Upper Hand Logo

Upper Hand

Innovative sports and fitness software

Upper Hand Reviews

4.1

How would you rate Upper Hand?

Pros

I like the ease of this software, both for the customer and our company. It is super easy to send out marketing and information emails to all contact or select groups.

MR

Morgan R.

We've really enjoyed the experience with Upper Hand's staff and software. Every interaction has been friendly, engaging, informational, professional, and super helpful.

SS

Sean S.

I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.

MC

Myles C.

Cons

Also, it sends way too many emails, including a receipt that makes customers think they've been double charged because of the way it's worded.

LM

Liz M.

I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons.

TH

Tina H.

DL

Darren L.

New User

Being a new user we are still figuring out the system and find it difficult to "undo" some of the problems we are running in to. Customer Support has been great about helping us with work arounds and more importantly, escalating problems that aren't fixable to the design team to see if they can implement some needed changes.

Pros

It provides a means to keep our appointments organized.

Cons

It doesn't let you manipulate much for our specific need.

Hi Sandi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with our support staff. We're sorry to hear that you've found it difficult to undo certain things, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics you're referring to. We will be reaching out to setup a product feedback call to learn more about these use cases. Again, thank you for the review!

Lack of customization

Unfortunately we were "sold" on a product that could meet our clearly defined use cases and expectations. This was not true. Subsequently, our sales and account managers were moved off of our account and we transitioned multiple times. It was clear that there was no one from upper hand that was willing or wanting to make it right and subsequently we continued to pay for a service that we simply could not use! We are on record through multiple conversations over our relationships stating our dissatisfaction and subsequent inability to use this product. We asked for a refund and were denied. Truly a horrific experience for my business.

Pros

The premise that I could manage events for my business

Cons

The complete lack of customization and available software and/or plugins (parent/child accounts, financial and administrative dashboards)

Hi Eric, Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that some of our features and customization options could be improved. We are always looking for ways to better serve our customers, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and have a great day!

Great Product

Upper Hand has helped us, EYG Basketball, streamline our registration process as well as improve our organization and bookkeeping. It gives us the ability to set up a variety of training sessions, camps, or clinics, and gives customers the ability to see what fits their schedule. With automatic reminders via email and text messages about upcoming workouts or training, parents can easily remember the schedule.

Cons

Thanks for the review and continued support Galen!

D-BAT COS Review

Very responsive when we encounter our issues

Pros

It’s organized, and we now enjoy receiving reminders for camps, clinics, and lessons.

Cons

It’s not retail friendly at all. We encounter so many issues daily as far as scheduling lessons, camps, and clinics. We have a lot of issues editing contact information, and we have always had issues with our app connected to the system.

Hi Gabriela, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad you find the camps/ clinics/ lessons aspects easy to use. However, we are sorry to hear that the retail functionality can be boosted for your use cases. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we may continue to improve to better serve your business and clients. Thank you again, and have a great day!

THE BACKSTOP @ MAVS

Very pleased so far

Pros

It is much more user friendly than scheduling softwares I've used in the past. With great customer service!

Cons

The fact I can't publish a daily calendar on my website. Very useful to my company and our members as the calendar helps them determine when to come to the facility or not.

Hi Rodney, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad you find our software easy to use--that is one of our main goals! However, we are sorry to hear that our calendar functionality could be improved. I've shared your feedback with our team in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thanks again for your feedback, and have a great day!

DBAT Chatt

Pros

It seems to be a very usable software with everything we need in our business.

Cons

Biggest drawback is the lack of training that we received. And for the most part we struggled to get quick response to problem solving as they arose. Tho that has changed greatly in last week or so. Again, most likely due to training issues and not program issues

Sal, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that our software does everything you need to operate your business. However, we are sorry about the lack of initial training you and your staff received. We hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help solve this issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review!

VC United Review

Overall I like it and its easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to set up the camps and clinics we need on the software.

Cons

I am not able to add some of the detailed options I would like into the camps and clinics, and I do not have control over refunds and such from my end

Hi Jordan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you have enjoyed your experience with our software and find it easy to use! We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Was sold as alternative to Mindbody, far from the truth.

Pros

Support service was very good. One of the customer rep helped with sorting things out and was fairly available. From a sales standpoint, they make sure you feel comfortable and are persistent with you.

Cons

This software was sold with many promises that just didn't deliver. Having to pay the annual cost up front should have been a warning sign. We were sold on the concept this was a cheaper/better alternative to Mindbody. We were also sold on the fact we could get rid of our Shopify store. Once we paid, we soon learned the membership feature was still months from completion. We then discovered that...

Hi Jim, We are terribly sorry that you had a poor experience using Upper Hand. I know that upper management has been talking with you to make sure that this all gets resolved amicably. If you could follow up with them, they will make sure that these issues are quickly resolved. Thanks! Upper Hand Team

Energy Athletics Review

I enjoyed my conversation with their sales rep and thought the product was decent.

Pros

Upper hand is fantastic for small cage facilities. Unfortunatley it is not the best product for running a massive operation with many different sports, locations, and revenue streams.

Cons

There is nothing I didn't really dislike about the software, it just is not the strongest software out there. If anything there price point was a bit much.

Hi Ryan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear that you've had positive experiences with our team members and product. We also appreciate your candid feedback on how we can better serve your use case. I have passed along your feedback to our product team so we can continue to improve. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Great concept, and greater customer support!

The concept is great, although the product is still buggy and often undergoing updates and redesigns. The customer service is great, They have gone to great lengths to meet our specific needs, and make up for any shortcomings of the software while the kinks are worked out. Upper Hand saves us a lot of time and makes the registration and payment process seamless for our clients. We will continue to use Upper Hand, and look forward to the new interface being fully integrated!

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Errors in registration availability for clients, dual interface system, lack of some capability in a new interface.

Thanks for the review BJ!

Recommend

My larger clinics run so much smoother when I can have all of my clients pay ahead of time rather than collecting fees at the clinic.

Pros

The customization of events is incredibly useful.

Cons

The ease of changing a clients date, etc. Though this has improved since I first purchased the product.

Hi Taila, Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you've had a positive experience with our software and have noticed improvements along the way. We are thrilled to hear managing your larger clinics has been made easier with Upper Hand. Have a great day!

World Class

Pros

EVERYTHING! This software allows you to do everything. Scheduling, coaching, registering... Love the mobile aspect and having everything at hand.

Cons

If you want everything, its gunna cost ya.

Hi Troy, Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review about Upper Hand. We are glad that you've enjoyed it!

Great product

Upperhand allows me to focus on my business and makes communicating with existing clients easy.

Pros

Ability to market to to my client base. Allows me to build and organize a data base of clients

Cons

Notification of session reminders (which has recently been upgraded and feature added)

Hi Carlos! We appreciate the the kind words and taking the time to share your review of Upper Hand. We're also happy to hear that one of our most recent features - notification reminders - is something that will add value to how you run your business. Have a great day and thanks for the review!

Upper Hand

Pros

Upper Hand is the ultimate sports software and really does give you the "upper hand". Ready to use and all the information you need right at your fingertips.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Hey Angela, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear you've had a positive experience with our software! Have a great day!

Should be easier way

Pros

Clients can join easily off my app on phone.

Cons

Should be and easier way to cancel or contact customers off the calendar.

Hi Vince, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that your clients find the app easy to use! However we are sorry to hear the functionality could be improved for your business. I have passed along your feedback to our team with hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Amazing customer service

Danielle & support group have been amazing patient & helpful with us. Miriam mainly is the one in constant contact with Danielle and/or hub and they’ve helped her so much she then turns back and trains our Staff

Pros

Very user friendly but we are still learning!

Cons

retail receipts aren’t emailed to staff/no partial payment option

Hi Josh, Thank you so much for the review! We are ecstatic to hear about your experience with our support team - I've passed the message along! Have a great day!

Not the best

Decent until the last few months where they really struggled to make edits properly.

Pros

Not much, had poor experiences with the software.

Cons

The software was confusing at times and not the most user friendly. The team was not always helpful and timely when making edits either.

Hi Jayson, We are so sorry that you have had a frustrating experience with Upper Hand. We apologize, and we'll strive to do better. We appreciate your business, and please reach out if there are any outstanding issues. Thank you for your candid feedback, and have a nice day.

Upper Hand and RMA

Pros

Product is very easy to be implement, as very intuitive and visual

Cons

I was mostly impressed with visual presentation all event and memberships.

Hi Coach M, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear you have had a great experience with Upper Hand. We're especially excited to hear that you find the events and memberships layouts intuitive and easy to use. Thank you again for the kind words, and hope you have a great day!

Not really as described - Needs more work

none - we canceled before going live

Pros

Strong concept and truly needed in the management of large clubs. Basically functionality of the system is strong and it was easy to set-up initial events. However, needed to create workarounds to define events like we wanted them set-up.

Cons

The Sales Team oversold the existing functionality that was currently available and we proceeded based on that understanding, paid the initiation fees to later find out key functionality to us was not available. Major pain points included 1) inability to turn off accepting checks 2) generic waivers are built to primarily protect Upper Hand not the client 3) client invite process is cumbersome and add new client lists difficult to customize 4) emails and calls took days to get a response including the email to cancel.

Michele, We are pleased to announce that all 3 of the product issues that you stated have been addressed. Update below: 1. You can now turn on/off check, cash and credit card payments based on your preferences. 2. We have custom waivers that you can bring in to the system for free. 3. We have and are continuing to improve the client invite process. 4. We have added additional resources to our support team to ensure more timely responses to our customers and their clients. Also, we did end up issuing a full refund to you and closed the loop very amicably. We appreciate you giving us a shot, and hope to have you as a customer in the future!

So far, so good. Staff is helpful and system is user friendly.

Pros

I like that we can use it to market other events to our families. A family coming on to sign up for basketball clinics might not know that we also have a track team, but on upperhand they can get the full scope of what we offer.

Cons

Same thing, but I hate how you have to change the time dial when putting in time of events! I also would love for there to be a text feature!

Thanks for the review and feedback, Tatum!

Upper Hand and my basketball camps

All in all, Upper Hand works well with customers. The communication with the customer is so important and Upper Hand works hard to match the customer with the proper support cast.

Pros

Upper Hand assists with the process for a novice like me. This is very helpful for my summer sport camps.

Cons

Just learning how to use something new can be challenging to someone like me.

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for your review! We are excited to hear that we have made a difference in organizing your summer sport camps, and are thrilled to hear you have had a positive experience with our support team! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Works great for what we need!

They’ve all been great and very helpful!

Pros

Clients can view schedules and book all on their own. I can view and control all coaches schedules.

Cons

The processing fees for taking credit cards although it is standard.

Hi Trinity, Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you've had a great experience with Upper Hand, and we look forward to continuing to grow with you! Have a great day!

Awesome product for QB training academy

i'm extremely happy with the upperhand product. it allows the parents of the QB's i train to purchase and schedule sessions very easily. and it allows me to focus more on training and less administrative tasks.

Pros

ease of use.

Cons

doesn't have an app to access from my smart phone.

Thanks for the review, Greg!

Communication

We just need better and more timely communication. Need more or better training.

Pros

I like the possibilities and what it might be able to do, once we fully figure it out.

Cons

I dislike how long it takes for Upper Hand to get back to our team. We are a new business and trying to be prepared when we open, instead of figuring it out on the fly when we open.

Hi Casey, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize that our training and communication did not meet your expectations. We are committed to helping you succeed on our software, so we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve. Have a great day!

cust support

In the weeks leading up to our opening and currently it has been problematic getting a quick response to emails and phone calls. Sometimes its very quick and other times it was 24-48 hours before a response came thru. This has been very frustrating as we have never used the software so we need answers quickly.

Pros

It's intuitive and fairly easy to pick up how to use.

Cons

would like the scheduling to have EOW feature

Hi Darren, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you've found the software easy to use, however are sorry to hear that our communication has not met your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and have a great day!