Instagram Logo

Instagram

Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

Instagram Reviews

4.7

4.7K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.05/10

Reviews by rating

Easy integration with other social networks allows for greater reach through sharing. The possibility of interacting with people through stories is amazing and fast.
The statistics are useful for seeing my outreach in the community and I've made connections with people I wouldn't have otherwise met if it weren't for my business, so I am very grateful for that.
Instagram is a great platform to extend your reach, socialize as well as follow others who inspire you. I love that you can post almost anything and there is potential to build a brand for yourself.
Mod bot blocks some uploads inappropriately and without an option to dispute. There are a lot of spam accounts that either pretend to be someone or represent a business that they are not.
If the Instagram app has been deleted accidentally from your phone, you may run the risk of losing your account which happened including all photos posted.
Instagram adverts are everywhere and sometimes are annoying. Instagram does not work well with unstable Internet connection.

4,788 reviews

Elena S.

Therapist

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Instagram Review: Use Their Analytics.

Transcript

Speaker 1: I'm Elena. I am a clinical support specialist. The size of my company is five people, and...

SG

Sharilee G.

Director

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Instagram Review: Research The Best Way To Use It.

Transcript

Sharilee G.: Hi, my name is Sharilee and I am the director of the Discovery Family Coalition and My Discovery...

Abbas Yusufzai K.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Instagram.. Let others have a glimpse of your life..

I spend quite a good portion of my me time surfing Instagram alsmost every day. It's very useful to have a platform dedicated to exhibiting or sharing our pictures and short videos, which are usually accompanied by small captions. I prefer Instagram also because of the face that it doesn't have that much political content that we see on FB or twitter.

Pros

Instagram, in my opinion, is the best platform to connect with the rest of the globe. Instagram currently has a high number of users, owing to the fact that it is a simple and effective way to communicate with others. Not only is Instagram quickly evolving, but it has also been releasing new features that are quite spectacular, such as IGTV, highlights, reels, and other features that have been a huge success. It also helps freelancers and content creators to earn money for their work.

Cons

Instagram for most people becomes addictive, and they end up spending way more time on it. Also it shows a lot of ads but that is ok as this is what keeps it free for public.

Keziah M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Great app for both personal and business use

Although Instagram only functions well when you have a good amount of data or a reliable and stable internet connection. I love this software and I find it very easy to use and convenient for both individuals or companies.

Pros

Now there are many things that I love about Instagram like how Global it is, you can make as many friends as you want from different parts of the world, its easy to use, Visual, and on top of it all it's free. I love the Live feature that allows us to go live from where we are, the new Reels feature is another love for us, though the time is too short for us it allows us to share short videos of our company and people can get to know more about the work we do as well as see our students in action. From a personal level I love the new " close friends" feature because you can now post stuff that you only want close friends to see without anyone else seeing the post.

Cons

What I least like about the software is that the web version is soo basic and you cannot do much using it. They could make it better if it would function the same way as the phone app.

VJ

Vinit J.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Instagram

Instagram are very useful they some actor and fans are connected their and they meet in video call and chat . Instagram are providing sacrifice facts,jobs alert and janral knowledge quiz provide

Pros

Instagram are connected people and they are mostly people are like because they are sharing memes,reel, post, photos.and they connect easily people

Cons

Instagram are make new friends and they are connected each other and they are give daily news update and instagram new update are very good they provide channels group

Srishty P.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

ID:sriishtypaI - Instagram Suspended My account without any reason- Worst Experience

ID: sriishtypal - i was happy before now i am surprised by the fact that instagram can suspend any account without any reason.

Pros

ID: sriishtypal - I was in love with this app, i was posting my daily life, that is just like my memories. I have this account from 2015, its been more than 7 years , i can scroll and see myself how i was in 2015 than in 2016 and where i went, so its my photo journal. do you have nay idea how much i am attached with my gram. i can not sleep and tbh i am addicted to see how people are so creative, you feel to grow like them, you get motivation from them , your learn new things , you learn about the world, so its a overall package for me. my life my gram.

Cons

ID: sriishtypal - Now i am frustrated with the fact, that my account got suspended without any reason, i never ever violated any committee guidelines, i never comment on other profiles, i never use bad words on other profiles, i never take money from the client where i am not able to deliver. i always say no when i am not able to work for clients because of my busy schedule. but then also my account...

MA

Mohamed A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

review of instagram

overall, its a wonderful app that can allow to gain a lot of different videos and pictures in little time so I really admire .

Pros

I like a lot about his easy way in order to see all videos and pictures in the same time . also , can allow volume so that you can continue surfing more.

Cons

I need to be the chat on this app must be updated and be more common.

MY

Mahmoud Y.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Review in using Instagram

Mostly it was useful and amusing in same time for adding posting , editing pictures and chatting with users also in came commercial use I can find good promotions and offers.

Pros

Photo Editing was most likely to me as in simple steps I find magic in pictures and it seems as edited by professional photographer

Cons

Chatting as I would to use it as separate not involved in same App

DK

Dharmendra K.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Instagra Story and friends

Instagram is very good, I use it daily and all the time.

Pros

I really like watching reels or photos or chatting with friends or I also post my photos or friends like me because I am on Instagram.

Cons

If any person posts wrong things on Instagram, I don't like him at all or if someone makes a fake ID and posts wrong things, I don't like him at all.

ED

Eugene D.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Not just a photo app, IG is a powerful sales and marketing tool

Overall this is one of if not the best application out there in terms of marketing, promoting, and selling products online.

Pros

IG's popularity and direct integration with Facebook allows us to bring our products in front of customers that are ready to buy and quickly convert potential customers into existing ones. The interface is easy to use and has many powerful features.

Cons

Advertising cost is not cheap and IG could do a better job with access to customer service.

BW

Bhoomika W.

Computer Software, self-employed

Coolest app I’ve ever been using

Its innovative features enhance productivity, providing a satisfying and efficient experience for users.

Pros

Cons

It’s security of the account privacy and communication via chatting makes an impact in one’s life.

DS

Danielle S.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

I really like Instagram because it's easy and quick to use.

Wonderful and very productive, fast and easy to use, it makes my work a lot easier on a daily basis.

Pros

The reach, real time communication, all the tools are sensational and easy to use.

Cons

I don't really like exploring when i lose the last access page, I don't know to retrieve the last news on the page.

aa

anas a.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A comprehensive review of the Instagram application

A great experience, I use Instagram every day Most of my time on my phone is I spend on Instagram This exceeds the 7-hour barrier of daily use I hope that the developers of the Instagram application prefer this way and do not tend to obstruct the design, as happened with Snapchat previously, because I was one of the active users of Snapchat in the past, but with the update in which the design of the application changed significantly, I am no longer the best so I moved to Instagram and it was a great experience to the cheek now with Instagram

Pros

Instagram has many features, so in general it is an integrated application for me. I use it almost the entire time I open my phone But the features I like most of it All my friends and acquaintances use the application, so I can communicate with almost everyone from one platform and this is a very beautiful thing And the advantage of sending a picture that the other party can see only once, and then it cannot open the image, and the most beautiful of this is that if he takes a screenshot of the image, an alert appears to me.

Cons

I think if I had an alert feature added, if someone took a screenshot of the conversation it would be better for my experience What is bad is that users are not allowed to send a video in the chat that lasts more than a minute. If it reaches 3 minutes, this will be better from my point of view.

Abbas K.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Instagram.. Its fun to share your moments with family and friends.

I use Instagram almost everyday for quite a bit of my free time. Its good to have a platform desicated to Picture and short video sharing, usually with small captions. Also what I love the most about it is the fact that you don't get too much political posts here like other social media platforms.

Pros

Instagram is a good space to connect with your friends and share your photos and short videos with them or see what they've uploaded. You can also share long videos on Its IGTV features. It also give you the ability to go live with friends or share stories with them that disappear after 24 hours of upload. It has a huge user base and you get a lot of celebrities and influencers here to follow and get...

Cons

It shows a lot of ads. Also sometimes you get so indulged in scrolling down that you lose track of time and end up spending more time on it.

Shahryar K.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Instagram.

Instagram is the primary social media paltform that I mostly use now a days. I use it majorly to see the pictures and short videos of friends and family and get a glimpse of thier daily life, especially those who are living far away.

Pros

Instagram is amoung the most popular social media applications. It is primarily a photo sharing app, though you can also share text and videos posts on it. It also allows you to share stories with your friends, that unlikely regular posts disappears after a day. You can also avail Instagram Messenger to send messages to your insta contacts and allows you to unsend your messages whenever you want. It offers a lot of filters to apply to your photos along with a lot of other photo editing tools. You can share and watch long videos on its InstagramTV feature. Apart from socializing, Instagram is also widely used by entrepreneurs and big brands equally to expand their business and reach to mass audience.

Cons

Instagram hosts a lot of interesting content due to which sometimes a person indulge too much in it that he loses track of time while scrolling through it.

SM

Shar M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Our choice social media platform on an uneven playing field

Instagram will always be our go-to. It's accessible and has many features to keep content interesting. Personal I love it but professionally I wish Instagram had an even playing field for organizations that want to increase engagement and stay relevant.

Pros

We love instagram! It's an easy way to share mental health resources, important educational content, messages of hope, organization promotion, videos, etc. We love that content can be easily shared between users and through other social platforms. Recently we've been using IG lives and that method has increased our engagement.

Cons

The algorithm is always changing. Features like likes, shares or saves switch and you never really know which one is most important. It's difficult to have a social media plan to increase engagement when Instagram isn't consistent in what they feature at the top of the page or on the FYP "For your page." The IG Live feature needs some work. I wish there was a feature to set the live to private to settle all the players before setting the video to live. That awkward couple of minutes waiting for people to hop on or invite members is weird. Also, what does it take to get verified. We've tried multiple times and we can't seem t get through. There isn't any support for small non-profits that want to make a difference.

AA

Andile A.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Instagram Is Not Just Pictures And Videos

In overall, with the advertising feature that's there, I have able to advertise my book that I had written and had many people going to purchase it amazon kindle. I am able to reach out to friends from all over the world, including long lost friends whose contact numbers I had lost.

Pros

I like that you can connect with the world at large, being able to create a community of people you have never met in person but share common interests and appreciating what one posts, leaving a comment and liking. I love the tag feature that has no restrictions at all, the person you tag to a post will receive a notification that they were tagged. You can easily tag famous people like Dwayne Johnson and they will see it, its now up to them to react and show that they have seen it. Moreover, Instagram now allows one to advertise their products and services through posting, and the post appearing to people that don't even follow you. That is a great tool for marketing.

Cons

I hate the impact Instagram has on people. It is not just posting pictures and videos but it has become more intense, people are starting to seek validation on the platform, validation from people they know nothing about, feeling like they are important because they have more likes or have a blue check. It s really taking a stroll on mental health and I am speaking form experience. Spending hours and hours to scrolling, looking at "beautiful" people, lives you wish you had and you start feeling insignificant, low self esteem, loss of self worth. I hate how people ridicule those that do not like that app for these reasons, making them feel like they are boring people. We need to take care of our mental health. this is just a con but I don't think it's the software's fault.

LV

Lena V.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Instagram for Small Business Networking

Instagram is great for small businesses. I originally thought Instagram was for sharing personal content, but once I realized that you can market your business on there, I joined immediately. It is so easy to post content to share with your desired audience. I don’t have to worry about spending money to advertise to people that are not in my area or demographic. It is easy to track my ads, my post interactions, and my conversion rates through the analytics. The cost for ads and promotions is relatively cheap compared to other social media platforms and gives a lot of customization to give the best suited options for my business. I highly recommend Instagram, it has really helped me connect with my customers and grow my business.

Pros

I like that I am able to share my media and create ads and promotions that are special specifically for my business.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of dislikes, but the financials could be better.

Evelyn F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Not as good as it should be having such a big users community.

Instagram is both good and bad at the same time. It does provide a channel to deploy information and advertisement, but it does no offer clear rules to do it. The new argued "inclusive" guidelines of their working algorithm foster or not the distribution of your publications, then, many of your followers will or won't see what you have to show.

Pros

Does have a lot of active users worldwide. It allows integrating with platforms like Facebook. The app is fairly simple to use

Cons

Does not have defined game rules The algorithm shows your content or hides you despite your follower's amount but their interest. The customer service is a shame, it is almost no existent.

js

javoun s.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1,000 employees

the best and highly recommended platform

I can reach a wider audience through Instagram I can easily promote product for others to see easy uploading of photos videos great for business user.

Pros

the product is easy to use especially for my small business whenever I upload a photo the app make it easy for others to see its a great app for sharing business photo and video and also promote them with followers and friends over the world..

Cons

there isn't anything I dislike about the app even thou in everything there is always ways of improvement

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

InstaEverything

I have had a great overall experience with Instagram being able to share my thoughts, ideas, and time with others that I love. Being able to connect is great and being able to have a collection of your memories in one spot is amazing! A lot of fun to reminisce. I have many friends who have used Instagram as a platform for their voices as well as products and have had a lot of success using this application. Instagram has given me a profitable photo album.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that you’re able to share anything, search anything, and connect with just about anyone. This application has brought together not only people, but the visual representation of their experiences within their lives as well.

Cons

What I like least about this software is a large issue when it comes to the internet alone. There are a vast array of people on the site which means some comments may not be so nice. I believe if you stray from negative profiles and people, there isn’t much to worry about as with almost any program.

Hiran T.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

A quality feeds and stories with a stable user platform.

The standardization of the quality of the posts and stories are great with loaded of built-in features like filters, stickers and many more which keep this social media platform quality and fun.

Pros

In posting the pictures and videos various built-in cool filters are available to apply. Can switch the app theme from light mode to dark mode. Login activity option helps the user to check their login history from various location. Instagram stories are loaded with the various filter which makes stories more fun and interesting. Also, Instagram stories have close friends option where the user can create their own list of friends who can view their Instagram stories. Instagram search feed is loaded based on the user relevant interests which is don't keep boring. Following particular hashtags keep the user following their interests. Good responsive for reporting sensitive content and posts. The user can switch their profile from public to personal and open to lock based on their wish.

Cons

The Instagram website version is not as stable as the mobile version. Instagram consumes more internet data. Instagram should control the adult contents which may increase interests in adultery. Although the platform is great but addictive. The stories and posts are great but sometimes ads are irritative. The support team need to increase response time in resolving the issue.

NN

Nawal N.

E-Learning, self-employed

Bitter sweet experience with Instagram

We put a lot of efforts into our accounts. I have a food account and a language account and I dedicate a lot of time to enrich them in order to help others. Now, I worry one day Instagram will decide my account is restricted for no reason. I am seriously considering slowing down on my use of Instagram and switching to youtube.

Pros

It is practical, easy to use, fun and very interactive. You do not need to have a computer to use Instagram, I use my phone to upload most of my posts and to keep my feeds constant.

Cons

1. It would be great to be able to reorder our posts as we want. One of my instagram accounts has educational content and sometimes I prefer to reorder the post. I know there are other apps that can be integrated to Instagram for that purpose. However, I am a busy person and believe in practicality. I do not want to be relying on other apps. I love Pinterest because of that. I can organize my posts...

WA

Williane A.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Very interactive and easy to use.

Instagram is an excellent platform for personal and business use. It went from simple photo publishing software to advertising and promotion software, from real life and business. Full of user and own content, with interactive and fun tools, which you can take with you wherever you want, as it is a mobile app that fits in the palm of your hand and pocket, in addition to bringing you closer to those you love, friends, and meeting people close to you and distant, in addition to approaching that favorite artist if you want too.

Pros

Instagram has interesting and fun filters available when uploading images, this is good for low quality images or to improve quality. The option of light and dark mode that Instagram has is very attractive. Historys become a lot of fun thanks to the various filter options and with the option to add sounds and music, as well as the option of close friends, I can create my own list of friends from whom...

Cons

For better quality of use, only by the mobile app. The web version of Instagram is more unstable, has few functions and is not as interactive as the mobile version. It is of good use in wifi networks but with mobile internet it consumes a lot of data. The stories and posts are great, but sometimes the ads are annoying. It would be nice if you had the option to edit / delete the first photo, since unfortunately you either have to delete everything or post all the stories again. Some images uploaded when viewing, end up being cropped by Instagram if it doesn't fit the required size, not allowing the image to be published completely.

RY

Rap Y.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Instagram is overall a beneficial app though it has some flaws.

Overall Instagram has been beneficial, I've made lots of friends and respectful people. I can communicate quickly with my friends, I can promote my business to my audience and I probably wouldn't have gotten any sales if it wasn't for Instagram. There have been some unpleasant experiences on the app but I don't think they outweigh the good.

Pros

- I like that it's somewhat easy to reach an audience given that you have useful/good content, use tags etc. - It's easy to communicate with friends and you can have privacy (to a high extent). -It can be a good way to promote your business too - It allows me to find a community I belong in and make new friends. - I appreciate them allowing users to add pronouns - I like that you don't need 10,000 followers to share links on your story now - Most of the new features are awesome, though I can't use some yet - It's nice that you can limit who can message you, you can hide your story and mute people

Cons

- When people are harassing you, (giving you death threats or sharing hateful content for example) and you report it, Instagram basically says it's fine behavior and does nothing about it. - I wish they had a feature where you could mute or block certain posts with keywords from showing up in your feed like you can on twitter. - If you make an additional account, Instagram will send some people from your previous account a notification asking if you know the person which is a bit worrisome especially if someone wanted to separate a business profile from their personal. - They don't always show your posts to your followers, they're more focused on reels right now

Accounting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Instagram - a great app for all types of people.

Overall I really enjoy using Instagram, it is a great app full of lots of cool and useful features that is able to improve your social life, market and promote your business and even just keep you entertained for hours. I enjoy using the Insights feature to see how well my promotions and posts are doing and to see which ones need work. I would like for Instagram to add in a report hacked account button just to make it safer for all. This is definitely an app I would recommend.

Pros

Being able to go live at any moment is really great, it has helped me gain a lot of new followers and also promote my brand which led to an increase in my productivity and social life. I especially like how Insights is able to show me exactly how many interactions my post has had and how many users decided to view my profile based on interest in my post. It also shows me how many skipped and from that I am able to realize I need to improve on my content or brand.

Cons

I really dislike how fake accounts are able to easily access Instagram and spam you with messages and links to try to hack your account. I feel like Instagram can greatly improve on this type of security that's needed to prevent this or at least give us the option to report a hacked or stolen account and freeze it till it can be reviewed.

ML

Mark L.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Great for getting your company known

Whilst high Instagram foot traffic does not directly lead to high sales, the ability to market yourself as a person rather than a faceless company is often crucial in freelance work. As a result, even personal posts on Instagram are helpful when growing a brand image although ultimately impact will be determined by the quality of the content.

Pros

Instagram represents the apex of the era of social media influencing we are currently in. Instagram can boast one of the largest user bases of all of the social media apps. As a freelance writer the ability to put my work out on a platform with high foot traffic has been critical to attracting new customers. Growth on Instagram is no doubt exponential and has a huge potential to introduce your business to new customers. The UI is effortless to manage and with the "infinite scrolling" archetype any post on Instagram you make also has the potential to be recommended to those outside of your follower base, reaching new customers.

Cons

Instagram'd "infinite scrolling" archetype both is its greatest strength but also its weakness. With the high number of posts on Instagram everyday there is potential for a post that appears uninspired or lacks creativity to be disregarded by the majority of Instagram's users. As a result, each post whilst easy to post requires good quality content and eye catching material in order to even be noticed by some people. There is also n increasing number of spam bots and hacker son Instagram- account security is critical and you must ensure you are vigilant to prevent your amount being compromised.