My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.45/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I love that the user interface is so slick and simple. The application is fast and the reports are great and save me a lot of time at the and of the month.
The team is more than happy to help (customer support is A1) and this tool is well designed, easy to use, and in fact might be the best time tracker around. Perfect for freelancers.
In general it is an awesome easy to use tool that helps me keep track of time spent on each task I execute during my working time.
But here is one problem that it is a little tricky. Moreover, it is not updated yet.
The invoicing feature has limited customisation (That needs to be fixed pronto!). The mobile app is functional but very limited.
Every job from another client. It's hard to keep in min how many hours i worked on each project during the day.

KY

Kate Y.

Executive Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

A great tool for time tracking!

Transcript

Kate: My name is Kate. I'm a non-profit administrator. I give My Hours a four out of five. For more reviews...

DM

Doug M.

President

Education Management, 1-10 employees

I depend on My Hours

Transcript

Doug: Hi, I'm Doug. I'm president and instructional designer of my company. I am reviewing My Hours and...

Diane K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

My Hours for client work

Pros

The web-based version of My Hours is very easy to use. I like that I can track my time by client and by project. I use the free version and it meets almost all my needs. The website is fast, easy to navigate, and provides me the flexibility I need in tracking my billable hours.

Cons

While the majority of my time is tracked on the web-based version, I do have the mobile version loaded on my phone. However, I have found it lacking in features and flexibility. Also, I create reports each month so I can create my client invoices, and the time sheets cannot be formatted with decimal time. In all fairness, this might be a feature in their paid subscriptions, but I don't need the majority of their paid features, so I will stay with the free version and convert the times to decimal separately.

LL

Lilian L.

Executive Office, self-employed

Best Value for Money

I find that it's much easier to provide a time sheet to my client, and I like the layout and the reporting function of My Hours. I'm now considering to upgrade my free plan so I can utilise the time budget feature.

Pros

There is so much value in the Free plan. It's easy to use, and I like the layout.

Cons

I would love a desktop app for Mac please. Sometimes I forget to stop the timer on the browser. I'm afraid I don't like using the app on my phone as I find my phone distracting when I'm at work so rather not have to touch the phone.

JO

Juliette O.

Design, 1-10 employees

Buggy but does what it needs to

Pros

It lets me record time for multiple team members on multiple projects for multiple clients. I like the stop/start timer function, as well as the option to input the start/stop times manually, or even JUST input the number of minutes spent.

Cons

Recently the reporting functionality was changed and now it has become more difficult to pull a report on a single client's hours and projects. You have to pull a FULL report of everything and parse through each section to find what you are looking for. MUCH preferred how this feature worked BEFORE. Preferred the graphics, the circle charts to the bar graphs as well. Overall the software is often buggy and mis-records hours if you use the timer function, sometimes adding an additional 24 hours into the time period.

Hi Juliette, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! Please contact us at support@myhours.com to help you with the new reporting. It is still possible to download the report in the same way as before. Best wishes, My Hours Team

RC

Richard C.

Time will tell.

I use MyHours every day. It keeps me sane. It stops we overworking or underworking. It also gives me the power to assess individual areas of my business, life, and projects so I can fine tune and not live in la la land when it comes to understanding how long creative projects (and non-creative for that matter) actually take. Critical when it comes to pricing projects and determining the right fee level.

Pros

You can copy from the previous week so you don't have to rebuild your timesheet. You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Cons

That it didn't have this until recently! You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

BS

Brian S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

JC

Jeannie C.

Accounting, self-employed

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

DH

David H.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

great fit for a great price

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome! Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective. All the best, My Hours Team

AN

Anna N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Even the free version is excellent

The free version is easy to navigate and lets me track all my hours and export them into an attractive, well organized spreadsheet.

Pros

I've used the free version to track my hours for four years and have found it very helpful. I can easily split my time among various tasks - and then bill appropriately. The interface is self explanatory. Sometimes I start the clock to record in real time. Sometimes I go back and enter past work. I run a report at the end of the week and download my hours to send to my respective employers. It's all very easy to operate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to reallocate past time by combining tasks.

MP

Melanie P.

Super Time Tracker! Free version is awesome

Very useful with extra features; showing percentages of where I spend time, tracking expenses like mileage. Meets all my main goals

Pros

The free version first, but I like how you can create categories then make notes specifically for the time you spent as well as add expenses. It's also very helpful to report out to my board where I'm spending my time and I can put it into a pie chart with percentages, which is so helpful when sending this data to our bookkeepers.

Cons

Having to use the ":" when entering hours and the terms used aren't intuitive, like I always fumble around trying to pick the right report I want or to set up new categories.

Veronica T.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I use the free version, and I love it

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel. I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

CR

Claude Real T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great products and I recommend, but some improvement needed

My main use for this software is for my Graphic Designer business, but I recently started to use it also with my second job as IT Business Analyst and I can say, as an analyst, that the product is well design and simple. Once the mobile version is fixed and the ability to connect via API is rendered available, I think this product could be perfect for any company, at least in IT and Graphic Design.

Pros

The ability to enter the time online is a great plus. The tracking of time by project, client, tasks, etc. is really accurate and really helps to do a better management of hours per project and helps a lot for the billing of customers.

Cons

The interface is really bad on mobile devices (mostly cellphones). On tablets it's not so bad, but cellphone really need a major improvement. Also, and I want to indicate that it may be a lack of knowledge on my part, but I still haven't found the ability to connect to the software using an API to connect with a Payroll system.

DH

David H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Great tool!

Tracking time is so easy on this app and program. The software works concurrently between my phone and my computer. It is very easy to manage all of my customers and my time on each project. My customers like my time reporting on their billing, it helps them see how my time was actually spent. It helps me see when I am productive and when I am not.

Pros

Very detailed Nice time reports Rigid, yet flexible time tracking Customization per customer Noting what I am actually working on during the time being tracked Works on my phone and my computer

Cons

Reporting is a little tricky Can not customize reports

HF

Helena F.

Wine and Spirits, self-employed

Free, Easy to use & customize

I've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.

Pros

I just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.

Cons

I didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.

AF

Adriano F.

Design, self-employed

Very userfull tool for time tracking with great reports

1) Control the amount of time I work with projects and each client. 2) Know exactly what to charge from my clients 3) More control over time consuming tasks

Pros

MyHours is very easy to use and generate reports with nice graphics and statistics. I can review time consuming tasks and have more control over the projects. MyHours also give me information about how much each task costs to me and what to charge in my billings. I'm using the free plan for 2 years and this tool is a big help for my webdesign projects.

Cons

The color pallete :) I enjoy dark interfaces, perhaps in future this option could be available. For now, MyHours is perfect for my needings.

KB

Karen B.

Facilities Services, self-employed

Love My Hours!

I use My Hours to keep track of my time for each client and find it very easy to use and ideal for my needs.

Pros

Free version which does what I need and it's easy to use and set up.

Cons

Limited functions but as it's free, it's great!

Hi Karen, Thanks a lot for reviewing our app! It's good to hear that My Hours fits your needs. Thank you for staying with us for years. Please let us know if you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

MR

Michele R.

Internet, self-employed

Very valuable application

I have been using My Hours for several years to track my hours as a contractor in a project with a small team. In this time, I have been able to pull up reports for invoicing and project scheduling. I have needed the reporting for surprise audits as well. It has made my life much easier!

Pros

I find it very easy to track my hours. I love the reporting. I love the price point.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I like least about it.

ML

Melanie L.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

MB

Michael B.

Computer Software, self-employed

Generally excellent; Came closest to suiting my needs

My Hours is far-and-away the best fit I have found for my particular requirements. Competing products that I looked at were extremely bloated with inadequate task and project management. The interface is clean and functional and not weighted down with features I would never use. It is difficult to find a site (app?) for a given purpose that hasn't tried to be everything to everybody. My Hours has focused their attention on time logging and has done it extremely well (at least for my particular use case).

Pros

Time logging itself is extremely easy to use and the interface suits the way I want to use it well. Support is excellent and they always address my questions and suggestions in a very timely fashion. Their focus is on time logging and the service is not cluttered with features I will never use.

Cons

My work is predominately freelance. I get paid through quite a few different channels and frequently have to log my time again in other systems. My Hours is a little too designed towards being the inclusive source for invoicing. Generating reports of all time worked for a given client so that I can provide an activity report is a bit cumbersome and unfortunately, I do not completely trust their accuracy as filter options often reset themselves and there were issues early on when certain activity was excluded without it being clear that it was. To their credit though they have continually worked on the reports and they are much better.

LA

Lori A.

Computer Software, self-employed

Best Hours Tracking Tool

I use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting. It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up. I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup. I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

Hi Lori, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long! The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months. Kind regards, My Hours Team

Hlonipha N.

Design, self-employed

User friendly with many useful features, love it!

My overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.

Pros

The ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go. I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected. I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.

Cons

I have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively. I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.

KB

Kirk B.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Solid product that is easy to incorporate into the organization

Happy with the software and the way it works for my organization. I was up and running in less than an hour and the software easily adapts to meet my changing needs.

Pros

This product is easy to use, set up and incorporate into the daily functions of the organization. Technology is solid and accessible. The mobile app allows you to connect anywhere as well.

Cons

You cannot sort the time log in reverse chronological order. I cannot always use the state/stop feature so I manually enter my times. I work on projects each day and have to scroll through till the end to see where my entries end.

MP

Matt P.

Media Production, self-employed

My Hours is essential for a freelancer who needs to keep track of time on projects

Pros

It has simplified and modernised the process of time tracking on projects for me. Being able to create separate projects and associate them with particular clients helps me quote for future work more effectively and ensure I'm invoicing the correct amount on project completion. Being able to separate specific tasks is also helpful. As a video editor it's very easy to lose track of time on projects, so I wouldn't be without this software moving forward.

Cons

I haven't taken the time to learn about all of the features available so can't say much. However the only thing I would say is the interface does appear a little confusing sometimes, particularly when I'm looking at reports for particular clients. Sometimes I have reports saying projects have billable hours and others don't and I don't really know what I've done to enable this. Maybe that's why I haven't dug deeper as of yet.

PS

Pamela S.

I love My Hours and recommend it to my colleagues

This tool saves me a ton of second guessing and analyzes where I spent my time. I love this!

Pros

My favorite part of My Hours is that it makes sense. When I first went into business for myself I tried another hour tracking company and it was awful. The product was clunky and very limited. I came across My Hours and haven't looked back. In fact, any contractors with whom I work, I request they use My Hours too. I like that it is easy to add projects and tasks to my various clients. I like that it's easy to see all of the tasks all at once. I have accidentally created multiple tasks that mean the same thing and it's easy to delete the redundant ones. My favorite part is being able to see how many hours I have spent per client at any given time. This is so helpful!

Cons

I think setting up the profile at the beginning was a little tricky for me - but I understand how to use it now. I also wish it was slightly easier to add new tasks while working inside a project.

JL

Jean-Louis D.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used it for years and years, for me and my customers

At the beginning, years ago (over 10 I think?), all consultants of my small practice would enter their time-sheets which would then be used to invoice our projects and for statistics such as number of days spent on training, self-study, business development, etc. I used it to benchmark my managing director's activities, and I still do, as well as I push using it at various customers and projects.

Pros

It's simple, made by people who understand what is really useful, easy to teach, can be used at individual and team level, for project or recurring tasks, with invoices or not. Reports are good looking and easy to export. Best value for money!

Cons

Structuring the tasks, projects, customers, teams etc requires a little thinking: however 1) it is quite normal and 2) with a small pilot usage phase it is easy to correct and get on the right tracks.

Hi Jean-Louis, thanks a lot for your review and especially for staying with us for more than a decade! :) We appreciate it. Let us know in case you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

SA

Shivaraman A.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Perfect for anyone looking for a simple time tracker

Pros

It's very easy to use, coupled with the mobile app I've not needed anything more since I started using it. The functionality to add rates at project setup and to not have to worry about them individually is just awesome! I've only used the free version and the fact that I haven't ever been forced to get the premium version is something I'm very thankful about. If and when I would grow my team, I would surely try out the version for teams.

Cons

Only one: the lack of connecting this with other PMS like trello or asana is something I would love to see. Or even an API availability for others to create ways to link the app to other systems

Hi Shivaraman, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input. It's good to hear My Hours fits your needs so well! You'll be glad to hear that some integrations are already on the way, and we are finishing the API as well. Wish you all the best, My Hours Team