Ahrefs Logo

Ahrefs

SEO toolset that helps you rank higher and get more traffic.

Ahrefs Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.05/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Ahrefs is pretty much how we gain success with SEO. The tool is so useful for finding keywords and content opportunities, and tracking your success.

Michael G.

FG

Franklin G.

RW

Richard W.

It's just one of these tools where you're having a damn hard time with finding anything you can dislike. If I'm forced to pick a con, I'll go with price.

Our clients can be a bit guilty of wanting to talk about what they want to be known for rather than what they are known for.

MT

Mick T.

It is a very expensive tool and does not have any affiliate program to offer. Even the smallest paid membership is expensive and comes with limited features and limited allowed searches per month.

OS

Serpstat-logocaret

Serpstat

mangools-logocaret

mangools

How would you rate Ahrefs?

Ahrefs User Review

Transcript

Andrew: Hi, my name is Andrew. I'm an SEO manager, and I would give Ahrefs a rating of four out of five....

The Swiss knife for SEO

I just can't express enough how powerful and important this tool is. It helps me outrank my competitors by finding their lackings and building links from their backlink profiles. It's a tool that can't be replaced with any other tool on the market, but this one is quite expensive I might say. There are tons of features like site audit, and keyword explorer and each one of these features comes in handy in the case of SEO.

Pros

If you are an SEO you must be heard of this software before, this one got the biggest database of backlinks in the world, I can't think of a day without it. It helps me like nothing else in the world in case of finding link-building opportunities. Helps me to audit and optimize my websites and outrank the competitors easily. For anyone taking SEO seriously, this is a must-have tool for sure. Data accuracy is the best in the market and reliable.

Cons

Too expensive for beginners, and there the limitations with the basic packages.

No doubt the best for SEO

Great

Pros

The off-page SEO especially the backlink metrics is the best! Love the way the tool allows filters to bread and display the data for better insights.

Cons

Pricing is on the higher end. On-page optimization could be better, to enhance the content optimization/blog optimization part.

Stay Away, They Will Rip you Off

They keep blocking our accounts for over usage even though we paid 12 months upfront for 3 accounts. This has never happened over the last 5 years and only started happening this year as soon as we resubscribed for another 12 months even though our level of usage hasn't changed. They got greedy and they will hold you hostage and force you to purchase more licences otherwise they will refuse to unlock your account. It's been extremely disruptive to our business. We are looking for alternatives as Ahrefs keep have become extremely unreliable and unethical.

Pros

Insightful data and they used to be easy to deal with.

Cons

They keep blocking our access and it's causing major disruptions to our business.

Best tool on the market for SEO

Couldn't imagine using anything else. Has helped me so much for SEO purposes

Pros

There is so much data and so many features inside of this tool that it gives you a 360 view of everything that is happening within your website.

Cons

It can be hard to become familiar with because there are so many features, but once you are comfortable, it is really easy to navigate. Very expensive

Ahrefs cannot be beaten.

We have tried most of the big players and none of them come close to the ease of use and functionality of Ahrefs.

Pros

The amount of power and functionality you need without charging ridiculous prices.

Cons

To have an increased crawl rate you need to increase the paid plan. This gets really expensive.

Best tool for SEO and Local marketing for any business.

We regularly check the Ahrefs analytics for knowing the performance of our websites and apply the appropriate action to improve the performance on the basis of Ahrefs analytics.

Pros

The best thing that I like about Ahrefs is its keyword explorer. Keyword explorer helps us to find the best keyword for our business along with its total search volume and competition. Another best feature of Ahrefs is site audit. Site audits help us to check the insight stats of our website which help us to take further action.

Cons

Ahrefs is the best SEO and marketing tool and I am 100% satisfied with its features.

Best for Competition analysis and making a marketing plan

Ahrefs is the best marketing tool that helps us to rank higher on searches by suggesting the SEO weakness of our web property.

Pros

I love competitor analysis and keyword ranking features of Ahrefs. Competitor analysis gives the relative stats that show how better I am than my competitor and what I need to improve to rank higher them my competitor.

Cons

We can connect Ahrefs with our Google search console and the stats given by Ahrefs and the search console are almost the same. Here we are missing the real-time stats as Google Analytics 360 gives.

Best productive tool for SEO

I am using Ahrefs for more than 2 years to understand my website, analyze competitors and industry which I am consulting to.

Pros

Ahrefs is complete SEO tool, you don't need to have any other tool because it has almost every feature to use for SEO.

Cons

It is a little bit expensive if you are not in a country which is gaining US dollars. It can be expensive for the currency when you change it in your base money.

essential tool to rank your website

I am very satisfied with this very useful tool

Pros

What I like most about Ahrefs is the fact that it offers a lot of possibilities to help us in SEO like finding the perfect keywords, analyzing our competitors and many others which is just great.

Cons

I find the Ahrefs tool a bit complicated for beginners as there is too much information to assimilate and its fee schedule is also a bit high.

You cannot do without this system when working with the promotion of your site.

Pros

The most complete database of links, super service! A must have for anyone who wants to have a clear link profile, and not blindly buy! A set of tools for a comprehensive analysis of the link profile and search traffic.

Cons

The price is the only downside. No other cons were noted.

In the current market, it is the greatest tool for locating backlinks and for all-around SEO

Using Ahrefs, you don't need to employ an SEO company to see business websites. We may study our competitors' websites to see how they've grown their businesses to rank highly in search results, and then replicate that strategy ourselves. To get the most out of Keyword Explorer, we need to know what our competitors are ranking for and what we should be targeting. You can immediately check how many people search for such words each month, and how many of them visit our site. Content that is relevant to our audience will show us how to keep our company pages healthy. Use Ahrefs to see how our website performs on mobile devices and in various countries. Find out who's visiting our site from these locations and see how it performs on these devices.

Pros

Ahrefs is a powerful and useful tool for SEO because it offers a wide range of options. When I started using Ahrefs in 2019, it was the finest approach for me to find out about my competitors' links, keywords, and traffic. I use site explorer to look at my website's links and keywords. We can also see how our competitors' sites are linked to and how many backlinks they are getting. The URL and Domain...

Cons

It seems like I'm not taking advantage of a lot of the capabilities that are available to me. That would be wonderful if you could show me some of the stuff I'm missing. Consequently, when I log on, I can see exactly what needs to be done. To give you an example, I can see which pages are taking a long time to load, which sites have lost a significant amount of search exposure, and whose backlinks with high authority we've earned or lost. It would be fantastic if there was a mobile app for it! I don't always want to carry around a laptop when I'm using Ahrefs on the move. Users of a mobile app can add basic features to the app.

Great tool for SEO and Ranking

It is one of the best tools for SEO analysis and backlinks. I am impressed with its performance. For search volume, backlinks, rankings and social share Ahrefs plays an outstanding role. It always uses effective data that is very helpful. By using this tool we can get organic traffic research result. In this way, we know keywords that are ranked by competitors. For bringing more traffics it shows excellent performance. Overall it is the best SEO tool in the market now.

Pros

It is very nice software for backlinks and SEO analysis. It has a site audit tool that monitors SEO issues of our sites regularly. It shows a complete backlink profile. We get a proper backlink report. Ahrefs link analysis tool index is huge. It is also updated regularly. It is also a great SEO competitor research tool. Ahrefs has an exclusive backlink analysis feature. It is a keyword explorer that gives valuable information on search volume, competition, CPC, CTR, SERP position history, and more. Keyword explorer does not limit to one search engine. It is a rank tracker tool that shows the ranking position in google.

Cons

It is a great tool that shows quality performance. Rank trackers should be updated regularly. New keyword ideas should be improved

One of the Best Tools for Keywords

Overall I think it's a great tool which is actually quite addictive! If it wasn't for the high cost I would probably have kept my subscription. I had great results with my keyword research and also for finding articles that would rank well on Pinterest.

Pros

This is a good tool for finding keywords and monitoring your backlinks. I mainly used it to look at my competitor's keywords and domain rating and also monitor my backlinks. Overall it is excellent if you want to monitor how your website is doing over time and receive alerts when you have new keywords ranking. I also found it helpful to find low competition keywords to help my posts rank better. I also like that you are able to cancel your subscription easily if you want to unlike some of Ahref's competitors who make cancelling complicated!

Cons

It's really very expensive and I've found other tools that are less expensive that do what I need them to do with finding keywords. I think Ahrefs is the best but it's so expensive that I can't justify paying the cost. Also if you are new to keyword research it's quite complicated. Ahrefs have a youtube channel and lots of help so that you can learn how to use it but there are still other tools which are much easier for beginners.

The best complete SEO tool I have seen ever

As an SEO expert, I have to work with several types of tools. I have found ahrefs is a very helpful tool for SEO experts. I can do everything that requires to rank my website. I can do the overall competitor analysis with that tool. I can find out the referring domain, quality of referring domain, number of internal linking to a specific page, top-performing pages, outgoing link, etc. I didn’t use their rank tracker so can’t make any comment on it. It is an awesome SEO tool in my opinion.

Pros

The main thing I love about ahrefs I can optimize the website with a single tool. I can do keyword research (Info, money, comparison, keyword), backlink analysis, Internal linking analysis, domain strength analysis, traffic analysis, anchor text analysis, dofollow - nofollow link ratio, etc. Actually, there are so many features on ahrefs that can’t be described in a few lines. For example, I can find...

Cons

I have found a problem with organic keywords that is they repeat the same keyword again and again on multiple pages. It creates a problem at the time of keyword researching. And it shows less search volume than any other keyword research tool. Last thing I dislike their pricing and trial version price. The Trial version should be given for free.

Ahrefs - better than the rest?

My overall experience has been very good with AHREFS. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to not only learn more about SEO, but how to be more effective with their SEO strategies. The more you use something like this software, the better at SEO you become because you have more tools under your belt and better processes for a good strategy. You really need data for a good SEO strategy and something like this software is going to get you there. If you don't have the funds, try ubersuggest (and you can sign up with a blank gmail account if you don't want to share your GSC or analytics data)

Pros

When you're looking at SEO Software, one of the main things you want to look for is accurate data. There are many different choices out there with many different features. Lots of these software products have many of the same features. So what separates all these different SEO suits, for me, it would be the accuracy of data. And AHREFS seems to have pretty accurate data, compared to the competition....

Cons

The biggest con to AHREFS is the price. It seems overly expensive, especially considering now that you can pay for Ubersuggest for a fraction of the cost. Or you can even use some of the Ubersuggest features for free (however keep in mind, you are really paying them with your data if you sign up with your GSC or analytics account). However, it's not going to be as comprehensive as something like this software. So in my mind, if AHREFS lowered the price, it would be a no-brainer. But if you rely on this data for your business, or an agency. Then you consider the cost a necessary expense for one of the best software programs out there for SEO.

My go-to toolset for SEO

I can do pretty much anything I need to do in Ahrefs when it comes to SEO. And if you miss something, the team will be eager to see if it can be implemented. Also, the support is great, usually quite quick in responding and very friendly too.

Pros

Call me crazy, but I kind of LIVE in Ahrefs. If there's anything I want to know about a website and its SEO, I will put it in Ahrefs and find all the data I need. Whether it's keyword research, competitor research of backlink research, Ahrefs has got you covered. And they keep adding functionality and options. You can even suggest changes to the tool when you're a paying user.

Cons

There's nothing not to like really. I haven't found anything that I didn't like myself anyway. Oh well, sometimes you don't have access to a tool like Keywords Explorer when they're updating it, that's usually not nice when you're actaully working on a project. But I'm sure this will happen with other tools as well.

Is Ahrefs the best tool for SEO?

Talking about the overall experience with Ahrefs I love the tool. It has helped me to rank my article on google as well as to find the best and working keywords for my ads.

Pros

I have used a few SEO tools like Mangool, Moz, SEMRush, and others, yet nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most powerful and featured tools out there. The addition of new features on this tool continuously makes it more special. Perhaps the best thing about Ahrefs is that it crawls and records new backlinks super quickly. I mainly use this tool for keyword research and monitoring backlinks. This tool has helped me to rank my website on the first page of google. I consider it the best tool for organic keyword research and to find the SEO difficulty for each keyword.

Cons

I am using Ahrefs for more than 2 years. I haven't noticed any technical difficulty out there. Some of the people consider the pricing as a little bit high but I think the pricing is not much high according to the service they are providing.

100% Recommended to SEO Experts

Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

Pros

- Amazing backlinking tool - Easy to understand keyword search system - Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute - Quality reporting tool - 7-day trial for first timers - Company sends valuable training information - Daily support if needed

Cons

- Can be complicated for first-time SEO users - Its design is simple and a bit mundane. - Customer service is not the friendliest.

Great competitors analysis tool

I am working as SEO manager in one of the top-rated Digitial Marketing agency in India and I am using Ahrefs since last 2 years now, this is one of the tools that I am using on a daily basis and I really can't leave a day without this tool. It makes my competitor's analysis work so easy, Ahrefs helps me find the best links from my competitors and I have explored what content Gap and some basic distance my client's website is having and can set the campaign accordingly. This is the must have tool before starting SEO or content marketing campaign.

Pros

The best thing about Ahfers is you will get everything related to competitors & backlink analysis. It includes few most amazing features like comprehensive backlink data, Overall organic keywords your website is ranking for, Overall organic traffic with history, Keywords explorer for detailed keywords research, Linkintersect to see which links your competitors are having and you don't, and many more. Ahfers is also one of the most user friendly tool I have ever used, it has got everything which every digital marketers need. You can find hundreds of links opportunities by using content explorer which shows you which content is shared the most in your niche. You can reverse engineer your competitors backlink by the cocomprehensiveis of competitors backlink and acquire them.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about Ahrefs as they didn't provide any Free search trial, while few of the other similar tools will give you few serachs in a day but in Ahrefs you won't get anything for free NOT even a single search.

Ahrefs review

Overall, we are happy with Ahrefs, despite its flaws.

Pros

What I like most about Ahrefs is that it's an all-in-one tool. We mostly use it for keyword research, competitor analysis, and the technical health of our websites. It also serves as a starting point for our outreach campaigns. Customer support is also responsive and helpful.

Cons

It's a bit complicated, and although their team tried to do the UI as intuitive as possible, the sheer amount of features make it difficult to use. Training new employees to use its full potential takes too much time. Additionally, it updates slowly, so the data you see on your dashboard is outdated. For example - I managed to remove over a million backlinks from a spammy website. It took ahrefs well over 3 months to "realize" they are gone.

All Resources to Grow Search Traffic

I found it useful and beneficial in Keyword Research and Analyze Competitor Details.

Pros

Ahrefs is a complete SEO tool that holds multiple tools like Link building Keyword research Competitor analysis Rank tracking Site audits I usually use Ahref for keyword Research which is important to grab the traffic to your site as well as analyze the top rank keywords.

Cons

Little bit Complex Interface Many filters on referring domains Not 100% accurate Stats less Internal link opportunities

Ahrefs is my go-to tool for keyword research

Ahrefs has been a great tool for our marketing team. It helps us deliver clarity & confidence to our clients about customer behavior in multiple channels. It is helpful for Customer Journey Mapping, Market Research, and Marketing Plan development.

Pros

Ahrefs is the best tool for keyword research because it includes data from a variety of sources like Amazon and YouTube. The ability to quickly toggle between platforms to see the search volume is fantastic. I also like how easy it is to export, save, and share the data.

Cons

Ahrefs estimates for keyword CPC is not accurate for Amazon. The data is taken from Google keyword CPC which is an entirely different cost and can mislead a marketer into creating an ill-informed marketing plan. If the website research tool was as powerful as other software providers, I would use it almost exclusively.

Valuable SEO Tool

Overall I use Ahrefs frequently and it has a major impact on my daily activities, especially for backlinking, an essential part of my work. I am pleased with it and have no plans to change.

Pros

The thing I like most about Ahrefs is the backlink feature where I can check the link profile of my competitors and copycat their strategies.

Cons

Unfortunately, Ahrefs is fairly costly, so when starting out and building my marketing agency, it would have been nicer to have more entry-level-friendly pricing. Sometimes there are also slow loading issues.

Best backlink software

A cheap toolbox with some really great tools. It does what it is supposed to do. Nothing fancy but reliable.

Pros

ahrefs is an inexpensive all-in-one SEO platform with a strong focus on backlinks. While the other features are OK, I mainly use it for backlinks, where it absolutely excels.

Cons

The UI has not changed in many years and I feel the usability could be improved upon. Click stream data has not been updates since December 2019. The rank tracker is really just that - a rank tracker. Some competitors have a much stronger focus and the SEO project management aspect.

Ahrefs has a lot of depth!

Ahrefs makes short work of diagnosing ranking issues on page and off page. Definitely a powerful tool.

Pros

As a lead generator, I spend a TON of time doing keyword research. Ahrefs does a fantastic job with finding keywords and keyword phrases that have a lot of search volume with lower keyword ranking difficulty.

Cons

Other than it being a bit pricey, there is very little I don't like about this software. If anything, the first day or two was a challenge learning how to generate and export custom CSV's.