Webflow Logo

Break down silos between marketing, design, and development

Webflow Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

mighty-networks
bitrix24

It's super powerful, and the integrations that are available with the software are superb. Gives you endless possibilities.
If you are a designer and want to make your web design "live", this is the tool you need. Smooth learning curve (with help of an amazing knowledge base and a very active & supportive community).
The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that. Danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates.
This is a web-based client and not downloadable software, so that gets a bit annoying if I accidentally close a window. Tutorials on the website also need to be update to match the current version.

MF

Matthew F.

Digital Marketing Manager

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Powerful tool for advanced web development!

Transcript

Matthew F.: My name is Matthew. I am the head of marketing with EnergyLink Decarbonization Solutions,...

Alan C.

Content Marketing Manager

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Webflow is a gamechanger for allowing marketing teams to control their website

Transcript

Alan C.: Hi, my name is Alan. I'm a growth manager and I give Webflow five out of five stars. For more...

Dana R.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love! I'm...

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code. Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

MF

Matthew F.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Webflow - Great for Advanced Users

Overall, despite Webflow's high cost, I believe it's a great option for relatively simple websites that aren't too large. If you want to create a large blog or news site, I would suggest Wordpress because you won't have to pay for your site scaling as you would in Webflow. Webflow's editor is not very scaleable, but the things you can accomplish with it are pretty advanced if you work hard (for example, I made a tabs section where the tabs were custom SVG shapes - I would not know how to do this in Wordpress). It's by far the most customizable web builder out there. So, if you have a good understanding of HTML and CSS and can translate that to at least figure out Javascript well enough, and if you want to create sites with a wow factor, I recommend Webflow.

Pros

Webflow is great for advanced web developers who understand coding on a deep level. Even though they market it as a no code solution, having a deep understanding of coding makes navigating the user interface so much easier and decreases the time required to learn the platform. It has a massive repository of paid templates that are amazing and free cloneables that can be copied and pasted onto your site which are equally amazing. These options can significantly cut development time. Also, Webflow makes it easy to use advanced CSS options like CSS flex or grid. Overall, there's a lot to like about Webflow.

Cons

Webflow is very expensive compared to Wordpress and page builders on Wordpress because the costs are often more than you expected. If you are a business who wants to have a blog or news section, you'll likely need to pay for their Business plan AND a CMS plan to be able to have the ability to make blog page templates and store blog article content. There are limits to the CMS items you can store, and Webflow will increase pricing tiers on their plans based on large volumes of traffic, so it is definitely one of the most expensive platforms I've seen. It is not a good option for small businesses. Also, there is a very steep learning curve to using Webflow, but that is mitigated by the excellent learning courses they provide.

AK

Aaron K.

Mobile Apps Stay AWAY, webflow is useless to you

We built an entire website prior to learning that webflow is completely incompatible with deep linking to our app, LITERALLY OUR CORE PRODUCT. We had to build an entire service just to route around this issue. It cost us thousands of dollars and hundreds of man-hours to do properly. There are hundreds of users asking for this feature for years and it is literally one of the simplest aspects to modern web development and they have been silent on the matter.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use if you don't need access to advanced tooling or highly specialized customizations.

Cons

BEWARE: If you are building a website for a mobile or desktop app, Webflow is useless to you. You can not access basic aspects of the website, such as the well-known folder that you need to link to external applications in the OS. You can not deeplink using Webflow at all. Webflow might be a great tool for you if you are using it for another company/use case, but as a cross-platform developer, it is a dead end.

JD

Joshua D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The best website designer out there

Webflow is a professional tool that I am very comfortable working with. I use it practically every day with pleasure.

Pros

Webflow is the best solution for designers who want to build high-level web experiences without the support of a development team. The design tool is the most advanced in the industry, and although it has a somewhat steep learning curve at first, it offers great freedom in design choices. The excellent design tool is accompanied by an integrated hosting solution with excellent performance and a robust CMS.

Cons

Although the potential and flexibility of the platform are very high, there are some situations in which one finds oneself having to rely on third-party solutions to turn around the shortcomings of the tool. Developing and deploying new features isn't particularly fast. In some usage scenarios, the costs are too high. Especially eCommerce solutions are excessively expensive for what they offer. Although there is an intention, I have not yet had the chance to offer my customers a Webflow eCommerce solution because it is too expensive.

AT

Azeem T.

Amazing Website Builder for Designers

We're currently a small team working on a product and we're not in a position to hire professional web developers to work on our website. That's where Webflow came to our rescue. The learning curve was there but over time, the nimbleness of the product helped us a long way.

Pros

The features I loved about Webflow are: 1. The website builder is so easy to use. 2. The guided demo when you get in the first time is top-notch. It got me acquainted with the interface exceptionally fast. 3. It has an easy to understand pricing plan. For someone who is new to websites, the plan allows you to clearly understand how pricing works. 4. The template library and component cloning features are majestically good. We've been able to deploy complex animations and components simply by cloning them through other templates. 5. Lastly, Webflow has an amazing community that comes up with answers faster than their support team.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike but: 1. The customer support could be faster, my empathetic and responsive. 2. If they could come up with a better way to optimise sites for mobile, it would be a gamechanger.

JT

Joshua T.

Music, self-employed

Incredible Creativity Flexibility And Potential

My overall experience with Webflow has been nothing short of spectacular. The seamless integration of a no-code interface and the way Webflow writes code in the background is honestly a game changer for me. As a result of my limited coding ability, I was over-reliant on WordPress themes in the past but I would always need additional plugins to bring my ideas to life. As such my website would become increasingly bloated. Not having to worry about any of these issues is truly liberating and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision to transition to Webflow.

Pros

Webflow provides an incredible no-code user experience that has completely elevated my workflow! Everything is incredible well designed and implemented - from the WYSIWYG editor, to the fantastic Webflow University and the seamless deployment of code as you bring your website to life. Creating, maintaining and evolving my website/blog has never been more enjoyable and I finally feel as though I have total creative freedom! I recommend Webflow unreservedly.

Cons

Having used Webflow for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that I don't have any major concerns with Webflow. There are many website developers who undoubtedly require deeper functionality but I've not run into any issues that have prevented me from realising the goals for my website. Webflow is a fantastic tool and I'm honestly excited to see how they continue to grow and evolve the platform.

MT

Max T.

Design, self-employed

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

AL

Adrien L.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Webflow user review

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Design, self-employed

If you're looking for something more special this is the tool for you

Pretty good, prices a little too high but many times you will feel it's worth it

Pros

The learning curve is pretty high but then you can do some nice web pages with it

Cons

Not easy to learn if you're not a developer so you're not familiar with certain things

Yaco L.

Design, 1-10 employees

The perfect tool for the non-coder web designer

I mainly use it to design simple one pagers, some landing pages, and sites that need active collaboration with the client.

Pros

You can achieve a lot with webflow, you are in control of every detail and have access to the last web layouts and visual effects.

Cons

I did not like the restrictions on what you can do in terms of performance, SEO, and custom modifications. If a project scales too much, webflow isn't a good alternative.

JH

Jakub H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Build quick websites with advanced functionality

i was looking for a site builder which would be open enough to let us setup custom styled components and tweak prebuilt templates to our needs. And that it what Webflow has given us. Using a template as a starting point and building up from there.

Pros

The possibility of adding custom functionality into the current and prebuilt templates makes using Webflow super cool. Most of the common parameters of a website can be modified only using menues and dgra-and-drop features. But that is not where it ends. You can add own scripts and classes if needed to really make the site shine and BE different from other website builders.

Cons

The bulkyness of the interface is sometimes slowing you down and if you want to create a really simple site there are too many parameters to set. A simple one-pager turns into a day of work at the end. Because almost everything can be edited. Also image manipulation and optimisation is not the best. Repositioning an image in the background can turn into a nightmare + add the mobile and tablet breakpoints and it can be easier to code the site from scratch.

DK

Dan K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Webflow is powerful software

Webflow allows us to have a really sophisticated website without a staff of web developers.

Pros

Webflow has everything we need to build our 100-page website that includes news, donation pages, staff contact info, descriptions of twenty programs, event descriptions and registration pages, document repositories for our board members, and everything else. The software is continuously updated, so even though parts of the site are five years old, we always have the tools to keep the site looking current. The tutorial videos are engaging, and the customer service is excellent.

Cons

This is really powerful software that would be put to best use by a staff trained in web building. We are not that staff. We are people trained in telling stories with words and pictures who need to put our stories on the internet. For us, the learning curve has been very steep, even though the Webflow learning resources are excellent. But that's the trade-off we've made in order to have this tool that let's use do anything we can think of doing.

MM

Megan M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Webflow changed our web design business for the better!

Webflow has been a game-changer for our business. It's allowed us to bring web development 100% in-house, thereby streamlining our project process and putting more money back into our pockets. Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

I love how Webflow really captures the best of all the major website platforms. It has the customization of a traditional WordPress website, but without the code bloat and frustrating maintenance. Webflow has the ease of Squarespace when it comes to allowing our clients to use and maintain their websites themselves, making it the perfect choice for our web design/development business.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike about Webflow! It's an up and coming platform, so certain features such as ecommerce and blogging are still lacking compared to other platforms. However, Webflow is hard at work to continue to improve in these areas.

RW

Rebecca W.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!

PP

Preetish P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Stay away from Webflow - clunky website builder with ineffective support team

Pros

Can't really think of anything extraordinarily good about Webflow. However, I believe the websites built with Webflow are somewhat faster.

Cons

They generate a robots.txt file that blocks the search engines from indexing your website. Which is similar to cutting off the oxygen supply to any living being. We did several rounds of publishing, republishing, deleting, and resaving -- nothing helped. The support gives one reply once a day via email and then they vanish. Whatever they suggested, we did but the issue never got resolved. This is directly impacting our revenue. It was big mistake on our part to select Webflow.

MC

Manish C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Webflow : the modern way to create for the web

Really impressed with Webflow and now I am a full-time Web designer and Webfow Developer thanks to this amazing platform, which opened new doors for me.

Pros

Easy to get started with and understand the nitty-gritty of the platform. Also the Webflow university courses and really amazing and help a lot even after the experience.

Cons

A couple of pre-made elements are missing in webflow that I would really love to see. A pop-up window and much more.

KD

Kalin D.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

The most customizable no-code site builder platform for digital professionals

This is one of the best site and landing page builders out there. Although there is a slow learning curve, some drawbacks on the SEO side and heavy UX, overall i am happy with the service. I will continue to be their client, until something better comes up. So far, i don't see any serious competitor in the field of the website and landing pages builders for proffessionals. P.S. This software is almost impossible to use for a beginner. It's strictly targeted towards digital professionals with at least 1-2 years experience/

Pros

- The sandbox-like environment. - The code exporting - that was what got me on board. - Webflow university - most of the problems one faces, could be found in their "University".

Cons

- Very long learning curve for people who don't know HTML and CSS - Not that much SEO friendly. The process of SEO optimization is slow and you really have to know what you are doing. Other platforms have made this much easier.

SW

Sophie W.

Really poor experience

Poor

Pros

At the beginning, I thought the free templates are nice

Cons

- Was very confusing to use (I'm assuming it's more for very experienced designers) - There customer service is non-existent, I had numerous situations where there was a bug or I was stuck and there was literally no way of solving it. Weblfow only refers you to articles that are hit or miss - You had to google how to do very basic tasks

JS

Justine S.

Design, 11-50 employees

Easy Website Creation Tool that allows complete customization.

Extremely positive. I've built a number of websites at this point, both for business and personal use, and they look so much better than anything on Squarespace and Wix.

Pros

The ability to create and complete customize a website pretty simply is the best part. I've used other "no-coding" website tools in the past and would get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to edit key parts of the design with out diving into the muddy code. Webflow allows you to have all the customization you'd find if building your website from scratch without all the coding. As a designer, who can code but prefers not to, Webflow is my preferred spot for building any website.

Cons

Some of the tools are hard to find. I've accidentally clicked things in the past and spent hours figuring out where I need to click to fix things. Finding solutions is also difficult at times. The forums aren't as extensive as other softwares that I've used.

Sajad A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Intuitive Website Building with Webflow

Webflow is an excellent website builder that provides a range of features and functionalities to help users design and develop professional-quality websites. It's intuitive, easy to use, and requires no coding skills, making it ideal for both beginners and experienced developers.

Pros

Webflow is an exceptional website builder that provides a range of features and functionalities to help users create professional-quality websites without any coding skills. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive, making it easy to design and develop websites. Additionally, Webflow provides a variety of customization options, including pre-built templates, drag-and-drop functionality, and a powerful...

Cons

While Webflow is a powerful website builder with many advantages, there are a few potential cons that I have noticed. Firstly, there is a learning curve involved in mastering its many features and functionalities, which may be challenging for beginners or those with limited website-building experience. Secondly, Webflow's e-commerce features are relatively limited compared to some other website builders, which may not be suitable for users who need more advanced e-commerce functionalities.

SO

Silviu O.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pros

Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites. One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes. It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components....

Cons

It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project. Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful. The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Really cool and different website platform

I've loved learning and using Webflow. I have deep experience in Wordpress and Squarespace, and moderate experience with Shopify, Wix and Weebly, and Webflow has been a completely different experience. I love how much you can do with it. They also have an awesome resource library to answer basically any question you could ever think up.

Pros

I love how customizable Webflow is, and how you can configure it to work for both technical and non-technical users. You can do so much without knowing any code, but you can also create endless customizations if you do know how to code. It's been a best of both worlds for our team.

Cons

The high point is also the low point -- we worked with a design agency to create our Webflow site, which created some gaps once we took control of the platform. It's so customizable that the daily users really need to be a part of the basic building blocks of the site from the very beginning, or you'll find yourself up against questions you can't easily answer unless you have an existing knowledge of how Webflow works. It's user-friendly for non-coders, but it is also too easy to mess with if you don't know what you're doing!

Internet, 1-10 employees

The best thing since sliced bread

In a nutshell, Webflow allows us to build an amazing website in days instead of weeks. Devs love it because they can move fast, designers love it because the end result is just like the design, and the clients love it because it's really easy for them to make quick edits.

Pros

Simply put, Webflow is a UI over HTML and CSS. That means that anything you can build in HTML/CSS, you can build in Webflow ten times easier. We used to allocate weeks to building websites, involve multiple devs and spent a sizeable amount of time fixing cross-browser compatibility issues. Since we've started using Webflow, the turnaround time for projects decreased considerably and the devs love...

Cons

Webflow doesn't yet have an e-commerce CMS - it is still to be launched, even though it was announced some time ago.

AS

Alexandra S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Core to our business and marketing efforts

Overall I love it and love finding other orgs that use webflow to help us get inspiration.

Pros

Super easy to build and manage things, even if you are not a technical person.

Cons

There are a few things that impact load time and the published vs. drafted pages would ideally have a better option to not publish all changes made.

SS

Sanoussy S.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Webflow review

Webflow provide me with free and fantastic templates across all types of Start and Build businesses from there.

Pros

Webflow is very simple to use and every Site I've built on webflow has been amazing and fast.

Cons

Because it becomes a huge problem for clients who only want to subcontract my advance work at the beginner level.