Webflow

The responsive website builder for professionals

Webflow Reviews

Pros

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of.

Rebecca W.

Daniel W.

Webflow is super powerful and we recommend all our clients to transition to Webflow from WordPress. It's so much easier to use and maintain and the CMS is class-leading.

Matt B.

Cons

The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that. Danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates.

Daniel W.

This is a web-based client and not downloadable software, so that gets a bit annoying if I accidentally close a window. Tutorials on the website also need to be update to match the current version.

Kayleigh B.

There customer service is non-existent, I had numerous situations where there was a bug or I was stuck and there was literally no way of solving it.

Sophie W.

Webflow is a gamechanger for allowing marketing teams to control their website

Transcript

Alan C.: Hi, my name is Alan. I'm a growth manager and I give Webflow five out of five stars. For more...

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow. 1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing...

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next -The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields. -Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost. -The automation of multiple image sizes per view -Minifying scripts and code -Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop -Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new -Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself -Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

Making website updates take hours instead of days

Overall, I'm very happy with Webflow as it has all the features we need at an affordable price and allows us to make updates to our website in minutes or hours, not days like it did when our site was self hosted and hard coded.

Pros

The ability to use code where needed to add more custom elements to our website is really useful, especially inside posts. Collections allow us to use Webflow for our blog as well as the main marketing site. We can embed pretty much any third party content we want to including Calendly even scheduling, Intercom live chat, and more which helps us keep visitors on our website instead of sending them elsewhere.

Cons

It was a bit tricky to learn. There are a lot of moving parts and it's a very powerful tool, but this brings with it a lot of complexity. Someone probably needs to have some HTML/CSS experience to be able to effectively use Webflow in my opinion. If they don't have that experience, something like Weebly would probably be a better fit. However, the power and possibilites that Webflow provides us was well worth the learning curve.

Bad support and bugs

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not. I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support No support for multiple languages Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes) Bugs!!!!

Incredible Creativity Flexibility And Potential

My overall experience with Webflow has been nothing short of spectacular. The seamless integration of a no-code interface and the way Webflow writes code in the background is honestly a game changer for me. As a result of my limited coding ability, I was over-reliant on WordPress themes in the past but I would always need additional plugins to bring my ideas to life. As such my website would become increasingly bloated. Not having to worry about any of these issues is truly liberating and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision to transition to Webflow.

Pros

Webflow provides an incredible no-code user experience that has completely elevated my workflow! Everything is incredible well designed and implemented - from the WYSIWYG editor, to the fantastic Webflow University and the seamless deployment of code as you bring your website to life. Creating, maintaining and evolving my website/blog has never been more enjoyable and I finally feel as though I have total creative freedom! I recommend Webflow unreservedly.

Cons

Having used Webflow for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that I don't have any major concerns with Webflow. There are many website developers who undoubtedly require deeper functionality but I've not run into any issues that have prevented me from realising the goals for my website. Webflow is a fantastic tool and I'm honestly excited to see how they continue to grow and evolve the platform.

Great for clients to self manage

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!

Easy Website Creation Tool that allows complete customization.

Extremely positive. I've built a number of websites at this point, both for business and personal use, and they look so much better than anything on Squarespace and Wix.

Pros

The ability to create and complete customize a website pretty simply is the best part. I've used other "no-coding" website tools in the past and would get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to edit key parts of the design with out diving into the muddy code. Webflow allows you to have all the customization you'd find if building your website from scratch without all the coding. As a designer, who can code but prefers not to, Webflow is my preferred spot for building any website.

Cons

Some of the tools are hard to find. I've accidentally clicked things in the past and spent hours figuring out where I need to click to fix things. Finding solutions is also difficult at times. The forums aren't as extensive as other softwares that I've used.

The perfect tool for the non-coder web designer

I mainly use it to design simple one pagers, some landing pages, and sites that need active collaboration with the client.

Pros

You can achieve a lot with webflow, you are in control of every detail and have access to the last web layouts and visual effects.

Cons

I did not like the restrictions on what you can do in terms of performance, SEO, and custom modifications. If a project scales too much, webflow isn't a good alternative.

The visual web design solution for your startup/business

Coming from a typical CMS software for our website, Wordpress, the more visual approach of Webflow makes it a breeze to update our website.

Pros

As a Figma user, I like the way of working in a visual environment. To be able to do this for a website / blog is just great. The # of high quality templates available is also a big plus and made it very easy to finally update our website. We came from two Wordpress websites before and to start create a new version was always something left on the table, as it is too cumbersome to do. With Webflow I am sure keeping the website updated with what we do will be far easier than before.

Cons

Currently there are no real downsides. Sometimes I have a hard time fixing things as my html/css knowledge is rather limited, but this has little to do with Webflow itself. Figuring out how it works with their documentation at hand is easy to get past most obstacles.

Webflow user review

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning website

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work...

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love! I'm...

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code. Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

Best no-code website builder in the market

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc. Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

A promising alternative to Wordpress

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for: Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated. Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if...

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example. The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Webflow = Worth the Time

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pros

Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites. One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes. It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components....

Cons

It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project. Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful. The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

Really cool and different website platform

I've loved learning and using Webflow. I have deep experience in Wordpress and Squarespace, and moderate experience with Shopify, Wix and Weebly, and Webflow has been a completely different experience. I love how much you can do with it. They also have an awesome resource library to answer basically any question you could ever think up.

Pros

I love how customizable Webflow is, and how you can configure it to work for both technical and non-technical users. You can do so much without knowing any code, but you can also create endless customizations if you do know how to code. It's been a best of both worlds for our team.

Cons

The high point is also the low point -- we worked with a design agency to create our Webflow site, which created some gaps once we took control of the platform. It's so customizable that the daily users really need to be a part of the basic building blocks of the site from the very beginning, or you'll find yourself up against questions you can't easily answer unless you have an existing knowledge of how Webflow works. It's user-friendly for non-coders, but it is also too easy to mess with if you don't know what you're doing!

My Business Runs on Webflow

Pros

Webflow is literally the tool that I use most in my business. I use it every single day, and it is an integral part of what I do. The team at webflow is amazing, and they truly care about making the web a better place. The software is easy to use,​and extremely​ powerful.

Cons

There are some missing features, and it does take a while for the webflow team to get around to implementing them.

Webflow : the modern way to create for the web

Really impressed with Webflow and now I am a full-time Web designer and Webfow Developer thanks to this amazing platform, which opened new doors for me.

Pros

Easy to get started with and understand the nitty-gritty of the platform. Also the Webflow university courses and really amazing and help a lot even after the experience.

Cons

A couple of pre-made elements are missing in webflow that I would really love to see. A pop-up window and much more.

The most customizable no-code site builder platform for digital professionals

This is one of the best site and landing page builders out there. Although there is a slow learning curve, some drawbacks on the SEO side and heavy UX, overall i am happy with the service. I will continue to be their client, until something better comes up. So far, i don't see any serious competitor in the field of the website and landing pages builders for proffessionals. P.S. This software is almost impossible to use for a beginner. It's strictly targeted towards digital professionals with at least 1-2 years experience/

Pros

- The sandbox-like environment. - The code exporting - that was what got me on board. - Webflow university - most of the problems one faces, could be found in their "University".

Cons

- Very long learning curve for people who don't know HTML and CSS - Not that much SEO friendly. The process of SEO optimization is slow and you really have to know what you are doing. Other platforms have made this much easier.

A quick way to create clean code.

Webflow helps me to quickly create the frontend of websites graphically without coding, shows all the changes in real time, with its css and js drivers, can create animations quickly and very professional styles, is a excellent tool to make scalable projects, gives total freedom over the code, also its hosting has a great performance, includes the ssl certificate its integrated cms is quite easy to use.

Pros

Webflow is a web application that facilitates the creation of the frontend design of websites, what I like most about webflow is that it allows me to manage html css and js graphically, besides that the imported code is very clean, as if it was created through code, it does not add lines or unnecessary code, in addition you can also add half querys to ensure the responsive development of the page without coding, since it has in its graphic editor the possibility of modifying the design for smartphones and tablets, in the landscape and portrait position, another thing that I really like is that I do not need any installation to start using it, besides it is easily integrated with tools like google analytics.

Cons

Graphically you can not access to modify nested selectors, so it is always necessary to include a class, or otherwise add the css code manually, this is a problem for users of the free layer, since it does not allow them to download The code is also somewhat complex to use its line of learning is steep.

Webflow is a web designer's holy grail

My web design company can afford to support smaller businesses and non-profits, because our overhead is MUCH lower, now that we don't need to hire a development team.

Pros

Webflow has been a game changer. It allows you to develop a website in a visual way. Unlike Squarespace and Wix and the like, it's not a web builder. You actually use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to build the website. For designers, it's crucial, because you can design websites and forego hiring a developer to code it. Truly, Webflow has impressive functionality, and they're always improving.

Cons

I wish Webflow had the functionality for native e-commerce. Multiple languages, native forums, and chat functionality would also be nice. While you can integrate all of these features from external plug-ins, it would make the development process much smoother if these functions were native.

The future of website creation

So far so good. Haven’t had the site live yet but the creation process is pretty straight forward.

Pros

How custom you can make your site. How fast it loads. How professional it looks. Two clean way to edit your site

Cons

Has a learning curve but an AMAZING tutorial. I swear the tutorial is one of the best I’ve seen in the tech business. They are funny but yet informative. Usually you dread watching those videos but man they are awesome.