Yardi Breeze Reviews

Adam M.

Cadie M.

Carol T.

Cons

There is no tenant credit button. If you want to issue tenant credits, you have to enter a negative charge - but the kick is that negative charges do NOT automatically apply.

Lisa P.

Lisa P.

3.9

LVPM Review

It is quite a long list, mostly it is about efficiency and reliability which is allowing us to grow and manage the growth without having the usual system problems that go along with that.

Pros

There are three things that stand out, Online Payments with RentCafe is very easy to set up and tenant love it, we have 100% adoption for online payments. The Owner Portal has had much bigger impact that we expected, we several owner who outside the country and in other states, having not a document repository but not having to send tons of emails, the owners can review documents on their schedule and they know where to locate agreements, insurance policies, etc. Lastly, generating monthly could be easier!

Cons

Being a long Yardi Voyager user, not having the ability to export data into Excel for custom reports or special projects is something I would really like to see.

Hi Paul, It's great that you've been a Yardi user for so many years, and that your owners and tenants are all on board with Breeze. Since you have experience with our Voyager platform, you might be interested in exploring Breeze Premier. It's built on the same system as Breeze but includes more advanced features, such as custom reporting, that you might find of interest. Let me know if you'd like a client support expert to show you around Premier with a quick demo. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Yardi Breeze

As an accountant, my overall experience has been pretty uneven. When I'm trying to make a journal entry or reconcile a bank account, I find myself wishing my client was using QuickBooks. But when I'm recording an inter-entity transaction or looking at CAM charges, I'm grateful for Yardi. I just hope there is a unit within Yardi that's focused on developing the accounting side of the Breeze software, because overall it really is not up to par with respect to the rest of the industry.

Pros

Easy to list properties online for potential residents to find. Easy to set up online payment for residents. Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.

Cons

The accounting side of the software is pretty weak and clunky compared to competitors. There's no way to set up bank feeds, so cash reconciliations are 100% manual. The way banks are paired with GL accounts is convoluted and difficult to set up and understand. You can attach documents to payables and receivables (great!) but not to general journal entries (why not?). There is no way to customize basic...

Hi Adam, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comprehensive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy Breeze's marketing, leasing and property management functionality, as well as our customer support. In the meantime, we're constantly making improvements to our platform. That's one reason we came out with Breeze Premier earlier this year. We'll follow up with you directly, but in short,...

User friendly but missing some functionality

Pros

That it is user friendly and that there is customer service readily available on the screen.

Cons

That there is some functionality missing. There were several features with Yardi Genesis 2 that are no longer an option.

Hi Tiffany, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ease of use and speedy customer service were key goals when we set out to develop Breeze, so I'm happy that has been your experience. I understand that Genesis was a very popular platform, and we acknowledge that Breeze is a bit different. If you'd like, I can have a client service expert reach out to show you Breeze Premier, a software upgrade to Breeze that may include those features you're referring to. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

User Friendly Software for Property Management Needs

Pros

It is genuinely the most user-friendly software I've used. Almost everything is self-explanatory and if you not, the help section will easily guide you. Plus the chat feature is a lifesaver in getting an issue resolved quickly.

Cons

There are some features that could be added, like the ability to add photos to a maintenance request, more specific reports on insurance, more customizable reports in general.

Hi Cadie, I am genuinely pleased to hear you find Breeze to be user-friendly and self-explanatory! One thing I want to mention is that Breeze does allow you to add photos to maintenance requests. I can have a client support expert reach out to show you how. In the meantime, there are articles in the Help Center that cover maintenance requests or you can use the live chat function to get more information. We're glad to have you as a Yardi client! Thanks for the feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Expand your business with Yardi Breeze

During this pandemic, going virtual is absolutely essential. We are an essential business and we DID NOT SKIP A BEAT when we went into shelter in place orders. As owner of the property management business I am just incredibly thankful to have finished implementation just 4 months earlier. We really lucked out on the timing.

Pros

The rent collection is most helpful feature. Reports are incredibly easy to send out to owners each month. The accounting system is extremely robust. I was able to get up and running pretty quickly. However I am still learning new features all the time.

Cons

The implementation time was very long, over a year. However, my previous setup was not able to be imported (manual system) so I understand why. Nevertheless, I would not change anything. We are very happy to be in the cloud with Yardi Breeze.

Hi Robert, You were wise to implement online software before it was essential to do so given shelter-in-place orders. And rent collection certainly helps keep the lights on, so I'm glad Breeze has been helpful in that area. We're always here to help explain any features via live chat. Thanks for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Great Software!

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

Pros

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

Cons

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Hi Erica, Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Eagle Summit Properties LLC Yardi Advocacy

I love being able to quickly post all accounting elements. Again, as one gets comfortable with all the functionality, it is so efficient. I also love how being on the cloud, allows one to share the files with CPAs or Lease Administrators etc. I have hardly had to travel to any professional's offices on most accounting issues pertaining my company.

Pros

The Accounting Software for my company has been crucial. There were many parts with which to get acquainted but with the constant assistance of the Chat Widget it was incredibly incremental and learning was continual. It is like anything else one wants to master. Ten thousand dedicated hours will get you to Breeze through Breeze ;-).

Cons

There were a few glitches. I encountered one with the Receivables where I could not see them and had to manually post unable to use the Future Monthly Charges. The team was diligent in solving the issue. It was a bit intimidating to think that the data would be deleted.

Hi Carol, There are so many kinesthetic, "hands-on" learners like you, and we wanted to accommodate everyone's learning style with our videos, Help Center and chat support. I'm happy to hear that our team was able to walk you through the software when necessary. One of the benefits of chat is that we get to hear about little issues quickly and resolve them. Please keep letting us know about your experience and keep enjoying Breeze! Thanks for the great feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Inefficient and Exhausting

The overall experience since day 1 of using this product has been ABSOULTELY TERRIBLE. At this point my team and I are extremely exhausted. We were very hopeful when signing that this would automate some tasks and make the multi-family side of our business much easier to maintain. However, it has been the complete opposite. Processes that were simple in previous software have become much more time consuming and inefficient. I truly believe this is an immature software and should not have been released to the public yet. Steer clear, people. Go with something else.

Pros

Breeze seems to have a nice "look" and is more user friendly to navigate. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens.

Cons

The accounting on this software is not efficient. We've ran into so many issues and nobody seems to have an answer for basic features that this software is lacking. During the sales process, we were ensured this was THE BEST software on the market for Multi-Family managers. However, Breeze does not even allow owner draws to be sent Via EFT over $25,000. We have multiple multi-family properties whose...

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your feedback. With the capabilities your business seems to require, perhaps the more advanced Breeze Premier would have been the better solution. I'm going to check in with our sales and services teams to see if we can find a solution to the challenges you outlined. We will do everything in our power to make this right. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

All-In-One Leasing Solution for Apartment Management

Overall, our team loved using Yardi. It was the software we used from when we first opened and helped us lease the entire community within the span of 12-14 months. Besides the few cons listed above, the pros definitely outweighs it. I'd suggest giving Yardi a shot if you've never used it before.

Pros

Our team loved using Yardi for our lease up which was about 250 units in total. I loved how user-friendly and easy it was when it came to adding in new prospect information and also sending out marketing information to them via the software. It doesn't take very long and saved me a ton of time when it came to outbound marketing. I also loved how it typically doesn't lag out on me when I'm pulling up current and past resident information. I've worked at a property before where residents would get upset, because I wasn't able to provide them with the information they needed fast enough as the system we had would freeze all the time.

Cons

There are quite a few pop-up notifications that can occur and can be irritating at times when entering in new information. I wish there was a way to disable them or pick which notifications I'd like to pop up. There are certain fields that need to be filled in that are sometimes unnecessary. This can also slow down productivity when trying to provide prospects with the best service possible.

Complicated but the customer service is top notch.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic! They go above and beyond to help.

Cons

The program just was not easy to use. Perhaps my company is too small, but I have the need for all the program could do and figuring the program out was extremely difficult.

Hi Anthony, I'm glad that you found our customer service to be a major plus during your time with us. I checked our records and saw your client decided to sell her portfolio. If you find yourself again in need of property management software, we hope you consider Breeze or Breeze Premier. We continue to add training videos and live courses to assist new users in learning the software. And, as you said, we have a fantastic client support team ready to help. We'll be here! Thanks for your feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Yardi Breeze

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

Pros

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

Cons

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Hi Patrice, I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Almost Greatness

Customer service is stellar and helps you thru most problems. Our big complaint is that it was launched thinking about the layman, but it was built from the mindset of an accountant, which defeats the purpose.

Pros

Ease of implementation Customer Service accessibility Cloud system Value Blank Check Writing Custom email/letter forms

Cons

Marketed and launched as a "breeze" but designed to cater to bookkeeper/accounting minded users It was also created originally as a residential platform, but they've improved on that greatly and it works fairly well with commercial. Some tasks could be made to a simpler process but can be quite tricky getting the books to work correctly. Monthly Bank Reconciliation needs a major improvement.

Hi Mark, I'm glad to hear our customer services is everything it should be. I know accounting can be a little tricky to learn and navigate at first, especially because we have to balance sophisticated accounting procedures with the desire to produce an easy-to-use interface, and sometimes the nature of the beast is that if we oversimplify, you lose vital functionality. That said, we'd love...

Great for keeping track of tenant receiveables and important lease dates

It's been a good product property management wise - what we had been lacking - but it falls short accounting wise. I wish there was a way to set security protocols for certain users to edit transaction in prior "closed" months. We are one owner and don't have to report to multiple clients - so editing past transactions to have clean books is a must. Reclassifying is a total pain.

Pros

Keeping track of lease dates, tenant receivables, security deposits, etc.

Cons

I really wish this was as easy to use accounting wise as QuickBooks. It really lacks a lot as far as editing transactions, playing bills from multiple accounts, etc. We are one owner with multiple properties and entities - we trade monies back and forth and find it very hard to do with Breeze alone - so many journal entries. We have to post to QB at the end of each month to keep correct records.

Hi Linda, I'm glad to hear that Breeze's property management system is working well for you. I also appreciate your feedback on accounting. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a client service expert to weigh in on some of your ideas. After learning more about your experience and areas of concern, we may be able to troubleshoot a few items quickly, or else introduce you to Breeze Premier, which has additional accounting functionality that may be of use to you. Thanks again for your thoughtful response. We'll be in touch soon! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Yardi user since the DOS version!`

Overall we are more satisfied than disappointed with the product. I do believe that they are trying to "evolve" as time goes by with users "suggestions". It is my hope that the software engineers are "listening" :o)

Pros

Love the web based options. Owner EFT distributions, email and "owner portal" reporting, tenant statements with the ability to email. This program is functionally similar to Yardi Professional which we used for over 20 years. It was tough to make the switch due to the fact that YP was a workhorse, but having all of the web capabilities to bring us into the "21st Century" was a GREAT move! Especially with the current COVID-19 crisis - we were able to have some of our employees work from home! If we "had" to, we would have been able to totally function remotely.

Cons

I don't like the time it takes for the EFT's to hit our owner's accounts (5 banking days). I also do not like the fact that the company Logo and company information are not provided on the cover page of the monthly report packages. I have made several comments about this (I've had owner "complaints" as there is no contact information on the package for when they supply them to their tax professionals - this is "not" a professional look for our company). Not being able to "toggle" between different screens (which we could do in a very "old" program was a surprise to us!).

Hi Pamela, It's incredible that you've been with us since the beginning. You could probably teach a class on Yardi property management software by now! Also, that's wonderful news about your team using Breeze remotely without a hitch. It's so important to be able to do that right now. We will certainly pass your other notes along to our development team. Your suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Excellent product

Excellent, we were an early adopter so we encountered some bumps in the road but the responsiveness of the Yardi staff was excellent.

Pros

Software is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer service online chat feature is outstanding. The accounting processes are very strong.

Cons

We have had several complaints with the software over the past two years and have used their feedback feature which has resulted in updates to the software that have resolved 90% of our concerns. Probably the most cumbersome and least functional part of the program for us is the bank reconciliation feature.

Hi Jeffrey, Customer service is a cornerstone of our company mission, so I'm very glad to hear that we've been responsive and able to help. Please don't hesistate to reach out with any troubleshooting issues, big or small. We'd love to talk to you more about bank reconciliations to see what we can do to make that a seamless process going forward. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

One stop Software that's simple to use!

Pros

The ability to have a corporate website that integrates with this software allows us to update our available units for advertising in one place. It also allows us to also easily collect and retain prospect information in one place. The chat feature is great to contact support when required.

Cons

The feature I am missing most in this software is the ability to pay vendors through the online payments option. It would also be great is this version of Yardi had the ability to be compatible with The Lift System for additional advertising requirements.

Hi Danielle, It's great to hear that Breeze is helping you manage your marketing and leasing activities in one place. I'm also glad you mentioned the need for vendor payment options. We have new vendor management tools available with Breeze Premier, which is built on the same platform as Breeze. I'll have a colleague reach out to show you what it can do. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

It’s a Breeze!

Overall, Breeze has made managing the rental properties a lot easier. I can easily manage accounts receivable and payable, vendors, work orders, and vacancies.

Pros

Breeze is very user friendly and because it is web based, I can use it on any computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Cons

My company’s accountant uses QuickBooks for everything; so it would be easier to export the reports into QuickBook compatible files.

Hi Danielle, I'm thrilled to hear that Breeze is working out so well for you. It sounds like you're still working out your accounting integration, and there are some things we can show you to make that easier. A client service expert will be in touch soon. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Great software

Pros

I started with Yardi Breeze with two properties under management. I have been growing over the past year and a half and I am glad to have started with Breeze. The software has been easy to accommodate the new addition of properties and growth. The new features added are always a welcome addition. I run a paperless company and Breeze makes it all possible.

Cons

Like any new property manager learning a software, there was a learning curve on the accounting side. With time it has become easier to understand.

Hi Colleen, Congratulations on your portfolio growth and for running a paperless company! Breeze is meant to help those in expansion mode grow quickly and easily, so I'm glad it's doing just that for you. I hope our Help Center resources and chat support shortened the accounting learning curve for you. If there's anything else we can do, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Absolutely love the software!

I was in the midst of adding commercial units into my portfolio, which is what brought me to Yardi Breeze. My overall experience was good.

Pros

As an owner with a portfolio of multi-family and single family units, there are a ton of features I like about this software. If i had to single out a few that were most important to me, I have to call out the ease of use, online support and customization. The system flows quite well going from function to function and is easy on the eyes. After a few hours in it, I was able to navigate fairly easy....

Cons

I am one that will always run into something I do not like about a software because I am picky, however, there is nothing I dislike about the software.

Breeze is a Breeze!

The system is really very simple. Once you learn some of the system glitches, the work arounds are simple. The customer service to support the product make up for some of the system deficiencies. If you are an expert accountant the system will bother you. If you are trying to capture owner, renter, property, receivables, payables, etc. data this is a great product. Do not ask it to think for you. The help button in the system is not useful.

Pros

Ease of use. The input fields are simple and easy to understand.

Cons

Some detail features are absent. If I have to delete payables it is not an simple one step process.

Hi Peter, I'm glad you're having a positive experience with Breeze! The system is made to be easy-to-use and powerful enough for users of all experience levels, so I appreciate you bringing some of these small details to our attention. I'd like to learn more about the glitches you mentioned and have a client support expert weigh in. Thanks again for your feedback, and we'll be in touch soon! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Heartburn inducing - go with something else

We are one of the larger residential pm companies in St. Louis and decided to enter the multi family realm. We use property ware for our single fans.and will continue to do so. I dont complain and I never write reviews but my team and I are defeated by this mess. The main driver for choosing yardi breeze was for the marketing/rent cafe/website element. So far, that seems to be the only redeeming...

Pros

It looks nice and is fairly intuitive to navigate.

Cons

Accounting is always glitchy. Doesn't autocharge as programmed Doesn't apply late fees as programmed The calendar feature doesn't sync with outlook/gmail Customer service doesn't answer any questions The staff.dowsnt seem like they are well trained, at all. Even the management. Overall,.the software seems like it was rushed to market Takes forever to get any answers on anything or have problems rectified Just a horrible experience

Hi Seth, I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good onboarding experience. That is not the experience that other clients have had or the standard to which we hold ourselves, so we'll certainly look into and learn from what happened. I'm glad that you now have a customer support expert who is performing to your expectations, but all of your software questions deserve thoughtful answers and clear solutions delivered in a timely manner. I am confident that we can help you through the marketing, calendar and accounting issues as you've described them. A Yardi executive will be reaching out shortly. Thank you for your feedback. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Don't Rush to buy Yardi Breeze

On line chat support is usually readily available, but often times they could not address the issue and suggested we send feedback. It became apparent that some of these people are not really very knowledgeable about property management or accounting functions, or exactly how the program works. Very poor staff training. Had I the opportunity to go back in time, I would have stayed with Appfolio. This is our SIXTH PM software over the past 34 years, including RPM, the original YARDI Dos, Yardi for Windows, Promas, Appfolio and now Yardi Breeze. This is the worst, and it is clear was not ready to be brought to market.

Pros

It was about $150 per month less than Appfolio. We are a very small company and It was strictly the cost savings that prompted us to change. Beyond that, truly Appfolio is heads and shoulders over Yardi Breeze.

Cons

Where to begin -- here are just a few things. We were lead to believe that we would be able to pay owner monthly distributions by ACH or E-check. We submitted all the required documentation. When it came time to do our first owner check run, it wasn't happening. We were told we "didn't request this feature, which is nonsense, we did everything as instructed. We had to instead print paper checks, and...

Hi Michael, We realize that it's been a while since you wrote this message, and we've been in contact with your team since then. Your experience references early versions of Breeze. We're happy to report the specific issues you raised have been resolved, and have been for some time. If you would like to see where our software is today, we'd be happy to walk you through it at any time. It is attention to client feedback that has helped make Breeze the platform it is today, with over 2,000 new clients in the last 12 months. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Yardi Breeze

I have enjoyed using Yardi Breeze in comparison to other products I have used.

Pros

Functionality is easy. Easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

Not all capabilities are currently being utilized by the employer.

Hi Wendy, I'm happy to hear that you find Breeze easy to use and navigate and that making the switch to Yardi Breeze was a good experience for you! As far as the capabilities not being used by your employer, perhaps we can help. If you could, please tell me a little more about what features you think you should be using, and we'll set you up with a client support expert who can help. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Yardi Breeze is a Breeze!!!

I absolutely love it and would recommend this software a 100X over to anyone.

Pros

Ease of use and understanding, of the software, reporting, customer service, online help and chat

Cons

Rent Cafe is more difficult to adapt to for me. My portfolio is more commercial real estate and Cafe is more geared toward residential properties.

Hi Joseph, I'm happy to hear you're loving Breeze and finding it so easy to use. Your excitement means a lot to us. For the first part of 2020 we have been hard at work adding more functionality to Breeze and Breeze Premier and there is still more to come. You may be interested to know that CommercialCafe will be available soon as an add-on for Breeze Premier. Please let us know if you would like a client support expert to show you around the new features. Thanks again for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

easy to use out of the box

My company was part of the beta testing and we found the support staff to be excellent. Since the roll out of the program I have seen no issues and since. System is easy to use right out of the box with little input needed.

Pros

System is almost ready to use right out of the box. Work flow is very intuitive

Cons

only 2 items i feel the program is missing. - While doing AP would like to see a box for total check amount that will balance out the the line item totals - when taking over a new property there is not quick entry system that will acknowledge the security deposit.

Hi Allan, Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad Breeze is enhancing your business. I'll make sure our support team hears that they did a great job getting you set up. I'll pass your comment about AP to our development team, as we continue to look into new ways to make the program even better. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com