Nintex Reviews

Nintex

Cloud-based digital workflow management automation platform

Nintex

Review Summary

Pros

Nintex custom forms are amazing to use and super effective as well as a front end to gather information.

Mario Z.

Nintex is generally a good tool. SharePoint with Nintex features seems even more attractive and satisfactory.

Cons

The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service.

Very confusing and frustrating for a simple process.

This is no longer the correct price for the system, this is no longer a correct pricing. It is not possible to print out the flow.

Jan D.

4.1

The Best Process Automation Tool on the Market

I've been an avid user of Nintex products since 2013. I started out as a basic user of the platform, to then building workflows and forms, to now consulting on it. Nintex is a really simple product to use. When you compare it other tools like SharePoint Designer Workflows/InfoPath, or even newer products from O365 like Flow/PowerApps, Nintex still stands above the rest. It's just a super simple product to use. A lot of the functionality is drag and drop. You can easily drag and drop controls into the designer. It's then easy to construct the settings within those action to fit your needs. The logic easily flows together. This can all be done without any in-depth IT experience. Any user in the company can be trained to use Nintex and create workflows and forms for their business needs.

Pros

The entire Nintex suite is unlike any other process automation product out there. Not only is it a low-code, easy to use tool for building processes in environments like SharePoint or Salesforce, they have really started to expand their tool-set by offering tools to manage other things like process mapping, RPA, mobile. This list goes on. Nintex can do it all.

Cons

To be honest, there aren't many things I dislike about Nintex. One complaint I hear a lot from clients is the pricing of the tool. It can be expensive, but like you always hear, you get what you pay for.

Review of Promapp

Only used Promapp so the overall experience for that is very good. We are documenting process to ensure staff (and the organisation) know what they are or should be doing, to training new people, to capture institutional knowledge, and of course push accountability for process and Risks into the right business area and to the right people

Pros

Ease of use, presentation of content (except Risk Module), the methodology for content

Cons

Administration tasks for updating Roles, Users, etc needs to have more bulk load and update functionality. The Risk module is causing a bad name within our organisation for Promapp in general. It needs work and our person who manages that module is already in discussion with our Customer Success Manager

Good product with poor account management

This review is for the Nintex Workflows on-prem server licenses. It does a better job than SharePoint Designer on the process automation in SharePoint and different applications/servers. However, due to the drama on the account management side and the higher pricing to the cloud, I will not consider implement it in the cloud environment.

Pros

The workflow design canvas also works as a documentation platform for the project release or even the audit review. With the purchase of license, we can create unlimited workflows with the old pricing model. We learned the new subscription model prices based on the number of workflows on the cloud, and the price is higher than what we would like to afford. I am glad that we only use Nintex Workflows in the on-prem environment.

Cons

The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service. Within a year of the license purchase, I have been contacted consistently with 6 different account managers and ALL of them wanted to know our company and learn how we used Nintex!?! Initially I talked to them, then I realized every of them is new to Nintex and I just kept repeating the same conversation to different account...

Easy to Use Process Automation For Quick ROI

Pros

It's an easy interface compared to other low code tools that does make it quick to use and quick to learn.

Cons

Due to the simplicity of use, it's hard to build and manage very complex solutions in it. It can also suffer with performance at large scale.

Review of Nintex workflows on premise

Pros

This product is great for on premises SharePoint. It improves and expands the capabilities of SharePoint workflows significantly and allows for a lot of functionality that is not possible with the SharePoint 2010 workflows, plus you do not have to install the obsolete Workflow Manager in 2019.

Cons

I am glad that SharePoint on premises is still supported. This is where the strength of the software is.

Powerfull but slow and with a lot of bugs

I was a huge fan of Nintex for the on premise SharePoint. But since my customers are moving more and more to Office 365 I'm becomming more reluctant because of the performance issues

Pros

Its possible to solve a lot of issues using Nintex without the need to code

Cons

The performance is very slow. Especially when using Nintex Forms for SharePoint online. We have a huge issue with user acceptancy because of this. Loading a form can take over 30 seconds. In addition there are a lot of frustrating issues in the designer: its not possible to modify or even to check the settings on references. You need always to start all over, if you want to change something. Sometimes configured actions brake without any reason.

Great Product Easy to use

I used it for ten years it is a great solution to easily automate the most complex proceses

Pros

Ease of deployment Rich features Great Look and feel Easy for users

Cons

Sometimes Buggy Some of the features are limited In some cases easy deployment becomes complex due to unavailability of features and use of workarounds

My experience on Nintex

using Nintex workflows actually helped fixed alot of bad habits in my company, for example the incorrect approval compliance, the waste of printing alot of papers and forms, which also saved alot of storage space just because we needed to keep some documents for a certain period of time

Pros

I have been using Nintex for a few years, love how great it is integrated with SharePoint, well considering that is where Nintex started;) during the years, I have digitallized a lot of my system within my company, e.g. the HR system I built using Nintex including leave hiring and onboarding. Also alot of different approval system within the company.

Cons

When using nintex with sharepoint, sometimes the permission settings between SharePoint and Nintex can be quite tricky, and may leads to some workflow errors for less experienced administrator, hopthere maybe some features in the future allowing nintex to deploy the permission to sharepoint automatically

Nintex the Next Gen

It’s good software to automate the business process in all angles and ease to end user to manage.

Pros

Workflow, Analytics and all in one for customer

Cons

Some features are not worth it or little confusing

Simple Workflow Management and Process Automation Platform

It allows you to create workflows and automate processes. Its integration with MS sharepoint is great. You need to consider main product which you are going to use as basis.My experience was based on MS sharepoint.

Pros

I used NINTEX integrated to MS Sharepoint and It allows us to automate some business processes very easy. Its integration with MS Sharepoint is great.

Cons

Workflow creating is not easy. You need to plan very firm at upfront. Also, its flexibility to modification and customization afterwards not easy.

Tackle Large Problem With Ease

Nintex has given us chance to be more gainful. This instrument has a ton of in OOB capacity which not just causes us to control the measure of customization and furthermore enhances the time spent for any new element expansion. The item is adaptable and has part of intensity in itself which multifold when gets added to SharePoint out of box capacities. The item has a decent and solid work process demonstrate which is extremely dependable and furthermore gives chance to troubleshoot the issue. The item has been very much acknowledged by all end clients and they like the portable good element the best.

Pros

The extensive variety of work process ability which encourages incredibly to decrease customization in SharePoint. Any day to business capacity will be accessible in Nintex out of box.We have spent a great deal of cash and endeavors in tweaking part of SharePoint application. I wish we could have discovered this item previously with the goal that we could have dodged the customization. Making arrangements for Nintex is extremely vital, when we begun we figured we will improve the situation just 15% of the application yet now we figure we could have expanded that rate. Since client selection for Nintex is superior to any custom arrangements.

Cons

The UI still looks like minimal old and can be significantly moved forward. Thee organization is making a decent attempt however when analyzed against a few companions I see prerequisite of upgrades. In the event that you contrast and some other cloud based item you probably won't care for the look and feel which may be minimal old.

NO CONTEST - seriously

My background: 3 years embedded 24/7 in the Nintex on-prem toolset building custom solutions in the financial services industry. During that time, Nintex became my go-to toolset for accomplishing the impossible. I was appointed to my current consulting position primarily as a result of that experience, and have functioned as a subject matter expert in this environment ever since. Nintex has recently...

Pros

Its sheer, unadulterated power. I've built single Nintex workflows where a dozen Flows couldn't do the same job in the same time, with the same level of efficiency. I also found it far easier to learn than Flow - I still hate that POS. It's hands-down the most efficient automation toolset I've ever used.

Cons

It's obviously difficult to match the on-prem power in an O365 world and there are functions in the on-prem space I'd dearly love to see duplicated across, but we all know that everything has an opportunity cost. In order to get some of the awesome new functionality in the O365 space, some of my favourite toys may need to be sacrificed.

A good tool to automate your business processes

Pros

Nintex is really easier to set up and configure. For end users who are actually not good in programming and who do have any coding experience, Nintex is a great advantage so that they can go to SharePoint Platform and create their own workflows which allows to automate business processes. As an engineering team, we chose Nintex over default SharePoint Workflows, because it gives more functionalities to the basic SharePoint platform and it extends SharePoint with new features which are not currently available in SharePoint. Visualization and overall User Interface are really well designed, which allows for effective user experience.

Cons

However, the tool is not supported effectively, I would say. It has to be given more consideration and care when customers ask for help. This is just a kind advice to Nintex. The second of all, the performance is a bit slow and overall architecture is a bit complicated which it really makes it difficult to learn, implement and configure the tool over SharePoint. Nintex has also a lot of dependencies on SharePoint and this makes it difficult to scale effectively. For new releases, it could better if they notify the administrators, engineers in customer companies to be aware of the current changes, additional new features.

Feedback from Daily User

Our business has massively benefited from the introduction of Nintex Forms and flow and have been able to take some of most cumbersome process and improve efficiencies significantly. We look forward to implementing some of the newer features in the future and possibly some other aspects of Nintex as a whole.

Pros

Simplicity in form creation, particularly with new version and the ease of linking to SharePoint lists. Love some of the new features I have seen and am waiting for everything to be in the SharePoint version. There are so many things i could say but as far as this type of product is concerned, in my opinion it is definitely the best.

Cons

Requirement to know code for some things. Most of it is there but when it comes to specifics then I find it hard to find the information I need to be able to achieve something. I also don't find help material logical and it takes a long to filter to find the exact answer to sometimes very simple questions. Also wish there were more workshop/training opportunities around SharePoint form creation and flow. Lastly, flow is extremely difficult to view and follow when they becomes large.

Review for Nintex Workflow only

Overall Nintex workflow has allowed us to streamline several business processes (including RMA, Shipping document creation, etc. ) in our manufacturing environment. Site workflows have improved data transparency to business users and owners. Note: Nintex workflow might be a solution for Nintex to fix their license renewal process!

Pros

Visual workflow tool that is easier to use and troubleshoot that standard SPD workflows. In the past 3+ years myself and team have been able to achieve workflows that would not be able to be done with SPD: including pushing SP form data to word templates, site reporting workflows and interacting with excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Software is fine despite unexpected canceled workflows with poor guidance on why it canceled. Support / purchase and renewal process is not transparent. The renewal process is not straightforward and this year in particular we have gone through 5 different contacts (Nintex employees and Nintex 3rd party) to just renew our yearly license. Very confusing and frustrating for a simple process.

Scalable Product

Outstanding.

Pros

Nintex neatly fills the gap between SalesForce and emailing a colleague... where a full scale workflow manager is overkill... but unmanaged communication isn't cutting it. For setup, Nintex eschews coding in favour of graphical workflow setups. Each node on the workflow as modular attributes and options that affect how the system works; as the administrator, it bridges your abstract workflow designs...

Cons

The product is priced according to the number of workflows, not the number of users. It can be difficult to sell this product in small companies where the ROI is skewed by few users/ numerous workflows. For numerous users/ moderate workflows, this product sells itself.

DevFacto Technologies - Reseller Partner review

Our overall experience has been exceptional. The suite of products is high quality and the staff are very supportive, reactive, positive and very pleasant to work with in every aspect of needs and requirements.

Pros

Nintex is visual so technical and especially non technical end users get a very clean perspective on how its configured and used to streamline many day-to-day Business Processes. Our Consultants have great success showcasing how it brings value to every department or division in the corporation as it seeks to become faster, more accurate and lean in process automation.

Cons

It's premium price. As our Customers are exposed to more and varied solutions from many different providers it is sometimes a little more difficult to justified a premium priced suite of products.

Nintex for SharePoint

Nintex is the foundation of our workflow structure across a large organization. We could not achieve our SharePoint design requirements without Nintex.

Pros

Much more flexible and customizable workflow solution for SharePoint. Much better form generator and much better customization for forms.

Cons

Limitations on form activity. Documentation of form customization is weak. Some features do not work as anticipated.

Wonderful... and then it Breaks

My overall experience with Nintex workflows has been a positive one. Even though I am experiencing the "failed to run" errors currently, all of my other workflows run and continue to operate smoothly. I continue to suggest incorporating Nintex workflows into our processes.

Pros

The Nintex workflows are amazingly intuitive. As long as you have a firm understanding of what you want to happen, the Nintex workflow can make it happen. The functionality is amazing.

Cons

The workflow breaks. Randomly. Failed to run, failed to start errors when there seems to be nothing wrong. I only see this issue in my most complicated workflow. All others run business as usually.

Nintex has the best SharePoint product

Ability to create nice forms and complex workflows to create entire systems on SharePoint.

Pros

As far as the Workflow and Forms products for SharePoint, it has no equal in the SharePoint world. You can create custom and advanced forms and complex workflows to do nearly any job imaginable. They have a great community and there are many consultants available for anyone to work with Nintex programs. The customization and automation we were able to put in place with Nintex let our entire organization be more efficient .

Cons

It is an IT piece of software and therefore few users will be comfortable with using it. But as an IT professional or SharePoint admin that understands logic and flow, it's the best software available. Also the cost is expensive, especially with the subscription model.

Great bundle of features for Process Management & Process Automation

Pros

This tool is so easy to use and provide Flexible drag & drop designer option to develop Advanced workflows, forms, & state machines .It is seamless to Integrated across different systems . Works well with SharePoint on premise and SP Online . Love using it.

Cons

Licencing cost is bit expensive which some time creates hurdle for customer who is having budget constraints.

SharePoint workflow made easy

We were able to automate processes with very little code by tapping into the SharePoint workflow engine.

Pros

It's rather simple to use, administer and maintain. Once it's deployed you're typically good to go. Upgrades are also rather straight forward.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is, its paint and putty on top of SharePoint. It's worth money, I just question the amount of money.

System limitations and Performance (Nintex Workflow and Nintex Form for SharePoint Online)

Pros

Nintex Workflow easy to use, there are many options/features, the Nintex form also has great features.

Cons

Performance of the Systems, it takes times to load the Nintex form in SharePoint online, take time to start workflow, no option to track status (Cannot show in visual as in Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2010) of the workflow instance, the system/workflow is currently not support setup delegation.

Nintex Forms & Workflow Engine

Both Nintex Form & Workflow design and development is very user friendly including the deployment too...

Pros

Creating complex custom forms using Nintex is very easy and user friendly...a Layman can also build the form easily...

Cons

Many time the workflow didnt trigger immediately and it will take few minutes and says it is in queue...

Nintex Review

We use Nintex within most of our SharePoint applications. The software provides a quick easy to maintain process automation for these applications.

Pros

The ease of use. Creating and updating workflows is very straight forward and intuative

Cons

Debugging workflows can sometimes be a challenge