My Hours Reviews

Pros

The team is more than happy to help (customer support is A1) and this tool is well designed, easy to use, and in fact might be the best time tracker around. Perfect for freelancers.

Jasmine L.

I love that the user interface is so slick and simple. The application is fast and the reports are great and save me a lot of time at the and of the month.

Ofir A.

I have had a great experience with this product, it has performed faultlessly and any of my technical questions have been answered promptly by customer support. I highly recommend giving it a go.

Mike H.

Cons

But here is one problem that it is a little tricky. Moreover, it is not updated yet.

muhammad a.

The invoicing feature has limited customisation (That needs to be fixed pronto!). The mobile app is functional but very limited.

Mike H.

Every job from another client. It's hard to keep in min how many hours i worked on each project during the day.

Maciek W.

MyHours - great way to track my time

Great way to help me prepare my invoices for clients

Pros

It is really easy to set up. Day to day it works great! And I love that it is free - for 1 person and not a team to use, the free version makes the most sense.

Cons

They often upgrade things and then I have to figure out what the changes are Sometimes the changes are not for the best.

If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen

Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))

Pros

- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works. - You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for...

Cons

Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others): - No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have...

Hi Nadege, thank you so much for your kind review. Below are my short comments: 1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon. 2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how. 3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks. Thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Miha My Hours Team

The best time tracking software for Consultants & Freelancers

Accurate time tracking, budget review and reporting is essential for the business and our clients.

Pros

Ease of use and customizable to suit my business, agility to jump in and out of multiple projects and clients during the day, and the ability to export reports to MS Excel.

Cons

Nothing, it does everything I need and more.

Great lightweight utility for tracking time

As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.

Pros

My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.

Cons

There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.

Even the free version is excellent

The free version is easy to navigate and lets me track all my hours and export them into an attractive, well organized spreadsheet.

Pros

I've used the free version to track my hours for four years and have found it very helpful. I can easily split my time among various tasks - and then bill appropriately. The interface is self explanatory. Sometimes I start the clock to record in real time. Sometimes I go back and enter past work. I run a report at the end of the week and download my hours to send to my respective employers. It's all very easy to operate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to reallocate past time by combining tasks.

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

great fit for a great price

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome! Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective. All the best, My Hours Team

My Hours has the functionality I need and is easy to use.

Very good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.

Pros

I like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.

Cons

If I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.

Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants

I often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!

Pros

With a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.

Cons

There is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.

Flexible and reliable time tracking for multiple projects

Overall I find it easy to log in to MyHours at the start of my work day and to jump between tasks. I rely on the reporting to complete my company monthly timesheet which insists on me entering a % of my time spent on each project and task.

Pros

- Easy to start and stop time recording - Ability to continue tracking time of tasks from earlier in the day or week - ability to report the % of my monthly time spent at both project and task level

Cons

- in Dashboard report, no way to display a column for % time for tasks inside each project. (I have requested this feature multiple times but you are ignoring me!) The dashboard bar charts DO show % but the table below listing tasks and projects does not and cannot be customized. My employer needs % time use on each task, and currently I need to manually calculate! - in the latest UI, the 'Start new'...

Excellent and robust even as a free service

This has allowed me to keep detailed billing records for a handful of my freelance clients. There is so much flexibility that I could easily use it even for flat fee projects. It is simple to set up and almost mindless to use, yet it feels very robust. I've never felt a feature is missing. After trying countless competitors, including some very expensive industry software, I'm still convinced this...

Pros

This software is simple to set up and use. I don't waste any time setting up a new project. Once I've entered the client, I just start timing and go. I usually use the free version. I don't do a lot of hourly billing in my freelance career. So, I track projects and then add up the hours to create my own invoices in WorD. This service allows me to keep permanent detailed records, and my clients...

Cons

I sometimes forget to hit start or stop because there is no window hovering over my workspace. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints. It suits my needs perfectly.

Dear Kristen, Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very happy to hear our service is valuable to you and that our support was able to save your weekend :) All the best, The My Hours Team

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

Could not do my job without MyHours

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Hi Cheri, Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time! Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :) Have a good day, My Hours Team

Generally excellent; Came closest to suiting my needs

My Hours is far-and-away the best fit I have found for my particular requirements. Competing products that I looked at were extremely bloated with inadequate task and project management. The interface is clean and functional and not weighted down with features I would never use. It is difficult to find a site (app?) for a given purpose that hasn't tried to be everything to everybody. My Hours has focused their attention on time logging and has done it extremely well (at least for my particular use case).

Pros

Time logging itself is extremely easy to use and the interface suits the way I want to use it well. Support is excellent and they always address my questions and suggestions in a very timely fashion. Their focus is on time logging and the service is not cluttered with features I will never use.

Cons

My work is predominately freelance. I get paid through quite a few different channels and frequently have to log my time again in other systems. My Hours is a little too designed towards being the inclusive source for invoicing. Generating reports of all time worked for a given client so that I can provide an activity report is a bit cumbersome and unfortunately, I do not completely trust their accuracy as filter options often reset themselves and there were issues early on when certain activity was excluded without it being clear that it was. To their credit though they have continually worked on the reports and they are much better.

Great tool for tracking time on projects!

Love this software -- and did I mention its free for one user! I don't bill for my time, but I do need to keep track of time spent on various projects and on tasks within those projects. I work a helpdesk in a addition to various documentation projects. So during the day, when I pick up the phone to answer a helpdesk question, I just click to start tracking my time. When I'm done, I click back to tracking the documentation project that I was working on. Super simple! Great for reporting on my time spent -- however it was spent! I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to work as a professional genealogist. I will definitely be using MyHours to keep track of my time spent then!!! Thanks so much for a great product!

Pros

Easy to set up projects that you need track your time on. Easy to add tasks so that you can identify how you are spending your time on a particular project. Super easy to switch from project to project as you work through your day. Love being able to add all the projects that I plan to work on that day and then switch between them. Great tool to get reports on time spent on projects over a year for yearly job review (Bleh!). Not to mention Free for just one user (me!).

Cons

Could do with more flexible report options. The new report functionality is a bit more difficult to use than the previous ones.

Best Hours Tracking Tool

I use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting. It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up. I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup. I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

Hi Lori, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long! The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months. Kind regards, My Hours Team

Great Project Tracking Software

When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

Pros

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

Cons

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Hi Bonnie, thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team

I use the free version, and I love it

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel. I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

Great tool!

Tracking time is so easy on this app and program. The software works concurrently between my phone and my computer. It is very easy to manage all of my customers and my time on each project. My customers like my time reporting on their billing, it helps them see how my time was actually spent. It helps me see when I am productive and when I am not.

Pros

Very detailed Nice time reports Rigid, yet flexible time tracking Customization per customer Noting what I am actually working on during the time being tracked Works on my phone and my computer

Cons

Reporting is a little tricky Can not customize reports

Awesome productivity tool!

Awesome App. I use it all day at least 5 days per week. Highly recommended.

Pros

The free version has enough for most users. I use it to track what aspects of my job I am spending my time on. This helps answer the question: How much of your time would you say you spend on task X? Basic charts show you exactly where you are spending time. Generating that awareness also helps me to utilize my time more effectively. The visibility tends to make a person waste less time, as they are accountable to the App to log it somewhere useful. I've recommended this for that purpose to several of my colleagues.

Cons

Sometimes a few more clicks than necessary to enter the times. The Now +/- feature is awesome, but manually keying in times like 11:35 AM to 1:00 PM manually is a lot of buttons and possibly could be a little easier with some basic data entry tools. Maybe 2 +/- buttons? One for 5 min, one for 30 min or 1 hour?

User friendly with many useful features, love it!

My overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.

Pros

The ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go. I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected. I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.

Cons

I have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively. I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.

Use it as a single user and I love it!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of setting up projects and selecting projects for time entry. I love the different settings for time entry also, the 'standard' way and the quick mode. I also like how I can automatically assign tasks to every new project, that is so helpful! Overall, I think the architects and developers have done a great job making this software simple, powerful and easy to use! The user experience is phenomenal and I'm not overloaded with options!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it seems as though it has trouble loading sometimes and "hangs", especially when I modify a time entry. It feels like the server is undergoing maintenance and it has trouble connecting. It's not often and this hasn't deterred me from using it, but it is the first negative attribute that comes to mind. Also, I wish the software had a feature to report and track time in decimal notation.

Dear Joe, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear our Free plan is valuable to your work. :) We did have a few technical mishaps in the past which is why we upgraded to a state of the art cloud hosting service. We are working hard on making your My Hours experience as flawless as possible. However, if you do notice any strange behavior or you would like to make a suggestion such as the decimal notation you mentioned, please, do not hesitate to email us at support@myhours.com. We take user suggestions very seriously and providing good support is very important to us. Thanks again and happy tracking, The My Hours Team

Free, Easy to use & customize

I've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.

Pros

I just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.

Cons

I didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.

Solid product that is easy to incorporate into the organization

Happy with the software and the way it works for my organization. I was up and running in less than an hour and the software easily adapts to meet my changing needs.

Pros

This product is easy to use, set up and incorporate into the daily functions of the organization. Technology is solid and accessible. The mobile app allows you to connect anywhere as well.

Cons

You cannot sort the time log in reverse chronological order. I cannot always use the state/stop feature so I manually enter my times. I work on projects each day and have to scroll through till the end to see where my entries end.