Nintex Process Platform Reviews

Pros

It is so well integrated with SharePoint. I have also been amazed at the willingness of Nintex product engineers to provide webinars, help and best practice advice.

LB

Liz B.

MZ

Mario Z.

MZ

Mario Z.

Cons

The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service.

System errors in a workflow are not descriptive. Troubleshooting the root cause can be difficult.

SW

Scott W.

CB

Caroline B.

4.1

The Best Process Automation Tool on the Market

I've been an avid user of Nintex products since 2013. I started out as a basic user of the platform, to then building workflows and forms, to now consulting on it. Nintex is a really simple product to use. When you compare it other tools like SharePoint Designer Workflows/InfoPath, or even newer products from O365 like Flow/PowerApps, Nintex still stands above the rest. It's just a super simple product to use. A lot of the functionality is drag and drop. You can easily drag and drop controls into the designer. It's then easy to construct the settings within those action to fit your needs. The logic easily flows together. This can all be done without any in-depth IT experience. Any user in the company can be trained to use Nintex and create workflows and forms for their business needs.

Pros

The entire Nintex suite is unlike any other process automation product out there. Not only is it a low-code, easy to use tool for building processes in environments like SharePoint or Salesforce, they have really started to expand their tool-set by offering tools to manage other things like process mapping, RPA, mobile. This list goes on. Nintex can do it all.

Cons

To be honest, there aren't many things I dislike about Nintex. One complaint I hear a lot from clients is the pricing of the tool. It can be expensive, but like you always hear, you get what you pay for.

Tackle Large Problem With Ease

Nintex has given us chance to be more gainful. This instrument has a ton of in OOB capacity which not just causes us to control the measure of customization and furthermore enhances the time spent for any new element expansion. The item is adaptable and has part of intensity in itself which multifold when gets added to SharePoint out of box capacities. The item has a decent and solid work process demonstrate which is extremely dependable and furthermore gives chance to troubleshoot the issue. The item has been very much acknowledged by all end clients and they like the portable good element the best.

Pros

The extensive variety of work process ability which encourages incredibly to decrease customization in SharePoint. Any day to business capacity will be accessible in Nintex out of box.We have spent a great deal of cash and endeavors in tweaking part of SharePoint application. I wish we could have discovered this item previously with the goal that we could have dodged the customization. Making arrangements for Nintex is extremely vital, when we begun we figured we will improve the situation just 15% of the application yet now we figure we could have expanded that rate. Since client selection for Nintex is superior to any custom arrangements.

Cons

The UI still looks like minimal old and can be significantly moved forward. Thee organization is making a decent attempt however when analyzed against a few companions I see prerequisite of upgrades. In the event that you contrast and some other cloud based item you probably won't care for the look and feel which may be minimal old.

Good product with poor account management

This review is for the Nintex Workflows on-prem server licenses. It does a better job than SharePoint Designer on the process automation in SharePoint and different applications/servers. However, due to the drama on the account management side and the higher pricing to the cloud, I will not consider implement it in the cloud environment.

Pros

The workflow design canvas also works as a documentation platform for the project release or even the audit review. With the purchase of license, we can create unlimited workflows with the old pricing model. We learned the new subscription model prices based on the number of workflows on the cloud, and the price is higher than what we would like to afford. I am glad that we only use Nintex Workflows in the on-prem environment.

Cons

The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service. Within a year of the license purchase, I have been contacted consistently with 6 different account managers and ALL of them wanted to know our company and learn how we used Nintex!?! Initially I talked to them, then I realized every of them is new to Nintex and I just kept repeating the same conversation to different account...

Nintex is a true enterprise platform.

Overall I love the Nintex Platform. Early on, with no training, there were some advanced workflow items that I found difficult to do, but with the many platform updates and upgrades, things are much easier to accomplish. Their form platform keeps evolving to be more user-friendly and simpler to use. They keep adding more functionality and integrations into the workflow. And most of all, I have had good customer service.

Pros

Nintex makes creating forms and workflows easy. No programming experience needed. Nintex is my go to form and workflow platform. The ease of creating smart forms, and creating a simple to complex workflow behind them is just what we needed. Even though I am in IT, I love that my super users/business analysts can use Nintex for their own business needs.

Cons

Would love better permissions on SharePoint forms and a simple way to close tasks from the original form. This can be done with Nintex Workflow Cloud to a certain extent but not as easily with SharePoint online. Would love to be able to do cross-site queries inside of Nintex Workflow.

Scalable Product

Outstanding.

Pros

Nintex neatly fills the gap between SalesForce and emailing a colleague... where a full scale workflow manager is overkill... but unmanaged communication isn't cutting it. For setup, Nintex eschews coding in favour of graphical workflow setups. Each node on the workflow as modular attributes and options that affect how the system works; as the administrator, it bridges your abstract workflow designs...

Cons

The product is priced according to the number of workflows, not the number of users. It can be difficult to sell this product in small companies where the ROI is skewed by few users/ numerous workflows. For numerous users/ moderate workflows, this product sells itself.

Powerfull but slow and with a lot of bugs

I was a huge fan of Nintex for the on premise SharePoint. But since my customers are moving more and more to Office 365 I'm becomming more reluctant because of the performance issues

Pros

Its possible to solve a lot of issues using Nintex without the need to code

Cons

The performance is very slow. Especially when using Nintex Forms for SharePoint online. We have a huge issue with user acceptancy because of this. Loading a form can take over 30 seconds. In addition there are a lot of frustrating issues in the designer: its not possible to modify or even to check the settings on references. You need always to start all over, if you want to change something. Sometimes configured actions brake without any reason.

Nintex Forms & Workflow Engine

Both Nintex Form & Workflow design and development is very user friendly including the deployment too...

Pros

Creating complex custom forms using Nintex is very easy and user friendly...a Layman can also build the form easily...

Cons

Many time the workflow didnt trigger immediately and it will take few minutes and says it is in queue...

Best Business Process Automation Tool

Pros

Nintex is so easy to understand and pick up. Anyone form a BA to a dev can pick this up and build workflows, forms and even mobile apps without writing code.

Cons

Each product is different. You have thing on prem, that are not in O365 and things in the cloud that are not on-prem.

DocGen for Salesforce by Nintex has saved us thousands!

Pros

DocGen is a huge timesaver. We have shaved hours off our daily workload by being able to automate our proposal system through salesforce.

Cons

The initial set up is difficult. It has a pretty steep learning curve unless you're a programmer/admin. Support is very responsive with any questions, however, so getting a resolution should be quick and easy.

Nintex used to be a usefull and stable system for the money

We did integrate a lot of processes into SharePoint. this was easy and very visable. Due to pricing increase we are forced to leave this nintex system and look for an alternative system.

Pros

- Easy to use - Good customer support - Good functionality across the microsoft platform - good visualization of the flow

Cons

- We started useing the Nintex license for a normal license pricing based on number of users. This year they changed the pricing strategie depending on number of workflows. - This increased the price by 10X - This is no longer the correct price for the system, this is no longer a correct pricing. - it is not possible to print out the flow

NO CONTEST - seriously

My background: 3 years embedded 24/7 in the Nintex on-prem toolset building custom solutions in the financial services industry. During that time, Nintex became my go-to toolset for accomplishing the impossible. I was appointed to my current consulting position primarily as a result of that experience, and have functioned as a subject matter expert in this environment ever since. Nintex has recently...

Pros

Its sheer, unadulterated power. I've built single Nintex workflows where a dozen Flows couldn't do the same job in the same time, with the same level of efficiency. I also found it far easier to learn than Flow - I still hate that POS. It's hands-down the most efficient automation toolset I've ever used.

Cons

It's obviously difficult to match the on-prem power in an O365 world and there are functions in the on-prem space I'd dearly love to see duplicated across, but we all know that everything has an opportunity cost. In order to get some of the awesome new functionality in the O365 space, some of my favourite toys may need to be sacrificed.

Simple workflow for everyone

Here are some process we have dematerialized : - Internal Purchase Order - Approval of none business working hours - Customer order approval - Availability planning resources - Employee Annual review - Word generation - Multiple forms of customer data creations

Pros

With Nintex, you can easily create workflows and forms. Without any software / development skills, you can create powerfull forms and workflows. For example, we have created a purchase order application that send email (lazy-approval) to manager asking their approval for the PO, and simply by answering the email, the PO can be approved of rejected. We are using Nintex inside our Intranet (SharePoint) platform. Features I like : - lazy approval - Word generation (based on data in SharePoint) - Call Webservice (simple query / update in another system) - History - Wysiwyg forms (and responsive) - And a lot more !

Cons

There is not so cons about Nintex (maybe it's pricing ?)

A good tool to automate your business processes

Nintex is generally a good tool. SharePoint with Nintex features seems even more attractive and satisfactory.

Pros

Nintex is really easier to set up and configure. For end users who are actually not good in programming and who do have any coding experience, Nintex is a great advantage so that they can go to SharePoint Platform and create their own workflows which allows to automate business processes. As an engineering team, we chose Nintex over default SharePoint Workflows, because it gives more functionalities to the basic SharePoint platform and it extends SharePoint with new features which are not currently available in SharePoint. Visualization and overall User Interface are really well designed, which allows for effective user experience.

Cons

However, the tool is not supported effectively, I would say. It has to be given more consideration and care when customers ask for help. This is just a kind advice to Nintex. The second of all, the performance is a bit slow and overall architecture is a bit complicated which it really makes it difficult to learn, implement and configure the tool over SharePoint. Nintex has also a lot of dependencies on SharePoint and this makes it difficult to scale effectively. For new releases, it could better if they notify the administrators, engineers in customer companies to be aware of the current changes, additional new features.

Feedback from Daily User

Our business has massively benefited from the introduction of Nintex Forms and flow and have been able to take some of most cumbersome process and improve efficiencies significantly. We look forward to implementing some of the newer features in the future and possibly some other aspects of Nintex as a whole.

Pros

Simplicity in form creation, particularly with new version and the ease of linking to SharePoint lists. Love some of the new features I have seen and am waiting for everything to be in the SharePoint version. There are so many things i could say but as far as this type of product is concerned, in my opinion it is definitely the best.

Cons

Requirement to know code for some things. Most of it is there but when it comes to specifics then I find it hard to find the information I need to be able to achieve something. I also don't find help material logical and it takes a long to filter to find the exact answer to sometimes very simple questions. Also wish there were more workshop/training opportunities around SharePoint form creation and flow. Lastly, flow is extremely difficult to view and follow when they becomes large.

Review for Nintex Workflow only

Overall Nintex workflow has allowed us to streamline several business processes (including RMA, Shipping document creation, etc. ) in our manufacturing environment. Site workflows have improved data transparency to business users and owners. Note: Nintex workflow might be a solution for Nintex to fix their license renewal process!

Pros

Visual workflow tool that is easier to use and troubleshoot that standard SPD workflows. In the past 3+ years myself and team have been able to achieve workflows that would not be able to be done with SPD: including pushing SP form data to word templates, site reporting workflows and interacting with excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Software is fine despite unexpected canceled workflows with poor guidance on why it canceled. Support / purchase and renewal process is not transparent. The renewal process is not straightforward and this year in particular we have gone through 5 different contacts (Nintex employees and Nintex 3rd party) to just renew our yearly license. Very confusing and frustrating for a simple process.

DevFacto Technologies - Reseller Partner review

Our overall experience has been exceptional. The suite of products is high quality and the staff are very supportive, reactive, positive and very pleasant to work with in every aspect of needs and requirements.

Pros

Nintex is visual so technical and especially non technical end users get a very clean perspective on how its configured and used to streamline many day-to-day Business Processes. Our Consultants have great success showcasing how it brings value to every department or division in the corporation as it seeks to become faster, more accurate and lean in process automation.

Cons

It's premium price. As our Customers are exposed to more and varied solutions from many different providers it is sometimes a little more difficult to justified a premium priced suite of products.

Review of Promapp

Only used Promapp so the overall experience for that is very good. We are documenting process to ensure staff (and the organisation) know what they are or should be doing, to training new people, to capture institutional knowledge, and of course push accountability for process and Risks into the right business area and to the right people

Pros

Ease of use, presentation of content (except Risk Module), the methodology for content

Cons

Administration tasks for updating Roles, Users, etc needs to have more bulk load and update functionality. The Risk module is causing a bad name within our organisation for Promapp in general. It needs work and our person who manages that module is already in discussion with our Customer Success Manager

Easy to Use Process Automation For Quick ROI

Pros

It's an easy interface compared to other low code tools that does make it quick to use and quick to learn.

Cons

Due to the simplicity of use, it's hard to build and manage very complex solutions in it. It can also suffer with performance at large scale.

Nintex for SharePoint

Nintex is the foundation of our workflow structure across a large organization. We could not achieve our SharePoint design requirements without Nintex.

Pros

Much more flexible and customizable workflow solution for SharePoint. Much better form generator and much better customization for forms.

Cons

Limitations on form activity. Documentation of form customization is weak. Some features do not work as anticipated.

Wonderful... and then it Breaks

My overall experience with Nintex workflows has been a positive one. Even though I am experiencing the "failed to run" errors currently, all of my other workflows run and continue to operate smoothly. I continue to suggest incorporating Nintex workflows into our processes.

Pros

The Nintex workflows are amazingly intuitive. As long as you have a firm understanding of what you want to happen, the Nintex workflow can make it happen. The functionality is amazing.

Cons

The workflow breaks. Randomly. Failed to run, failed to start errors when there seems to be nothing wrong. I only see this issue in my most complicated workflow. All others run business as usually.

Nintex Workflow and Forms - Do you need the bleeding edge?

Generally positive. As a long time customer, we have been happy and successful with them.

Pros

The best thing about both the forms and the workflow is how you can get detailed and fine grained with it. It goes beyond generic

Cons

The pricing is increasing and the value is dropping over time. The basic and included features and functions of Office 365 are rapidly getting better and more inclusive of the types of things most solutions require (making forms look good and responsive, approvals, etc).

Nintex has the best SharePoint product

Ability to create nice forms and complex workflows to create entire systems on SharePoint.

Pros

As far as the Workflow and Forms products for SharePoint, it has no equal in the SharePoint world. You can create custom and advanced forms and complex workflows to do nearly any job imaginable. They have a great community and there are many consultants available for anyone to work with Nintex programs. The customization and automation we were able to put in place with Nintex let our entire organization be more efficient .

Cons

It is an IT piece of software and therefore few users will be comfortable with using it. But as an IT professional or SharePoint admin that understands logic and flow, it's the best software available. Also the cost is expensive, especially with the subscription model.

Review of Nintex workflows on premise

Pros

This product is great for on premises SharePoint. It improves and expands the capabilities of SharePoint workflows significantly and allows for a lot of functionality that is not possible with the SharePoint 2010 workflows, plus you do not have to install the obsolete Workflow Manager in 2019.

Cons

I am glad that SharePoint on premises is still supported. This is where the strength of the software is.

Great Product Easy to use

I used it for ten years it is a great solution to easily automate the most complex proceses

Pros

Ease of deployment Rich features Great Look and feel Easy for users

Cons

Sometimes Buggy Some of the features are limited In some cases easy deployment becomes complex due to unavailability of features and use of workarounds

Great bundle of features for Process Management & Process Automation

Pros

This tool is so easy to use and provide Flexible drag & drop designer option to develop Advanced workflows, forms, & state machines .It is seamless to Integrated across different systems . Works well with SharePoint on premise and SP Online . Love using it.

Cons

Licencing cost is bit expensive which some time creates hurdle for customer who is having budget constraints.