Mightycause

Fundraising & donor management tools for nonprofits

Mightycause Reviews

Pros

This has been great for our small non profit that is growing rapidly. We love the options for fundraising and using tools for each event.

The greatest thing about Mightycause is that you can help support any organization with just one application. The process is simple and effective for any organization.

James M.

Eric F.

Cons

Far too busy and confusing. Donors have complained about how confusing it is.

kathryn h.

At first it's confusing trying to find our particular fundraiser. It also appears to be possible for anyone to set up a fundraiser for any organization, which could lead to problems.

Mike F.

Lack of Customization on monthly disbursement reports. We may run multiple campaigns at 1 time, but it’s hard to track the monthly disbursement amounts by campaign.

Jake N.

4.5

Simple and Effective

Pros

The best part of Mightycause is its simplicity--both for the fundraiser and for the donor. Using Mightycause, I can easily set up a beautiful fundraiser page in about ten minutes. On the donor's side, it's about as easy to donate as can be. Believe me, you should NEVER make it difficult for somebody to give you money. At the same time, Mightycause is powerful. I've programmed in planned thank-you emails with video, downloaded lists of donors, and even set up live matching grants. It's a simple, yet powerful platform.

Cons

It lacks a little in its ability to be customized. For example, the color of donations pages are all the same, fonts are all the same, the layout of the page is all the same. It would be nice to have a little ability to change the presentation of the page.

Great donor administration and fundraising platform

Pros

Mightycause really helped us get our fundraising started fast and easy. As a newly formed nonprofit we didn't have a lot of staff resources and relied on volunteers to setup our Mightycause site and fundraiser. We really liked the fact that donation receipts are sent automatically and we can manage and communicate with our donors through the advanced tools.

Cons

Nothing, everything worked perfect on the platform.

Thank you for taking the time to review Mightycause! We're so glad to hear that our platform helped your nonprofit start fundraising and connecting with donors!

So Many Features

Pros

We love that we can highlight certain projects and fundraisers through this software! We also love that we can raise funds for our mission teams.

Cons

We are finding that people over 55 or so have been struggling with our donation website. When I give them step-by-step instructions, things go fine, but no one wants to have to give instructions all the time. There are also some features I've asked about, but I'm generally met with silence, so that makes it tough to make our page better. I wish we could more fully control our page.

Mighty cause rebiew

Pros

It works for what we use it for. Like that individuals can set up their own pages as part of a team. Cost structure is transparent.

Cons

The cost. There should be a lower cost option for non-profits or volunteer run orgs (which we are)

Easy and Free!

Overall, it's good. It seems like the customer service staff doesn't know everything so I have gotten different answers from different people.

Pros

I like the way you can set up an event and then have teams within each event and have a competition. We use to 'vote' with donations so that is important to me.

Cons

The picture having to crop to a set size.

Reliable platform, great customer support and they are listening!

Pros

We originally partnered with Razoo in 2014 because of their reputation of support, leadership and low donation costs. Not only have the costs for our donations gone down significantly in the intervening years, we have continued to be impressed with their response to our needs. Our donors use the Razoo widget every day (and our Razoo site almost as often) and we are glad never to have to worry about...

Cons

A hospital, a soup kitchen and a pet rescue both function and raise money in very different ways. Any product in this space has the challenge of working with many different types of charities - we would like to be able to have different options from the standard mode provided. We continue to have discussions about this and it is clear this is not a Razoo-specific issue but more one of software development in general.

Cookie-cutter tool

Overall, we still keep using Mightycause, because it is the best option for peer-to-peer fundraising. But we have switched everything else (online donations outside of peer-to-peer fundraising) to a different platform that is more customizable and integrated with our website.

Pros

Mightycause made it very easy to set up a fundraising page. At the beginning of our nonprofit's life, this was really convenient. The best part about MightyCause is the ability to invite others to create their own fundraisers for our nonprofit. Honestly, this is the only reason we keep using Mightycase.

Cons

Mightcause is a very cookie-cutter platform, with very few customizable features. You can't rearrange the page, or change the functions of different buttons. You can add text and pictures, but everything has to fit within the format that they've already created. It is almost TOO user friendly with very little room for individual expression.

experience w/ Razoo this yr helped us raise over 500,000 dollars, and was the biggest bang for our buck.

Additional funds raised, better user experience, for a lower cost.

Pros

The costs for the functionality are unmatched on the market place for this software. There is a nice tracking system, the look and feel works great, I really liked the User Experience, seeing everyone contribute to our various pages. We also had a branded URL experience, which allowed several high level donors more comfortability with a third-party fundraising platform.

Cons

There are not pages for 'events'...it was somewhat difficult for some of our Chapters to make use of it in the same way because there wasn't a generic page for each of our Chapters, as we are one 501c3.

Great for giving events

Pros

We've used Mightycause for several community-level fundraising campaigns and are quite happy. Mightycause's dashboard is easy to use and easy to set up. It's allowed us to seamlessly tie into high profile giving days and raise both awareness and funds for our cause. We've found our best success is if we have a matching grant to leverage as Mightycause is very good at highlighting matching grants.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Mightycause is a great way to get exposure for our cause that we wouldn't get otherwise.

Razoo is Excellent Platform

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize the donation pages. There are many great options to make the pages unique.

Cons

I would love to have the ability to setup/change donation details manually for our donors. I understand the security risk would be much higher, but it would definitely be convenient for some of our donors. I would also love to have them collect ACH transfers.

Mighty Cause Review

Pros

I've used Mighty Cause for two years and started when it was Razoo in 2013. One of the best aspects has been the customer service- anytime I had a question or an issue, I got a quick response. We have used the site for fundraising campaigns 2-3 times per year. Their rates are quite reasonable and we love the 'leaderboard' aspect.

Cons

Since we only use it a few times a year, each year (especially for our major campaign in June) there seem to be significant changes- many for the better, and a few for the worse. This year, for example, it seemed that the templates changed significantly, making it more difficult for novice fundraisers and also making it so that it did not automatically collect mailing addresses.

Too many fees.

I loved the product when it was called "Razoo." We used it for years with great success. From what I understand, Razoo was bought out by MightyCause. The fees and surcharges were much higher, so we stopped using the service and found a way to raise funds on our own site.

Pros

This gave us a quick and easy way to raise money on-line for our global trips and causes. The pages were fairly easy to set-up and access by our teammates.

Cons

The fees and surcharges were way too high. Once they increased, we cancelled and found another option.

Hi Paul! Thanks for taking the time to review Mightycause, we appreciate your feedback! We just wanted to hop in to clarify a few things: Mightycause did not "buy out" Razoo, we are the same company, with the same staff. We did have a management buyout, which means that several long-time Razoo employees purchased the company from investors and rebranded as Mightycause to reflect that change. The primary...

I am a big Razoo fan! Easy set up, customization, team functions, and reporting make us a success!

Razoo allows us to empower 70+ volunteers annually to take the lead on their fundraising and work in groups. It reduces our administrative work in tracking data and generating essential fiscal reports

Pros

Every year we train over 70 new volunteers and staff to build fundraising pages and teams. Razoo's platform is attractive, professional and easy to use for both donors and on the back end. As an administrator I really appreciate the clarity and easy access of the data I can pull from the website at any time. I also really appreciate that we can choose for our leader board to be ranked by number of donations instead of number of dollars raised. Also, the ability of fundraisers to add offline donations, without these additions "muddying" the actual reports, is a great feature we like.

Cons

Overall, we are very happy with this platform. Over the past few years we have lost some features we used to really like, including slideshows (uploading multiple photos) and the ability to caption photos.

The team fundraising product was really easy and was actually fun to use.

I'm able to easily run fundraising campaigns and get many others involved without taking a lot of their time.

Pros

The product looks beautiful and was really simple to setup and use. I got very powerful a reports and analytics about our campaign and the support team was really helpful. One feature that was really great was the ability to setup automated template so that others could basically start their own fundraiser with a couple of clicks. The social media integration and automatic posting tools allowed me to control the correct sized images and the right hashtags for others so they did not have to worry about dealing with these issues. I'd recommend them highly.

Cons

My main logo was restricted to a 1 by 1 aspect ratio so that it fit properly throughout the site. I ended up having to use my Facebook logo to make it work. They restrict to this ratio as well so in the end it worked fine.

User Friendly Platform For Organization Staff and Donors

Pros

Our organization has been using Razoo for years and we are usually running a dozen or so campaigns at any time. The platform is very easy to use and our donors are very comfortable giving in this way. Razoo is a huge part of our fundraising strategy and the reporting allows us to easily track which campaigns are most successful.

Cons

With the processing fees it costs more than just driving donors to our website but the ease in creating individual campaigns makes up for it.

Outstanding Customer Support!

Positive. A great option for small non-profits with limited resources.

Pros

I have used the support group a number of times and they respond quickly and with a solution. We have used mightycause(and Razoo before) for all of our "A-Thons" and our participants and donors appreciate the low fees. Everyone likes the way it the pages look. I especially like the ability to create templates that can be personalized.

Cons

Administrator team leader: I am disappointed I can not copy and edit events. It takes a quite bit of time to set pages. Users: It can be confusing for the returning user. This year I had a number of fundraisers with "false starts".

Mighty Cause for School

Overall, Mighty Cause meets all of our needs for fundraising at the K-8 level. We continue to use Mightycause and will in the future.

Pros

I love this software because it allows us to create teams with each class. The teams have their own names, description and donors can see how each team is performing in their fundraising. I also love that people may share their donation and write a note to the student. It's very easy to share our fundraising on social media and emailing links to school family and friends.

Cons

Initially, there was an issue with Mighty Cause and our non-profit status, but the customer support was very helpful.

Mightycause Helped Us Raise Funds for Healing

the Alma Center uses Mightycause yearly as the platform with which we raise money for our annual fundraiser. It has been a great way for us to raise money as a team rather than as a bunch of individuals recreating the wheel. I really like the prompts and guidance Mightycause offers its users. We raise $35,000 on Mightycause ($15,000 of offline donations) 2 years in a row.

Pros

I liked the team feature the most about this software - it made it easy for me to get all my teammates set up and part of the same campaign.

Cons

Multiple members of my team had a hard time joining the team and ended up instead asking to be administrator of the team campaign by accident.

Great way to fundraise

because mightycause has solicitation compliance registration in all states where it's required it reduces our liability because we can solicit through their nonprofit status.

Pros

customizable (able to determine donation amount), able to leave a note/dedication; integrated into a website for seamless donation processing

Cons

sent tax receipts to donors and there was a lot of confusion as to why donations made through mightycause didn't also appear on those statements, had to refer them to the FAQs as to how to get their statements from MightyCause separate from those that come direct through our organization. Created some frustrations and misgivings with donors.

We have used Razoo for multiple fundraising campaigns. Our experience using have been very positive.

Pros

We are a small non-profit so having Razoo process all transactions and provide all the relevant information to the donors is a massive benefit to us. -The software is very user-friendly. -Setting up a professional looking campaign is straightforward. -It provides a record of all past donors which is very accessible -Social Sharing, campaigns can be shared easily across social media profiles. - Price, a free version which is basic but does what we need.

Cons

- Some of our donors have mentioned that it's cumbersome to sign up to make a donation. Therefore, some of them donate anonymously. An easier method to donate would be a benefit.

We love Mightycause

Pros

Its incredibly easy to use, from an administrator's standpoint and a person who is trying to give toward the organization.

Cons

that i get an e-mail every time someone donates to our organization.

Friends For Life Animal Rescue

Excellent

Pros

Ease of Use via email and online. I enjoy the monthly notifications.

Cons

Amount of notifications. I would prefer 1-2 emails a day rather than 10-15

We've had a good experience and b/c of that, continue to use Razoo.

An easy way to raise money from people outside your physical reach.

Pros

I like the ease of making a donation, how Razoo often helps promote our organization as well as the ease of having others help as fundraisers.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is the cost. I wish that there were lesser charges for smaller organizations. Also, I no longer am the one who sets up our pages, but if my memory serves me correctly, there use to be an option of a slideshow and that no longer exists. If that is correct, then that too is something I'd like to see changed.

Razoo is a great tool for our microfundraisers. All of our supporters love using the platform

The benefits that we get are ease of fundraising. Our supporters are able to send their family and friends a simple link for them to go to and donate. We have heard such great things about ease of fundraising/donating from our supporters.

Pros

I like that you can use both team and individual pages. This helps tremendously so those supporters of ours who just want to do a simple fundraiser by themselves, or teams who want to host an event in support of our cause and fundraise while doing it.

Cons

What I like least is the new feature to have to verify your email address. This hinders our process. Since I am the one who sets up most of the pages for the individual people who support us through Razoo, it makes it difficult when I cant set up their fundraiser until they approve their email. This was a much easier process on our end and on the supporters end when this feature was not around.

Best free online fundraising platform out there.

We have used Razoo to raise more than $80,000 for our organization, an animal rescue. That has been the best benefit!

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, and it allows you to customize responses to donors. As a volunteer run organization, it's important for us to be able to send professional thank yous quickly, and Razoo allows you to do that. It also makes it easy for others to fundraise for you, great for special projects. It's easy to export the lists of donors, and the platform is extremely user friendly.

Cons

I think there is always room for a product to improve. That said, we don't even use the paid service and get a lot out of it. I do wish that the pricing structure was based more on organizational budgets, since an organization with a smaller budget may not be able to afford a year, but scaling it would be great.