inFlow Inventory Logo

All-in-one inventory management software for small business.

inFlow Inventory Reviews

Suggested alternatives

fishbowl
cin7-core
netsuite

We love the showroom and have recently just reached out to customers giving them access. We also just love the GUI and how intuitive it is.
It's very powerful and affordable for small businesses. Plus their customer service team is one of the best I have experienced.
Customer service is always excellent and any issues we have had have been resolved quickly and with a friendly manner. We are looking forward to the new version with the Magneto integration.
This has on a number of occasions caused me to inadvertently overcharge customers, and is extremely embarrassing when it's they who notice it first and think I'm trying to "pull a fast one" on them.
Iphone app missing some functionality. Missing possibilty for sub-sub location.
Had a problem with my computer because of a security update, which caused my inflow to stop working.

Mina E.

ACCOUNTANT

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

inFlow Inventory Is Prestige

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Mina. I am Inventory Control Manager in Seven Star Wholesale. I rate inFlow...

Thanks so much for this feedback, Mina! We're glad you find inFlow so easy to use. We do have invoicing and stock counts available on our web and Windows apps right now, but we'd love to hear more about what particulars you need for your work. You can reach us at support@inflowinventory.com. Thanks again!

Julie L.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Good Inventory Management

Good reporting and accurate information.

Pros

As a marketing team, we rely on accurate inventory numbers for promotional items and print materials. This helps us to accurately forecast numbers and provide detailed reporting. Inflow helps our marketing and shipping teams do this effectively.

Cons

This software does not have an API option, which is something our company would greatly benefit from. If we were to switch, this would be the reason why.

SM

Steven M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Great WMS for a 3PL

The ability to invoice, manage inventory and run all the related reports is a great time saver.

Pros

It’s ease of use and ability for us to train new employees quickly.

Cons

Would like to see the ability to do multiple units if measurement. Knowing how many pallets is great, however knowing pallet and piece counts simultaneously would be even better.

TB

Tony B.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Wonderful Experience

I started using Inflow around 9 years ago. I have had to deal with a few other systems and I can assure you they can not hold a candle to inflow. Inflow has been the system that I have used to build our entire parts organization.

Pros

The ease of viewing product usage to determine min & max levels.

Cons

I really do not have an answer for that.

Thanks for taking the time to review inFlow, Tony. We hope to celebrate a decade of working with you sooon!

DA

Danish Azmat D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

A Tool of Efficient Inventory Management.

It is an effective inventory management system that covers inflows, tracking, sales & reporting That is what a business needs to get overall inventory insights for better decision making & customer service. It is indeed a value for money.

Pros

It is not very expensive & simple to use which helps you organize your inventory systematically. Customer service is also very helpful & responsive. The interface runs smoothly without hanging & meets its functionality without hassle.

Cons

The system is great for a small business run but some flexibility in customization options really help to overcome limitations & make it more compact & robust.

EH

Edward H.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

review of inflow Cloud

My experience has been overall good, very few complaints

Pros

It is all intuitive and easy to under stand, creating and managing part numbers and BOMs is easy.

Cons

The only option I know of to see what parts are still needed to be picked to complete a manufacture order is to hit the autofill button.

JS

John S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Great Software

Overall, it's one of the better inventory systems I've used.

Pros

It's very easy to use! When I first started at the company I work at, no one really knew how to use it. A few months after I started and watching a lot of the helpful YouTube videos, I had inFlow up and running and created a Showroom for employees to use to request items they need at their site.

Cons

I wish we could change an item from stocked to non-stocked without having to create a whole new part.

Glad to hear you're finding our YouTube videos helpful, John! In case it helps: you could export product details, change the ProductName and ItemType, and re-import the file. This would help you create a new non-stocked version of that product, without having to copy all of the descriptions or other details. You could then deactivate the stocked product. If you have any questions about this, just reach out to us at support@inflowinventory.com.

CB

Casey B.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Duit Construction

Very good product, some of the reports are lacking a little but good overall

Pros

Easy to use and understand and work through

Cons

I would like to see a few little features

BF

Brian F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great Product

It has been a great asset to our companies tracking of and distributing inventory accurately for our job costing

Pros

Organization of inventory for tracking and job costing

Cons

A little slow to get to know how to use the program

Shiva S.

11-50 employees

Inflow is effective, easy to learn and robust. But when it's not, the team at inFlow is phenomenal!

Inventory Mastery

Pros

I like the team of people that built it. I like that they genuinely care about my issues. And the quality of the software reflects the solid engineering behind it.

Cons

The security options and access control is very limited and not specific enough. I'd like to setup my users to have very specific access.

MF

Melissa F.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Love inFlow!

It's been a wonderful tool. We don't use the system for what it was created for; however, we use it as an inventory and asset tracking system for our consulting company.

Pros

The program is very user-friendly and the web version has a lovely, clean, sleek look to it.

Cons

Trying to enter the currency into purchase orders from different provinces than where I am from and from the USA.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, Melissa. If inFlow is helping you to organize inventory or orders faster, that's definitely one of our designed use cases.

MJ

MARY J.

Sports, 51-200 employees

INFLOW FOR WINDOWS

Hands down, the best decision we have made for Inventory tracking, order writing and invoicing.

Pros

We love the ability to easily enter orders and track their progress. The Reporting is amazing and the ability to customize fields is key to our ability to utilize INFLOW in the most efficient way for our Company.

Cons

There are not many cons. One would be the fact that once we import new data, the new pricing does not update on Purchase Orders. That would be super helpful for us.

Thanks very much for this great feedback, Mary! For PO pricing, this may depend on what kind of import is being done. But just in case it helps: if the PO price is different from the saved vendor price, you should see an icon beside the "Unit price" field to save that PO's price back to the vendor record. ^TW

JH

Jessica H.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Inflow Inventory is my go to product

10/10 would recommend. Keeps track of orders, customers , and inventory in one stop shop.

Pros

I like the user friendliness of this software. Being a small business it makes life a lot easier.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble uploading price sheets.

JD

James D.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very accurate and easy to use.

This program is so very easy to use. However, the price doesn’t include some features that we really wish that it would. The fact that you can either have cloud-based or device-based is not a good thing, especially when it’s something so important. If we had an internet outage, we couldn’t use it. If we wanted to be able to use it without internet, we lose the app compatibility. We shouldn’t have to decide between the two; there should be an option that includes both, and many people would pay to have that.

Pros

I love that I can use images and add barcodes all in the same place. It is so easy to use and even easier to teach others how to use it. I also like that I can get reports on how many items we’ve sold and to whom. The apps have come in handy so often, because when we did an inventory check, we were able to go around using the mobile app rather than having to go back and forth between the computer and the shelves. This app made life a lot easier, and support was so helpful during the few times we had issues.

Cons

It’s a tad pricey. In order to get the mobile app, you have to pay. This includes permission for two people to use the program. However, this includes support, which is definitely worth it. We would prefer to also have the option to have the inventory stored on our devices rather than just in the cloud, but if we changed to the inFlow On-Premise, we would lose our mobile device compatibility. We would be willing to pay a little more over the already-pricey cost to have the option to have it cloud-based and on our devices.

MC

Mark C.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

It's the most comprehensive small business software I've come across with excellent customer service

Better tracking if purchases, inventory and sales, pretty much important in running a business.

Pros

I love that it has all the features from purchase to sales and the inventory functionalities are comprehensive. It captures almost all of our business scenarios. It is really comprehensive vs all other software that we evaluated. I would say that this is the top inventory software in its class, before the big ERPs. Also, their recent strategy to move to cloud with integration to popular platforms has made the software more relevant, and made our business easier to operate. Finally, the customer service is really great. They do interact with all users closely and they listen to product improvement suggestions.

Cons

1) it would really really be a big productivity boost to be able to create sales order, review customer receivables/orders, and stock transfers in the mobile app or at least in the web app

Hey Mark, Thanks for the great review! Just wanted to let you know that it is now possible to do all the things you mentioned: create and review Sales Orders/ Purchase Orders, and Stock transfers in both the mobile app and also in the web app. Cheers, Cassandra

MC

Melissa C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Almost amazing, but still very solid

Very happy with the product, since we are in the food industry lot code tracking is a huge priority. The way we work around not having this feature built in is that we have lot based inventory. So instead of setting it up as 'Widget A', 'Widget B' and 'Widget C' it's setup so that there are 10 lot numbers associated with A, 15 with B, etc.

Pros

Easy to use Accurate tracking Can setup multiple warehouse locations Customer service is top notch A lot of reports, can build customer reports if needed

Cons

No built in lot code tracking - there are work arounds for this but they aren't perfect and have their own issues which wouldn't be an issue if there was built in lot code tracking.

Hi Melissa! Thank you for the review and sharing the details on how you're working with lot numbers! You're right that it isn't an officially supported feature (we have locations and sublocations, but no lot number field). However, in case it helps anyone else who needs to use lot numbers with inFlow, we do have a suggested workaround in our Support KB: https://www.inflowinventory.com/support/cloud/how-do-i-track-lot-numbersbatch-numbersexpiration-dates/ Cheers!

BS

Belinda S.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Robust and Affordable Inventory Management

InFlow worked really well as an affordable inventory control solution with their one-time fee for a desktop version. Our client was a new industrial supply company with around 1000 items but very limited staffing. InFlow offered an unlimited number of inventory and sub-categories. We needed a program that was easy to learn with the ability to have real-time inventory counts, profit and cost of goods sold, along with sales quotes that could be moved into sales orders and invoices along with vendor ordering capability. Inflow provided what we were looking for in a desktop solution.

Pros

The inFlow Inventory program was quite easy to learn and compared to other inventory management software, really affordable. It also had the ability to integrate with Magento or Shopify for when our business client was ready to move into online sales and the ability to use barcoding. There were a number shortcuts in the program which was quite useful for a small business with inventory but with limited operations staff. For example, through the Vendor list, low stock can be identified with the Suggest Reordering feature. We found it was a fairly robust program for our small business client, but also easily installed, customized and managed with a fairly flat learning curve to run it with success.

Cons

The only major downside to the desktop version of inFlow was its inability to integrate with an accounting program. Although the reporting capacity gave all the information that was needed for management and financial meetings, the information had to be exported out of Inflow and imported into the accounting program manually. The cloud version of inFlow has this ability, but the desktop version did not. There was also no Mac version available.

KP

KURT P.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Gotta Love it

I've been using Inflow for 10 years and it does everything a small business needs.

Pros

Its user friendly. Very good tutorial videos.

Cons

Not able to format or personalize email.

PN

Pat N.

Retail, self-employed

Excellent Inventory System

This has proved to be a good investment for my company

Pros

Capable of working with a large amount of inventory

Cons

Will not work with previous version of inFlow

Hi Pat, thanks for leaving a review! You're right that inFlow Inventory (our cloud-based app) doesn't sync with our older On-Premise version. But for anyone who wants to transfer from OP to our cloud app, we do offer free ways to migrate or export your data so you can move it to the cloud. Just reach out to support@inflowinventory.com with your details and we'll help with the right steps. ^TW

ML

Mai L.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

Improvement the system

when changing inflow premise to inflow cloud, some function is not same, difficult for work

Pros

inflow cloud, more convenience, faster, no need to thru main computer

Cons

not using frequently so not known, just admin

Hi Mai, thanks for supporting inFlow through On-Premise and now our cloud app. If you have any questions as you use our web, Windows, or mobile apps, please don't hesitate to reach out to support@inflowinventory.com. Our team is happy to help! ^TW

MJ

Mary J.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Review of Inflow Cloud

We did not have an inventory program set up in any way before INFLOW. Using this program has helped us to keep our inventory more accurate. The ability to export information and create custom reporting is very helpful for the reporting we need to do here. We consider this to be a Platform that is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

We have found that INFLOW was willing to work with us to set this up to best fit our needs. We find the customer service and support staff to be incredibly helpful. They not only respond in a timely fashion to our requests, but followup with ideas and suggestions to be sure that we are not continually struggling with a project we are trying to set up.

Cons

I do not think the integration with QB fits our needs. There needs to be a 2 way integration with QB for credit card payments. Also, the invoices did not print out correctly without additional work on our end and the statement feature was difficult.

AA

Angela A.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

I have used Inflow for almost 4 years and have not found a reason to change inventory systems yet.

The reporting offered by inFlow is very detailed and well laid out.

Pros

Inflow has a lot of characteristics and functionality that other inventory systems do not. With the easy access to view numerous pages at the same time is one of my favorite features.

Cons

The only thing that we have had trouble with Inflow Inventory is the fact that they do not offer an open API. The company that I work directly through a CRM and it would be wonderful to be able to connect orders directly to a customer. Currently we are having to manually share orders, which adds unneeded time spent.

SS

Sam S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great support, great software for our retail store.

Tracking vendors, stock, sales, and customers is a 1000 times easier and efficient because of inflow.

Pros

Easy to manage, inflow is now our companies sales and stock management backbone for our 3 branches. We print invoices, monitor and mange stock, etc.. Basically, all the standard actions taken from receiving and selling the item.

Cons

Everything is awesome. There is nothing negative about this product, the company is always stepping forward, from premises to cloud, I see a great future for this awesome company.

MB

Murad B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

I implemented for 50-100 employee company

good for start-up ERP implementation especially for small to medium companies.

Pros

ease of editing fields by myself without referring to an agent same as most of the others ERP do. The possibility of exporting a report to EXCEL and from there I can get any result I need; of course, you have to be skilled in EXCEL.

Cons

not possible to export invoices to EXCELinstead of WORD. Not possible to have invoicing tab segregated from packing list. I have to do it out the record in WORD.

AH

Andy H.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Great for my small business

I have a small business with several products. I find the inventory control easy and useful. The input of data is simple, so I have all my customer information. The reporting is excellent, so I can find out stock, costs, sales etc at the touch of a button.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am not much good at technical stuff, but I find inflow easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that springs to mind that I would change.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Andy. We really appreciate it!

JL

Justin L.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

A leap forward in stock control suitable for small manufactures

We needed a system that could be easily worked with by multiple functions in our small organisation. We needed it to be able to handle multiple currencies for sales and purchases in a simple and intuitive way. Finally we needed it to be able to give us clear oversight of our stock levels and give us the ability to manufacture products for our customers quickly without holding excessive stock levels.

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive. The You get a real sense that they are learning about their customers needs and are trying to build the functionality you need into the product. customer support is excellent and very interactive. I believe it has the ability to scale with us.

Cons

There are some niggly ways that the current systems works but these have been reported back to customer support.