Rain POS

All-In-One Retail POS | Sell Online & In Store Seamlessly

visit website

Rain POS Reviews

Pros

In the beginning support was good and they really seem to care about helping your business grow. Now they want to add stuff that I don't need and keep raising the price.

PM

Patricia M.

Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help.

ML

Max L.

First line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled.

DE

Daniel E.

Cons

Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

RN

Roger N.

Unable to add shipping charges to individual items that are bulky.

RM

Rebecca M.

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

NC

NATE C.

How would you rate Rain POS?

very good company to work with

Transcript

Carolyn I.: Hi, my name is Carolyn. I'm the president of a music school. I'd like to give Rain POS a...

review

I no longer complete paper tickets for customer purchases and then need to summarize for taxes. At the end of a vending sale day, I know how we did with the push of a button.

Pros

end of day Reports and access to information about my inventory

Cons

lack of reports that can help with inventory report submissions to the state

Control your Business

We have found using the employee time clock to be most useful.

Pros

Knowing what your inventory is. To be competitive in today’s world, on line sales are a must.

Cons

Integration was time consuming as we had a large inventory to start. The more we learn about the software the happier we are.

Great POS

We have been with Rain POS from the beginning and the improvements have been great. Customer service is very good. Very pleased overall.

Pros

Very easy to use and get employees up to speed quickly. Lots of features to improve sales and inventory control.

Cons

All the features can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you start with the basics, its easy to add additional features as you go along.

Vendor to Point of Sale

Overall I am really happy we chose to use Rain POS and build a website. It keeps track of my customer's history of purchases and makes returns simple.

Pros

I love that Checker Distribution & United Notions are integrated with Rain Retail. Also, Brewer and others. That made it so much easier for me to build a website around my retail business.

Cons

I have had issues with items and categories being duplicated.

Rain's Products and Customer Service

I had a website in the past that the point of sale disconnected two maybe 3 times each week. It was a nigtmare.

Pros

What I like best about Rain's website software is how easy it was/is for me to learn.

Cons

I like the extra things I get for my website with the marketing package, but most of what the package does for me has not worked and they keep trying to make it work and it does not.

A lifesaver during COVID-19

Relatively easy to implement and the support staff helped with all the snags along the way.

Pros

Rain and the integration with Reverb was the number one factor in our ability to stay in business in 2020 and going forward.

Cons

Some updates can be slow to roll out and these can be on critical issues.

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Pros

Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons

Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

Rain Software

I have had a very good experience with Rain Point of Sale.

Pros

This product is very user friendly and makes it possible to change or add things with ease. Customer service is always friendly and helpful.

Cons

The word processor can be a problem when trying to change font sizes.

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

Pros

its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Cons

none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

Brought new life to my store!

Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pros

Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Cons

The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

Great!

Pros

Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Cons

It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

RAIN Review

Generally Positive. Going into a year of use, we are running up against some feature and programming weaknesses, particularly on the accounting side.

Pros

Interface, ease of use

Cons

It is not as strong on accounting as I would like. There are errors propagated through voided transactions which inaccurately influence the reports and sometimes even customer balances.

So happy I started using Rain!

Love it! Love the customer support I receive whether I call or email. Very helpful and patient staff!

Pros

It was very easy to install/set up, especially with help from the set up team. I use it daily and can easily do transactions and input new products, or change information on existing products.

Cons

I wish the monthly payment was a little less :)

Great at some things, not great at other things

Generally okay. first line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled. Developers are jerks.

Pros

integrated POS and e-commerce website. web based makes it functional on any computer type. RTO module is nice.

Cons

Special Orders/Purchase Orders/Receiving Orders is grossly deficient. Reporting is not great. Prominent bugs in website text in regard to special characters. Lacks flexibility in some of the website design options. No rotation option for product photos. Label printing is terrible. No dimension option for shipping calculations.

Rain POS for Retail Quilt Store

Overall, the experience has been very good. Implementation was easy and the support was excellent.

Pros

Most features in this software are easy to use. I liked how easy the system was to set-up.

Cons

There do seem to be some 'bugs' with inventory levels as from time to time there are errors.

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

Pros

Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

Cons

Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Like Sew Website Long Time User

The customer service is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] help with every problem or question I have ever had

Pros

Each upgrade and added function has been beneficial to my business

Cons

Need more flexibility with the slideshow

Pros

putting products on the website was easy but switching where they go throughout the website is not

Cons

changing it sometimes it can be difficult to change the website.

Good

Pros

In store and online use. If someone buys something in store it is automatically removed from the website.

Cons

Unable to add shipping charges to individual items that are bulky

Great seamless system with Web and POS

Pros

Customer Tracking Inventory Tracking Website Managment Integration with inventory for POS and Web

Cons

Hard to discuss timelines with customers Not a lot of development time to accommodate every enhancement request

Great Point of Sale Software

Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pros

The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Cons

Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

Would recommend to other retailers

They've been great partners with us.

Pros

I love that they're always improving it and take our input.

Cons

I can't think of anything. I really like what I've used.

Rain Retail

It has been fabulous!

Pros

It is easy to learn and us, but mostly the fact that I have such great support!

Cons

We have really had no problems to speak of, all our questions are easily answered.

Rain Retail Works Well for Periwinkle Quilting

As a day to day POS system it works well for us.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to implement. Good support.

Cons

Accounting features could improve. Sales screen has a few deficiencies that make it easy for staff to create fraudulent transactions.

A lifesaver during COVID-19

Pros

Reverb.com integration saved my business during COVID-19

Cons

Some bugs can take a bit long to get sorted out but the team was very responsive