AssetTiger Logo

AssetTiger

Free*, cloud-based fixed asset management tool

AssetTiger Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.04/10

Reviews by rating

We have been using assettiger for about a year and overall asset tracking has been made super easy. A great feature they offer is being able to scan from a mobile device.
The freemium model gave us the possibility to start with the necessary assets. The application was that flexible and powerful that we have entered lots of additional assets.
Their customer service has been great and we have made a few feature requests that were fulfilled in a timely manner.
Also having to close with an X the product updated it awful. It should go away not linger there.
The Prev and Next buttons are too close to profile and hard to hit. You have to touch the very bottom edge of them or the profile info will open.

Guillermo B.

Service Desk Manger

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordable Asset Management

Transcript

Guillermo: Hello, my name is Guillermo. I am a senior technical service manager, and I gave AssetTiger...

TP

Tony P.

IT Administrator

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Asset Tiger is a tremendous value

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Tony. I'm an IT administrator with Awaken Christian Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada....

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordable Asset Management

Overall I have loved this product. It's low cost highly customizable and easy implementation has made it great for what we needed for. We are using it as a loaner system for it equipment.

Pros

One of the biggest pros about this product is it's free to use up to a certain number of assets. Which makes it perfect for managing a small amount of it assets or even other items you don't want walking away. On top of that it has a very clever check in and check out process with reminders that help you keep track of the items you're sending out.

Cons

There are no integrations or tie into other systems such as SCCM or other asset tracking modules. This makes this application stand on its own.

JA

Josh A.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy and simplified Asset Management

We switched from EZOfficeInventory primarily because of the user experience. If the UI is easy to use, then we will use it more (and keep our database up to date)! Asset Tiger has done a great job with a mix of simplicity and features.

Pros

I love the simplicity and user experience of AssetTiger. The user experience really makes a difference when keeping track of assets and an organized database, which as a result, keeps the asset management up to date. There is also easy access to asset tags, which is helpful!

Cons

More thought into software database would be a very helpful feature. Currently the database is optimized for hard assets, but much of our assets that need to be documented are node software.

Danny F.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Not the beginning!!!

Pros

The ability to check out assets to an individual. Sending an email to the person when the asset was checked in.

Cons

1) Viewing your assets with the "view all" option. Scrolling and show more. Multiple pages into your assets. You click on an asset, to view it's details. You click back, to return to the list. It should return to where you clicked to view. Not go all the way to the beginning of your asset list. 2) Not being able to check out an asset to an individual not in the database. 3) (internal issue) The access of multiple individuals to the program. I believe less ability to transfer assets to other individuals, more control & accountability could be maintained.

SS

Scott S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

It Does What it Says

AssetTiger is free or very low-cost relative to the other commercially available software. I like that it is just for asset tracking, and it isn't bundled with other services and features that I don't need.

Pros

I like that it is immediately available to try and use. Other commercially available products take weeks or months to become available and then set up. With AssetTiger, it's available on your PC and on your mobile with just a couple of clicks. Experiment and explore for a couple of hours and to get familiar and begin using it with positive results right away.

Cons

The ability to transfer an asset from one user to another would be helpful. Our business has people and assets distributed all over the U.S. and the people often "hand-off" equipment between users. I wish AssetTiger had a feature that allowed two users to transfer an asset without going through the check-in / check-out procedure.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Excellent Easy Customizable Asset Tracking Program that can use Barcode Scanners

Overall - Excellent Extremely easy to use.

Pros

It is SO easy and customizable. Our old tracking program was custom built and the programmer passed away unexpectedly. I found Asset Tiger - tested it - customized it to be similar to what we had been using - uploaded 30,000 assets and had it up and running ALL within 2 weeks. AMAZING! We do only use this for TRACKING - our accounting system does the depreciation and disposals.

Cons

There is only one feature that we desperately need. Asset Tiger attempted to add the feature as Event Date but it doesn't work as expected - we need it AUTO POPULATE with the last date the asset was touched (scanned, edited, moved etc) I do realize there are a variety of reports to see the last event date - the problem is with 25,000 assets - looking them up one by one isn't an option. Plus -...

PM

Paul M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

A no brainer if you purchase asset tags - still worth it if you don't

We used to use an in-house inventory system that worked but was cumbersome. After trying AssetTiger, there was no going back. We quickly and easily imported all our assets, customized the database to add fields we needed and haven't regretted it since. Certainly worth considering and an automatic if you purchase asset tags anyhow.

Pros

Very powerful and flexible. The ability to add your own records to the database and create user access to certain assets based off fields is great. The "check out" feature is great in keeping track of who has an asset, when it should be returned and even notifies them. We use this for the entire District and currently have nearly 21000 records. Reporting is easy to customize. The cost is very reasonable and, if you purchase asset tags through them you get credits towards Asset Tiger. With the number of tags we've purchased in the last couple of years, we have yet to pay for Asset Tiger. Customer service is very respective to suggestions and quick to respond.

Cons

Search doesn't seem to allow wild cards which can be an issue if you type something incorrectly. For example, if searching for a description of "Chromebook" and you have an asset spelled "ChromeLook", searching for Chrome* would show the desired results. Also doesn't seem to handle Boolean expressions so you can search for Account A AND Account B. You have to do two separate searches.

BR

Bennet R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

AssetTracking for Small Companies

AssetTiger has allowed us to use our externally purchased asset tags for inventory management with out an problems and has integrated extremely well into our business workflow when it comes to inventory management. It has streamlined the process of checking items out to individual employees and offers a great history of when and where an items has been used.

Pros

AssetTiger allows us to easily track hardware that is handed out to employees through the check-in and check-out functionallity. With the AssetTags in form of a Barcode and the Scanner in the App we can use a Cellphone to easily assign an employee hardware, check the inventory for replacement equipment and always have a good overview of where equipment is currently situated.

Cons

The Software needed us to rethink inventory tracking a little, as each item had to be implemented as its own asset. A function to add a number of assets to a single item with multiple asset ids / tags would give a better overview of the inventory.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

I love AssetTiger. We bought asset tags and got this awesome software for free!

Pros

Besides being free, what I really like about this offering is how packed with features it is. It is so customizable. I can set up any category I want and include some to show up only if I make certain choices. You can run and automate reports, set column order to your preferences, set specific roles for others and so much more. I got asset tags from myassettag.com and ended up with this wonderful software to support me after the purchase.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It functions well, is never down and support is good.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

AssetTiger

Overall, AssetTiger is a great asset tracking software platform. It allows small businesses to track their assets as well cost and location of the assets. It is a must if you don't have an asset tracking system yet.

Pros

We have been using AssetTiger for a little under a year now and we love it. It makes asset tracking and taging very easy. The system is user friendly and is customizable to a degree. We have been able to track assets domestically as well as internationally with ease. The best part is the software platform is free!

Cons

We have found no cons sp far since using this system. The system does well for us and we have had no complaints.

PC

Paolo C.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

AssetTiger: Beautilful Asset management Software

Pros

The best strength is ease of use and versatility of use

Cons

I don't really like the graphics and the few platform updates

KH

Kevin H.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

I would gladly give them my money, but it's free!

We get a great product with excellent support and it costs us nothing. This is important since we are a church that relies on donations to continue forward.

Pros

This AM software has a million features that you should be paying for, but the tool is free. There are a ton of canned reports and you can customize them or make your own. Check things in, check them out. Track when they are broken or fixed. Attach all of your photos and purchasing documents to the asset in the tool. I thought it was great and then I found the auditing feature. What??? You can use this tool to perform an audit, and it's free? I found a data mismatch in a report and sent it in to the support team. They fixed it...and fast. It was like support from a paid product, but this product is free. Take my money already! Asset Tiger is fantastic!

Cons

As some have stated, there is a limited amount of documentation on some of the more complex features. You just have to suss it out yourself. But that's fine because you learn by making mistakes and by configuring and trying the tool. Once you are done figuring it out, you know the tool that much better.

SM

Samantha M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Great software with lots of customization!

Overall the software is 100% usable for my purposes and the ability to export to a spreadsheet allows me to accomplish anything that isn't currently built in as far as reports or updates!

Pros

The available features and pricing make Asset Tiger great for managing short and long term check out of items.

Cons

There are a lot of features and customization but I would love to be able to have a check out report for locations with the assigned person as well. Currently I can run it by who the asset is checked out to but I would like to be able to see which items are at a specific location and which person at that location the asset is assigned to. It would also be very helpful if you were able to check out assets to the person who reserved it without having to retype their name into the check out form.

WL

Wesley L.

It does what we need.

We switched from a more expensive solution and found this easy to pickup. New employees are able to jump in with little instructions.

Pros

It is cheaply priced and easy to use. It does what it claims to do. It tracks assets.

Cons

The product does what we need. We are happy.

JR

John R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

AssetTiger is an adequate solution

It's almost a joy to use. It has the general structure and design that I expect of a good asset management (which I hadn't yet seen in other asset management systems).

Pros

I've been doing asset management off and on for 20 years, and AssetTiger is more robust than every other asset management system that I've used so far.

Cons

• Table views don't allow display of all records on a single page (which would make my AssetTiger usage much easier). • The Sites, Persons/Employees and Customers table views have glitches which I've reported but haven't yet been resolved.

JH

Jeremy H.

Great Inventory Management Software

Great experience. We were able to easily upload our current inventory using the templates. This made it easy to transition from our old software to AssetTiger. Love the product and ease of use.

Pros

I like the ease of use. The mobile app makes it easy to track inventory and check in / out equipment. Also love the mobile app for doing audits.

Cons

When you delete a piece of inventory there is no way to track what has been deleted and by whom. It would be beneficial to have some audit trail to show this. In my opinion this is the single most biggest problem with AssetTiger.

LF

Lee F.

Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees

Asset Tiger has drastically improved the way we work

This software has improved the way we work. It started off with <200 assets just for my team of 4 and has now stretched out to 40+ users with almost 3000 assets. I also received an internal award nomination from another team lead for introducing the software into the company due to how much it has improved how his team is able to operate. That's a pretty good endorsement

Pros

The customisations is key. It's almost limitless to what you can add and do as an asset tracking software and it has changed the way we work for the better. Also, the categories function is exceptional for being able to allow users to only view the categories of equipment that apply to them.

Cons

Lack of direct ability to search items by who they're leased to from the asset list search function. It can be done but only with advanced searching.

CM

Cindy M.

Great Asset Tracking at an Awesome Price

Overall, I feel much more organized with this system. We were using spreadsheets before, but this program is much more detailed and easy to navigate.

Pros

AssetTiger was really easy to implement at our school. I particularly like that by purchasing labels, I receive credit to pay for the service. It is easy to customize to the needs of the business. I also like the asset tracking and the ability to assign devices to people. It is very helpful, especially since our school is 1-to-1 now.

Cons

I wish there was a more simple audit or inventory feature. It would be nice to be able to just scan all of the devices and get a report of what is missing. As it stands now, there is an audit feature, but even using the app, there is no continuous scanning ability. You have to scan, then submit over and over. It would be better if it was more streamlined.

LS

Linda S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Linda's Review

User friendly.

Pros

The ease for tracking inventory. Not complicated and easy for me to convert my old method of tracking inventory. Allows me to set up coding system that works for our agency.

Cons

Currently, have not had any issues with software.

AG

Ajit G.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Ease of use and able to track contracts easily at one place

Pros

The product is very easy to use and implement. What we like most about the product is easily able to track warranties and contracts. Customizable email notifications regarding warranties and contracts help us keep them up to date.

Cons

So far we have not came across any feature that we don't like.

BG

Ben G.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

PRIME Review

Pros

Everything that we use it for it works perfect. With 10 different offices all in different states it makes it very easy to track, maintenance, and manage our assets. It has been a great tool for our entire company i could not imagine life with out it.

Cons

Only con i have is when creating maintenances it did away with my auto fill, my employee still is able to auto fill maintenance names but i cannot. We use the same naming convention for must maintenances so having auto fill makes it a lot easier and quicker to add maintenances.

JD

Justin D.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Functional and Intuitive

Very pleased. We have been using this software as a company for a little over 2 years now and it's very easy to learn, execute, and generate helpful reports.

Pros

My favorite thing about AssetTiger is that I can easily track with a computer, cell phone app, or barcode scanner certain assets that I always need to know where they are or who currently has them. On top of that, I can also see a history of activity that helps me locate the item if it went missing.

Cons

I have had issues getting a bluetooth or usb barcode scanner to play nicely with AssetTiger when checking in/out assets. The phone app works great but being able to use easily use a wireless barcode scanner would take this software to the next level.

LH

Lorie H.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Asset Tiger has been an asset to our Educational Department

Have had great overall experience and find it easy to use.

Pros

Love the ease and advantage of being able to access the program via app. Unable to move an asset on the More Action Tab on the Asset View.

Cons

Customer Service is only accessible via email Software does not have integration or data transfer with our Skyward program.

SB

Scott B.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Long time user

This product has never let me down it’s highly customizable for my application and is easy to understand and grasp for new users

Pros

Great ease of use and manageability for other users. Very adaptable system to almost anything so far. I have been a customer for almost 3 years and have no complaints

Cons

In my current application I don’t have any cons

CM

Cesar M.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Asset Tiger Review (user of 1.5 years)

Asset Tiger is a good software and the price is unbeatable at this time. Besides the mobile app, this software is everything that we would need for asset management. The mobile capability is the only thing lacking.

Pros

The ability to check out assets to people and places is one of the major pros for this software. Keeping track of that and the value of the items makes it easier to see how much we are spending and makes it easy to compile a list of stolen/broken items in case of filing an insurance claim.

Cons

My biggest gripe lies with the mobile app. It doesn't feel very polished and having to sign in every time I have to use it makes it less efficient to use. I have opted for taking photos of assets along with their tags and then taking those photos and using the website to track assets as this is the best method of doing so at this time.

KW

Kwok W.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Cheap And Easy

Pros

Cost is low since we purchase enough asset stickers yearly to cover the cost. Program and the GUI is easy to learn and use for all types of users. Good amount of reports that can be run.

Cons

Once a users email address is removed, it cannot be reused again.