Unbounce Reviews

Pros

Using their amazing features you can create attractive and converting landingpages that will bring more traffic to your lead/offer.

Chimezie C.

With Unbounce, it was easy creating landing pages, who perform best on mobiles. It has a great template gallery, that you can customize as you wish.

Flavia A.

All of this is extremely easy to do within the interface. I also like that integrating Unbounce with software like Mailchimp/Constant Contact is quick and easy.

Chris H.

Cons

The lack of integration with Pardot. Because there wasn't to utilize Pardot forms, we struggled to utilize this product.

Dan L.

Some customizations were difficult to do and going back and forth between the desktop version and the mobile version can be a pain.

Kristina M.

Simple expected things stop working. Overall is a mediocre tool that will drive you crazy.

Who knew spinning up landing pages could be this easy?

Easy to unboard (i.e. great learning docs), easy to implement and great customer support. Keep doing your thing, Unbounce!

Pros

As a non-designer, I'm a marketing analytics professional, it was always simple to spin up landing pages by either making one from scratch or by using one of their pre-made templates. One of my companies designers was even surprised to find out that I made one of the landing pages that we tested for a marketing campaign- that's how you know that this is an amazing marketing solution.

Cons

Price-point. Unbounce is more targeted at enterprises, rather than for mom and pop shops.

Thank you Jordan! Appreciate the kudos and congratulations on building some amazing landing pages . Glad we were able to help you bring your campaign visions to life. Cheers and happy converting, Jen

Amazing tool, but a little pricey

Fast and easy to create landing pages, with a great amount of possibilities to integrate with other tools.

Pros

Huge amount of possible integrations, easy to use, robust.

Cons

A little expensive, for Brazilians with such a devalued currency.

Hi Thiago, thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate your feedback. Cheers and happy converting, Jen

unbounce

Always good. There always aren't enough templates, but that is always a problem with these systems.

Pros

I have used Word for years and have always been delighted about the editnig similarities between unbounce and Word.

Cons

very little. The support is good. And as an occasional but persistent user, I sometimes need help and they are good at it.

Decent interface with big limitations, poor uptime, and awful support

Unfortunately we're stuck there for now but definitely looking to move when convenient to do so!

Pros

The interface is very simple so any member of the team is able to create landing pages. They have integrations with Zapier that allow us to feed information between landing pages and CRMs.

Cons

Oh boy. First of all, they promise 99% uptime but their reliability is actually quite bad and they don't warn their customers when there is downtime (I presume because they hope they can fix before we notice). Their code rendering has big limitations. For example, simply styling a bullet is a massive chore. They also don't support many basic functions (tabs, collapsible pages, etc.) Anytime you have...

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review us and for speaking candidly about your experiences using Unbounce. To address some of your concerns, over last 90 days we have maintained a 99.98 % uptime according to https://status.unbounce.com/. However, we understand that any downtime is a serious issue for our customers and we're always working to continuously improve this number. If we do...

A solid platform to create landing pages, popups and much more

Pros

Of all the Unbounce brings to the table, my favorite one is, undoubtedly, the landing page templates. Whether you're building your very first landing page or your 50th, you can build it from scratch or tap into Unbounce's impressive library of 100+ templates you can select and customize in any way you want. And once you've found a concept that you really like, you can even save and duplicate that page so that you'll speed up the creation of other landing pages in the future!

Cons

As always, when using a platform, you're "playing" within its borders... For me, even though I'm a fan of using and customizing templates, I sometimes feel as if it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more customization abilities.

Easy and useful

In general, the experience is good and it allows you to create visually beautiful and mobile optimized landing pages.

Pros

It allows you to personalize every detail of the landing page without knowing HTML, CSS...

Cons

Some features need a bit of coding and we have to use external forms (HubSpot forms) because the ones with Unbounce have very limited options.

Hi Ana, Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback! Good to hear that overall, Unbounce is working for you and your team! In the future, if you have form troubles, please don't hesitate to reach out to Support or explore the existing workarounds that are published in the Unbounce Community. Cheers and happy converting! Jen

Quick and easy drag and drop webpage builder

Customers are sometimes hesitant to implement (CRO) changes to their website, especially when we advice to change a lot of things. Unbounce gives the opportunity to design and make our suggested changes and test them without having to change the actual site of the customer. This lead to more sales of CRO and webbuild/-design projects after doing an Unbounce trajectory.

Pros

It's easy to use and implement for our customers. The drag and drop system feels intuitive. Integration within the overall website is easy and the tracking possibilities are (once you figure it out) good.

Cons

The impact on changes made in the desktop versions of the pages you make often makes the mobile page go totally wrong, different than expected. Unbounce makes an automatic translation of the destop pages you make to mobile, I think this could be done better. It takes up a lot of time to fix the mobile page and you are actually making 2 pages per page you make.

HI Jango, thanks for all your feedback, we really appreciate it! Good to hear that you're liking the drag-and-drop functionality. We know that mobile pages can be a bit finicky, we will pass your thoughts on to the team for review. Cheers, Jen

It's like a German Shepherd: Get good at handling it and it will be a faithful companion to you.

Unbounce makes designing high-converting landing pages easy, also for non-technical folks. It's been a faithful companion for two years now and till today I haven't found an LP builder that offers me the same value at the given price point.

Pros

It makes building beautiful and/or high-converting landing pages easy - also to folks that are completely non-technical. Designing and publishing pages go quick and easy, as well as measuring activity. I personally also like the Smart Traffic feature which reliably gets me good results.

Cons

The landing page builder enables you to do a lot - but still, some limitations remain. What bugs me the most are limitations when it comes to handling images. Especially when I was non-technical, I missed functionalities such as being able to make images transparent or tilt them.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! Love the german shepherd analogy (we're big on dogs here at Unbounce, but sadly no german shepherds yet)! Also really excited to hear that Smart Traffic is performing well for you! Happy Holidays, Jen

Fast landing pages

The experience is good and the customer services is fast. Issue resolved faster then I thought it would tke.

Pros

I like that the landing pages are fast. People tend to not stick around with websites with slow loading time.

Cons

It has all the features I needed. But the exit pop up blocker could be better. I know exit pop up for mobile is really hard to get right. Almost everyone that visit my pages are using a phone.

Thanks so much, John! Glad to hear your pages are loading lickity-split. Cheers and happy converting, Jen

faster than anything

Pros

if you don't want to wait for devs to create landing pages, here's your product

Cons

the only con I can think of, is I'd love something like a general template script, for example to set the fav icon, don't want to do it on each page, I would love to set it somewhere in settings and automatically be applied to each LP. just a thought

Hi Andrei, Thanks for taking the time to review us, we love feedback! Happy holidays :) Jen

Best Landing Page Builder on the Market

Overall, I'm very happy with Unbounce. One of the better SaaS products that are worth every penny.

Pros

I've been using Unbounce for over 5+ years now. In that time frame, I've tried pretty much all LP builders and can say with certainty that Unbounce is by far the best. Even a complicated PSD design or a Sketch artboard can be implemented as a live page in a few hours. Pixel perfect every time. Speedy pages and now with AMP support, there is really no alternative.

Cons

If you are new to Unbounce, it can take a bit of time to get used to the builder but even for someone with no experience that would be half an hour or an hour. After that,​ it becomes an indispensable tool in your landing page optimization tool belt. My agency has done a lot of custom coding when clients need special features. You can't have a software that does everything you might ever want. It's simply not feasible​ but I can see how that can be a con for someone. Reporting and analysis could use a bit of an update but you should always push your data to GA anyway. At the end of the day, you go with the tool that works best for you and after I've tried all of them - Unbounce still rains as king.

Thank you so much Hristian ? You have been an incredibly valuable and all together amazing member of our community over the years so thank you for taking the time to write this up and share your experiences! You know where to reach us if you have any further feedback on how we can improve, and looking forward to seeing what else you and the Revise team will be cooking up in the conversion kitchen. Jen & The Unbounce Team

An Indispensable Landing Page Platform

With Unbounce, the possibilities are endless and within reach, no matter your skill level!

Pros

Unbounce was surprisingly easy to pick up and get going with. It's a pretty intuitive platform that makes creating a beautiful and optimized landing page easy, no matter what level of experience you have with landing page creation. Diving further into the software you'll find how easy Unbounce makes it to set up more complex tracking methods, such as global site tags and web hooks. These aren't as intuitive to set up but are easy to do once you know how to do it. I appreciate that the Unbounce forms allow you to very easily track GCLIDs or require number and email validation. Finally, I've found Unbounce community forms and blogs to be very helpful in terms of finding unique javascript to add features to the pages such as automatic photo carousels.

Cons

It's hard to find a con about what Unbounce already has to offer. The only thing I can think of that would make the experience better is if there was a scheduling tool. It would be nice to pre-schedule the publication or un-publication of certain pages or page variants - this would be handy for seasonal offers, for example, and it would certainly save some time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind and in-depth review (on NYE no less!). Our entire team is thrilled that your experience using Unbounce so far has been easy and intuitive. We're also pleased to let you know that scheduling page publications is possible, however, you will need to be on a Premium or up plan. More details here: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001164506-Scheduled-Publishing-Publish-Your-Pages-in-the-Future Cheers and we wish you all the best for 2020! Jen

Unbounce is a landing page platform totally worth checking out!

Pros

I worked mainly with WordPress, before advanced plugins for building landing pages for wordpress like Elementor, Thrive Landing Page builder, Breezy came into the play, software like Instapage, Unbounce were the rave back then and I can say, I did test them all.. Even Leadpages. Unbounce was like any other with its neat UI, organized dashboard and less problematic. Unbounce offers many options to build a high converting landing page. Its quite easy to use, and fairly newbie friendly. The available features like popups, sticky bars, are part of what makes it a landing page platform worth checking out especially for SaaS companies.

Cons

Unbounce is a nice platform except its not small business friendly in terms of pricing, and its easier to just use a WordPress plugin if you work mostly with WordPress.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Abel! Happy to hear that you're getting value from the builder as well as our popups and stickybars features. Cheers, Jen

Unbounce Is Great

Unbounce has performed really for our agency and I like how easy it is to use.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use! I am not a designer by any means but I can use all the tools Unbounce offers to put together a decent landing page. You can change colors, buttons, looks, etc. The platform really does give us the chance to create customized landing pages. Also: Unbounce is on top of it when their pages go down. They have a URL you can check with status updates on any platform crashes which is so helpful to me AND it gives me information I can communicate with my clients about.

Cons

The most annoying thing about Unbounce is when you use a form confirmation dialogue box you have to re-implement any pixels or tracking code you have set up on the landing page for dialogue box. I wish that the baseline pixel code would be automatically placed so I could just add the conversion tracking code. It's minor but it makes me so mad whenever I have to manually install code on the page.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! So glad to hear that you've found Unbounce easy to use and edit for your clients. In regards to your issues with tracking codes, our developers recommend that you setup tracking pixels using script manager / global scripts on the domain and targetting all content instead of copy/pasting them on to each page. This should solve your form confirmation dialogue box issue. Here's a link to some helpful documentation: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203879070-Using-Custom-JavaScript-and-CSS-on-Your-Landing-Page#content4 Specifically, you should try the customize setting "Included on: All." Cheers and happy converting, Jen

Excellent drag & drop creation of landing pages

Unbounce has allowed us to create hyper-targeted landing pages with verbiage and images tailored to the user based off any parameter we need. This has made for a more personal and relevant experience for our users, and thus helped us generate more leads and close more sales. It's a critical tool for online marketers looking to target their efforts and drive conversions.

Pros

The Unbounce editor is an incredible interface for any person to easily create a very custom, responsive landing page. You can literally drag & drop, click and drag, or start from a beautiful template. This ease of design--and responsive speed--makes it a breeze to set up landing pages with minimal technical knowledge. You also get a great value because you can create opt-in forms, notification bars, and pop-ups very easily. It integrates with just about every software out there, so it's easy to immediately push subscriber data to other software programs.

Cons

The most restrictive feature of Unbounce is that it doesn't have "evergreen" scheduled content. For example, if I wanted to set up a recurring webinar (once per week), I would have to update the same landing page every week with new dates or create separate landing pages. The same goes for sales and events. It would be great to have evergreen content features built in, as well as timing-related features, like countdown clocks to create a sense of urgency on the landing page.

Can't live without Unbounce!

Unbounce is one of our primary tools for bringing in marketing qualified leads. Our Unbounce pages direct qualified traffic to our lead forms. The Unbounce pages are designed to specifically help with conversions so we end up bringing in more marketing qualified leads to pass off to our sales team. We've also been able to streamline our onboarding process by creating a series of landing pages that seamlessly walk new customers through the process. It's also nice to be able to hide these pages from search engines.

Pros

When I say I can't live without Unbounce, I mean it. I'm in the software creating new pages or making updates almost every day. I love how customizable and easy Unbounce is to use. It helps us create attractive, niche pages and is so simple to use. Not only that, but even adding in custom Javascript for smooth scrolling on my pages was a breeze. The customer support rep I talked to was super helpful in explaining the simple process. The mobile preview version is also a great feature because I can hide content that wouldn't be necessary on the mobile version of the page.

Cons

There isn't much I would change with this product. Creating and designing landing pages is really easy to pick up without any training. However, I do wish there was an easier way to set up 301 redirects without needing custom Javascript.

No need for Graphic designer to create nice landing pages

I like being able to create landing pages and form popups without needing resources from development or design. The A/B testing features are great - makes it easy to keep tweaking and optimizing.

Pros

Plenty of templates, so it's easy to create and test landing pages without needing a graphic designer and web developer. I also like that I can A/B/C/D test pages and Unbounce will automatically optimize for best conversions. Also, the tech support was excellent and helped me troubleshoot our ppc tracking info/salesforce integration.

Cons

Not a major issues, but it is a bit annoying that i have to map fields to Salesforce for every popup form individually. And if I want to make a change, it's not universal - so I have to go through each one again and make the change each time.

Hi Amy, thrilled to hear that you're having good results with Unbounce! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. If you're liking our A/B testing feature, we have a feeling you'll love Smart Traffic. Let us know if you have a chance to test it out! Cheers, Jen

Impressive landing pages in seconds!

Using it to deliver targeted landing pages for my own photography company and a number of clients who work with us in our marketing efforts.

Pros

Hands down, the best features of this solution are its ease of use and elegant and simple design templates. I have no coding knowledge whatsoever, but thanks to this I manage to deliver 4+ targeted landing pages A WEEK, focusing the bulk of my time on research and strategy as opposed to fighting to have it look like what I have in my mind. I totally eliminated the need for a middleman (sorry, designers!),...

Cons

It can be a bit on the pricey side, but still, it is worth every penny. Sometimes, as there are so many different features, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for. Luckily, the help section is quite complete and straightforward. The only difficulty I ever encountered with this tool was when I tried adding a video on a page to show on mobile, but it wouldn't be properly displayed. I ended up solving it by embedding from youtube, which was easy as pie.

A Marketer with the ability to do everything start to finish

Pros

From the templates available on Unbounce (which are categorized according to how they would be best fit) to the ease of use and ingenuity of Unbounce itself, this is a no brainer for a small marketing team. I am able to create the concept myself of the type of campaign and landing page that I would like to start with. Then I create the landing page (and even utilize the testing concepts for 2 landing pages), connect it to my email provider so that I can start to collect email addresses and leads and then execute the whole campaign. Unbounce is perfect! Unbounce is able to be integrated with a number of other applications.

Cons

It is important to keep in mind that the landing pages are responsive - so any change made to the desktop version will also carry over to mobile and vice versa. This can be confusing for a novice.

Thank you so much! Really happy to see that Unbounce is able to help you ease the workload for your small marketing team and that you've been able to execute quickly on things. Let us know if you have any further feedback, questions, or comments. Cheers, Jen

I love landing pages, and Unbounce is why!

Unbounce provides all of the tools you need to make an effective landing page for advertising but it's simple to use. A/B testing, tracking, and integrations, all in one easy-to-learn software.

Pros

I used to use unbounce a lot in my previous job (digital marketing) to create custom landing pages for clients. Unbounce is a software that's very easy to learn. It's pretty intuitive, and even doing more "complex" things like adding scripts and tracking is not hard to figure out, either. One of the best parts is that unbounce makes it easy to seamlessly integrate your landing page leads into CRMs - even custom ones, using webhooks.

Cons

There are some things that are easier to add to a website than to Unbounce. Given how easy it is to customize an Unbounce page, I'm surprised that they don't have a few preset "widgets" or "plug ins", like carousels and slideshows. We use these for clients who need to display many reviews or photos. They're a great feature but are very difficult to set up as they require certain codes to make something very basic.

Thanks so much for your review! Great to see that you're at home with our workarounds finding Unbounce a breeze to use! Cheers, Jen

Unbounce for Lead Generation

Unbounce is a great tool that I’d recommend to people if they are focused solely on landing page design and lead generation. Don’t use it to piece together a full site as that’s not its purpose. This is aimed at marketers.

Pros

Unbounce variant testing is very strong and easy to change on the fly. The design components are true drag and drop and there are a lot of well designed templates to get started from. If you can’t find what you want there it is easy to purchase a bundle of other designs for a small fee.

Cons

The way billing is set up was based around how many site visitors you received. At one point, we were paying quite a large sum to Unbounce on a monthly basis because we were running large amounts of traffic for a client.

Thanks for reviewing us! We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the team. Keep on converting ¿ Jen

EASIEST WAY TO GET LANDING PAGES UP AND RUNNING

Makes it easy to create landing pages to support our marketing content.

Pros

Incredibly customizable with great templates and soooooo easy to use. It makes going to development a non-issue when we have the power in our hands.

Cons

It would be great to see an integration with Salesforce so that you can generate a page or embed data from Salesforce or Marketo onto a page dynamically.

Thanks for taking the time to review us and provide such detailed feedback, Yoav! Really happy to hear that Unbounce is providing a quick and easy solution for your LP needs. As for integrating with Salesforce and Marketo, this feature is available on our Premium plans and above, but a good workaround if you're on Essential, is to use Zapier. Hope that helps and if you have further questions, please give us a holler at support@unbounce.com. Cheers, Jen

Great tool for quickly creating landing pages and Pop-ups

Great experience. We have created a large number of landing pages to capture data for both ourselves and our clients. The ability to integrate the data capture into our backend database and email campaign systems has been a valuable facility. Unbounce's ability to provide pop-up's and sticky bars has also increase our conversion rates and signups to our magazine websites.

Pros

Easy to use drag and drop editor but with the added functionality of Webhook's and integrations to satisfy the power users and developers

Cons

The number of popup's you can create on a standard account compared to the number of forms you can create.

Hi Matt, thank you so much for taking the time to review us and provide such valuable feedback! Pleased to hear that you're finding our popups and stickybars useful for your campaigns. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Cheers, Jen

I love unbounce, there's very little you CAN'T do

Easy, flexible software to create beautiful landing pages for clients

Pros

Is very easy to get the hang of, and the templates provided are top notch, or you can start completely from scratch. There's not much you can't do, you can add custom js, css to add features such as a sticky header or slideshows. There are tons of tutorials online and they're easy to follow. It's super flexible and I don't feel limited by it, unlike other drag and drop landing page builders. It has enough flexibility for a pro, but is easy enough that anyone can do it. Conversion tracking is also easy to set up

Cons

It can be annoying to have to fix up the mobile responsive side, I find that to be very time consuming. The layout assistant helps a little to rearrange out, but a lot you have to do manually, and it can take some time. Also the elements are connected, so if I want text to be center aligned on mobile (which I usually do) then I have to copy the text, hide the old one on the mobile side, hide the new one on the desktop side and then it's fine but it's annoying.

Build & Test Landing Pages With Ease

Easy to use Landing page building & A/B testing platform.

Pros

It's easy to use with lots of features to your landing page really awesome. The A/B testing functionality helps is testing out different variations of the landing pages. It provides easy copy paste functionality between landing pages and you can create blocks which can be used repetitively across landing pages. There are a lot of templates on offer which makes it easy for content decisions for the landing page as well. The best of all is that you can do all this without knowing any coding skills.

Cons

The conversion tracking can be tricky - especially when implemented with through Google Tag Manager. And advanced tracking like events need a custom implementation & doesn't work out of the main integration which makes it very cumbersome. Even we had issues with data from page variants not having full data on Google Analytics especially no bounce stats were available on the account, which makes it difficult to understand what is happening on the pages to make conversion rate improvements for the landing page variants.