FunctionFox Reviews

4.5

How would you rate FunctionFox?

Pros

Very easy to use and great system for small teams. Updating projects is easy and I love how customizable this tool is for your team.

SF

Siobhan F.

It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.

VF

Vicki F.

I'm a designer, so I really appreciate the time and effort they have gone to in order to make accounting and billing intuitive and fun to use yes it's actually fun to use Harvest.

CK

Chris K.

JC

Jillian C.

The user navigation is confusing, it lacks reporting features available in cheaper software alternatives. There is no time tracking app for the desktop and the mobile apps are seriously out of date.

CK

Chris K.

Because this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.

Elliott B.

Limited Use Cases, I Would Go Elsewhere

Transcript

Max P.: My name is Max. I'm a director of marketing technology in the Aiden Agency. This is for FunctionFox....

Great product with tons of features

Pros

The best part about this software is tracking your hours via timesheet. If you're good at managing your time, you can just input the hours you've worked on a project or simply hit a timer and it will track your hours until you've turned the timer off. Also love the actions within projects, meaning more people can work seamlessly within 1 project at the same time.

Cons

It can be quite intimidating at first, so you will definitely need someone more experienced to teach you how to use the software. The search option is great but when clicking on projects that are older, it doesn't take you to the project itself, but back to your actions & assignments (could be a bug on my end).

Hi and thank you so much for your positive review... we truly value your feedback. We would like to help you with the "bug" you're experiencing. Please email service@functionfox.com and we can help you or let us know who you are/ what company and we can call you. Thanks!

Life saver

The experience has been seamless. Our company has 125 employees who use this for a time keeping system to track time against retainers and projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made the transition incredibly easy from our old system to FunctionFox. He had us up and running within a few days. One employee has used several different systems on various projects and remarked this is by far the best one she's used "it makes life so much easier"

Pros

Ease of use, up and running immediately, functionality, customer service

Cons

As the administrator I pull reports and the format is more difficult to review than our previous product.

Thanks for the very kind review LeAnne. Very much appreciated and we enjoy working with your team.

Great PM for small teams

On year 3 of using FF and has been super helpful

Pros

Cons

I wish creating schedule templates was easier

Time Sheets and Project Management Without Tears

As a creative, FunctionFox makes time sheets as painless as possible. As a producer and project manager, instant access to every invoice, expense, supplier, project scope and description, is absolutely invaluable. Imagine: Quoting without darts! Estimates without any ballparks!

Pros

I can use FunctionFox simply - timesheets and expense tracking and it's light and easy to use and has a very short learning curve. But if I want to dig in at any time, it's way ahead of me with all kinds of features. The customer service is - get this - actual humans who care, who really know their product, who get to know you, and who aren't happy until you're happy. Lots of app makers have neglected any meaningful idea of true Customer Service - FunctionFox exemplifies best practices.

Cons

Not many that I can think of - especially after the redesign!

Function Fox Review-Satori Member

We needed something that combined timesheets with our project management system. FF worked well and helped solve that problem.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has a lot of bells and whistles which is great. My favorite feature is the timesheet feature.

Cons

I wish it had more colors, it's a little blah and grey and boring.

My business made more money by using FunctionFox!

I used to manually track my time for each job, but when I started using FunctionFox and it's handy stopwatch feature, I was amazed at how much extra time I was actually spending on projects. This new information allowed me to better estimate jobs and accurately bill my clients. Accurate billing brought more financial stability to my small business. It pays for itself, keeps me organized and I love the new rebranded user interface too!

Pros

The design is strong and aesthetically pleasing along with easy-to-use intuitive features. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Customer service is phenomenal! Best time-tracking software I've used, hands down.

Cons

No complaints to report at this time.

Great proclaim to help me stay on track.

Function Fox is a great program for helping you track hours and tasks. Also, the customer service team is very responsive and very helping in answering any questions I have had over the years.

Pros

The ease of use.

Good software for tracking

Pros

The nice thing about FunctionFox is that it is simple to use and does a good job with tracking projects. The built in function that allows email messages to be sent to people working on projects is a great feature.

Cons

The software seemed a little over the top. Many of the available functions seemed kind of unnecessary and just cluttered the space. That would be my only complaint, but perhaps there is a market where the additional functions are used.

Great product

Pros

My partner had used Function Fox in a previous company and found it useful. We found it much easier to use than alternative products we used elsewhere so returned to Function Fox as soon as we had the opportunity.

Cons

Would prefer to have the company name rather than an organisation no.

Wonderful product for Time Management

Pros

User friendly and supportive customer support team.

Cons

All the features are useful in this product.

I Love FunctionFox!

I'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact. Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our...

Best overall

Very good

Pros

Fast functionality and clean and intuitive

Cons

There is nothing to be hates about this.

Absolutely Indispensable

Pros

TimeFox is incredibly easy to set up and use, even for timesheet haters like me. As a freelancer, managing time on multiple projects is critical. This program makes estimating new projects, tracking time and expenses, and managing workflow a cinch. I’m capturing time that I used to forget about, and billing takes minutes instead of hours. Also, TimeFox is web-based, so I can access it when I’m on the road. And this company really knows the meaning of customer service. They provide it free, any time I need it, and I get to talk to a real person who actually knows the product. Like I said, indispensable.

Cons

If you’re looking for something with all the possible bells and whistles, this might not be for you. TimeFox lets you export data to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in

Absolutely Indispensable

Timesheet and Project Management Without Tears

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Outstanding, personalized customer service from real people. As a creative, it makes keeping timesheets as painless as possible. As a producer, it makes tracking previous expenses, suppliers, actual costs, etc. a dream.

Cons

They keep adding (useful!) features and I don't always find time to stay up to date to make sure my current practices couldn't be helped by their upgrades. More me than them, really.

Great Product!

After ten years of using in-house designed software, we made the switch to FF at the beginning of the year, and it was relatively painless! All of my staff have commented that it is easy to learn and use, and they were correctly opening/closing new projects and tracking their time within the first week. There are a few functionalities missing which would make it easier for me to run monthly billing reports and export for Quickbooks, but the training staff was very patient and helpful in assisting me in setting up some advance, custom reports to bridge the gap. Our dedicated "on-boarder" support staff person is excellent - responsiveness and support is a big plus here!

Pros

Ease of use; breadth of functionalities

Cons

Not as flexible with its exports for Quickbooks as I would like. I hate the fact that I have to run out monthly invoices one by one and can't just run out all the projects with time logged in at once.

Love this software!

Pros

Timefox is so easy to track and run reports with to-the-minute results. User-friendly and nice to look at too!

Cons

Wish it was easier to use retainer tracking feature, there are a few reports that don't show up how I would like them in this view.

Simple but powerful time management system

Pros

This system is remarkably malleable. My small agency is able to work quite efficiently within its capabilities. While we don't use it to generate quotes, that functionality would likely be useful to many. I came from another agency with a much slower, more primitive timesheet system, and I found myself dragging each month to get my time in by the 30th. Function Fox is super easy, and I find that it takes me no time at all to track my time for each day.

Cons

I haven't run into many cons to using Function Fox, but admittedly, I've only ever worked with one other system, which was WAY worse. I think my only hangup with FF is that the interface can be a little bit clunky, but I can't imagine a time management system that isn't.

Foxy on FunctionFox!

When I started at Keystone Click, BrightPod was their PM software for web development...not the right platform for the agency, as: -Projects were being delivered late and over budget -Resources were consistently over allocated -UX was too busy/confusing -Reports were confusing/lacking -Workflows (templates) didn't work for us -Accountability in getting work done within scope/budget and on time...

Antiquated Time Keeping Software

For the time being, FunctionFox serves the purpose of keeping our team's time but when we have time we will most likely migrate to a new system. There are so many better options at this price point with more features and benefits.

Pros

We have used this product for over 5 years and it is really easy for employees to understand how to input their time. Their customer service staff is helpful when you ask for something directly.

Cons

Setting up backend organization of clients and projects is a bit confusing and difficult. There aren't very many integrations for communication with other softwares and if there are, it is difficult to get them set up. Updates and added features have to be added to your account from a FunctionFox rep.

Setup painless and easy.

Pros

Ease of use and price point. Friendly and helpful support staff.

Cons

Nothing - it's great!

You can get the same for cheaper / free

Overall it gets the job done but could be cheaper as there are free alternatives that do almost all of the same things

Pros

Organization between workers / projects

Cons

Cost is too high for value received, needs more free features

About Function Fox

Pros

The software is a great value for your money. The features and functionality are easy to use. I like the timesheet, project costing, personnel rate report which is essential because it shows the actual cost of the project, reports advanced feature is also great because you can customized it to your needs, you can easily manage personnel, projects-retainers is also a great feature.

Cons

The invoicing feature is one of my least favorite. I wish the project name shows when you view an invoice or a quote in the list view section. The quotes and invoices cannot be customized within the software, so you just have to export into a pdf and make edits. The software has limited functionality.

TimeFox user for approximately 3 years

My company was better able to track where I spent my time/how much of my time was spent on specific projects.

Pros

The software is really easy to navigate, and they have continued to provide updates to make it even easier to use from a user perspective

Cons

I wish there was an app to download onto the computer to make it easier to capture timer and reminders, as the biggest fault of mine is remembering to input the time

FunctionFox review - Graphic Designer

Pros

I like how easily I can track my time through the use of the built-in timer / clock. I have used this product for 3 years and I do like the way the interface and design is evolving.

Cons

I wish there was a more intuitive and visual way to view schedules. It's very clunky and they're basically buried. They are not very helpful in a list format and would be much better suited if they could be color coded and interface with a calendar like Google. I don't like that when you do make a change to a schedule it doesn't automatically shift other items around. I keep track of my schedules best by simply speaking with my colleagues and writing on the work order. As far as I'm concerned the current schedule process in time fox is a waste of time. I also dislike that when I change tabs in one job I have to refind it again when the page changes.