Divi Logo

Divi

Website and online content building tool for WordPress user

Divi Reviews

4.8

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

Reviews by rating

Fabulous HELP LINE with efficient staff and rapid resolution. This is where the real value of your product is.
Now I'm able to build websites in under a week with amazing design. Divi also has various other plugin options that are compatible and that work fabulously on the Divi platform.
If you want to build a WordPress website with a lot of incredible features then Divi is definitely a nice option for you. Because using Divi you can create a stunning and beautiful website.
What you will dislike about the software is what you will dislike about content management systems in general. You have to play by the system's rules.
Sometimes Divi gives me headache... not always easy to use, a little bit buggy sometimes, page loading can be also bad.
The bloat of the software is unacceptable. The speed impact is dramatic once it is loaded.

1,069 reviews

Josh C.

Website Designer/ Owner

Divi exclusive user for over 3 years

Transcript

Josh C.: I'm Josh, I'm a web designer. I would give Divi five stars, and for more reviews like this,...

Cora M.

Health Coach

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent customer service

Transcript

Cora: Hi, I'm Cora. I'm a health coach in the health and wellness industry, and I give Divi a five out...

Samuel (SammyJ) K.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A brilliant building tool with exceptional support

I design both simple landing pages up to e-commerce solutions for my clients with Divi builder.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers a community of 3rd party developers that build beautiful software to add into your projects. When things go wrong, Elegant Themes is as responsive as you could expect them to be, but the ecosystem of 3rd party developers for plugins and child themes are also responsive and in some cases - work with each other to resolve your issues.

Cons

It's a robust system so it requires almost everything to be up to date all the time. This has caused random, strange issues that I need help troubleshooting. Also due to its design, if you're not an excellent hosting the builder can get weighted down and run slow in website load times. A CDN is almost always necessary.

MP

Monnieh P.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

This work likes a charm

The support is great, you get an answer instantly, so you are never stucked.

Pros

Of all the website builders i have seen Divi is the best.There are a lot of high quality templates, and you can not get that value for money anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to capture the modules and edit them

KP

Kurt P.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

A slow, bumpy road with a dead end

I manage multiple sites and train managers to use them on a regular basis. Divi is consistently requires the most training and administrative support. Divi consistently takes longer to do simple edits and results in more errors per edit than any other theme we use. Divi requires a lot of server resources and bandwidth for simple actions, making it slow for admins and punishing mobile end users who may have limited bandwidth/poor connections. A faster server will only help so much - you can't spend your way out of this.

Pros

1 - The system uses a layout system/library to allow for shared layout elements - such as headers/footers. Allows for custom elements on each page. 2 - Divi provides a WYSIWYG editor.

Cons

1 - Divi was built before WordPress used blocks and was intended to solve some of the sames issues and is incompatible. WordPress blocks are far easier to use and understand. 2 - The WSYWG editor is confusing and SLOW. Save does not always mean save, restore features lie and don't work. 3 - Divi uses separate content for mobile and desktop. A single edit must be made in multiple places. 4 - The layout...

NF

Norbert F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best Pagebuilder ever used

We have been using Divi for 2 years now and are really impressed. The ability to save templates in the Divi Cloud is also perfect and makes it easier for us to work together as a team and increases our productivity. Another thing that is very important to us and works really sensationally with Divi is the perfect support. If we had a problem, we never had to wait more than 15 minutes for help and so far all challenges have been solved perfectly. Thank you Divi :)

Pros

the many templates that are available and the simple handling of the pagebuilder - perfect support!

Cons

The picture gallery could be a little better - more styles, and features...

GW

Guy W.

Design, self-employed

Head and shoulders above the competition!

I've been using Divi for over 8 years and it's the heart of my web design business. It's just kept on improving with every release and I take my hat off to Elegant Themes for how they've kept evolving this builder. I also work on non-Divi sites that I've taken over and have experience with Beaver and Elementor - they don't even come close to Divi!

Pros

Ease-of-use, value for money and range of features

Cons

Sites using Divi need decent (but not amazing) hosting as well as speed/caching plug-ins to get top notch page speeds - but that's true of all page builders I've used.

SB

Sabrina B.

Design, self-employed

I love Divi and do recommend it to everyone.

I use Divi for my own website but also for my clients and never had any issues compared to other builders. The only thing I had problems with in the past was the contact form but I think that has been fixed already.

Pros

I absolutly love that the customer support always finds a very quick solution for my problems and Divi is really easy to learn and make quick fixes.

Cons

sometimes I have issues that it runs a bit slower but still could also be on my hoster so I am not sure.

HK

Herman K.

Design, self-employed

For WordPress website the best visual builder

All my websites are build with Divi, from 2017 till today.

Pros

- Visual Builder- Divi Could to same all your settings- Changing a page is easy

Cons

- Speed could be better. It is improved lately, but could be better still.

VV

Victoria V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use

I have been using Divi for about 5 years now. I am not sure how I came across it. I love its ease of use. No coding makes it a breeze for an entrepreneur to update their website. For instance, I can easily add a new teacher page to my website without paying someone to do it.

Pros

What I love about Divi is the fact that I can easily make changes to my website.

Cons

There is nothing that I really don't like about Divi. When I do have a problem the support is amazing.

SB

Stephen B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Wow!!!

Mind-blowing, changed how we do business.

Pros

Great product and even better customer service.

Cons

Nothing, so far I have not found a negative to speak of

MB

Michael B.

Computer Software, self-employed

Intuitive and Powerful Website Builder

I'm happy with my decision to go with Divi as a website builder.

Pros

Divi is comparatively easy to use for someone who has little or no experience building websites. It has many features for creating a website that has everything you are likely to want. Its drag-and-drop capabilities are largely self-explanatory.

Cons

There is a learning curve to familiarize yourself with how websites and Wordpress work in general and how to use Divi to create a website, but this cannot be avoided. I looked at other options before purchasing Divi, and the learning curve with Divi is significantly less than with other website builders.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

DIVI Builder by Elegant Themes is a Powerful Web Development Tool

I really love and am very dedicated to using Divi Theme and other Elegant Themes products. I have invested a lot of money in child themes, layouts, plugins, etc that are supported and make it a very complete product. My primary concern again is speed. This is a growing concern that I hope they address as Google SEO becomes more reliant on site speed.

Pros

I would describe my primary skills as a creative designer first, web developer second. I have found that Divi Theme and Divi Builder have been the easiest to implement with some of the best developer features on the market. Their pricing is extremely affordable for what you are investing and the 3rd party support for the product is pretty amazing. They also have tons of thorough how-to videos and support documentation so you can usually figure out how to do what you need to.

Cons

Speed, speed, speed. Divi definitely does not offer a fast loading site unless you have perfect hosting conditions and have studied site speed optimization using trial and error to figure out what works best. There are also some features missing that I commonly need on website builds but I have to implore a 3rd party plugin or special CSS code to implement. So when Elegant themes is working on fancy bells and whistles that typically slow the builder down, it's frustrating that some more commonly used tools require special workarounds.

MC

Michał C.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Invaluable support and troubleshooting assistance

Divi helps a person like me in learning and working. I am involved in web design and the construction of online stores. I usually add products and list. I invested in Divi to put my online service store. Now I build other sites and shops with Divi.

Pros

Thank you very much to the whole team and all Divi maniacals for their support in solving WordPress problems. In particular, thank you very much for 72 hours of joint fight against language problems on the site. Thank you for any suggestions and ideas. The choice of your software was a hit... Not only because it's intuitive, not only because it's innovative, but above all, it has amazing support!

Cons

I have no objections. It's the best software on the market and it's being improved all the time.

JM

Jay M.

Divi for WordPress Review

Overall thoughts about Divi are: It is worth the money, It will speed up your build time make you more productive and the premade templates help you create an amazing website fast.

Pros

Divi is very easy to set up and get started building your website. The documentation is detailed and complete.The user interface is simple and easy to use.You can build custom layouts, headers, body, footers and more.YOu can save any page or layout you have made to reuse on the current website or a different website that you are using Dive to build it with.

Cons

Divi seems to slow down the website load speed a little. The load time of the builder could be faster at times.

SP

Simon P.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Wordpress Theme of choice

I played around with using a proper Premium theme for Wordpress and came across Divi via recommendations. I first of all used the licence for one website and quickly saw the value, as a developer, for upgrading to a lifetime licence. I'd used Solostream themes, but their support fell off a cliff, and Divi's support has generally been decent. The product has grown massively in the time I've used it, the visual builder is superb

Pros

Very easy to use for non-technical users. Allows myself as a web designer/developer to build attractive Wordpress websites. Regularly updates to offer new functionality and receptive to feedback for new functionality or issues with current ones. Lifetime licence.

Cons

Some of the functions could be better - sliders not great, forms are ok but there are better ones out there. It's not cheap, but I think the lifetime licence (which I have) is good value.

KK

Kristina K.

Best WordPress Theme Available

When I started my agency, I took a chance on Divi. Years later, I see more and more websites adopting Divi. I am confident I made the right decision making Divi our only agency-supported theme.

Pros

The Divi visual editor makes it easy to build WordPress websites that are intuitive for clients to edit. The Divi Theme Builder is extremely powerful and enables great

Cons

I have been using Divi for the last 5 years and continue to be impressed with their continuous improvement. Divi has managed to reverse most of what I would have labeled as disadvantages 5 years ago to advantages today. Divi continues to release important features/customizations,release speed and performance enhancements, form key industry partnerships and has significantly improved their support. Portability between themes is the only disadvantage remaining. However, once you go with Divi, would you really ever want to change?

MM

Monika M.

Used monthly for 2+ years

overall rating of the Divi product

Despite of some technical problems which apper sometimes, I like work with Divi especially beacuse of the support, when someting is to difficult form me I got help and solution from Divi's team. For big advantage of Divi is that is theme and tempaltes in the same time, and It's more stableable than Elementor, especially when you do update of Wordpress or theme. I have never the situation that after updates the website was totally mess (however in Elementor it happens), so for this - congrats!

Pros

Definitely the support! The Divi's team are always kind and helpful. Moreover, the time of response is not so long. I like also liek the most option "the LIFETIME ACCESS" It was very important for mu during the purchase.

Cons

I also work with Elementor, and I have a comparisson. Unfortnately the Divi has not so many options like Elementor ( of course you can add by some code CSS or Java but it will be great if you add some simple options) For example: 1) put the buttons side by side or 2) center the text in columns, 3) or more option to choose how the icon f shopping cart in menu can look likes , more customizible design of displaying a count of things in shopping cart 4) why you don't have the option in picture module, when I have diffrent picture in hover effect, to set up the trans duration?

RM

Reed M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Fantastic Theme, you wont be disappointed

I decided to find another place to 5 star this excellent company. You can tell the team here has a true passion for making designers and developers alike a lot easier in this very complex world/industry. From their support staff to the nuts and bolts, this theme has real power.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 4 years and I must say.. it has been a minute since i have been disappointed with a feature release. As in I cant recall when I was sad about it. Excellent support, feature rich, and cuts down the average website build from months to weeks... sometimes days (depending on how basic requirements are needed)

Cons

It used to be clunky and slow, but with the proper understanding of image sizing and extra TLC i really have nothing bad to say

AH

Annmarie H.

Happy Customer

Pros

Divi allows me the creative freedom with a variety of ways to customize it as well. The customer support is amazing too! Anytime I get stuck, I know there is someone there to help back me up.

Cons

It can be challenging to implement javascript because the theme contains a lot of inherent code which can result in conflicts.

TQ

Tony Q.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Divi for 10 years now, and still loving it!

Divi is amazing, and helps me get wayyy more done than every other platform I've tried (and I've tried them all.)

Pros

Well, sheesh, where to start! Basically everything is a pro about Divi, and with a bazillion different plugins and such you can do stuff with Divi that other webdesigners can only dream of. I've been using Divi for over 10 years, and I've never regretted buying that lifetime license. It's so easy to use, and probably the best part is the support - when you need help you can literally live chat with...

Cons

None, really. Except that it takes them awhile to implement new features from when they are requested. But seriously, nobody is fast with implementing extra/new requested features, so, that's no surprise.

AP

Adam P.

Computer Games, self-employed

Definitely recommend they are amazing!

I think I kinda said that up above already but overall great they are great. The customer service is absolutely amazing and next level. I asked for help on how to make a customer header like the one I showed and then the guy actually made the header for me basically. Then I could just go in there and customize it to my liking but he did the majority of the work. So that was absolutely amazing and made me like speechless and I couldn't believe that. Just like I said above overall great would recommend they are just great. There is just so much would definitely recommend to someone trying to build a website.

Pros

It is just like an all-in-one system and solution since it's a theme builder and all to and just like everything you could kinda need is included I feel. Either in Divi itself or the extra stuff that comes along with it when you buy it. For example, you have access to Extra which is their magazine theme they say where you can make like reviews for things from. They also have Bloom which is their email opt-in plugin. Then they also have Monarch which is their social share and follow plugin. So you have access to all of these amazing things and also all of their premade layouts and you can do unlimited websites and you can pay a one-time unlimited fee. It is just incredible and many more I would definitely recommend them.

Cons

I guess the main thing is it is not easy to use as maybe elementor is. Since elementor I think you can edit the header of your page on your actual page I believe and make it a custom one. With Divi though if you want to create a custom header the way you want to have to go into the theme builder option and create a global header. So basically that is the gripe it does not seem as user-friendly as maybe elementor which allows you to do stuff really easily it seems and you can things around really easily. Divi is still really good and might be the best WordPress theme, builder, and visual page builder out there. Since it also has a one-time lifetime fee and no recurring payments and the extras are amazing and their support team and all is amazing. So still would recommend Divi.

JR

Jeff R.

Internet, self-employed

Great until you want to save your work

The team that developed this software started with a GREAT concept. About the time they added in the Visual Builder, they should have branched the product, allowing those of us who liked what we had to keep the product as is. After the "upgrade" to include a visual builder, many of us were left with a far less useful theme as we could do all kinds of amazing things - but not able to SAVE our work....

Pros

The graphical interface for setup of a page, thorough menus for making customizations, and ability to copy or drag-and-drop modules on a page is amazingly convenient!

Cons

On many occasions, I have not been able to save my changes - losing a good deal of time as work I have done is lost. While the company (Elegant Themes) _claims_ to have live chat support, it can be HOURS before hearing back on a question. Most recently, I was requested by the support staff to turn off an important part of my server's security software in order to allow the theme to run without errors. NO!

EJ

Eva J.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Professional Looking Websites By Beginners in Web Design

While generally easy to use, for better SEO, may need to know some customization to ensure seamless integration with WordPress. Sheer amount of features means a possible learning curve. Once familiarized, one can customize to one's liking any parts of any pages of the website with different components to suit specific needs.

Pros

- Value for money as Divi can be used on unlimited number of sites. - User friendly with intuitive dashboard, ease and simplicity of use - Advanced page building features with a lot of design flexibility, giving users the power to build custom designed websites without needing to know any programming codes and still achieving professional looking websites. Great for beginners in web design and development because it makes building WordPress websites simple and fast.

Cons

- Unless one is a seasoned Divi user, Divi can be slow because whenever one adds a new element to a page, it adds extra CSS and JavaScripts to the websites. Divi also has a lot of codes that a site may not even need but cannot remove entirely without breaking the system. This can create multiple issues with Google Core Web Vitals assessment. Loading a Divi website with multiple plugins can take a long time. This may be detrimental for mobile users and may mean poor search engine optimization (SEO). - Divi does not included breadcrumbs by default, hence need to add breadcrumb plugin to the system. - Divi does not generate XML sitemap automatically.

LT

Lia T.

E-Learning, self-employed

Divi is the Best

I honestly couldn't recommend this software, and the team behind it highly enough. I continue to have an amazing journey with the Divi Team and enjoy working on my pages and websites because of them. It has been and I'm sure will continue to be an amazing experience on all fronts because I know it will continue to just get better by the minute. The team is great, the software is great and the whole experience couldn't be better.

Pros

The thing I most like about Divi is its ease of use and ever-growing, progressive learning curve. If I think of where I was when I first started, I knew absolutely nothing about building my own website and it is largely with the support of the fantastic team at Divi plus the great templates they have to progressively learn that I have been able to achieve building one. Now I know that with the Divi team, anything is possible, all it takes is a question and they will do their absolute best to answer it thoroughly plus take on board any improvement suggestions I may have. It truly is software with a fantastic team behind it and built with people at its centre which is what makes me feel so confident in using it.

Cons

oops I think I answered this in some of the earlier slots. The great thing is that the Divi team is always open to listening and adjusting as required. That's a big part of what makes it so great.

ET

Emma T.

Divi

To begin with, Divi is pretty straightforward to get started, but the more I use it the more I realise I don't know. This is nothing against Divi it shows what a great tool Divi is and the many features and functions there are. I do know that most of my cons above are because I just haven't learnt how to do it better so there is a learning curve and a lot to learn but I love learning it - thank you to support for your continued patience.I do love using Divi it's so diverse and I can offer my clients so much.

Pros

I love the variety of the functions and the flexibility of what I can do. I didn't realise how good it was until I tried to edit an old website on an old builder. The flexibility with Divi is amazing. I love the awesome support. No matter how little a question someone always takes the time to answer my question. Knowing I have the support is an absolute game changer for me.

Cons

I think the drag and drop, moving elements and resizing could be a lot easier. At the moment it always seems to work better if go into the module and adjust the spacing (it's a bit slow this way but I get better results). I also feel like the ease to make a website mobile responsive needs to improve. I am getting faster but it still takes me more time than I want to spend on it to adjust the design...

TK

Torsten K.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Divi Theme and it's positive Features

Using Divi Theme you can create modern websites very quickly. The price of the theme is reasonable for the offered functionality and the licensing policy is very moderate compared to other themes. Therefore, I can still recommend the Divi theme for most websites.

Pros

When I first tried the Divi theme, I was very surprised that it doesn't require writing a single line of code to create responsive layouts. What I often had to painstakingly create directly in CSS can be done with Divi without even knowing what CSS is, by simply using a slider.There's no more backend where you have to paste shortcodes (and don't you dare forget a bracket!). You work directly on your...

Cons

Updates don't always seem to be tested very well by Elegant Themes - it has happened quite often that after an update some smaller things didn't work anymore. Or the new functions work for simple use cases, but cause problems in detail.The Divi backend (the Divi Builder) still feels very sluggish even after the latest performance improvements to the frontend. Working especially with longer pages often becomes a test of patience even with potent equipped servers ...