Filecamp Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

Reviews by rating

I like that it's super easy to set up and very affordable, while solving 90% of my asset management issues.
Having the ability to make pages like a web page is also very helpful. We also love the fact that it can be used as a subdomain so user's get a seamless experience with our website and domain name.
Easy to organize, great tagging/search tools, straightforward admin interface. We use it is an internal catalog of creative assets, organized by asset genre folders, and tagged for keyword searching.
Doc files cannot be viewed in a preview that is annoying because we have to download all the time the document, review it and upload them again.
Poor Mobile experience, Mixed browser compatibility, Minimalist UI, Buggy.
If you forget to click it before dragging files over, you will lose your place, and have to go back in your browser. You cannot preview / scroll through multiple search results.

MS

Michael S.

Director of Research and Innovation

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Only File Sharing Service That Does What We Want

Transcript

Michael S.: Hi, my name is Mike. I'm the director of research and innovation, and I would give Filecamp...

PB

Peyton B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Game changer for marketing agencies

This has been a great tool for approving, sharing and storing assets. Now that we've been using for close to a year, it has become part of our daily routines!

Pros

I love how simple it is to share assets with team members as well as with clients who don't have filecamp accounts. We also love the ability to store all of our assets and label them for easy access when needed!

Cons

We've run into some issues with the storage amount. Although, after we cleaned out files we no longer needed and were good to go!

Hi Peyton Thanks! You need to empty your Trash in order to release the storage. Read more: https://filecamp.com/support/trash/ or contact us and we'll look into it.

BH

Betsy H.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Great File Manager for the money

This is a great repository for all our image files. We can categorize based on project type and image styles, etc. The customer service is EXCEPTIONAL. When I have had a question (big or small), I have gotten an immediate response...literally within a few minutes...and it is always a very detailed, helpful answer.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use, both in setting up the platform for my company and the interface/search capabilities for our users. Now our staff can locate image files on their own. It is helpful too, that we can add to our storage limits on the fly if needed.

Cons

The uploading and tagging is a bit clunky...but it has already been improved since we started using FileCamp, and is easier than before.

Thanks a lot, Betsy. Great to have you on board.

GH

Gemma H.

Music, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

A good entry level file sharing solution that is only a few tweaks away from being excellent.

The tweaks described above haven't had a huge impact on what we use it for, which is sending out statements to clients and hosting a holding place for any and all historic documents we've sent to them. The alternative is to send out these files one by one by email. Customer service and support have been speedy and very helpful.

Pros

It's a clean, easy to customise site that looks impressive to the client, and does the basics perfectly.

Cons

the clean interface is sometimes a little too clean - a little more assurance via a big 'action saved'! box can be very helpful. There are some features, such as the sharing options, that are confusing to start with but once you learn how it functions they make sense. Some fine-tuning of the user experience would help this. There are also occasional, minor bugs or slow reaction times from the site.

Thanks, Gemma :) And I can assure you that we are doing all we can to make those few tweaks in future updates.

GS

George Stuart A.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

I'm off to camp!!

Well priced software, with great features and storage capacity. uploading a bit frustrating, but that has been my experience with other file managers. file thumbnails is a godsend to quickly grab a document/file you are after

Pros

This product is a great 'warehouse' for my work files, keeping them in order with the facility to access them via quick search functions is excellent

Cons

It is an issue with most file manager, file sharing applications that the uploading of files can be a little unintuitive. But i think this is less of an issue with Filecamp than previous experiences I have had with the likes of dropbox.

Thanks, George! We have plans on refining the upload experience. So stay tuned!

AT

Andy T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Non-profits, you search stops here!

I'm still fairly new to it, but it is very intuitive, and I love the ability to white page it to match our branding.

Pros

Filecamp has helped us in 3 key ways: 1. It has filled the gap as our Digital Asset Management solution 2. It provides a way to receive incoming file from our team of global volunteer team members. 3. It is well priced and not out of reach for a small non-profit yet will grow with us.

Cons

I'd love more flexibility on the image upload information input fields.

Thanks, Andy. Great to have you on board!

SM

Szana M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great DAM software! Supersedes dropbox by FAR!

Pros

I love the ease of setup and use. Great product! Very intuitive. Blows dropbox out of the water!

Cons

No negative feedback

Thanks for the kind words, Szana!

PT

Philip T.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

FILECAMP overview

Over the three plus years we have been using Filecamp it has been great. We have not had any problems and has provided an economical solution for our business model.

Pros

Our Staff and users find it easy to use.

Cons

We love FileCamp our staff and customers have not found any difficulties.

Thanks, Philip. Great to have you onboard!

BF

Brian F.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Easy, easy, easy, what every customer wants.

We needed a file sharing software that was simple, easy to use, easily scaleable and cost effective.

Pros

Our customers don't get harassed about signing up for a paid account.

Cons

Sometimes our customers have had problems dragging and dropping files.

Thanks for your input, Brian!

JL

John L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Filecamp is powerful, simple to use, great value for money

Excellent. Support is the best we have seen from any 'software as a service' product, and we use lots.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of set-up and of use. There is no complexities to it. Easy share files, based on permissions. You can brand as your own. Support responses are quick and helpful. It's also inexpensive - a low monthly fee. There are no contracts, either. It's a great model for both Filecamp and for us. Great for them, because they must know that users are going to stay on-board. We will!

Cons

We like everything about it. We opted for the basic version because it has everything we need.. for now. There are some extra features we would like, that are in their more advanced versions, but for now very pleased with what we have.

Thanks, John :)

HC

Hans C.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Filecamp - Extremely Satisfactorily Product

My overall experience is highly positive and am very satisfied with the product. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

Very well designed interface that’s easy to use and professional appearance that’s easy customizable in a user friendly way.

Cons

I would like to be able to have the ability to have live chat conversations with users and receive notifications when I receive an instant message or when a user uploads something to the platform.

Thanks, Hans! Great to have you on board. Live chat within Filecamp is not a feature request we have heard of before and is therefore not likely to be implemented in near future, sorry.

SI

Saad I.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Simple and Budget Friendly file share and DRM system.

Pros

Easy to use solution that is priced competitively.

Cons

The UX is outdated and should be updated.

Thanks for your feedback, Saad. We are working on a UX update ... so stay tuned!

CP

Chris P.

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Need a DAM to get started? This is the one!

Pros

We were desperately in need of a DAM, but wanted to avoid the high price tags and complex setup prices. Filecamp gave us the features we needed without complexity or high price.

Cons

It's going to have a lot less features than other DAMs, but if you're looking for something entry level like we were, then that will hardly seem like a loss.

Thanks Chris :)

MC

Michael C.

Packaging and Containers, 201-500 employees

Filecamp is THE best deal for Digital Asset Management

We now have a centralized and managed place where digital assets can reside and we can control who has access to what. It's a tool that is used by multiple departments, yet each one can have their own area of control. It also replaced the file sharing service that we used, Filecamp handles it all for us.

Pros

Filecamp is very affordable, yet offers a lot of great features. I've been pushing my company to take the plunge into Filecamp for a couple of years. We've looked at other options, but for our needs, they were just too expensive. Filecamp is a great balance of cost effective and power. For our purposes, it's a perfect fit.

Cons

I suggest that metadata is added to the files, before they are uploaded to Filecamp. While there is a method to add it there, it's a little clunky, due to the nature of the web interface. Not really an issue with Filecamp, in my opinion, just doing the right job with the right tool. Add your metadata while still in your desktop application or use a tool like Adobe Bridge to do it right.

Thanks Michael :)

HC

Helen C.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Filecamp as a content manager

This is a great product for storing and managing files - our organisation uses it for images and other media content. It accommodates multiple users and allows sharing in a well-organised layout.

Pros

The product is easy to use and manage, with very little time needed to learn about the system. UX is very intuitive and files are well presented and organised. The AI tagging feature is pretty good.

Cons

It does have some issues with ease of use - for example you can't save files directly from an email or other program into Filecamp. Instead you have to save the files into Explorer and then into the site. The AI tagging option would also be greatly improved if you could apply it over all photos in one folder as well.

Thanks, Helen🙏You can actually apply auto-tags to all photos in a folder. Read more: https://filecamp.com/support/auto-tags/#bulk-auto-tag

JH

Joseph H.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Versatile and Applicable

Pros

- The use of tags to easily locate photos and videos - Bulk actions - Customer service

Cons

There isn’t anything that I dislike about Filecamp

Thanks Joseph, happy to have you onboard.

ED

Edward D.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Easy to use, feature rich and excellent value for money

Significantly reduced 3rd-party asset requests by making assets readily available with easy to manage permissions.

Pros

Offers features that are only available MUCH more expensive DAM systems. Excellent storage options, highly customisable with great options for applying branding and great pricing.

Cons

User interface is not the best, but manageable once you get used to it.

Thanks Edward! We are constantly working on improving and refining the UI :)

SG

Simon G.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

The perfect solution for our asset management needs

Pros

Easy setup, intuitive interface, excellent user administration and great sharing options.

Cons

Integration with existing wordpress website would be ideal, linking our existing wholesale, distributors seamlessly to the files they require without leaving our website.

Thanks Simon! More integration options will come with a future update.

MS

Mary S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Easy-peasy

We are volunteers who call ourselves "advocates" meaning we wish to promote the entity we support, a non-profit. Filecamp is affordable for our shoe-string budget, accessible to any with the password and valuable to meet just what we were looking for.

Pros

Very easy to use, Filecamp meets a particular need for our group of volunteers to share files used in promotions. Intuitive, so that a novice or casual user can navigate to find what they want and even technophobes can handle the admin tasks. It has a large storage capacity for the many photo files we have and most importantly for us, it is searchable and displays the content visually.

Cons

This is just a personal peeve. I do search the file often and wish the search bar would refresh with each search and not retain the last word searched. That one extra little step to delete the previous search term is an annoyance.

Thanks Mary

FH

Filiep H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Nice product - easy to use and good amount of features

We have a good tool to deliver and storage our end products towards and for our customers.

Pros

It is simple, not too much features. Nu useless features.

Cons

The interfaces is not always easy to handle / understand

Thanks, Filiep. It's actually a secret, but we are working on a UI/UX update now, that will make many things more intuitive.

JH

Julie H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great small business solution

My client has multiple users with different levels of permission. Filecamp is great because I can set up each group of people with their own access. I also love the ability to apply an expiration date because with this client, I need to keep things current. I also appreciate the ability to tag a search, which is really helpful when you have hundreds of assets.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that I have to upload files and then go back, find them, and add things like expiration date. It would be nice if I could do all that when I upload. I also have not found a "select all" option to apply the same information to multiple assets.

Thanks Julie :) P.S. You can use our "Edit Multiple files" option to apply the same information to multiple assets.

AT

Angie T.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Good Data Asset Management software

Pros

I found that Filecamp was easy to stand up and intergrade with our system and it houses all of our current assets well. New team members can easily find things and everyone else is getting used to new processes as we go.

Cons

The search feature could be a little more robust.

Thanks Angie, and we have noticed your feedback regarding our search feature.

MM

Mark M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Filecamp is a great value for the money

Very good at storing, sharing and tagging marketing assets including pdf's, graphics, videos, PowerPoints etc.

Pros

Filecamp was inexpensive, quick and easy to deploy, and it met our requirements for document management and sharing. We also like Google Drive but we it was easier for us to add users outside of our company with Filecamp. no need to have a Google account. We also had issues with Google Drive when trying to allow access to people in some Asian countries.

Cons

Inability to create a Collection that would appear and apply across multiple users.

Thanks, Mark ... really appreciate your feedback!

LB

Lucas B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Amazing Tool

Pros

It is a great solution to share and manage files for my costumers. In addition the customisation possibilities it's awesome to create a branded experience to clients.

Cons

User interface could be more friendly and be improved.

Thanks Lucas. Stay tuned ... a UI/UX update will be released within a few weeks.

KO

Kathy O.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Filecamp Simco-Ion, Technology Group

This will be a good tool for our channel partners, distributors and reps to get access to our images, docs, videos, etc.

Pros

The ease of use, functionality, easy to learn, bulk action tool.

Cons

Permissions might be an issue for some users.

Thanks Kathy :)

JM

Jane M.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Just what we needed

Great! Helpful team and great software

Pros

After searching through many different softwares and realising that they did not have the features that we needed, we found Filecamp. It was just what we needed and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick and helpful in replying to emails and helping us get set up.

Cons

So far there is not anything. The team are very willing to accept feedback and consider new features and so not really any cons at the moment.

Thanks, Jane