Thrive by Shopventory Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

Reviews by rating

The customer service I think is the best feature. They are pretty responsive and pretty friendly.
There are very few things in this world today that have given me more confidence rather than less. Shopventory is a miracle solution for us.
Their support team is fantastic and is more knowledgeable about other platforms like Square than the Square customer support teams. When dealing with integration issues).
There is a few basic things missing, like the possibility to write notes on a partially received PO, or if you make a mistake. In fact you can't write notes anywhere which is quite annoying.
I wish I could give more than 5 stars, they deserve the sky. We will 100% be purchasing a subscription and will not consider it to be wasted money at all.
We had two locations that were very hard to manage, one was an open air market where sales went very quickly and this software solved our problems instantly.

Jared W.

SaaS Admin

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Powerful, but with quirks

Transcript

Jared W.: My name is Jared. I'm a systems administrator, and we give Stopventory a five out of five stars....

JG

Jay G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory & Clover - A great combination!

Shopventory has allowed us to stock more of what sells well, less of what doesn't, and not reorder dead product. Overall we have increased sales and decreased inventory. With several time consuming tasks now automated we are spending less on payroll maintaining the inventory.

Pros

Shopventory was good when it came out, and keeps getting better. They are always adding new features and reports without having to upgrade. In the beginning I was concerned that an "App" would not be able to handle our inventory in real time. After several years I can say that it easily handles thousands of titles of sheet music, and emails me daily titles needing to be reordered. We have since moved all the inventory from QuickBooks to Shopventory. Noteworthy today - they have GREAT customer service!

Cons

There really are no Cons! It works, and it's uptime is very close to 100%.

Hi Jay, thanks so much for the review! It's awesome to hear how Shopventory is helping your business with so many daily details that add up over the long haul. That's exactly what we want to see! Thanks for sticking with us for over four years now, we're looking forward to the next four!

EO

Eric O.

Best solution for syncing Square and WooCommerce inventories

We were using Square as our in-store POS and WooCommerce as our e-commerce platform, and this is hands-down the best solution for inventory management in this use case. There are some quirks with Shopventory's bulk edit system that made certain tasks difficult (such as bulk changing categories) and there are inherent weaknesses in trying to use Square and WooCommerce together but this made a world of difference when we switched to it from a competitor—especially since Shopventory support and documentation are super helpful and competent.

Pros

Highly detailed stock history, super fast export of all SKUs with inventory quantity.

Cons

Making bulk changes to the product details can be unintuitive at times, and these bulk imports can take a long time to process.

Hello and thank you for this great review of how Shopventory syncs your Square and WooCommerce sales channels! We love hearing you enjoy our detailed stock history. That's our bread and butter! We've made a TON of updates to our bulk update tool. Speed was made a top priority! We're sure you've seen these already but if not please check them out!

JG

Jose G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reliable Inventory Syncing Platform

Pros

Once the initial setup is done (which can take some time) it's a very useful and helpful middle man platform

Cons

Once a product is connected on the platforms , it gets kind of difficult to perform edit actions

Thanks for your review! Glad you had a successful setup! Hopefully you were able to utilize our wonderful (complementary) onboarding team. Have a wonderful day!

CL

Cecile L.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Best app to help manage inventory

Overall we have had lees inventory issues with unaccounted for product, can easily look at the product and look at history. However it is not easy to find a product that we have on hand and no longer in the system to find the history of the product.

Pros

The ease of importing from Shopify to Thrive, and customer service was top notch when help was needed.

Cons

The bulk edit reports needs help, not able to hide columns so you can see the ones you need to work on side by side without having to scroll left to right constantly. Would be really nice to edit just the product or products you need instead of the entire catalog which includes archived products. Way too much informaiton not needed and would speed up the download time to generate a Google sheet. Would...

Hi Cecile! Thanks for your feedback here :-) We appreciate the comments about the bulk upload tool. We're definitely working on some improvements to the bulk upload feature. We hope this will help you once they launch! It's great knowing you're having an overall wonderful experience using Thrive. We're happy to have you as a customer!

KW

Kimberly W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Ease of use and helpful staff

We also appreciate the ease of the chat function when we need help and assistance with any problems. the knowledgeable staff has helped on multiple occasions - not only during the on boarding process. Just the thought of knowing that we don't have to manually track our inventory manually anymore is a relief! We had been doing that for a few years, then as our inventory increased it got more difficult. Knowing that Shopventory is working behind the scenes has been a load off of my mind and our Finance department as well!

Pros

The ease of use for inventory management and tracking. Also integrations with 3rd party programs so we don't have to manually track our inventory anymore has been a HUGE relief!

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an option on the Dashboard to view sales and inventory changes for longer than just a month. And to have it set that way, not to retract to the defaults of to the current day.

Thanks for your review! We're going to be working on some big changes to the dashboard in the coming months. Keep an eye out! Don't forget to check out our integrations beyond Square/Shopify/Clover/BigCommerce/Woo! We also integrate with Meta Shops and Google Shopping!

EV

Emilie V.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great!

Pros

The customer service and support team are one of the best I've worked with! Someone was always available to answer my many questions with little to no wait time in the chat box. Easy to set up and I always knew I had support if I needed it.

Cons

I wish there had been the option to integrate with Metafields, as we are moving heavily in that direction for our storefront.

Thank you for your "Great!" review! It's fantastic to hear you've had a positive experience with our prompt customer service and easy setup. Since you've left your review we've added a ton of additional fields for you to sync with, including meta fields! Your switch from Stocky Sales & Field Automation to us is appreciated, and we're here to support you further!

jj

jesica j.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

I love to use shopventory!

Pros

easy to manage my products Shopventory is a user-friendly inventory management system designed to simplify the process of tracking and managing your inventory. Whether you're a small business or a larger enterprise, Shopventory offers a range of features and tools to streamline your inventory operations.

Cons

Quick Setup: Shopventory offers a straightforward setup process. Once you sign up, you can easily connect your point-of-sale (POS) system or e-commerce platform, import your existing inventory data, and start managing your inventory right away. The platform provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the setup process.

Thank you so much for leaving this review of Thrive by Shopventory! We're happy you had a quick integration and set up process. We agree we work for small and large businesses alike!

SM

Steven M.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

10/10 Recommend

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Easy to add new products and is to configure.

Cons

Wish they had a way to organize customers orders and update them instead of having to have a separate application

Hey Steven, thanks for leaving this 10/10 review! We're thinking about ways to help you manage your customers. Stay tuned!

WB

Wade B.

Sports, 201-500 employees

Best software for cross platform integration

Thrive has been great to work with. Anytime I have an issue they are quick to help out. Members of the team like Sean have met with us one on one to help us maximize the benefits of the software.

Pros

Thrive makes it easy to manage create and manage my inventory for our Shopify and our Clover POS. This software is simple and easy to use. Thrive saves me hours and hours of work.

Cons

Some features are only available for the higher tiered packages. Wish they were available al a carte for smaller companies that don't need the features of the higher plans.

That's for leaving this review, Wade! It's great knowing you use us to manage your Shopify and Clover accounts. We're a great bridge between the two! We're always thinking about how to make pricing more affordable for customers. We appreciate the feedback.

DE

Don E.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Dedicated Support Team

Very positive so far with support.

Pros

I liked that I could reach out to someone in chat and get instant answers to the questions I had. [sensitive content hidden] was a saint because I needed help, fast.

Cons

Not at this time. Sometimes the support articles are a little overwhelming.

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that our chat feature provided you with instant answers and that you found our team to be exceptionally helpful. We understand your point about the support articles sometimes being overwhelming; we'll look into making them more user-friendly. It's great to hear that your experience with our support has been very positive. We appreciate your feedback and are here to assist you further if needed!

CH

Caleb H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory is a great software

Pros

Shopventory is defenily great at linking a great inventory with square or syncing between to platforms such as square and shopify or woocommerce or even clover. There definitely is a need for something like shopventory.

Cons

There are a few things I wish they had on the software but with the team working hard I feel like they will add more stuff. I would like to see a option where if you get the same product from multiple vendors that it tell you to get a product that is below par from the cheapest vendor first. This would save lots of time trying to figure out the cheapest place to find that product again. I feel like...

Thank you for the kind review Caleb! We're so glad to hear Shopventory is continuing to make things easier for your business. Those are great insights into vendor comparisons. We do plan on adding more of that kind of automation to the app soon, and your suggestions help point us in the right direction!

SB

Sheila B.

Top of the line company

In a retail situation, the inventory is what the business revolves around. This program is the best and easiest to use. I have tried a few. Their Support Team is the best. They go out of their way to help you solve a problem is it can be solved. However, users do make not smart moves sometimes. Some of these cannot be recovered from. I had a problem with SKU's last week, their tech support went in and helped me reset all my SKU's to something that was valid. No one stops until a problem is solved.

Pros

The software is easy to use. A lot of features are being upgraded on a regular basis. Seems there is a way to do whatever you want to accomplish. If it is a feature that would benefit a many of their clients, they upgrade as soon as they can.

Cons

Not much really. Every so often, I find something I would like that it doesn't have. However with the help of their Top Notch Support Team, we can usually find a way around to get what I need. You are also dealing with someone in the United States. No language barrier.

Hey Sheila! Thank you for the review. We're glad to have you as a customer!

LW

Lisa W.

Music, 1-10 employees

Keeps us on track with our inventory

Thrive by Shopventory allows for a one-stop easy-to-utilize platform to keep on top of inventory, and product trends. Owning and operating a business is a second (post-retirement) career, so this product has been very helpful in keeping up with all the details and metrics of product management.

Pros

I really like the built-in and custom reports that can be generated to get a comprehensive view of the status of the business. The customer service is also top-notch and very quick to assist in answering questions. I feel as though they really care about ensuring that the users are getting the most out of the product. Being able to remotely utilize the system for product management is essential.

Cons

This is likely an end-user issue, but on occasion, the "Bundling" option is a bit glitchy with listing "components". Again, more than likely, this is a user issue.

Hi and thanks for this review of Thrive! Our customer reports are great for creating business dashboards. These can be highly effective for franchises! Our customer support loves working with you so we're happy you enjoy them too! We have improvements to bundles coming out soon. Stay tuned!

CM

Chelsea M.

Retail, self-employed

Great Customer Service!

The customer service is top notch! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me get setup and walked me through the entire process. I had approximately 1,000 - 2,000 skus. I had to do major clean up on my data before loading (which was my own fault, I had different skus for quite a few of the same products in my two different systems *facepalm*). I also received

Pros

I had a brick and mortar retail business and also had a website. I used square for brick and mortar and shopify for e-commerce. It had become extremely difficult removing/adding inventory between the two systems and I needed a solution that would sync the two inventories. I also had an issue of overselling inventory. Shopventory corrected both of those issues.

Cons

When you bulk upload new products, you cannot add a description, categories, etc. Instead, you must go back in and use a bulk edit spreadsheet, find the products just uploaded and then add in the missing data. With that being said, I made this suggestion and am told it is being worked on, so that's great! One other thing, if you use shopify and have tags on your products, once shopventory syncs it sees tags as "categories" and will create those categories and products are "duplicated" into those categories.

Hi Chelsea, thanks so much for the review! We love hearing that Shopventory makes it possible to have a store and sell online without spending all day managing it, especially during this pandemic. Thanks for your suggested improvements as well, we take those seriously and will keep you posted on updates!

KG

Kirsten G.

Great Stepping Stone

This is a great stepping stone product for those that haven't grown large enough for the "big guns" but need an easy-to-use database that integrates well with current POS systems.

Pros

We needed software that could integrate with Square and offer purchase order tracking, cost of goods sold, vendor info, and beyond. Shopventory provides that. It's intuitive and has GREAT customer service.

Cons

There isn't a way to track customer special orders. I would have liked to be able to input more info on the item screen like vendor item number and case packs.

Hi Kirsten, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! It's been great working with you. As for special orders, we have a feature in the works that may be perfect for you--I'll reach out to discuss further!

lh

luann h.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great product and Customer Service

Pros

Shopventory is easy to use, accurate and helps me keep my business on track.

Cons

Intergration after already setting product re order capability.

We are happy to hear that you have found Shopventory easy to use and that it's helping keep your business on track. Thank you for your review.

VA

Vincent A.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great Support Team - Friendly and Knowledgeable

Pros

Their support team is fantastic and is more knowledgeable about other platforms like Square than the Square customer support teams! (when dealing with integration issues).

Cons

I wish that it were faster process to update the inventory, and the barcode scan app which is cool was integrated within the main platform since as a new business our barcodes change often (so we don't use that even though it would save a lot of time).

Hey Vincent! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our customer care team. We appreciate your feedback regarding speed. We'll reach out to better understand. Thanks again for the review!

AC

Adam C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Incredibly powerful for the price!

Incredibly helpful and great for starting our business!

Pros

Great resource to sort and start inventory for a smaller business. Incredibly supportive staff with growing solutions!

Cons

Just not robust enough for my growing business - we have hundreds of thousands of SKUs within the retail specialty footwear business and need a true POS/Inventory system to be one in the same.

Hi Adam! Thanks a ton for leaving us a review. We really appreciate it! It's unfortunate to hear that you ran into a SKU limit issue! While some of the POS systems we work with have a SKU limit, Shopventory does not. We hope you find a good solution for your quickly growing business. That's exciting to hear! Please let us know if you have any feature suggestions. We have tons of businesses on our platform in the 25+ location range and their feedback is incredibly helpful!

PS

Patty S.

Great program

Whenever and whatever my problem/confusion has been, the support team has been patient, persistent and successful in solving it. And the all have a sense of humor.

Pros

This is the only program that allows me to track all my combinations in bundle feature.

Cons

Early on I had difficulty with the new versions and the way I had entered products, but their support is amazing.

Hi Patty! It's exciting to hear that you're loving our product bundling feature! Definitely a powerful tool. Our Support Team has a blast working with all of our customers. We love helping you run a healthy business!

JH

Julie H.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Nothing like it!

Pros

There's really no other option I've found that does as much as Shopventory for inventory management at such a reasonable price, and the customer service is incredible. Plus, it's always being improved. They genuinely care.

Cons

There's just one little thing they haven't done yet, but they're working on, which would allow me to more easily see what's On Order and compare that to current stock levels quickly. Once this feature is added, it'll be 100% perfect.

Hey Julie, thanks for the review! We love working with our customers, and we're glad we can do it so affordably. Keep your eyes peeled for those updates!

CL

Chris L.

Incredible Customer Support

[sensitive content hidden] and other Customer Service Reps did such a good job helping me with my needs of transfering inventory to my new clover and it was such an easy process!

Pros

very easy to use and create bundles and sales

Cons

Nothing is really wrong with this product

Thank you for the raving review! We love that our customer support team has been so great to work with. If you think of anything you need a hand with please reach out!

MD

Mike D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Into the light

Feels like it has been hard work to get to basic implementation

Pros

The software is super quick compared to usual methods on spreadsheets etc and seems very accurate. The ordering system is lightening fast, a few clicks and you have a PDF to send to suppliers

Cons

Difficult to set up, lacking some functionality and sometimes seems longwinded. Would be better if you could click to open email addressed to supplier instead of going to outlook, finding suppliers email and attaching order.

Hi Mike! Thanks for leaving us this review. Great feedback on the speed of using Shopventory and how our Purchase Orders are "lightning fast". We don't disagree! Totally hear you on the functionality you're looking for with regards to emailing your suppliers directly from Shopventory. We have this ability with our Invoicing tool (you can email your customers an electronic invoice directly from Shopventory), but it is not currently available with Purchase Orders. It's high on our list! Thanks again and we hope to get this feature out soon for you!

PA

Phil A.

Retail, 51-200 employees

One of the best 3rd party Inventory management software out there

We run a retail chain and have tons of inventory we manage. 2 warehouses, and 10 locations. All being managed via Shopventory for a yr plus. Support has been absolutely great along the way,

Pros

Cloud based, integrates with so many POS's, consistently releasing new features,

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. It used to be reporting, but they just released an update to address a lot of that.

Hey Phil, thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you like our new Custom Reporting Engine. It will sure make reporting on your 10 locations much more powerful!

WJ

Wyatt J.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Looks good, but has a surprising amount of limitations for an inventory system

I was sold on the Demo that was provided, but after getting into the weeds of the product I learned more about what our company needed and was shocked at how many limitations there are. We are now in the process of finding a more robust system.

Pros

It can integrate 2 shopify stores into 1 inventory source.

Cons

The list is pretty lengthy. Hopefully they can be fixed, but I've not seen any progress or even mention of progress over the past several months of using this software. - Can't edit or update POs - Can't see sku numbers when updating inventory at a product level - PAR inventory levels on auto POs don't factor anything that is already on order - Can't search for a PO by part number Those are just a few off the top of my head...

Hi there - we really appreciate you leaving this review and all the feedback! We review all product feedback regularly and will make sure to add these points to the list. If you have any other pieces of feedback please feel free to reach out to us directly. We'd love to have a conversation with you!

SB

Shannon B.

Multiple Integrations + Excellent Support

The inventory management + reporting have saved our sanity since staring with Thrive. Plus, their support really is the best! They are quick to respond + find an answer.

Pros

Allowing us to link our Shopify online store + our Clover physical stores has been a sanity saver! Being able to track the inventories movement from one location to the other is extremely helpful.

Cons

We would love to be able to link with our CommentSold app, but that's pretty minor.

Thanks for your review, Shannon! Using Thrive to link Clover with Shopify is a big deal. We're glad you're using us for that! Send us what you'd like to see from a CommentSold integration. We're always open to suggestions!