Webflow Logo
Webflow

Break down silos between marketing, design, and development

visit website

Webflow Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's super powerful, and the integrations that are available with the software are superb. Gives you endless possibilities.
If you are a designer and want to make your web design "live", this is the tool you need. Smooth learning curve (with help of an amazing knowledge base and a very active & supportive community).
Webflow is super powerful and we recommend all our clients to transition to Webflow from WordPress. It's so much easier to use and maintain and the CMS is class-leading.
The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that. Danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates.
This is a web-based client and not downloadable software, so that gets a bit annoying if I accidentally close a window. Tutorials on the website also need to be update to match the current version.
There customer service is non-existent, I had numerous situations where there was a bug or I was stuck and there was literally no way of solving it.

Webflow users...

Wix

Duda-logocaret
+ 2

Duda

How would you rate Webflow?

Alan C.

Content Marketing Manager

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Webflow is a gamechanger for allowing marketing teams to control their website

Transcript

Alan C.: Hi, my name is Alan. I'm a growth manager and I give Webflow five out of five stars. For more...

Webflow changed our web design business for the better!

Transcript

Megan M.: Hi, my name is Meg. I am a co-owner and COO. I would give Webflow five stars. And for more...

Clean and User-Friendly Web Builder

Love the results once I mastered the menus and customization options. My website is clean, precisely what I wanted, and has the look of a professionally designed site.

Pros

Tons of template options, easily customizable, variety of layouts and options per page and style

Cons

Learning curve in customizing existing headers/ footers for pages, some features easier to navigate than others

The perfect website builder for designer

In the end, I'm happy with Webflow. It's an amazing platform for designers, but it's definitely not enough for advanced website building. You can use it just for landing pages, personal blogs, portfolios, and local business websites. If you need advanced functionalities you need to hard code them (losing the benefit offered by the platform) or you need to chose a different platform.

Pros

The UX of Webflow and its functionalities are perfect for every designer that wants to approach web design. It empowers designers to build award-winning websites with granular control over the final output. The Webflow hosting is blazing fast, the code generated is clean and lightweight, and the CMS functionalities are great.

Cons

For a platform so good is incredible how many cons there are with Webflow: - it's not GDPR compliant, and they are actively and deliberately ignoring this issue - it doesn't have a multi-lingual system. You are forced to rely on third-party apps, that add a huge monthly cost for the maintenance of your website - the e-commerce side is incredibly weak compared to other players - the CMS is capped at...

Bad support and bugs

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not. I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support No support for multiple languages Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes) Bugs!!!!

Amazing Website Builder for Designers

We're currently a small team working on a product and we're not in a position to hire professional web developers to work on our website. That's where Webflow came to our rescue. The learning curve was there but over time, the nimbleness of the product helped us a long way.

Pros

The features I loved about Webflow are: 1. The website builder is so easy to use. 2. The guided demo when you get in the first time is top-notch. It got me acquainted with the interface exceptionally fast. 3. It has an easy to understand pricing plan. For someone who is new to websites, the plan allows you to clearly understand how pricing works. 4. The template library and component cloning features are majestically good. We've been able to deploy complex animations and components simply by cloning them through other templates. 5. Lastly, Webflow has an amazing community that comes up with answers faster than their support team.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike but: 1. The customer support could be faster, my empathetic and responsive. 2. If they could come up with a better way to optimise sites for mobile, it would be a gamechanger.

Quickly develop websites with minimum development knowledge and experience

The vocabulary and work process is very similar to what front-end developers have, so there's a bit of a learning curve but personally, I loved it for that.

Pros

I used most of the WP website builders in the past, and while they're really good, none of them has the capabilities of Webflow. There's a video tutorial for any questions you might have, and there's a good community who are willing to share. But at the end of the day, what makes it a lot more desirable than WP website builders like Elementor, is that it's very low-maintanance. You just make a website and it works with no problem, no matter how old it gets.

Cons

The pricing model is not the best for people who are not willing to constantly work with their website. It makes it more expensive for the small brick and mortar businesses to have a website, compared to other solutions in the market.

Core to our business and marketing efforts

Overall I love it and love finding other orgs that use webflow to help us get inspiration.

Pros

Super easy to build and manage things, even if you are not a technical person.

Cons

There are a few things that impact load time and the published vs. drafted pages would ideally have a better option to not publish all changes made.

Easy to use website development platform!

Pros

Webflow is really an amazing tool which made my work a lot easier while developing the website. It is very easy to use. It provides a wide range to free templates and a tons of free images that we can use. A non-technical person can also create and develop with for there own by using this software.

Cons

The only drawback using this tool is that they have minimal support with SEO part. They should focus more on the SEO part too.

Webflow is the best website builder!

Pros

Webflow is really great website building software, it works much better than other software. It offers you the chance to create a design as you want without knowing any code. If you know coding, it makes your job much easier.

Cons

Those who do not have coding knowledge may find it difficult at first. Mobile compatibility can be improved a lot.

Excellent at what it does

Steep learning curve, but definitely worth it when you get up and running.

Pros

Allows you to create very versatile, fast, and responsive websites.

Cons

Steep learning curve; but the tutorial videos were very helpful.

Solución perfecta para diseño de webs y landing pages

Muy buena solución

Pros

Entre todas los CMS para la creación de websites, Webflow es la número uno para nosotros. Creación de webs en poco tiempo. Gran variedad de plantillas.

Cons

Aunque se anuncia como una sencilla herramienta, requiere invertir tiempo en formación o contar con un profesional en webflow para hacer las cosas propiamente.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Build quick websites with advanced functionality

i was looking for a site builder which would be open enough to let us setup custom styled components and tweak prebuilt templates to our needs. And that it what Webflow has given us. Using a template as a starting point and building up from there.

Pros

The possibility of adding custom functionality into the current and prebuilt templates makes using Webflow super cool. Most of the common parameters of a website can be modified only using menues and dgra-and-drop features. But that is not where it ends. You can add own scripts and classes if needed to really make the site shine and BE different from other website builders.

Cons

The bulkyness of the interface is sometimes slowing you down and if you want to create a really simple site there are too many parameters to set. A simple one-pager turns into a day of work at the end. Because almost everything can be edited. Also image manipulation and optimisation is not the best. Repositioning an image in the background can turn into a nightmare + add the mobile and tablet breakpoints and it can be easier to code the site from scratch.

Webflow is the Future of Website Design

Webflow has been an incredible experience for me. I've built half a dozen websites in Webflow with plans for more. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Pros

Webflow is a solid website design platform. Every site I've built on Webflow has been incredibly fast. I attest this to the fact that when you drag and drop the widgets (text blocks, headings, sections, images, etc.) into the design that the right panel is helping you configure all of the CSS in a way that actually helps you [secretly] understand CSS better while making it SUPER easy to do. Generally,...

Cons

The widgets that you can add are very basic. I understand the point of this; they're giving you basic building blocks of a website in a sense. It's up to your creativity and skill to be able to design a site that looks great. This does make it harder for people coming from WordPress page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen, etc., when you open Webflow's Designer for the first time and feel like all of the options you had in the past are missing. Knowing that you *can* build something as complex using these basic building blocks can be overwhelming when you aren't used to doing it this way, but looking through the templates and even purchasing a premium Webflow template can often get you all of the building blocks you were looking for.

Incredible Creativity Flexibility And Potential

My overall experience with Webflow has been nothing short of spectacular. The seamless integration of a no-code interface and the way Webflow writes code in the background is honestly a game changer for me. As a result of my limited coding ability, I was over-reliant on WordPress themes in the past but I would always need additional plugins to bring my ideas to life. As such my website would become increasingly bloated. Not having to worry about any of these issues is truly liberating and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision to transition to Webflow.

Pros

Webflow provides an incredible no-code user experience that has completely elevated my workflow! Everything is incredible well designed and implemented - from the WYSIWYG editor, to the fantastic Webflow University and the seamless deployment of code as you bring your website to life. Creating, maintaining and evolving my website/blog has never been more enjoyable and I finally feel as though I have total creative freedom! I recommend Webflow unreservedly.

Cons

Having used Webflow for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that I don't have any major concerns with Webflow. There are many website developers who undoubtedly require deeper functionality but I've not run into any issues that have prevented me from realising the goals for my website. Webflow is a fantastic tool and I'm honestly excited to see how they continue to grow and evolve the platform.

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow. 1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing...

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next -The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields. -Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost. -The automation of multiple image sizes per view -Minifying scripts and code -Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop -Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new -Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself -Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

Webflow user review

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning website

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work...

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love! I'm...

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code. Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

The top tool for no code websites

I really enjoy using Webflow as often as I can, it is a great product that fits many types of use cases and I will continue using it in the future for my projects.

Pros

Webflow gives you the flexibility to do more or less anything you could ever want in a website, without having to code. It is infinitely customisable and once you understand how it works, is an extremely powerful tool for creating low to medium complexity websites. There is a whole community using the product, which makes it very easy to find answers to problems that may arise. It is also great because there are people creating specific libraries and components specifically for webflow, so it is a great way to fast track web design. It is a great option for a quick website, as well as long term pages that you may want to build. The CMS makes it an extremely powerful tool too, which makes the possibilities for creation endless.

Cons

The learning curve of the software can be a little challenging at times, especially if you are a non-technical user. I personally started with quite good knowledge of HTML and CSS, so it wasn't super difficult to learn, however there are some quirks that are made for the average user that may make it a little confusing for people with existing knowledge of web design.

Great for clients to self manage

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Webflow changed our web design business for the better!

Webflow has been a game-changer for our business. It's allowed us to bring web development 100% in-house, thereby streamlining our project process and putting more money back into our pockets. Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

I love how Webflow really captures the best of all the major website platforms. It has the customization of a traditional WordPress website, but without the code bloat and frustrating maintenance. Webflow has the ease of Squarespace when it comes to allowing our clients to use and maintain their websites themselves, making it the perfect choice for our web design/development business.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike about Webflow! It's an up and coming platform, so certain features such as ecommerce and blogging are still lacking compared to other platforms. However, Webflow is hard at work to continue to improve in these areas.

Best no-code website builder in the market

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc. Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

A promising alternative to Wordpress

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for: Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated. Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if...

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example. The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!