Yardi Breeze Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.97/10

Reviews by rating

I love the simplicity of the program and how user-friendly it is. The integration was also super easy and I was able to set it up with the help of an amazing Yardi team.
User friendly and great support. Everyone who has offered support has been helpful and friendly.
Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.
The overall experience since day 1 of using this product has been ABSOULTELY TERRIBLE. At this point my team and I are extremely exhausted.
There is no tenant credit button. If you want to issue tenant credits, you have to enter a negative charge - but the kick is that negative charges do NOT automatically apply.
Overall, this software did not meet our expectations and has been extremely disappointing to us all.

Bailie S.

Assistant Property Manager

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Being Transparent About Yardi Breeze.

Transcript

Bailie S.: Hi, my name is Bailie. I am the assistant manager at Azalea Bay. We have a staff of around...

Michelle D.

Owner

Accounting, self-employed

Yardi Breeze Review: Yardi Breeze Works Great for Accounting

Transcript

Michelle D. : Hi. I'm Michelle. I'm an independent accountant with my own accounting business. I give...

Bailie S.

So glad we switched!

For what I use in Yardi, it works and it works well! I'm happy with what I've come across thus far.

Pros

It truly is very user friendly! The chat bubble on the bottom for customer service has been a LIFESAVER! (Shoutout to the Yardi Breeze CS Team). The response time is extremely fast with their chat center, even if they're unavailable. I love being able to pull future monthly postings as well to determine what the income is going to be for a specific month, and there are multiple ways to double check yourself within reports, which is also very helpful.

Cons

The leasing portion is a bit confusing to me. CRM Queue isn't all that helpful. When I send out an email from Breeze, I do wish that it pulled their responses into Breeze. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to search an apartment number, and be able to see "Past" "Future" "Notice" without having to click on the resident/unit to determine those things. Also, I think that when you're sending mass communication out via email, it does not automatically include people that are on notice, you have to manually click them, even though they're technically still current residents that should still receive whatever email you're trying to send. That's a small inconvenience, however, for what I use Yardi for, it works and it works good.

WM

W Michael N.

Don't Rush to buy Yardi Breeze

On line chat support is usually readily available, but often times they could not address the issue and suggested we send feedback. It became apparent that some of these people are not really very knowledgeable about property management or accounting functions, or exactly how the program works. Very poor staff training. Had I the opportunity to go back in time, I would have stayed with Appfolio. This is our SIXTH PM software over the past 34 years, including RPM, the original YARDI Dos, Yardi for Windows, Promas, Appfolio and now Yardi Breeze. This is the worst, and it is clear was not ready to be brought to market.

Pros

It was about $150 per month less than Appfolio. We are a very small company and It was strictly the cost savings that prompted us to change. Beyond that, truly Appfolio is heads and shoulders over Yardi Breeze.

Cons

Where to begin -- here are just a few things. We were lead to believe that we would be able to pay owner monthly distributions by ACH or E-check. We submitted all the required documentation. When it came time to do our first owner check run, it wasn't happening. We were told we "didn't request this feature, which is nonsense, we did everything as instructed. We had to instead print paper checks, and...

Hi Michael, We realize that it's been a while since you wrote this message, and we've been in contact with your team since then. Your experience references early versions of Breeze. We're happy to report the specific issues you raised have been resolved, and have been for some time. If you would like to see where our software is today, we'd be happy to walk you through it at any time. It is attention to client feedback that has helped make Breeze the platform it is today, with over 2,000 new clients in the last 12 months. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

RC

Robert C.

Expand your business with Yardi Breeze

During this pandemic, going virtual is absolutely essential. We are an essential business and we DID NOT SKIP A BEAT when we went into shelter in place orders. As owner of the property management business I am just incredibly thankful to have finished implementation just 4 months earlier. We really lucked out on the timing.

Pros

The rent collection is most helpful feature. Reports are incredibly easy to send out to owners each month. The accounting system is extremely robust. I was able to get up and running pretty quickly. However I am still learning new features all the time.

Cons

The implementation time was very long, over a year. However, my previous setup was not able to be imported (manual system) so I understand why. Nevertheless, I would not change anything. We are very happy to be in the cloud with Yardi Breeze.

Hi Robert, You were wise to implement online software before it was essential to do so given shelter-in-place orders. And rent collection certainly helps keep the lights on, so I'm glad Breeze has been helpful in that area. We're always here to help explain any features via live chat. Thanks for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

CT

Carol T.

Eagle Summit Properties LLC Yardi Advocacy

I love being able to quickly post all accounting elements. Again, as one gets comfortable with all the functionality, it is so efficient. I also love how being on the cloud, allows one to share the files with CPAs or Lease Administrators etc. I have hardly had to travel to any professional's offices on most accounting issues pertaining my company.

Pros

The Accounting Software for my company has been crucial. There were many parts with which to get acquainted but with the constant assistance of the Chat Widget it was incredibly incremental and learning was continual. It is like anything else one wants to master. Ten thousand dedicated hours will get you to Breeze through Breeze ;-).

Cons

There were a few glitches. I encountered one with the Receivables where I could not see them and had to manually post unable to use the Future Monthly Charges. The team was diligent in solving the issue. It was a bit intimidating to think that the data would be deleted.

Hi Carol, There are so many kinesthetic, "hands-on" learners like you, and we wanted to accommodate everyone's learning style with our videos, Help Center and chat support. I'm happy to hear that our team was able to walk you through the software when necessary. One of the benefits of chat is that we get to hear about little issues quickly and resolve them. Please keep letting us know about your experience and keep enjoying Breeze! Thanks for the great feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

PV

Paul V.

LVPM Review

It is quite a long list, mostly it is about efficiency and reliability which is allowing us to grow and manage the growth without having the usual system problems that go along with that.

Pros

There are three things that stand out, Online Payments with RentCafe is very easy to set up and tenant love it, we have 100% adoption for online payments. The Owner Portal has had much bigger impact that we expected, we several owner who outside the country and in other states, having not a document repository but not having to send tons of emails, the owners can review documents on their schedule and they know where to locate agreements, insurance policies, etc. Lastly, generating monthly could be easier!

Cons

Being a long Yardi Voyager user, not having the ability to export data into Excel for custom reports or special projects is something I would really like to see.

Hi Paul, It's great that you've been a Yardi user for so many years, and that your owners and tenants are all on board with Breeze. Since you have experience with our Voyager platform, you might be interested in exploring Breeze Premier. It's built on the same system as Breeze but includes more advanced features, such as custom reporting, that you might find of interest. Let me know if you'd like a client support expert to show you around Premier with a quick demo. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

SF

Samantha F.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Yardi Breeze with Ease

Pros

I love the simplicity of the program and how user-friendly it is. The integration was also super easy and I was able to set it up with the help of an amazing Yardi team!, [sensitive content hidden], my Heros!!

Cons

I wish I had better access to Rent Cafe. With Voyager I had better access and could help tenants in a much simpler way.

Bob C.

Exhausting and Expensive

Nightmare that we can't wake up from.

Pros

Reports are excellent and the bookkeeping/accounting side have minimal trouble.

Cons

Breeze is everything but a breeze. It has been hands down the most clumsy, clunky system for property management. Everything is a add-on or needs to be enabled. It has been an uphill battle for those that use the software to manage properties. We are nearly one year with this software and can't get tenants from cradle to grave (guest card to move-in) through the system. Want to screen a tenant need...

Hi Bob, I'm sorry that this has been your experience. I've alerted our customer success team who will be looking into why the system isn't functioning as it should for you. If we are unable to find you due to the limited information available in your review, please email me and I will escalate accordingly. In the meantime, thank you for the feedback. I hope our team is able to rectify your concerns. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

LN

Lorri N.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Accounting and user unfriendly

I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan due to illogical and user-unfriendly, albeit, mandatory features. For the most part chat is helpful, but many times, the problem needed to be taken off-line or required a "packet" to correct. Several (extremely important/critical to me) requests that were submitted via feedback and the fixes were deemed unimportant and unnecessary. Lastly, oftentimes, I'm given "fix" that tells me a different location to find the information (not helpful) that does not fix what I'm asking - an option to print g/l information (that appears on the screen) when I print a receipt (the g/l information is omitted).

Pros

Search features that include email field is wonderful.

Cons

Poor accounting and ease of use features (or the integrity of the account features). Inability to print g/l information on a receipt (as it appears on the screen), footprint of prepaid causes omission of (critical) charge date (Case 12477845) and processing RentCafe payments accounted for on the tenant screen, but not on the ledger (two different balance due amounts for the same tenant), inability to see any amount prepaid at any other place besides the cash receipt screen, date driven sensitivity is to high, required use of move-in button that does not allow an edit of all fields (rent and deposit amount).

GP

Gigi P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Yardi as an accounting tool

I have had to learn it on the fly with no instruction. The online training is OK but the folks doing the training are not accountants and don't provide all the answers to basic questions. Yardi has a few"quirks" that are not listed under "help." This requires an online chat - online chat is very good - when someone is there. Leaving a message via chat is useless.

Pros

My favorite feature about YARDI is the check printing feature. No more preprinted checks are required.

Cons

I cannot run reports that are date driven. Financial Statements are only at the end of the month.

JW

Jessica W.

Yardi Breeze Premier is a great starting point

I'm personally on the financial side of the company but have many years in Operations as well. Breeze has been perfect for our growing company. We have been able to efficiently run reports and maintain our properties on a daily basis. Our teams were able to learn the software easily as well.

Pros

Most of us at the company had previously used Yardi Voyager. As our company is still growing, Yardi Breeze Premier was a great point for us to start. There are many similarities to Voyager, so it was very easy to pick up. It had been some time since I had set up a property, but it was extremely easy in Breeze. The Help Center is amazing and videos are extremely helpful as well. Highly recommend!

Cons

There are some items that are not a part of Yardi Breeze that are in Voyager. This did not hinder us from being to complete what we needed, just added a few extra steps. Overall though the cons are extremely minimal.

Hi Jessica, Thanks for your feedback, and thank you for providing so much detail! That's amazing. Please keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

LH

Lynn H.

Used monthly for 2+ years

They lie to you just like every other software company

It was awful! The one good thing I can say is my trainer was always there for me even when the time was out she did not charge me once - because she even knew how difficult the software was!You are always receiving calls and emails from them - a different account manager every time, trying to sell you something! You can tell them to stop contacting you - but they don't listen!

Pros

Nothing! There is nothing that I like about your product! It was garbage compared to AppFolio!

Cons

When I purchased this software coming from Appfolio, I was told to was very similar and developed by people who left Appfolio. That was a lie! It is nothing like it! It difficult to learn and it really should not be!I was told that all I had to do was give 30 notice at anytime! The sole purpose of why I chose them and when it came time to leave because I sold my rentals - it was a choice of paying until July or buying out the contract - The contract I was told I did not have! Just like Appfolio! The one thing I can say - is at least the software was user friendly! You ever developed this does not own RENTALS or even have working knowledge of managing them!

LA

Lydia A.

Getting Set Up with Yardi Breeze

Again, we are in set up, but everything has been very smooth so far. I really appreciate the helpful customer service.

Pros

We are still in the set up phase, however there are several positives I can already share about Yardi. The price is excellent - middle of the road or lower compared to other, similar software. The customer service has also been top notch. It is very clear that Yardi values and listens to customer input. So far, set up has been relatively easy. The help center is a fantastic resource.

Cons

So far, I have not had any major issues. I'm sure we will learn as we go, though.

MR

Michelle R.

A Breath of Fresh Air

The online support chat team is fantastic. They are always happy to share screen and trouble shoot.

Pros

I love the vacancy rate alongside the Open AR widgets right on the dashboard. I also look forward to using resident screening.

Cons

We feel Breeze is a bit restrictive compared to Genesis as far as being able to customize and use how we like. Some fail safes are good, but we are still learning to embrace the change. I am confident that in the end, the growing pains will be well worth the effort.

MP

Mary P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Could be so much better, but it's not

Frustrating. Some fixes can be easy yet they don't get done. We came from Yardi so easier to stay but frustrating on a daily basis. If I could find another program I would change.

Pros

The fact that we had Yardi before and our data came over. The fact that it's web based and we can access anywhere.

Cons

There are so many things!!! If you go to a Tenant's ledger you cannot easily send them email. If you paid a check and want to change the notes you can't. Hard to enter Tenant's addresses. The program goes down an awful lot, it's down as we speak and was having issus for the last 2 days. If you have a payable to one vendor and it's from 3 properties and you pay 2 out of 3 you cannot pay the last...

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

User friendly but missing many basic features

Frustrating to say the least. Especially I just spent 2 hours to get ahold.

Pros

It is easy to use, which is great since the on boarding process does go into detail how to use the system. You teach yourself by watching video. E-payment works as excepted,

Cons

We came from Yardi Gensis- the software was from 1996 i believe and had all the basic features listed below are some that a system from 1996 had that breeze does not. Reports- You cannot pull a report with all your tenant information, in order to export all my tenants information , Unit reports- There is not a report that you can see the unit type along with the unit AdHoc reports- Breeze added...

CF

Chantel F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

I comp'd the rest, but Yardi was the best

The team at Yardi has been incredible and that was mostly why I chose this property management software. When I first began this journey of exploring my options, I was overwhelmed by the many companies out there. I literally contacted over 10 companies. The customer service and help teams at Yardi have been amazing with their time, follow up and assistance. My impression of Yardi Breeze and recommendations...

Pros

Yardi provides easy to follow tutorials, a few weeks of personal one-on-one assistance for setup help and continuous followup calls and touchpoints to ensure there are no issues.

Cons

Some information should be provided in a one pager FAQ, so as not to keep using Help or Chat for things that are typical trouble shooting issues during initial setup. Also, I have had an issue with a report for months and no one can seem to figure out why. I have attempted to contact 4 people at Yardi for this matter.

DM

Deborah M.

Yardi Breeze By DLM

Overall breeze is very effective and efficient. It has been a great help getting all the information in the same place and in real time.

Pros

Yardi breeze is web-based and user friendly. This is the best thing to be able to access our information from anywhere.

Cons

Coming from Voyager, it seems some of the very usable features were lost. For example, the copy feature is not as user friendly as it is in voyager. It seem there are many limitations in Breeze,

Thanks for your feedback Deborah! We're happy to hear you're getting everything you need.

DW

Derek W.

Stay away from Yardi.

One of the worst experiences I have every had with any company. We had onboarding specialist who would not help. After telling our salesman we wanted someone else multiple times they still insisted on this person being on our calls. We never got our site up and running. Many things were told to us that never happened. It took days to get tech support to help fix any issues we had. They were very rude to talk to. When I called to ask my salesman to let me know if our contract had expired. He cussed the company and apologized. Most unprofessional call I have ever been on. This was the longest 2-3 years of my life. Glad we finally left.

Pros

It is a very powerful software that requires multiple full time people to keep the system running.

Cons

Too confusing to use. It is so complex and complicated that it is hard to figure out what all is going on. You have to make sure all the property info is correct or it will mess everything up. We had many units not get billed because the tenant went month to month, so the system quit billing. We had to go though all of our units and change the billing data to 2099. This is one of the many issues we had.

Derek, we are very sorry that you had a poor experience. Even though you've already left, we'll investigate this issue internally as this is not up to our customer service standards.

EL

Erica L.

A Nightmare Thus Far

My company had the worst experience onboarding our properties to Yardi and getting everything up and running. Our Yardi support staff might as well have been nonexistent during this onboarding process. After onboarding, we found issue after issue with many aspects of the software. Just the other day, the system was down for a whole DAY for most of our staff. Auto charges are not automated. Once an...

Pros

The live training webinars are informative and helpful. The layout is pleasing to the eye.

Cons

There are a LOT of bugs that need to be fixed. Customer service is poor.

Hi Erica, Thank you for your feedback. You laid out a number of issues that deserve attention, so I have reached out to our support team to make sure you get the help you need to make sure the program is set up and working properly. We'll do everything we can to make this right by you. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Blake S.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Blake Smith Yardi Breeze Review

Overall, our experience with Breeze has been pleasant. It makes our accounting processes smoother, while also allowing tools to integrate for our equity partners to use.

Pros

The visual aesthetics add ease of use. When onboarding interns or other associates, Breeze's use is easily picked up.

Cons

Some items are difficult to find. Luckily, the help tool is very user friendly.

CM

Colleen M.

Great software

Pros

I started with Yardi Breeze with two properties under management. I have been growing over the past year and a half and I am glad to have started with Breeze. The software has been easy to accommodate the new addition of properties and growth. The new features added are always a welcome addition. I run a paperless company and Breeze makes it all possible.

Cons

Like any new property manager learning a software, there was a learning curve on the accounting side. With time it has become easier to understand.

Hi Colleen, Congratulations on your portfolio growth and for running a paperless company! Breeze is meant to help those in expansion mode grow quickly and easily, so I'm glad it's doing just that for you. I hope our Help Center resources and chat support shortened the accounting learning curve for you. If there's anything else we can do, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

BC

Brian C.

Review |feedback

Overall it has been a good program

Pros

The ability to be flexible with managing residential and commercial property management

Cons

The tenant portal could be more user friendly and to have people ready to chat live during the week instead of via email

RP

Randall P.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Software for Smaller Firms

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been great. I've been a Yardi user for over five years and, while coming from Voyager to Breeze felt odd at first the functionality is still very much the same, and the platform is very user friendly.

Pros

Yardi Breeze allows me to easily track my tenants rent payments, delinquencies and maintenance requests easily from my home screen. I am notified each time a payment or maintenance request is made, and am able to track and delegate easily and quickly. Also, it gives a good basis for financial reporting for my clients and the ease of chatting with a Yardi associate to answer any questions I may have is invaluable.

Cons

There are some basic formatting functions I wish were available in the Breeze basic function that are available in Breeze Premier. Outside of that, Breeze is great for a small company like mine.

HF

Hollie F.

Love this Software

It has been great. I am a 20+ year Yardi customer and I try to move everyone to this product.

Pros

I used Yardi voyager for years and this is a slimmed down version that is more affordable. All the bells and whistles are still there.

Cons

the inability to complete credit card reconciliations, similar to the bank recs needs to get added to this software.

Jaime T.

Yardi Breeze Premier is mostly functional

Basic functions in Breeze all work but when you start implementing the extended features that are advertised the system starts to show inadequate QA. Several features are incomplete and while are client facing, do not work such as online applications, BC Proof of Service, Tenant Lease Signing and putting Tenant status to Notice while Month to Month. With the lack of API means that many tasks that should be automated end up being manual and takes up staff time that could better be deployed. On a daily work flow Yardi Breeze does provide fairly robust features and some that are excellent. At the time of our procurement it was the best solution available on the market.

Pros

Fairly intuitive interface Robust Accounting Component Integrates a wide breadth of functions and features into a single platform Good Chat support

Cons

Multiple features deployed non functional Some work flow processes are counter intuitive No API to integrate third party data Inconsistent UI components in some areas