Unbounce Reviews

4.59/5 (181 reviews)

Hristian Kambourov

Best Landing Page Builder on the Market

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Overall, I'm very happy with Unbounce. One of the better SaaS products that are worth every penny.

Pros
I've been using Unbounce for over 5+ years now. In that time frame, I've tried pretty much all LP builders and can say with certainty that Unbounce is by far the best. Even a complicated PSD design or a Sketch artboard can be implemented as a live page in a few hours. Pixel perfect every time. Speedy pages and now with AMP support, there is really no alternative.

Cons
If you are new to Unbounce, it can take a bit of time to get used to the builder but even for someone with no experience that would be half an hour or an hour. After that,​ it becomes an indispensable tool in your landing page optimization tool belt. My agency has done a lot of custom coding when clients need special features. You can't have a software that does everything you might ever want. It's simply not feasible​ but I can see how that can be a con for someone. Reporting and analysis could use a bit of an update but you should always push your data to GA anyway. At the end of the day, you go with the tool that works best for you and after I've tried all of them - Unbounce still rains as king.

Response from Unbounce

Thank you so much Hristian ?

You have been an incredibly valuable and all together amazing member of our community over the years so thank you for taking the time to write this up and share your experiences!

You know where to reach us if you have any further feedback on how we can improve, and looking forward to seeing what else you and the Revise team will be cooking up in the conversion kitchen.

Jen & The Unbounce Team

Jordan Daley

Who knew spinning up landing pages could be this easy?

Reviewed 2019-08-04

Easy to unboard (i.e. great learning docs), easy to implement and great customer support. Keep doing your thing, Unbounce!

Pros
As a non-designer, I'm a marketing analytics professional, it was always simple to spin up landing pages by either making one from scratch or by using one of their pre-made templates. One of my companies designers was even surprised to find out that I made one of the landing pages that we tested for a marketing campaign- that's how you know that this is an amazing marketing solution.

Cons
Price-point. Unbounce is more targeted at enterprises, rather than for mom and pop shops.

Response from Unbounce

Thank you Jordan! Appreciate the kudos and congratulations on building some amazing landing pages . Glad we were able to help you bring your campaign visions to life.

Cheers and happy converting,

Caleb Baitz

Excellent drag & drop creation of landing pages

Reviewed 2018-11-15

Unbounce has allowed us to create hyper-targeted landing pages with verbiage and images tailored to the user based off any parameter we need. This has made for a more personal and relevant experience for our users, and thus helped us generate more leads and close more sales. It's a critical tool for online marketers looking to target their efforts and drive conversions.

Pros
The Unbounce editor is an incredible interface for any person to easily create a very custom, responsive landing page. You can literally drag & drop, click and drag, or start from a beautiful template. This ease of design--and responsive speed--makes it a breeze to set up landing pages with minimal technical knowledge. You also get a great value because you can create opt-in forms, notification bars, and pop-ups very easily. It integrates with just about every software out there, so it's easy to immediately push subscriber data to other software programs.

Cons
The most restrictive feature of Unbounce is that it doesn't have "evergreen" scheduled content. For example, if I wanted to set up a recurring webinar (once per week), I would have to update the same landing page every week with new dates or create separate landing pages. The same goes for sales and events. It would be great to have evergreen content features built in, as well as timing-related features, like countdown clocks to create a sense of urgency on the landing page.

Unbounce Is Great

Reviewed 2019-10-05

Unbounce has performed really for our agency and I like how easy it is to use.

Pros
I really like how easy it is to use! I am not a designer by any means but I can use all the tools Unbounce offers to put together a decent landing page. You can change colors, buttons, looks, etc. The platform really does give us the chance to create customized landing pages. Also: Unbounce is on top of it when their pages go down. They have a URL you can check with status updates on any platform crashes which is so helpful to me AND it gives me information I can communicate with my clients about.

Cons
The most annoying thing about Unbounce is when you use a form confirmation dialogue box you have to re-implement any pixels or tracking code you have set up on the landing page for dialogue box. I wish that the baseline pixel code would be automatically placed so I could just add the conversion tracking code. It's minor but it makes me so mad whenever I have to manually install code on the page.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for taking the time to review us! So glad to hear that you've found Unbounce easy to use and edit for your clients. In regards to your issues with tracking codes, our developers recommend that you setup tracking pixels using script manager / global scripts on the domain and targetting all content instead of copy/pasting them on to each page. This should solve your form confirmation dialogue box issue. Here's a link to some helpful documentation: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203879070-Using-Custom-JavaScript-and-CSS-on-Your-Landing-Page#content4

Specifically, you should try the customize setting "Included on: All."

Cheers and happy converting,

Kristen Hay

Can't live without Unbounce!

Reviewed 2017-06-27

Unbounce is one of our primary tools for bringing in marketing qualified leads. Our Unbounce pages direct qualified traffic to our lead forms. The Unbounce pages are designed to specifically help with conversions so we end up bringing in more marketing qualified leads to pass off to our sales team. We've also been able to streamline our onboarding process by creating a series of landing pages that seamlessly walk new customers through the process. It's also nice to be able to hide these pages from search engines.

Pros
When I say I can't live without Unbounce, I mean it. I'm in the software creating new pages or making updates almost every day. I love how customizable and easy Unbounce is to use. It helps us create attractive, niche pages and is so simple to use. Not only that, but even adding in custom Javascript for smooth scrolling on my pages was a breeze. The customer support rep I talked to was super helpful in explaining the simple process. The mobile preview version is also a great feature because I can hide content that wouldn't be necessary on the mobile version of the page.

Cons
There isn't much I would change with this product. Creating and designing landing pages is really easy to pick up without any training. However, I do wish there was an easier way to set up 301 redirects without needing custom Javascript.

Paola Peralta

Impressive landing pages in seconds!

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Using it to deliver targeted landing pages for my own photography company and a number of clients who work with us in our marketing efforts.

Pros
Hands down, the best features of this solution are its ease of use and elegant and simple design templates. I have no coding knowledge whatsoever, but thanks to this I manage to deliver 4+ targeted landing pages A WEEK, focusing the bulk of my time on research and strategy as opposed to fighting to have it look like what I have in my mind. I totally eliminated the need for a middleman (sorry, designers!), which makes incredibly easy to try new element positionings, colors, etc. Now I can figure all of it myself. Plus, the template galleries are beautiful and act as a great start because item placeholders are not randomly thrown in place but actually come from conversion-tested models. Other than the design, this tool has made it incredibly easy for me to handle domains, sub-domains, and URL redirections without going through much of a learning curve. The reporting and analytics tools are also very helpful and easy to understand. I love it.

Cons
It can be a bit on the pricey side, but still, it is worth every penny. Sometimes, as there are so many different features, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for. Luckily, the help section is quite complete and straightforward. The only difficulty I ever encountered with this tool was when I tried adding a video on a page to show on mobile, but it wouldn't be properly displayed. I ended up solving it by embedding from youtube, which was easy as pie.

Jango van Dun

Quick and easy drag and drop webpage builder

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-10

Customers are sometimes hesitant to implement (CRO) changes to their website, especially when we advice to change a lot of things. Unbounce gives the opportunity to design and make our suggested changes and test them without having to change the actual site of the customer. This lead to more sales of CRO and webbuild/-design projects after doing an Unbounce trajectory.

Pros
It's easy to use and implement for our customers. The drag and drop system feels intuitive. Integration within the overall website is easy and the tracking possibilities are (once you figure it out) good.

Cons
The impact on changes made in the desktop versions of the pages you make often makes the mobile page go totally wrong, different than expected. Unbounce makes an automatic translation of the destop pages you make to mobile, I think this could be done better. It takes up a lot of time to fix the mobile page and you are actually making 2 pages per page you make.

Response from Unbounce

HI Jango, thanks for all your feedback, we really appreciate it! Good to hear that you're liking the drag-and-drop functionality. We know that mobile pages can be a bit finicky, we will pass your thoughts on to the team for review.

Unbounce for Lead Generation

Reviewed 2019-04-14

Unbounce is a great tool that I’d recommend to people if they are focused solely on landing page design and lead generation. Don’t use it to piece together a full site as that’s not its purpose. This is aimed at marketers.

Pros
Unbounce variant testing is very strong and easy to change on the fly. The design components are true drag and drop and there are a lot of well designed templates to get started from. If you can’t find what you want there it is easy to purchase a bundle of other designs for a small fee.

Cons
The way billing is set up was based around how many site visitors you received. At one point, we were paying quite a large sum to Unbounce on a monthly basis because we were running large amounts of traffic for a client.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for reviewing us!

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the team. Keep on converting ¿

Anonymous

A Marketer with the ability to do everything start to finish

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros
From the templates available on Unbounce (which are categorized according to how they would be best fit) to the ease of use and ingenuity of Unbounce itself, this is a no brainer for a small marketing team. I am able to create the concept myself of the type of campaign and landing page that I would like to start with. Then I create the landing page (and even utilize the testing concepts for 2 landing pages), connect it to my email provider so that I can start to collect email addresses and leads and then execute the whole campaign. Unbounce is perfect! Unbounce is able to be integrated with a number of other applications.

Cons
It is important to keep in mind that the landing pages are responsive - so any change made to the desktop version will also carry over to mobile and vice versa. This can be confusing for a novice.

Response from Unbounce

Thank you so much! Really happy to see that Unbounce is able to help you ease the workload for your small marketing team and that you've been able to execute quickly on things.

Let us know if you have any further feedback, questions, or comments.

Abel Babalola

Unbounce is a landing page platform totally worth checking out!

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Pros
I worked mainly with WordPress, before advanced plugins for building landing pages for wordpress like Elementor, Thrive Landing Page builder, Breezy came into the play, software like Instapage, Unbounce were the rave back then and I can say, I did test them all.. Even Leadpages. Unbounce was like any other with its neat UI, organized dashboard and less problematic. Unbounce offers many options to build a high converting landing page. Its quite easy to use, and fairly newbie friendly. The available features like popups, sticky bars, are part of what makes it a landing page platform worth checking out especially for SaaS companies.

Cons
Unbounce is a nice platform except its not small business friendly in terms of pricing, and its easier to just use a WordPress plugin if you work mostly with WordPress.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Abel! Happy to hear that you're getting value from the builder as well as our popups and stickybars features.

Anonymous

I love unbounce, there's very little you CAN'T do

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Easy, flexible software to create beautiful landing pages for clients

Pros
Is very easy to get the hang of, and the templates provided are top notch, or you can start completely from scratch. There's not much you can't do, you can add custom js, css to add features such as a sticky header or slideshows. There are tons of tutorials online and they're easy to follow. It's super flexible and I don't feel limited by it, unlike other drag and drop landing page builders. It has enough flexibility for a pro, but is easy enough that anyone can do it. Conversion tracking is also easy to set up

Cons
It can be annoying to have to fix up the mobile responsive side, I find that to be very time consuming. The layout assistant helps a little to rearrange out, but a lot you have to do manually, and it can take some time. Also the elements are connected, so if I want text to be center aligned on mobile (which I usually do) then I have to copy the text, hide the old one on the mobile side, hide the new one on the desktop side and then it's fine but it's annoying.

Yoav Guttman

EASIEST WAY TO GET LANDING PAGES UP AND RUNNING

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Makes it easy to create landing pages to support our marketing content.

Pros
Incredibly customizable with great templates and soooooo easy to use. It makes going to development a non-issue when we have the power in our hands.

Cons
It would be great to see an integration with Salesforce so that you can generate a page or embed data from Salesforce or Marketo onto a page dynamically.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for taking the time to review us and provide such detailed feedback, Yoav!

Really happy to hear that Unbounce is providing a quick and easy solution for your LP needs. As for integrating with Salesforce and Marketo, this feature is available on our Premium plans and above, but a good workaround if you're on Essential, is to use Zapier.

Hope that helps and if you have further questions, please give us a holler at support@unbounce.com.

Subash Bidare

Build & Test Landing Pages With Ease

Reviewed 2018-04-28

Easy to use Landing page building & A/B testing platform.

Pros
It's easy to use with lots of features to your landing page really awesome. The A/B testing functionality helps is testing out different variations of the landing pages. It provides easy copy paste functionality between landing pages and you can create blocks which can be used repetitively across landing pages. There are a lot of templates on offer which makes it easy for content decisions for the landing page as well. The best of all is that you can do all this without knowing any coding skills.

Cons
The conversion tracking can be tricky - especially when implemented with through Google Tag Manager. And advanced tracking like events need a custom implementation & doesn't work out of the main integration which makes it very cumbersome. Even we had issues with data from page variants not having full data on Google Analytics especially no bounce stats were available on the account, which makes it difficult to understand what is happening on the pages to make conversion rate improvements for the landing page variants.

Josh Gilardi

Awesome drag-and-drop page builder with some flaws

Reviewed 2018-04-29

The ability to create a landing page without the knowledge of HTML, CSS or javascript.

Pros
- The platform interface is quite simple but if you're looking to get more advanced, it is more confusing. - Great community area to help answer questions. A lot of their backend employees hop on there and pump out new features, special coding hacks or answer technical questions. - A/B testing is available and you can assign a certain percentage to each page. - Drag-and-drop is so easy and simple to use with lots of features to add to the page - Customer service is great. I usually check the community pages first, then email their staff to get answers quite promptly. - Adding custom code is nice to little animations or their script manager allows you to add universal elements to pages.

Cons
- Can't use SVGs without using a workaround - Workarounds seem to be a consistent answer for the lack of a feature for their product - AMP pages are just now tested but competitors seem to have AMP pages already - Can't delete single leads from all leads. If you need to test something you can't remove yourself from the leads. - Reporting graph doesn't give you the capability to gauge what's going on.

Anonymous

Decent interface with big limitations, poor uptime, and awful support

Reviewed 2019-05-16

Unfortunately we're stuck there for now but definitely looking to move when convenient to do so!

Pros
The interface is very simple so any member of the team is able to create landing pages. They have integrations with Zapier that allow us to feed information between landing pages and CRMs.

Cons
Oh boy. First of all, they promise 99% uptime but their reliability is actually quite bad and they don't warn their customers when there is downtime (I presume because they hope they can fix before we notice). Their code rendering has big limitations. For example, simply styling a bullet is a massive chore. They also don't support many basic functions (tabs, collapsible pages, etc.) Anytime you have an issue with something, their support is slow and pretty unhelpful. An actual quote from a support agent: "we are not designers, so there is just so much we can support when it comes to custom code" -- this is simply because I was trying to change an ordered list from numerals to lower alphabetic, but their code rendering was not allowing this. Similarly, when trying to create a collapsible page, Unbounce support initially refused to help (despite providing the code). Their support is very slow and will take minutes to reply to a chat, but if you take more than a min or so to reply they'll close the chat assuming you're not there. Sorry if I don't stare at a screen waiting for a support person who takes forever to respond waiting for the response so I can respond right away. Oh - and remember how I talked about poor uptime? Never once has Unbounce offered compensation for losses caused by their terrible uptime.

Response from Unbounce

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for speaking candidly about your experiences using Unbounce.

To address some of your concerns, over last 90 days we have maintained a 99.98 % uptime according to https://status.unbounce.com/. However, we understand that any downtime is a serious issue for our customers and we're always working to continuously improve this number. If we do experience significant issues, our top priorities are to notify customers to stop sending paid traffic to their pages and mitigate the damage.

In terms of our support, since customs scripts are not a built-in supported product feature, Unbounce is unable to support or guarantee these codes. However, we do have a robust community where our experts and members are happy to help: http://community.unbounce.com. In addition, if chat isn't the best way for you to receive support, we also offer phone and email.

Hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion around our processes.

Jennifer

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Anonymous

Great starting point for landing pages.

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Pros
Unbounce is incredibly easy to use and allows for great-looking landing pages to be made in a matter of minutes. The templates are also very intuitive so someone completely new to online marketing can be up and running in a few hours.

Cons
Unbounce does not offer too many features for testing the effectiveness of landing pages. Outside of the regular A/B testing there is little you can do to measure audience engagement. The starting plan is also quite large (up to 75 pages) meaning someone who is just starting out will still be hit with a heavy fee.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We're very excited to hear that you're finding Unbounce easy to use.

If you're looking for more tools/resources to help optimize your landing pages, we have Landing Page Analyzer that you can test out here: https://unbounce.com/landing-page-analyzer/ and there's also a section in our Community where you can drop in your LP and others can provide feedback: https://community.unbounce.com/c/landing-page-feedback

Mark H

Unbounce *literally* changed our agency for the better.

Reviewed 2016-02-21

We were one of those agencies who set the destination URL of all ad campaigns of our clients to www.client.com - seriously. Why? Because it was so frign hard to deal with developers (of all types of IQs) of clients. One time, we had to deal with a "my wife's brothers son designed our site so we're going to have to seek his approval". I died. He actually wouldn't make some changes because he thought it's against the tao of web design that he mastered in all of his 17 years of life on earth. How cute. Eventually we had to say bye to that client, but that's another story. Then we came across Unbounce who not only had a kickass app to easily make landing pages, but had a team that passionately guided you through it if you ever felt there's a hurdle. Now, I'm not sure what Unbounce compares against and there's probably a zillion other landing page apps - but I will guarantee you, you will not find support like Unbounce anywhere else. They are quick, and almost always with the right answer in the first reply. You might be the McGyver of all web apps and might think "support? what's that?", but believe me - there will come a time. Pros: 1) Ultra kick-ass support. 2) Community driven - yes, your feedback and feature requests will be heard. 3) That dude Oli, he's rockstarring the interwebs with the 4 corners of conversion. I mean, why not use the software the guy co-founded? Two birds in one stone yeah? Everyone else talks about his prophecies, but they don't have a tool to implement them. 4) If creativity is out for the holidays (it's ok, happens to everyone), and you don't like the gatrillion themes they already have for you to download (pre-geared for success btw), go buy a theme that is submitted by Unbounce users! Cons: 1) They don't have a cape, because they ought to. 2) Their newer support staff better hurry up and fill those big shoes the 'legacy' support staff left.

Anonymous

Effective and easy-to-learn landing page builder

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Pros
Unbounce offers countless possibilities built right into the software that allow you to make the perfect landing page. It's pretty easy to get the hang of and very easy to customize the look of your page. Adding scripts is also quite simple, as well as integrating forms into lead tracking and email. You don't need any prior website-building experience to be able to create a professional and functional landing page using Unbounce. The simple A/B testing feature is the cherry on top!

Cons
If you want to add some special features to your landing page, that takes a little more time, experience, and perhaps a bit of script/code knowledge. Adding javascript for simple things (like conversion tracking or creating a floating header) is quite simple, but making something even like a photo carousel or pop-up box is more difficult and requires some digging to find a javascript that works. Certainly not a huge problem, but this could be a hurdle for beginners!

Response from Unbounce

Thanks so much for the awesome review! Appreciate your feedback and excited that you're loving the Unbounce Sundae (with the cherry on top ¿).

Anonymous

Unbounce for easy landing pages

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
Unbounce has lots of built-in features that make landing pages simple. Sometimes it's too messy to build landing pages in an existing website. Landing pages need to be simple, fast, and measurable. So when you need to use a 3rd party service, Unbounce is a great option. They have premade templates that can be used as-is or re-skinned to match company branding. Or you can start from scratch with something totally custom. The most valuable part of landing pages is measuring and iterating by using A/B testing. Unbounce gives you easy access to metrics so you can do experiments to see which layout and text performs the best. That translates to more money earned and better insights on customers.

Cons
Styling and custom fonts can be a little tedious to set up. It's also a bit expensive, and if you want to have a URL as a subdomain of your regular website URL, it takes some server configuration.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for taking the time to give us all of this great feedback! We really appreciate the level of detail here and are so happy you're seeing value in our A/B testing, metrics, and ROI.

You'll also be pleased to know that we have been updating our font system and have included even more within the builder. Please continue to reach out to our support team if you have any issues and we're always here and happy to lend a hand.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Super simple to use, impressive results!

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Used it to create landing pages for a lead capturing campaign.

Pros
I am able to produce the highest quality landing pages with this tool, being someone that knows close to nothing about web design. I am able to see exactly what the page is going to look like as I'm building it, and the templates that come with the tool are very elegant and well thought. I had a couple of issues putting things together and questions about how to edit sections, and every question I sent to the customer support team got answered right away. This is, by far, one of the EASIEST website building tools I've ever seen, and the results are far better than I imagined! My boss even thought that I knew what I was doing once she saw the landing page I put together!

Cons
There's one minor thing that took me a bit of time to figure out and get used to; every time I made changes on my page from the desktop version, I had to go back to the phone version and edit it as well, as they seem to be dependent on each other in that direction. However, if I switched something on the phone version the desktop version remained the same. This is the only minor detail that I found not to be ideal. The platform is otherwise very easy to use and learn.

Sasha (Wood)

Great Software I use this daily in my business

Reviewed 2019-09-24

The longer I sue the software the easier it is to create landing pages that convert and I am able to track how my pages are converting and split test the pages and how well they run. Its great software.

Pros
Extremely easy to use , support is very fast and helpful. Landing pages are professional and great looking. Easy to create landing pages that are user friendly on mobile devices.

Cons
Initially it took some getting used to how to move and distribute photos and text and have it carry over onto the mobile display.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Sasha, Thank you SO much for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. The entire team appreciates your feedback and we're thrilled that Unbounce has been able to help you and your business convert faster!

Nicholas Scalice

Nothing beats Unbounce for landing page design and testing

Reviewed 2017-02-22

I've used pretty much ALL of the landing page builders out there, and while my preferences have changed over the years, there's nothing I like better (or use more frequently) than Unbounce. Everything about their tool is top-notch, from the drag-and-drop editor, to their new popovers tool, to their easy-to-use A/B testing tool and more. And on top of that, they are always super helpful when I have to contact support. I also like the community forums and the ways you can modify your pages with scripts, custom codes, and pretty much accomplish anything you need. Unbounce is something I use every day and it has saved me so much time.

Pros
Easiest drag-and-drop page builder on the market

Elisa Palombo

A great tool for creating inviting and attractive landing pages

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-11

I have been using Unbounce for 2 years and it helped me obtain many leads in a comfortable way. I have no coding skills, but with Unbounce I can create nice landing pages full of functionalities just by using the tools available in their editor. I strongly suggest it for setting up marketing campaigns in a simple and quick way.

Pros
Unbounce is an advantageous conversion platform to be used in every marketing campaigns. It allows creating attractive landing pages and banners that both inform and seduce customers. It easy to use: you can set up your pages effortless without coding knowledge. The intuitive dashboard offers a wide range of tools to customize the visual aspect and the functionalities of the landing pages. You can easily manage the desktop and mobile appearances by selecting the elements to be shown in the different views. You can add images, create conversion buttons personalizing colors and shapes. You can make A/B tests to monitor the results of different copy and graphic design. You can easily check the performances of your campaign directly in Unbounce’s dashboard.

Cons
The customization options are enough for beginners, maybe a little bit restrictive for designers. There are many features available and for this reason, sometimes it could be difficult to find the one your looking for. Videos are not perfectly optimized for mobile view. The price is a little bit high.

Mark Neale

The cream of the crop for building landing pages

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Improved conversion rates for my client.

Pros
Unbounce has a great interface to allow users with no coding knowledge to build effective landing pages. There is a good selection of templates and the option to start with a blank page. There are great features pop up windows and sticky navs to be able to promote content.

Cons
There are some chepaer competitors outhere however they do not seem to have the support community that Unbounce does.

Anonymous

I have been using Unbounce for around 2 years now to create and implement landing pages.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

It is an efficient tool for creating landing pages and making updates that are published in real time.

Pros
I love the dynamic features involved within Unbounce and the ability to create optimal mobile versions. Creating campaigns using landing pages, that are easily connected to other tools like MailChimp, makes make work seamless.

Cons
The ability to upload videos for showing on Mobile is very difficult if not altogether not possible.