AssetTiger Reviews

4.7

How would you rate AssetTiger?

Pros

We have been using assettiger for about a year and overall asset tracking has been made super easy. A great feature they offer is being able to scan from a mobile device.

GH

Garret H.

The freemium model gave us the possibility to start with the necessary assets. The application was that flexible and powerful that we have entered lots of additional assets.

Léon R.

Ease of use, amazing amount of features for being free, web/phone app integrate very well, intuitively designed.

CV

Chris V.

Cons

Also having to close with an X the product updated it awful. It should go away not linger there.

RP

Roxanne P.

KH

Kevin H.

The Prev and Next buttons are too close to profile and hard to hit. You have to touch the very bottom edge of them or the profile info will open.

RP

Roxanne P.

Affordable Asset Management

Transcript

Guillermo: Hello, my name is Guillermo. I am a senior technical service manager, and I gave AssetTiger...

The Solution We've Been Waiting For!

This is going to cut down the time spent and headaches from trying to manage our assets (and their maintenance!) tenfold!

Pros

Obviously the best thing about this software is that it's a full-featured asset management system with no subscription fees! We have been using a very limited database that integrates with Google Drive (Obvibase), which served its purpose for the first five years of business, but as our assets grow, we need something heftier. We're a small company, so we're not going to be able to fork over thousands...

Cons

There is only one thing that I tried to do that couldn't be done so far, and that was to run a report showing only assets. I did a simple workaround - I added a new field that I'll add the word "TRUE" in for these items as they're added. I also sorted the list by most expensive to least expensive, checked all the items, and batch-added this attribute. Then I ran a custom report for all items with that attribute designated as TRUE, and it worked.

A solid asset management tool at bargain pricing

A year with AssetTiger was included for free with our asset tag purchase from MyAssetTag.com, so we decided to try the software out. I did not have high expectations given it was included for free. I was pleasantly surprised to bring the software was a good balance between functionality and ease of use. It's highly customizable, had good import/export capabilities. It's given us a much better handle on our asset inventory and lifecycle.

Pros

The price is very reasonable. The system is easy to use and requires minimal time to train new IT staff once set-up. The system is easy to use, with barcode scanning capabilities, customizable table values so "odd" locations information can be tracked as well. Can add additional custom fields to each asset to track custom information where needed.

Cons

The software signs you out when you log into a other session. This is mostly painful when switching between the desktop and the mobile platform.

Not the beginning!!!

Pros

The ability to check out assets to an individual. Sending an email to the person when the asset was checked in.

Cons

1) Viewing your assets with the "view all" option. Scrolling and show more. Multiple pages into your assets. You click on an asset, to view it's details. You click back, to return to the list. It should return to where you clicked to view. Not go all the way to the beginning of your asset list. 2) Not being able to check out an asset to an individual not in the database. 3) (internal issue) The access of multiple individuals to the program. I believe less ability to transfer assets to other individuals, more control & accountability could be maintained.

An Amazing Asset Management System

I have thousands of assets and this program was a lifesaver! I have recommended Asset Tiger to tons of folks in my industry and they are enjoying it as well.

Pros

Once everything is setup, it is quite easy to use. I have staff checking out/in equipment everyday so it is very nice to be able to see the history of an individual and every piece of equipment. We use their asset tags as well so it is a stellar deal.

Cons

It does take a while to discover all of the features but still not a huge con. It’s a great product.

I'm Glad that i bought this software

since we started using AssetTiger, we are able to keep track of company assets under one platform. it also give of an insight on how we doing with cost per assets assigned to a user.

Pros

first and foremost it easy of use is amazing. Second there are lots of tutorial videos to help you with almost any issues related to the product. Third, it's a cloud base service so no downloads/installation needed. It is also highly customizable which allow you to setup options and features tailored towards your needs.

Cons

The search function could be improved to accommodate a wide range of search criteria such as options on asset like PC mac address

Fantastic value for money for small to medium sized businesses

Pros

Hosted by AssetTiger, there was zero setup process, and the system is fantastic value for money. Over the 2 year use of the system it has received several updates based on Customer feedback, and my request for further features was noted and is actively being considered. It is highly customisable, and features excellent email notifications you can use to notify staff of events such as check in/out, or assets due to be returned. The export functionality is also particularly good, allowing me to quickly customise reports to my liking.

Cons

Nothing really of note - it does everything you want as a small to medium sized business. If I was being picky, I wasn't keen on the recent UI refresh, but it has grown on me over time and nothing has changed layout wise.

STA AssetTiger School Review

Overall, we (including my students) like AssetTiger as a simple way to digitally track which equipment is with students and adults.

Pros

We primarily use it as a student and faculty check-in/out at a student-lead help desk. It is easy to incorporate and teach students to use while still limiting access to certain equipment.

Cons

Reporting needs more freedom, ability to create custom reports with SQL style, or equivalent, options.

Functional and Intuitive

Very pleased. We have been using this software as a company for a little over 2 years now and it's very easy to learn, execute, and generate helpful reports.

Pros

My favorite thing about AssetTiger is that I can easily track with a computer, cell phone app, or barcode scanner certain assets that I always need to know where they are or who currently has them. On top of that, I can also see a history of activity that helps me locate the item if it went missing.

Cons

I have had issues getting a bluetooth or usb barcode scanner to play nicely with AssetTiger when checking in/out assets. The phone app works great but being able to use easily use a wireless barcode scanner would take this software to the next level.

Great Value for Its Abilities

We got this 2 years ago after no inventory tracker for our student's and faculty devices. It was a breeze to set up and roll out. It has brought sanity to our department in keeping track of our devices.

Pros

The ease of looking up devices, checking them in and out. Also being able to run reports on what is checked out.

Cons

It would be great if you didn't have to click into a device to check it in or out.

Great product, especially for small businesses.

Pros

Great features for the price. It's everything I need for a small business. The search functions are easy yet the search can be greatly refined. The ability to have a barcode scanner is nice, though I don't use it personally. I also love the mobile app. Most of what I do with AssetTiger I do on my tablet. It's great to be able to go to an office/location and do an audit right there.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software, but if I had to choose, the left navigation pane could be setup better with quick access to most used features being more prominently shown.

Asset Management

This software has enabled us to keep a track of all assets and its associated costs. even with maintenance, cost is getting added and deprecated as configured. this makes reporting of IT assets and its costing more easy when compared to previous software used.

Pros

The most easy part was implementation whereby we can upload asset details via a excel template irrespective of number of assets you have. if you already using different software and needs migration, get all details to excel and upload with template provided. cost analysis and reports are to name a few very good features in this software.

Cons

The status attribute should have been more simple.

Best Bang for the Buck in Assets!

This reduced our inventory program costs by $8K annually, allows all departments to use the same info to make corporate decisions, and has made me look like a hero in front of my boss!

Pros

The pricing structure is phenomenal, the freedom for unlimited user access, the ease of use, and the intuitive design of the program makes it really simple. The reports are also very helpful, including the pre-built reports. I just breezed through a financial audit using Asset Tiger's export to excel reports.

Cons

A consumable inventory component would be very helpful. Also, I'd like the ability to limit search criteria by more than one search field at a time besides the standard site/location etc.

Far Better than other cloud systems that cost 10X

Helps us precisely track tools, equipment and assets issue to various locations and remote workers. Nag emails, reminders and reports are automated.

Pros

This is an very well designed asset database tool with an intuitive user interface. It's smartphone app is also rock solid and works way better than dragging around a barcode scanner. We started with the free version and grew into the paid version (cost covered by tag purchases). Asset tiger is light years ahead and far lower cost than the paid platform we had been using. This is the solution we had been looking for and it continues to improve with new features and capabilities.

Cons

Lacks Multi-factor authentication (MFA) feature for account security. Does not include a feature for tracking issued consumables.

A no brainer if you purchase asset tags - still worth it if you don't

We used to use an in-house inventory system that worked but was cumbersome. After trying AssetTiger, there was no going back. We quickly and easily imported all our assets, customized the database to add fields we needed and haven't regretted it since. Certainly worth considering and an automatic if you purchase asset tags anyhow.

Pros

Very powerful and flexible. The ability to add your own records to the database and create user access to certain assets based off fields is great. The "check out" feature is great in keeping track of who has an asset, when it should be returned and even notifies them. We use this for the entire District and currently have nearly 21000 records. Reporting is easy to customize. The cost is very reasonable and, if you purchase asset tags through them you get credits towards Asset Tiger. With the number of tags we've purchased in the last couple of years, we have yet to pay for Asset Tiger. Customer service is very respective to suggestions and quick to respond.

Cons

Search doesn't seem to allow wild cards which can be an issue if you type something incorrectly. For example, if searching for a description of "Chromebook" and you have an asset spelled "ChromeLook", searching for Chrome* would show the desired results. Also doesn't seem to handle Boolean expressions so you can search for Account A AND Account B. You have to do two separate searches.

I would gladly give them my money, but it's free!

We get a great product with excellent support and it costs us nothing. This is important since we are a church that relies on donations to continue forward.

Pros

This AM software has a million features that you should be paying for, but the tool is free. There are a ton of canned reports and you can customize them or make your own. Check things in, check them out. Track when they are broken or fixed. Attach all of your photos and purchasing documents to the asset in the tool. I thought it was great and then I found the auditing feature. What??? You can use this tool to perform an audit, and it's free? I found a data mismatch in a report and sent it in to the support team. They fixed it...and fast. It was like support from a paid product, but this product is free. Take my money already! Asset Tiger is fantastic!

Cons

As some have stated, there is a limited amount of documentation on some of the more complex features. You just have to suss it out yourself. But that's fine because you learn by making mistakes and by configuring and trying the tool. Once you are done figuring it out, you know the tool that much better.

Used it for our church inventory, great tool to use with a lot of features. Nice having it for free.

Pros

It's complete with: multiple users, multiple sites, multiple locations and multiple departments. The software offers a complete financial projection of your inventory, your TCO of your inventory and the status of every piece of equipment. What I like best is the different statuses a piece can have. Is it broken and for reparair, is it broken and thrown away, what's the cost of the repair, what's...

Cons

It looks like it needs the asset tags that this company offers. It's not a requirement but it probably helps tracking your inventory. One thing I noticed is that you can't remove your account in case you don't need the software anymore (for whatever reason). If so, you need to contact support and they will help you remove your account, very easy and very fast.

Weak link in this software are the Asset tags

With over 5000 assets across multiple states it is essential that I print bar code Tags with custom non-consecutive numbers. This is not possible with Asset Tiger's labels.

Pros

The simple interface is awesome, easy to use, and user friendly. It does not take days or even hours to learn.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the ability to print asset tags as needed with non-consecutive numbers. After purchasing blank printable asset tags I find out that I can only print the same asset number on a sheet or a sheet of consecutive numbers. So if I have assets in a range of 50 - 75 and another 10 assets 200 - 210 I have to use two sheets of 50 tags ea. wasting 65 tags. Yes Asset Tiger can print custom numbers for you, but the turn around time is not workable. One other Con worth mentioning is the ability to customize tables is limited. Not a big draw back, and defiantly not a show stopper.

Software is amazing. Smart business strategy. Go with this tool you will not be dissapointed.

saves me money, saves me time, is easy to use. Makes me look like a professional.

Pros

The software is free, does everything we need it to do. Looks professional, allows for reporting for management. Is a real win IT wise. We switched from a few Asset management systems that were free. This one blows them out of the water. I manage the MSP operations for my company. This allows me to manage multiple sites uniquely. put notes on equipment for maintenance, check in / out equipment to individual users or locations. You can even break down the locations by rooms / area's or floors or in theory the desk that the equipment sits at. will help calculate depreciation of equipment, for tax purposes at the end of the year.

Cons

It's good. My only concern is when something is free your the product. I'm curious to know what they are skimming off of the database to sell our information. Yes i feel obligated to buy their labels for my assets, whcih isn't required. I just do it because I WANT to pay them back for this great service. Still the skeptic in me is still waiting for the gotcha.

Great program for tracking assets

I love it. I've been very happy with it the product. In fact, this year I am opening a new set of "books" to track all of my non-equipment assets as well.

Pros

I love the hot buttons at the top. It is super easy to see what's under each category.

Cons

I wish the maintenance functions were a bit more involved. I need triggers based on hour meters and odometers as well as time frame.

Asset Tiger FTW!

We use it to track the 800+ devices we give to our faculty and students. Additionally we are using the maintenance record feature.

Pros

The price is great, especially when you are purchasing the tags from them. The software is fairly basic and simple to use. Meets our needs at the moment.

Cons

The search field desires a lot. It's fairly clunky to use. Integrations with other products, such as Google and JAMF, would be very nice!

Great App, Helpful Staff

With free asset tracking software, I was a little skeptical whether it would actually be useful. Very pleasantly surprised as we began to use the software. Simple, intuitive design makes navigating the app and web interfaces both feel natural. One issue I did have was with scanning 2D barcodes, I was getting a random number, and not what the scan should have read. A quick email to the support staff,...

Pros

Free Easy to Navigate Strong, capable data storage, in the cloud Support team responded fast and accurately

Cons

First time users could use a little more direction

Affordable Asset Management

Overall I have loved this product. It's low cost highly customizable and easy implementation has made it great for what we needed for. We are using it as a loaner system for it equipment.

Pros

One of the biggest pros about this product is it's free to use up to a certain number of assets. Which makes it perfect for managing a small amount of it assets or even other items you don't want walking away. On top of that it has a very clever check in and check out process with reminders that help you keep track of the items you're sending out.

Cons

There are no integrations or tie into other systems such as SCCM or other asset tracking modules. This makes this application stand on its own.

Great Asset Tracking at an Awesome Price

Overall, I feel much more organized with this system. We were using spreadsheets before, but this program is much more detailed and easy to navigate.

Pros

AssetTiger was really easy to implement at our school. I particularly like that by purchasing labels, I receive credit to pay for the service. It is easy to customize to the needs of the business. I also like the asset tracking and the ability to assign devices to people. It is very helpful, especially since our school is 1-to-1 now.

Cons

I wish there was a more simple audit or inventory feature. It would be nice to be able to just scan all of the devices and get a report of what is missing. As it stands now, there is an audit feature, but even using the app, there is no continuous scanning ability. You have to scan, then submit over and over. It would be better if it was more streamlined.

Better Than The Paid Solutions!

After purchasing and using several expensive solutions, and after being frustrated with AssetPanda, I happened across AssetTiger accidentally. It was the find of the year!! We are super happy with the product and can't believe it is free! There are a few areas where there could be some improvement. I would like to see Active Directory integration for employees. It would be nice to have a few...

Pros

Web (cloud) based. Free Intuitive and simple

Cons

No directory integration. The mobile app is slow and glitchy. No ability (yet) to keep track of consumable items such as paper, office supplies, etc...

A cost friendly option with alot of features for my company to manage and track assets

The ability to see at a glance where our costs are going for our assets. The ability to view the life of those assets, ease of know what I have available and what is currently deployed to the field and who has those items.

Pros

One of the things I like most is the ability to not only track your items but also that you can track documentation for the items, maintenance, life of the items, and also that you can include a picture of items for easy reference when dealing with part numbers. Being able to scan via your cell phone is also a plus.

Cons

There are few things I do not like about the software but one is that I can not customize my audit requirements as I would like. I think the software was built for tracking office assets and I want to re-purpose it for use with construction tools. Tracking who has them, how long, when specific certifications are do etc. However this being built on office tracking it requires me to keep track of a location. Currently working with a rep to see if there is any type of work around for this. If so then I would have nothing negative to say about a free software for tracking thousands of dollars in my companys assets.