All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tithe.ly Reviews

Andrew R P.

Read the full review
Amazing features, ease of use, support, and amazing UI this app and company is a sure-fire winner. They have competitive pricey with loads of features and a GREAT App.

Drake D.

Chris M.

Read the full review

Cons

No report data in emails. Still get notifications of reports have no data, which is a waste of time, since you have to log in to see the report before you know there's no data.

Michael H.

Read the full review
The name is off-putting, carrying a bad connotation.

Read the full review
Really my only complaint is that it doesn't default to Bank account payments as I feel more people would choose that option if it were the default.

Deanna M.

Read the full review

Best online giving program with great customer service

Helped us Go From Offering Plate Only to Online Giving

Easy to implement online giving

We began looking at the possibility of online giving in 2019 and after reviewing all the major online giving platforms we decided to implement Tithe.ly in February of 2020 and we have been very please in the increase of giving and the greater consistency in giving we have seen as a result of using Tithe.ly

Pros

Tithe.ly has been easy to integrate with our existing website. Even our less technologically savvy members have found it easy to use. It has helped increase our giving over the past year.

Cons

Customizing was a bit difficult to figure out initially especially resizing our logo and getting the colors to match our branding.

THE CURE for the standard, ancient church giving platforms

Overall, I love Tithe.ly! We also switched to their ChMS Church Management System and the power of the platform is really exciting!

Pros

What I like most about Tithe.ly giving is the user interface! It's modern, sleek, runs great on desktop and mobile. The typical church online giving experience has been lost in platforms that provide a user interface that looks like it was built by a non-design-minded programmer from 1990. We wanted to remove any obstacle from our online giving. People are used to great payment experiences online, so ours needed to match that experience. Now it does because we launched Tithe.ly. It has been well received, and the reports from our members have been overwhelmingly positive about how easy it is to use.

Cons

Figure out all the little intricacies for migrating data from our old system to Tithe.ly was a bit of a bear. But that's not really Tithe.ly's fault. Also - our finance admin wasn't happy about having to enter checks by hand (scanners do not work with Tithe.ly), but the improved interface we hope will cause more people to move away from physical checks.

Made receiving donations simple and easy!

I had a donor who wanted to give a $20,000 single donation to our cause. He navigated to our website and to giving page with Tithe.ly's giving form. Tithely's giving form made it so easy that he never had to call or email me for help. In the past, receiving this offering would have required a phone call, tech support, and double checking on the back end to ensure it got to the right fund. The donation has already been deposited and everyone is happy, happy, happy. I am very satisfied customer. Thank you for making giving simple and easy.

Pros

The thing I like most about Tithe.ly is how easy and simple it is to make and receive donations through our website.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about Tithe.ly software. It takes a little time to setup but that is to be expected with any new software. It takes less time than other systems we've used in the past.

Great set of tools for the church, but TONS of core functionality missing

I like the Tithely vision: a whole suite of products under one roof. But given that they've bought different products and merged them rather than developing from scratch, there's little continuity between the products. They don't fix bugs and dont demonstrate a culture that even cares about the bugs. I feel as though those doing the development planning have NEVER worked in a church before, because of the amount of core functionality missing. That said, this company has the potential to be the leader in church tech products if they'd just change their culture, quit launching half-baked products, and fix what's wrong with current products. They love God and want to serve the church. Hopefully they can fix what ails them so they can serve even more churches!

Pros

Tithely has built an amazing suite of tools for the church, at an amazing price: $99/ month. Really can't beat the price, when you consider that this provides Church Management, Text Messaging, Website, Giving, Media, and a Mobile App

Cons

There are TONS of missing features and functionality, and this isn't disclosed or known until after you've made the conversion and are in too deep to switch again. For example, in ChMS, -The framework is outdated - 20 years old or more. -Automated reports really aren't reports, just an email reminder to run a report -Due to bugs, Giving transactions dont auto-populate in ChMS -No conditional rules...

Considering Mobile Giving? Go With Tithe.ly

Pros

Text giving is very easy. You can easily export giving reports on the administrator side.

Cons

You have to search for the church you're giving to and if you're not careful, you can accidentally give to another church that might have a very similar church name. You can't actually view someone's giving profile. Little strange.

Tithe.ly

We have been using Tithe.ly for an easier way to make donations. Overall, our congregation has been satisfied with the ease of use and the ability to make recurring donations. We do not plan on switching to any other competitors due to the low fees and the user friendly format.

Pros

Tithe.ly gives you the ability to receive donations in an easy-to-use format and to show all of the incoming donation amounts in an organized manner. We are able to provide the congregation the opportunity to cover the processing fee as well. Many of our church goers use the recurring giving option which makes the process even easier for the user. Reasonable fees compared to competitors.

Cons

We have not ran into any major issues that call for concern. We have had minor bugs occur, but refreshing would normally solve the issue. Tithe.ly is quick to reply if we have any questions or concerns.

AWESOME resources for Church and ministries.

Tithe.ly is a great app for any size of church. When you setup the account as administrator, you have the opportunity to create different sub-accounts so that allow the people to decide in what ministry want to cooperate beside the tithe. I like the opportunity that the app brings to create a kiosk, so people that has installed yet the app can donate only getting in touch with one of the usher that have an iPad, tablet phone or computer. Also if the church is having a conference outside the facility,brings the opportunity to others to give donations without downloading the app. We use the kiosk when we selling lunch or other church product and that helps us a lot.

Pros

A friendly app that allows give tithe thru the cell phone for church and also different ministry inside the church.

Cons

I don't have any complaint about the app.

Simple, minimal risk tool for small churches

Over all very good. I have implemented it at 2 small churches and would recommend it again. I have implemented 2 other online giving tools. Tithely is my top recommendation for a small church that is hesitant about the e-giving concept.

Pros

Inexpensive and minimal risk solution for a small church that may be skeptical about e-giving. Simple and very fast to implement. The mobile app is great. There are no base fees, and no contract.

Cons

The length of time is takes for the church to receive the money donated. It takes 2-3 days for credit/debit transactions and 1 week for bank transactions.

Convenient Platform for Social Distanced Life

Tithe.ly was great and convenient when it was my only option. However, I have switched programs now, and I would recommend other softwares instead.

Pros

Tithe.ly is a convenient option, especially for these socially-distanced days we live in. It provides an online platform for people to pay easily.

Cons

It is costly. There are other options out there that are cheaper than this software. Would no longer be my first choice.

This software gives you tons of great features with very competitive fees! Highly recommend!

We are a small non-profit, and the features mentioned above with the competitive pricing makes this product absolutely essential. If you are shopping for a sharp, easy to use, customizable giving platform, with great rates and useful features, look no more. THIS is a quality product for a great price and I have yet to be disappointed!

Pros

The fees are competitive. When compared to other companies, their prices are equal or lower. The company only charges a fee on actual donations (they DON'T charge a separate monthly fee regardless of donation amounts). They give donors an option to click a box where they will cover the fees for the donation. They also allow donors to set up recurring giving, which is an important option for us. Tithe.ly...

Cons

At this point I have not discovered a feature I don't like. I came to tithe.ly after using 2 other giving platform softwares, and this is, hands down, the best I have used. Probably the only drawback is just learning your way around when getting started. There is a fairly extensive options list when you log in, and can be a bit confusing at first. Don't be afraid to select options and see where they...

It's wrong to make your members suffer when they give

I am embarrassed to say that over the years I have inflicted 3 horrible online-giving experiences on our members. Pastors need trust building experiences with people and after I recommended those online-giving methods that disappointed, I lost trust. All the companies looked great and advertised the right features. But it's true what they say about the details. Even if only one member had a negative...

Pros

Does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

None. I like everything about it.

A great experience from day one thanks to personal customer service.

It does what it is supposed to do. It works and integrates seamlessly.

Pros

BACKGROUND Our synod had just completed a study in online giving. One of the key piece of feedback was support for our leaders without having to go through a phone zone for support only to be told you'll have to look through the support documents on the website. Our results were mixed. THE DECISION TO MAKE THE MOVE TO TITHE.LY As we looked into Tithe.ly as a provider of eGiving solutions, from day...

Cons

I have not experienced many negative things with Tithe.ly. Just take your time and ask a question so you fully understand what is being offered and what you can do, if you move forward with a personalized app. Most of the confusion I had around the was on me.

Tithe.ly has increased our giving over 50% it's so easy for our members to give using it.

Everything from the get go of introducing Tithe.ly to our church has been a great experience. The service is amazing staff are great at getting back to us should we have any questions. Our members find the app easy to use and would rather use this method than cash, check or paypal. It has increased our giving over 50% since introducing it, I believe mainly because people do not carry cash and checks are becoming obsolete. We have found that our members that travel for work or are on vacation are now using the app while away rather than not giving at all. The video's were very useful in introducing the new options of giving and we found that most people switched over from other options to Tithe.ly.

Pros

The back end of the book keeping side is also very easy, at any time we can review giving statements. We are able to have a monthly statement very early in the month which again makes book keeping easier and quicker for reports to the board etc. Whereas Paypal does not have a monthly statement ready until the 10th of the month.

Cons

We don't have any con's I'm sure there is more that we could be using withing the software and don't only due to our people not doing so.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Giving made easy for churches

During a pilot project, we integrated Tithe.ly within our mobile app platform for our clients. One client was able to see 50% increase in giving. Besides that, our clients love the ease of setup, ease of use and responsiveness of the team to implement new features based on needs.

Pros

Easy to setup and works well with our mobile app and website system. Our clients love it. Super powerful dashboard and great support. Pricing is simple to understanding. 98% of our clients we refer at happy with their experience. One super cool feature is where the donor can cover the processing fees. Our clients love that. Generally, you almost forget that you have a business relationship with the guys across at Tithe.ly. We experience that and our clients says the same. It also helps when the co-founders believe in Jesus and want to truly equip churches to be more effective.

Cons

That's honestly a really difficult one to state. As a vendor, however, I would love to be able to integrate directly with their platform through an API. This seems to be in the works so not a major issue. Their simple integration works and they already integrate with many systems that our clients use.

Tithe.ly is Good But not Great

Tithe.ly syncs with our church management software which is a big bonus. Reconciling our bank statement is a breeze! Having said that when using Quick books together we've had to get creative on entering our deposits.

Pros

Tithe.ly is easy to use for our donors. The App works well as does the Text to Give feature. Set up was quick and fairly easy. The roll out included fairly good instructions and best practices for launching the giving platform.

Cons

The colors and art features are limited. Tech support is not consistent. Sometimes we get an almost immediate response and other times it may take an hour or two to resolve questions.

It gets the job done.

Overall, it gets the job done. I have never had trouble with people hacking my account, or the money not going through, or it withdrawing funds when I didn't indicate it to do so. It's simple, easy to use, and straightforward. As a small church, or a growing church, this app definitely has what you need to stay technologically relevant in today's modern world. Would recommend.

Pros

Tithing in the Christian faith is one of the most important traditions and sacrifices that is consistently asked of us, and this modern-day app makes it helpful to transfer that tradition into the modern age. It makes it simple to automate and consistently give to the church of your choice who is on the app. If you are a pastor or administrator of your church, this app makes it easy, and yes... convenient, for your congregation to give. By having an online tithing outlet that is quick to access, it has increased the monthly giving of our church. People don't carry cash or check anymore. It's all online. Allowing your church to move into the online platform is essential for church administration to stay up-to-date and relevant. This app is very useful.

Cons

Of all the app designs, this one definitely isn't the most aesthetic. But it's useful and gets the job done. If a church is not apart of the app, you cannot give to it. Although you can automate your payments, I do not do this. Maybe this is too cliche, but my paycheck isn't a static amount each month, so I never know what my 10% is. This app does not calculate that for you. I typically round up after each paycheck comes in, and then it processes. Everything is straightforward. No bells and whistles on this app.

Tithe.ly for the Win!

This is an excellent tool for ministry! I feel safe and secure giving online, and I have no reservations at all with using it. Tithe.ly helps make giving easy!!

Pros

I have always been apprehensive about online payment options or plans. However, the first time I used Tithe.ly, I was hooked. This is such a great tool to use for our church ministry. It makes online giving and contributions so easy! Many of our older members love it as well. You can designate what you are giving to several different categories if you want, and you can also set up automated giving. This has been a great investment for our church.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about Tithe.ly. I have had nothing but good experiences with it. The only resistance we got when we first implemented it was from those who had never used any type of online giving service before. But once we explained it to them, they were off and running.

LOVE TITHE.LY!!!

This is the most simple, elegant solution to challenges facing our churches and its members...in our modern day accepting mobile and electronic payments! Tithe.ly's zero setups and zero monthly giving platform cost option with 5-minute church sign-up make it easy to try with your congregation and see how quickly your church and members can benefit by this simple 5-ways to give the solution! We are seeing 25%+ increase in giving including receiving donations every day of the week. FIVE STARS! Thank you Tithe.ly....keep up the GREAT WORK!

Pros

Ease of use, simple to get started and tools available to engage your constituents. Low simple price point with cover my fees option that enables the church to increase overall funds raised -- seeing 25% improvement within 6-months of going live with Tithe.ly.

Cons

Increased engagement and mobile alerting customization capabilities....I understand this is being launched by end-of-year 2016.

Intuitive. Effective. Simple.

Overall - it's been a solid tool that I recommend to all new churches that I consult with.

Pros

This is probably one of the easiest methods of giving that I've seen for the various houses of worship that I am contracted to serve. Using either the website, app, or text to give really opens doors for all visitors to be able to give, and have a record of giving with little effort on their own.

Cons

I think the UI of the app and the website are a bit dated, and could use some refreshing. It doesn't detract from the general user experience, however it also doesn't add to it either.

They kill it, every single time.

I have worked with Tithe.ly as a church, outside consultant, and as a small business owner. They have always been the best bang for your buck, the most feature-rich platform, and bar none the best customer friendly staff around. While others are worried about competing in the marketplace of apps and giving platforms, Tithe.ly charges ahead on a course all their own, determined to serve their clients well now and into the future.

Pros

Feature-rich, cost-effective, friendly customer service, on-demand techs.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.

Helped us Go From Offering Plate Only to Online Giving

Prior to Tithe.ly, we were only accepting donations via cash and check. Tithe.ly provided wonderful materials to help me convince my governing board that we needed online giving, and that Tithe.ly could provide that solution in a secure and cost-effective way.

Pros

I liked that Tithe.ly had reasonable fees, a clean interface, and ways to give on desktop, mobile, and via text. The option for people to use a bank account was also very important for my demographic.

Cons

Some of the options to customize the look and feel of the software are lacking (e.g. logos don't always render correctly against a white background). Some of the back-end features (like logging multiple gifts) were not intuitive at first, but got easer with practice.

Great product, great service, great price

We've been using Tithe.ly since Fall 2015, having switched from another online giving provider and reviewing numerous systems before deciding on Tithe.ly. Simply put, Tithe.ly has all of the features we needed from an online giving provider. The fact that they don't have a monthly fee or minimum donation requirements is icing on the cake. It took us all of 15 minutes to sign-up, register our church,...

Pros

Low-cost Actively developed Great customer service Easy to set-up Easy to use

Cons

Missing a few features that their more expensive competitors have Text giving is a bit more expensive than the competition As with many actively developed solutions, the occasional, minor bug does appear

Tithely is Easy to Work With

Tithely has been great to work with. They are very friendly to faith-based organizations, since they are also faith-based. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

We have been with Tithely since shortly after they began. They are super friendly and very easy to work with. Getting setup to accept donations through Tithely was easy.

Cons

We have had no qualms at all with Tithely software. It works well and is pretty much hands-off once you get it setup.

Tithe.ly is a tremendous giving solution with a ever growing set of tools and intuitive UI

Pros

I have worked in the IT world for over 20 years and rarely see a business software solution with such intuitive admin interfaces. The Tithe.ly team does a great job of building tools that work well and in an uncomplicated way. The stuff just works and the reporting is clean. They also are constantly adding new features. Thanks guys!

Cons

Was missing a way to do recurring giving with a designated end time, but i hear that is coming soon too!

Online giving made easy

I did a ton of research before deciding on Tithe.ly for our online giving needs, and I am very pleased with my choice. Setup was extremely simple, so easy that I almost felt like I was missing something. The fees are very reasonable and the lowest I could find for our organization's needs. I was concerned with some (older) reviews saying it could take a while to receive funds, but was relieved to find...

Pros

Very quick and easy to set up. Easy to use. Can customize giving categories and activate/inactivate as needed (great for special offerings). Recurring giving option. Donors have the option to cover the fees. Allows donors to leave additional comments. Funds are deposited quickly. Fees are reasonable.

Cons

Would prefer if it would default to Bank account payments rather than Credit Card payments, since the fees are lower, although I am happy that in the most recent update they made the options more noticeable. There is no option to disable credit card payments.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.