Dropbox Business Logo

Dropbox Business

File syncing, storage & sharing platform

Dropbox Business Reviews

4.5

19K

12,012

5,398

1,344

How would you rate Dropbox Business?

Pros

Its a very helpful tool. I use when when I work from home and I love when I have all my documents on my MacBook from dropbox- without copying them; they just are there, love it.

MK

Marcelina K.

Love the different type of software it has to offer such as storage or the quality of being able to save.

Very user friendly interface sync is very reliable good retention features. Lan sync and smart sync features are great.

AA

Adrian A.

Cons

The group and user policy is alittle bit weird to understand and alittle bit confusing. I had to redo the whole access policy twice because it was not working as i wanted.

Aviram G.

To have the file uploaded in the background with limited speeds irrespective of the download or upload speed is something that has irritated me.

It has some integration that sometimes provides warnings through Excel, but other file types are completely at risk of having conflicting copies.

JM

Jeanne M.

19,037 reviews

Joshua S.

Attorney at Law

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Better than almost all alternatives

Transcript

Josh S.: Hi. My name is Josh and I own and run a boutique criminal defense, personal injury and civil...

Great Status Quo for Keeping Everyone on the Same Page

Transcript

Jakob B.: Hi, I'm Jake. I'm a senior manager at an events company and I give Dropbox four out of five...

Dropbox saved all my precious data when my computer got stollen on vacation.

We work using shared folders for all file transfers. Data shares quickly and updates instantly

Pros

It works flawlessly. I was travelling Europe with a data plan and in the background Dropbox kept all my files safe. The camper got broken into and bag with computer stollen. Upon my return from my trip, I got a new computer and after an evening of letting it update, everything was restored and in exactly the same places I left them.

Cons

Sometimes the updates can slow down internet speeds, but thankfully its easy to pause and resume syncing.

Dropbox Business Review

I have been using Dropbox for many years and i still believe it is the market leader in the cloud space. Dropbox has managed to keep up with its competitors because it keeps adding relevant features. However i feel like the company could do better in regards to privacy for example the lack of Zero knowledge encryption.

Pros

A reliable storage and syncing facility. Can integrate well with Office 365 and Google workplace. Dropbox can give 2000 gig of files and allows sharing with clients. This is facilitated by powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase. Dropbox brings your files together in one central place. Dropbox keep on evolving by introducing new features thus remaining competitive in the market.

Cons

Dropbox is expensive when you want to upgrade from free to Dropbox plus or other payment plan. If you require storage that comes with office suit you will need to pay more. The company openly admits that it can access data so as to share with third parties. Poor privacy policies.

Dropbox drops your files and losses documents and your passwods

We used Drobox daily since I worked remotely before Covid-19 . There was issues with being able to get in due to the 2 step accountability. We also used Sookasa which duplicated our products. Dropbox tried to take the documents and the pictures from the computer and when you close your account it wants to keep all your objects. This is a form of hostage taking. Some of those forms were designed by me some of the pictures had been sold to clients. None of that should be in anyone else's hands.

Pros

It was accessible from anywhere if you could get in.

Cons

Dropbox tried to take over all photos and documents on the computer even when denyed.

If you are looking for the easiest file management software, look NO further!

Once again, this is the best. So easy to use. Safe, secure, storage and backup. Allows many to see and share files - with your permission. And gives me complete confidence that the files that are critical to me are safe and easy to access when I need them.

Pros

The package of Dropbox I purchased was VERY reasonably priced. The storage capacity online is more than enough. It is also safe, can be expanded, and easy to access. Saving files is done without even thinking! And they even have a "file naming" option that makes life TOO easy! Love this produce since the first day I got.

Cons

There are a few times I have had to think about the best set up for my daily file maintenance. But there are great videos on the Internet and once you spend a bit of time watching them and exploring the features, the work is worth it. Also I keep wondering if there are other features I should be using so maybe a "daily" "Did You Know?" feature would be nice to slowly learn new things it can do.

There Are Other Options, But This One Is The King

Again, there are free options available that can do the job of Dropbox Business, but I know that this does the job better and I rather pay the extra money. To have the user interface, the seamless integration between my desktop and the cloud, and the syncing. This is a superior product to all of those on the market.

Pros

This is a seamless solution to problems that many businesses face, sharing and storing documents. When I was at a firm, we first started using Dropbox business, so that the firm could share work amongst all of the partners, even though I have Google and Microsoft options, I still rather pay for Dropbox, because I know it to be superior.

Cons

The only con is that Google Workplace and Microsoft both offer products that are bundled in their subscriptions that can do the job. I do not know what the price point is where we quit using Dropbox Business, but I know it does exist.

Higher Priced Data Management That Doesn't Disappoint

Dropbox has been a reliable stalwart for our business and has done exactly what we need to it to do. I do believe time has led to increased competition from when we first began with Dropbox, and so shopping around now is tempting especially when you consider consolidating several different platforms into one monthly price for data management, email, and file sharing.

Pros

Dropbox is an excellent data management platform for SMBs due to it's user friendly design and accessibility. The reliability of access, archiving, and sync are all pros for this tried and true software.

Cons

While I have very few complaints about Dropbox for our business, I know there are more cost effective solutions in the market that offer more features that extend beyond the data management sandbox.

We keep going back to it!

We have used it for the last 5/6 years and have always loved it. We have worked with business mentors who say we should use One Drive or GoogleDrive and have trialled them both then gone back to Dropbox. We and all of the freelancers and volunteers that work in our organisation prefer Dropbox and we get less queries from people struggling to access files as the registration process is simpler.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use, we work with people who aren’t always very good with software & computers and everyone can access the files without a problem.

Cons

We are really happy with it. We find it easy to use day to day and easy to find documents and collaborate.

It's Just amazing and very secure as It keeps my files safe with powerful online storage.

I feel like It doesn't provide me with the latest technology for searches it lacks the meta data and i feel like google drive gives me more space with my free account compared to drobox.

Pros

It's a hassle free as I can share any file easily with anyone as it impacts the workplace positively.

Cons

Nothing as I tend to think. It just has to get more developed as per the metadata search functionality.

Solid storage and sharing solution

Pros

I have been using Dropbox for many years. They have rock solid up time and speeds. It is very easy to share files between users. Large storage space. Apps for desktop and mobile. My favorite feature is that every change is synced and I can roll back any deletions.

Cons

There are slightly cheaper options, but we've been using Dropbox for so long it doesn't make sense to switch to save a few bucks every month.

Safety Place

Pros

I like the feature of using links and attachments.

Cons

I have faced a problem with uploading some files.

Dropbox has evolved into much more than a simple cloud storage solution for me

Dropbox seemed like the perfect tool for collaborative work at my institution because of its fantastic capabilities.

Pros

As soon as I save a file to a Dropbox folder, the app automatically syncs it to all other computers or devices that share that folder. One of the most obvious benefits of using a cloud storage service like Dropbox is that my files are protected even if my computer is not. Dropbox Paper, which was launched in January 2017, is the company's best collaborative tool. I'm thinking about making a Paper that can be shared with others.

Cons

A free Dropbox Basic account has limited storage but includes the majority of the features included in paid subscriptions. Dropbox also allows users to delete their Basic accounts. Free accounts expire after 12 months and 90 days of inactivity, and any files in them are deleted. Dropbox's organizational structure isn't very novel.

Easy file management and cloud storage system

Dropbox has always been a reliable service for me and has saved me from accidental deletions of design files I've worked hours on. Mac sync app works well, though there have been times I've had to pause and restart sync to get files to download/upload. Sharing permissions have been helpful when working with others.

Pros

Great file synchronization to the cloud. Smart Sync has been a game changer for freeing up hard drive space while still having access to files stored in the cloud. Reliable storage and file management. File sharing has been seamless. 180 days to recover files has been sufficient, even 30 days on the plus plan is great.

Cons

The push to upgrade can be frustrating. Also the online interface could be updated, although I do mainly use the built in sync features on my Mac.

Safe, Simple, and Secure

Dropbox Business has proven to be worth exponentially more than the cost of maintaining its services. The sheer convenience of being able to access necessary information by staff regardless of where they are located saves us significantly more money and increases our productivity. The additional benefits of having the ability to restrict access to certain documents removes the fear that lower level...

Pros

Dropbox for Business has allowed us to transition from an old-fashioned paper filing system to an efficient cloud-based storage system that is not only exponentially more convenient but also incredibly secure. Our files are able to be accessed from any location, and the time it takes to find specific information has been drastically reduced due to the search features in Dropbox. Furthermore, the ability to limit access to certain files and folders to certain levels of staff allows all of our staff to access all the information they need without providing access to sensitive information that is restricted to upper-level staff. With Dropbox's features, our ability to access vital information in a timely manner while maintaining information security has never been better.

Cons

Transitioning from a paper filing system to an online one was a lengthy process. For several weeks, we had to operate redundant systems while we scanned and transferred our existing files into Dropbox. In hindsight, if we had realized the amount of time and effort this transition would take, we would have explored options to have a third party company perform a mass migration of our files so that we could transition from all-paper to exclusively digital at once.

With Dropbox Business software, people's lives have been made a lot better

Dropbox also gives a lot of people a lot of options because it comes with both a mobile version and a web version of the same. This means that different people can access the storage platform from any device they might be on.

Pros

Dropbox has a simple interface that makes it easy for both the user and anyone who wants to use it for the first time. This makes it easy for both people. Dropbox has made it easy for the users to be able to sync their files across different platforms, which also allows them to access the files from anywhere. If I want to share a file, I can also make multiple copies of the same file so that the file can be seen in different places. In some cases, users may be able to get the file back later. In other storage platforms, the user doesn't have as much freedom as this gives them

Cons

At times, the lack of tabs can make it hard to find older versions of files or copies that have been deleted. I have to wait a while for things to download from, upload to, and sync with Dropbox for Business. I often have to wait a long time for your files to show up. The navigation could use a new look to make it easier to find the files you want. The way things are now makes it a little more difficult to find files. It's not that bad, but for what we need, it's a little too much. Because, really, no one needs unlimited cloud storage. People who make Dropbox have the right to use encryption, but only those people have the keys to them. The users can't get private encryption.

A good quality cloud storage with poor web interface

Dropbox offers reliable cloud storage, we store 99% of our files there and it has saved us a few times. The computer apps work well and syncing is a breeze. With slower computers, Dropbox syncing can seriously slow the computer down unless the download and upload rates are limited to a minimum. The browser interface is not good at all, it is not reacting fast, is non-informative, and functionalities are hidden. I really wish they could make a major update.

Pros

We have used Dropbox from its early days. It has always offered reliable cloud storage and it has saved us two times after hardware breakdowns. So definitely worth the money.

Cons

The weakest link is the online interface. It is very sluggish, limited with functions and doesn't provide much information. I try to avoid it as much as I can, and really wonder why they haven't made it better.

The Best Tool For Content Collaboration!

I was a Dropbox Personal plan user for a long time. When I started my own company I immediately needed a file sharing and collaboration tool to use internally. Without any second thought, I chose Dropbox Business and I don't regret that decision. This meets all my needs and the most important thing is that Dropbox Business is quite inexpensive compared to other tools. Besides, the native software lets me manage my files from any device. Due to all of these reasons I always recommend Dropbox Business to other people.

Pros

I consider this as the ultimate productivity tool and this is a must-have for any company out there. The thing I most love about this tool is its flexible storage plans. I can upgrade and downgrade my plans according to my need and believe me, it saves a lot of money which is very important for a startup. Also, the version history feature is a lifesaver for collaborative projects. Dropbox Business does really well in terms of organizing files and tagging them automatically. It saves additional time required to organize those files and overall increases productivity.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.

Who knew storage could be this fun!

I love the product for what it does, since it does it well. Rather than a docusign or google docs alternative I would have preferred better integrations with third party software. As a storage solution however, it is an app that keeps you coming back.

Pros

- The user interface is mind-blowingly aesthetic. Layout is very intuitive - Creating shared folders is very quick - Automated folder feature. I love being able to unzip files automatically when they are uploaded. I also use the automatic renaming feature. - Integrations with the G Suite as well as the Microsoft Suite. - We use the business API in our product. The documentation is excellent, the app...

Cons

- Not cheap - Searching does not work for Trash - Collaborative tools like Paper do not really work with concurrent edits. Google Docs wins in this regard - The existing integrations are really good, but there aren't enough integrations. e.g. An integration with Gong, Salesforce, Slack etc. would really useful

My personal experience using Dropbox

Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages. Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations. Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs. Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

Pros

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage. Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Cons

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program. Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique

Dropbox Business Review

My overall experience with Dropbox Business is great. The product is amazing for what it does and it is extremely easy to use even for beginners.

Pros

The ability to sync files across multiple computer on any platform and the ability to edit files on the fly without having to download the file to the local drive.

Cons

Syncing files can take quite a long time on a new computer that just had the desktop client installed.

Centralized and secure file storage and file collaboration.

Where I work it was determined that it was worth paying, we are many people, and honestly Dropbox Business does a very good job, and it is scalable in an enterprise way. My personal and collective experience has been beneficial. And as a recommendation; if you are helping your company to choose a cloud storage and collaboration software, or you are directly the one who makes the final decision, I recommend trying the free version first and not go directly to pay monthly or annual licenses, because everyone has different needs, perhaps for very small companies it is not convenient.

Pros

When our organization switched to the Dropbox Business plan, everything changed dramatically for the better, and it's not as if the free version was bad, but the storage limits were no longer a problem. Dropbox is completely versatile and competent, as it not only serves us for cloud storage, but has valuable features and tools for collaboration within the same platform, where we have spreadsheets, documents, multimedia content and all kinds of necessary files. I also noticed that security is a remarkable factor in Dropbox Business, as it allows remote deletion of any unit, and has different types of authentication, permissions for users in the management of documents, among other factors.

Cons

Dropbox is full of positive qualities and functions that have been very helpful to all of us, however the mobile application is not my favorite, it is a little slow, and when downloading or pull a file from there is a headache because it consumes a lot of data, so I must wait to connect to wifi and even then the process is slow; and I do not think it's the fault of my device because I'm not the only one that happens. It may not be a big problem and I should just use my computer for such activities, but the mobile application is not an ornament; it is also necessary to access the app from time to time if the situation requires it and do what you need to do smoothly and without problems.

Drobox for Business with e-sign is a great workflow for the digital era.

A leader and continues to be. With new features it is a tool that small or medium size agencies can invest into for digital transformation.

Pros

This is a great package for those we can afford such. The additional add in for e-sign has made the dropbox stand out from day 1. It is simple to install and most time (90%) it does it thing and sync the file to the cloud. The ability to view file without having some pre-installed software is a great feature as compared to other tools that forces the users to have installed application to open or...

Cons

It is costing a bit for these services. Collaboration is challenging in low bandwidth environments. Two users will often complain that they are seeing two version of the document. Which is understandably annoying..

Dropbox business a perfect solution for cloud based storage

The dropbox business is valuable tool if you are looking to enhance your internal capability of storing data on a third-party cloud. It has helped to operate data from outside source without worrying about data lose due to system collapse. The features are overwhelming and help users in seperate ways. The product stands out among other for delivering superior experience in data management.

Pros

The security features are the best features for Dropbox business. You can make sure the file is well encrypted and can be shared through a secured channel like a link with others. The drag and drop function is effective when transferring large volume of documents to the cloud. Very easily accessible through remote locations and team collaboration features are easy to use. Version control by saving older version of file is a effective feature.

Cons

Sync and integration issues require most attention from the customer support team. Syncing with local directory is always a problem as it becomes challenging to auto upload files to the system. Sharing file outside of the organization is troublesome as excess control becomes a big issue. Document searching is also another issue which is hard to address.

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times. Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

Pros

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data.. I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

Cons

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Safely Store Business Data On Cloud Space For Backup and Remote Work

Dropbox helps our business by storing all of business photos, docs, and videos on cloud space. We mostly use to store client report and give access to client directly. It Upload automatically backs up everything from our mobile and desktop to Dropbox so we'll never lose an image again. Manage our business files easily with the Dropbox app. We can quickly share links to Dropbox files or entire folders with anyone. One more advantage of Dropbox access to all our important documents without having to carry a USB drive or download anything. No need to Worry about losing our files and business data, Dropbox helps to keep track of our documents, photos and videos. Access our business data from any device and share folder with an unlimited number of people.

Pros

• Easiest way to store and share files online while keeping them safe across all of our computers and devices. • With automatic backup, we'll never lose any file. • Users can store pictures, videos, and other files on Dropbox's servers. • Files placed in a Dropbox folder are automatically uploaded to Dropbox's servers. • Dropbox allows us to store any type of business file on its secure server. • Syncs across all devices so we can access our files from anywhere.

Cons

No issue was faced with Dropbox because all the queries were solved by the customer team. Very fast response.

Dropbox, Most Trusted Place for Cloud Purpose

If we talk about my overall experience with dropbox then it was excellent. I never realized that I should look over for another cloud storage and should leave the dropbox. I am using Dropbox for a long time and I have no complaints from any of my clients regarding download speed or privacy protection. Now if you also thinking of a cloud storage platform for hosting purposes or for personal data saving purposes, then belove nothing will be perfect for you except dropbox. I assure you that you will have a good experience with dropbox. So stop thinking right now and start using dropbox.

Pros

I have liked the pricing plan of dropbox too much. Moreover, Acess controls and permission management is my favorite feature at all. I know there is a lot of platforms offering this feature but there is no option of preventing the user from the download. I use to deliver my digital good to my clients with the helo of dropbox. But before doing any deal, every customer use to ask me for proof, show me...

Cons

Of course, there is nothing that disappoints me at any point while using dropbox. But I would like to have some improvements in my favourite platform from the team. The uploading speed of the dropbox mobile application is a little bit slower than the website uploading speed. And it takes a little bit longer to complete uploading than uploading from the website. But uploading from android is little bur cooler and smart way. That's why I would like that the respected dropbox team should have a look at this problem and should resolve it as soon as possible. So I can keep using dropbox without any trouble and hesitation on android too.