Shopventory Reviews - Page 2

KG

Kirsten G.

Great Stepping Stone

This is a great stepping stone product for those that haven't grown large enough for the "big guns" but need an easy-to-use database that integrates well with current POS systems.

Pros

We needed software that could integrate with Square and offer purchase order tracking, cost of goods sold, vendor info, and beyond. Shopventory provides that. It's intuitive and has GREAT customer service.

Cons

There isn't a way to track customer special orders. I would have liked to be able to input more info on the item screen like vendor item number and case packs.

Hi Kirsten, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! It's been great working with you. As for special orders, we have a feature in the works that may be perfect for you--I'll reach out to discuss further!

AH

Ashley H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Most practical and affordable inventory tracking system

Pros

Inventory can be daunting when you offer one-of-a-kind items. I've been using Shopventory for over 2.5 years and I wouldn't know what to do without it! It allows me to easily track my inventory and cost of goods without headaches come tax season.

Cons

This is definitely not a con on the software, but I always have questions when updates occur since things get switched around. The team is always there to offer support and makes these transitions painless!

Hi Ashley, thanks for making Shopventory part of your business! We love to hear that our app makes for less work and easier accounting for you. We're always trying to make it even better, so keep the questions and insights coming, we love to hear from you!

SD

Shawn D.

Shopventory for Hobby Retail

Replaces the Square inventory system with a much more functional solution. Makes it so that we do not need a much more expensive POS.

Pros

Inexpensive when compared with many inventory management systems. Integrates well with Square and Woocommerce to allow for multi-channel sales. Customer service is fast, and features are added often.

Cons

Still some features that we would like to see to make it a one-stop solution. A few of the features are also not as robust or powerful as some competitors.

Hi Shawn! Thanks so much for the kind review! We hope that you've shared your ideas on ways we can improve our already powerful features. That's how we figure out what to build next! Thanks for being a great customer.

lh

luann h.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great product and Customer Service

Pros

Shopventory is easy to use, accurate and helps me keep my business on track.

Cons

Intergration after already setting product re order capability.

We are happy to hear that you have found Shopventory easy to use and that it's helping keep your business on track. Thank you for your review.

DN

Dani N.

Recommend

I've had a great experience with Shopventory thus far.

Pros

Easy to problem solve and navigate. Works with the credit card processing I was currently using (PayPal Here). Great customer service. They give you exactly what you need without trying to upsell you on every little thing.

Cons

It doesn't work as smoothly with PayPal Here as I would have hoped and those are the troubles I've encountered, however, I don't fault the software for that.

Thank you Dani for your 10 out of 10 recommendation of Shopventory. We're glad to hear that you've found that the software is easy to problem solve and navigate through for your business. We really appreciate that you noticed that we are a company that fits our customers into the right package for their business needs. We look forward to continuing to help your boutique!

VA

Vincent A.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great Support Team - Friendly and Knowledgeable

Pros

Their support team is fantastic and is more knowledgeable about other platforms like Square than the Square customer support teams! (when dealing with integration issues).

Cons

I wish that it were faster process to update the inventory, and the barcode scan app which is cool was integrated within the main platform since as a new business our barcodes change often (so we don't use that even though it would save a lot of time).

Hey Vincent! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our customer care team. We appreciate your feedback regarding speed. We'll reach out to better understand. Thanks again for the review!

AC

Adam C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Incredibly powerful for the price!

Incredibly helpful and great for starting our business!

Pros

Great resource to sort and start inventory for a smaller business. Incredibly supportive staff with growing solutions!

Cons

Just not robust enough for my growing business - we have hundreds of thousands of SKUs within the retail specialty footwear business and need a true POS/Inventory system to be one in the same.

Hi Adam! Thanks a ton for leaving us a review. We really appreciate it! It's unfortunate to hear that you ran into a SKU limit issue! While some of the POS systems we work with have a SKU limit, Shopventory does not. We hope you find a good solution for your quickly growing business. That's exciting to hear! Please let us know if you have any feature suggestions. We have tons of businesses on our platform in the 25+ location range and their feedback is incredibly helpful!

JL

JD L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The Best Customer Experience!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a blast to work with as well as the Team that jumped in from time to time. Thank you for all of your support! ♥

Pros

I like how easy it is to maneuver through options. The ability to change or update product on the fly by single items or in bulk. If you have a question, the ability to chat with someone is FAST and informative, with videos and snapshots to help understand complex issues or tasks.

Cons

I would say that the one thing that I would mention, is that before anyone updates, imports or exports their inventory, they should make sure that everything is updated first in the user system through Variants. Also that Shopventory is the main hub and the subsidiaries are your In-Store kiosk and Shopify. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Shopventory made sure to educate me on this, considering I was taking over a project already started. Shopventory has no cons, just would suggest a heads up at the beginning like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did for me.

Hi JD, thanks so much for the review! We love hearing that Shopventory makes it possible to update your products quickly and easily. The kind words about the Customer Care team are appreciated, we love helping you run a healthy business!

PS

Patty S.

Great program

Whenever and whatever my problem/confusion has been, the support team has been patient, persistent and successful in solving it. And the all have a sense of humor.

Pros

This is the only program that allows me to track all my combinations in bundle feature.

Cons

Early on I had difficulty with the new versions and the way I had entered products, but their support is amazing.

Hi Patty! It's exciting to hear that you're loving our product bundling feature! Definitely a powerful tool. Our Support Team has a blast working with all of our customers. We love helping you run a healthy business!

ST

Sugar Tit Moonshine M.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Very efficient customer support chat line

Not 100% happy with the PO process. I'm going to start generating invoices from the system so that I can run a reort

Pros

I'm still learning how to make this system work for me as there are features that are not included in the purchasing field. Again, I'm learning successfully with a great chat team

Cons

Most of my stumbling blocks are listed in my chats with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], a very capable agent.

Hi Mary! We appreciate you leaving this review. Thanks for the compliments about our Customer Support team! We think we have the best in the business. Great feedback on our Purchase Order tool. We're always hunting for comments like this! We're going to have someone on our team review the various chats you've had with our team and reach out to you to dig deeper into what you're looking for with our Purchase Orders. Thanks again and we're happy to have you as a customer!

ws

william s.

Novice user

Pros

My manager set this up for my shop. so it is easy for me to follow

Cons

When they make updates sometimes i get lost trying to find how to do functions. Mostly I have to call my manager to walk me through it as she uses for the shop continuously

Hi William, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and for being a great customer for over two years now! If you ever have questions about recent improvements feel free to start a chat with our support team and we'll be happy to help!

JH

Julie H.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Nothing like it!

Pros

There's really no other option I've found that does as much as Shopventory for inventory management at such a reasonable price, and the customer service is incredible. Plus, it's always being improved. They genuinely care.

Cons

There's just one little thing they haven't done yet, but they're working on, which would allow me to more easily see what's On Order and compare that to current stock levels quickly. Once this feature is added, it'll be 100% perfect.

Hey Julie, thanks for the review! We love working with our customers, and we're glad we can do it so affordably. Keep your eyes peeled for those updates!

Food & Beverages,

EXCELLENT! customer service, easy to use, and incredibly useful

I save a lot of time reordering inventory, I have a much clearer idea of my margins, and I can see when I might be experiencing theft. Great product overall.

Pros

I've had such a great experience using Shopventory: they have excellent customer service that's quick, effective, and personalized; updates made to the platform are targeted specifically toward customer needs and requests; the platform is easy to use, yet provides so much more useful data analysis than I expected; so far I haven't experienced a single bug except for one caused by a linked program! Couldn't be better

Cons

My only qualms are that certain improvements don't have quite the customizability that I would hope for, but I imagine that these additional improvement are simply still in the he works. The other con is that Shopventory isn't compatible with Squarespace yet! So I'm anxiously awaiting for that update to release.

Hi there! We're excited to hear that you've enjoyed working with our Customer Care team! We love working with the different businesses we serve. We'd like to get your feedback about past and future feature releases. Please send your thoughts to help@shopventory.com - It will help us a ton!

JM

Jenny M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Love it

Pros

It is a great value. Good reporting, good tools to manage inventory. Great support! They are constantly improving the product. Perfect for managing multiple locations with the Clover Station.

Cons

Don't really have any dislikes. If I have, they have made changes and updated to address my concerns.

Hey Jenny, thank you so much for the review and thanks for being a great customer!

MD

Mike D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Into the light

Feels like it has been hard work to get to basic implementation

Pros

The software is super quick compared to usual methods on spreadsheets etc and seems very accurate. The ordering system is lightening fast, a few clicks and you have a PDF to send to suppliers

Cons

Difficult to set up, lacking some functionality and sometimes seems longwinded. Would be better if you could click to open email addressed to supplier instead of going to outlook, finding suppliers email and attaching order.

Hi Mike! Thanks for leaving us this review. Great feedback on the speed of using Shopventory and how our Purchase Orders are "lightning fast". We don't disagree! Totally hear you on the functionality you're looking for with regards to emailing your suppliers directly from Shopventory. We have this ability with our Invoicing tool (you can email your customers an electronic invoice directly from Shopventory), but it is not currently available with Purchase Orders. It's high on our list! Thanks again and we hope to get this feature out soon for you!

AL

Anita L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

An excellent program

My company has used four different programs for POS and retail in the past six years. The Shopventory team worked patiently with me to make the transition to them as easy as possible. I am thankful for their support.

Pros

The customer service is excellent! Unlike many other programs I've used, the Shopventory team answers your queries quickly and efficiently. They almost always understood my issues and were able to solve them right away. They're incredibly professional and nice to deal with.

Cons

Bulk loading items into inventory and running barcodes can be tedious

Hi Anita! Thanks for the review. The kind words about the Customer Care team are appreciated! We have a great time working through the needs of the businesses we serve. We're happy to have you as a customer!

PA

Phil A.

Retail, 51-200 employees

One of the best 3rd party Inventory management software out there

We run a retail chain and have tons of inventory we manage. 2 warehouses, and 10 locations. All being managed via Shopventory for a yr plus. Support has been absolutely great along the way,

Pros

Cloud based, integrates with so many POS's, consistently releasing new features,

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. It used to be reporting, but they just released an update to address a lot of that.

Hey Phil, thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you like our new Custom Reporting Engine. It will sure make reporting on your 10 locations much more powerful!

LL

Lynne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Customer Service Excels with Shopventory

Pros

I am not the major user but it is simple to navigate and tech support is right there for any questions no matter how smallShout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] today! The patience of a Saint.

Cons

No problems so far in my department. We have a very unique system marriage and a very small business and for what I do it is straight forward

Thank you for this review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed using our service and are excited to have you as a customer long-term.

Ana L.

Integration with POS and easy to use

Pros

Integration with POS is very easy to accomplish. They real time sync works very well. It's easy to setup and to use. Very intuitive and helpfull videos. Simple to create PO and manage inventory

Cons

There is a few basic things missing, like the possibility to write notes on a partially received PO, or if you make a mistake. In fact you can't write notes anywhere which is quite annoying. It works in modules and I think the price it's too high for what they are offering for professional and Elite packages.

Hi Ana! Thanks for the review. We're glad that Shopventory is automating your business! Our newest Purchase Order feature allows you to automatically add all items that are running low. Pretty powerful stuff! We appreciate the feedback on writing a note on a partially received Purchase Order. Our engineering team will take that into consideration. However, you can write a note in several other areas of the software, such as when doing a reconciliation. These notes will show on the audit logs of all items. Let us know if you have anymore feedback and we're glad to have you as a customer!

TD

Tyler D.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

The Best

Amazing. If I ever have a question you ask in the chat and a real person is there. If you need to call there is always someone there. Issues always get solved and get a follow up message the following day to ensure the software is functioning the way we want.

Pros

ease of use, customer support is bar none the best I have ever experienced

Cons

its growing, but the updates make everything better

We are glad that you've had such a wonderful experience with our customer service team! Thanks Tyler for your 5 star review of our software.

WJ

Wyatt J.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Looks good, but has a surprising amount of limitations for an inventory system

I was sold on the Demo that was provided, but after getting into the weeds of the product I learned more about what our company needed and was shocked at how many limitations there are. We are now in the process of finding a more robust system.

Pros

It can integrate 2 shopify stores into 1 inventory source.

Cons

The list is pretty lengthy. Hopefully they can be fixed, but I've not seen any progress or even mention of progress over the past several months of using this software. - Can't edit or update POs - Can't see sku numbers when updating inventory at a product level - PAR inventory levels on auto POs don't factor anything that is already on order - Can't search for a PO by part number Those are just a few off the top of my head...

Hi there - we really appreciate you leaving this review and all the feedback! We review all product feedback regularly and will make sure to add these points to the list. If you have any other pieces of feedback please feel free to reach out to us directly. We'd love to have a conversation with you!

MB

Mary B.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Satisfied

Good

Pros

Have only been using the system for 3 months although the company has had it for years. Find it user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Not familiar enough to really experience the cons.

Thank you Mary for your review. It's good to hear that you find it friendly and easy to use.

RD

Ryan D.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Shopventory

Pros

- Great for tracking inventory - Easy to create multiple channels and split inventory - Easily move inventory between channels

Cons

- Quirky settings/ defaults - Some things have to be done in multiple places to ensure complete accuracy - Doesn't always sync well with other software

Thank you for this review! We love the feedback. Thrive by Shopventory is a great sales channel manager. We're happy to hear you're using us for that! Please connect with us if you have any other feature requests. Have a wonderful day!

PB

Pam B.

Awesome Customer Service

We had two locations that were very hard to manage, one was an open air market where sales went very quickly and this software solved our problems instantly!

Pros

This software has made our retail business manageable, would highly recommend

Cons

I have not found a con for this software yet.

Thank you for the kind words, Pam!

LM

Lauren M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Couldn't do business without it

Pros

Takes some time to setup, but support (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!) is super helpful and quick to respond. We hit a snag in the way we were structuring things, and they didn't give up in finding a workaround for us. Once you've got all your products in there, it's an invaluable tool to connect POS to online. So thankful we found it, because I don't know how we would have synced our inventory otherwise. The reporting is also a feature we rely heavily on. Totally worth it!!

Cons

Sometimes a little slow to load. A little cumbersome to setup.

Hi Lauren, Thank you so much for your review. We're glad we were able to get your company set up on Shopventory and that you are fully utilizing our reporting features. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have anything else that we can help you with!