Yardi Breeze Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.12/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The integration with your bank account for EFT payments is great. The ability to manage your documents - leases and attach to a tenant is great.
Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.
Software is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer service online chat feature is outstanding.
There is no tenant credit button. If you want to issue tenant credits, you have to enter a negative charge - but the kick is that negative charges do NOT automatically apply.

BW

Brandon W.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Great product with a streamlined approach

The overall experience has been positive and they are a valued partner in accounting services.

Pros

A great addition to the Yardi lineup for Small to mid-sized real estate clients. Great implementation group and excellent customer service. Highly recommend this product to our clients.

Cons

Some features can go too far in-depth for some clients, but overall the best structure in an accounting program on the market.

Hi Brandon, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

CD

Christian D.

Family Office Yardi

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and workflow that the software creates. It helps keep everything organized. It also provides a great landing place for Tenants to submit work orders, see their payables and make payments.

Cons

Minor con, I wish there was a dedicated app for the software. They say that the mobile web interface is all that is needed, but when texting through the software it would be nice to have a dedicated portal.

LP

Lisa P.

Inefficient and Exhausting

The overall experience since day 1 of using this product has been ABSOULTELY TERRIBLE. At this point my team and I are extremely exhausted. We were very hopeful when signing that this would automate some tasks and make the multi-family side of our business much easier to maintain. However, it has been the complete opposite. Processes that were simple in previous software have become much more time consuming and inefficient. I truly believe this is an immature software and should not have been released to the public yet. Steer clear, people. Go with something else.

Pros

Breeze seems to have a nice "look" and is more user friendly to navigate. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens.

Cons

The accounting on this software is not efficient. We've ran into so many issues and nobody seems to have an answer for basic features that this software is lacking. During the sales process, we were ensured this was THE BEST software on the market for Multi-Family managers. However, Breeze does not even allow owner draws to be sent Via EFT over $25,000. We have multiple multi-family properties whose...

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your feedback. With the capabilities your business seems to require, perhaps the more advanced Breeze Premier would have been the better solution. I'm going to check in with our sales and services teams to see if we can find a solution to the challenges you outlined. We will do everything in our power to make this right. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

MK

Mitchell K.

Great Prdocut

Very good experience, I would recommend this software to anybody.

Pros

Its easy to use and teach other employees on.

Cons

The turn around time for setting up bank accounts. It took almost 2 months.

SS

Sarah S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Love the all inclusive product

I like the product itself a lot and for the most part it's fairly intuitive. The help guides are actually helpful for most categories. The customer support is the weakest area as they never seem to be online and can take days to return my messages.

Pros

I like having all my properties in the same accounting system. It's so much easier when tenants call in for me to figure out what property they are with now.

Cons

I didn't like the implementation process. It was a hard slog to get through but now that I'm up and running with the product I'm enjoying it.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

MC

Mark C.

Almost Greatness

Customer service is stellar and helps you thru most problems. Our big complaint is that it was launched thinking about the layman, but it was built from the mindset of an accountant, which defeats the purpose.

Pros

Ease of implementation Customer Service accessibility Cloud system Value Blank Check Writing Custom email/letter forms

Cons

Marketed and launched as a "breeze" but designed to cater to bookkeeper/accounting minded users It was also created originally as a residential platform, but they've improved on that greatly and it works fairly well with commercial. Some tasks could be made to a simpler process but can be quite tricky getting the books to work correctly. Monthly Bank Reconciliation needs a major improvement.

Hi Mark, I'm glad to hear our customer services is everything it should be. I know accounting can be a little tricky to learn and navigate at first, especially because we have to balance sophisticated accounting procedures with the desire to produce an easy-to-use interface, and sometimes the nature of the beast is that if we oversimplify, you lose vital functionality. That said, we'd love...

DM

Deborah M.

Yardi Breeze By DLM

Overall breeze is very effective and efficient. It has been a great help getting all the information in the same place and in real time.

Pros

Yardi breeze is web-based and user friendly. This is the best thing to be able to access our information from anywhere.

Cons

Coming from Voyager, it seems some of the very usable features were lost. For example, the copy feature is not as user friendly as it is in voyager. It seem there are many limitations in Breeze,

Thanks for your feedback Deborah! We're happy to hear you're getting everything you need.

Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

All-In-One Leasing Solution for Apartment Management

Overall, our team loved using Yardi. It was the software we used from when we first opened and helped us lease the entire community within the span of 12-14 months. Besides the few cons listed above, the pros definitely outweighs it. I'd suggest giving Yardi a shot if you've never used it before.

Pros

Our team loved using Yardi for our lease up which was about 250 units in total. I loved how user-friendly and easy it was when it came to adding in new prospect information and also sending out marketing information to them via the software. It doesn't take very long and saved me a ton of time when it came to outbound marketing. I also loved how it typically doesn't lag out on me when I'm pulling up current and past resident information. I've worked at a property before where residents would get upset, because I wasn't able to provide them with the information they needed fast enough as the system we had would freeze all the time.

Cons

There are quite a few pop-up notifications that can occur and can be irritating at times when entering in new information. I wish there was a way to disable them or pick which notifications I'd like to pop up. There are certain fields that need to be filled in that are sometimes unnecessary. This can also slow down productivity when trying to provide prospects with the best service possible.

PH

Pamela H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Yardi user since the DOS version!`

Overall we are more satisfied than disappointed with the product. I do believe that they are trying to "evolve" as time goes by with users "suggestions". It is my hope that the software engineers are "listening" :o)

Pros

Love the web based options. Owner EFT distributions, email and "owner portal" reporting, tenant statements with the ability to email. This program is functionally similar to Yardi Professional which we used for over 20 years. It was tough to make the switch due to the fact that YP was a workhorse, but having all of the web capabilities to bring us into the "21st Century" was a GREAT move! Especially with the current COVID-19 crisis - we were able to have some of our employees work from home! If we "had" to, we would have been able to totally function remotely.

Cons

I don't like the time it takes for the EFT's to hit our owner's accounts (5 banking days). I also do not like the fact that the company Logo and company information are not provided on the cover page of the monthly report packages. I have made several comments about this (I've had owner "complaints" as there is no contact information on the package for when they supply them to their tax professionals - this is "not" a professional look for our company). Not being able to "toggle" between different screens (which we could do in a very "old" program was a surprise to us!).

Hi Pamela, It's incredible that you've been with us since the beginning. You could probably teach a class on Yardi property management software by now! Also, that's wonderful news about your team using Breeze remotely without a hitch. It's so important to be able to do that right now. We will certainly pass your other notes along to our development team. Your suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

MB

Marcia B.

They're awesome when Live Chat is available

Their suggestions feature that goes to programming is questionable. . . I haven't seen any changes that I've suggested actually go through. They still haven't fixed the HUD recertifications security deposit problems. That's a huge concern.

Pros

Live chat - when they are available they are amazing for the most part. I have only had one or two bad experiences with an employee who wasn't familiar with the issues I was dealing with.

Cons

There are glitches, and user errors that I can't always take care of without live chat help. They're not always available when I need them.

JL

Jocelyn L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Breeze is so much easier to navigate

The staff are all very friendly and helpful and know the system really well. They know the answers to questions almost all the time or will find the answer and get back to me.

Pros

We converted from Gen2 version to Breeze and it's so much easier to use. Navigating the software is user-friendly and makes sense. It's so easy to scan rent payments on my phone for deposit and much quicker. Love that I can attach invoices to my payables so it's easy to look up later.

Cons

The chat feature on the system isn't actually available very often. Most the times when I click on it, it say it's unavailable and then you have to email. It usually takes a day to get an answer back via email.

Hi Jocelyn, It's great to hear the Gen2 to Breeze upgrade went exactly as planned. We have been switching users over for exactly the reasons you state. The live chat service should be available during most working hours, but in the event that it's not, your question will go to email. I'm not sure if it's just bad timing that you're getting the chat less frequently, but we are actively growing our support team to better accommodate everyone who needs assistance. Thanks for your feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

NS

Nicole S.

Good Software in general

Pros

The software is easy to use and direct to the point. It includes all main reports needed to run a property management company

Cons

The auto charge of property management fees on the P&L would be something cool to have as an option to make it easier when getting P&Ls out at the end of the month.

Hi Nicole, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

PC

Peter C.

Breeze is a Breeze!

The system is really very simple. Once you learn some of the system glitches, the work arounds are simple. The customer service to support the product make up for some of the system deficiencies. If you are an expert accountant the system will bother you. If you are trying to capture owner, renter, property, receivables, payables, etc. data this is a great product. Do not ask it to think for you. The help button in the system is not useful.

Pros

Ease of use. The input fields are simple and easy to understand.

Cons

Some detail features are absent. If I have to delete payables it is not an simple one step process.

Hi Peter, I'm glad you're having a positive experience with Breeze! The system is made to be easy-to-use and powerful enough for users of all experience levels, so I appreciate you bringing some of these small details to our attention. I'd like to learn more about the glitches you mentioned and have a client support expert weigh in. Thanks again for your feedback, and we'll be in touch soon! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

CE

Cindy E.

Yardi Breeze Premier

I have used Yardi software for over 20 years, probably have had 4-5 different versions and have always been very satisfied. I have looked at other management software and have not found one that I like better.

Pros

This software gives the appearance of professionalism and is easy for the recipient of statements and ledgers to understand.

Cons

Some of the internal functions need some updating for fluidity of preparing reports, inputting payables to save time and make it more efficient than it already is.

Thanks for your feedback Cindy! It's awesome that you've been happy with us for 20 years. Here's to 20 more!

AS

Allan S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

easy to use out of the box

My company was part of the beta testing and we found the support staff to be excellent. Since the roll out of the program I have seen no issues and since. System is easy to use right out of the box with little input needed.

Pros

System is almost ready to use right out of the box. Work flow is very intuitive

Cons

only 2 items i feel the program is missing. - While doing AP would like to see a box for total check amount that will balance out the the line item totals - when taking over a new property there is not quick entry system that will acknowledge the security deposit.

Hi Allan, Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad Breeze is enhancing your business. I'll make sure our support team hears that they did a great job getting you set up. I'll pass your comment about AP to our development team, as we continue to look into new ways to make the program even better. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

CL

Chris L.

Likes and challenges

This is a good software. I am concerned with the shortage of people able to assist and the training that is or is not avaialable.

Pros

I believe that the software is easily manageable.

Cons

Because it is now web-based, I am concerned because more steps have been added. Also, use of the ledger is difficult in that receiving a payment causes an issue in the ledger area to increase amounts owed when only the rent is owed.

MG

Marty G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Making rental management easy for anyone!

Past few years, I could not think of a better way to track my lease contracts without YB.

Pros

The ability to track rent, add payables and track budget, and track tenant information.

Cons

The con is that it needs to integrate with Glide or CRMLS. Other real estate platforms.

Thank you for your review and feedback Marty! We are so glad Breeze is working well for your business.

DC

Donald C.

Great Price for this software

I liked it a lot easy to setup and easy to use

Pros

This was a great intro to the Yardi suite which also includes Voyager

Cons

I currently would like to see if there are other language support for this software

Hi Donald, It's great to hear you've been introduced to a range of Yardi products. It's true that Breeze can be a jumping off point into Breeze Premier and Voyager, our enterprise-level software, but Breeze is quite powerful in its own right as well! Regarding your note about language support, we've been providing property management software to international markets for years. We'd love to hear what your specific needs are. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

James D.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Over All Good for Budget

Pros

This software was easy to set-up and use for the most part.

Cons

The biggest issue we have are random issues where saved changes disappear. Also, you must know accounting to use properly.

Hi James, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

JH

Jared H.

One year using Breeze

Onboarding and setup was pretty simple. Yardi staff was nice to work with and customer service has been very helpful the few times that we've reached out.

Pros

Powerful accounting software. Excellent for commercial properties where CAM's need to be reconciled.

Cons

No mobile app, very basic user interface

EC

Ericka C.

Yardi Breeze

It is nice that information is within in one program.

Pros

Tenant information is easily to access within the resident's profile.

Cons

Sometimes, I have to dig through several drop-down menus to find information. When processing Security Deposit returns, it automatically pro-rates the rent based on the actual move-out date as opposed to the notice date.

BJ

Brandy J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Pros

The software over all is easy to use. My building managers have been using it for about a year now and it was an easy transformation from Yarid Classic to Yardi Breeze.

Cons

The software needs more updates and ways to be able to customize letters.

Hi Brandy, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

SW

Stoney W.

Used other for less than 6 months

Not worth the investment

My experience with the company was good. Their management software is simply not worth the investment.

Pros

The sales team and customer service was very nice.

Cons

The program lacks many of the fundamental things required for a property manager. It lacks any CRM or tracking of contacts. This is a much needed feature because you need to be able to communicate with more than just a tenant. Yardi cannot link to 3rd party programs like Gmail, Voip services, texting is only 1 way which creates confusion and missed appointments with vendors. It requires you...

Hi Stoney, Thank you for giving us so much detail in your feedback. We're sorry Breeze hasn't been the great experience you expected up to this point. Based on your concerns, we should talk ASAP about the possibility of getting you set up with Breeze Premier. This would instantly add additional functionality like two-way texting, a CRM queue for follow-up activities, job cost tracking and many other day-to-day operational features. Again, thank you for providing us with this information. We'll be in touch shortly. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

BW

Baron W.

Yardi Breeze

Pros

Everything you need is in one place and that makes life easier

Cons

There is a lot of moving pieces, a lot of information to learn

Hi Baron, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

zf

zach f.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great starting point for a software

Build you a website? No. But can embed some links into your own website. Do they have Esign for contracts etc? Not yet. Online applications. Yes. Tenant screen? Yes. Does it publish vacancies? Just to Rentcafe as of now. Texting/contacting tenants? Right from tenant page? Owners pay through portal. no Does accounting sync to bank account? Only reconciliation style Renter insurance accoutibility? It’s coming

Pros

Very easy and sleek to use. I believe this will become a very powerful management software for a reasonable price. They have a vast background in software and property management, so they really know the needs.

Cons

They just released this new software, and have a long ways to catch up with what other companies are offering. They do have a big parent company behind them, and may be able to catch up quick. Since they are so big, they have their own vacancies website, and a few other things along those lines. Sometimes that's great because it's smooth with the software, but sometimes it limits what resources are available.