Thrive by Shopventory Reviews - Page 2

PJ

Paul J.

A Great Choice for Small Businesses • Engineers Could Improve Response Times

We're happy with Shopventory. There's been a little bit of a learning curve, but overall we find it to be well worth the investment, and our in store and online business would be much more difficult to manage without Shopventory.

Pros

Between our store and website, when we sell product our inventory needs to remain accurate so that we don't oversell and make our customers angry. Shopventory does this for us. The only other functionality I use is bundling. For retail, Shopventory is nice for bundling parts or products together, and keeping inventory numbers square. While it's not part of my job, we also use Shopventory to manage our vendors and purchase orders, which I know has been extremely helpful for our purchasing team.

Cons

When I'm chatting with the first level of customer service, who does a phenomenal job, my issue gets resolved about 80% of the time. They're responsive, readily available, and easy to work with. However, when they can't troubleshoot an issue, and the issue goes to the engineers, it really feels like my issue goes into this weird No Man's Land where my chances of getting a timely response are really low. And I really do see that Shopventory has identified and taken steps to alleviate that issue. I've actually gotten really incredible 5-star help with some issues - it just hasn't seem to speed up the process with the engineers at all, so when my issues goes to an engineer, it's just more worth my time to delete and recreate a listing rather than wait.

Thank you for your comprehensive review. We truly appreciate your insights and detailed feedback. It's gratifying to know that Thrive is effectively keeping your inventory accurate between your store and website, and that the bundling functionality is serving you well. We also find it encouraging to hear that our vendor and purchase order management features have been beneficial for your purchasing...

RL

Remmy L.

Quick Help, Good Features, More features may be needed

Overall, a great start to a strong inventory system. Like anything, it needs some features that seem to be basics (or obvious), and has other features that would not have crossed my mind to use in our warehouse. The support team is usually very helpful and courteous. Sometimes we need something more along the lines of production software, but Thrive has also helped manage these types of activities for us too!

Pros

Support members are very responsive, and try hard to understand the situation. Most of our big issues have been escalated to the engineers and often fixed in about 48-72 business hours. Many helpful options to make some complex items (bundles and assemblies) as well as some features we don't use just yet.

Cons

There's no organizing by SKU number, so far; by name or barcode number only. They always suggest downloading the product list and organizing on a spreadsheet, but not all of our employees who would need it have access to do that. When using in tandem with BigCommerce, we had a few "behind the screen" issues with programming, but the support team was very helpful.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We're pleased to hear that our support team has been responsive and effective in addressing your concerns in a timely manner. It's great to know that many of our features, especially related to complex items, are benefiting your operations. We genuinely acknowledge the limitation regarding SKU organization. Your insights are invaluable in helping us prioritize...

BU

Billie U.

Amazing Customer Service

Things with thrive started out pretty good. A couple of months in, I started running into a problem with things duplicating, creating new listings or creating variants' under the listing, all with the same sku, all with different inventory counts. When I first contacted them, I was frustrated and upset. My expectations were unrealistic, I wanted them to wave a magic wand and make it all better. Instead...

Pros

Intuitive layoutLots of featuresAbility to track inventory by weightRecipes that can adjust stock upon production Exceptional customer service

Cons

There's nothing specific I dislike. Anytime I've come across a problem or a missing feature, they have been quick to respond and have introduced features to meet needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share such a comprehensive review of your experience with Thrive. It's heartening to know that the granularity and flexibility of our recipe function have been instrumental in streamlining your operations. We sincerely apologize for the inventory challenges you faced, but we're humbled by your patience and understanding throughout the resolution process. Your feedback not only helps us improve but also drives our commitment to ensure that our platform remains adaptive and responsive to unique business needs like yours. We're grateful to have you with us every step of the way and are dedicated to ensuring Thrive continues to be a cornerstone for your business success. Thank you for your trust and partnership.

CL

Cecile L.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Best app to help manage inventory

Overall we have had lees inventory issues with unaccounted for product, can easily look at the product and look at history. However it is not easy to find a product that we have on hand and no longer in the system to find the history of the product.

Pros

The ease of importing from Shopify to Thrive, and customer service was top notch when help was needed.

Cons

The bulk edit reports needs help, not able to hide columns so you can see the ones you need to work on side by side without having to scroll left to right constantly. Would be really nice to edit just the product or products you need instead of the entire catalog which includes archived products. Way too much informaiton not needed and would speed up the download time to generate a Google sheet. Would...

Hi Cecile! Thanks for your feedback here :-) We appreciate the comments about the bulk upload tool. We're definitely working on some improvements to the bulk upload feature. We hope this will help you once they launch! It's great knowing you're having an overall wonderful experience using Thrive. We're happy to have you as a customer!

BM

Blair M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Switching to Shopventory was the BEST decision for our company!

The switch the Shopventory has been the best decesion we could have made for our company. All of the employees are an absolute JOY to work with! If you have any issues they make sure to resolve the issue quick, as well as make sure you are updated throughout the process.

Pros

Shopventory is very easy to navigate, and they listen to your needs/concerns when it comes to suggestions about the program.We have been able to easily track our inventory and manufacturing without frustrations since switching!

Cons

We signed up for Shopventory when the assemblies feature was being created, so that feature has some updates it can use, but does not make the feature un-usable.We do not like the updated PO/Internal transfer feature. It is hard for us to search by completed PO's as it defaults to show you everything but that.

Thanks so much for this glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer. Sounds like you like our assemblies feature but have some pieces of feedback! Make sure to send them our way. Our purchase orders and transfer feature is great as well. You can even create them with a barcode scanner! Thanks again for using Thrive by Shopventory!

AB

Amy B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory helps us keep track of our online & in-store inventory

Overall, Shopventory has helped us combine and keep track of our online & in-store inventory by integrating with our new point of sale system. There was a bit of a learning curve, but the program is relatively user-friendly and support is available for questions that arise. There are many available features for a fair price, and the program does most of what we need it to do.

Pros

We are a small retail store and Shopventory makes it easy to create barcode labels, print tags, create purchase orders, view sales, and display current inventory. Stocktakes with an integrated barcode scanner are an easy way to take and update inventory. The program integrates well with our Shopify point of sale + online store and when we make changes in Shopventory, the updates are reflected in Shopify quickly. I have chatted with Shopventory's customer service representatives multiple times and they are responsive and helpful. There are also ways to input reorder quantities and be notified when you are running low on stock.

Cons

We don't like that purchase orders cannot be edited after they are created. Sometimes Shopventory quantities are slow to update after an item is purchased, although if you click on the quantity that will usually update it. The program will also update at random times and if you don't save what you're doing frequently, you could lose your work. You can also only input digits to three decimal places.

Hi there! Thanks a ton for taking the time to leave this review. It's wonderful you're finding the time it takes for Shopventory to sync with Shopify to be quick. That's the goal! We definitely appreciate your feedback about our purchase order system. Editing a purchase order after you've saved it to record is not something we recommend but we can see how it would be helpful! Have you tried using the "Auto Create" feature? Hopefully we've been able to save you some time with the barcode scanning count feature! It's a big benefit for a lot of our merchants. Thanks for being a customer :-)

FE

Fernando E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

The Multi-Tool of Inventory Management!!!

Super solid experience, while there has been some learning and need to reach out to support from time to time the user experience, the functionality, accuracy and ability to track modify and cycle count inventory is top tier. I've used Square Retail, QuickBooks POS, LightSpeed and a few other smaller programs that boast inventory management. They all pale in comparison... and if you want Brick and Mortar (I'm using Square and WooCommerce) Shopventory can manage it all whether I want stand alone inventory or pooled inventory it has me covered! Love it!

Pros

Shopventory first and foremost is unbelievably user friendly. From day one it is easy to setup, maintain and even if you are unsure of anything on the platform, knowledgeable support and guidance are a click away... yes even during a pandemic!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the addition of managing serial numbers, but that really speaks to maybe 2-3 products for me so while nice to have. I wouldnt sacrifice the ease of use or multi platform functionality of Shopventory for being able to use SN# with a far more confusing and less robust competitor.

Fernando we are so glad that you have found Shopventory to be user friendly, easy to setup, and easily maintained. We agree that our customer support team is fantastic and very helpful! We'll let our developers know about your request to add managing serial numbers. We are always working to improve Shopventory for our customers. Thank you for your five star review!

RS

Rusty S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

A very robust and powerful inventory software

Accurate inventory. Accurate data. Excellent customer service.

Pros

It has good reporting. We had a little learning curve because we've been with them so long they have implemented so many additional functionalities! Once you get past the learning curve it is smooth sailing. And their support is the best I've seen in the industry. I always there for you to walk you through the issue. And their tutorials are easy to follow.

Cons

It's really nothing but it does so much there is a learning curve to learn and know everything it can do for you. Once you learn all it can do you have a lot of data to analyze. It's an awesome system.

Rusty, we are so glad you've been able to use our advanced reporting capabilities to get accurate inventory and accurate data! We keep adding new features to our software and understand that it can take a little time to start to utilize all of the different reports and features that we offer within our software. We are happy to hear that our support team has been there for you every step of the way as you learned the software and that our online tutorials have been useful! Thank you for your 5 star review.

mh

mark h.

Pretty Good Product with Great Customer Service

Pros

I needed something to help me track my inventory better that also integrated with my Square POS and Shopventory did the trick. It was kind of difficult to set up but the customer support was amazing and they helped me every step of the way. I probably took at least 2+ hours of their time just to help me set up a free trial account. The main reason I signed up for it was to get functionality that wasn't present in square such as setting COGS. Overall I am happy but hope to see some feature improvements in the future.

Cons

A few drawbacks which make Shopventory difficult to use: No mobile app. This is a pretty painful pill to swallow to be honest. As a small business owner, often times I can only go shopping for ingredients when I have some spare time. Having the ability to check stock levels in real on my phone while i'm shopping would be a huge win. Currently, I try to login to their website on my phone but it isn't...

Hi Mark, thanks for the review! We're glad you have been able to use Shopventory to understand the true profitability of your products. It makes us happy to hear that! Shopventory has two free mobile apps that you're welcome to download: The first is our Dashboard App ( https://help.shopventory.com/reporting/dashboard-mobile-app ) which gives you a pulse on your business health at all...

KC

Kevin C.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

A great all-in-one software for multi-location management

I've been using Shopventory for over 3 years now and it has been great. It was a brand new app when we started using them and they have just been adding new functions and making everything work! The multi location reporting and inventory management is super easy to use and it just works every time. Their customer support is always a great help. They are hard at work improving this day by day and I can't wait for what news in store! Great for multi-store operations and an all-in-one program for most if not all needs!

Pros

The best thing about Shopventory is that I can manage all my locations from one single page. I have a primary warehouse that receives all goods and then distributes to our retail locations. With a couple clicks I can adjust inventory counts of ALL locations. It's just really easy to do and I don't have to go into each stores inventory software and manually adjust each thing. Literally saves me hours of work every day. I can create purchase orders directly from Shopventory and it'll email my vendors my order automatically. It has many more nice features that really help!

Cons

Not really a Con for the software, sometimes it glitches and lags due to being cloud based when it is under heavy load but those issues have been less and less every update. It is a board software that is doing many things so it is expected occasionally. A quick logout and login fixes the issue if there was one. No other issues in my experience.

Hey Kevin, thanks for the great review! You're correct. We're improving our offering every day based on the feedback from customers such as yourself. We're glad that you've been with us for so many years and we're looking forward to many more!

SK

Shawn K.

Customer Service is AMAZING

Using the Clover POS is a nightmare for inventory control. It constantly loses information after it's been entered in. Thrive completely changed that for us! Now all of our inventory is bang on. It's easy to check activity on any sku and figure out where discrepancies may have happened.

Pros

Simple and easy to use interface. Customer service is by far the standout feature at Thrive. The entire team is SUPER helpful and are there to answer any questions you might have. When we first started with Thrive, I chatted with them almost daily for two months as I figured everything out. Absolutely fantastic!

Cons

The jump between their pricing tiers is kind of ridiculous and the next tier is very expensive. It would be great if you could add features a la carte. Also dislike that it counts gift cards as sales.

We appreciate you leaving this great review, Shawn! Our customer service team is always happy to work with you. We're always thinking through how to better price our product for businesses like yours. We really appreciate hearing your feedback!

JD

Jeffrey D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Amazed every time I learn something new

Pros

you just changed my world... next thing I will be learning is bundles... after years of working with clover and getting no help. we can finally sell things correctly. we have been taking a loss on by the pound sales for years by rounding down in the customers favor because we couldn't sell units correctly

Cons

There are still a couple of bugs with clover. And some missing integrations I don't see attributes anywhere but I may be wrong

Hello! Thanks for your time leaving this review. Great to hear you were able to figure out the correct pricing structure for your products. Bundles should help even more! If you come up with any feature requests please reach out. We'd love to hear them!

KC

Kate C.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Our Thrive Experience

Any time I have had an issue, customer service chat has been excellent. I really likening this and plan to continue to.

Pros

The bulk upload feature and excellent, speedy customer service are my favorite features.

Cons

I wish there was a way to search sold items by date to quickly clear them from the system.

Hi there Kate! Thanks for leaving this review about our bulk upload feature and amazing customer service. We're super happy to have you as a customer!

RB

Rachel B.

Godsend!

When we signed up for the Clover POS it was under the guise of being an all-in-one for our business. That has proven to NOT be the case. Shopventory has seamlessly filled in the gaps Clover has. The bundling of products and superb inventory management/tracking. If you're finding that you aren't getting enough data, can't do what you need to do to track your stock, or other basic business functions,...

Pros

The ease of use, customer service support and response rate and quality.

Cons

If there were an option to calculate the freight and taxes into our purchase order item costs it would be perfect. But that's a minute issue we are already familiar with dealing with.

Rachel, you're too kind! We're so pleased to be able to share the tools businesses need to run well, and it's a joy to hear about them in action. Keep the suggestions coming. We look forward to working with you this year!

CM

Chris M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Excellent customer service, product good so far.

I'm new so the functioning is hard for me to rate but so far so good.

Pros

Honestly, It's the best I have experienced with any company ever (including Clover which is pretty good) I've worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They have all been polite, helpful, and very polite (they don't make ya feel dumb for asking) as well as super quick to respond. I have honestly not needed a call because the chat actually is clearer, quicker, and more efficient. I bet their call help is just as good. Other tech companies could take a lesson from their chat support team.

Cons

It is a little hard to learn but I am new. I think It's just going to take some time like any other software.

Hey there! Thank you so much for the great review of our Customer Care team! It means a lot to us that you've had an awesome experience with them.

CH

Caleb H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shopventory is a great software

Pros

Shopventory is defenily great at linking a great inventory with square or syncing between to platforms such as square and shopify or woocommerce or even clover. There definitely is a need for something like shopventory.

Cons

There are a few things I wish they had on the software but with the team working hard I feel like they will add more stuff. I would like to see a option where if you get the same product from multiple vendors that it tell you to get a product that is below par from the cheapest vendor first. This would save lots of time trying to figure out the cheapest place to find that product again. I feel like...

Thank you for the kind review Caleb! We're so glad to hear Shopventory is continuing to make things easier for your business. Those are great insights into vendor comparisons. We do plan on adding more of that kind of automation to the app soon, and your suggestions help point us in the right direction!

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Great for Small Businesses with Multiple Locations

Pros

Provides all the inventory management features you wished that Square provided (like a followable paper trail). Makes putting together transfers and orders a breeze. Great, quick customer service team when you have an issue. Constantly improving the system as well as adding features. Great way to tie together your WooCommerce / WordPress store with a physical location. Have been working on mobile apps like an inventory scanner app for smartphones.

Cons

The pricing tiers are the main issue. Once you go above 3 integrations (locations, so for example, 2 stores and a website) you have to go to their 10 location tier, which is over double the price. You can't add a pop-up or anything like that. User access controls have been improved greatly, but are still less customizable than I would wish. Because the development team is small, they sometimes introduce bugs into the system that will mess up your inventory, but the customer service team is great and will fix it for you pronto.

Hi there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We're always working on ways to improve our offering and have introduced several new user access permissions (for employee cycle counts) recently. Please let us know if you have any other great ideas! It makes us happy to hear that you love our Audit Log tool and Purchase Order/Transfer system. We just launched a big update to the Audit Log and made Purchase Orders automatic!

JP

Jason P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Shopventory Customer Care Saves the Day

I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] today, and he helped me out a bunch! I was confused about creating products and making them per unit pricing products. He was able to take the time to help me figure out it was way more simple than I thought. I loved the commitment he brought. I also love that I got some help quickly!

Pros

Keep up the great work! The way you guys integrate multiple stores and online selling is amazing.

Cons

If I had to say something, I would add that your help blogs aren't very advanced. I know you have to reach the basic users for the most part, and make it easy for them to understand. I feel as a pretty experienced user I'm quite a bit above the current topics. So when I go to look for advice, it doesn't take me very far. So then I end up getting lost on where to go, or over think what I should do. Thankfully you have great customer service, and they help me through it all.

Thanks a ton for your detailed review. Noted on the help articles! We'll make sure to keep improving them. If you need any other help with managing multi-location inventory please reach out! We love the conversation :-)

CS

Craig S.

Shopventory Review

It has been fantastic. Has helped us take oru business to the next level.

Pros

The customer service I think is the best feature. They are pretty responsive and pretty friendly.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more options/features for bulk import/export and updates. If you have a lot of products, those options are the best. Also, wish the woocommerce integration was a bit better with more dynamic controls.

Hello and thank you for leaving this great review of Thrive by Shopventory! We're working on new improvements to bulk import/export. Make sure to keep an eye on our feature update log! It's great knowing you've been utilizing Thrive for creating and receiving POs. We hope you're using the barcode scanning functionality as well!

TS

Tim S.

Annoyed... but only because I can't give a 6 star rating

The experience has been really good. There are very few things in this world today that have given me more confidence rather than less. Shopventory is a miracle solution for us.

Pros

Shopventory has done the following for my business- Solved issues with inventory that have plagued us for years. - Created accountability among my staff for who is making updates in the system- Given me valuable sales data to help keep more products in stock- Connected me with a level of customer service that I have not experienced before.

Cons

It doesn't work spectacularly with Woocommerce Product Bundles... but it still works a million times better than what we were using before.

Hi and thank you for leaving this review. We're happy to have you as a customer! Thrive has been used by lots of our customers to help keep their employees accountable. We have great audit logs! Our reporting is also wonderful which it sounds like you have seen with the sales reports. We appreciate the feedback on the WooCommerce integration. We'll look into it!

LW

Lisa W.

Music, 1-10 employees

Keeps us on track with our inventory

Thrive by Shopventory allows for a one-stop easy-to-utilize platform to keep on top of inventory, and product trends. Owning and operating a business is a second (post-retirement) career, so this product has been very helpful in keeping up with all the details and metrics of product management.

Pros

I really like the built-in and custom reports that can be generated to get a comprehensive view of the status of the business. The customer service is also top-notch and very quick to assist in answering questions. I feel as though they really care about ensuring that the users are getting the most out of the product. Being able to remotely utilize the system for product management is essential.

Cons

This is likely an end-user issue, but on occasion, the "Bundling" option is a bit glitchy with listing "components". Again, more than likely, this is a user issue.

Hi and thanks for this review of Thrive! Our customer reports are great for creating business dashboards. These can be highly effective for franchises! Our customer support loves working with you so we're happy you enjoy them too! We have improvements to bundles coming out soon. Stay tuned!

AF

Anjuli F.

Shopventory Has Helped Manage Our Inventory

The customer service at Shopventory is amazing! The inventory management has really been great. I love the detailed reports. It’s a great addition to our Shopify account.

Pros

I like the cost averaging feature, first in/first out for products and being able to add freight costs to purchase orders. I also like all the notes you can add in.

Cons

You can make any adjustments in Shopify because Shopventory will override them. No barcode/scanning options on the Standard plan.

Hi! Thank you for the review. Our cost averaging features are super powerful. They help you get to the exact profitability of your products! We also support Lot Costing which works on a FIFO basis. We're happy to hear you love our customer support. They love working with you too!

LA

Liam A.

Music, 11-50 employees

Review - Shopventory

Terrific.

Pros

Once I worked out the variant stuff (thanks for all your help [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!) it was fantastic for creating items with multiple ingredients. I found it more accurate than any stock system I had used before, and it's integration with Square fast and seamless. The customer service is INSANELY good! Thanks for all your help guys. Once the global madness is over, we'll be right back.

Cons

I would like the stocktaking process to be simpler, and more customisation with report start and finish times. Also, please more decimal points for variants! For us as a business, we use Shopventory most to get a 'value used' figure at the conclusion of each week- this is the value sold + any wastage & comp stock, so as to determine the weekly cost of goods sold. I'm able to use my own spreadsheet in conjunction with Shopventory to get the figure, but I would love to be able to do it in one click through the platform.

Hi, thanks so much for the kind review! We take our software and service seriously, and are so glad to hear you've had a great experience. We love your insight for improvements as well! Just recently we released a feature to make stocktaking simpler by incorporating barcode scanners--just scan your products, upload, and counts are done! More decimal points are on the radar. As for reporting, we'd love to chat further about how we can help get the numbers you need faster, perhaps using our Inventory Change Report. Please reach out to our support team when you get a chance and let's collaborate!

JC

Jeff C.

Thrive is great!

User interface was great! Inventory management was great

Pros

Great for making mass changes to inventory, as well as ordering

Cons

They didn't have a lot of options for customized reporting/build your own.

Thank you for your review. We're glad you find our inventory management and ordering features effective. We note your point on customized reporting and appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear that our user interface and multi-location management influenced your choice to switch to Thrive. We're here to support and improve your experience further!

JB

Jessica B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I am very pleased with their product. I don't really have to worry too much about inventory management. They keep all the information organized and easy to access.

Pros

The customer support is fantastic. I like being able to send n instant message and getting a response within minutes. They have always either fixed my issue or provided me with clear and concise directions to fix it in my end.

Cons

I would prefer it to link directly to QuickBooks.

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for the review, and for partnering with us for over two years now! It's our mission and joy to support small businesses like yours as best we can :) We do have some syncing available for Quickbooks Online now, and hope to improve and expand on that in the future as well! Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on that front, we're happy to chat.