Jobber Logo

Quoting, scheduling, & invoicing for home service businesses

Jobber Reviews

Suggested alternatives

housecall-pro
servicetitan
service-fusion

Jobber is fairly easy to use once you've had it for a while. They payment integrations are fantastic and the workflow from quote to job completion is great as well.
Very easy to use and was very simple and makes time management more effective. Was great in keeping up with clients and schedules.
I like how easy it is to store all my appointments and photos and everything all in one place. It is easy for all my coworkers to share also.
They are in Canada and the delay on their phone system is frustrating. I got dropped 2x and asked the guy to call me back from his cell phone and he said he wouldn’t.
The mapping system is TERRIBLE AND IT only allows you to reset the route two times a day.
Is technology costly or something. It is MAPPING and we may need to do it more than twice.

NF

Nichole F.

Owner/operator

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Best all around business app

Transcript

Nichole F.: My name is Nichole. I'm the owner and operator of My 3 Daughters, LLC. It's a cleaning and...

Rufus H.

Owner-operator

Construction, 1-10 employees

Should have switched sooner!

Transcript

Rufus H: Hi, I'm Rufus. I'm an owner. I give Jobber four out of five stars. And for more reviews like...

Paul W.

Food & Beverages,

Excellent company and excellent product

Makes things work so much better for us! There are small issues but we work through them. Nothing is perfect and for the price point this is phenomenally the best on the market.

Pros

Absolutely great system and easily adaptable to service companies. They are constantly adding features and functions and I hate to give only 4 stars on that but there are a few things that we would like to have but it doesn't incorporate. They are ALWAYS open to listening and I have actually had some of my ideas incorporated into the program. If I could give 10 stars on the customer service and value for the money I absolutely would. It is a simple program to use once you play with it for a bit. They are always updating which is awesome always new functionality available!

Cons

I don't like the fact that Visits and Jobs are treated separately with no way to combine them. I wish that you could set this up and for us, just delete the visit altogether because for us a Job is a Visit. They are always 1 to 1 ratio for us. It makes some of the scheduling frustrating because you can schedule a job but not have a visit scheduled. I can completely see how other companies need the...

OC

Olivia C.

Jobber Customer Support Employees Deserve a Raise

Pros

Jobber definitely has a learning curve. Any time I have ever had a question, though, Jobber support has been ULTRA helpful. Now that I am comfortable with the software, I love it. The setup makes it so easy to see what needs to be done so I don't miss anything, and the step-by-step process makes quoting, scheduling, and invoicing very streamlined.I find myself going "Oh, cool, Housecall Pro wouldn't let me do that" often.

Cons

The top two main concerns are issues with multiple contacts under a profile and calendar colors. I have no way of knowing what phone number/email goes to who, and I have up to 7 numbers under some of our commercial accounts. I need to be able to custom label numbers/emails other than "Work, Mobile, Home" Calendar colors is the only thing I miss from Housecall Pro. I could enter the HTML color code which made it so much easier to tell people apart on the calendar. While I'm at it, I'd like to be able to click and drag things at 15 minute intervals instead of 30 minutes; that would save me so much time.

Hey Olivia! This was such a detailed review, so thank you so much for sharing this with us! It's so nice to know that our Support team was able to help make sure you were set up and feeling comfortable with Jobber and that you've now got everything in place so that you won't miss anything. Really appreciate you flagging those concerns to us too! Our Support team can definitely offer suggestions for both the contact info you're needing to be more clearly labelled and calendar colors, so feel free to reach out to us to chat more about those pieces. It'd be great to hear from you!

JH

John H.

Chemicals, self-employed

Good but not great. Extremely slow to implement functional improvements

The biggest benefit for my industry is to have an all-in-one software that lets me manage clients, scheduling, billing, and reporting, and most importantly track and log my pesticide usage - which is a legal requirement for my industry. It does the first 4 things really well, but the chemical tracking is such a cumbersome, poorly designed abomination that I'll jump ship in a heartbeat the minute I can find a comparable CRM solution.

Pros

It's easy(ish) to get started. There's a lot to learn, like any software, but once you get used to it it's pretty good. Menus could be better, there's important features hidden in weird areas, but there's not so many different areas to explore that it's overwhelming.The ability to integrate a contact form into a website is a big one, it makes grabbing all of a customer's basic info a snap. Creating...

Cons

The short version of complaints is that Jobber devs simply don't listen. Ever. Years of submitting the same recommendations and complaints and nothing gets addressed. And I'm talking about fundamental critical changes that are vital to my industry, not cosmetic things or little bugs. But no, just the same lip service from the CS team "we'll certainly pass this along to our dev team". All they seem...

Hi there John! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. Jobber has been, and continues to be, built on customer feedback and we acknowledge that suggestions that are provided to us might not come to fruition. We prioritize development based on customer impact to the majority, but we encourage you to keep sharing any ideas you have and check the Product Updates area for...

MP

Michael P.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Change is not always good.

Jobber is a wonderful tool although a little pricey, It would be nice if it could be paid for in English oounds without the need for currency change costs.

Pros

The old home page was very robust and allowed for a good degree of business management on the fly

Cons

The new home page is a backward step in terms of usability of this platform

CS

Candi S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Easy, Simple but Powerful App

Overall our experience has been great. We haven't had to contact customer service but a couple of times and they are on top of it and that is very important to me as the admin, because I am not with my employees all day, I am at the office and when they have a problem, I point them to Jobber customer service and you guys are awesome. Our employees are able to really track their time on the jobs which in the end will help them when they apply for their own electrical license.

Pros

The fact that it was very easy to implement and get our staff on the app with such ease. The customer service is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I have punted questions from my employees over to the customer service chat on their own devices to answer their specific questions.

Cons

I wish that when we invoiced from Jobber and synced it with Quickbooks, that if we have a change on that invoice, that the change would sync over to quickbooks as well. I wish that there was like a daily journal feature that could be implemented somehow. My husband comes home at night and physically writes down all the things he did that day. So like a check list for himself. If I could get him to do on his Ipad, it would save him some time I think.

Hey Candi! This was such a thorough review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here! We especially appreciate your notes about wanting updates to sync to QuickBooks and some sort of journal space to hopefully save your husband some time. It sounds like the journal especially would be a big help for you two, so that's great feedback for us to have. Thanks again!

MT

Mike T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great concept but poor execution!

I have only had problem with jobber since I started. I still use 2 different systems because Jobber doesnt work as it is supposed to. I was misinformed about the product and nothing was really done to rectify the situation. Was asked to work with the develop team but was not giving the opportunity to be compensated for my time and was still charged full price when multiple features with the Jobber app, did not work the way it was supposed to.

Pros

The sales pitch.....unfortunately, poor delivery.

Cons

Optimized routing does not work the way it is supposed to. Job forms that you create cannot even be seen from the active job/visit, that you are on.

Hi Mike, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear that your experience with Jobber and routing hasn't been the best since you started. We would like to discuss this further with you to help find a solution, so please give us a call at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, email support@getjobber.com or reach out via our live chat

MS

Michael S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

A CRM built for the needs of home services!

Overall Jobber is very good. The customer support is friendly and knowledgeable but obviously lack any real input from customers to the devs. For the most part, they have wrapped up almost everything, but there are a few rough edges that need to be addressed. That said, I have not found a better CRM for home services.

Pros

Quotes are easy Collect a deposit Keep cards on file Ease of Scheduling Good mobile app

Cons

Unable to give partial returns through Jobber Payments Need more environmental variables Better API More triggers in Zapier Native texting is lacking in so many ways. Maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you could partner with a texting/phone/review product like Emitrr.

Hi Michael, thanks for your review! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience feel free to get in touch with our success team at 1-888-721-1115 Option 2, support@getjobber.com, or by live chat.

TH

Troy H.

Design, 1-10 employees

Jobber fits most needs for service/field type scheduling work

Great experience and would recommend it for most companies who utilize field/service type staff that requires trips to properties. Very easy to use for office staff and mostly easy to use for field staff.

Pros

- Easy to deploy - Syncs with Quickbooks - Many views to view work with filtering options - Ability to limit worker's capabilities - Ability to allow customers to request work - Ability to send quotes/invoices (though we used QB for this) - Scheduling was a breeze

Cons

- Phone app was not as intuitive as I liked from a UX/UI standpoint, but we overcame that hurdle - Recurring jobs can be difficult to delete and when you have many it can cause more harm than good. It is built more for one-off jobs currently in my opinion.

Hi Troy! Thank you very much for taking the time to send us a review. We are very happy to hear that Jobber is meeting your business needs. We would also love to hear more about how we could improve Jobber's UX/UI, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at 1-888-721-1115 opt 2, support@getjobber.com or via our live chat.

ST

Sierra T.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Best Small Business Scheduler Out There

I've tried lots of programs and this by far is the best!

Pros

I love how easy to use Jobber is, it just make sense. Customers can easily use it from their phone or computer. I get paid so much faster with Jobber payments. Plus its all automated and I don't have to remember to send things out Jobber does it for me.

Cons

No I love Jobber, they have exceeded my expectations!

Hey Sierra! We're so glad that switching to Jobber has been such a positive experience for you and your customers, and that you've been getting paid faster too. That's awesome! We really appreciate your review, thank you so much!

RR

Robert R.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Inexpensive but same features as the big guys

Overall it's been excellent.

Pros

It does everything from taking a call to payment.

Cons

I don't like the fact that the office personnel are not free and unlimited as all the competitors. Each office staff is forced to be an individual user. We have 4 users being wasted on dispatchers alone.

Hi Robert, thanks so much for your review and we're glad Jobber is doing the trick for your job flow from call to payment! We offer quite competitive pricing, but if you're ever concerned about the value you're getting from Jobber our Success Team is here to help and talk things through. Thanks again!

JM

Jordan M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Good, could be more customizable.

We are able to make use of most of the features. For the price, it is worth it. We mainly use it for scheduling employees and keeping track of timesheets. Also, the client Database is quite useful.

Pros

We like the scheduling and the client portal.

Cons

We don't like the invoicing procedure. Having to add everything from the timesheet to the job is tedious and could be done easily with a change to the program.Why not have the option to populate the invoice with all of the current man hours/visits that are on the job when generating an invoice?

Hi Jordan! We really appreciate your review of Jobber and your feedback! We'll certainly send your comments to our developers. If you ever have more feedback for us, please reach out to our Support team and they'd be able to provide it to our developers. They may be reached at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, support@getjobber.com, or you can send us a message through live chat. Cheers!

ZS

Zianne S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Just do it!

Pros

This is not just an app. I literally use Jobber for every aspect of my business. They’re always adding new and helpful features that will take your business to the next level of efficiency. I’ve never been this enthusiastic about giving a 5 star review— they really deserve it. They also care about community. I highly highly recommenced you choose this app/site if you’re looking for a platform to manage your service/booking based business. It will give you everything you’re looking for.

Cons

To be completely honest, theres nothing I can pinpoint that I don't like. There was a request I had a while back regarding adding a new feature, and magically, they added it within months (To be able to manually input credit card payments for invoices). They seriously consider their customers requests. I have so much faith in them because they're always improving.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review, Zianne! We're so proud to work with the Elite team and it's been great having your involvement in some of our community events! So glad to have you on the team, and don't hesitate to keep those requests coming so we can work some more of that "magic" ;)

KW

Kathleen W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Software with the WOW factor

It was like a breath of fresh air. IT WORKS! Its simple. Its intuitive. The knowledge base is also excellent. We installed this is the month of April, coming off a disaster with another company. Our Garden center business was off the charts busy, and to undertake a project like install a new program was 'unthinkable' crazy, and yet we could NOT continue with the software we were trying to use, it...

Pros

How amazingly easy was to implement. This was so refreshing, so easy. and it works SO well. I can not say it enough. It does what it says it does. It does it well. It simply to use. It is complete. I don't think there is anything they haven't thought of . We have used and trialed many other packages. This one blows the others out of the water.....

Cons

I know there must be something, only I haven't found any thing to be unhappy with. I like everything so far. NO CONS at this time, 6 months in.

Hi Kathleen, we couldn't be happier to hear that your experience with Jobber is going so well. So glad to have you on the team. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with other business owners :)

JH

Jim H.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Jobber is a great job scheduling, quote & invoicing platform. I would recommend it to anybody.

I already answered that question

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. Employees can easily see their jobs in mobile app. Entering client & job info is a breeze even for new employees. Live chat is available and the issues I have had have been easily solved via live chat. Quotes are easy to find in the system and can easily be converted into jobs with minimal or no extra data entry. Invoicing is easy and seamlessly integrates...

Cons

Can't do line item discounting on quotes...customers like to see normal price next to discount price....also certain items on a quote need a discount without discounting the entire quote....currently a discount can only be shown after the subtotal and the discount will apply to the entire quote, discounting labor before discounting a taxable item. Can't send generic quotes easily...sometimes we...

CR

Cade R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best Software company

Pros

What I most like about jobber is the ease of control and the client portal, my clients love being able to go in to their each unique portal and check on reoccurring jobs and upcoming visits.

Cons

What I most dis like about jobber is the incoiving because i sometimes have to do it twice but this is not that big of a deal as i am automating everything.

Hey Cade! We're so glad your clients have been enjoying using the Client Hub to keep up to date on their upcoming work, that's so cool! If you're open to it, our team would love to chat with you about your invoicing workflow to find out how we can help streamline that for you and make things as easy as possible. Feel free to reach out to us at 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), support@getjobber.com, or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts here too, we really appreciate it!

CE

Carlos Eder L.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Exceptional Software Solutions - Highly Recommend!

Pros

I absolutely love how Jobber has simplified our daily operations. It's become an essential tool for us, allowing us to easily manage scheduling, reminders, and online bookings. Plus, it's made a noticeable difference in keeping our business organized and running smoothly. Additionally, the GPS routing feature has been a game-changer, and being able to communicate with our customers via text message has been a huge time-saver. Lastly, the automation for online quotes and payments has made our business operations much smoother. Overall, we highly recommend Jobber to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient software solution for their business.

Cons

Great question! Honestly, we haven't come across anything that we dislike about Jobber. It's been an incredibly helpful tool for our business operations and we highly recommend it.

AA

Andora A.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Could be fantastic, but lacks features in quoting/estimating and as communication hub.

good

Pros

Very good app except the very basic quoting/estimating, job scheduling and customer communication 'capabilities'. Jobber works very well without glitching both on browser and on app, very clean look, without too much going on to be distracting. However the issues I have with above mentioned make me constantly search for alternatives. If they continue to improve and make changes to these 3 areas, the software would be perfect. I don't see that happening soon though since focus seems to be on integrating very expensive 3rd party apps that don't benefit small businesses.

Cons

The scheduling function is good but could be much better if they allowed for other schedule types that aren't one time or on an easily recurring schedule. For landscape, we have visits on one contract that are weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, twice yearly, etc. So usually between 45-60 visits included in a single quote. But because they don't all fit into a neat recurring schedule, I usually include the...

Thank you for the review and feedback, Andora! We really appreciate the detail you shared, especially around scheduling out your landscaping jobs. This kind of context really helps as we build solutions for small businesses. We will be sharing this with our developers but would also love to discuss possible workflow solutions with you! A member of our Support team will be giving you a call to help and to gather any more feedback you might have. Thank you again!

CN

Clayton N.

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Jobber user since early 2016

Jobber is great - Still needs improvement - We will continue to grow with Jobber!

Pros

Jobber is great & I love it. Since day one we have adapted & curtailed our layouts & formats to what Jobber has to offer - It has worked out very well! JOBBER IS GREAT! I strongly recommend Jobber! However, there are some things that I would love to see changed! Question No. 1 - "Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Question...

Cons

"Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Can Jobers improve on the accounting side of things? For example: If a customer of ours has a credit of $200 (on their account) & we send them an invoice for $100.00 ***I would like to see this communicated to the customer better! - In British Columbia, our power company (BC Hydro) has a good format that will advise customers that no payment is required (Due to their credit) ***I wish Jober had stuff like this, I wish the accounting side of things was more diverse. I HATE IT WHEN JOBBER IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Clayton! Thanks for leaving us such a detailed review! We really appreciate the feedback you provided about text formatting and credits, and we will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate teams. We would love to be able to develop features based on all the suggestions provided to us, and we're always happy to take any feedback you have as it does help us better understand where we have room to grow. We can never make guarantees about updates, but please always feel welcome to share your ideas with us and know that we love to hear them!

CY

Chris Y.

JOBBER HAS IT ALL BUT FALL SHORT ON THE BASICS

The basics of what Jobber is built around is route scheduling and can do so much more. The basics of being able to simply organize routes while out in the field (like other apps offer) has been overlooked

Pros

Jobber is a great idea with excellent customer support. The support for this product is through the roof excellent! The overall programming is huge, you can do a ton of stuff with Jobber.

Cons

The Achilles heel is this; jobber is designed to be used as a route manager for administrators and employees. The idea is that an employee can load up his or her daily tasks and go to work. From an employee’s stand point that is easy enough. Click on the first job for the day and they are off . . . . . First part of the problem we are experiencing with jobber is that if the employee is not within...

JD

Joseph D.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Jobber A Maybe for Business

Pros

The software is ok, but has great online support.

Cons

Very poor features, like text communication to clients does NOT go into client communication on the client personal log/file. It is housed in the text platform in jobber. So you have to look into two area to find out all comm. on one client. Quote from Jobber support: With the texting service it is through an integration with Twilio, this is part of why it is separated. Were you specifically looking...

Hello Joseph! Thank you for your review and feedback! Jobber is always updating and evolving, and we appreciate hearing how folks would like it to behave as this helps us understand what matters most to you. It looks like our Support team has sent your feedback to our development team and hopefully this can be something that is addressed in the future. Please feel welcome to reach out again if you have any other suggestions or feedback for us. We would love to hear from you!

AC

Adam C.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Expensive for minimal features and support

Jobber is good for someone just starting out due to it's ease of use but if you want to do any MailChimp or resending quotes you better be willing to pay a lot of money. The companies major claim is to help small business but they rob you blind in overly expensive monthly fees and payment processing.

Pros

The layout is the best part. Calendar is easy to read and simple for set-up. Sending quotes is also great as they are easy to read and pre-populating the items

Cons

They are extremely expensive if you want to do anything past the basic functions. They really force you to use the top-tier plan if you want to do anything. They have the highest credit card fees in the industry and most expensive monthly plan. Jobber costs my business over $1,000 a month and we do about 90% of our transactions through EMT to avoid their crazy fees. The office isn't open on weekends at all or in the evenings which I find hard to understand when many of their user base would be working during the day on site and no able to access a computer.

Hi Adam, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you've been having a good experience getting your calendar organized and quotes out with Jobber. We pride ourselves on offering competitively priced plans and payment processing fees, and typically hear that our prices are heavily justified by things like the value of time savings, customer service, and increased cash flow. We'd love to work with you to make sure you're getting the most of Jobber, so please reach out to our Success Team to chat more. We've recently expanded our evening customer service hours to offer support in the evenings and we're always adapting our customer service based on customer needs, so thank you for this feedback!

MG

Madonna G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Customer service is beyond appalling! Features that you pay for just don't work.

You can sign up and pay them money without ever speaking to anyone but when you want to cancel they say that you MUST call there office in the US and if you don't and your subscription expires, you have no access to your account. Meanwhile, your clients are still getting appointment emails and the program keeps going along without you able to stop it. Customer service is beyond appalling, you send a request and you get a response after 4-6 days with a question and then you have to wait another 4 -6 days for another one-line email with another question - it is beyond frustrating. Features I am paying for just don't work and it has been 8 weeks now and I am being asked the same questions over and over with no answers.

Pros

Absolutely nothing worth the price they are asking. Super expensive with features that just don't work and they don't seem to care.

Cons

I signed up because of the payroll and employee scheduling capabilities but it turns out that during my first QB sync that this doesn't work. It syncs employees time in at 5 hours earlier so I am having to manually input them every week. Appalling customer service - minimum 4 days to reply to emails (new person each time who asks the SAME questions over and over) its been 7 weeks and they haven't worked it out yet.

Hi there Madonna, First off, we would like to apologize for all of the frustration you experienced with our team and the issues happening with time entries not properly syncing over to QuickBooks Online. What happened here is far from our goal at Jobber, which is to help people in small businesses be successful. We took a look at the history of this issue and it looks like there were some communication...

RK

Rebecca K.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Absolutely necessary for any small business in the trades

We highly recommend this service program to everyone that we know in the trades. Not only is it a Canadian based company, the customer support has been superior. When shopping around, Jobbers representatives actually listened to our needs & helped us find a program that fit what we would actually use. Other companies were just show boating & just tried to upsell us to their most expensive packages. We really appreciate the care & dedication Jobbers team takes to ensure their customers are well taken care of, & that the program runs as efficiently as possible.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the convenience of all the features & the customer support from their team can’t be beat!

Cons

The only complaint we face would be the lag in some services, however, it’s such a small inconvenience. The pros definitely outweigh that small annoyance.

Hey Rebecca! This review was so lovely to read, thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest thoughts about your experience with Jobber so far! Our team is always so excited to learn more about businesses and what might work to make running their business smoother, so it's always so nice to hear that that's contributed to a positive experience. We'd love to learn more about any sort of lag you're seeing with service too, so please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Support team to chat more about what you're noticing there. We can be reached at 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), support@getjobber.com, or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you! Thanks again!

JM

John M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

If You Are Serious About Your Business And Family GetJobber!

My company an exterior maintenance company where we seal and repair asphalt, interlock, flagstone and concrete. We are the biggest name in our field and with that comes a strong demand for organization. Jobber has allowed us to exceed our productivity goals which increases our customer satisfaction and ultimately our bottom line. With jobber we are able to create client (and potential client) accounts...

Pros

Seamless and productive with small to medium businesses in mind.

Cons

Some minor programming issues. Jobber lacks the ability to "select all" or multiple accounts or service orders at the same time. Being a very high volume company that causes me a lot of grief when I have to close 100 or 200 jobs but have to do it all one by one.

TE

Tonya E.

Small Business Dispatch Software

6/10

Pros

Easy scheduling, And Client communications

Cons

Invoicing, Products and Service Tabs, Maintenance tracking and Quotes

Hey Tonya! Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad that you've found scheduling easy with Jobber and would love to learn more about how we can improve in other areas. We love feedback, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at support@getjobber.com, 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you!