Streamtime Logo

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

Streamtime Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.33/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
kantata

It is so easy and intuitive and exactly what i was looking for. Love love love this app.
I love the software, it's easy, intuitive, colourful (just a nice UX) and all my contractors love it and anyone I show it to loves it. It's easy to scale the business with it, it connects to Xero.
They have been great to deal with, I have confidence that even if a feature is not there or something needs improving they will be working towards it.
The only disappointment is that I didn't start using it sooner.
Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

Kristy D.

Design, self-employed

Beautiful to use and really lovely support

Love Streamtime and hope they can expand the timeline option further. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

I really like how personable the product is, I love your live-streams and I love the interface. The UI is super easy to use and it integrates well with accounting systems

Cons

As I do not have the premium version, I am able to create timelines

CM

Carla M.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Makes my working day easier!!

Studio resourcing and availability (or lack of it) is much more visible to us than ever before. Invoicing is very quick, as are estimates and job plans. It works in a way which makes sense and doesn't require hours of training to grasp - love it!.

Pros

We were pretty much able to set this up and get it rolled out throughout the studio on our own - that is because it makes sense and it user-friendly. Having used a very complicated system that required hours of training prior to this, this is a massive breath of fresh air. My day to day work is more organised and scheduling work through the studio is easy and we have great visibility on resourcing for weeks to come.

Cons

The integration with Google Calendar could be a little better but I know the guys are looking into this, they seem to regularly update areas of the site so im confident this will improve.

RH

Ronane H.

About Streamtime

Pros

> the simplicity > the cool look and feel > the smart way to filter, choose the columns and save my favorites (but sometimes there are so much possibilities that we can get lost)

Cons

> CRM (teamleader should be a good inspiration) > the lake of flexibility (personnalized templates > cfr teamleader as well !-) > the difficulty to use the schedule

JA

Jay A.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

A perfect fit for a creative agency

The Streamtime team has been extremely patient throughout our unusually long sales cycle. They have consistently been experts in the functionality of the app, willing to take the time to develop innovative solutions to our (potentially unrealistic) demands. So far, the app has proven to fill the financial and real-time profitability capabilities we did not have in our previous system, improving the time recording process while maintaining high quality resource allocation/management functionality.

Pros

The innovative design and thought process for managing job workflow is unique in a very crowded category. Developed for the Creative environment, it changes the focus of project management from filling out multiple screens and forms to a more modern, user-friendly, intuitive interface. Evolving the time sheet to a To Do list could be evolutionary in the struggle to accurately capture time.

Cons

Too soon to say as we are starting the implementation process but would be nice to have approval/markup & sign off capability for creative internally & with clients.

CH

Chris H.

Outstanding

Outstanding.

Pros

It's helped me get much more organised and productive as a creative professional. Their understanding of what it takes to be a modern brand and the value they've placed in the design and the smallest details of their product is inspiring. The staff are excellent and do all they can to help you. I've found the people behind it are very passionate about continuing to improve.

Cons

Not much. It's a little bit of a learning curve to get used to but isn't everything? The opportunity to be creative with it would be nice. Invoices that you generate are a little limiting, but is probably a necessary limitation.

Ryan L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

You'll understand why you need it after week 2

Organizing workflow has been something we've tried to fix for quite some time. Now other stakeholders can see what we have on our schedules and plan their deadlines accordingly. Streamtimes like a digital traffic manager.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage outstanding tasks. We usually have a list of occurring jobs as well as new jobs that come in. Scheduling them and tracking back saved me so many times. It's become out primary workflow tool in our company (replacing an Excel doc).

Cons

I really don't like the fact that there's still no android application. But more serious if there are a huge list of open jobs, you tend to forget to scroll to find the rest.

AC

Adam C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Revolutionises our business... everyday!

They have always been incredibly supportive and responsive and our business relationship of over 8 years has been one of our most collaborative, for what is essentially just a software.

Pros

User friendliness, efficiency and the fact that it is designed by designers for design savvy people.

Cons

The shift to the new version was touch from the old one - but it is so much better it was worth the effort to re-learn our processes and systems.

Sue P.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

21st Century Butler

It did make scheduling and maintaining to-do tasks/lists much easier, especially given many options in moving and changing the tasks without much hassle. The drop and drag options really elevates the kick I get from finishing/completing my tasks on time. Definitely a fun and an efficient way of keeping track of your work and responsibilities without it being made dull of an event.

Pros

Easy to use app that is aesthetically pleasing enough to make the chores and to-do lists less bore! Scheduling, reminders and to-do lists all in one app, (with many more options such as invoicing for us professionals!)

Cons

It was a trial run for me from the beginning, with having to self learn many options, wish there were some self-help videos. However I do believe most apps require that kind of investment to familiarise oneself with its functions.

Thanks Sue, We can't find your company or yourself in our system to reach out but we do have a lot of self help videos at help.streamtime.net and on our vimeo channel. We also offer free one on one's if you prefer. Great you're loving the drag and drop time sheets too :)

Favio R.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Easy to user interface and perfect management system

It has helped me orginize my team before starting our projects, and once they have started we were able to control them and ensure they were on track

Pros

It is a good software to track tasks in calendar, helpful to project management and allocate resources in the lookahead for every project.

Cons

There are some elements in the interface that are not the most intuitive. Not everyone, just a few.

EB

Edem B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best project management software we've used

Minimising the double entry time between multiple apps. An ideal project management system for our small studio, very easy to manage and takes away a lot of our pain points with scheduled projects.

Pros

Easy to use and the place I can view all of my projects at once, see the status of each project, and forecast upcoming projects etc. As well as where all my quoting and invoices are completed so there is no double entry or errors.

Cons

I don't use the todo section much/at all, although I know a lot of users rely on it.

PR

Paull R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Streamtime contains everything we need to know about our projects, clients and suppliers.

Helps us to keep track of project progress and manage a job from quote through to invoice.

Pros

We have been using Streamtime for a number of years and the cloud-based platform is a vast improvement on previous iterations. It is very straightforward to log in and check the status on individual projects. You can easily add a new stage to a job, revise a quote, then send it off to the client for approval. One thing I really like about that process is having the client `approve a quote by clicking the button (although many of them don't seem to bother!). Support is good, always get a good response from the development team service is a key differentiator for me.

Cons

Generally speaking the system is quite intuitive, but there are some elements of the interface that are not immediately clear the USED / PLANNED figures in the budget section of a quote, for example. That doesn't make sense to me, I think the total should include also include expenses, that would give us a running total that tell you when you've overspent. I haven't managed to output any useful reports...

Thanks for the review Paul, We're looking at how we can improve that data on the job screen to better reflect the used / planned better.

BP

Bianca P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A new level of productivity, self management and visibility from our team

The ability to filter reporting data is fantastic. We couldn't easily calculate profitability and performance levels before, and it's highlighted and helped us improve those things really quickly now that we can see what's going on!

Pros

the ability to set up pre populated project templates, products, and rate cards. This speeds up a lot of our admin tasks associated with setting up projects. Followed by the ease and clarity of the time and expense tracking against the quotes, and the filtering of information so we can report on all the important things we need to know for business profitability and good client experiences.

Cons

It would be great to have the contact details of the project Contact automatically visible in the project vs just their name. then we wouldn't have to copy and paste them into the project or open another tab to view their contact details while working on the project. It would also be great if quotes with our messages automatically got sent to the person who's sending them, and there was a pdf attachment the client could reference at a future date if we edited the quote for any reason.

BS

Billie S.

Design, self-employed

Wouldn't be without it.

Have been with them from before the inception of this platform, on their last one and this has been a fantastic journey to see how they have built it from the ground up with customers in mind. Just love it and would be lost without it.

Pros

The most impactful feature of this software is it's ease of use. I can work from the to do list which feeds directly into the job. I can drag and drop tasks as and when they need to be rejigged around task and job changes. And it's satisfying to get little encouragement animations when I've cleared tasks successfully.

Cons

I would like to be able to schedule when invoices are sent out. But I bet if I actually shared that with them, they would add it to their list of updates because they are brilliant at the support side of things too.

MH

Matt H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Powerful features for budgeting and scheduling, worth the change!

I work in digital and am very conscious of user experience; StreamTime has made a bold move on the user interface and I think it's worth it! I really enjoy using it and haven't had any major issues with it. Without fail we use it every day to schedule developers and report on budgets against project progress.

Pros

Very easy to manage your own and others ToDo lists, great project progress to budget, scheduling task in advance. The StreamTime team are very active with new product improvements, good communication and surveying of users to keep the product updated and in line with our expectations.

Cons

It's my employers choice to use the software and I can see benefits and powerful features for budgeting and scheduling that we couldn't find in other systems. The dislike are minimal once you're over the learning curve; it's a very unique user interface compared to other similar products and some might find that a hurdle.

KF

Kris F.

Awesome product, highly recommend it

Easy to use and follow

Pros

Running a design team means that we need to be really good at planning, tracking and reporting on projects. I was looking for something really good at doing this and spent a good few months and lots of free trials on other software. From the start, Streamtime felt like a great fit for our business. A well structured and elegantly simple layout made it easy to get started. As we started to use it we then discovered that there were lots of additional features that made it possible to do all of things that happen when projects change. Its obvious that there has been alot of thinking behind Streamtime that makes it very useable with real world projects. On top of this there is a sense of fun and good humour in the software that helps make it enjoyable when you are using everyday.

Cons

I don't have a long list of things that I like the least about the software. I would like to see more integrations.

Accounting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great operation solution

It's still one of the best online project management solution

Pros

Streamtime is a powerful project management solution that offers to users the possibility to handle their daily tasks like planning, invoicing and managing

Cons

The interface is not that users friendly. need to improve to meet market need.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Great app, with an excellent team that listen to you needs behind it

It's allowed us to update our very old system into a user-friendly online tool that all of our staff can use.

Pros

Easy of use has to be the foremost, love the planning as it's quick and easy for both management and staff.

Cons

I think the only things that we currently need is: 1. Forecasting within the StreamTime, 2. Billing in different currencies, 3. True Purchase Orders; and 4. It would be great if we could add different qty's into an expense, so one item could have Qty of 100, 200, 300 etc. Also I would love to be able to add lines to a quote, so an expense could have the unit price on one line, delivery on another and setup on another (for example). 5. Also the possibility to duplicate items or expenses as well as being able to delete them. Would make quoting much easier

JH

Jeff H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Never lose track of your valuable creative time.

Personal approach and quick response.

Pros

Its the easiest way to log your time as a creative person. Love the way you can drag and drop. Plus edit time as you go. Best way to see where all of those 15 minutes are going during the day that don't get lost by way of charging or understanding how long it really takes to get a project away. By the way I recommended ST to another Agency this week and they were considering ST already.

Cons

I can't really answer this as its very functional and intuitive.

RB

Rusty B.

Design, 1-10 employees

We've been using Streamtime for the past 6 months, & it is THE best studio management tool out there

Better studio management. More effective use of planned budgets. More efficiency in admin and invoicing. Seamless integration into our own internal studio process. Best of all its a great user experience and looks great too.

Pros

The ability to be able to plan projects, see costs and hours, assign to team members, track hours and invoice makes it perfect for our studio. The combination of being able to schedule teams hours, easily see availability and manage your own time in a seamless and visually engaging way is awesome. When I say engaging, I mean it's beautifully designed for a great experience in a task that's usually boring and painful.

Cons

There is very little to not like about Streamtime. The only small problem is not being able to have non-billable hours that don't have a dollar value assigned to it. But seriously, not enough to make us break a sweat

SR

Simon R.

Design, 1-10 employees

If you are a creative agency, you need Streamtime in your life!

Streamtime allows users & teams to be more organised throughout the studio. It appeals to all areas of the business including Management, Admin and Designers which makes it unique and so beneficial to the creative industry.

Pros

Streamtime is so easy to use and most importantly looks amazing! I use the software for implementing all our jobs across the studio schedule which also helps my team plan and manage their own time and job schedule. The regular updates by the Streamtime team also prove to me that they really care about this product and listen to all feedback they gain from the users. The updates just keep making this product better and better and we have seen a massive evolution even within 12 months of using! Thank you Streamtime!

Cons

Thanks Simon, we're always trying to make it better and love hearing client feedback. Cheers!

AZ

Aimee Z.

We use Streamtime as our main project management system

Pros

Streamtime works really well even the Classic version. Love the way they've taken a great product and improved it further by simplifying things and improving the user experience :)

Cons

Just one: landscape style company logos end up really tiny on quotes) but it was great to hear that Streamtime took our feedback and is working on a solution. Other than that, I'm really happy with it

Thanks so much Aimee, really appreciated !

DT

Dan T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Streamtime is super simple to learn right from the get-go

A great platform to use with great service. 10 out of 10.

Pros

The user experience from day one has been nothing but good vibes. I needed a management software system to record all my freelance clients in an organised, simple manner where I don't have to spend more than 10 minutes updating jobs and sending invoices and Streamtime covers that issue with ease. The more you use it the easier it gets and I haven't gone through all the tutorials that Streamtime offer to be even more efficient.

Cons

Possibly more third party integration options e.g. hnry.co.nz. Email notifications when your invoice has been opened or seen by your client. Maybe an instant payment button on invoices, that would be a rad feature.

Best Creative Studio Management Software

Pros

Well designed. Great support, regular updates and new features. Does time tracking/studio management better than anything else. The development team seem to be very responsive to the feedback and requests from users.

Cons

The project management/scheduling really requires a dedicated studio manager to implement. If you're a small studio and find yourself spinning a lot of plates already the premium features tend to require more time to fully take advantage. That said, it's a great feature if you can dedicate the time to plan everything out.

JY

Jim Y.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

It's an incredibly useful tool, as a middleweight designer, for logging hours, cuing hours for team.

It's an incredibly useful tool, as a middleweight designer, for logging hours, cuing hours for team members, and quoting for jobs.

Pros

The ease of use, flexibility, transparency, and UI quirkiness. It's also very good at conveying breakdowns of tasks to clients when needed.

Cons

it's a little temperamental with a wacom tablet. For instance sometimes it will work with the pen dragging times etc. and sometimes it doesn't...

CC

Cherise C.

A thoughtfully designed time saver

The ease of use, functionality and beautiful design of this product ensures there is no reasonable excuse for being disorganised when it comes to workflow. Streamtime makes job and time management a simple task to enable my studio to spend their valuable time in design rather than administration. The weekly view feature allows for realistic targets for jobs to be maintained rather than the 'wishful...

Pros

The Streamtime team seem very receptive to comments on improvement or issues I may have had. I am always incredibly impressed by their personal response. This program is so simple to use it thankfully avoids the lengthy customisation time often required of other similar products on the market.

Cons

The lack of timer originally seemed quite a frustrating element. After using this feature for a period of time I feel it has improved my way of working.

Hey Cherise, I'm so glad your life has changed now you've ditched your stopwatch timer on jobs :) Its the future.. Humans not Robots.