WORKetc Reviews

WORKetc

All-in-one business management system. CRM + Social + Projects + Billing

WORKetc

Review Summary

Pros

I am a fan and promote the tool to my own clients every chance I get. But there are some pros and cons which I will elaborate on in the following sections of this review.

Emmett "Corky" K.

Maybe it will help you, maybe it won't, but I'm a believer in WORKetc and want to encourage other creative users to join in and make it even stronger.

Jerry M.

To help with that, I really needed a system that was backed with superb customer service so they could help us identify the best way to use the system. Know of any platforms that provide that.

Jerry M.

CalGillman

So many features that sometimes you can get lost.

Jonathan Hickman

It's frustrating to commit to getting trained and have to wait a month to get on to the training process. You forget what your original questions were.

Mike R.

4.6

WORK[etc] connected our disconnected teams

Pros

The project management component of WORKetc has been indispensable. I work in the healthcare industry and we manage outpatient programs at hospitals. My team is responsible for implementing new contracts and then we pass them over to the operations team for ongoing retention and support. With WORKetc we've been able to organize our new build and/or transitioning of programs into our organization well...

Cons

The integration with Gmail isn't amazing. It works but you have to really know exactly what you are looking for within WORKetc to be able to connect the email with the appropriate customer. The system can get pricey if you have corporate based users that don't interact with clients often enough to give them an account. For example, our media team creates customized videos for clients on an irregular basis, so paying for them to be in WORKetc all the time doesn't make sense. It would be nice if there was a way to setup tiered levels of users to account for irregular users.

Working Etcetera with WorkETC.com

I first encountered this product when it was barely a brand new company many years ago. At the time I was seeking a comprehensive business management solution for a small tech services business. At that time in history, there was nothing like this on the market at all, and I was enthusiastic about finding it. I tried hard to make it work, but back then, the company was very small and they were literally...

Pros

This is the most comprehensive and complete sales/project management/support/billing tool I have found anywhere online. I literally tried over 2 dozen competitors and combos of integrated CRM/PM/Acct/Support tools and cannot find a single competitor that does it all in one single unified system. The level of support from this company is nothing short of astounding and amazing and I use them a LOT to work through usage and bug issues when they arise but that leads to the cons. Read on.

Cons

In trying to use this system, you will need to realize that a tool set of this scope is going to need a lot of set up and configuration to be ready for use in your company. You need to be willing to spend some time on a learning curve, a slightly outdated interface (Im told a new release with a better UI/UX experience is coming very very soon) and you need to be willing to adapt to some of its quirks...

Expected More, Received Less!

The software boasts superior functions that are marketed to increase productivity. Although, this may be true in the long run, the amount of time and lack of support on the front end makes adoption an issue. From the start, the system would not accept a conversion from free trial to paid account. When calling sales, there was a sales agent available even at night- WOW! Little did I know that this...

Pros

If software would perform to specifications, the system would be really good. Good Sales Support initially to sign up. Webinars are decent Easy Cancellation.

Cons

No support after purchase Staff tend to blame end user for their own shortcomings in tech support. Once they sign you up and collect he first month, they do not care whether you stay or not as they have your money. ToS states, no refund.

Hi Charles - I'm the owner of WORK[etc]. Can you please get in touch and let me know who you are. This does not sound like us and if by chance it is, then I'm sure as hell going to be sorting it out with my team.

You will not find a more supportive platform.

I'll apologize for the lengthy review in advance, but hear me out. My company is small...7 employees, but growing. We rely on technology to help us serve our clients better while managing a very complex set of compliance requirements (on a daily basis) to meet regulatory demands. We needed a system that wouldn't force us to change our work flows to conform to theirs. We've found that with WORKetc. On...

Pros

The support is second to none Complete linkage between data fields Adapts to YOUR workflow, not forcing you to use the systems The custom field options are amazing.

Cons

The UI could use a little "feng shui", but I know that's on the roadmap Honestly, I haven't found any true cons yet, but I'm looking!!

WORKetc, More Than a CRM

As Idaho's Manufacturing Extension Partnership, TechHelp has team members and consultants work our of each of our three state universities. For years we struggled to work, communicate and manage our business across the different systems used by each university. With the advent of cloud based CRM systems, we began experimenting with all of the top tools but found them lacking. Most were too "salesy"...

Pros

WORKetc is more than a CRM; it is an integrated Business Management System that can be used to manage a business end to end. WORKetc has THE BEST customer support system & team that I have seem in the software/cloud industry. I can get a real WORKetc person on the line for a web based conference on any issue almost instantaneously. WORKetc has a nearly infinite capacity for customization. We have used WORKetc "Web Forms" to greatly enhance our consulting work. A client can complete a Web Form that automatically creates a contact and a lead. The form is automatically routed to the correct consulting team that has all info at their fingertips to follow up with the client.

Cons

Some users are at first intimidated by the user interface. There are so many features and ways of doing things that they can be overwhelmed.

Used daily by the whole team, making us more accountable and accurate.

Smooth workflow requiring fewer people. Greater accountability and greater accuracy. High standards are much more achievable. Knowledge Base (KB) allows for sharing the "why" of our standard operating procedures, not just the how. Project Templates are custom for us, and allow us to consistently do the job right, while not having to 're-invent the wheel.'

Pros

Customizable as can be, and multi-functional. Takes far fewer people to do a job that it did before Work[ETC], in less time, with better results. Work[ETC] replaced about nine different "silos of information" with one solid system - offering much better documentation of our work, as well as accuracy, to boot!

Cons

Takes real work and a dedicated professional owner or manager to even begin to get the full value Work[ETC] offers. That's okay, because the payback on time invested is at least 20x, sometimes 40 or 50x, long term ... with better results.

Fully integrated CRM package for all facets of our business from Leads through to Service delivery

Staff Accountability and customisation to suit the processes of our company

Pros

From being able to track leads into sales, through to automated Support ticketing when emails are sent to our Service inbox. We have created work groups comprising of the different teams in our organisation and then use the discussion feature built into WORKetc to be able to keep the whole team abreast of what is happening in their neck of the woods. The Timesheets that can be allocated to pretty much any activity have also been a game changer for us as we can now accurately report on billable hours to make sure that we are costing our maintenance packages out effectively.

Cons

The servers were based overseas originally so there was a small lag on data entry but since they have utilised country specific servers, we havent seen any issues at all!

WORK[etc] does everything, etc.

I like having everything we need in one system. We have to-dos, we have time sheets, we have project details, we have knowledge bases (for storing our company-.wide information, important details, etc), and we have a CRM to store contact details, lead information and support emails. We use WORK[etc] for these main benefits: 1) We store all our timesheets in an easy to view place 2) We store client...

Pros

- Everything in one 'site'. - Project management is simple to deal with. - Timesheets are easy to add or change. - Contact management is super simple, with lots of customisation.

Cons

- The current Android app is sub-par. The new one is currently in beta and, hopefully, will make it worth using. - There are some visual hiccups every now and then (some popups don't remember their size after resizing).

WorkETC saved us time!

Pros

Our team has been able to improve on efficiently because we are able to retain and provide quick feedback into the CRM. We no longer are wasting time in repetitively inputting data when we have a spare moment instead we can quickly add them as we go especially with the mobile app. I think it has allowed us to track our sales as well because we can easily do all the follow up from sales, to the pitch, to the quote.

Cons

I really like the fact that they have a mobile app however it doesnt do all that I need. Yes, we can track and put in data right when we are tracking but the app doesnt allow for the features to work as it would on the website. I understand these two would be different but more availability in the features would be nice.

Work[etc] is my jam!

We do not see the world as it is, but we see the world as we are. Worketc allows me to see the situation as it is. When I say situation I mean the project status, stage, etc. I am able to fully access the phases and status of current accounts and customers. It's very important for me to be able to stay on top of a customer because I have hundreds and hundreds of customers and I need to be able to rememeber their dogs' names, diseases, house orientations, etc etc. Hence worketc.

Pros

Fully customizable. Very easy to integrate to other programs like quickbooks. We use it for accounting.

Cons

You have to exit one section before you edit another.

WORKetc helps create an efficient and effective work day, anywhere

Pros

Since you can access WORKetc anywhere with an internet connection, by phone or computer, your business can travel with you. Whether you need access to contacts, projects, invoices, time sheets, or your calendar, it is all at your fingertips no matter where you are. Within a matter of seconds, everything you need is at your disposal. It gives you the ability to keep all communications with clients...

Cons

While we are greatly pleased with how WORKetc allows us to run our business activity, we would like to see a few changes in the issue of quotes. Currently, the way it works is if I create a quote with a certain amount of hours of time on it, my next time sheet will show that amount of time. I view a quote as what I provide my client or potential client prior to them hiring us or approving the work,...

It just makes day-to-day things easier!

We've been on WORK[etc]'s platform for over 2 years now and it's hard to imagine how were keep communications with our clients and employees organized before with just emails and hand written notes! WORK[etc]'s value lies in the cross-integration of all assets, including Contacts/Companies, Support Cases, Tags, Notes, Timekeeping and Discussions. What is great about WORK[etc], is that even if you don't use all of their features, the entire system is very a la carte where you can pick and choose what you need to use, but it all works fluidly together as one. For example, we haven't used the Financing area to bill clients as it's done through our parent company, but we do use the Expense tracker for reimbursements, which is nice to have a digital record of.

Pros

The search feature WORK[etc] offers is probably the most useful and powerful tool in the system. It allows you to quickly find what you need to search for through every department in the CRM. Other nifty features are the numerous third party apps that allow you to utilize and take advantage of WORK[etc] through programs such as Outlook, Evernote, and other communication tools so that everything is tracked through WORK[etc] without additional effort. Customized Web-forms and Campaign features allow you to mass capture information and easily communication with clients without having to fuss with your regular email.

Cons

One big feature we would like to see from WORK[etc] is a client proofing system. Since we are a heavily graphic-based company and send numerous graphic assets to client at a time, it does get tedious having to upload attachments to an email in WORK[etc] where it allows you only to upload one at a time. A feature that would allow us to mass upload assets into a 'ticket' or even the customer portal, where the client could give live feedback would be a great addition to WORK[etc] and would definitely make WORK[etc] a forerunner in the CRM market that appeals to proof-based companies.

WORKetc - Breaking down the communication barriers

Pros

The thing that I like best about WORKetc is that it is one place that everyone in our company can go to find information about anything. If they have questions about a specific client or company, they can find the information here...or ask the team through WORKetc and the answers are all captured in a place that we can always go back to. If someone is on the road and wants to know the status of a lead or project, they can check in on these using WORKetc as well. We don't have to search 4-5 different places or send 4-5 e-mails to get our answers any longer...they are all in one place.

Cons

I know their new mobile app is going to be amazing and will really help with our team members who are traveling...but it is still very buggy. A couple of us went through the beta testing and when it finally was rolled out to the public, we were really excited to share with our team. We opened it up during our team training and about step 2 into our walk through we found a bug. I have high hopes for the app in the future and the thing that I like least right now, April 2015, will probably become the 2nd best thing I love about WORKetc in the future.

Good integrated CRM

We've seen benefits of integration. All our team members can collaborate on customer/client interaction. No more email chains, ccs, bccs, etc.

Pros

The best feature of WorkEtc for us is the ability to link work Projects to Customer/Client records. We previously managed "projects" using FileMaker Pro, but this was clunky and not fully sharable with the entire team. WorkEtc allows us to link the Customer Record with a Project Record (such as a product rental or a product licence) and all the constituent emails. As a result, we have less important emails sitting in Outlook or Mail accounts on individual devices, and more integrated in the CRM.

Cons

The GUI is dated and a little clunky. The developers have been promising a new interface for several years now, but nothing has been delivered. It is a shame.

Great Saas to connect virtual offices and teams: more than a CRM

We've been using WorkEtc now for 2 years. Before WorkEtc we ran Daylite as our central CRM but when I (the boss) needed to spend considerable time out of the office we needed a solution that was quick and efficient via the internet. We looked at a number of different solutions but chose WorkEtc as it was more than just a CRM. One of the key features that we were won over on was the Project Management/Invoicing process; WorkEtc allowed us to generate and post project related invoices to Xero at great ease.

Pros

WorkEtc is a good solution for virtual teams and virtual offices to keep their data connected. It works well for employees in different time zones and different countries. We've been able to partially automate some business processes, including support cases, projects, tasks, and invoicing.

Cons

We've been disappointed with the 'clunkiness' and time consuming way of tracking time for projects and generating invoices. We use another solution to track project time (which doesn't have invoicing capabilities) and enter the time into the invoice manually. For some reason the workflow for WorkEtc is not as efficient as the other solution. Their customer support team is very efficient however it feels as if product development is slow and often behind schedule. (Sign up because you like the features they have, not the features they are promising.)

WorkEtc All-In-One CRM

Everyone knows the concept "best of breed" and typically vendors that focus on being best of breed for their flagship product will be more successful than one that offers an All-In-One product. The reason is that its hard to be best of breed at everything so they end up being best of breed at none. WorkEtc is an exception to that rule as they have incorporated enterprise wide information management...

Pros

All-In-One and does it well Cost Google Apps Integration Complete Customer Life Cycle Management Time and Expense Tracking with Export

Cons

Sometimes to many features and too much flexibility but they have made some UI changes lately that have helped out a lot.

Great Business Management Solution

In the realm of business management solutions for small businesses, Work, Etc., is definitely among the top. A single source for CRM, PM, Financial Management, Sales Force Automation, Marketing Automation, and reporting made Work, Etc., a no brainer. The level and speed of support is excellent, the platform rock-solid and documentation is crystal clear. Comes highly recommended.

Pros

All in one solution, great support, excellent documentation, great integrations

Cons

With such an all-encompassing solution, it is quite the commitment to learn and move everything. Once up to speed, however, you probably won't want to run without it.

Flexible, easy to learn and awesome user guides

I am the office manager of an IT company. During the past year our company started growing and with that the need to have a way of keeping track of everything that happens within the business from a customer database, support tickets, invoices, time spent at each job. We looked for months at many other solutions, some that were a nice but out of our price range and some that were lower priced, but didn't really solve any problems we currently had. We wanted a place that could do it all and could integrate well with Gmail and google environment. We also wanted the ability to access the system via mobile devices (cell phones). We found our answer in worketc.

Pros

Awesome user guides that are easy to understand. The videos are amazing, it's like being in class with a trainer. The interface is quick and it just "makes sense". I love that everything can be interconnected and never loose sight of what's currently going on. We love being able to have a "queue" with our support tickets and know what the stages of each ticket. Flexibility to morph the system to our own needs.

Cons

Perhaps one of the pros could be a con. The system is so flexible that sometimes it's hard to decide what tags to create, how to use certain features like discussions vs. notes. I don't see it's as a terrible con, but it does take some time to figure out how to best utilize the system to the company's benefit. The mobile apps are still in what I would consider a "green" stage, where there's room to make them better. They recently released the iPhone app and it's easy to use. It's night and day compared to the Android one. I'm sure soon both will be great.

Amazing all in one tool for small teams

Pros

This software allows us to keep our small business organized in a way we never could before. We love the CRM, the ticketing, the time tracking and the invoicing. It's all an integral part of our business flow.

Cons

The only thing I didn't rate five stars was "ease of use." It's not really worketc's fault though. There are so many features. The tutorials and help is top notch. Customer service is world class. There is just so much to learn. The good news is that its EASY to get started. A minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

Fewer

Pros

Reducing the number of "info silos" is the #1 benefit. Get rid of CRM, support ticket management, project management, database entries, notes, untracked email, work timers, and more....because ALL are part of WorkEtc. Customization tools the #2 benefit. Create 'Smart Lists' (based on info already contained in WorkEtc (instead of separate spreadsheets for everything). Create standard (YOUR 'custom standard' projects, email replies, etc. Do it once and ensure it's done the same way every time.

What WorkEtc?

I've been the one in every business I join who either gets tasked with finding the easiest most effective ways to get the Work Etc done. I've tried a myriad of CRMs, ECMs, Work-Flow Management Softs, Accounting Softs, Business Development and Social Media Management Softs and Work Etc is winning for 1. Simple yet complex - you can keep an un-cluttered yet powerful overview of anything exactly where you want it. 2. The support staff cleared up my 'How the hell do you get started/get this to work/input this data' issues faster than any other company to date. 3. It's actually intuitive, making adjustments, where's the button for this? Where's the menu for that? It's all there it seems, easy to find, easy to change, easy to set in stone.

Pros

Really fast, clean, adaptable, powerful, simple yet advanced, they've thought of everything. Oh and for the first time in history, this company ACTUALLY values your ideas it seems. They tout you for 'wish lists' and improvements at several stages, they're definitely keen to keep customers happy.

Cons

Apps for IPhone and Android are great but you think "They could be better" and as soon as you do you find out they're launching an entire overhaul with every little thing you could think of, so we have to wait a month, I can hack it. The UI is not ugly, it's easy to see and use but it could do with a brush through it's hair and some new shoes and apparently V5 is about to be released and look ridiculously clean and simple, nice, I can wait for that to.

A good cloud base CRM for project management

Ease of use, one place for almost all of my data, financial, operations, leads, etc. I really liked the fact of being able to log in from any computer and update projects.

Pros

Ease of use, and ability to update records within a given project. Also the fact that I can access the CRM through my smart phone. It's also beneficial to have my leads in one place and too track them as well.

Cons

There is a opportunity to add a automation process. For instance, if I want an automatic email to be delivered once a certain milestone is met, it would be nice for the system to send it, based on a process that I setup ahead of time.

IT Business

We use WORKETC on a daily basis to pretty much run our business. I am a junior engineer for a IT consulting business out of Dallas Texas. We have multiple clients from small business to corporate businesses. The all in one capabilities are what make this software a must have for almost any business. You are able to track time input for all employees and customize your clienteles information to suit...

Pros

Release 2 LLC Our business is fast paced. This software can hang! Keep your productivity on par. The sky is the limit. All in one solution. Bill your clients. Easy to use and short learning curve. Simple layout. Time management made easy.

Great CRM, Highly Respected

​ I love the timesheets they really help me keep organized and make me feel better about what I have done in the day. We use the support ticket feature the most and I couldn't see being able to do my job without it. It allows us to stay organized, upload attachments and make sure we're not stepping on each others toes. If I ever branch off and start my own company I'm definitely going to make sure I have this service. ​We use it heavily in the support department because of the support ticket feature. The product development department uses it to meet project deadlines. Overall it keeps us all on track so that no two people are doing the same job, and lets us know where others are at on their work. ​

Pros

​Timesheets, support tickets, customer contact management, project management, customer portal and creating surveys ​

Cons

Pricing options, original mobile app environment felt crowded

Great and easy to use

Worketc it is a great tool for your company, easy to use, very customizable to attend your needs. I really recommend.

Pros

Worketc it is a great tool for your company, easy to use, very customizable to attend your needs.A complete tool, with various modules like, timesheet, service desk, finance, projects, etc.

Cons

None that I remember.