All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

inFlow Inventory Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

The pricing structure incentivizes inflow to make sure you love the product so you keep using it so they take good care of you to get you going.

Taylor D.

Read the full review
This product is easy to use and you don't need to be an computer expert to master it such a great product and great customer service you had.

Oscar V.

Read the full review
It has a pretty interface and great functionality in theory. However the design elements are no better than that of an average student at a community college.

Maxwell A.

Read the full review

Cons

Iphone app missing some functionality. Missing possibilty for sub-sub location.

Per K.

Read the full review
A little confusing the differences between the different versions of the product. The web app is a little bit limited.

Taylor D.

Chris P.

Sales & Purchase made simple

Software is one of my favorites for companies with no purchase order system.

Pros

Great for small companies who need sales and purchasing. Sales has records of customer quoted sales and purchases can see what to order. Great way for a company to keep track of purchases and data can be exported to third part software. Purchasing software even has serial column for warranty verification of products. Was great for HVAC and appliance repair company. Great software for company with no purchase order system. Can make everything paperless and user's can view inventory, content and prices with no license. User license is portable.

Cons

Software lacks year end inventory count reset. Reports could be better to show year to date expenses. I had a tough time getting year to date reports.

Great Software,....but

Pros

The overall learning cueve for the software is not bad at all. Much more user friendly and reliable than quickbooks.

Cons

Seems most the focus is now on the web based version, have not seem many updates for the stand-alone version in the last couple years.

Very intuitive, and such an easy entry into the world of bar-coding.

I went to the internet with a need, and that was to get our small business bar-coded, since the old words-only tags were taking so long to process at the point of sale, ie. hand written receipts and all, causing lineups that were too long at times and likely costing us business. I found your book offer "Bar-code Your Business" and ordered a copy. It was well written, very concise, and of course, led...

Cons

Made a world of difference for our warehouse team

Very positive overall experience. I wouldn't recommend it for a large corporate entity but we are a small company with thousands of items and it works great.

Pros

Easy data import via CSV UOM conversions Multiple Location/Sub-Locations - track specific quantities by specific buildings/shelves Material pricing tiers Easily track orders Mobile App! Now we know what needs to be ordered for upcoming projects before the project starts depleting our inventory! Online Storefront!

Cons

The windows app works fine but is a bit sluggish. You don't get that polished/refined feel when using it. Fragmentation between mobile apps and windows app. Only one item photo can be uploaded/viewed on windows app, while multiple pics can be uploaded/seen on mobile app. Online storefront a bit confusing because of not having an "Add to cart" button. Simple selecting a quantity puts that quantity in your cart. Only integrates with Dymo label printers.

Inflow

From installing products and selling those goods using inflow was really a matter of a day to get started. Looking forward to utilizing the inventory features for our first monthend, and the daily sales reports are great

Pros

Ease of purchase, ease of installation and relatively easy to set up and start using.

Cons

So far we have not seen any downside to using this product

Great for my small business

I have a small business with several products. I find the inventory control easy and useful. The input of data is simple, so I have all my customer information. The reporting is excellent, so I can find out stock, costs, sales etc at the touch of a button.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am not much good at technical stuff, but I find inflow easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that springs to mind that I would change.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Andy. We really appreciate it!

Does what we need it to..

Pros

We switched from the desktop version of inflow. We use MacOS/IOS as a company and were growing concerned that we would have to switch platforms completely to allow our team "cloud" access to our inventory and invoicing. The new interface makes the transition very simply and gives us the full functionality we need on our operating systems.

Cons

We would like to see the continued development of the web app

Touge Tuning - Review

Pros

- The ability to track the progress of orders. - Being able to see, on the order itself, if the item for the order is already on order, needs to be ordered, etc.

Cons

Doesn't work as seamlessly with Quickbooks as we would like.

InFlow is an easy to use software perfect for our small business!

It has helped us work professionally immediately from start-up.

Pros

We're a small medical distribution company with 2000 and we have been using InFlow for 7 years. Customer service is very helpful and reasonably quick. The software is easy to use. Does what it says on the tin.

Cons

There is a 5 hour time difference from the UK to Toronto and Cust Service opens at 10AM. This can lead to frustrating delays in response times.

I am in love

I have had nothing but great experiences with using inflow as well as using the live chat on inflow. I highly recommend it. The price is excellent for the capabilities it contains.

Pros

I love the simplicity of this program. I have over 1000 items in my warehouse we distribute to 32 stores. It makes the entire purchasing and invoicing system extremely easy for myself and my customers. The inflow showroom is amazing. The customers can actually see what they are purchasing.

Cons

I feel like the bar coding system is a little too complicated for my needs.

A dream to work with

Pretty much all the Inventory and work orders, and practical flows of invoicing, sales orders, purchase orders etc.

Pros

Quite simply, it is easy and allows for most functions we need with work orders and serialized items. The Inflow Cloud is fast enough and easily customizable. Great stuff, quite simply. :) And the customer service is nothing short of stunning.

Cons

There are no cons, per se, more features that would be great to add on, as time passes and you develop the software further; the Android client (being able to do POs, SOs and invoicing would be fantastic). There are some other bugs with the Android client, in terms of cost pricing on the products that can be straightened out; right now we can't really use it for much. Furthermore, it would be great...

Hi Christian, thanks for the great review! I just wanted to update you on some of the features you mentioned as a lot has changed since your review! You can now do POs, SOs and share/email invoices from the mobile app. The Shopify integration now pushes inventory from inFlow to Shopify as well as pulling Shopify orders into inFlow. Our API is in early access - feel free to reach out to our support team if you'd like to take that for a spin. And we're working on some improvements for Showroom as well. Keep the feedback coming, we'd love to hear from you!

Very accurate and easy to use.

This program is so very easy to use. However, the price doesn’t include some features that we really wish that it would. The fact that you can either have cloud-based or device-based is not a good thing, especially when it’s something so important. If we had an internet outage, we couldn’t use it. If we wanted to be able to use it without internet, we lose the app compatibility. We shouldn’t have to decide between the two; there should be an option that includes both, and many people would pay to have that.

Pros

I love that I can use images and add barcodes all in the same place. It is so easy to use and even easier to teach others how to use it. I also like that I can get reports on how many items we’ve sold and to whom. The apps have come in handy so often, because when we did an inventory check, we were able to go around using the mobile app rather than having to go back and forth between the computer and the shelves. This app made life a lot easier, and support was so helpful during the few times we had issues.

Cons

It’s a tad pricey. In order to get the mobile app, you have to pay. This includes permission for two people to use the program. However, this includes support, which is definitely worth it. We would prefer to also have the option to have the inventory stored on our devices rather than just in the cloud, but if we changed to the inFlow On-Premise, we would lose our mobile device compatibility. We would be willing to pay a little more over the already-pricey cost to have the option to have it cloud-based and on our devices.

It was a shot-in-the-dark to find, and try out this software. It handles everything you'll need! :)

Made my job as sales representative, and inventory control, much easier and more accurate.

Pros

Once you get to find your way around some, you come to see that it's going to save lots of time, and redundancies, with regard to invoices, packing slips, inventory control. But what is wonderful is it gives you a trajectory of inventory, so you never have to worry about having enough stock, or the dreaded "too-much-stock" on hand. The tech support has been friendly, and precise, even waiting on the...

Cons

I wish the invoice templates were a little more striking in appearance. Just a little drab. Yes you can make your own but, a few more invoice template choices with invoicing would be nice with more life. That goes for the stock inventory as well. It tells the information, but looks boring. Just a little more lively looking reports would be nice especially when presenting these in company meetings. Example: "It's like 2 Ferrari's, one with the body just primed, the other with a sleek polished competition race paint job. Both perform the same, but one looks like it means business."

Almost amazing, but still very solid

Very happy with the product, since we are in the food industry lot code tracking is a huge priority. The way we work around not having this feature built in is that we have lot based inventory. So instead of setting it up as 'Widget A', 'Widget B' and 'Widget C' it's setup so that there are 10 lot numbers associated with A, 15 with B, etc.

Pros

Easy to use Accurate tracking Can setup multiple warehouse locations Customer service is top notch A lot of reports, can build customer reports if needed

Cons

No built in lot code tracking - there are work arounds for this but they aren't perfect and have their own issues which wouldn't be an issue if there was built in lot code tracking.

Hi Melissa! Thank you for the review and sharing the details on how you're working with lot numbers! You're right that it isn't an officially supported feature (we have locations and sublocations, but no lot number field). However, in case it helps anyone else who needs to use lot numbers with inFlow, we do have a suggested workaround in our Support KB: https://www.inflowinventory.com/support/cloud/how-do-i-track-lot-numbersbatch-numbersexpiration-dates/ Cheers!

One of the better offline packages I've tried, cloud based offering is coming along nicely

Support for this software is very good, I never have a problem getting a response, and there is a user based forum that also has a lot of information.

Pros

I liked that it was affordable, did not require that you pay a monthly subscription (for the offline version) and that it was more intuitive than most I've tried. The new integrated barcode feature of the cloud product brings this to the level of $10,000 systems I have used in the past.

Cons

The biggest con with both versions of this software is the inability to handle multiple warehouses properly. If an item you have is in multiple locations, it treats those locations as different bins on the same shelf, so it will not tell you that you need to order more for warehouse "A" of there is enough in warehouse "B,C,D" to meet the min/max criteria. This requires you to use different part numbers for the same thing in each warehouse, which is doable but annoying when it comes to transferring between warehouses and labelling.

Robust and Affordable Inventory Management

InFlow worked really well as an affordable inventory control solution with their one-time fee for a desktop version. Our client was a new industrial supply company with around 1000 items but very limited staffing. InFlow offered an unlimited number of inventory and sub-categories. We needed a program that was easy to learn with the ability to have real-time inventory counts, profit and cost of goods sold, along with sales quotes that could be moved into sales orders and invoices along with vendor ordering capability. Inflow provided what we were looking for in a desktop solution.

Pros

The inFlow Inventory program was quite easy to learn and compared to other inventory management software, really affordable. It also had the ability to integrate with Magento or Shopify for when our business client was ready to move into online sales and the ability to use barcoding. There were a number shortcuts in the program which was quite useful for a small business with inventory but with limited operations staff. For example, through the Vendor list, low stock can be identified with the Suggest Reordering feature. We found it was a fairly robust program for our small business client, but also easily installed, customized and managed with a fairly flat learning curve to run it with success.

Cons

The only major downside to the desktop version of inFlow was its inability to integrate with an accounting program. Although the reporting capacity gave all the information that was needed for management and financial meetings, the information had to be exported out of Inflow and imported into the accounting program manually. The cloud version of inFlow has this ability, but the desktop version did not. There was also no Mac version available.

It's the most comprehensive small business software I've come across with excellent customer service

Better tracking if purchases, inventory and sales, pretty much important in running a business.

Pros

I love that it has all the features from purchase to sales and the inventory functionalities are comprehensive. It captures almost all of our business scenarios. It is really comprehensive vs all other software that we evaluated. I would say that this is the top inventory software in its class, before the big ERPs. Also, their recent strategy to move to cloud with integration to popular platforms has made the software more relevant, and made our business easier to operate. Finally, the customer service is really great. They do interact with all users closely and they listen to product improvement suggestions.

Cons

1) it would really really be a big productivity boost to be able to create sales order, review customer receivables/orders, and stock transfers in the mobile app or at least in the web app

The best inventory control software around!

with Inflow we finally were able to control our inventory, prepare quotes, sales orders and invoices, in everything in one place, there's no need to buy extra modules.

Pros

Inflow is very easy to use, clear, easy to understand, and full of functionalities that interconnect smoothly, we can search from multiple fields, and the best is that they have now the cloud version at a fraction of the cost of similar systems, even with less functionalities.

Cons

The lack of integration with ecommerce marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, but I think the company is working on this.

Thanks for the review, Seann! We do have a sales integrations with Amazon for inFlow Cloud, but we don't support eBay and Walmart at this time. We'll pass that feedback on to our product team!

Gotta Love it

I've been using Inflow for 10 years and it does everything a small business needs.

Pros

Its user friendly. Very good tutorial videos.

Cons

Not able to format or personalize email.

Inflow Enhanced inventory Management For Free!

I love this platform because of its robust set of functions, I do suggest using someone with experience to set up the software if hosting on premise. The cloud version is much easier but also not free.

Pros

Inflow desktop is free and incredibly robust packed with features to accommodate all business types. With the ability to customize naming conventions (functions) this inventory and finance platform is beyond adequate for every kind of business. This platform can be expanded with paid modules to add functions such as barcode scanning and automatic updates to inventory. A paid cloud option is available with enhanced support and functions

Cons

The free version has very limited support and the setup is very complicated if you do not have experience in the platform. No clear path to API integrations Some functions are not available in free mode you must buy the enhanced modules

REALLY LIKING THE SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE AND HAS SIMPLE USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE

UNTIL MORE EMPLOYEES ARE FURTHER EDUCATED ON OUR PROCESS AND PLANS THE SOFTWARE WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO POPULATE AND GET US INTO GOOD HABITS AND ROUTINES, OTHER THAN THAT THE SOFTWARE WAS INCREDIBLY EASY TO SETUP. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EASILY POPULATE THE SOFTWARE FOR SEVERAL OF OUR AREAS AND DEPARTMENTS AND AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH VARIOUS MANAGERS.

Pros

PERSONALLY LIKE THE LOCATIONS FEATURES AND SUB-LOCATIONS, EASY TO ASSIGN ASSETS TO THEIR APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENTS AND USERS. I ALSO LIKE THE FEATURE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TABS AND FIELDS.

Cons

I WOULD LIKE FOR THE SHOWROOM TO BE ABLE TO BE SPLIT INTO SEVERAL OR VARIOUS SECTIONS....SUCH AS BEING ABLE TO FILTER ONE DIVISION FROM THE OTHER, POSSIBLY HAVING INDIVIDUAL SHOWROOMS FOR EACH DEPARTMENT SO THAT WE CAN MAKE IT EASIER TO FILTER EACH DEPARTMENT'S ASSETS AND HAVE THEM BE SHOWN ONLY FOR THEIR ASSIGNED USERS WE INVITE. WE ARE NOT USING THIS SOFTWARE OR THE SHOWROOM FOR CUSTOMERS, WE...

Amazing product, they are on the right track

For what I pay for this I am very happy. The saying you get what you pay for, well it does not apply here. The makers of inFlow have amazing support and are working hard to make this a great product for the little guy as well as the large company. I know that all of the bugs will never be gone 100% and to think that they will by anyone is foolish. That is the only reason I gave 2 of the 4 items the 4 stars. There are a few issues that need attention and they are working hard on them.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support

Cons

Changing the invoice look and feel, the online system

roughly 3 years experience using inFlow

Quality is tops - innovative. Took me some time to adapt to the program in general - probably because accounting is not my field of expertise. Found some limitations to the program e.g. limited usable space inside the remarks box of SQ to keep SQ a one pager. Customer support superb: always helpful, friendly and gets the job done. Currently I do not use all the features of the program hence program bit expensive for my needs - however i am excited with the scope the program offers!

Pros

A one time purchase, no recurring expenses unless additional support is required.

Cons

Slight limitations here and there based on personal needs, but I found ways to overcome those

Review of Inflow Cloud

We did not have an inventory program set up in any way before INFLOW. Using this program has helped us to keep our inventory more accurate. The ability to export information and create custom reporting is very helpful for the reporting we need to do here. We consider this to be a Platform that is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

We have found that INFLOW was willing to work with us to set this up to best fit our needs. We find the customer service and support staff to be incredibly helpful. They not only respond in a timely fashion to our requests, but followup with ideas and suggestions to be sure that we are not continually struggling with a project we are trying to set up.

Cons

I do not think the integration with QB fits our needs. There needs to be a 2 way integration with QB for credit card payments. Also, the invoices did not print out correctly without additional work on our end and the statement feature was difficult.

Head of Warehouses with more than 4 years of experience

Pass all Excel inventories very quickly and manage the products in more than 5+ stores

Pros

The flexibility that gives the user, if I need a report that does not have inFlow I can export / create it to Excel. I can also simply copy and paste data. I currently handle 6000+ SKUs in more than 5 stores, more than 100,000+ Sales without slowing down problems, or headaches. Thanks to this program you move from ordered storage to chaotic storage without problems

Cons

I do not have a clear disadvantage ... mmm ... I see that you can not handle products with expiration date, but that is not my item

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.