CloudApp Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Overall its been a win for me and people are impressed when I share a video instead of just typing a response to a question they may have.
Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.
Easy of use, great features for screenshots. CloudApp provide great features to store pictures and integrate easily them in blog posts, with responsive sizing.
I made a honest mistake, I was late with cancellation for just one day and they essentially stole my $1000. I don't really know how else to call it other than stealing.
Over the years they started to make features only for paid accounts which forced people to pay for the app.
There no way to set a pre-defined area to shoot.

Fraser N.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The handiest tool for image capture

Transcript

Fraser N.: Hi, I'm Fraser, and I'm a marketing consultant. I'm here today to talk about CloudApp, and...

Lucas H.

Project manager

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Screen recordings with polish

Transcript

Lucas: Hi, I'm Lucas. I'm a project manager in educational publishing and I'd give CloudApp a five out...

Nicholas G.

Why doesn't every person have this on their computer?

Pros

CloudApp is among the greats of computer utilities. It works flawlessly and looks great. I love how easy it is to annotate a screenshot or record my screen, but the best part is the unlimited online storage of content and the link I can share anywhere.

Cons

Hmm. Sometimes there are some little bugs, but the overall stability has improved a lot recently. I really can't think of anything else as it works so good.

CK

Christian K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great application for getting your message across

CloudApp makes it extremely easy for us to record videos, create tutorials, and help our customers with a sleek piece of software.

Pros

CloudApp is a very powerful application with a lot of useful features.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve about what all CloudApp can do.

Kim H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Could be Great, But Not Quite There

I bought it a couple of years ago, but gave up quickly as the desktop app was very buggy. It recently got an overhaul and I wanted to give it another shot. I love all the features it boasts, but with a buggy interface, it falls flat on it's face for me.

Pros

I like that you can easily make screen captures and record a video of your screen. It is great that you have a lot of space to put these files for sharing. The personalized domain option is very cool. It gives a good impression when you share content immediately from your own domain.

Cons

The PC Desktop app is too buggy still, it got a huge overhaul and I went back to it - wanting to love it. But it is not quite there. I ended up going back to Lightshot for screen grabs and then setting up CloudApp on a different hotkey for recording a video of my screen. It does weird things. If for example you have a dropdown box open on a website for a screenshot to show somebody what to select. Then when you hit the hotkey to make the screenshot, it automatically closes the dropdown box before making the screenshot.

Gabriel F.

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent sharing service

Overall, CloudApp delivers the services that were the basis of its design. Nevertheless, development must continue.

Pros

Allows me to create very short explanatory and demonstration videos to share with my collaborators.

Cons

Very insecure platform. Recurring large file upload and download failures. The team must make an effort to develop other features with security as a priority.

Kartik A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Alternative to loom

Pros

I like a bunch of features with CloudApp: 1. Screen recording 2. Annotation 3. The files are stored in the cloud, so I never have to worry about files not being there or getting lost 4. Their online storage also allows to create folders which helps to manage files on the cloud 5. Many times we used to use wetransfer for file transfer, now we use cloudapp

Cons

Sometimes it has hiccups when the windows is rebooted/turned on

Bryan B.

This has quickly become one of my favorite apps

Pros

It's incredibly simple to use and extremely fast. It does a great job with screen recording and screenshots, but we have found it to also be an excellent way to share design proofs with our clients. Just drop any large file over the icon in the Mac toolbar and it will automatically copy a sharing link to your clipboard - even if the file hasn't finished uploading. By the time you write up an email and send it, the file is uploaded and the sharing page is active. It is MUCH faster than using Dropbox, Google Drive, or any of the other tools we've used for sharing files. The sharing page is really nice, too. It has a simple feature for our clients to leave comments or annotate the files we've shared. We love this app. It's a huge time saver.

Cons

They have some nice integrations with Trello and Slack, but those aren't tools that we use. Hopefully, they'll add other integrations at some point.

lily s.

Accounting, self-employed

Screen Sharing is Fun With CloudApp

Pros

Just remember one shortcut keys combination to capture your screen (or two if you also want to record your screen), and you are good to go. Anytime you need to share anything on your screen, hit the key combo, and you'll get the link to the image/video ready to share.

Cons

There's no option to capture a window, and you can't pre-set the image/video size.

Graham L.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

My most used app?

Pros

I use this all day everyday! I am constantly taking shots and sharing with my team. It is just so so easy with the keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop feature... I totally love this app!

Cons

Occasionally when starting video it misfires and means I have to close and reopen. Not very often tho

Joseph D.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

After Trying All Others, This Is the Best

Capturing images and annotating them and sharing them are my biggest uses. I find that this app does it with ease considering what I can do with these images. I was using another app but kept getting bogged down in with the functionality not being where I wanted it to be but CloudApp does what I want and does it the way I want.

Pros

I have used SO many screen capture apps and this is the best among all the free ones I have tried. It annotates easily and even allows me to move arrows around as well as text. It captures easily with a hotkey. It captures video easily and uses a microphone to record along with the screencapture. It stores my captures for later retrieval and sharing. I struggle to think of something it can't do well!

Cons

It would be nice to more easily delete screen captures but to me that is this app's biggest failing, so it's pretty good!!

Jeffry T.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

The Easiest Way to Snap and Share Your Screen

Pros

For those who share their screen a lot, CloudApp is a godsend. But even for the rest of us, the app helps​ us explain better with easy to share screen captures.

Cons

Even though the tool is improving fast, it still lacks some features which are standard on other screen capture apps.

EZ

Erik Z.

Computer Software, self-employed

One of my favorite apps

Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Pros

CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

ES

Ernie S.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Job (and life) changing

CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

DP

Darcy P.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Pros

It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast. There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Cons

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is. The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise. I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

DR

David R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great application to share screenshots and screen captures

The ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.

Pros

Software is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).

Cons

Software does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution

CloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!

Pros

The reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.

Cons

CloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy GIFs, Screenshots, Videos

I have been a fan since day one! It is very intuitive and makes it incredibly easy to share content with users or teammates.

Pros

We use CloudApp on a regular basis because of its ease of use for both users and customers. We mainly use it for support, helping users of our product understand where to find certain features, and making quick recordings for our help center articles or guides. I love how I get notified when users view my clips.

Cons

Depending on how long the recording is, it can take some time to upload. I also wish there were a few more options to annotate, but for the most part, it is pretty customizable.

KS

Ken S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

This app saves me time every day

I know this software doesn't cost a lot, but I love how easy it is to use and I use it daily, in fact, multiple times a day. I can't imagine my life without it. It really does save time and increase productivity. It even sends me a weekly report on how much time I saved and how much usage per week.

Pros

Love the ability to take screenshots and attach it into an email or drop that into Slack Love the ease of use Love that it allows for video taking, though I haven't used much of that feature yet

Cons

It requires a fair amount of updates in order to get access to the latest features. And sometimes it crashes.

RO

Ryan O.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to use...and it's changed the way we do our support and sales.

We really like CloudApp. We needed a way to easily show our customers features of LeadIQ's, and CloudApp's screen shooting makes it really simple and easy. We've been able to cut down our ticket times using their gif recorder. With it you can record actions inside our app, and just send a link to the customer to show them how to do something. This speeds up the back and forth.

Pros

Very easy to use, high quality capturing, and really cool analytics on the files you upload.

Cons

Once in a great while, we'll have customers that get confused having to open a Cloudapp link. The good news is, the more they use it, the more comfortable they become with it. It's naturally like the evolution of a product.

Thank you Ryan! This is an awesome review... Greatly greatly appreciated! Best, Derek Rey / CloudApp

Best Screenshot and Desktop Recording Tool

Quick and easy screensharing.

Pros

It is quick and easy to use with lots of great features like annotate, share with a link, or share the original file. It has great shortcut keys that you can reprogram if you happen to have a competing app with built-in sharing to lots of other collaboration services like Slack and Trello.

Cons

There is not much that I don't love about this software. It runs silently in the background and never asks me to give it a review.

KT

Kristi T.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

CloudApp saves me time and allows me to communicate much more effective. It's a game changer!

Time saving and clearer communication

Pros

CloudApp has every feature I need as a customer support professional. I can share gifs, annoted images, and screencasts quickly and easily, which saves me time typing, and reduces confusion for the customers I email. Also, their customer support team is always very speedy, helpful, and responsive. I couldn't be happier! It's so valuable. It's hard to imagine doing customer support without it.

Cons

It would occasionally be handy to have the option to save a screenshot to my desktop instead of the cloud sometimes.

SG

Stephanie G.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

CloudApp is my go to app for explaining anything with just an image or video to clients & employees

Pros

Lost of options with the mac app. I just click on the option I want and the select the section of the screen I want to screen shot, make a gift and/or record a video of the screen and front camera. Simple way to share your videos and screenshots with the ability to use custom links and branded URL. love the ability of make comments and get insights/reports on the videos and images Annotations are also a great feature to highlight something and make sure your massage is clear

Cons

I often find myself rebooting the app on my macbook pro computer because it crashes, so I have to use the web/browser version of cloudapp once that happens.

MO

Matt O.

Internet, 51-200 employees

I've tried a couple like it, and prefer CloudApp

Pros

Super easy to use. The toolbar thing makes it super easy to pull up. The automatically-created link makes it super easy. The annotate feature is super handy and robust enough. The video record / gif create features are super clutch, too.

Cons

One thing I wish it offered, and that I"ve never seen before, is the ability to create a screenshot of an infinite scroll. So for example, rather than just be locked into screenshotting something I can see on my static screen, I'd like the ability to tell CLoudApp a portion of my screen to record, then scroll down, and have it stitch multiple screenshots into one long image.

DC

Dave C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Handy tool for Screenshots and Quick Videos

Pros

Cloudapp is one of a few tools that I use on a daily basis. I love that I can quickly upload large files and people can comment on them. I'm also excited to see the recent addition of webhooks which can be used in conjunction with Zapier. Other things I like: - Allows me to know if a file has been seen. - Capture + Do option.

Cons

Heres a few things I would love to see: - A mobile app & CTA buttons on uploaded files so you can roll your own Bonjoro style tool and greet customers with personalized videos. - Better document analytics - Better options for creating full page screenshots

Design, self-employed

"CLOUDAPP" THE PERFECT APP FOR STORING YOUR IMPORTANT FILES YOU NEED IT MOST!!!!

STORING THE IMPORTANT PROJECTS AND DATA OF MY WORK

Pros

WE CAN SAVE THE DATA IN THE CLOUD STORAGE AND THE DATA CAN BE STREAMED IN ANY DEVICE LIKE ANDROID, IOS, WINDOWS ETC.

Cons

THE ABILITY TO STREAM THE SAVED FILES IN ANY DEVICES

NT

Nigel T.

I use it many times a day

It makes it super easy to communicate visually with colleagues.

Pros

It's so useful and easy to use, and allows me to communicate effectively with colleagues. I use it several times a day.