TouchPoint Reviews

How would you rate TouchPoint?

Pros

It has helped us improve our check-in system. For me, there is a learning curve for how to process certain things but the staff has been very helpful and once I get it the first time, I am good to go.

KH

Karly H.

The tech support has been good. I like all the help articles that will lead you to a possible solution.

DL

Denise L.

We've used Touchpoint in its various earlier stages for years and loved it. The biggest factor for us is accessible, helpful customer service that genuinely seems to care about the client.

JW

Jeremy W.

Cons

I am disappointed that I cannot set up a communication plan for members and guests. The search building feature seems a bit awkward.

SB

Sandy B.

What frustrates me: No full-blown financial management module (General ledger, check printing, accounts payable, etc. which forces us to use very outdated Shelby financials.

WG

Wayne G.

It can sometimes be a bit challenging to find the items you are looking for. The navigation structure can be a bit confusing.

AS

Aaron S.

Moving from a legacy church membership platform

We believe Touchpoint is the right tool for us to be able to better capture the participation and involvement of our membership. We are also now able to integrate our retreat registration information into our member records which provides a clearer window on how our membership is engaged. The communication tools via email/text will be something that will help leaders connect with and reach out to our various groups. We were looking for a "single source of truth" database solution and Touchpoint appears to have all tools we need to remove the data silos that have developed using excel, gmail or constant contact.

Pros

We like the user friendly interface, the ability to have a mobile reference for our church leadership to review member information, as well as the extensive support library and responsive help desk for specific situations. We are still exploring all the features and benefits, but I can see many scripts and tools that we can access to provide easy to run reports on things like first time givers, change in giving and other metrics.

Cons

I don't have any specific negatives to report as a new admin user. All new systems take some time getting used to, so that just comes with the territory of make a system switch.

Great ChMS and Awesome Customer Support

We have been using Touchpoint for 3 years now, and it has been a massive blessing not just to our Leadership team, but to our congregation as well. It has allowed us to stay more connected through email and text message blasts, as well as allowed us to keep better attendance records then ever before, and our people love the ability to give online!. We highly recommend Touchpoint and thank them for such a great product!

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, ability to take online giving

Cons

No biometric support for nursery check-ins, whether fingerprint, or even RFID card/chip

TouchPoint - 4/5 stars

Overall, TouchPoint is a great church management tool that offers more features than you can possibly use unless you make it a full time job to study their help documentation. We love the way it helps us track and contact our members, register for events, take attendance, etc. Our biggest pain point has been the check-in system for our preschool & children's departments. We have been working with TP to resolve the issues we have had, but the reality is - it does not specialize in check-in, it merely offers check-in as a service. That being said, if you don't use check-in, I would HIGHLY recommend that you use TouchPoint for your church management system.

Pros

Lots of features for church management

Cons

Not user friendly; check-in feature seems to be an afterthought

We love TouchPoint

We have been using TouchPoint for several years now, and I have to say, we still love it. The customer support is incredible and the system keeps getting better! We are a smaller church with a smaller budget, and TouchPoint allows us to have access to a powerful set of tools, including child-check in, membership tracking, contact tracking, emailing, and online giving, all rolled into one seamless, cost-effective bundle. We would highly recommend it!

Pros

Fantastic feature set that is constantly improving. Helpful, knowledgeable support.

Cons

It works well for my purpose

As a staff of two(the pastor and myself)the many versions of a shared prayer list or newsletter is confusing and irritating. It worked well when we had the one version to be able to edit. Some searches are also difficult to establish with the information we have collected but overall I like it a lot.

Pros

Once used to using the program it is more friendly

Cons

just when I seem to learn something the program changes

Can be difficult to navigate through on your own, but customer service is incredible and helps

Pros

The value and cost efficiency, especially for new churches. This product is online source so you can access from anywhere. The ease of use for other users as well. This product is the best on the market for new churches or even churches that are established.

Cons

the processing of giving is hard because TouchPoint uses a third party company, can be difficult to get in touch with them.

Newly switched from a very challenging software product

My overall experience with TouchPoint has been beyond professional and efficient.

Pros

The best thing about this product is the support and the willingness of the developers to listen to feedback and make adjustments as needed. The software is very user friendly and robust. We are still learning what all it is capable of. And specifically touching on the great support - I have felt free to email the support team any and all questions and they have responded within the hour.

Cons

The things I like least about the software are mostly just things related to adjusting to doing things a different way that we previously did them. Probably my biggest critique would be not having the ability to upload individual bundles to our GL program that match exactly what hit the bank. Instead bundles can be uploaded to your GL system by a range of dates by fund.

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled you've had a great experience with our support team. Please never hesitate to send us your questions or suggestions. We continue to work toward improving usability for you to make your experience even better. Blessings!

Awesome program and support staff

this is a very complex, but fairly easy to use program. If it weren't for the customer service support staff at touch point, I would know as much as I do. they are an amazing staff. very helpful and encouraging to work with. I can't say enough goof things about my support team. I consider that support team part of my staff. without them, my job becomes more stressful. I love the the customer service support staff at touch point.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

very complex

TouchPoint Church Database

We have found TouchPoint to be the "best bang for our buck." We have tried and looked into other software and TouchPoint works best for us. The price is reasonable and it does most everything we need. There are some things that do not fit our church, however, they are continuing to update. Customer service is second to none!

Pros

Customer Service; a lot of features; search capabilities

Cons

I would like to be able to customize more based on our church. I.E. we have a different membership process. There are certain things that are a bit confusing and not real easy to use unless you are very comfortable with computers.

Excellent support!

TouchPoint is very intuitive, and the support is very helpful when I have a question. I've accessed the help articles when I cannot figure something out, and they are very thorough in addressing my question. When I need a little additional help, their support staff is very accessible and eager to help in any way possible!!! I would definitely recommend TouchPoint to other users.

Pros

Easy to use and get support

Cons

I wish it had a facility management software attached.

Solid Choice

Church Management Systems choices are hard to make. Most only specialize in one thing (finance, scheduling, or checkin)- this means that often you have to choose what aspect is most important to you and make-do with the rest. Touchpoint is consistently making what they do better and rolling out new features that were presented as real ministry needs (from actual churches who use their products).

Pros

Customizable

Cons

Not as user friendly as some

TouchPoint's Comprehensiveness

Our youth and children's ministry was in need of a digital database platform where we could do computerized Check-In, online registration, group management, email communications, and access all of this over a web browser and a smartphone. BVCMS back then and now TouchPoint have answered all those needs and continues to develop as a user-friendly system. I appreciate this database so much and all the ways it has helped our church reach the rising generation in our community.

Exactly what we need

We have used a variety of programs to accomplish what we needed inn our ministry through the years. However, it always seemed to require a little adjustment on our part to make them work well. When we discovered Touchpoint all that changed. It is obviously written with the local church in mind. So many of our people can now be active and engaged in reaching others using the tools this software provides.

Pros

Ease of use. Perfect fit for local church ministries.

Cons

Love, love, love TouchPoint Software!

We converted from ACS and I have never looked back! TouchPoint is very user friendly, support is amazing - solves problems quickly and efficiently. We do wish it had a financial module, but have been very pleased with everything about it!

Pros

It is so user friendly.

Cons

I'm in my 60's and the query concept is difficult for me to get my head around. However, the younger people in our office have no problem with it. :)

Excellent System

We have been using TouchPoint for almost two years and have been very pleased with the system. I was amazed at what an easy transition it was from our previous system. We needed very little training as the documentation provided with TouchPoint is VERY user friendly. I rarely need to contact TouchPoint support, but when I do they are very prompt in getting back to me.

Pros

Does a good job of tracking the information we need. GREAT documentation, easy to understand.

Cons

Would like the ability to EASILY print an envelop or label for an individual. Currently requires too many steps.

Inclusive Church Management Software

Touch Point is a great program to manage a variety of church records. As church secretary of a new church Touch Point has helped us to keep track of all the new visitors and effectively conduct follow up. I especially like the contribution recordkeeping portion of the program; it has been a huge time saver with the options for providing doner statements and keeping track of the weekly, monthly, and annual contribuations with ease.

Pros

It has a lot to offer. The contribution tracking is comprehensive and a big time saver.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you have time, the tutorial videos are helpful.

Very Happy Client

GREAT!!

Pros

I have every piece of information that I need on an attender in one place.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little hard to find information on how to do something through the index. But, that being said, I have always been able to contact Support and they have been very willing to help me out and even fix issues for me.

Great system, complicated to operate for beginners

The overall experience was good, but the system was just too complicated to get set up for a check in station. Even after it was explained to me it took too much hardware and if one piece did not work then all of the system went down. I think if it was simplified without the ping system then it would be a lot better, either through Bluetooth or even over a closed wifi system.

Pros

Really easy to work for a non printer check in, really easy to look up people, really easy to create new classes.

Cons

too much hardware was needed to run check in station

Love this program!

Our small church has been using touchpoint for a couple of years now. We love how the software can grow with us! We instituted online giving a little over a year ago (yes, even churches who only run under 100 can do this!) and it has been wonderful. We are not set up for electronic sign ins (YET!) but print out roll sheets and track attendance, visitors, etc every service. The app is AMAZING! You can google map the directions to your visits right from the app. If you're thinking about new church software, I highly recommend you take a closer look at touchpoint. Customer service is tops; both timely and personal.

Pros

Enormity of what it offers

Cons

Some features not quite intuitive

Financial Secretary

We love the software and probably don't use it to it's ability - very thankful for Customer support representative in helping us get an mobile app set up. Nothing but good to say.

Pros

The database versatility to meet all our needs

Cons

There is so much available we don't use it to it's capability. Can you send out notifications through the mobile app.

Still needs features

We've been very happy with Touchpoint but still hope to see upgrades especially in our case with how it integrates with automated checkin systems for our preschool and children's ministries

Pros

Ease of use, the app

Cons

Trouble with use of automated check in systems for preschool and children

Review of Touchpoint

I think it's a very good system. I know there are a lot of things it does that I don't even know about it. Staff are always friendly & helpful and very prompt to answer questions.

Pros

Pretty easy to learn & update.

Cons

Not knowing the many other things that it can do. Some on-site training (free) would be awesome!

I am enjoying TP and learning all the ways it works for our purposes. It is easy to understand.

Still learning the benefits.

Pros

I like that it is web-based and accessible anywhere I am. I like that we will be able to have church leaders and members eventually use TP in their various roles. I like the Support responses. I like scanning roll sheets - so easy.

Cons

I find Searches tedious, mostly because I do not know all the terminology involved in Conditions. Just a learning curve that will eventually get better as I use it. I do not like that reports are not always alphabetized without having to move them to Excel. Seems like any report of people should be alphabetical.

Glad we switched

Much easier tHan previous system. Like the tracking visitors and use of task features to make sure leaders are contacting them.

Pros

Exactly what we need. Easy to use. Like the help feature and videos.

Cons

I wish that we could use volunteer calender aspect in the mobile app.

Thank you so much for your review Wendy! We'll take your feedback about the volunteer calendar back to our developers. It's definitely something we'd love to offer our users. Grateful for your partnership!

Good... but...

There is so much more to this program that I am not utilizing. I would love the opportunity to be a part of an all day training...

Pros

It is available on the cloud. I can have several people accessing it.

Cons

It is not user friendly. You have to know what you are doing to get the information you want.