Guesty For Hosts Logo
Guesty For Hosts

Running a rental business is hard. Guesty makes it easy.

visit website

Guesty For Hosts Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

Reviews by rating

We used the product for the trial period and there is a lot to be learned about how it can best be used but the help team ensure everything is clear and work fare for you.
I like that such many features are included in the subscription. Your Porter has provided an opportunity for me to explore several opportunities for growing our hospitality business.
Honestly I love the features. I love that you can have multiple listings and and not have to go on multiple websites.
Paying $100 / year extra for the booking engine to utilise your own domain name is ridiculous in my opinion.
It is sometimes a bit hard to navigate. Occasionally gets stuck in one spot.
Sometimes there is a delay in the automated messaging more than hour. Even that I stop the automated messages, sometimes the software sends it.

MF

Matthew F.

Vacation Rental Owner and Host

Guesty For Hosts Review: Perfect messaging for automation

Thank you Matthew, for your stellar 5-star review. Your support means a lot to us and helps others discover the benefits of Guesty for Hosts. Best, The Guesty Team

RS

Ricky S.

Owner

Nice App

Transcript

Ricky S.: Hi, my name is Ricky. I'm an Airbnb owner. I rate Your Porter a four out of five stars. For...

Pedro A.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Must have for a small property management company

Definitely an easy path for a new property management company or individual. If you work with a few houses, it´s the best choice in the market. I have had around 30/40 Demos within the channel manager/PMS sector and can tell you that this is the best price quality in the market.

Pros

This Channel Manager is by far the easiest we have had so far on our company. It has all the functionalities you need and very user friendly. There is only customer support via e-mail, but they normally reply within the first 24 hours.

Cons

The reason why we are thinking of changing the software is due to the automatic email/messaging. If you have direct bookings or bookings from agencies that are not connected to the channel, you will need to send messages manually. This is ok when you have a few houses, but when you grow your business, you want to optimize the operation as best as you can.

MF

Matthew F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Using Your Porter Vs Other PMS/CM applications

Its a great app. Our company went through 4 other apps before settling with your porter.

Pros

-Lets start by simply putting they connect to the listings very easily/fast -Automated MSG is a must these days and is a plus that we can send SMS or Whatsapp msg. (The Whatsapp feature would be a lot better if we didn't have to add every guest to out contacts but I do understand that not in your control). -The task manager is also a must for cleaners and maintenance. (we don't use it as much as we...

Cons

-Not a fan of the fact you need to have the default language in English. I live in France and although the app automatically changes the language, when you want to send a quick one time MSG it always sends it in English and doesn't have the option to change it to the secondary language. (at least on the mobile app). -last is the automated msg. This has been the best feature we have used on any PMS...

KH

Kim H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Buyer beware they’re very unreliable in so many ways

Definitely not a good experience. Overall, we decided to go with another software after giving them chances. Customer service is slow to answer, and there are just way too many glitches with calendars and double bookings. We have posted on host support sites and have the same thing for many owners.

Pros

The ease of set up and easy to maneuver on the site and app

Cons

They are one of the most unreliable, inconsistent and unprofessional companies we have dealt with in this business. It takes days for customer service to answer you if you’re having a problem, and most of the time, it’s a big answer, and requires you to go back-and-forth, which adds more time. The sync feature for calendars and integrations is horrible. we have had consistent double bookings because of glitches on their end. This is a dealbreaker for us.

Hi Kim, thank you for raising your feedback with us. We understand the frustration that comes with experiencing disruptions in your business operations. As a software startup, we are dedicated to providing the best service possible and strive to minimize such disruptions. As we actively work on implementing innovative solutions for our clients, we focus efforts on improving our internal operations as well. We'd be more than happy to further discuss our path to enhancing user experience by scheduling a call with one of our professionals. Thanks, The Guesty Team

JG

John G.

Commercial Real Estate, self-employed

Owner of LLC

Pros

Easy to use compared to some software of same kind.

Cons

Use with other applications like expedia central

Thanks, John! Helping our customers thrive is what motivates us every day at Guesty. Best, The Guesty Team

AK

Art K.

Almost perfect

Allows me to avoid double bookings by syncing across other platforms Automated messages save time Syncs nightly price and minimum stay across other platforms

Pros

Airbnb Extended connection Booking.com API connection Homeaway Extended connection Message Automation to Airbnb, Booking.com and Homeaway Airbnb price sync to Bookin.com and Homeaway with user defined markup Very responsive tech support Airbnb Extended connection works in restricted markets which do not permit API connections such as - Los Angeles, Montreal, Tokyo, etc.

Cons

No way to connect to Tokeet API No ability to push prices from Tokeet to Your Porter App Prices can only be taken from Airbnb and only than pushed to other channels Limited message automation options

EH

Eric H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great to manage your vacation rental

Great experience so far, we only have one vacation rental so this review is for Guesty for Hosts. We are acquiring more vacation rentals and will soon upgrade to the Guesty pros platform.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You HAVE to have your Airbnb account 100% set up before you open your account in Guesty as that is the only way it moves forward with this in place as it copies all the information over for your convenience and hence you don't have to input the same information twice.Easy centralized messaging with guests. The calendar can sync with various price management tools like pricelabs.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to create the calendar, search and payment widgets from the website menu to copy and add to your own website instead of having to embed the whole site into ours.Paypal integration would be fantastic as well.

FM

Frederic M.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 5,001-10,000 employees

User friendly, easy to understand and efficient

I am quite happy about the product, its simplicity and also about the responsiveness of the support.

Pros

- The message automation module is really efficient and saves many hours. - The possibility to send a reminder by SMS to the helpers is really helpful to keep the operations running smoothly. - Another feature that I found really impressive was the website builder. It takes less than 5 minutes to have a professional-looking website. Yet, it remains powerful as almost every section can be adjusted manually if needed. - There is an app that is similar to what you experience when using your web browser. So you don't need to re-learn everything.

Cons

The navigation between sections can sometimes take 1 or 2 seconds. Nothing too critical but it would be even better if it was slightly faster. Some features also are missing such as the support of multiple languages for the website but I have been told that it's on the roadmap so it should not be a problem anymore.

Dina M.

Awful platform

Pros

Nothing positive to say. Customer service was non-existant. They’re trying to use AI to respond.

Cons

Everything. The platform overall is poorly managed and does not connect easily with other booking platforms. Caused 3 double bookings in a week.

Hi Dina, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We would love to connect with you ASAP to help remedy this situation. We work hard to make sure all our users are taking full advantage of what we have to offer and are more than satisfied with our platform. Please provide us with your email and we will get in touch to resolve this matter. Thanks, The Guesty Support team

Short-term hosts, start with Your Porter App

Pros

It allowed me to combine my previous use of multiple apps.

Cons

The user interface should be a bit more inviting and user-friendly.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Easiest way to manage your STR

Pros

The simplicity. So easy to manage and communicate with guest with just a click of a button. I love how I can sync my cleaners calendar to mine.

Cons

As of now, I haven't disliked anything!

JJ

Jerrod J.

Best Value-Best Features-Easiest to Use

I have used yourporter for several years. Recently, I thought I needed a more robust system so paid thousands more for a competitor. I spent weeks trying to onboard it and found that there were many features I took for granted in yourporter that the expensive software couldn't do so I have come back to yourporter and love it.

Pros

Mobile interface is great. My cleaning staff likes that they can see a calendar link and that they can get text notifications. Not sure how much it helps, but I appreciate that they have some tools to improve rankings. I just got my direct booking website up and running which was super easy and seems to work great.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well across many platforms.

RZ

Rob Z.

Getting expensive

I’m just watching the price increase every month

Pros

Automations seemed helpful. Easy to use

Cons

Limited personal booking site features. Was looking to add an inviting direct booking site

Hi Rob, we are glad to have been able to make things easier for you. Have a great day!

MT

Matthew T.

Guesty review

Above Average

Pros

It was quick to setup. I liked the free trial.

Cons

It’s terrible for cleaning schedules and cleaning calendar. Can’t integrate with QBO, costing me more in book keeping charges.

CJ

Christina J.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Great software and Great Value

It's been a great experience overall from set up to daily use.

Pros

This software is easy to use and set up. Also, the communication with customer service is amazing. The software has everything I need!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like so far

LF

Laila F.

New User

Overall, I'm enjoying it. There is a learning curve for setting up the automation and figuring out what works for our process. That is the hardest part.

Pros

I like the interface and the ease of use. It's user-friendly and everything is laid out for you to follow the steps.

Cons

They don't have a signature option for short term rental agreements would be the only thing missing from this software.

DS

Derek S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Manage multiple listings easily on mobile

Making changes to listing to improve search rank and conversions is difficult without knowing where you rank, Your Porter App solved this with amazing weekly search reports.

Pros

Understanding where your property shows up in Airbnb search ranking is critical, even more important is what you do about it. Your Porter App provides weekly performance reports that allow you to monitor your Airbnb search ranking within a comparable competition set (ie: number of bedrooms, bathrooms, beds, etc) Managing your Airbnb search rank goes a long way toward improving your conversion rates and increasing yield, Your Porter App is an essential tool in your STR (Short Term Rental) toolbox providing results you can measure.

Cons

Aside from the apprehension of relinquishing direct control of the listing on Airbnb, activating went smoothly but I didn’t like the fact that I no longer can rely on Airbnb’s Market Trends and Smart Pricing for guidance on pricing strategy.

TD

TREVOR D.

YOUR PORTER APP FOR MY APARTMENT RENTAL

REAL TIME UPDATION OF RATES AND SYNCHRONISING OF CALENDERS ACCROSS THE BOOKING SITES WHICH NOT ONLY HELP SAVING TIME, BUT ALSO HELPS IN AVOIDING DOUBLE BOOKINGS. AND OFFCOURSE HAVING MY OWN WEBSITE TO MARKET MY APARTMENT RENTALS MAKES ME FEEL I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL.

Pros

IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY IN TERMS OF INSTALLING IT AND IMPLEMENTING IT. THEIR SUPPORT SERVICE IS QUITE HELPFULL AND PROVIDED THE REPLIES AND SOLUTIONS TO ANY QUERIES AND ISSUES WHICH MAY ARISE AT THE TIME OF IMPLEMENTATION. IT IS VERY COST EFFECTIVE AND HELPS YOU CUT DOWN TIME WHICH YOU WOULD HAVE LOST DUE TO UPDATING RATES AND AND LENGHT OF STAYS ON DIFFERENT SITES SUCH AS BOOKING.COM, HOMEAWAY....

Cons

THE APP COULD HAVE A FEATURE WHERE IT IS ABLE TO HELP THE USERS/OWNER'S WEBSITE (CREATED THRU THE APP) TO BE PUSHED TO THE END USERS WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR APARTMENT RENTALS ON SEARCH ENGINES. THIS COULD HELP DRIVE SALES THRU THE OWNER'S WEBSITE CREATED ON THE APP.

OB

Olivier B.

Hospitality, self-employed

a considerable saving of time for the management of your properties

easy to set up, works right away. In the end it's a lot of time saved

Pros

manage all properties in the same places, regardless of the platform (airbnb or booking).Send automatic messages that we personalize.

Cons

These are minor remarksthe iphone app is a bit slow to load.editing messages (on iphone) is not very practical (the window is too small)The WhatsApp, SMS part does not always work well

kW

kelly W.

Great product

I had trouble with syncing the calendars with VRBO and AirBnb. I had to reach out to customer support twice, but they helped me get it resolved.

Pros

It automates the process. I like the automated messaging too.

Cons

I thought I had calendars synchronized from different channels but I had a double booking. I reached out to support and they helped me correct the problem. Then I had another double booking. I reached out again and they gave me different instructions. That time it corrected the problem.

KA

Kristin A.

Excellent for the $

So far it's met my immediate business needs with the message automation and channel manager.

Pros

The message automation is great. It's professional and saves a lot of time. Having the channel manager allows my listings to stay the same across platforms. So far I've been satisfied with the product.

Cons

Although the email support has been responsive so far I wish there was live chat support. I would also like to integrate a personal booking site to the platform.

Harrison W.

Walker Homesley Review of Guesty

Pros

Makes managing our vacation rental on multiple platforms easy and allows us to utilize our own direct booking website.

Cons

The app and the website can both be glitchy at times. Nothing is so bad that it limits being able to use the platform entirely, but it will sometimes require a reset of the app or refreshing of the page.

SS

Sara S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great platform with lots of features

Pros

Having all of our rental platforms in one place, with one shared calendar is so helpful. We've never had a double booking, and the messaging with guests is simple. Sharing calendar information with booking sites, TurnoverBnB, and PriceLabs has been fantastic. Making the direct booking site and linking my Stripe account was quick, easy, and will save us a lot of money on booking fees. A great resource that saves me time and money.

Cons

Guesty for Hosts can be a little slow to open or sync sometimes. It takes several minutes for a reservation from AirBnb or VRBO to show up on Guesty, and for a reservation to show up on TurnoverBnB. The unified messaging inbox is helpful, but is also a bit slow. I also don't like that you need to update to Guesty for Pros to fully integrate with other sites like StayFi.

EG

Erik G.

Guesty for Hosts

I have been using Guesty for Hosts for over a year now and it has been a great experience! The system is very user friendly and customer service is exceptional! It does everything I need from automatic templates/messages, lock integration, and syncing calendar between different platforms.

Pros

Integration with Airbnb and VRBO is very easy. What I like most about Guesty for Hosts is the synchronization to one calendar and the automatic messaging which saves me a lot of time.

Cons

One feature that can be improved in the syncing between VRBO and Guesty for Hosts. It takes around 5-15 minutes to sync to Guesty for Hosts and block out the day on Airbnb.

DR

David R.

Vacation Rental Ease of Use

Pros

Guesty for Hosts automated messaging system is the main thing that we use the platform for. It saves us a ton of time and energy not having to keep track of messages being sent to guest on check in and check out. The ability to link to our smart locks is another huge benefit of the program. It again saves us a ton of hassle to not have to generate our own codes for guests.

Cons

The software is clunky to use sometimes. It seems a litte outdated and could be more user friendly. The customer service chat is also non existent. It just directs to articles that are sometimes helpful, sometimes not. It would be better to talk to or chat with a human to resolve issues.

NM

Neil M.

Best AirBNB App to Date

Awesome.

Pros

AirBNB has a horrible website and app. YourPorter completely remediates the problem. Calendars are all on one screen, easily allowing you to get a view of current and upcoming reservations. If you combine this app with a good pricing tool app you will NEVER need to go to AirBNBs site again. I force all my cohosts to use this software and I will not work with anyone that does not use it.

Cons

If you added the ability to set pricing on this tool it would be nirvana. I don't like the way you have to scroll back to view previous reservations; it "bumps" the calendar back in 90 day increments then you have to scroll back to a more recent day. This is a very minor nitpick.