is with, but that hasn't happened much and their support is always able to resolve it.

Reski Abuchaer

If you want to understand your IT infrastructure more clearly, use this application

Reviewed 2019-04-14

This application makes monitoring many infrastructure simple to the user-friendly dashboard, If you want to understand your IT infrastructure more clearly, then take a look at the ManageEngine OpManager

Pros
- As you’ve seen, this application has the ability to greatly simplify the way most businesses manage IT. And, the tools deliver value to operations experts, service managers, IT planners and the executive. The business-centric dashboard will deliver value to managers who want assurance that critical business functions are online. - The focus on business-context also means that staff can more easily understand the impact of outages, enabling them to prioritize their work on mission-critical systems, and simplify the IT workflow.

Cons
I have used Manage Engine IT360, software development cannot be predicted, so when calculating the annual budget, the price of software updates is much more expensive because the price of the license changes the functionality needed

karthik gopinathan

All in one product

Reviewed 2019-10-11

i am getting instant alerts, bandwidth usage per port and connections, i can setup netflow and get app usage, firewall usage and rules monitoring, i am monitoring any device which has network connection.

Pros
I like the most is the representation of the network in a map. The feature is called business view where i can add my different campuses in a google map and get several information through that. I actually have the map running in a big monitor and can see whether the connectivity is green or red. Also layer 2 maps where i can create maps within a site.

Cons
setting up alarms might be difficult. sometimes you product MIB not there.

Anthony Hunt

OpManager - Just works

Reviewed 2019-02-25

We needed a product that we could tie in network optimization with an ability to monitor multiple systems. OpManager fits the bill in many ways. We can use OpManager to keep track of our networked UPS devices, so that when there is any latency, load, failures, etc. that we can proactively act on them. We can use OpManager to create layer2 maps of our different locations for audit purposes. We use it to display a NOC Dashboard for our data Center. The ability to implement the product easily and give it purpose was immediate. We have found that the product has paid for itself with maintained uptime monitoring as well as response time decrease. We had a single application that was necessary to run on a server to process an automated filing process to occur. This application failed at 8:00 Monday. At 8:01 we identified the issue before anyone knew what happened and it did not disrupt the business. This timeliness is key when our members depend on our response time.

Pros
3d Visualization of our server room with live visuals of server status ability to workflow jobs and servers. ability to map the workflow to better problem solve when issues arise. NOC board for our data center Layer 2 mapping of our remote locations

Cons
While the appearance of the product is clean, it has a clunky feel. Moving between the application has slowness Not entirely user friendly

Jamie McFarling

OpManager is a great tool and highly configurable, though configuration sometimes can be convoluted.

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Overall, we have insight into our most critical assets which keeps the environment healthy and uptime at it's peak.

Pros

Cons
It can be difficult to configure certain aspects of the system due to how it's laid out. Also, certain things that should be able to be configured aren't without a logical reason why they couldn't be given how robust the tool is.

Ashleigh Cleland

It is no doubt outstanding Network management software.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-02

Pros
This is a wonderful software that is frequently used by wide range of people for Network management. It's customer service is outstanding. If one faces any issues, it gives quick response and feedback to overcome that issues. It is very easy to install. It is user friendly and support mobile devices. It solves our problems quickly. We can check all the components once from a single place.

Cons
There are no downsides of this software. One can create specialized alerts but this software lacks some of the MBI's.

Roberth Cantillo

Great tool too help business to get al component monitored in one place

Reviewed 2018-01-01

Pros
Easy installation Web interface is friendly and support mobile devices Agentless integration with servers and network devices

Cons
SNMP fails in some case may need more integration with MIB library when you require more information despite basic SNMP provide.

Gerson Madrid

Technical excellence that makes it stand out from the competition

Reviewed 2018-02-14

More product for the price. Better than the competition.

Pros
Thanks to OpManager we obtained a better visibility of the businesses, our network devices and servers. This has helped us to prevent and act quickly solving problems and downtime. The solution fulfilled all our expectations.

Cons
nothing negative. Price is always a problem when there is something you want so badly. However I can't deny that this software is excellent.

Nicholas Cooper

Great UI with most of the features you'd want for monitoring!

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Overall it is a very good product for the price. Most other good monitoring software is a subsciption based model, so for our organization, the upfront cost plus the yoy support costs were much more doable. The interface is easy enough to use for my admins and it mostly covers all the bases our last product did.

Pros
The thing I like the most is the interface, as well as the segmentation of various objects. The interface is easy enough to use, but you can also get great depth out of the initial dashboards and graphs you're presented with. The reporting is also great, as long as you understand what you're looking at. The network management features and credential storage is also very good.

Cons
The product is deceptively simple. It looks very easy to use, but it is still a full and robust monitoring tool under the covers. So you'll need to take time to watch training videos and look at the documentation. You may even need to call support to find certain functionality if you're used to another product.

Kevin Jackson

Wonderful Tool

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Pros
A centralized manner to monitor servers, switches, routers, UPS devices, processes and databases. Easy to configure, monitor and set alarms.

Cons
I'm a big fan of the Opmanager and many other ManageEngine applications. The only con I have is the customer service was a 9 instead of a 10.

Damian Clarke

I am a big fan of their suite on Network Management tools.

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Pros
Great software for Network Management. Easy to configure and deploy. Great customer service. Quick feedback on any issues.

Cons
Not all MIB's are available for creating specialized alerts. Unable to delete SNMP custom trap processor, so in order to test a separate environment is required.

ManaEngine OpManager - Watching all your devices - 24/7

Reviewed 2018-12-11

OpManager monitors our servers for up/down time, also logistical for resource management, like storage space, high utilization o0n RAM/CPU etc

Pros
Ease of installation and setup, configuring the monitors and SMS alerts

Cons
The current interface. The previous interface was more intuitive and easy to use

Marc Decroos

A lot of functionality for network monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting.

Reviewed 2018-12-01

Pros
The toolset of ManageEngine is very complete and for a very competitive pricing you get all you need.

Cons
The latest rewrite of the GUI was giving some issues to find my way to the right functions but support was very helpful so don't forget to call them.

Marco Choiniere

OpManager review

Reviewed 2019-12-17

Pros
The product is flexible and offers a wide range of features. Easy to configure and update.

Cons
I have some issues with the layer 2 mapping probably because of my strange network topology. Other products had better success mapping the network.

Jorge Marquez

Intuitive software - very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-05-17

Pros
Easy to use Easy to configure to our needs A lot of pre configured templates that's are ready to use.

Cons
Not friendly when you want to customize a template for specific use cases Sometimes it has minor errors that your work flow harder

Ummar Hussain

Troubleshooting Made Fast

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2020-01-20

Troubleshooting was very fast and in detailed when required.

Pros
Easy to use visually appeal and aesthetics proved interface.

Cons
Price is too high for startups even though it's fully managed.

David Miller

Manage Engine OpManager has Changed the way we manage our network.

Reviewed 2018-04-19

We stay on top of the state of our infrastructure with this product. Similar products don't have near the capabilities and nowhere near the price.

Pros
The absolute best part about ManageEngine is the automation and notifications. They go hand-in-hand and keep our staff aware of the state of the network.

Cons
The only real downside of implementing Manage Engine is the setup. That is the thing that makes this product unique and tailored to your network and infrastructure needs. So setting up a custom solution isn't really a BAD thing. It is quite the opposite.

Sachin Pande

Ease to use at the first go was why i chose this software.

Reviewed 2018-04-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Out of all the products that were told by us to try before settling on one, this one clearly takes the cake for being the most easy to use tool and learn quickly from. Keeps users fairly interested.

Cons
Interface could have been a little better. Only if third party data integration and migration was supported then that would have taken over everything else for the whole user experience.

Anonymous

Monitor your servers on one dashboard

Reviewed 2019-12-09

As a technical application manager I find it very useful in monitoring my application servers. Often solving technical problems before the application users become aware of them.

Pros
The possibility to monitor many servers on multiple domains and the flexibility of options when choosing what to monitor.

Cons
The web version tends to 'stick' every so often. This can be extremely annoying. But the alarms work very well.

Chris Anderson

Good RMM but buggy at times

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-01-17

Pros
Good tool and good feature set. They offer a lot of products but they don't always tie together seemlessly. For the features and price this is a good starter tool.

Cons
The product is buggy and at times doesn't perform the way you would want it to. Support is lacking and hard to work. If you need the tool to function 100% all the time, then you will be disappointed.

A good monitoring software

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-06

Pros
Simple to setup and use, excellent support.

Cons
Some of our hardware was not supported out of the box, however custom reports can be made to support these.

Keean Persaud

a comprehensive network management product

Reviewed 2012-02-17

For a tool of this price point/range, a neat feature is the ability to create workflows with proper escalation and approval alerts. This is a rare component for a solution within this price bracket, as some high-end solutions do not do this well at all. The creation of workflows within the software allow for the automation of many tasks and operations.

Pros
The user-friendly approach that OpManager has created allows customers to customize and re-brand reports

Cons
does not currently offer third party data migration

Jendra John