TouchPoint Reviews

TouchPoint

Flexible Church Management System with Mobile App

TouchPoint

Review Summary

Pros

So glad someone recommended TouchPoint to us. It is the best option we found and the pricing is VERY reasonable.

Karen M.

The customer service is outstanding. We love how they have partnerships with Mailchimp, online donations, etc.

Christina M.

The feature of grouping to help with mass e-mails. Ability to keep track of members and ease of changing/adding/deleting details in individual profiles.

Kathryn H.

Cons

As a staff of two(the pastor and myself)the many versions of a shared prayer list or newsletter is confusing and irritating. It worked well when we had the one version to be able to edit.

Avis D.

Programs used for online giving and background checks. They misrepresented themselves and there are better options available, but Toychpoint requires we use the bad companies.

Dave M.

Difficult to use, search functionality does not work well.

Good TouchPoint… Great support…

Pros

TouchPoint is a very good user-friendly application, very easy to use for beginners as well and very good customer support for a quick response. I was strongly recommended.

Cons

None, because of the very good customer support, User-friendly as well.

Great ChMS for Medium to Large churches

Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Data migration took longer than we had hoped. I don't think the planning/forecast for that was reasonable. But, the product is great!

Pros

Flexibility, online portal, app, ability to develop further, task/follow up system

Cons

Check-in could be more customizable, app is very good, but just links a number of things back to the church website instead of having the information native to the app.

Very good and getting better all the time!

What I love: web-based, can access anywhere. The smartphone app is WONDERFUL!!! Membership and contact / follow up system are great. Contributions is great! What frustrates me: No full-blown financial management module (General ledger, check printing, accounts payable, etc. which forces us to use very outdated Shelby financials. Reports are not very customizable and sometimes waste space on the page if printed.

Pros

Smartphone app (love this!) Membership (photos, info that individuals can update themselves, family relationship notes, pastoral notes) Contributions, web-based (can access anywhere) Attendance tracking / ability to enter attendance over smartphone app.

Cons

Lacks full financial suite (gen ledger, accts payable, payroll, etc) Reports could be more customizable and outreach forms too. Difficulty of integrating with Microsoft Word for producing form letters. A few other things I can't recall right now.

Excellent Church Management Software

Church Management across multiple campuses. Completely integrated solution.

Pros

Extremely and intuitive to use platform. Filled with robust and customizable features and metrics. Extremely attentive customer support team. Minimal learning curve.

Cons

I can't think of any negative feedback or experiences that we have had while we have been using TouchPoint.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Joshua!

Great, user friendly tool for church management

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and acts as an interface for the entire office even when some staff members are out on visitation, vacation, hospital duty.... It is very helpful in keeping track of accurate demographics and statistics for our church not only on a member informational level, but also in a financial sense as well. The ability to also accept credit/debit card transactions easily...

Cons

The mobile app that coincides with the software is not as user friendly for either internal staff or members. The app is easy to find and download on any app store; however, once the app is downloaded and log in occurs, it is very limited on the functionality. Our pastors utilize the mobile app to pull up address information for members when they are out on visitation; however, they are not able to...

TouchPoint Problem Solver

This is such a great ministry tool. You can keep track of contact information, attendance data, and other interactions with people in your church or organization. Highly recommended!

Pros

This software allowed us as a church to take ministry into our own hands. There were several features with TouchPoint that we had never had access to with previous software companies. For example: the ability to assign tasks to certain people and put some responsibility in their hands helped our visiting ministry really take off. This is an excellent tool to help keep data and other information in a cohesive manner.

Cons

When we moved to TouchPoint from our previous software, there were certain elements that were not able to transfer over. These were not "mission critical" items, but they did play a crucial part to our ministry here. We had to really work with their customer service department to get the best results from our conversion.

Thank you so much for your balanced review, Katie! We're glad to have you on board!

Easy, efficient, helpful,

Ease of ability to find out information I need.

Pros

I love that it can do -everything-. It is where all folks manage their online giving, it is where we print new directories from, we can send our weekly newsletters from it, registration for summer programs, scheduling of acolytes etc., and so much more. It is "one stop shopping" for all things congregational management.

Cons

It seems to have been developed by people who don't have a lot of LGBTQ+ folks in their faith community, and we do. So there's a number of things we've run into with that, some of which have been able to be fixed by customer support, and others not, so that is a frustration.

Powerful, but not intuitive

Pros

Lower entry cost was our main reasons for starting with Touchpoint, formerly BVCMS.

Cons

As a techie, I was good with the learning curve. Getting other staff to get comfortable with these was not easily done.

Hi Mark, Thank you so much for leaving a review, especially given your long history with TouchPoint! Improving the usability and experience of the software so that it matches the platform's power is definitely on our 2019 roadmap. If you have any specific suggestions of how we can better serve your staff, please don't hesitate to email me at leah.davenport@touchpointsoftware.com.

Pretty good but could use more updates and streamlining

It's been difficult to learn all the ins and outs of the program. It's not self-explanatory and training and classes need to be offered to whoever will be using it.

Pros

Cons

Overall, it's not user friendly. There are specific ways of searching and if the rules are not applied then you will not find what you are looking for, even if the data is already in the system. The way in which one needs to get something done is very indirect. The placement of where you have to click to get to where you want is not easy to find and remember. The formatting of e-mails, especially with images, is limited. They need to be customized and the program itself doesn't make self-adjustments for a good end-result.

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hear you that some things are not intuitive within TouchPoint (making things more user-friendly is on our roadmap!). With that said, I'd love to connect you with our training department. They're great at helping users maximize the system :)

Touchpoint is quality software with a strong learning curvve

We first connected with Touchpoint because of a low price point for entry. We found the system learnable, due to some training that was offered. Since then, we are thankful for the continued updates of the product.

Pros

Cons

Ease of use - lack of intuitiveness

TouchPoint is a MUST HAVE Church Management Solution for any Church

Our church transitioned to TouchPoint almost 6 years ago, and it is unequivocally the best administrative and ministry tool that our staff, church leaders, and members use daily. Likewise, members and guests benefit from the custom branded TouchPoint app, online giving and event registrations. They have created a church management system with a high level of functionality while maintaining an intuitive...

Pros

Intuitive Easy to use Great support and customer service Mobile adaptive interface Frequent software updates and improvements

TouchPoint is an Organization Tool for the Church, By the Church

A couple years ago, our local church was looking for a cost efficient people management software that was easy for volunteers to use, could be accessed anywhere, had a built-in check-in feature, and made managing people and giving simple, but detailed if necessary. TouchPoint filled all of those features well, and their pricing (based off individuals) made it realistic for us financially to use. Ease...

Pros

Ease of use, detailed people management, easy and customizable exports, children's ministry check-in, mobile access, powerful search feature.

Cons

Only real con is after using the Search Builder, in order to make changes to individual profiles or select groups, it requires using the Tag feature which includes multiple steps. Would welcome as quicker editing feature.

TouchPoint is a wonderful Member Management Software

I have used several other Member Management Softwares/Systems over the years and TouchPoint is the most user-friendly one I have experienced. The Annual Cost is surprisingly low compared to the tremendous features they offer. Before switching to BVCMS, which become TouchPoint, I was on the lookout for a system that would be more affordable for our Satellite Campus, yet offered the same features I was used to from the expensive Software/System. I was surprised at their cost then even more pleasantly surprised at the features they offered. I have recommended TouchPoint to many other Ministry Assistants as a system that is "worth the time to switch over to" due to the ease of use for them AND THEIR VOLUNTEERS. It is one of the very best I have experienced.

Pros

Features - some of the Best I have experienced

Cons

They do not have an Account Financial System integrated into Touchpoint. I use Quick Books for my accounting so I have to input my financials (Tithes, Mission Trips, etc). from Touchpoint to Quick Books.

Always the Best Service

With no database background, I was given the duty to oversee our church's database. When we signed up for TouchPoint, any concerns were calmed by the personal training given from the start, along with excellent, courteous, kind and prompt assistance whenever I need to contact customer support. We are blessed with the upgrades, also. When someone wants to add a new feature, all of us receive the same benefit. We know we are getting a quality database which allows our church to function like one with a huge administrative staff when really it is just TouchPoint giving us the technology to achieve the goal of knowing our congregation and reaching them with information.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, cost, customer service, continued upgrades and features

Cons

Mobile features are still limited and sometimes difficult (but I expect it will be improving, as your product always does!); some features assume understanding by the user but aren't clear. I hit a few little glitches due to our small church needing specialized features for our events which don't exist in TouchPoint, or that I in my ignorance I am not aware of. I agree it's often user error. :)

Perfect for Smaller Churches

As a small rural church, TouchPoint has helped us better track our guests and make follow-up connections and the mobile app makes taking attendance in our Connection Groups super easy. And the customer support is fast and very helpful.

Pros

I love that we can enter in as many prospect contacts as we need to without being charged per record. This is huge for us as a small rural church of under 100. Another benefit is that our Connection Group teachers can take attendance right on the mobile app. Since we have no church secretary, this is a great help in getting our records in and keeping them up to date.

Cons

I do wish that texting was integrated into the system rather than having to use a 3rd party service. I also would love to see some kind of implementation with Facebook posting, particularly when advertising special events. The scheduling calendar--while a great help with scheduling our nursery workers--needs an update.

TouchPoint for the Win

Pros

This software made actually doing ministry awesome! When a church member told me about a move after a service, I was able to update their contact information directly from my phone rather than making a note and doing it at my computer! It helped our entire team stay on track too!

Cons

I had only used PlanningCenter previously, so it's interface just took some getting used too.

Lily, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're thrilled TouchPoint has served your church well and that it's an improvement on what you were using before. We love helping churches stay on track with their ministry goals. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you need help navigating the interface, or want to get even more out of your TouchPoint Experience. - Blessings

Love this Software, especially the Customer Support

It has been harder for me because I am not from the gadgets generation. I have found so much support from the Touch Point Team. They were always patient and understanding. I can't believe that it was just last year that we had the system put in. Even though I am still learning and probably always will be I am enjoying the process. Glad we chose TP as our new church software.

Pros

Since part of my job is to keep up with our members I like how easy it is with Touch Point. I love the way you can use the Decision Summary to keep up with changes made in the system. I also love the fact that when a change is made to a person's record you can see who made it and when it was made. Also this system keeps the info in the system so you can always go back and reverse it. This is a great time saver.

Cons

I like reports the least because I have had a harder time figuring them out. Those younger than I picked it up right away. My brain doesn't think the same way as the reports work. With that said the Customer Support helps me anytime and is always very encouraging.

Love TouchPoint

We researched a lot of options and decided to go with TouchPoint back in the beginning of their product and have never regretted that decision! They uniquely address specifics for our organization and have been great with training and customizing features when needed. Not a year goes by that they have not continued to enhance and develop features that meet the needs of their customers. We've referred TouchPoint to more than one church in the years we've been a customer.

Pros

User friendly and addresses all the unique needs of a church

Cons

On a few very rare occassions, it would be nice to have a bit more control over customization of things like ... entry points .... the software comes with some areas pre-populated with items that were unique to the founders denomination (membership trac, etc) that we'd sometimes like to delete as our class track or names of ministries are different. Usually, we can add those ... but can't always delete the pre-populated options

Easier to use than most programs

I will start by saying I am not the main user of our touchpoint program but I do use part of the touchpoint features quite often. I do the bookkeeping so I mainly deal with the financial side of things which I will say are pretty easy to do with this program. The only thing I wish it would do differently is entering a person's contributions all at one time without having to reenter the name or number...

Pros

Being able to enter contributions

Cons

Not very user friendly when it comes to learning how to use some of the other features of the program that I'm not familiar with.

TouchPoint Serves Us Well

We have had a great experience with TouchPoint! It interfaces with everything we use to make giving, communicating, and serving our family of faith simple and seamless.

Pros

TouchPoint is a comprehensive CMS. I have handled most all of the CMS functions for our church over the course of my time as a ministry assistant and there has not been one time where TouchPoint did not the capability to accomplish what we needed. From membership, attendance, and communications, to complicated online registrations, TouchPoint has checked all the boxes for our church. And if there has ever been a time when I needed help, their support staff is quick to respond and has a ready explanation/solution. I highly recommend TouchPoint!

Cons

There are not any "cons." TouchPoint is comprehensive so someone new to church management software will need some time to get comfortable finding their way around. But again, the support staff is always close by and ready to help.

Thank you for your review, Rhonda!

Great church management system

Have been a TouchPoint customer for 3 years. We use the system to maintain contact information on all of our families and guests; maintain contribution data for end-of-year tax statements; online giving; mass email and text messaging capabilities; and online registratation. We have also extended usage of the tool beyond our church office staff to deacons and other ministry leaders. The TouchPoint team helped us to migrate our data from our legacy church management solution (ServantKeeper) and has been very responsive whenever we have had a question, problem or a suggestion on how to improve the product. Would recommend that any church looking for a cloud-based church management system series consider use of TouchPoint

Pros

Cloud-based. Covers our major needs as our church management system. Reasonable pricing. Have never had an outage where the system was unavailable.

Cons

Would like greater level of control when delegating access rights to ministry leaders.

Fully loaded

We picked TouchPoint because it offered all of their services at a flat rate, and a good rate at that. The development has been great and the customer support is top-notch. The difficulty with any software that does a lot of things is always complexity, and I would say they've done a fair job with that, and they continue to make improvements on usability. As a person with some experience with database...

Pros

Features, open source, support.

Cons

Ease of use still has a little ways to go, but this is an area of pretty constant improvement for them.

Excellent Church Management Software

TouchPoint has made managing our church's database so much simpler than what we were doing before. I no longer have to keep separate spreadsheets for data. I can run numerous reports all in this one program. It is easy to make changes to data that carry all through the program. The on-line registration has helped to cut down on the paperwork. Creating mass emails, sending out e-newsletters, etc. is an advantage we didn't have with our old software. And the calendar helps remind volunteer workers when they are scheduled to work. The more I work with this program, the more I find I can do with it. On the rare occasions when I have a questions, customer service responds quickly.

Pros

It is flexible. I'm able to do so much more with this software than our previous software. The company is always looking to improve and add features that keep it from from being outdated.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

Increased Faithfulness

TouchPoint enabled our church to become more faithful in nearly every aspect of ministry. Our church has always struggled with keeping up with people, to be honest. Since starting to use TouchPoint, we have increased our faithfulness to track and "keep up" with our people. The functionality and ease of use with the software are incredible. The customer service has been unparalleled beginning with the...

Pros

It's very user-friendly. It's useful on multiple platforms (app, mobile browser, laptop/desktop). Customer Support

Cons

They provide plenty of free training to get you started. They answer any and all questions. I would like to have a little more training at a more affordable cost. At least offer more in-depth and a broad range of videos for training.

Enjoy the program

We have used programs in the past and this one we will be sticking with because the continue growth and ease of use to make groups and email out to people and keeping track of people.

Pros

Ease to make groups within the organization (for classes) or for meetings. Love the ease of having people rsvp via email to a meeting and it automatically gets put into the organization that their attending or not. Great for keeping track of where people are in their membership process.

Cons

It would be great to use the financial part with this to track tithing, but I have taken time each year to see if it's worth it to switch from manually entering from Vanco to Quickbooks online and it's still better to use Quickbooks, to me. Then, my reports are all in one spot.