All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

FieldAware Reviews

Pros

We have been using Field Aware for 8 months and are very pleased with the software. It is very user friendly and perfect for the field service environment.

Brian V.

carolyn m.

Read the full review
The mobile app is very user friendly and works good. The price book is very easy to set up.

Thomas K.

Read the full review

Cons

This has gone from bad to worse. Nobody returning phone calls, emails etc. I have even called the Sales dept and can't get through to them either.

Ben C.

Read the full review
They never delivered what was asked of them. When I tried to break the contract, because I was not receiving what was promised, the threatened to sue me.

Anna W.

Read the full review
My Customer Service rep spent hours on the phone with their techs and none of the problems were ever fixed. In fact, every time they would try to "fix" something, it got worse.

Anna W.

3.3

FieldAware makes it easy to manage field crews

Overall we now easily dispatch field techs, export/import time sheets into our time payroll system, and can locate associates for a more efficient mid-day dispatch.

Pros

FieldAware is visually easy to read, quick to dispatch and the setup and implementation is quick.

Cons

I least like that a team can't see their dispatch and only the Team Lead can see the dispatch. Also, the Team Lead must clock an entire team in. Sometimes team members arrive at different times, and in order for the team to know where they're going they must talk with Team Leads rather than look at their IT equipment.

Great after recent improvements

At first I was disapointed, as said above after the recent updates it has now turned into a fantastoc product which is great, easy and smooth to use daily!

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis for my job. After the recent set of updates it has improved it hugely. Now is a lot less clunky to use and now does background syncs so jobs and be completed and you can browse your next jobs, before you had to wait for the completed job to sync on a sync screen. It lays out clearly what lies ahead for the day or the week. Also great little features like calling the customer though the app and the passthrough to google maps feature.

Cons

Fieldaware seemed to have ironed out all my cons about the app. Keep up the good work guys!

Not For Everyone - But They'll Swear It Is

We did not benefit from it.

Pros

I loved the sales pitch. That's where my interest ended. We ended up paying into the triple-zeros for our "trial" period, which is fine, if it would have delivered as promised. They were very friendly, and they do a great job on presentation. I'm sure that their software would work nicely for a company who didn't have customers with guidelines on how they want their deliverables or for a company who was just using it for dispatch or internal purposes.

Cons

Everything we tried to explain about our company ended up with their sales department telling us how WE could change to fit the software, not how we could use the software to make our lives easier. We wasted countless hours of payroll time and company resources to find out that there's absolutely no reason a company in our industry would use this software. But even as we canceled and stopped taking...

Not bad for sceduling

Pros

Fieldaware is very easy to use. However, we only used it to dispatch work to our mobile techs and that part worked seamless. The techs loved the simplicity of the software.

Cons

It would not communicate with QuickBooks.

FieldAware Product, Services, and Applications

We have been in business for over 39 years; before Field Aware, our techs and service agents utilized paper work orders and emails to forward pictures and parts requests.We averaged +300 "paper work orders a week!" In June, 2013, we research numerous companies that offer electronic "paperless" work orders, asset/parts management, invoicing, job site history, pictures attached to each job, etc. Field Aware was absolutely the best choice among all the companies we spoke to- and the best R.O.I. than any others!

Pros

Excellent Technical Support Immediate Followup ( since Sept. 2013, the average return call from Field Aware Support was 15 minutes!-) Program Dept. Outstanding- will help create the system specific to our business Continuous Upgrading the system

Cons

If parts are requested,and the task is marked, should be able to send email to office- otherwise we have to have someone review all the pending jobs.Make a mistake a "delete" a a job, it is forever lost in the clouds! Business Works compatible>

until recent we've had no support

unfortunately it doesn't help us do what we would like to do with the report side

Pros

Concept is good ease of access, app appears user friendly for the technicians. requires big changes

Cons

• Reports are not very readable • Appear too condensed • Hard to decipher headings from reports. • The name of the Task needs to perhaps be a different font to the description Logo appearing Blurry The reports are printing out with half the task on one page and half the task on another when there are attachments; we need our reports to be more streamlined and clearer...

What has happened????? It all started so well, now everything has stopped?

When we first implemented the system all was well. We had a couple of issues but their support team were great. After 3 months we integrated the system with 3Plenish (at the recommendation of FieldAware) to manage the inventory quantities and locations..... BIG MISTAKE. Since then the support from FieldAware has virtually disappeared and 3Plenish have been close to useless.

Pros

Simple starter system; great for those who have not used I.T. systems before on a daily basis. The mobile app is a doddle for the engineers.

Cons

No ability to manage stock quantities; hence the 3Plenish integration.

Meh...I have moved on to another vendor

Pros

This product is great for dispatch, but for invoicing it has flaws. I talked to them for help on invoicing and payments and they claimed that their product isn't made for that. But if you look on their website, they claim to have the best thing since sliced bread.

Cons

If you look on their website and talk to them, they will sell you the world. The invoicing is pathetic on this software. That's why I left.

Fieldaware has nearly killed my business

Pros

Theoretically, Fieldaware would save time, and money, if it is working properly. When it is functioning properly, Fieldaware is easily searchable; real time; shareable; and great for dispatching a medium to large crew.

Cons

Constant issues, sometimes taking weeks to have resolved. For instance, last month many of our jobs were vanishing without a trace. This month only the lead technician can 'see' the job. Any other crew members must be notified by other means that they have a posting. We have had the equivalent of one staff member designated solely to overcoming Fieldaware issues.

Need to have access to delete customer and other things.

Pros

Once set up it is easy to use. Easy to enter my jobs I need to. Easy finding the jobs after I enter them.

Cons

We need to be able to delete customers and delete other functions. Either that or have an archive section for them.

A solid field service customer management software

Not a whole lot to share that I didn't above. We have processes to help us keep track of marketing expenses and income, though it's not built into the software itself. We've made it work. From a day-to-day basis I have no complaints about the software. Things work as they should, and it's easy to figure out what you need to do on your own, so there's no constantly calling support like with some other software we use in the office.

Pros

It's pretty easy to navigate. Jobs are in a nice big list. We've got years and years worth of customers. I've gone through the list many times over organizing and categorizing our customers after I joined our company a year ago. It's easy to sort through the customers with the search feature, and the itemizer allows our techs to better organize our parts cost. The scheduler itself is really handy and a great way to keep an eye on who is where.

Cons

FieldAware has a lot of features we use, but it's also missing a lot of really crucial features other softwares like Service Titan have. Right now there's no automatic text messaging when a tech is on the way or to send a review link. If you choose to sign in via the app, you cannot use the desktop. Or so I'm told, haven't tried that personally. If a technician is assigned as the secondary tech, and not the lead, jobs don't show on their app, so we have to text the assistant techs to tell them where to go. It's a solid software for it's capabilities, but it's missing a lot of features that we really could use.

Fieldaware Review

Overall, fieldaware has been a great fit for our company . It has decreased the time it takes us to invoice, helps us keep detailed records of completed jobs, helps us track/schedule jobs and has enabled us to increase back office efficiency.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and set up, web based so no software required. After using it for several years have found it effective and they are improving and adding new features. Relatively stable.

Cons

Like all systems there is still room for improvement. Would like to see a little more customization in certain areas. Does take some thought to set up, good to have at least someone in your office that can become your resident expert. Have had the occasional issue but they usually get fixed fairly fast. Have found the quality of pictures, especially documents needs to be improved. Would like to see the pricing a little more competitive.

customer service and customization!

At K&E Flatwork we are the largest residential flatwork company in the KC Metro area, and we have a growing commercial presence as well. We use FieldAware to schedule all of our jobs. The desktop web-based app allows me to create and change plans as needed. And the mobile app keep our crew leaders informed about job schedules, addresses, contacts, etc. and allows them to access plans as well as builder...

Pros

Customizable. Stable. Great customer service.

Cons

I'd like more options to control reports and filters.

Used to be amazing ... now there are more problems every release

Pros

They are an all in one solution for small to medium service industry businesses.

Cons

Too many problems. When I started using this software 3 years ago, they were great. The only issues for the first 2 years were the omission of a couple of key features; they did however listen to the customer needs and start to put those features in the software. They even kept you updated on the process of those features. Then I'm not really sure what happened ... they started making changes to things...

Field Aware

Pros

It has provided the framework to plan our activities from local to national in a scalable fashion. The ease of data capture from the end user (installer in the field) means that trend analysis provided by the system has helped us cut waste & malpractice from the business saving costs. Strongly recommend for any business wanting to modernise their processes!

Cons

The road-map process for new feature requests can be vague at times. However, I appreciate that there needs to be a business case and relevance for other business users.

Smooth Scheduling with excellent features

Smooth scheduling Up to the minute information Happy Technicians with efficient days

Pros

Before working with Field Aware my company suffered from numerous scheduling issues as well as a huge issue with our technicians ability to communicate with home base effectively. With Field Aware we not get up to the minute information through syncing as well as the ability to create effective schedules for our team and maximize their work days

Cons

The ability to customize is extremely limited. My company loves to put our own spin on software and unfortunately Field Aware does not allow us much control. While this is a negative the amount of features that exist in the base version is more than enough to meet our needs

The sales department do their job very well but in reality the product cannot do what they claim, customer service is dictated by when your bill is paid and if you say you wont pay because of faults you are threatened with legal action

The software could be great if managed correctly but their back office team have no care about customer service. Please either avoid or ask all of your questions multiple times and get everything in writing. what help we have received too a long time and a lot of complaining to get, once we received it we spoke to just one person that knew what they were doing,

Pros

The software WHEN it works is good, adding photos into job sheets is easy and creating job sheets on the fly is good

Cons

I cant say this enough, their customer service is catastrophic, it is all based around money and not customer satisfaction, we had three weeks where the app wasn't working correctly and kept loosing data, we didn't get an apology or any financial reduction, when we refused to pay until we were up and running i was told that in their terms and conditions it states you have to make payment regardless...

Fieldaware is easy to use

Pros

We've been a happy Fieldaware user since 2012. It's easy to use, especially for the remote users, and adaptation for our technicians was a snap. Fieldaware is virtually "bugless" and new releases are filled with enhancements. The best software feature is the tight link between customers and assets (serialized machines in our case). Fieldaware as a company has some of the best tech support and documentation I've ever experienced.

Cons

Fieldaware's reporting features are limited but I'm told a new report writer is coming soon. Also, they consider timekeeping for a "crew" (only one crew member can log time for all members) as a benefit, but we feel it's restrictive and cumbersome.

Bringing it all together!

Pros

Excellent organization of jobs, scheduling, invoicing, reporting. We don't need to look anywhere else for all the information and services we require to run our business with efficiency and productivity. Easy to use, great tech support and always improving with updates and new features. This software has closed all the gaps and brought techs in the field and office staff together on the same page. I highly recommend FieldAware.

Cons

Not a Finished Product - Beware!

Didn't deliver on promised features. Their licensing practices -- with the annual commitment -- is unfriendly and unusual in the software licensing world, in my experience. Terrible overall experience! Choosing FieldLocate hurt our business!

Pros

The best and only positive part of FieldLocate was when we finally ditched it and moved to ServiceTitan.

Cons

FieldLocate is not a finished software product. Back in 2014, the company made all kinds of promises for features and then never delivered. Then the company was bought by FieldAware and, I believe, FieldLocate lost most or all of the developers / software engineers that had built and understood the product. At least, that's the only way I can rectify the lack of development that has occurred. The...

This software has allowed our company to automate all of our process with ease

Pros

Its very easy to use both in the office and the field. Training time is very low for my techs. Not too many bugs. The mobile app is super easy to navigate and use

Cons

The mobile web software is not 100% workable in all browsers. This is the only area that needs work. If I am away from my laptop and trying to schedule work for my techs after hours it is not easy for me to use my phone or ipad

Fieldaware Business Review

We have run our Business with this software for many years and it has worked well

Pros

Ease of use, pictures, and operation. Dispatching was smooth and reports are good.

Cons

Tailored to Commercials Contracting. Would like it to interact with quickbooks better and be more Residential Contractor friendly.

There could be some changes they need to make as other software is easier to use

Pros

It is a good Scheduling program. - easy to use in the mobile app. Gives us the ability to access all documents

Cons

I think they are charging too much for multiple users . I don't like that you can't delete things after they are created by mistake. Customer service is not consistent on there advise. Setting up the software to track key customer information is difficult, and report design is very limited.

Great for techs

Pros

Reduce paper, increase accountability on job sites, expedite tech notes from on-site field visits.

Cons

Limitation of app, to one device. WOuld like to have the user sign in to their cell phone and iPad.

Technician feedback immediately in your hands

Faster feedback in the digital age

Pros

Field Aware allows for our technicians to quickly relay their feedback to the home office. With the ability to quickly read and reply to their comments the overall efficiency of our service office is greatly improved

Cons

At times it can be unreliable. It also requires a high level of user intelligence. With proper training though these hurdles can be overcome

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.