Shopventory Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.15/10

See full reviews by rating

CUSTOMER SERVICE and responsiveness are amazing. I truly feel that they care and are active in their endeavors to make Shopventory to be exactly what their customers desire and need.
Their support team is fantastic and is more knowledgeable about other platforms like Square than the Square customer support teams. When dealing with integration issues).
There is a few basic things missing, like the possibility to write notes on a partially received PO, or if you make a mistake. In fact you can't write notes anywhere which is quite annoying.
I wish I could give more than 5 stars, they deserve the sky. We will 100% be purchasing a subscription and will not consider it to be wasted money at all.
We had two locations that were very hard to manage, one was an open air market where sales went very quickly and this software solved our problems instantly.

Jared W.

SaaS Admin

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Powerful, but with quirks

Transcript

Jared W.: My name is Jared. I'm a systems administrator, and we give Stopventory a five out of five stars....

CM

Chris M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Excellent customer service, product good so far.

I'm new so the functioning is hard for me to rate but so far so good.

Pros

Honestly, It's the best I have experienced with any company ever (including Clover which is pretty good) I've worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They have all been polite, helpful, and very polite (they don't make ya feel dumb for asking) as well as super quick to respond. I have honestly not needed a call because the chat actually is clearer, quicker, and more efficient. I bet their call help is just as good. Other tech companies could take a lesson from their chat support team.

Cons

It is a little hard to learn but I am new. I think It's just going to take some time like any other software.

Hey there! Thank you so much for the great review of our Customer Care team! It means a lot to us that you've had an awesome experience with them.

FE

Fernando E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

The Multi-Tool of Inventory Management!!!

Super solid experience, while there has been some learning and need to reach out to support from time to time the user experience, the functionality, accuracy and ability to track modify and cycle count inventory is top tier. I've used Square Retail, QuickBooks POS, LightSpeed and a few other smaller programs that boast inventory management. They all pale in comparison... and if you want Brick and Mortar (I'm using Square and WooCommerce) Shopventory can manage it all whether I want stand alone inventory or pooled inventory it has me covered! Love it!

Pros

Shopventory first and foremost is unbelievably user friendly. From day one it is easy to setup, maintain and even if you are unsure of anything on the platform, knowledgeable support and guidance are a click away... yes even during a pandemic!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the addition of managing serial numbers, but that really speaks to maybe 2-3 products for me so while nice to have. I wouldnt sacrifice the ease of use or multi platform functionality of Shopventory for being able to use SN# with a far more confusing and less robust competitor.

Fernando we are so glad that you have found Shopventory to be user friendly, easy to setup, and easily maintained. We agree that our customer support team is fantastic and very helpful! We'll let our developers know about your request to add managing serial numbers. We are always working to improve Shopventory for our customers. Thank you for your five star review!

HH

Hillary H.

Wine and Spirits, 51-200 employees

Inventory Management

Pros

I like that we can see lot costs & when we bought them.

Cons

I really hate that there isn't a a way to firewall on other stores so that any changes you make are for the store that you are logged into. I don't like the amount of clicks it takes to make a purchase order. I don't like that you can't change the retail on a product on the purchase order screen.

MD

Mike D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Into the light

Feels like it has been hard work to get to basic implementation

Pros

The software is super quick compared to usual methods on spreadsheets etc and seems very accurate. The ordering system is lightening fast, a few clicks and you have a PDF to send to suppliers

Cons

Difficult to set up, lacking some functionality and sometimes seems longwinded. Would be better if you could click to open email addressed to supplier instead of going to outlook, finding suppliers email and attaching order.

Hi Mike! Thanks for leaving us this review. Great feedback on the speed of using Shopventory and how our Purchase Orders are "lightning fast". We don't disagree! Totally hear you on the functionality you're looking for with regards to emailing your suppliers directly from Shopventory. We have this ability with our Invoicing tool (you can email your customers an electronic invoice directly from Shopventory), but it is not currently available with Purchase Orders. It's high on our list! Thanks again and we hope to get this feature out soon for you!

RS

Rusty S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

A very robust and powerful inventory software

Accurate inventory. Accurate data. Excellent customer service.

Pros

It has good reporting. We had a little learning curve because we've been with them so long they have implemented so many additional functionalities! Once you get past the learning curve it is smooth sailing. And their support is the best I've seen in the industry. I always there for you to walk you through the issue. And their tutorials are easy to follow.

Cons

It's really nothing but it does so much there is a learning curve to learn and know everything it can do for you. Once you learn all it can do you have a lot of data to analyze. It's an awesome system.

Rusty, we are so glad you've been able to use our advanced reporting capabilities to get accurate inventory and accurate data! We keep adding new features to our software and understand that it can take a little time to start to utilize all of the different reports and features that we offer within our software. We are happy to hear that our support team has been there for you every step of the way as you learned the software and that our online tutorials have been useful! Thank you for your 5 star review.

RB

Rachel B.

Godsend!

When we signed up for the Clover POS it was under the guise of being an all-in-one for our business. That has proven to NOT be the case. Shopventory has seamlessly filled in the gaps Clover has. The bundling of products and superb inventory management/tracking. If you're finding that you aren't getting enough data, can't do what you need to do to track your stock, or other basic business functions,...

Pros

The ease of use, customer service support and response rate and quality.

Cons

If there were an option to calculate the freight and taxes into our purchase order item costs it would be perfect. But that's a minute issue we are already familiar with dealing with.

Rachel, you're too kind! We're so pleased to be able to share the tools businesses need to run well, and it's a joy to hear about them in action. Keep the suggestions coming. We look forward to working with you this year!

KC

Kathy C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The product is great, the support is A+!!

Hands-down I have to give all of the credit to signing up with Shopventory to rep who is part of the support staff. She is impressively patient, spent hours working with me as we transitioned to Shopventory and is always extremely helpful whether I need phone or chat support.

Pros

It's been extremely helpful to have software that manages our inventory with important reporting AND integrates our Square Point of Sale system with our E-commerce​ store, Woocommerce.

Cons

There are some limitations in reporting and filtering, but I know Shopventory is constantly updating and improving.

Hi Kathy! Thanks a ton for your review. It's fantastic to hear that Shopventory has been a valuable solution to run your business with WooCommerce and Square. As you mentioned, we're always adding and improving features. Make sure you keep submitting your requests! That's how we know what to build next.

Dayley S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Simple yet great!

My overall experience with the software was great, and cannot really fault it. My business used this software for around 12 months while the company sold merchandise.

Pros

I like that its pretty straight forward and self explanatory. It doesn't take someone with a lot of previous inventory knowledge to pick up and start using this software from day one.

Cons

It doesn't have all the features that some alternatives softwares have.

LL

Lynne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Customer Service Excels with Shopventory

Pros

I am not the major user but it is simple to navigate and tech support is right there for any questions no matter how smallShout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] today! The patience of a Saint.

Cons

No problems so far in my department. We have a very unique system marriage and a very small business and for what I do it is straight forward

AH

Anthoney H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Pros

This software is easy to use and helps with inventory management especially the stock forecast and dead inventory report

Cons

The software could possibly be modernized at least with the appearance

AB

Amy B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory helps us keep track of our online & in-store inventory

Overall, Shopventory has helped us combine and keep track of our online & in-store inventory by integrating with our new point of sale system. There was a bit of a learning curve, but the program is relatively user-friendly and support is available for questions that arise. There are many available features for a fair price, and the program does most of what we need it to do.

Pros

We are a small retail store and Shopventory makes it easy to create barcode labels, print tags, create purchase orders, view sales, and display current inventory. Stocktakes with an integrated barcode scanner are an easy way to take and update inventory. The program integrates well with our Shopify point of sale + online store and when we make changes in Shopventory, the updates are reflected in Shopify quickly. I have chatted with Shopventory's customer service representatives multiple times and they are responsive and helpful. There are also ways to input reorder quantities and be notified when you are running low on stock.

Cons

We don't like that purchase orders cannot be edited after they are created. Sometimes Shopventory quantities are slow to update after an item is purchased, although if you click on the quantity that will usually update it. The program will also update at random times and if you don't save what you're doing frequently, you could lose your work. You can also only input digits to three decimal places.

JG

Jay G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory & Clover - A great combination!

Shopventory has allowed us to stock more of what sells well, less of what doesn't, and not reorder dead product. Overall we have increased sales and decreased inventory. With several time consuming tasks now automated we are spending less on payroll maintaining the inventory.

Pros

Shopventory was good when it came out, and keeps getting better. They are always adding new features and reports without having to upgrade. In the beginning I was concerned that an "App" would not be able to handle our inventory in real time. After several years I can say that it easily handles thousands of titles of sheet music, and emails me daily titles needing to be reordered. We have since moved all the inventory from QuickBooks to Shopventory. Noteworthy today - they have GREAT customer service!

Cons

There really are no Cons! It works, and it's uptime is very close to 100%.

Hi Jay, thanks so much for the review! It's awesome to hear how Shopventory is helping your business with so many daily details that add up over the long haul. That's exactly what we want to see! Thanks for sticking with us for over four years now, we're looking forward to the next four!

KC

Kevin C.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

A great all-in-one software for multi-location management

I've been using Shopventory for over 3 years now and it has been great. It was a brand new app when we started using them and they have just been adding new functions and making everything work! The multi location reporting and inventory management is super easy to use and it just works every time. Their customer support is always a great help. They are hard at work improving this day by day and I can't wait for what news in store! Great for multi-store operations and an all-in-one program for most if not all needs!

Pros

The best thing about Shopventory is that I can manage all my locations from one single page. I have a primary warehouse that receives all goods and then distributes to our retail locations. With a couple clicks I can adjust inventory counts of ALL locations. It's just really easy to do and I don't have to go into each stores inventory software and manually adjust each thing. Literally saves me hours of work every day. I can create purchase orders directly from Shopventory and it'll email my vendors my order automatically. It has many more nice features that really help!

Cons

Not really a Con for the software, sometimes it glitches and lags due to being cloud based when it is under heavy load but those issues have been less and less every update. It is a board software that is doing many things so it is expected occasionally. A quick logout and login fixes the issue if there was one. No other issues in my experience.

Hey Kevin, thanks for the great review! You're correct. We're improving our offering every day based on the feedback from customers such as yourself. We're glad that you've been with us for so many years and we're looking forward to many more!

mh

mark h.

Pretty Good Product with Great Customer Service

Pros

I needed something to help me track my inventory better that also integrated with my Square POS and Shopventory did the trick. It was kind of difficult to set up but the customer support was amazing and they helped me every step of the way. I probably took at least 2+ hours of their time just to help me set up a free trial account. The main reason I signed up for it was to get functionality that wasn't present in square such as setting COGS. Overall I am happy but hope to see some feature improvements in the future.

Cons

A few drawbacks which make Shopventory difficult to use: No mobile app. This is a pretty painful pill to swallow to be honest. As a small business owner, often times I can only go shopping for ingredients when I have some spare time. Having the ability to check stock levels in real on my phone while i'm shopping would be a huge win. Currently, I try to login to their website on my phone but it isn't...

Hi Mark, thanks for the review! We're glad you have been able to use Shopventory to understand the true profitability of your products. It makes us happy to hear that! Shopventory has two free mobile apps that you're welcome to download: The first is our Dashboard App ( https://help.shopventory.com/reporting/dashboard-mobile-app ) which gives you a pulse on your business health at all...

LA

Luigi A.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Robust with Incredible Customer Support

Shopventy has enabled us to do business in a way that I could have only dreamed of. Since the launch of shopventory we have experienced some our largest internal developments and growth. It has helped us grow and further develop new uses for Shopventory. Key features that have been the most impactful: Shopventroy enables us to add, remove stock adjust via desktop or mobile application with low latency. Shopventroy...

Pros

Integrates seamlessly into existing business software and POS's such as Clover & Shopify. Ability to sync stock and update product info across multiple platforms with a reasonably low latency.

Cons

There are some software quirks and nuances that are odd, but they are easy to become familiar with and the development team pushes out regular software updates (daily to weekly).

Hi Luigi, thanks so much for the review, and for partnering with us! It's our mission and joy to support businesses like yours as best we can, making it easy to combine your Clover & Shopify store management is music to our ears. Keeping the team organized and inventory up to date is our mission and we are so glad you are finding Shopventory useful!

CH

Caleb H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory is a great software

Pros

Shopventory is defenily great at linking a great inventory with square or syncing between to platforms such as square and shopify or woocommerce or even clover. There definitely is a need for something like shopventory.

Cons

There are a few things I wish they had on the software but with the team working hard I feel like they will add more stuff. I would like to see a option where if you get the same product from multiple vendors that it tell you to get a product that is below par from the cheapest vendor first. This would save lots of time trying to figure out the cheapest place to find that product again. I feel like...

Thank you for the kind review Caleb! We're so glad to hear Shopventory is continuing to make things easier for your business. Those are great insights into vendor comparisons. We do plan on adding more of that kind of automation to the app soon, and your suggestions help point us in the right direction!

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Great for Small Businesses with Multiple Locations

Pros

Provides all the inventory management features you wished that Square provided (like a followable paper trail). Makes putting together transfers and orders a breeze. Great, quick customer service team when you have an issue. Constantly improving the system as well as adding features. Great way to tie together your WooCommerce / WordPress store with a physical location. Have been working on mobile apps like an inventory scanner app for smartphones.

Cons

The pricing tiers are the main issue. Once you go above 3 integrations (locations, so for example, 2 stores and a website) you have to go to their 10 location tier, which is over double the price. You can't add a pop-up or anything like that. User access controls have been improved greatly, but are still less customizable than I would wish. Because the development team is small, they sometimes introduce bugs into the system that will mess up your inventory, but the customer service team is great and will fix it for you pronto.

Hi there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We're always working on ways to improve our offering and have introduced several new user access permissions (for employee cycle counts) recently. Please let us know if you have any other great ideas! It makes us happy to hear that you love our Audit Log tool and Purchase Order/Transfer system. We just launched a big update to the Audit Log and made Purchase Orders automatic!

SB

Sheila B.

Top of the line company

In a retail situation, the inventory is what the business revolves around. This program is the best and easiest to use. I have tried a few. Their Support Team is the best. They go out of their way to help you solve a problem is it can be solved. However, users do make not smart moves sometimes. Some of these cannot be recovered from. I had a problem with SKU's last week, their tech support went in and helped me reset all my SKU's to something that was valid. No one stops until a problem is solved.

Pros

The software is easy to use. A lot of features are being upgraded on a regular basis. Seems there is a way to do whatever you want to accomplish. If it is a feature that would benefit a many of their clients, they upgrade as soon as they can.

Cons

Not much really. Every so often, I find something I would like that it doesn't have. However with the help of their Top Notch Support Team, we can usually find a way around to get what I need. You are also dealing with someone in the United States. No language barrier.

Hey Sheila! Thank you for the review. We're glad to have you as a customer!

LW

Lisa W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect for our retail music store

Shopventory has allowed on-site and remote monitoring and inputting of our merchandise and sales. It integrates very well with our POS system and we are very happy with the functions of seeing our actual profit margin in real-time. CUSTOMER SERVICE and responsiveness are amazing! I truly feel that they care and are active in their endeavors to make Shopventory to be exactly what their customers desire and need.

Pros

The ability to have access to real-time information and to update products and inventory from our retail location as well as away is great!

Cons

There are only minor items that I would like to have included, but they are very minor and likely specific to our particular usage. Not at all deal-breakers.

JP

Jason P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Shopventory Customer Care Saves the Day

I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] today, and he helped me out a bunch! I was confused about creating products and making them per unit pricing products. He was able to take the time to help me figure out it was way more simple than I thought. I loved the commitment he brought. I also love that I got some help quickly!

Pros

Keep up the great work! The way you guys integrate multiple stores and online selling is amazing.

Cons

If I had to say something, I would add that your help blogs aren't very advanced. I know you have to reach the basic users for the most part, and make it easy for them to understand. I feel as a pretty experienced user I'm quite a bit above the current topics. So when I go to look for advice, it doesn't take me very far. So then I end up getting lost on where to go, or over think what I should do. Thankfully you have great customer service, and they help me through it all.

LA

Liam A.

Music, 11-50 employees

Review - Shopventory

Terrific.

Pros

Once I worked out the variant stuff (thanks for all your help [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!) it was fantastic for creating items with multiple ingredients. I found it more accurate than any stock system I had used before, and it's integration with Square fast and seamless. The customer service is INSANELY good! Thanks for all your help guys. Once the global madness is over, we'll be right back.

Cons

I would like the stocktaking process to be simpler, and more customisation with report start and finish times. Also, please more decimal points for variants! For us as a business, we use Shopventory most to get a 'value used' figure at the conclusion of each week- this is the value sold + any wastage & comp stock, so as to determine the weekly cost of goods sold. I'm able to use my own spreadsheet in conjunction with Shopventory to get the figure, but I would love to be able to do it in one click through the platform.

Hi, thanks so much for the kind review! We take our software and service seriously, and are so glad to hear you've had a great experience. We love your insight for improvements as well! Just recently we released a feature to make stocktaking simpler by incorporating barcode scanners--just scan your products, upload, and counts are done! More decimal points are on the radar. As for reporting, we'd love to chat further about how we can help get the numbers you need faster, perhaps using our Inventory Change Report. Please reach out to our support team when you get a chance and let's collaborate!

CM

Chelsea M.

Retail, self-employed

Great Customer Service!

The customer service is top notch! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me get setup and walked me through the entire process. I had approximately 1,000 - 2,000 skus. I had to do major clean up on my data before loading (which was my own fault, I had different skus for quite a few of the same products in my two different systems *facepalm*). I also received

Pros

I had a brick and mortar retail business and also had a website. I used square for brick and mortar and shopify for e-commerce. It had become extremely difficult removing/adding inventory between the two systems and I needed a solution that would sync the two inventories. I also had an issue of overselling inventory. Shopventory corrected both of those issues.

Cons

When you bulk upload new products, you cannot add a description, categories, etc. Instead, you must go back in and use a bulk edit spreadsheet, find the products just uploaded and then add in the missing data. With that being said, I made this suggestion and am told it is being worked on, so that's great! One other thing, if you use shopify and have tags on your products, once shopventory syncs it sees tags as "categories" and will create those categories and products are "duplicated" into those categories.

Hi Chelsea, thanks so much for the review! We love hearing that Shopventory makes it possible to have a store and sell online without spending all day managing it, especially during this pandemic. Thanks for your suggested improvements as well, we take those seriously and will keep you posted on updates!

JB

Jessica B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I am very pleased with their product. I don't really have to worry too much about inventory management. They keep all the information organized and easy to access.

Pros

The customer support is fantastic. I like being able to send n instant message and getting a response within minutes. They have always either fixed my issue or provided me with clear and concise directions to fix it in my end.

Cons

I would prefer it to link directly to QuickBooks.

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for the review, and for partnering with us for over two years now! It's our mission and joy to support small businesses like yours as best we can :) We do have some syncing available for Quickbooks Online now, and hope to improve and expand on that in the future as well! Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on that front, we're happy to chat.

KG

Kirsten G.

Great Stepping Stone

This is a great stepping stone product for those that haven't grown large enough for the "big guns" but need an easy-to-use database that integrates well with current POS systems.

Pros

We needed software that could integrate with Square and offer purchase order tracking, cost of goods sold, vendor info, and beyond. Shopventory provides that. It's intuitive and has GREAT customer service.

Cons

There isn't a way to track customer special orders. I would have liked to be able to input more info on the item screen like vendor item number and case packs.

Hi Kirsten, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! It's been great working with you. As for special orders, we have a feature in the works that may be perfect for you--I'll reach out to discuss further!

AH

Ashley H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Most practical and affordable inventory tracking system

Pros

Inventory can be daunting when you offer one-of-a-kind items. I've been using Shopventory for over 2.5 years and I wouldn't know what to do without it! It allows me to easily track my inventory and cost of goods without headaches come tax season.

Cons

This is definitely not a con on the software, but I always have questions when updates occur since things get switched around. The team is always there to offer support and makes these transitions painless!

Hi Ashley, thanks for making Shopventory part of your business! We love to hear that our app makes for less work and easier accounting for you. We're always trying to make it even better, so keep the questions and insights coming, we love to hear from you!