All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Upper Hand

Scheduling and management software for sports and fitness.

Upper Hand Reviews

Reviews Summary

Sean S.

Myles C.

Read the full review
As we get our business off the ground it has been great exploring the various features, and we are excited about the customer experience we'll be able to provide thanks to the software's ease of use.

Sean S.

Mackenzie A.

Read the full review
Lacking several must have features that my new software program has. Also had numerous occasions where I cancelled a client but they continued to get charged through Upperhand.

Tim B.

Brandon H.

4.1

So convenient!

The entire process has been easy from the initial request for information, to setting up our programs and events. Would definitely recommend their software!

Pros

Being a non-profit that is focused on many aspects, this software helps me in each one. The many programs we run, employee tracking, and in the near future, facility management. You aren't really limited to what you can do with this software. If it isn’t something they currently do, they are open to any and all ideas to make it even more user friendly. Whatever makes it easier for us!

Cons

The only downside is some of the small things that we aren’t able to customize ourselves, as far as special questions in the account creation process. Since they are always updating and coming up with ideas, I’m sure it will happen soon.

Hi there Jiselle, We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has worked out for you and has helped manage your programs and staff. It's always humbling to hear how we're able to make our customers' lives easier. We're also happy that you have found the software very customizable and flexible - that is music to our ears! We put a lot of work into hearing our customers' feedback, so we're glad to hear it's serving its purpose and helping you out. Have a great day, and thanks for the review!

Great Customer Service!

Customer service has been exceptional.

Pros

We initially go it for our training sessions located at our warehouse location. It has been great especially with the app. Coaches are able to see on their end if they have anyone signed without having to go us. Clients are able to sign up via the app if they didn't get a chance to do it ahead of time. We also use UpperHand to create a new website which has been great overall.

Cons

You can't group programs together. You have to do multiple links for the same event.

Hi Natasha, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experiences with our app and customer service. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better serve your needs. Thank you again and have a great day!

Upper Hand review

In the beginning, I was very discouraged from all of the bugs that caused frustrations with me as the Administrtor and also negatively affected our end user clients. I know we lost some clients in the beginning due to them not understanding the UpperHand software and how to use it. At times, there are spurts where there are a lot of bugs. Some of these bugs force me to lose clients and lose business.

Pros

This is the first and only Scheduling and Payment processing software I've used for my business, so I don't have any comparison. It does allow clients to schedule and pay on their own which is what I want.

Cons

The lack of customization creates lots of issues for my business and how we schedule.

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for choosing Upper Hand and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that our software is helpful for your scheduling and payment needs, however we're sorry to hear that you hit some bugs and that the customization could be improved for your business. We would like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Easy for customers, but lacks some bells and whistles

Upper Hand doesn't have as many features as our old software, which makes it a little harder to use when you're used to having tons of control. But the plus side is that it does a few things very, very well. Overall our customers are having a much easier time using this software, and it's straightforward if you're doing straightforward things with it.

Pros

The software is pretty easy for customers to use, and we have a lot more customers doing their own account management vs. asking me to do it like they did with our last CRM. It looks great, and creating events is very easy.

Cons

It's hard to tell what your customers owe. Different things are managed in different places - to cancel a lesson you have to go to the contacts tab, to mess with a membership you have to go to the membership tab (can't do it from the contacts page), to see what people owe you have to go to reports. It's hard to shift money around if a customer buys one thing and then decides they wanted something else instead. Also, it sends way too many emails, including a receipt that makes customers think they've been double charged because of the way it's worded.

Hi Liz, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that your clients find our software easy to use--that is one of our main goals! However, we are sorry to hear that certain functionality could be improved. I have passed along your feedback to our product team so that we can continue to improve for your use cases. Thank you again for your candid feedback, and have a great day!

UH Implementation

Very good so far. A couple hiccups in the beginning but most of that was our team learning the SW and how to navigate around. The UH Post Sales and Customer Support teams are very good.

Pros

The SW platform allowed us to move off the "freeware" we were using to a combined platform at an affordable price. Although some of the features are not very intuitive, there are ways available to get what you need done.

Cons

Initial setup was not easy as there was no way of importing customer data that we had from other platforms, so we had to have all of our customer profiles created from scratch. Not a big deal, but time consuming.

Hi Kevin, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that our training and support teams have been helpful in getting your staff onboarded to the software. We are looking forward to growing with you! Have a great day!

Great Support, Developing Product

We have a facility with multiple zones, with different thigns going on in them depending on the day , and even hour. The software helps us keep everything staffed, organized, and paid.

Pros

We like how easily we can add and change things and how it tailors well to our use case. The team is also very responsive and the software continues to improve.

Cons

Reporting needs to be stronger and more actionable.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We're excited to hear your positive feedback that our software has been great for your use case and easy to use! We hope you find that our updated reporting features within the UP Financial Suite add value to your business. Thanks again and have a great day!

Upper Hand for facility owners

The pricing is steep in comparison to the features.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up programs and clinics. The software is great for creating clinics with easy to understand prompts.

Cons

The software features are not robust enough to manage a facility. The reporting function lacks features to easily capture daily sales. The mobile reports feature doesn't exist. The software is great for clinics but cumbersome for recurring classes and front desk check in.

Hi Shanel, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that setting up your programs and clinics is easy, and ease of use for your clients has been improved. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better serve your needs. Have a great day!

Great Opening Experience

We've really enjoyed the experience with Upper Hand's staff and software. Every interaction has been friendly, engaging, informational, professional, and super helpful. We can't compliment the staff we've worked with enough, as they have been instrumental in making us feel comfortable about our decision to use their software, as well as their services. Very happy we made this decision!

Pros

We are loving the features and potential of the Upper Hand software! As we get our business off the ground it has been great exploring the various features, and we are excited about the customer experience we'll be able to provide thanks to the software's ease of use!

Cons

Honestly, nothing at this point. We are still learning more and more as we develop our programs but for every question relating to our programs, Upper Hand has been up to the task.

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for the review, specifically the comments on the customer experience and positive interactions with our team!! We look forward to the future of our partnership!

MacRoc Soccer Review

Overall it is great if we can diminish/decrease the occurrences of glitches/issues within the software.

Pros

Honestly, I do not know where my business would be without UpperHand. It has been such an asset when organizing our clients, calendars, reports ect.

Cons

Quite too often, the software has glitches and errors that keep us from conducting business at the times we would like to. In time, they are always fixed, but it does put a dent in what we do from the admin side as well as the cliental side and it is quite frustrating.

Hi Mackenzie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're ecstatic to hear that you don't know where MacRoc would be without our software!! Here at Upper Hand, we are committed to providing the best client experience. We are aware of some of the glitches you've experienced and are glad we've been able to rectify them quickly. Our Engineers are committed to reducing any product instability to eliminate this moving forward. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!

Great start and potential

It has certainly given my coaches more independence to function on their own and manage their own sessions. I have needed to send out fewer reminders and be the "middle man" much less.

Pros

I like that it is automated and allows for me to focus more time on delivering my services rather than registering and recording participants

Cons

I would like the communication to clients to be more customization and I would like my clients to have an easier time navigating the software. I receive a lot of "please help" emails for relatively simple and common things. (like signing up for a session or unscheduling a session).

Hi Jameson, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Upper Hand! We are glad to hear that using Upper Hand has allowed you to focus more on delivering services to your clients and less on admin work! That is our entire mission! Also, thank you for sharing feedback on communication. Our most recent updates were focused around improving the communication with new event reminders and we have much more coming! Plan on hearing from us soon to schedule a call to review these features and get your feedback. Thank you again and have a great day!

Buck Fastpitch Academy Review of Upper Hands Sports Software

Overall, we have been extremely happy with our customer service experience with Upper Hand. They are great to work with, and are always so quick to answer questions or fix software bugs. I don't know how I would have grown my business success without the Upper Hand software and their team!

Pros

I love the camp/clinic registration feature, as it significantly helps reduce time I spend processing registrations and payments. Additionally, I love the messaging feature, as it allows me to send mass marketing e-mails and messages to our entire team of athletes, parents and coaches. Lastly, I love that I am able to access Upper Hand through the mobile app, as I am always on the go and often need to be able to schedule or process a payment when I am away from my computer.

Cons

The software is sometimes not very intuitive for the client. I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons. It would be great if they would be able to view all past and upcoming events, as well as their total number of remaining event credits on their dashboard after signing...

Hi Tina, Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're happy to hear that Upper Hand helps you reduce time with admin tasks and that the messaging and mobile app have been helpful. Have a great day!

Feedback

UpperHand support has been outstanding. We are new to the system, but any questions we have had are quickly and easily answered by the support system here. I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.

Pros

I like that the software allows for us to schedule and book lessons, rentals, and more with ease. It is nice that the calendar view helps us see and access sessions directly from that same view.

Cons

It is frustrating with the payment set up. It is difficult that the way a session is booked also completely dictates how payment is done. For example, if someone wants to schedule say 8 weeks of lessons. If we book it one by one, as 8 individual sessions, payment is set up as 8 individual payments. So they come in and say, "Oh I'm paying for all of this at once". We then have to physically go in...

Hi Myles, Thanks for taking the time to write this review! In addition to your positive experience with support, we are happy to hear that Upper Hand has allowed you to book lessons and rentals with ease, and that you've had a great experience with the calendar! We also appreciate your feedback on the various use cases regarding client payment. This is something our team is actively working on, in addition to a few other exciting payment-related enhancements. If you have more feedback, please let your point of contact know and they'll be happy to schedule a time and provide an update on the timeline of these features. Thanks again for the review! Have a great day.

Upper hand Review

Overall I have had a very good experience with upper hand their customer service support is extremely efficient

Pros

Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service

Cons

I think the software overall is very good with constant upgrades

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product, customer support, and constant upgrades. We put a lot of work into those areas, so we're glad to hear it's serving the purpose! Have a great day!

Thanks UH

Excellent, super easy to easy and intuitive..great people at UH

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, easy for customers and super Intuitive.

Cons

Functionality could be boosted for our industry, a few work around a here and there.

Hey Donny! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the customer service and find it easy for your customers to use. However, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your industry, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared for your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your candid feedback and have a great day!

Industry Value Where Its Needed Most

Our move to Upper Hand has been very good, overall. We're spending less money for better functionality with their software. They're on an upward trajectory and have continued to come out with new iterations and functions that improve the user experience (both our staff and our clients).

Pros

The customer service. No software or platform is going to be a perfect match for what your company needs. Where Upper Hand has been most beneficial to DST is through their partnership with me and my team. Whenever something has been confusing, deficient, or lackluster from our perspective, their team has made every effort to fix, communicate, and better their software to tailor it to our specific needs.

Cons

Any time you switch software or learn a new platform, there is going to be a learning curve. It was no different with Upper Hand. There have been some frustrations getting everyone on the team educated and up to speed with the platform and functions, but nothing that wouldn't be expected.

Hi Josh, WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write up such a positive review. Hearing how Upper Hand has helped DST and about your positive experience is what we thrive to accomplish!! We look forward to our continued partnership with you and your team!!

Great Value

We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

Cons

Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

Sogility UH

I’m happy with the willingness to take constructive feedback.

Pros

The features that I like most are the ability to create needed events & the new features to switch users or trainers.

Cons

Scheduling view for the clients. Ability to obtain needed data.

Hi James, Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear that some of our newer features have been helpful for you and your business! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. Thank you again and have a great day!

Utah Youth Tennis

For the most part, it's been very good.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I enjoy the reliability and support.

Cons

I wish it had a little more flexibility in the functionality so that I could tailor it to the specific needs of my organization.

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear you find our software easy to use and have had a positive experience with our support team! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve flexibility and functionality for your specific use case(s). I have passed this along to our team to continue the discussion on how we can tailor our software to fit your needs. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Great Software for Small Business

Overall UpperHand has done it’s best to provide a great service and cater to my company’s specific needs

Pros

- Customer support is unmatched - Account manager very helpful and communicative - Love the features

Cons

- Features are sometimes hard to figure how to use on own

Hi Ashleigh, Thanks so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with support and your account manager. Have a great day!

UpperHand has Been Fantastic!

Top-notch customer service and professionalism.

Pros

UpperHand sports has been fantastic for my business! They listen to their consumers and are constantly striving to make improvements. I have even been on a phone call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They have grown in their functionality each year I have used them and my clients like using it as well.

Cons

Every time I do not like something and I make a suggestion they work as fast as they can to make software updates.

Hi Patrick! Thank you so much for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear you've had such a positive experience with our team and software. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years. Thank you again and have a great day!

Their support is 2nd to none!

When I was in the process of considering software programs to power our indoor facility's lesson scheduling I reviewed three different companies. After considering the functionality and going through the original online meeting with the personnel from upper hand it was quite clear to me which would best serve my needs. At the time, I didn't even know how good their support network was but having called upon that several times I can attest that it would have been the number one reason for choosing upper hand.

Pros

Their customer support is beyond what you can expect. I reached out to Mike service representative on a Sunday evening recently and she helped me work through an issue that enabled me to find The names of kids on teams in a hitting league. I cannot believe she answered my question on a Sunday evening !!!

Cons

It can be a little bit cumbersome for the first time user but once the customers become accustomed to the software and the app, then the problem goes away.

Thanks for the review Chris!

Regretting Leaving MindBody

Pros

The ability to create a unique platform specific to our business needs. Merchant fee for credit card transactions is favorable as well.

Cons

At our business we are constantly booking clients. We have a mix of repeat and new customers but for the most part we know when we’re seeing clients and classes. The fact that we still cannot make recurring events possible is ridiculous. I should not have to time out of each day to book a client, whom I have had at the same time and date for over 6 months, over and over again. It’s been promised for...

Hi Brandon, Thank you for your candid feedback. We are glad you have had a positive experience with our customer support teams, but are sorry to hear some of the functionality has not met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. Thank you, and have a great day!

Frustrating

Pros

I like the concept of what they are trying to do. I really believe there's a need for it and was sold from the beginning from the sales and marketing team who told me everything or software could do. Also their customer service is very good, they have a support team that gets back to you quickly which is always great, but I think they are overwhelmed.

Cons

I'm really not one to complain, but this experience has been very frustrating. Like trying to hang onto a greased pig. Especially trying to get to the root of the problem-- it's really difficult to do and feels like you have to fight to get real answers. For every camp or clinic we post, there seems to be some bug that customers can't figure out. And I can't help but feel that the upper...

Thanks for your review Brett and we are sorry about your experience using Upper Hand. You definitely hit some bugs as we transitioned into a new interface, and we'd love to show you the new platform after implementing your feedback.

Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side.

Pros

The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

Cons

On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating. There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates: 1. Easy attendee view from the calendar 2. Simple event check-in drawer 3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns 4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

Great

Scheduling is very easy to use in this software

Pros

The software has improved tremendously, and is a great tool for a baseball & softball training facility. The software is easy to use, and very user friendly.

Cons

The software needs to be tied to gift cards and the cash drawer. This is very important. Need better reports too. Inventory management - making inventory adjustments - needs to be easier.

Hi Brad, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you have seen improvements in our product over the past few years, and we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to meet and exceed the needs of your business! Have a great day!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.