Propertyware Reviews

Pros

The customer service group is great in answering questions and helping me solve daily issues that come up in a timely fashion. MOSTLY, I THINK THE ONLINE TRAINING IS NOT INTERESTING OR EFFECTIVE.

sharon c.

This software is very user friendly. I like how it is separated with the different tab categories on top.

Gaytha K.

I like this program because it does what it says it will do. Easy enough to learn its functionality.

Austin C.

Cons

Their customer support is crap, but what they did with the ePayments, makes me regret the day I started using Propertyware. I probably will find someone else to use in the near future.

Alex M.

Mark B.

You can only search with the built in search engine, which is inferior to Google. This limits the usability of the on line documentation.

Lukas v.

Property management, marketing and accounting.

I've definitely gotten a scalable solution that helps property managers to maintain the properties with automated and optimized flows work.

Pros

I like social collaboration between property managers, landlords and tenants. Digital marketing functionality is very full of digital marketing. The training process is and implementation can be done in a very short time.

Cons

The downside is that it is not aimed at commercial or large properties. The software can not be installed on computers either, it can only be done through the cloud.

Hello, Carolina. Thank you for posting your Propertyware review. We do have plans to expand our solution for commercial property management use in the future. Would you be willing to share more information with us about your requirements? I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for being a Propertyware user! Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins Director, Product Marketing

Propertyware is great for tech savy users that want a powerful and custom back end solution

It has allowed us to advertise features clients love such as the ease of communication and how informed they will be about all aspects of their property. It's like cruise control for property management.

Pros

The transparency it allows our company to have. With great communication tools such as owner/tenant portals, automatic email alerts on numerous activities on a property, text messaging, email and more. Powerful reporting features allows us to satisfy the demands of large investors as well as a single property owner. Support is excellent from our local sales rep to the phone support center.

Cons

Not a very user friendly and intuitive interface. Slow to roll out new features and upgrades.

Hi, Chris - Thanks for the positive review! We really appreciate your feedback. Do we have your permission to quote you? Cheers, Casi

Propertyware is a good product.

Once I got comfortable with using the software I like it. I don't have any trouble with finding the things I need in everyday use of the software. In learning the software I seriously screwed up some things and support was extremely helpful in helping me to correct my errors.

Pros

Propertyware tracks everything that a property manager needs for managing their properties. It holds owner contact information, bank accounts for direct deposits, insurance on the property, and the property(s) that the owner has. It has leases for all the properties and gives us a tenant ledger to track rents and contact information for each tenant. It has owner/tenant portals that is a tremendous help when it comes to tenant payments or owner contributions and gives the owner all the information they need on paid invoices and tenant receipts. It also keeps track of emails sent to owners and tenants so you have a record.

Cons

The software in the beginning is a little hard to use as it is not very intuitive. When a property manager was not getting the maintenance requests I called support and there were a couple of different areas that needed to be looked at and corrected before she started receiving them. I would not have known that if not for support.

Propertyware is a good, but it's an expensive and flawed option.

Pros

We are a property management company with 150 doors and have been using Propertyware for over three years. Propertyware will do an excellent job of property management, but there are numerous problems. And it is very expensive.

Cons

They have a lot of great ideas, but they only implement them to about 90%. We are so angry and frustrated with the problems in PW that we have made the difficult and costly decision to cancel service and move to another software platform. Propertyware does have many positives, but you can research those for yourself on their website or in other reviews. You need to know its shortcomings before making...

Best software in the Buisness

This software has so much to offer and I'm sure that I'm not even scraping the surface of what it can do.

Pros

Very robust reporting and most detailed accounting system I have come across.

Cons

User friendly inspections would be great to have and eliminate the need for 3rd party providers. Mobile app that is capable of being used would be great. Marketing reports, confirmation of listings being active and detailed analytics would be great to have.

Leading the Market

We have been using it for a couple of years now. We love it. The system can scale with us which is really important. Our last system couldnt keep up with our organization and growth. The software is also easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is customizable. We can pretty much make it what we need it to be. To that effect sometimes can be confusing but this option is much better than anything else currently available for purchase.

Cons

I can't connect it to everything that I need. Lead generation software.

Great option

Easy place for all the task for our company

Pros

Its flexibility to my needs. Easy to add adjust and customize

Cons

there are some restrictions within the reports that make it less effective an

User Friendly

Pros

The reports and how to record anything using this software are very easy.

Cons

Hopefully they have better features for maintenance and text messaging.

Document every promise and they will break them and charge you

The people were nice and courteous but did not resolve my issues and just stopped communicating instead of resolving the issue. I might have kept the product had they not ripped me off on the add on services.

Pros

Online payments, I had a great experience with the help center they helped me with several issues until they were resolved, too bad the rest of the company didn't work this way.

Cons

Having my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] lie to me and then stop responding. Didn't provide the service as described and charged me anyway. Implementation drug on from 11/15 to 1/30 and turned on live without any testing. The marketing is useless without paying Zillow. The phone app crashed constantly when trying to search. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, put in writing that I could...

Inferior Software - Do Not Use

We used Propertyware for 2 years before switching to Appfolio, which is a far superior product. Overall, our experience with Propertyware was terrible and jeopardized our then growth plans.

Pros

Initially, we were happy with Propertyware before it was acquired by Real Page and they stopped investing in it.

Cons

I could write an essay about what we liked least, but to name a few problems: buggy software, clunky to use, outdated interface, too customizable which rendered it ineffective for deploying across an organization.

Propertyware Review

Propertyware does make our day to day processes go smoothly, it makes it easier on our tenants and owners on paying rents and collecting monthly income through the tenant and owner portals.

Pros

Propertyware is a software with vast capabilities. We have used the majority of these options in our business. We are pleased in general with the software and continue to learn more about the software on a daily basis. We would recommend Propertyware to other real estate property management companies.

Cons

The support team is very helpful, but we have had a few issues that were not resolved in a timely manner. We have had issues with the maintenance application that was updated in February 2019 and we received notification from the support team on May 24, 2019 that the issue had finally been resolved. This issue caused us a lot of frustration and extra work when we feel that the update on the app should...

Hello, Teresa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will share your feedback on maintenance with our product team. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Propertyware is the best of the class

Propertyware makes us more efficient and gives us the ability to communicate with our clients far more easily. We run with a smaller staff needed, and provide a much better product as a result.

Pros

Unlike most software in this space, Propertyware is highly customizable, even having an open API available in its top-tier package. This makes the software flexible based upon your individual processes, rather than having to tailor your processes to work within the software, as is the case with Propertyware's competitors.

Cons

Technical support has improved over the years, but it is still not to the level I would like. No one likes calling tech support and getting someone halfway around the planet reading from a script. This is really my only complaint with Propertyware.

Hi, Todd. Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with our Product Support team as well. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins - Sr. Director, Product Marketing Propertyware

Propertyware is complex and challenging, but provides nearly comprehensive functionality.

Our property management company, Royal Rose Properties, literally could not function without it.

Pros

Their "custom fields" option allows you to record just about whatever information you want or need onto every (unit/building/portfolio/contact/work order/lease/vendor/etc./etc.). On top of that, the system is robust enough to then allow you to create reports that provide, filter by, sort by, and otherwise use that custom data, which means it's useful for tracking just about everything. Which is HUGE...

Cons

It looks like it's from 1990...and it *acts* like it's from 1990. Which is to say there are lots of small, annoying inconsistencies in the way things are treated that add up to a significant headache without ever actually making you feel like any one thing is enough to make you switch services. For example, you can right-click on a link to any property, lease, or contact and open it in a new tab --...

ACH EPay Trigger 5th Day (False Info)

Solution: PW needs to place in their tool a trigger that if Bank does NOT reply within the 5th business day with Funds Transmitted, then Transaction is DECLINED. Currently there is no such trigger. PM BEWARE !!

Pros

This product has the basic typical platform that most PM Tools provide. Input information into a database is alright.

Cons

To All BeWare !! Problem: Out PM Company was seeing that when a Tenant pays rent via the Tenant Portal ACH Payment (EPay Status: Pending, PW Cycle: Approved, Processed, Originated) the Epay Status would go from Settled one day to Returned the next. Heven forbid the PM Company paid their Owners based upon this FALSE information (EPay Status: Settled, PW Cycle: Pending, No Reply from Bank). Property...

Is Propertyware a fit for everyone?

This is my first time using propertyware, and I was not an employee with the company when the decision was made to utilize the software. To my understanding it went something like this: "Oh this one looks good, lets get it" I think Propertyware is very well organized program when used properly, and utilized to its full potential. I also think its a fantastic program for multi family properties, where...

Pros

The tenant/owner online accessibility is great!! They can view their ledgers and access their accounts at anytime. I also like how mistakes can be corrected, maybe not always easily, but that is solely based on my experience and how the software was presented to me as I joined the company. I enjoy how easily you can search for a lease or owner in the global search bar, and how in the left hand column...

Cons

Tenant/Owner ledgers are not very user friendly (in my experience) They reflect very much of an accountants bookkeeping, and not all tenants/owners are "CPAs" so at times it can become difficult to explain debits/credits or income/expenses. On only a few occasions have I had to call customer service and they did not have an answer for me, or a resolution. In their defense, these requests were quite...

Propertyware Product Review

My experience has been positive with Propertyware. As a large client, it is extremely helpful to have a Platinum Support Agent connected to our account that has a relationship with our users. The support team has been extremely responsive in working with our teams and discussions about enhancements to be competitive with our products. Being included on BETA teams and development discussion is an extremely positive experience because they are learning about the industry and taking that knowledge for the product enhancements needed.

Pros

The software is built to grow with your company. With the flexibility of the system's customization, including the reporting, custom views, and custom fields, your company can record, track, and analyze business short term and long term business trends.

Cons

The system experiences glitches at times and can slow down based on usage.

Hi, Mary - Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! As always, your feedback is appreciated. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Propertyware Review

I enjoy using the Propertyware system. I find it easy to use.

Pros

Propertyware system is easy to use. Being web based, access anywhere

Cons

At first the training was difficult, we found little help in calling customer service. We had a new account Representative reach out to us, she was able to guide us to all the new training Propertyware has to offer. We are now on a better road to fully using all the tools. I know the system was build for the smaller multifamily property and has all the custom features, but this requires us to manually...

Hi Miranda - Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really appreciate your feedback. A lot has changed over the last 7 years and our implementation specialists are continuing to standardize processes with the help of customers like you. You can take advantage of the free instructor-led classes and open mic sessions offered by Propertyware University that you can schedule at your leisure by logging into Propertyware then selecting the training link, and choosing Instructor-Led classes from the top left menu. Cheers, Casi

Growing with Propertyware

Propertyware has changed a lot over the years, and I like the personal relationships that I have been able to build with the Propertyware team members. Participating in training, RealWorld, and the RoadShow has been helpful to me learning the system and feeling like I am being heard when I have concerns or ideas.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to add custom fields, which I have learned can be invaluable to housing information and pulling into reports. I came from the multifamily industry where Onesite has detailed reporting. Propertyware follows the same professional reporting formats, which my mom and pop owners as well as seasoned investors can follow and appreciate.

Cons

I would like to see improvement to the client text messaging feature and client communication features. I would like to see the conversation housed within the client's personal page, and not a community page. For example, if I am talking to John Smith who leases a house, then I would like to see the text messages and email conversation history within his lease tab. Same with an owner. The way that messages are currently handled is cluttered and difficult to find historicals. Email history is lost.

Hi, Kathy - Thanks for the positive review and we love hearing from you. You'll be glad to know that we do plan to further enhance text messaging in the future as the new design expands to other modules. We look forward to discussing the next phase in the near future. Cheers, Casi

Propertyware is great

It was a good program, however, at the time, they did not keep up with new technology. Text communications and add on's. Therefore, switched (however, regretted it)

Pros

It was easy to setup and perform needed tasks on day 1

Cons

The transfer of properties/owners integration was difficult and did not go smoothly.

You won't regret it.

Love it. It has smoothed out our processes and has helped us to integrate time saving technology solutions which we would not have had otherwise. Tenant portals, communication trails, time logs on maintenance requests.

Pros

Customer Service. Constant Improvements. Meets me where I am in support of my business functions. It was the first company to offer certain items that I needed to have the software work for my business. Ease of attaching documentation to the customer accounts.

Cons

Trying to create custom reports and customizing the dashboards. It does not promote commercial units online. Financial side of software was not an ideal solution. We reverted to Quickbooks which we have used for 20 years. Needs a better mobile solution (which they are working on as of 1/1/20)

Accounting features

Pros

The billing features are easy to use and fairly easy to fix if a mistake is made. The eCheck option has made paying vendors with actual checks a thing of the past and now everything gets direct deposited into their account.

Cons

A feature that we've requested be developed many times is the ePay/Banking feature for vendors. It allows you to put in their banking info, but the "Billing Email" is useless. All vendors receive a remittance email when payments are made showing a breakdown of invoicing and pmt amounts. It would be highly useful if the Billing Email actually functioned and would send the remittance emails to that specific...

Totally User Friendly

Excellent software/program. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The Propertyware program is very user friendly. Not just that, but the support you receive if you have any questions or concerns is top notch! I occasionally run into some sort of problem and just about every time I've ever called Support, the representative I speak with solves my problem with very little effort. Two times in the 9 years I've been using this program, I have run into a problem that could't be solved by the rep that I speak with. They try to the best of their ability, but then let me know that it needs to be escalated to someone else. Both times, I received a call the next morning with the solution! The reps are always friendly, respectful and no question is treated as "stupid"! Tney are great!

Cons

I don't use all of the features because I'm a Tenant Relations Supervisor and do not work with the maintenance or owner features. I don't feel there are any cons to the part of the program that I use.

Not terribly satisfied.

This software was chosen because they claimed to be the closest to the software I previously used: Tenant Pro. They claimed to be able to migrate a lot of my data for me. They did, but much of it was improperly done and I had to re-do most of it anyway, so the data migration was of little help. It took me nearly 3 months to be up and operational, all the while paying my monthly fees without being...

Pros

Extremely helpful, readily available support staff. Moderately priced on line software.

Cons

Have to use the support staff frequently - program not very intuitive. Hard to make changes -if at all - to check splits or entries once check is printed. Little customization can be done to checks for printing. Check number extremely small and this cannot be changed Cannot have vendor account number put on checks. Cannot get an Income Statement with both Year to date and Month to date on same statement. Tenant ledger statements not very helpful - not much information shows on the statement Terminated tenants show up on Accounts Receivable list if they had any balance when they moved out. No way to remove them.

Propertyware for residential management

Overall, this program has a lot to offer. I have learned that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between the leases, portfolios, contacts etc. Also, the ability to attach documents to leases, property, portfolio, contact and vendor pages makes accessing bills, notes and documents quick and easy. Has eliminated searching through paper files for bills and documents which is a real time saver. The tenant portal makes online payments convenient for our tenants and staff. The owner portal keeps the owners informed of maintenance and expenses in real time.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Learning the system is relatively easy using the online instructional videos and the help/support tab.

Hello, Jackie- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Would you be willing to do a video testimonial for us also? I look forward to speaking with you soon. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

User Friendly Software

It has made us more organized and has made it easier to track our rental income and expenses. Overall, we have had a great experience

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and doesn't need a lot of training to get started. I like that the reports are very customizable.

Cons

The look of the pages seem antiquated. I heard that a new cleaner look was coming, so I am excited to see it. I wish the reports would refresh automatically as I sometimes forget to look to see if the report is up to date.

Hi, Pam - Thanks for taking the time to provide us a great review. We appreciate you and yes, we have already begun introducing our new design. You can see the great changes in the look, feel and mobile responsiveness on the New View Dashboard, Integrated Text Messaging, and the Owner Portal. The Tenant Portal and the first phase of the Banking module, Money In, are launching later this month. We will continue to work in modules until the transformation is complete. We designed it this way to keep your training and business disruption to a minimum. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing RealPage