Shopmonkey Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.21/10

Reviews by rating

They always get back to you in a timely manor and LISTEN. I love the ease of use and ability to move jobs around with ease.
We also appreciate the customer support which has been a huge asset in learning and navigating the software with ease. Communicating with customers has become easier with Shopmonkey.
Sm has make the connection from Customer>Administrative>Technician much more seamless. Our clients love the text reminders, professional quotes and ability to text us back with questions or comments.
The logic to integrate with Quickbooks is flawed for Canadian use. There is no way to process warranties that shows a zero dollar amount for the customer without applying a discount.
I don't thin there could be one thing that is bad about this software compared to all others.
Of course, there is always something that is missing when you start using a software.

TS

Tinamarie S.

Super Satisfied

I feel so much more organized and that I am communicating with my customer properly.

Pros

Ease of use, I love that it transfers to Quickbooks, I can send estimates and invoices to my customers via email and text, and I like the different views so I can get an overall idea of going on in the shop at anytime. The other thing I love is the pricing matrix...this makes it so easy to charge what I need to without having to do any calculations on each ticket.

Cons

I wouldn't say I don't like anything...but I would like to see this tool allow me to send out emails to all my customers, invites and promotions. I would also like to see an application for the tool so that my guys can time in easier.

JE

Jonathan E.

Shopmonkey Embraces Modern Customer Service Standards

Love it! Can't stop talking about it. My wife and kids like it because I come home less stressed and exhausted, and earlier in the evening than before. They get to see me more, and have more of me when I am there because my workplace experience is so much better. Thank you Shopmonkey!

Pros

This is a tough one, but probably the feature I like most is the transparent, simple, clean, and professional way Shopmonkey allows you to communicate with your customers. Their system saves us time in communication, which means we can communicate better, more often, and still in less time than traditional ways of picking up a phone. Customers like being kept in the loop more, which means they call in less and feel more cared for. All in all, our customers are thrilled with the new software, and our shop office has never been more calm and available for them.

Cons

It has its fair number of glitches, but even then the development team is on it, and issues I raise flags about get addressed right away. This software is rapidly improving, so this doesn't bother me.

AP

Amy P.

Mixed reviews

It has really made things easier for our shop. Being able to start quote/estimates and carry them through all the way to the finished invoice is great. I love the appointment reminders and how easy it is to send estimates and invoices as well as get authorization for services.

Pros

Firstly, they have be best customer service. Any time I needed help with anything, they were quick to respond and if they didn't have the answer they got it for me right away. Professional looking invoices that are easy to read for customers. Search functions are great. They let you look up almost anything with a few key strokes.

Cons

The price is the tough to swallow. We are a Canadian company being billed in American dollars. The exchange is killing us and making it even more expensive. The system is still really slow. I know they are working on fixes for it but some days it is so slow we can't use it. Labor rates, procedures and general vehicle information specs and other information isn't as great as they let on. There needs to be an easier function for that.

CW

Charles W.

Great customer service

Pros

Customer service, hands down. The software is relatively problem free but should you need help finding a feature or even adding one that wasn't there before this company is super responsive. Quick, accurate responses that save you time and money. Practical use is good, the ability to add canned services for commonly sold packages is great. They've recently added the ability to move line items between and within services - sounds small but anything that helps provide more clear communication w/customer is great and the SMS feature, with pictures, is great for that.

Cons

Like most automotive packages some tie in's don't work well - carfax (separate product that SM integrates with) has plenty of problems but that's the carfax product not SM. Same with the parts/labor lookup. Invoicing and reporting are not as feature rich as other platforms. Things like "sales tax" reports should be integrated into any invoicing package but SM does not handle tax well.

CC

Corey C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, self-employed

CARS

Any time I have had problems with the program, (and other business problems), Shopmonkey has been there to help either online and in many cases over the phone. They are always very helpful and I think they truly see us as a customer rather than just another number. They have done a great job of making us feel like part of their distant family (since they are on the west coast and we are in the mid west). ShopMonkey has earned my business, and as long as I can get through this pandemic and keep my shop open ShopMonkey will continue to be a part of it. Thank you everyone at Shopmonkey, and thanks for recognizing we are people just like you!

Pros

I like the ease of using the electronic repair orders and how it is linked right to my quickbooks and I can transfer the data to quikbooks in 1 simple click. Access to Recall, carfax, repair history, and other info, I don't use the feature at this time but the ability to link with suppliers and do so all through my program.

Cons

I have some trouble finding so things that I don't use alot being a small shop some of the features are a little more than I need, and I think the labor guide times are off a bit as I've compared them several time with another program, overall I plan to keep ShopMonkey as my preffered shop program because for the most part is is very simple and it is almost an all-in-one program

RH

RYAN H.

Automotive, self-employed

Shopmonkey software for wrenching Ryan’s auto repair

I definitely highly recommend shop monkey and also recommend pairing it with a system like identifix as well it’s a really good value for what your getting its a better value for larger shops with multiple bays and multiple employees

Pros

The ability to send and get estimates approved by cell phone and email

Cons

The payment system it takes two rolling business days to get payments from shopmonkey to my business account

FP

Frank P.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Shop Monkey is very easy to use in our auto repair shop.

We rolled out SM three months ago, moving from paper RO management to no paper. We did this with older non-computer using techs and everything went great. Not looking back at all, we left Aldata Manage. We now can do all shop operations and customer communication with ease. Text approvals and appointment confirmation come rolling in.

Pros

I'v used ADP, R&R, Alldata, Mitchel, and others..........Shop Monkey is the best interface and work flow by far. We love it. Amazing customer support.

Cons

Need a good CRM to manage and reach our customers list. Need to get the real World Pack order system connected.

GN

Gary N.

Working with the monkeys

copy and paste from 2 above , word to your mother . . . . .

Pros

The team on the intercom chat The team has always been MORE than helpful in helping me understand how to operate this system , no matter how big or small of a problem i was having . These 3 people stuck out to me in a BIG way, i am naming them in chronological order of my Shop monkey encounters [SENSITIVE CONTENT] Now i am NOT going to say these 3 people deserve a raise , because that would...

Cons

In my opinion , a " pay per feature " instead of the bundles packages . . . . . . . .i would buy more features TODAY , but the bundling is WACK

CS

Carmelo S.

Shopmonkey Rules!

With anything beginning takes a little time. However, it reminds me of a smartphone. Very intuitive regardless of if you come from an Android or Apple device you will figure it out!

Pros

Customers love this! Very thorough service -- and what I mean by that is you can offer a customer an experience like no other. Text msg, send pictures, and upload videos to a multi-point inspection report. In the year 2023, customers typically choose text msg communication over phone calls. It's a great tool!

Cons

I wish we switched sooner! Change is hard but this is one change we should of done sooner!

AS

Ashley S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software

Pros

I really love the way Shopmonkey is easy to use. I have tried many other shop management systems and NONE are as simple as this one. I truly love the carfax integration, it makes life so much easier, and although there are other shop systems that also have this feature, it definitely wasn't as easy to use as Shopmonkey. In fact I had issues trying to access the carfax information in other systems. I also love the payment terminal, its very modern and easy to use. I am beyond pleased with Shopmonkey.

Cons

There is nothing that I really dislike about Shopmonkey. If I must say, one thing that would work well with the software is adding the option to not only add customer information but also company information. Adding a customer or company switch when adding a new customer would work well here. For Example, as a shop manager I work with a lot of other shops and fix some of their vehicles adding them into Shopmonkey can get complicated because they don't go by first or last name which is required to add a new customer.

GH

Gloria H.

Rating by Gloria

Parts ordering, Quick Books(even though we no longer use QuickBooks), cloud option are all pros and I’m overall satisfied with Shopmonkey.

Pros

The ease and the simplicity of the interface.

Cons

I’d like to get the diagrams included in the plan that I have at no extra cost. Also, the credit card rate is a lot higher that the rate that I pay with Elavon Merchant Services. Customers paying via ShopMonkey is a lot more convenient, but the time that it takes to reach my bank is much longer than Elavon.

EH

Ellen H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Shop Monkey is USER Friendly~

We have had a GREAT overall experience! We were so nervous taking the leap because we have depended on our current program for ten years. So far we are not disappointed The customer service is OUTSTANDING! Within minutes I have an answer no matter how many questions I have a day!

Pros

We really liked how easy it was to navigate through the system, its really hard to mess anything up because there is so much availability to do things the way you feel comfortable with!

Cons

Just that there is not as much for Tractor and Trailer Repair as that as what we do, we took a leap doing it but has fit us just fine!

AJ

Alexander J.

A True Lifesaver

There are not enough words to describe what a great purchase it has been. It saved my business and my life.

Pros

Running a small Indy Euro/Performance shop is tough enough and ALLDATA Manage had me oon the brink of suicide because I couldn't effectively run my business.

Cons

I wish it would quote labor times from alldata and be able to order parts from ECSTUNING

sk

sam k.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Shopmonkey Review

10/10. Makes running and operating the business easy.

Pros

The ease of managing of work orders. Nice to look at and simple to navigate.

Cons

No easy customer follow up system. No way to request reviews from customers post service.

DC

Drew C.

Great Features, Excellent Support, Frequent updates

Quicker accounting processes. Less time spent on the computer, more time in the shop. Great for tracking employee hours.

Pros

I like how well the software 'flows'. It is pretty quick to learn and become efficient with. I especially like the support team. They are constantly listening to their customers and improving the software!

Cons

I currently don't have any cons. As with any business software, there are times when you have to adapt the software to your situation, but then any of the small things that I was bothered by end up getting addressed in a future update.

VV

Victoria V.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

The BEST decision our shop has made

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Shopmonkey!! One of the biggest game changers for us (but I didnt think this would be originally) is the chat/messaging feature with customers. Before SM, most of our conversations with customers would be via email. If customers were in a conversation with one staff member, other staff wouldnt be able to be caught up on everything going on if needed. Now, with...

Cons

It's not easy to use on mobile. They are coming out with an app but it's more for use by the mechanics. I wish it was easier to use on my phone.

AG

Ana G.

Amazing product

Customer service has been amazing. At first when I was inquiring about the software they answered all of my questions . They were upfront in regards to there diagrams and schematics. Hopefully in the future they will be able to update there program to update the transmission side of the programming.

Pros

I love this product because it works well with quickbooks. Able to set up inventory, vendors, reports etc. Takes sometime in the beginning to get rid of products you do not need but once it is running its good. If you have a automotive shop has everything. Also there stripe payment system for cards is also really good. I see when payment is in transit usually takes 2 business days but am able to have an accurate account of the money also. Extremely User friendly. Time clocks, inspections, able to send info to customer etc.

Cons

The one feature I wish they would or could improve in is the transmission side . Not enough preloaded data or procedure for transmission. Need to pay all data to get schematics on units or procedures. That is the only down fall.

DL

Dimitri L.

We love Shopmonkey

We LOVE it. Shopmonkey has increased our productivity and organization in the shop.

Pros

We like the novelty of the software. The software we were using was old-school and not too user friendly. Shopmonkey is user friendly and anyone can learn it simply by navigating through it and/or watching a few YouTube videos. We also love that we can send our customers messages when we create their appointments and reminders. We noticed that we have less no shows after using this feature. Our...

Cons

The mileage being required before printing an invoice. Basically not allowing us to print an invoice if we didn't input the mileage out. It is a big liability if we forget to enter the mileage out.

DD

DANIEL D.

Automotive, self-employed

All Your shop management needs in this amazing , cloud-based software

I was impressed at the screen shots of the Graphical User Interface and jumped in the free trial. I am extremely pleased that the actual use of the software beat my expectations in terms of functionality and support. The ability to access all of my shop data from anywhere with an internet connection is awesome. The GUI is not cluttered and easy to navigate while still maintaining a vast amount of available features. The ability to go from start to finish (from appointments to payment collection) in one, easy to use application has saved me from frustration and headache and allows me to convert my time normally spent doing clerical work into shop productivity. THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS OUTSTANDING!!!

Pros

Being able to create CANNED services, and the different ways to keep customers informed via text/email are cruxes for me. Creating and saving CANNED services saves valuable time, and simplifies creating work orders and estimates/invoices. One thing I used to hear customers say a lot about shops and companies is, "I would just like a phone call or SOMETHING to keep me informed." ShopMonkey solved that for me. I LOVE that the software is ACTUALLY as easy as it looks, to use.

Cons

Outside integration of other card readers (such as Square for example) would be greatly appreciated. The upfront cost of having to purchase a card reader and pay a monthly service fee on top for integrated payments is a big turn-off for me when I already have a card reading service. I would consider perhaps a service where the ShopMonkey card reader can be "leased to purchase" with monthly payments. I.e. $35 a month for 12 months for the card reader and service is more manageable, especially for small, brand-new businesses.

MM

Mike M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Our Jeep & Offroad Shop Loves ShopMonkey & Their Support Team!!

We used to spend time doing every invoice by hand. Pre-canned services sped up our operation so we can focus on the customer and not have to do every estimate or invoice, line by line. We probably saved 3-4 hours a day of working in our old system by switching to Shop Monkey. Time is money when you run a fast paced shop like ours.

Pros

We love the responsive design of the application. We can use it from a computer, iPad, iPhone, etc with all the same features. It loads fast and its easy and intuitive to use. The UI is well thought out. The work flow module allows us to quickly see where any Jeep is in the process once it's in our system. Shop Monkey's support team, especially Vashi, is AWESOME! They respond within seconds of us opening a chat window and they are always super helpful!

Cons

I can't really say anything negative other than it doesn't allow you to plug in Paypal as a payment method.

SC

Shaun C.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

20 Years I.T. Developer Now Owner Of Classic Auto Restoration Shop

It is great pipeline and project management functions, with all the key functions of business and accounting operations baked in. We can see what projects are in the various pipelines of production, and techs can pick away at the jobs lined up in their queue. With the integration to Intuit, this is a killer software for gearheads who don't want to be sitting in front of a computer doing the mundane and boring side of business. Turn more wrenches... Make loads of $$$

Pros

Fast, Simple, and features business owners, and project managers would kill to have. Nothing out there compares to ShopMonkey. I was on the verge of making my own software for our new Classic Auto Restoration Company, but then found ShopMonkey. It's like they downloaded all of my desired features of shop management software from my brain and built it just for me. Now I can just build badass cars and trucks and let ShopMonkey do the rest!!

Cons

Hard to find as Ashot and his team are constantly one step ahead of what our needs are. Keep up the great work!!

JC

Joseph C.

A trained monkey...

Shop Monkey went to the source for solving problems. Shops! With all that is required for managing a multiple bay, multiple tech shop, Shop Monkey took the time, and they still take the time, to engage with their client base to learn from their users. They are continually making a better, more streamlined product that a trained monkey could learn to use.

Pros

If you can set up and manage a social media page....then you can set up and manage a Shop Monkey page. It is very user intuitive. Shop Monkey has always been lightning fast with replies to concerns, questions or recommendations from users. It is seamless to assess reports and send them to Quick Books or to our CPA. Tracking sales, profit margins and an ability for our tech's to use it as well are all only added benefits.

Cons

Honestly....(Not getting paid from Shop Monkey, and yes, I am a real user), there is very little that I don't like about the software.

RR

RYAN R.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Fantastic work order & customer management software for your shop!

Shopmonkey's customer service is stellar. Their development team is always very fast to respond to any request, and is actively updating it with new value-add features with good frequency. It's been great to work with them so far as I transition my shop to their platform. Customers are loving it, and I am much more organized! I surveyed 8 separate applications/web tools to manage my shop, and chose Shopmonkey above the others in almost every function I needed. I guarantee you will not be able to find a tool with as many features, with anywhere web-based access, that works as well as this does.

Pros

As someone that has a significant IT and process improvement background, I have a lot of appreciation for Shopmonkey's style of managing work and customer communication. I received countless compliments from customers as I moved them over to this platform. They really appreciate how transparent the entire work order process is for them, from the initial quote all the way to receiving a paid invoice. This app allows me to run my shop almost entirely paperless, with the exception of vendor invoices :).

Cons

I would like to see an iphone/android app that functions as well as the web interface. The design of the interface is beautiful on an iPad Pro, Laptop, Desktop, etc, but is too large to reasonably use on smaller devices. That said, my entire shop is run on larger devices so that poses little problem to me, unless I'm out and about, and need to login to view work order information without my iPad. More of a request for development to improve usability than a con.

ae

angela e.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

shopmonkey is the key to running a smooth shop

shopmonkey is a little guardian angel of software

Pros

from online invoicing and updating the customers about the repair every step of the way that feature alone saves my mechanics time by not being on the phone all day . The parts inventory is so useful tracks every item for you I could go on and on about this software its amazing everybody that needs a all in one software for invoicing should try this

Cons

schematics for heavy duty would be nice

KM

Kristina M.

Changed our business!!

I LOVE the fact that we finally look professional!!! I love hearing the positive feed back from our customers on all levels, from the appointment reminders, to the email final receipts so we are not wasting paper! I love that I have been able to close my waiting room during this COVID -19 pandemic and do all customer contact over the web. I was even able to send a customized message with the message tab letting our customers know how we are conducting business at this time. Just so many cool things I love about this program and so EASY to use!!

Pros

That we can email, text and have customers authorize directly from their phone or email. The layout is so nice and easy to see. Love that I can just type in a style of a car and it shows me all we have worked on, in case I have forgotten a customer name. Just so many great features!!!

Cons

Nothing really, I was running on a hand written system that had the potential of having so many clerical and addition errors with my husband adding things up on his own.