Streamtime Logo

Streamtime

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

Streamtime Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.34/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It is so easy and intuitive and exactly what i was looking for. Love love love this app.
I love the software, it's easy, intuitive, colourful (just a nice UX) and all my contractors love it and anyone I show it to loves it. It's easy to scale the business with it, it connects to Xero.
They have been great to deal with, I have confidence that even if a feature is not there or something needs improving they will be working towards it.
The only disappointment is that I didn't start using it sooner.
Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.
Studio resourcing and availability (or lack of it) is much more visible to us than ever before.

Owen T.

Design,

Easy to implement & use, grows with our business, agile and always being improved

Pros

Streamtime has helped to revolutionise our business. It not only is a tool we use daily but integral to business development. We use it on an ongoing basis to fine tune what we do with respects to processes & procedures. It helps us be agile and can flex with our growth. Support is second to none too!

Cons

In all honesty there is nothing that I could comment about regarding cons. Streamtime has consistently delivered for us as a business and continues to develop to help both management, project managers, designers and the finance team!

JA

Jay A.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

A perfect fit for a creative agency

The Streamtime team has been extremely patient throughout our unusually long sales cycle. They have consistently been experts in the functionality of the app, willing to take the time to develop innovative solutions to our (potentially unrealistic) demands. So far, the app has proven to fill the financial and real-time profitability capabilities we did not have in our previous system, improving the time recording process while maintaining high quality resource allocation/management functionality.

Pros

The innovative design and thought process for managing job workflow is unique in a very crowded category. Developed for the Creative environment, it changes the focus of project management from filling out multiple screens and forms to a more modern, user-friendly, intuitive interface. Evolving the time sheet to a To Do list could be evolutionary in the struggle to accurately capture time.

Cons

Too soon to say as we are starting the implementation process but would be nice to have approval/markup & sign off capability for creative internally & with clients.

RH

Ronane H.

About Streamtime

Pros

> the simplicity > the cool look and feel > the smart way to filter, choose the columns and save my favorites (but sometimes there are so much possibilities that we can get lost)

Cons

> CRM (teamleader should be a good inspiration) > the lake of flexibility (personnalized templates > cfr teamleader as well !-) > the difficulty to use the schedule

JS

Jordan S.

Awesome

Brilliant. Love it. I just wish I could afford to put every member of the team on it. Customer service is great, content and added extras (webinars, emailers etc) are helpful and interesting and the product itself is always being updated and made better.

Pros

Coming from a larger agency that used a number of different timesheet, forecasting and scheduling applications I was able to shift all my project planning into one app that is really fun to use. It has been instrumental in the way I am learning to cost jobs, write proposals and get on top of my workload on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of android app and the mobile site being a bit clunky making it difficult to work with it on the go. It's little buggy here and there when on desktop. Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

CB

Craig B.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Streamtime is great.

Streamtime is great and we have no hesitation in recommending it to any Architectural Practice.

Pros

Streamtime is a simple to use whole of practice software package that assists and allows us to focus on delivering our Architectural Services.

Cons

I still have to do my timesheets, however Streamtime has made it as simple a process as possible.

Simon R.

Great tool for helping productivity, planning and integration with Xero. Intuitive and simple.

Pros

Fits with the way a modern agency works and the Streamtime team have really listened and studied an agencies workflow. Streamtime is simple to use and is really helping us manage our costs and time without it getting in the way. The software has been embraced by project managers and designers and is a seamless resource for ensuring everyone knows what they have to get done. Quotes and invoicing are logically structured, well designed and can be emailed directly to clients for approval.

EZ

Elaine Z.

Why I love Streamtime

It's a smart, flexible and easy to use and meets our needs perfectly. Beautiful clean design - a real pleasure to use. The ongoing support is excellent and the team are friendly.

Pros

It was easy to integrate into our business processes. Indeed it's fundamental to our business sucess. It's easy to use

Cons

The expenses to PO functionality I don't think it can link to our accounting software - Sage. Not 100% sure about that

Luke S.

Design,

Streamtime does everything we need, the UI is fantastic and the support is very personal and helpful

Such an efficient piece of software, it is beautifully designed so we actually like using it and tracking time is no longer a chore.

Pros

That I can do everything in the one piece of software in a user friendly way. Quoting, invoicing, project management, scheduling, reporting. It's all there without being overwhelming.

Cons

Would love to see some to-do list style integration. Sometimes I don't realise the full power of new features, but the emails I now get from Streamtime announcing updates have great videos and instructions so it isn't an issue anymore.

Kristy D.

Design, self-employed

Beautiful to use and really lovely support

Love Streamtime and hope they can expand the timeline option further. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

I really like how personable the product is, I love your live-streams and I love the interface. The UI is super easy to use and it integrates well with accounting systems

Cons

As I do not have the premium version, I am able to create timelines

ÁB

Áine B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Excellent

Great system, great team. Always get a reply in plain language to any questions or queries. Our team love it. Very easy to train people on how to use."

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service

Cons

I don't find anything lacking in this software- they are always open to feedback and offer suggestions on how to work around issues or create new ways of working with the software

PR

Paull R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Streamtime contains everything we need to know about our projects, clients and suppliers.

Helps us to keep track of project progress and manage a job from quote through to invoice.

Pros

We have been using Streamtime for a number of years and the cloud-based platform is a vast improvement on previous iterations. It is very straightforward to log in and check the status on individual projects. You can easily add a new stage to a job, revise a quote, then send it off to the client for approval. One thing I really like about that process is having the client `approve a quote by clicking the button (although many of them don't seem to bother!). Support is good, always get a good response from the development team service is a key differentiator for me.

Cons

Generally speaking the system is quite intuitive, but there are some elements of the interface that are not immediately clear the USED / PLANNED figures in the budget section of a quote, for example. That doesn't make sense to me, I think the total should include also include expenses, that would give us a running total that tell you when you've overspent. I haven't managed to output any useful reports...

Thanks for the review Paul, We're looking at how we can improve that data on the job screen to better reflect the used / planned better.

BP

Bianca P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A new level of productivity, self management and visibility from our team

The ability to filter reporting data is fantastic. We couldn't easily calculate profitability and performance levels before, and it's highlighted and helped us improve those things really quickly now that we can see what's going on!

Pros

the ability to set up pre populated project templates, products, and rate cards. This speeds up a lot of our admin tasks associated with setting up projects. Followed by the ease and clarity of the time and expense tracking against the quotes, and the filtering of information so we can report on all the important things we need to know for business profitability and good client experiences.

Cons

It would be great to have the contact details of the project Contact automatically visible in the project vs just their name. then we wouldn't have to copy and paste them into the project or open another tab to view their contact details while working on the project. It would also be great if quotes with our messages automatically got sent to the person who's sending them, and there was a pdf attachment the client could reference at a future date if we edited the quote for any reason.

JJ

Junie J.

Form and Function

visually pleasing and super easy to use

Pros

As a graphic design studio, the design of the platform is amazing! Makes an otherwise boring 'chore' a very pleasant experience. Also links with Xero, so our Finance Manager is very pleased!

Cons

Some of the features we like come with a premium price, which I wish they include in the basic package.

RD

Ryan D.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

StreamTime

Great software and best/easy way to track time and expenses that I have came across so far in my career!

Pros

I find streamtime very user friendly and super fast to pick up for any firm. I have recommended it to my girlfirends design firm to use as their current way of tracking time is very inefficient.

Cons

I wish streamtime had a way at the bottom to see the total time of work I put in per day after I have already logged it. It works great when it is unlogged and I can look in the right corner in the to do number but once I log it, there is no way of me knowing unless I add up my time on my own. I like the weekly total breakdown on the write but I wish there was a daily number under each day!

Hi Ryan, thanks for your review! Just letting you know that if you pick up and drag that black divider bar on your TO DO screen you will see the total hours tracked per day. Cheers! Aaron

KF

Kris F.

Awesome product, highly recommend it

Easy to use and follow

Pros

Running a design team means that we need to be really good at planning, tracking and reporting on projects. I was looking for something really good at doing this and spent a good few months and lots of free trials on other software. From the start, Streamtime felt like a great fit for our business. A well structured and elegantly simple layout made it easy to get started. As we started to use it we then discovered that there were lots of additional features that made it possible to do all of things that happen when projects change. Its obvious that there has been alot of thinking behind Streamtime that makes it very useable with real world projects. On top of this there is a sense of fun and good humour in the software that helps make it enjoyable when you are using everyday.

Cons

I don't have a long list of things that I like the least about the software. I would like to see more integrations.

Internet, 11-50 employees

a worthwhile transition

Now that I'm familiar with the functionality and features it's very easy to jump in and jump out when I need, the user interface did take sometime to get used to; it's not a carbon copy of other systems and works very well for what we need. The support and feedback process is very good, new features and requests for feedback and great and you can see StreamTime progress.

Pros

Scheduling tasks on per day basis is very helpful, but also having the ability to schedule longer task across days/weeks. StreamTime also has a very powerful budget reporting so we're able to check how a project is going to budget and make decisions accordingly.

Cons

The only con is the amount of detail you can add per task and in saying that we now prefer not to keep too much information per task in StreamTime such as developer briefs, screenshots, files etc.

WM

Warwick M.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Intuitive user interface

Streamtime has helped us manage our goals-oriented project planning really effectively. It's also made project budgets super transparent, which has allowed our team to get involved with the profitability of our business. Reporting for payroll and time management are very helpful too.

Pros

After comparing half a dozen different business management apps, Streamtime stood out as the most intuitive and well-thought out. I love the direct relationship between scheduling and timesheets, a unique element that sets it apart. It has the perfect balance between detail and looseness that makes it easy to record information and extract useful reporting. The reporting filters have recently been vastly improved, making analysis a breeze. Though the new scheduling interface will improve it greatly, it's already a very easy-to-use resource scheduling tool.

Cons

The big drawback is that Streamtime is best suited to time and materials project planning, which as an architecture studio we don't use. I'd love to see better tools for long format fixed fee projects. The interface is just so good though that we've found workarounds to make this work for us for the time being!

Thanks Warwick for your kinds words. Its great to see so many Architects coming on board. We made some recent changes to help with the fixed fee projects and we are not done yet!

AP

Adam P.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Time Saviour

I'm a Design Studio Manager working client side. I've a team of 5 designers who work with all areas of the business to produce adverts and comms. We invested in StreamTime after a friend of mine suggested we look into it. In short, it's simply brilliant. Extremely easy to use, my designers and I can manage our time and projects, collaborate seamlessly across jobs and, more recently, run analytics to show which areas of the business impact us most in terms of time and amends. StreamTime is a weapon any creative should have in their arsenal.

Pros

It's extremely easy to set-up jobs and allocate time. It's just as easy to view who is working on what and amend workload based on sickness, holidays or shifts in deadlines. I can easily set-up projects months in advance and book time in for all areas of the business. It's made us far more efficient and productive as a team too. It's pretty faultless.

Cons

It can be a little buggy at times. Slow loading and having to refresh to ensure things have updated. Although, I'm putting that down to our network connection rather than faults anywhere else.

Thanks Adam, we've been working hard on performance as we have scaled and had such a big influx of users (good and bad!) Things should be sweet now though. Appreciate your kind words.

FF

Fernanda F.

Quick and Easy

Pros

It is so easy and intuitive and exactly what i was looking for! Love love love this app

Cons

No complaints! It works so perfectly and integrates with other apps very easily.

Ryan L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

You'll understand why you need it after week 2

Organizing workflow has been something we've tried to fix for quite some time. Now other stakeholders can see what we have on our schedules and plan their deadlines accordingly. Streamtimes like a digital traffic manager.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage outstanding tasks. We usually have a list of occurring jobs as well as new jobs that come in. Scheduling them and tracking back saved me so many times. It's become out primary workflow tool in our company (replacing an Excel doc).

Cons

I really don't like the fact that there's still no android application. But more serious if there are a huge list of open jobs, you tend to forget to scroll to find the rest.

Hospitality,

We've started to use streamtime about two years ago and since then have grown with the product ;-)

Pros

style, design, usability - I also appreciate the assistance by the customer support and that streamtime always keeps innovating

Cons

We were in contact with customer support several times and most request were fulfilled. Where we still see difficulties is in changing currencies (we are charging different currencies to different global clients) as well as in adding team members solely for some projects (NOT being able to see all the other projects we are working on).

DT

Dan T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Streamtime is super simple to learn right from the get-go

A great platform to use with great service. 10 out of 10.

Pros

The user experience from day one has been nothing but good vibes. I needed a management software system to record all my freelance clients in an organised, simple manner where I don't have to spend more than 10 minutes updating jobs and sending invoices and Streamtime covers that issue with ease. The more you use it the easier it gets and I haven't gone through all the tutorials that Streamtime offer to be even more efficient.

Cons

Possibly more third party integration options e.g. hnry.co.nz. Email notifications when your invoice has been opened or seen by your client. Maybe an instant payment button on invoices, that would be a rad feature.

AC

Adam C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Revolutionises our business... everyday!

They have always been incredibly supportive and responsive and our business relationship of over 8 years has been one of our most collaborative, for what is essentially just a software.

Pros

User friendliness, efficiency and the fact that it is designed by designers for design savvy people.

Cons

The shift to the new version was touch from the old one - but it is so much better it was worth the effort to re-learn our processes and systems.

GD

Giuseppe D.

Design, 1-10 employees

The search is over - welcome to loving work management software!

Awesome they are amazing to deal with.

Pros

Everything! Great UI/design, surprise and delight moments, UX is excellent, constantly improving.

Cons

Price is a little on high side. Could have better functionality for plugging-in in contractors. Mid range recourse planning and forecasting would be very nice.

KR

Karl R.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Productivity… Getting it Done!

Since day one I have been totally satisfied with my Streamtime experience. The online one-to-one with the Streamtime staff (Simon) got me up and running quickly and I know they're there if I have any questions.

Pros

I love how easy Streamtime is to navigate, manage and enter jobs but the To Do/Done area is my favourite. I'm spending less time on admin and more time on actual projects.

Cons

Like all software there is a learning curve to consider when adopting a new application, fortunately the Streamtime support is great and cleared up any of the usual 'new software' learning challenges.