Upper Hand Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.03/10

Reviews by rating

I like the ease of this software, both for the customer and our company. It is super easy to send out marketing and information emails to all contact or select groups.
We've really enjoyed the experience with Upper Hand's staff and software. Every interaction has been friendly, engaging, informational, professional, and super helpful.
I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.
Also, it sends way too many emails, including a receipt that makes customers think they've been double charged because of the way it's worded.
Many of the features are limited, i.e. it has a payroll tracker, but no payroll integration, or it has accounting functions, but not ones that are actually usable from an accounting perspective.
I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons.

JD

John D.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend

I've been with Upperhand since 2017 , couldn't run my biz without it , ive tried! Well worth every penny. I love the improvements that the make and they listen to what we as customers want. I recommend Upperhand to all my colleagues.

Pros

This takes a bit to get use to but when you implement all the options it makes biz life easy! Way too many good things to list. This software takes care of all my biz needs, Calendar , Scheduling, income , memberships , camps, point of sale ,email lists just to name a few.

Cons

A few things in the calendar are a tad buggy but Ive learned how to get around them.

Hi John, Thank you so much for the kind words, and for taking the time to leave a review! We love to hear that the platform has been such an important part of your business! We're glad to hear that many of our recent improvements have been impactful for your business. Thank you so much for recommending our product to your colleagues, and for your product feedback on how we can continue to improve the software. We look forward to continuing to watch your business grow! Hope you have a great day! CK

ZB

Zeena B.

Upper Hand Review

Pros

The best feature, and reason for switching over for our company was the ability to add a card on file.

Cons

while they have built in a feature to allow repeat booking, it is not the most user friendly. The other thing is only being able to completely block users from booking/registering for things instead of picking and choosing what can be done on the client facing side vs the admin.

Hi Zeena, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Upper Hand! We're thrilled to hear that the ability to keep a card on file has been a game changer for you and your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve the software for your use case, and for your feedback on our new repeat booking feature. We have taken this feedback to our product team! Thank you again for the review, and hope you have a nice day! CK

BL

Brett L.

Sports,

Frustrating

Pros

I like the concept of what they are trying to do. I really believe there's a need for it and was sold from the beginning from the sales and marketing team who told me everything or software could do. Also their customer service is very good, they have a support team that gets back to you quickly which is always great, but I think they are overwhelmed.

Cons

I'm really not one to complain, but this experience has been very frustrating. Like trying to hang onto a greased pig. Especially trying to get to the root of the problem-- it's really difficult to do and feels like you have to fight to get real answers. For every camp or clinic we post, there seems to be some bug that customers can't figure out. And I can't help but feel that the upper...

Thanks for your review Brett and we are sorry about your experience using Upper Hand. You definitely hit some bugs as we transitioned into a new interface, and we'd love to show you the new platform after implementing your feedback.

AN

Austin N.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Upper Hand in Baseball/Softball Facility!

Pros

The calendar and scheduling are most useful, along with the membership and contact functionality!

Cons

Some of the areas don’t tailor exactly to the baseball/softball sport specific or multiple team/organization layout.

Hi Austin, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're excited to hear that the calendar and scheduling have been beneficial for your business, and that the memberships and contact capabilities have had a positive impact on your business! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product for your business use case. Thank you again for the review, and hope you have a nice day! CK

PD

Peter D.

Upper hand Review

Overall I have had a very good experience with upper hand their customer service support is extremely efficient

Pros

Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service

Cons

I think the software overall is very good with constant upgrades

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product, customer support, and constant upgrades. We put a lot of work into those areas, so we're glad to hear it's serving the purpose! Have a great day!

KO

Kasey O.

Fastballstrike1

Only thing I would say is that there are times that I can’t get something added or taken off in a timely manner. Don’t get me wrong, staff has been amazing and 9/10 is within 24 hours. At one point I asked if I could also make changes to the site which was very enlightening for me. It wasn’t as easy for me as it was for them. Gave me a good look at the back side of the website. Thankfully they do this everyday so they are well rounded.

Pros

Everything is great with the software. I haven’t used anyone else for my business so I don’t have a whole lot to compare with. But all in all, it’s been perfect for my business.

Cons

Once again, this is the only thing I know of. I’ve been with UH for 7 years now and they have progressed well. Thumbs up!

Hi Kasey, Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear that the software has been a great fit for your business, and we're looking forward to watching your business continue to grow! We're also happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with our support team -- we enjoy being able to serve as a resource for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and hope you have a great day! CK

MD

Mason D.

Growing company

Quite good. I think the workflow will improve but you can do almost anything and it is vital to our small business

Pros

For private trainings, the amount of options for events are numerous. Parents can usually book easily

Cons

Marking availability is not always easy. And changing the trainer or time of a session isn't done in the same window.

Hi Mason, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of our software! We're so glad to hear that this switch has been impactful for your growing business. We look forward to watching your business continue to grow! We've also passed along your feedback on how we can continue to improve our platform. We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us! Thank you again, and hope you have a great day! CK

JG

Josh G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Industry Value Where Its Needed Most

Our move to Upper Hand has been very good, overall. We're spending less money for better functionality with their software. They're on an upward trajectory and have continued to come out with new iterations and functions that improve the user experience (both our staff and our clients).

Pros

The customer service. No software or platform is going to be a perfect match for what your company needs. Where Upper Hand has been most beneficial to DST is through their partnership with me and my team. Whenever something has been confusing, deficient, or lackluster from our perspective, their team has made every effort to fix, communicate, and better their software to tailor it to our specific needs.

Cons

Any time you switch software or learn a new platform, there is going to be a learning curve. It was no different with Upper Hand. There have been some frustrations getting everyone on the team educated and up to speed with the platform and functions, but nothing that wouldn't be expected.

Hi Josh, WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write up such a positive review. Hearing how Upper Hand has helped DST and about your positive experience is what we thrive to accomplish!! We look forward to our continued partnership with you and your team!!

DR

Dan R.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Upper Hand works well for us!

Overall, we have enjoyed Upper Hand, while it has some flaws it is still user friendly for the staff and easy to get to information quickly.

Pros

Ease of use for administrator, lots of features for tracking finances and automated emails to clients. Schedule is easy to use and view as well as creating events is a breeze if you need to add something quickly.

Cons

More user friendly for clients so that scheduling can be easier. Ability to provide one-time discounts on fees after they have already purchased a membership.

Hi Dan, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using Upper Hand, and that the scheduling and financial features have been beneficial for you and your staff. We also appreciate you sharing your feedback on how we can continue to improve the software to provide a more positive, user-friendly experience for your clients. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we can look to improve the software for your business. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and hope you have a great day! CK

JC

James C.

Sogility UH

I’m happy with the willingness to take constructive feedback.

Pros

The features that I like most are the ability to create needed events & the new features to switch users or trainers.

Cons

Scheduling view for the clients. Ability to obtain needed data.

Hi James, Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear that some of our newer features have been helpful for you and your business! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. Thank you again and have a great day!

SL

Samantha L.

Middle of the Road Scheduling Software

Very average. We have sought out other routes to take solely because it was not receipted well with our clients and not sufficing our day to day needs as a business.

Pros

There are certain features that many other scheduling software systems do not encompass. For example, private links to be sent to certain individuals.

Cons

The adaptability to cater to the business needs. This is a huge issue we are having. Many times I am told "I will let our engineers know of this" meaning this is something we cannot change and we have to deal with it. Also the system is not very user friendly for our clients. We have had many struggles with client interaction. Lastly, many glitches occur making use very hard at times.

Hi Samantha, Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that there are certain features that are beneficial to your business, but are sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your use cases. We are constantly working toward bettering our product for our clients, so we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve. Thank you, and have a great day!

JW

Janie W.

Membership Issues

Scheduling

Pros

I like that we can use it to book and pay for lessons

Cons

The membership that are supposed to be helpful for auto renewal are sometimes more trouble than what they are worth. Either we need that fixed or we need to do away with the memberships.

Hi Janie, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the software. We're glad to see the growth your business has experienced since implementing Upper Hand, but are sorry to hear that recently, you've been running into some membership-related issues. Your account manager and the Upper Hand support team have been in touch to help you solve this problem. While we get things sorted out, we're happy to hear that our lessons scheduling and payments capabilities have helped you grow your business. Hope you have a nice day! CK

MN

Mark N.

4D Hockey

While we do like many of the features, the way we were told they would work is not happening. When we bring issues to Support, there is mostly no fix and we are told there’s nothing that can be done to fix it OR they don’t know why it doesn’t work.

Pros

The overall look and concept of how it’s supposed to work.

Cons

Unable to refund money (not just credits). The inability to assign time frames to resources. The inability to share credits for a family. The inability to transfer credits. The banking reporting is not clear. Cannot add check numbers to the record of payment, only amounts. Inability for one-time guest check out. Inability for clients to are available times on the calendar prior to selecting how many sessions they want to purchase. Would love to have a calendar view for people to see when they browse events.

Hi Mark, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that overall, many of the features have been helpful for your business. We appreciate you sharing your concerns on how we can continue to improve our software for your business, so we have shared your feedback with our product team. Our support team is happy to continue helping you work through these issues to provide the best possible solutions for your use cases. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and hope you have a nice day. CK

JC

Jamie C.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Good product, user friendly for admin, some client issues

Good!

Pros

I like the modern layout in the back office. After getting past the learning-curve it was easy for me as an administrator to work with.

Cons

We had clients who indicated that the site was not user friendly. Made it difficult to book.

Hi Jamie, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're excited to hear that you find the back-end side of the software easy to use, but are sorry to hear that some clients have expressed some issues with being able to book. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we can work to improve your clients' experience with the software. Again, thank you for your feedback. Hope you enjoy your day! CK

EM

Eric M.

Used other for 2+ years

Lack of customization

Unfortunately we were "sold" on a product that could meet our clearly defined use cases and expectations. This was not true. Subsequently, our sales and account managers were moved off of our account and we transitioned multiple times. It was clear that there was no one from upper hand that was willing or wanting to make it right and subsequently we continued to pay for a service that we simply could not use! We are on record through multiple conversations over our relationships stating our dissatisfaction and subsequent inability to use this product. We asked for a refund and were denied. Truly a horrific experience for my business.

Pros

The premise that I could manage events for my business

Cons

The complete lack of customization and available software and/or plugins (parent/child accounts, financial and administrative dashboards)

Hi Eric, Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that some of our features and customization options could be improved. We are always looking for ways to better serve our customers, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and have a great day!

JB

Jared B.

Highly Recommand

Pros

The software is easy to use. The product has evolved over the years to accommodate our client's needs.

Cons

Customer Service has been non-responsive at times.

Hi Jared, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're sorry to hear that you've had some trouble getting in touch with our support team in the past. But, we're thrilled to hear that you find the software easy to use, and that over the past few years it has evolved to better serve our customers. Again, thank you for your feedback, and hope you have a great day! CK

be

brad e.

Great

Scheduling is very easy to use in this software

Pros

The software has improved tremendously, and is a great tool for a baseball & softball training facility. The software is easy to use, and very user friendly.

Cons

The software needs to be tied to gift cards and the cash drawer. This is very important. Need better reports too. Inventory management - making inventory adjustments - needs to be easier.

Hi Brad, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you have seen improvements in our product over the past few years, and we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to meet and exceed the needs of your business! Have a great day!

LF

Lindsay F.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Not user friendly and customer service is not available

Not good. We are considering another platform that doesn't give us issues and our customer issues.

Pros

Honestly, not much as it isn't user friendly.

Cons

We get emails DAILY about things not working. Simple things like memberships and credits prove to be difficult. The wording is not every day language so it is hard to implement things without reaching out to customer service. Every time I try to do a live chat no one is ever available.

Hi Lindsay, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Upper Hand software. We're so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues, and that you find the software challenging to use. We have passed along your concerns, and your account manager will be in touch to help you work through these issues. Hope you have a great day. CK

DR

Dominic R.

Sports, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Upperhand - A Behind the Scenes Team to Support Your Dreams

I have known Upperhand for a while now and I used MINDBODY first but as Upperhand has grown the ease of use and their ability to grow has brought tremendous strength to my organization.

Pros

The few years I have been with Upperhand I have seen them implement three or more product changes that I have recommended. They have an amazing ability to grow and implement what real users are asking to improve.

Cons

The thing I have liked least about the software is the payment after a session but that has been resolved from what I can see. You can now book and pay later.

Hi Dominic, Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the software! We're excited to hear that many our recent product updates have been impactful for your business, and that any issues have been resolved. We're looking forward to continue supporting your business as you continue to grow! Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, and hope you have a great day! CK

JK

Joe K.

The BEST SCHEDULING app

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and can get revenue reports and NO DOUBLE BOOKING

Cons

Wish you could send out a MASS EMAIL not just for an event. Wish you had a call hotline. The bubble nobody ever answers

Hi Joe, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that you find Upper Hand easy to use, and that it has helped you avoid double booking! We're happy to hear that the reporting capabilities have been beneficial for your business! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our software and better serve you and your business. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope you have a great day! CK

AT

Adron T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Software

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up and my clients also love it.

Cons

I don’t like that I can’t keep my filters the same in the event section

Hi Adron, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with Upper Hand! We are thrilled to hear that the software is easy to use and your clients love it. We'd love to better understand your comment about event filters, and invite you to reach out to your support rep so they can help. Thanks again and have a great day!

JS

Jayson S.

Not the best

Decent until the last few months where they really struggled to make edits properly.

Pros

Not much, had poor experiences with the software.

Cons

The software was confusing at times and not the most user friendly. The team was not always helpful and timely when making edits either.

Hi Jayson, We are so sorry that you have had a frustrating experience with Upper Hand. We apologize, and we'll strive to do better. We appreciate your business, and please reach out if there are any outstanding issues. Thank you for your candid feedback, and have a nice day.

AK

Ahmed K.

Customer Friendly

I am really able to streamline my activity and track my clients.

Pros

It was very Easy to use. Within minutes I felt comfortable.

Cons

There was really Nothing to dislike. I like the product completely.

Hi Ahmed, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Upper Hand. We are thrilled to Upper Hand is working well for you and that you find it easy to use - our main goal! Have a great day and thank you again!

BM

Bill M.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Try before you buy!

Pros

The modern look of Upper Hand is definitely appealing. Compared to other systems, Upper Hand has the flash of excellence from the outward appearance.

Cons

Once purchased, navigating and setup becomes very challenging. I would recommend end to end testing as the customer to navigate through the workflow. We recieve constant feedback from customers that the online process is confusing to navigate. There is some potential with this platform, but that depends on how quickly enhancements are rolled out. Our use case is batting tunnel rentals only, and so far it does not align with an ease of use solution without some heavy lifting.

Hi Bill, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced some challenges getting set up with the software. Our team has reached out to connect on these issues and improve your experience. - CK

FM

Freddy M.

Sports, 1-10 employees

User friendly and great features

Pros

Tabs are easy to use and build registration links. Customer support is very responsive.

Cons

Would like to have more access to be able to add/delete certain things. I feel like I have to ask support as opposed to there just being a button to do it myself.

Hi Freddy, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you find our software easy to use and positive experiences with our customer support team. Thank you for your feedback on how we can continue to improve! Have a great day!