Dropbox Business Logo

Dropbox Business

File syncing, storage & sharing platform

Dropbox Business Reviews

4.5

21.5K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

Its a very helpful tool. I use when when I work from home and I love when I have all my documents on my MacBook from dropbox- without copying them; they just are there, love it.
Love the different type of software it has to offer such as storage or the quality of being able to save.
Very user friendly interface sync is very reliable good retention features. Lan sync and smart sync features are great.
The group and user policy is alittle bit weird to understand and alittle bit confusing. I had to redo the whole access policy twice because it was not working as i wanted.
To have the file uploaded in the background with limited speeds irrespective of the download or upload speed is something that has irritated me.
It has some integration that sometimes provides warnings through Excel, but other file types are completely at risk of having conflicting copies.

21,572 reviews

Allen E.

President

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Dropbox Business Review: Get Rid Of Physical Drives.

Joshua S.

Attorney

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Better than almost all alternatives

Transcript

Josh S.: Hi. My name is Josh and I own and run a boutique criminal defense, personal injury and civil...

Karolis S.

Research, 501-1,000 employees

A solution to multiple version documents.

All in all, I am very happy with Dropbox. The best solution to work in team while editing documents. No need to send them to all team members. Also, the felling of security is very nice.

Pros

The most liked thing about Dropbox is that it works as a simple folder in my computer and I can easily create document, work on it, press save and it is automatically saved in the cloud and I do not need to think about it. This automatic function is very useful. Also, the drag and drop function is very good. This can be done with any document and my colleagues who are working on the same file can easily add their changes. Also, the storage size is quite impressive. Also, the recovery function saved me a few times. As far as I know, only Dropbox has this functionality which is so user friendly.

Cons

There was one update after which double pressing on the Dropbox icon would not open the folder view, but some other view, so I needed to press few times again in order to enter folder view. That was annoying.

Habibah M.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great quality for a cloud storage software

In our office, I use Dropbox Business to keep all of our documents in one location for our entire team. It's instrumental because we have records shared around the organization and files that are only used by my team. It's effortless to make a folder, upload it, and share it with others. It's also much more stable than other platforms when it comes to keeping track of sensitive data.

Pros

I like that it is straightforward to build a folder and share it with multiple people at once. It's also convenient to have all this set up from my own Control Panel files on my phone, so I can simply drag and drop files from my stored folders and transfer them into a Dropbox database. My organization is now using Dropbox, and the business account provides us with enough storage to hold all of our documents in one safe location.

Cons

It's not as complicated as Google Drive or any other online storage systems, but Dropbox Business doesn't have any of the same functionality, but it gets the job done. When there are so many people sharing stuff across channels, it becomes cluttered.

VK

Vandana K.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Reliable and Secure

Pros

It's the most recognisable global brands in file sharing and data storage.

Cons

Its security feature is so strong that sometimes it's a hassel to get past it if one has forgotten the password(Lol)

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

File sync issues on Mac OS

We've gone from Google, to Box, to Dropbox (we're now back to google drive) looking for a file sharing solution for our agency. We have thousands of files accessed by designers and developers across various workplace locations. Unfortunately, we've had to leave this platform because file structures weren't updating properly. Some users wouldn't see some files. Didn't seem to be a permissions issue...

Pros

Very fast connectivity. Robust security. Good permissions management. Speeds were sufficient to work directly in cloud files without issue. Cloud files were integrated directly into the native OS file browsing.

Cons

File sync issues across our organization.

ma

melissa a.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Dropbox in a medical business

Unlike other software, Dropbox Business has a good memory capacity, sometimes it falls short considering the material we upload to the platform, however, it has been the only one that has been able to collaborate with us in our employee education process due to Because it allows us to upload many more resources than other software and preserves them for a longer time.

Pros

We have easily accessible information regarding our patients and medical and technical education as a company. For us it is very important to train our staff with the best teachers, courses, diplomas and conferences, generating their own medical criteria for each employee. Dropbox allows us to have this information at hand and easily accessible to everyone outside and inside the company.

Cons

Certain documents, especially recorded conferences, are very heavy and usually take up a significant part of the memory offered by the software.

eM

elizabeth M.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Storage and sharing

It is a great tool for the day to day sharing and storing files regardless of whether they are images or docs, large or small files. Great tool to have

Pros

able to store and share files and pictures without having to change the files

Cons

I don't have any cons, it is a great tool.

NP

Nischal P.

Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees

Dropbox: For All, For us

Pros

The file sharing feature is outstanding where i share and store file with my workgroup easily.

Cons

I like file sharing and store facility most.

SH

Shenuka H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Dropbox experience

Great cloud storage tool for used if anyone haven't use it yet

Pros

I've used Dropbox and it's good cloud storage tool to use. Can upload files, photos and etc. Also they allow to add same account to three different devices which a good feature. Easy registration with simple userinterface.

Cons

Only that I dislike is 2 GB free cloud storage which enough for users. All other features are perfect and fine

JE

Josel E.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Using Dropbox is Good

Good and very comfortable to used.

Pros

All of them since its easy to use and user friendly

Cons

None. I like all of its uses since its good when it comes to drop boxes

Zakaria G.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Easy sharing

Pros

IT is very simple to use for everyone, very intuitive UI.

Cons

From user perspective I dont recall anything.

DS

David S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System

It's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.

Pros

It just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...

CJ

Carissa J.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Outdated product - needs some upgrades to remain competitive

Overall, this is a great software option for companies to use if they don't need very robust security features (ie HIPPA/FERPA) options. It is very easy for multiple teams and companies to work together to house documents and see what version of the document they are looking at. The software is easy to sync up to a desktop and always ensure that the web version vs your desktop is the same. It is also...

Pros

The nice part about Dropbox is that it is pretty easy to use and has a free option if you are looking to use it for personal use. The software is easy to switch between mobile and desktop and has a pretty basic way to organize documents, pictures, etc in folders. It is also easy to share the docs/folders with a link or make them public, if needed. We utilize this software to share documents across multiple companies for different projects and house the different versions of the documents in a single place.

Cons

Security updates are lacking when compared to alternatives like Box. We need to keep a very specific set of security functionality for our documents in the higher education industry and Dropbox is not meeting the needs of our industry any longer; therefore, we have to be selective on what documents we are using the software for now. I am sure that Dropbox will update their security functions soon,...

BA

Benjamin A.

Photography, 1-10 employees

If you have a team that needs to collaborate, look no further

my overall experience has been positive. there has been some issues as with any service, but dropbox has been great to work with and has been helpful. Adding the FTP capability a couple of years ago has been a huge upgrade to the account and makes me want to stick with them indefinitely

Pros

Dropbox has been my go-to software for over 5 years. We use dropbox to collaborate between video projects, graphic projects, and photo projects. We have editors all over the world and nothing works better than dropbox. I've tried using google drive multiple times, but dropbox's desktop sync has been the best thing for our collaboration. Transferring files to clients have been so simple on both ends. Every time we've sent files using google drive, we've had nothing but problems. Dropbox makes it super easy to send files and to gather files. Their file request functionality has been amazing to work with and makes it easy to collaborate with clients outside of our dropbox network.

Cons

The syncing can be a little slow especially with large files, but our work around is using an FTP client to log into dropbox to download and upload files directly to and from dropbox. sometimes we'll have syncing issues, but their file conflict solution has made it manageable to work with but still needs some work. the pricing it through the roof, but when you break it down into it's benefits, it's not so bad—but i do find myself constantly talking myself into the price being ok every time that annually payment goes through.

JH

James H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

An integral part of your business

I continue to recommend Dropbox Business to anyone who will listen. The abilities to share, secure, store and control access to files of all types is necessary for the everyday workflow of most if not all businesses. It’s wonderful!

Pros

The multi-device syncing and storage is crucial. In addition, access control and general integration with a number of services makes Dropbox Business the go to solution for remote storage and sharing, in my opinion.

Cons

While I think it can seem a bit expensive, once added into your workflow and business usage, you’ll find it indispensable.

MS

Mark Senyo A.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

file sharing at its easiest

Dropbox business has impacted the way we run our departments significantly; making our processes more streamline and efficient in a lot of ways. Where previously, reports had to be attached in email and sent from one unit to the other, Dropbox now allows us to share them with multiple users by just dragging and dropping. Apart from solving the file storage loophole of that system, the desktop alerts and notifications also allows all team members stay alert to updates and subsequent steps.

Pros

What I like most about Dropbox is that access can be granted or restricted per user not only to the folder level, but also to the file level. This has made our electronic filing system exceptionally cleaner; where previously we had to separate clients' files into different folders and restrict access to those containing folders simply to limit unauthorized access, we can now have everything in one folder, but restrict access based on user's account types.

Cons

For security purposes, I think a single account should have different levels of control specific to each device they have synced to their account. We have had a few cases where mobile devices with synced dropbox accounts were stolen and lost. Personal computers which are less likely to be lost can be allowed to access the full range of control while mobile devices have limited control.

Anuj K.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Safely Store Business Data On Cloud Space For Backup and Remote Work

Dropbox helps our business by storing all of business photos, docs, and videos on cloud space. We mostly use to store client report and give access to client directly. It Upload automatically backs up everything from our mobile and desktop to Dropbox so we'll never lose an image again. Manage our business files easily with the Dropbox app. We can quickly share links to Dropbox files or entire folders with anyone. One more advantage of Dropbox access to all our important documents without having to carry a USB drive or download anything. No need to Worry about losing our files and business data, Dropbox helps to keep track of our documents, photos and videos. Access our business data from any device and share folder with an unlimited number of people.

Pros

• Easiest way to store and share files online while keeping them safe across all of our computers and devices. • With automatic backup, we'll never lose any file. • Users can store pictures, videos, and other files on Dropbox's servers. • Files placed in a Dropbox folder are automatically uploaded to Dropbox's servers. • Dropbox allows us to store any type of business file on its secure server. • Syncs across all devices so we can access our files from anywhere.

Cons

No issue was faced with Dropbox because all the queries were solved by the customer team. Very fast response.

Faisal Faruque R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The Best Tool For Content Collaboration!

I was a Dropbox Personal plan user for a long time. When I started my own company I immediately needed a file sharing and collaboration tool to use internally. Without any second thought, I chose Dropbox Business and I don't regret that decision. This meets all my needs and the most important thing is that Dropbox Business is quite inexpensive compared to other tools. Besides, the native software lets me manage my files from any device. Due to all of these reasons I always recommend Dropbox Business to other people.

Pros

I consider this as the ultimate productivity tool and this is a must-have for any company out there. The thing I most love about this tool is its flexible storage plans. I can upgrade and downgrade my plans according to my need and believe me, it saves a lot of money which is very important for a startup. Also, the version history feature is a lifesaver for collaborative projects. Dropbox Business does really well in terms of organizing files and tagging them automatically. It saves additional time required to organize those files and overall increases productivity.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.

MS

Michelle S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Dropbox is a must-have for remote clients and employees

With both our employees and our clients being remote, Dropbox has been essential in our operations.

Pros

Our company operates 100% remotely for both our employees and our clients. We request a lot of documents from our clients who are located throughout the country, and then our employees, who also work remotely throughout the country, review the documents. Dropbox allows for the effortless exchange of documents from our clients without the client having to sign in or create an account. Managerial controls...

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Dropbox is that font on the document exchange page that the customer sees is unprofessional-looking, in my opinion.

KV

Kaitlyn V.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Pleased with the quality

Overall it's really not too bad, it gets the job done and I'm very pleased with the ease of access from mobile devices. It was good for us as a small business and I would recommend it. We stored our design ideas, drafts, ads and marketing products, records, and invoices with Dropbox Business.

Pros

The most convenient feature is the mobile access and ease of use. Unlike similar products it is easily accessible from your phone or mobile device and most features are still functional. I'm pleased with the level of encryption and the privacy policy. The remote access and controls are adequate and two factor authentication is available. The lost file recovery is a life saver. Organization is easy with customizable folders. Sharing files is easy. Overall the quality is good.

Cons

There are problems when uploading documents specifically. When I do get successful uploads they're jumbled up and display on half of the screen. I don't know why this happens but it's so annoying and time consuming. The price and what you get for your money could be improved.. It's lacking several things including communication and collaboration tools and Metadata search criteria.

Sara S.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Dropbox: Quality for Use!

Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!

Pros

I think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices....

Cons

I don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Reliable and fast-syncing cloud storage app with fair pricing

Storing and syncing files I use frequently between my devices

Pros

To me, the best aspect of Dropbox is that it syncs very quickly and consistently. I never have to wonder if it did or didn't sync my files or folders, which is a problem I've encountered with other apps. That, and it is simple enough to use that even the most computer illiterate people can usually figure it out. Just about everyone knows about it and has seen/used a Dropbox link before, so it makes life easier when trying to share files. The Pro plan (what I use) isn't a bargain, but for the reliability I'd say it's fair enough and worth paying for if you have the budget. It has built in video players, document and image viewers and audio players so that the person you're sharing with doesn't need an external application to view your file.

Cons

For Dropbox to be such a big company, I expect more options for managing and sharing my files, especially in the mobile app. Sometimes, it is very frustrating trying to figure out how to carry out a certain action, or worse, realizing there's no built in feature for that action at all. I'm not sure if this is Dropbox's way of trying to "dumb down" the application to try and simplify things for its...

RS

Riza S.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Review about DROPBOX

"Our association utilizes Dropbox, a superb distributed storage framework, for document allotment, Enormous limit with respect to putting away and keeping up with a lot of information in the cloud. With just Dropbox access, we can store documents and have them readily available at whatever point we really want them. What we've viewed as the most helpful part of Dropbox is its easy to use interface,...

Pros

The fundamental benefit is: Dropbox is very well known among purchasers. Numerous representatives likely have utilized Dropbox previously and are know about it. So taking on Dropbox is probably not going to confront obstruction.Other than that, there are not many benefits. A little organization could like its effortlessness (and absence of cutting edge highlights). Be that as it may, Dropbox administration...

Cons

File ManagementDevice SyncingWeb InterfaceFile Type SupportSearchMobile AppsCollaborationFile followingFile SharingSimultaneously EditingChange Tracking / Audit LogsAdministrationUser and Role ManagementSingle Sign-OnPolicies and ControlsDevice ManagementStorage LimitsSecurity

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

finest in class. It is a must for teamwork, and I use it every day to store all of my work

I've been using Dropbox for a long time, and I still think it dominates the cloud market. Due to its constant addition of useful features, Dropbox has been able to keep up with its rivals. However, I believe the business could do better in terms of privacy, such as by implementing Zero Knowledge encryption.

Pros

Dropbox is the best software available for quickly backing up essential records and sharing information. Dropbox is amazing for making backups of documents from anywhere thanks to its strong support for mobile devices like phones and tablets. It offers a lightweight design and an intuitive user interface for exploring your organisers. Through Dropbox, you may quickly share any document inside to anyone. Any document sent to your capacity can be viewed online, which is advantageous if your web accessibility is erratic. Dropbox collaboration is quite effective since you can work directly on the platform without shifting the file to a detached medium like your phone or computer. Instead of overwriting records, Dropbox creates

Cons

I believe separate levels of authority should be assigned to each device that has been synchronised to a single account for security reasons. There have been a few instances of stolen and lost mobile devices with synchronised Dropbox accounts. Mobile devices have limited control, whereas personal PCs, which are less likely to be misplaced, can access the entire spectrum of control.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

The king of online storage with some caveats

Pros

The core product of Dropbox is rock solid. It's an easy to use, fast, no nonsense online storage and file sharing service. Sharing content with a link is very good and easy to use, plus the option to receive comments on this content is very welcome for many professionals. Shared folders appear in your collaborators respective Dropbox and sync instantly. Nerdy things like delta-updates (meaning that if you change a single word to your file, it only uploads the difference and not the whole file again), LAN syncing (computers in the same local network don't have to download shared folders' content) are not just nice to have, but a core details that push Dropbox over the top.

Cons

Lately Dropbox has been trying to nickel and dime Plus users: their new file streaming functionality in reserved only for Pro (their mid tier). Additionally, they have been pushing heavily for either Free or Plus users to upgrade to more costly tiers, quite obtrusively. Also, they couldn't issue a business invoice for my Plus account, as this was only possible for Pro account -- although it's clearly...

JM

Joel M.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

UNBEATABLE Cloud Storage!!

Very Amazing!! Very Fast and Reliable sync capabilities of cloud Storage, Very easy to Use, Budget Friendly, User-friendly, with Reliable Security feature.

Pros

Awesome!!! It is One of the Best-known cloud and file sharing services, while it offers storage as well syncing for all files..... -Perfectly designed to Backup...

Cons

There's nothing I can say bad about this cloud storage. Everyone should try it and benefit from its very important and effective services. You will also be amazed.