EmailOctopus Logo

Easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool.

EmailOctopus Reviews

Suggested alternatives

constant-contact
hubspot-marketing
sendgrid

Not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great. Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it.
Excellent service and feels wonderful to support a smaller alternative service doing as great a job as long established players.
Ease of use, effectiveness, sends emails efficiently and quickly. The ability to choose from templates or create your own is a great feature.
However, they always get back to me quickly. Also, I'm desperate for list segmentation and have been asking for that feature for a while now.
The embeddable form are quite ugly, they look at least ten years old.
Most of the emails end up in spam. So the response rate is very low.

AB

Alex B.

CEO

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Best Price performance

Transcript

Alex B.: Hi, my name is Alex. I used to have a consulting company, but since I'm now retired, I do work...

David L.

CEO

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Great email marketing tool for low budgets

Transcript

David L.: Hi, I'm David. I am a podcast host and newsletter founder. I work for Echo Fox Media. We're...

Jeremy F.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Give Four Claps for Email Octopus

We set this up in just over an hour, including adding all our lists. Having used MailerLite, Mailchimp, and other services, this one jumped to the top because of its excellent social mission.

Pros

EmailOctopus is easy to set up, with plenty of handy support from real people who are clearly invested in the product. Most of the features currently meet the industry standard from what I've seen among other services, and they're still building out a lot of features as well. I'm excited for what's to come.

Cons

It's still a little early, but the number one thing needed for our use case is deeper Zapier integration (more triggers, more things to be triggered by).

Bikas A.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A Fantastic Email Tool | Good Value for Money for starting Email Marketing

The support team was fantastic, I didn't expect such prompt response of my tickets. They're very understanding and put great efforts to make it work for you.

Pros

Its pretty easy to use and makes campaign & list management very easy. The integration with wordpress is great as well. The tracking & analytics are fantastic so far showing detailed engagement for each recepient of our emails.

Cons

More templates could be added and made better, the forms could have a bit more customization to them both visually and condition wise.

AA

Adegboyega A.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

My Views on EmailOctopus Utilization for 5+ Yos

Pros

EmailOctopus automates the entire process of marketing by creating and customizing high volume outbound marketing emails.

Cons

EmailOctopus has few free templates for creating landing pages.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Onboarding makes no sense

Pros

It's very easy to build emails and work with forms and landing pages

Cons

Before being able to send any communication they sent you a set of questions about your data base and lists, where and how you acquire your contacts. They sent this like two hours before I've signed in. I'm supposed to give them all my info, wait for their approval and only then shoot my emails. This is absurd doesn't happen with any other provider I've used before (mailchimp, hubspot, etc)

Hi there, Sorry to hear you weren't happy with our approval process. We have an approval process in place to maintain our industry leading deliverability. During the approval process we look to find out what kind of emails you'll be sending and how the list was grown many companies continue to use purchased lists, which are not only against the law but impact the service massively too so having...

RW

Ruth W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy, professional service with great support.

Easy to use with great support pages to help me switch over initially and then to continue to make my email campaigns the best I can make them. I'd recommend EmailOctopus to anyone who's unfamiliar with setting up email subscriptions. But it's great to anyone really, no matter the level of experience.

Pros

The ease of making up an email to send out to my subscribers. EmailOctopus isn't the first service I've used over the years, but it's by far the easiest one to navagate.

Cons

It can get pricey when you need to upgrade. But that's pretty much true across the board these days. And you do get what you pay for.

HJ

Hope J.

E-Learning, self-employed

Great for beginners

Pros

EmailOctopus very effectively uses their own emails to orient and connect with users in a way that feels authentic. The set up of the free trial allows me to learn the system and more about email marketing in the novel stages of my business and scale well as it grows.

Cons

I wish the landing pages collected names, not just emails.

GW

Gail W.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for a small nonprofit!

A very positive experience that allowed us to get up and moving quickly and easily.

Pros

It seemed quick and easy to set up and get going fast, which is what we needed. Price point was right and we have continued to grow our email list ever since we started.

Cons

Nothing that comes up as being a serios negative!

JW

Jonathan W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Switched from MailChimp

Pros

EmailOctopus offered the services we needed at a much better price.

Cons

I wish there was more connectivity and integration with third party platforms - but not at the cost of too much of an increase in price. Intuit ruined MailChimp by making it cost ineffective for small businesses.

OA

Opeyemi A.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

User Review

Pros

The analytical reports and segmentation

Cons

None for now. I will write if there are any concerns

CD

Cameron D.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

EmailOctopus is an excellent and stress-free way to manage your Email List

Pros

Email Octopus has a free feature, where a business can create an email list, manage that list, and create and send newsletters to that email list. Email Octopus has an easy to use platform, great customer service, and makes it simple to send newsletters/emailers, and to manage your email subscription list.

Cons

I haven't found any obvious flaws or issues with EmailOctopus yet.

GG

George G.

Computer Software, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Refreshingly Simple and Straightforward

An excellent tool for most email-marketing situations. I've used it on several client sites for letting them build their own newsletters and email lists, and have not had a single complaint about it. If you are looking for a tool to migrate your email list of hundreds of thousands of users to, EmailOctopus probably isn't for you—but if you're an average-sized business or creator, it's really my preferred option now, and much less spammy/convoluted than something like ConvertKit!

Pros

Email Octopus is really a great tool for—in my opinion—80–90% of situations where you need email marketing. For the large part it "just works", and I have no trouble getting my clients to use it, which cannot be said about other similar tools.It's quite easy to make great-looking forms and landing pages, and the WordPress plugin is a joy to use—makes things much easier!

Cons

If it's a great tool for 80–90% of situations, then I have to admit it has some shortcomings for those less-common use cases where you really need something robust and more flexible.Its API documentation is a bit lacking, for example, and while things "just work" for the most part, a consequence of this is that you don't have nearly as much control over precise details as you would with a larger—and admittedly more expensive—tool in this same spce.

AA

Anca A.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great tool for authors and bloggers

I had the pleasure of using EmailOctopus for my email marketing campaigns, and I must say it's an excellent tool. The platform is incredibly easy to use and efficient. One of the best things about it is the wide variety of templates available, as well as the option to create custom ones.Additionally, I appreciate the free plan that allows you to schedule your campaigns, which is a feature not always...

Pros

My favorite features are:1. creating your own template2. scheduling campaigns

Cons

Although it integrates with StoryOrigin (the platform I use to deliver magnet readers and do newsletter swaps with other authors), EmailOctopus's API doesn't support list stats. Because I swap with other authors, it helps to show my stats (list size, open rate and chick rate). But the support team was quick to respond and open to suggestions, so I'm hoping they will fix this in another update.

SN

Shishira N.

Publishing, self-employed

EmailOctopus is the best free and VFM mail service I've found after months of searching!

Pros

I love that EO is so easy to set up and use - it took me less than 30 mins to set up my first automation (welcome email to new subs) and prepare my first weekly campaign. The UI was really nice too with the drag and drop builder (for someone like me who has no coding knowledge) and the flexibility to customise the layout even though I'm on a free plan. Also liked how generous EO in the early stages of growth for the user!

Cons

Have not run into any cons, but I would enjoy a more flexible builder UI that could help me standardise fonts and colors for the complete mail and be able to revert to it with a single click if any incorrect formatting exists. Also, pressing backspace to delete a word also deletes the space before that word, which isn't required (it slows down typing speed)

KR

Kyle R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The most cost effective email solution with no hidden bolt on extras

Ace. Pull your CSV files through already and close your mind-numbing, overcharging, 2-audience-limited mail company and make the switch. If you don't like it you're probably a bot.

Pros

straight out of the box, the customer service is top-notch, real people, detailed responses not generic bs, and such an easy user interface you don't have to hunt for hidden features. fast, effective, reporting is top-notch. it takes care of everything without the expense of Mailchimp... actually, it makes Mailchimp look prehistoric in comparison.

Cons

Really nothing has popped up that's been an issue, no extra charges, nothing.

MC

Mikey C.

Entertainment, self-employed

Reliable and cost-effective

Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Pros

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Cons

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

MB

Mike B.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Everything Most Email Marketers Need at an Unbeatable Price

I needed an easier, more reliable platform for various email campaigns, and EmailOctopus delivered.

Pros

EmailOctopus is incredibly easy to use, yet still full-featured enough to fill the needs of most business owners. I appreciate the intuitive backend, handsome emails, and exceptional deliverability EmailOctopus provides in a simple and pleasing package. I've used other industry-leading emailers, but this is the one I enjoy working with the most.

Cons

Can't think of a thing I don't like about EmailOctopus.

DH

David H.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Keep it SImple

Pros

Email Octopus is the only email program I could connect with. I can do almost anything with any program on a computer. But email marketing has always been overly complicated, in my opinion. I can write copy and set up great graphical design, but email marketing is like this bag of complications that the occasional email marketer doesn't get very proficient in. EmailOctopus simplifies all of this to the point that even if I don't become an expert in email marketing, I can still start and run a campaign and get good feedback on the quality of that email campaign. I like the fact that I can just relax after hitting the send button, and Email Octopus does the rest. For me, I like simplicity. Overly complicated doesn't work for me. Email Octopus is simple.

Cons

I am waiting for AI tools to be incorporated into EmailOctopus. I also think it would be cool if an email audience could be created right within the app.

JD

Jeff D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great "out of the box" features!

I have been able to build an email list because of ease of integration into my

Pros

Started out using the free version. It has all of the features of the paid version which you can't say that about their competitors. Can immediately have more than one list as well as use automations. Gave me a great idea. how the program works and now I'm paying and a huge fan.

Cons

I am able to integrate Email Octopus pretty much everywhere I want. But, occasionally I need to use a third party software to do so. Which isn't a huge deal, but I'm sure that will start seeing email octopus in more and more native integrations.

SL

Sonja L.

Publishing, self-employed

Great and Easy

I am using Email Octopus for email marketing for my publishing business. It's a very low-cost and effective way to gather my readers in one place and hold them there.

Pros

Email Octopus is extremely straight-forward. The way you use it and the pricing are easy to unserstand and make sense.

Cons

Nothing to add. I like it, and can't think of anything I dislike. Customer service was prompt at answering my inquiries.

RF

Raul F.

Real Estate, self-employed

Amazing Email Marketing Solution!

Pros

Easy to use, affordable & it works flawlessly.

Cons

The purple color design everywhere you look.

TR

Terry R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

This Octopus Has Tenticles

As of right now I'm excited to get started. If the information you provide from here on is as good as the information I have received so far I think this will be a long term relationship.

Pros

I'm new to Email Octopus but from the beginning I can see that they address all the areas that other email providers don't. They give segmentation ideas that I would have never thought about. I can see where this email service is different and cares about the success of their clients. I'm excited!

Cons

I wish that they would have asked all of these questions after I have had a chance to use the Octopus. Then i could have been more subjective in answering these great questions.

GG

George G.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Very happy

great! Their customer service is also very responsive.

Pros

I love that Email Octopus is easy to use and navigate. Has a lot of automation options that are very flexible.

Cons

I would really love if they implemented a search bar for campaigns and exporting of reports.

SW

Steven W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

E-mail Octopus is a great platform

Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Pros

E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Cons

If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Happy customer for over two years.

Overall, the experience with EmailOctopus has been largely positive.

Pros

EmailOctopus looks easy at first, but I will highly encourage anyone to look into the API for more serious use cases. Depending on your mileage, it may take you longer to integrate, but if you have worked with competitors, it only should take you a few hours at most to build a fully integrated flow with the API.

Cons

The editor is a little finicky at times and the documentation for power users could be made more visible. I would also expect better support for managing multiple accounts at this price point.

KC

Ken C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Email Octopus Save Money

The experience has been very good. Hopefully they will continue to improve the product with quick editing features.

Pros

It's integration with amazon ses is key which lowers the overall price when compared to aweber or other products.

Cons

Needs a better system for removing inactive users.