AssetTiger Logo

Free*, cloud-based fixed asset management tool

AssetTiger Reviews

Suggested alternatives

ezofficeinventory
asset-panda
getmaintainx

We have been using assettiger for about a year and overall asset tracking has been made super easy. A great feature they offer is being able to scan from a mobile device.
The freemium model gave us the possibility to start with the necessary assets. The application was that flexible and powerful that we have entered lots of additional assets.
Their customer service has been great and we have made a few feature requests that were fulfilled in a timely manner.
Also having to close with an X the product updated it awful. It should go away not linger there.
As some have stated, there is a limited amount of documentation on some of the more complex features. You just have to suss it out yourself.
The Prev and Next buttons are too close to profile and hard to hit. You have to touch the very bottom edge of them or the profile info will open.

TP

Tony P.

IT Administrator

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Asset Tiger is a tremendous value

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Tony. I'm an IT administrator with Awaken Christian Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada....

Guillermo B.

Service Desk Manger

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordable Asset Management

Transcript

Guillermo: Hello, my name is Guillermo. I am a senior technical service manager, and I gave AssetTiger...

Frédéric W.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

A very powerful and flexible asset tracking SaaS solution

For any small or larger company that need to track its different categories of assets, to plan maintenance and to manage asset lifecycle and knowledge (eg keep track of purchase orders, registration plates, contracts, manuals ...)

Pros

Custom fields, customizable forms, off-the-shelf reports, asset import utility (great tool with templates, data mapping and error management), insurance management, feature activation/deactivation, powerful and easy-to-use photo and document upload linked to an asset, the mobile apps ... Well nearly everything is great basically

Cons

The captcha at login (a real nuisance - I had to install the Privacy Pass extension on Chrome to avoid it and even with this, sometimes I have to go through the captcha), no French locale, list of values (eg list of manufacturers that need to be configured in the Asset datamodel as a picklist - a seperate list of value would be neat).

JA

Josh A.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy and simplified Asset Management

We switched from EZOfficeInventory primarily because of the user experience. If the UI is easy to use, then we will use it more (and keep our database up to date)! Asset Tiger has done a great job with a mix of simplicity and features.

Pros

I love the simplicity and user experience of AssetTiger. The user experience really makes a difference when keeping track of assets and an organized database, which as a result, keeps the asset management up to date. There is also easy access to asset tags, which is helpful!

Cons

More thought into software database would be a very helpful feature. Currently the database is optimized for hard assets, but much of our assets that need to be documented are node software.

Danny F.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Not the beginning!!!

Pros

The ability to check out assets to an individual. Sending an email to the person when the asset was checked in.

Cons

1) Viewing your assets with the "view all" option. Scrolling and show more. Multiple pages into your assets. You click on an asset, to view it's details. You click back, to return to the list. It should return to where you clicked to view. Not go all the way to the beginning of your asset list. 2) Not being able to check out an asset to an individual not in the database. 3) (internal issue) The access of multiple individuals to the program. I believe less ability to transfer assets to other individuals, more control & accountability could be maintained.

SS

Scott S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

It Does What it Says

AssetTiger is free or very low-cost relative to the other commercially available software. I like that it is just for asset tracking, and it isn't bundled with other services and features that I don't need.

Pros

I like that it is immediately available to try and use. Other commercially available products take weeks or months to become available and then set up. With AssetTiger, it's available on your PC and on your mobile with just a couple of clicks. Experiment and explore for a couple of hours and to get familiar and begin using it with positive results right away.

Cons

The ability to transfer an asset from one user to another would be helpful. Our business has people and assets distributed all over the U.S. and the people often "hand-off" equipment between users. I wish AssetTiger had a feature that allowed two users to transfer an asset without going through the check-in / check-out procedure.

BS

Bruce S.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Great Value Product with many useful features

We have found a very cost effective tool for managing our assets, allowing us to know who has what and where it is, be it out for repair or allocated to a specific user. It also helps us to comply to various ISO27001 requirements and also gives us instant monetary value information across all of our assets.

Pros

Ease of use as well as easy to migrate to from existing system. This product definitely stands out in the value for money arena and provides all of the features required by us to track all of our assets as well as to manage the assets lifecycle from an information security perspective.

Cons

The fact that it does not have a software or information inventory function out of the box that could be utilised for tracking different types of information, it's sensitivity and flows between assets.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordable Asset Management

Overall I have loved this product. It's low cost highly customizable and easy implementation has made it great for what we needed for. We are using it as a loaner system for it equipment.

Pros

One of the biggest pros about this product is it's free to use up to a certain number of assets. Which makes it perfect for managing a small amount of it assets or even other items you don't want walking away. On top of that it has a very clever check in and check out process with reminders that help you keep track of the items you're sending out.

Cons

There are no integrations or tie into other systems such as SCCM or other asset tracking modules. This makes this application stand on its own.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

I love AssetTiger. We bought asset tags and got this awesome software for free!

Pros

Besides being free, what I really like about this offering is how packed with features it is. It is so customizable. I can set up any category I want and include some to show up only if I make certain choices. You can run and automate reports, set column order to your preferences, set specific roles for others and so much more. I got asset tags from myassettag.com and ended up with this wonderful software to support me after the purchase.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It functions well, is never down and support is good.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

AssetTiger

Overall, AssetTiger is a great asset tracking software platform. It allows small businesses to track their assets as well cost and location of the assets. It is a must if you don't have an asset tracking system yet.

Pros

We have been using AssetTiger for a little under a year now and we love it. It makes asset tracking and taging very easy. The system is user friendly and is customizable to a degree. We have been able to track assets domestically as well as internationally with ease. The best part is the software platform is free!

Cons

We have found no cons sp far since using this system. The system does well for us and we have had no complaints.

Kyle B.

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Great product, especially for small businesses.

Pros

Great features for the price. It's everything I need for a small business. The search functions are easy yet the search can be greatly refined. The ability to have a barcode scanner is nice, though I don't use it personally. I also love the mobile app. Most of what I do with AssetTiger I do on my tablet. It's great to be able to go to an office/location and do an audit right there.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software, but if I had to choose, the left navigation pane could be setup better with quick access to most used features being more prominently shown.

Marrek L.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easy to set up and easy to use with nice functionality

Pros

Very easy to setup users with an excel template. The app works great for new items with tags. You can scan the tag and then set it up right away on your phone when it's not already in the system.

Cons

I would like an easier way to check out and check in items. It just seems there are too many clicks to get to the check out option.

BR

Bennet R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

AssetTracking for Small Companies

AssetTiger has allowed us to use our externally purchased asset tags for inventory management with out an problems and has integrated extremely well into our business workflow when it comes to inventory management. It has streamlined the process of checking items out to individual employees and offers a great history of when and where an items has been used.

Pros

AssetTiger allows us to easily track hardware that is handed out to employees through the check-in and check-out functionallity. With the AssetTags in form of a Barcode and the Scanner in the App we can use a Cellphone to easily assign an employee hardware, check the inventory for replacement equipment and always have a good overview of where equipment is currently situated.

Cons

The Software needed us to rethink inventory tracking a little, as each item had to be implemented as its own asset. A function to add a number of assets to a single item with multiple asset ids / tags would give a better overview of the inventory.

SB

Stuart B.

Great Asset Managment software which suits our needs

This has helped me manage our assets across our various campuses and departments effectively. The ease of use and numerous functions and personalized options helped me customize the product which work well for our company

Pros

As an Operations Manager for a group of schools and colleges, the software was easy to deploy across the campuses and it was extremely easy to train our staff on its use. I really appreciate the ability to compartmentalize functions and permissions within the package as well as track the history of a particular asset.

Cons

There was no notification to users when the vehicle reservation form was updated and feedback/help was delayed. This resulted in us not being able to reserve vehicles for a while. The mobile app is not as user friendly as the web based platform, so I prefer using the latter.

Sn

Shwetha n.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Asset tiger helped to improve tracking of test accessories, equipment's, boards

Very efficient tracker, easy to track, easy to downloads bulk reports.

Pros

As our equipment's/accessories will be moving frequently since we have 3 sites, its very easy to assign and update location.

Cons

Response for any query from support team delays, if instant help is given it will be useful

LR

Lynda R.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Great program for tracking assets

I love it. I've been very happy with it the product. In fact, this year I am opening a new set of "books" to track all of my non-equipment assets as well.

Pros

I love the hot buttons at the top. It is super easy to see what's under each category.

Cons

I wish the maintenance functions were a bit more involved. I need triggers based on hour meters and odometers as well as time frame.

JK

Jeremy K.

Asset Tiger FTW!

We use it to track the 800+ devices we give to our faculty and students. Additionally we are using the maintenance record feature.

Pros

The price is great, especially when you are purchasing the tags from them. The software is fairly basic and simple to use. Meets our needs at the moment.

Cons

The search field desires a lot. It's fairly clunky to use. Integrations with other products, such as Google and JAMF, would be very nice!

RH

Robert H.

Asset Tiger Review

Asset Tiger has solved the issue of audits, as I am now able to show inventory and location of.

Pros

Asset Tiger provided me with a way to label, scan, and track inventory. It also has features like Grant/Year that allows school systems to pull inventory reports based on Grants.

Cons

I would like to see a feature that would alert you to end of life devices. The software was pretty easy to use and really helped me as there was no electronic tracking done when I came on board at current job.

JH

Joe H.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great App, Helpful Staff

With free asset tracking software, I was a little skeptical whether it would actually be useful. Very pleasantly surprised as we began to use the software. Simple, intuitive design makes navigating the app and web interfaces both feel natural. One issue I did have was with scanning 2D barcodes, I was getting a random number, and not what the scan should have read. A quick email to the support staff,...

Pros

Free Easy to Navigate Strong, capable data storage, in the cloud Support team responded fast and accurately

Cons

First time users could use a little more direction

BO

Brandon O.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Asset Tiger for restoration

Pros

I like that this program and app is easy to setup. I had the warehouse guy do it with little or no training. The stickers are easy to implement. Although, on plastic surfaces, I would rivet the stickers into the equipment. The training to field technicians is easy as well. Easy for them to use.

Cons

I would like the reporting features to be easier to use. The reports are great, but saving them isn't. An email report of assets that haven't been seen in a while would great too. As mentioned in the review, a history or feed of users would be nice. Then, I would know who isn't using the program and fix that behavior.

DO

Darren O.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Fantastic value for money for small to medium sized businesses

Pros

Hosted by AssetTiger, there was zero setup process, and the system is fantastic value for money. Over the 2 year use of the system it has received several updates based on Customer feedback, and my request for further features was noted and is actively being considered. It is highly customisable, and features excellent email notifications you can use to notify staff of events such as check in/out, or assets due to be returned. The export functionality is also particularly good, allowing me to quickly customise reports to my liking.

Cons

Nothing really of note - it does everything you want as a small to medium sized business. If I was being picky, I wasn't keen on the recent UI refresh, but it has grown on me over time and nothing has changed layout wise.

CR

Chris R.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Better Than The Paid Solutions!

After purchasing and using several expensive solutions, and after being frustrated with AssetPanda, I happened across AssetTiger accidentally. It was the find of the year!! We are super happy with the product and can't believe it is free! There are a few areas where there could be some improvement. I would like to see Active Directory integration for employees. It would be nice to have a few...

Pros

Web (cloud) based. Free Intuitive and simple

Cons

No directory integration. The mobile app is slow and glitchy. No ability (yet) to keep track of consumable items such as paper, office supplies, etc...

TW

Tim W.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Clunky

It takes too long to locate my technology.

Pros

Works with my scanner and I see how much inventory I have.

Cons

It's a pain to locate my items. I can completely fill out everything in my columns and nothing appears in my search.

BG

Ben G.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

PRIME Review

Pros

Everything that we use it for it works perfect. With 10 different offices all in different states it makes it very easy to track, maintenance, and manage our assets. It has been a great tool for our entire company i could not imagine life with out it.

Cons

Only con i have is when creating maintenances it did away with my auto fill, my employee still is able to auto fill maintenance names but i cannot. We use the same naming convention for must maintenances so having auto fill makes it a lot easier and quicker to add maintenances.

HD

Heather D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Simple to Use

Pros

AssetTiger is easy to use and allows customization for all of the fields I need. The scanning feature is super helpful so that I can walk around the office and scan the assets and update on the go.

Cons

I'd like to be able to "save setup" for different reports instead of having to save setup each time I change my needs and/or report.

SL

Scott L.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Spectacular. Can't believe this is free.

In a department that produces video content on a daily basis, it's important to know where all assets are at all times, when assets break, and who checked assets out. AssetTiger helped us move away from pen and paper and into a robust method of tracking equipment.

Pros

Very detailed asset management Broad customization of reports, user permissions, and asset details Calendar displays due dates for assets checked out or leased

Cons

Inability (for now, at least) to perform batch check-outs; only one item can be selected at a time. With bar codes on everything, I'd like to be able to quickly scan all items and then approve/submit the lot. Adding a new customer must be done prior to leasing an item to him/her. The opportunity to add a new customer from within the new lease dialog would be a big time saver. No option to prompt user to check out dependent items If a user checks out a camera I would like to be able to prompt the user to also check out a battery of the proper type depending on which camera was checked out. These are more feature requests than cons. Adding these features would put this product miles over the top!

JF

Jamie F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Great Software

I've been using Asset Tiger for several years and really like the product. It is fully customizable and easy to understand and work with. Excellent value for the price!

Pros

Fully customizable. Easy to use. Easy to export data. Easy to import data. Photo storage. Good reporting.

Cons

Could have better auditing features and audit reporting.