Dropbox Reviews

Dropbox

File syncing, storage & sharing platform

4.51/5 (16,253 reviews)

Pros
  • Been a great tool for my band to use and allows us to all stay on task and connected and moving forward been an amazing experience and easy to use.Karmon W.Read the full review
  • Dropbox is a very good tool to have and there are other products available at a much affordable price. I think it can be improved further and made more affordable in data storage packages.khushwinder s.Read the full review
  • Dropbox is the best file management service I've used. Their plans are great, their revisions for documents feature is great, and the apps all work really well.Ruairi M.Read the full review
Cons
  • Extremely poor customer support, lack of empathy and flexibility. Refusal to settle disputes equitably.Stephen C.Read the full review
  • Some of my other friends swear by Dropbox but i am one of the few that have had enough problems with it that i jumped ship.Gabriela E.Read the full review
  • Customer support and just finding that support team stinks. Go on their forum or whatever they call that to look for answers, I hate searching as I’m frustrated enough trying to figure out.Jamie D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
samuel toby

Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform… Dropbox Business makes it Better

Reviewed 2019-05-17

For a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.

Pros
Dropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file’s permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user’s file locked to unauthorized access. My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don’t have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size. Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files. Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.

Cons
Dropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps. The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.

Myrna Van

My go-to cloud service

Reviewed 2020-03-26

When my firm was looking at products/software to move towards a paperless office, we decided to go with Dropbox because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, and brand reputation. Given that several of our employees were already familiar with Dropbox for their personal needs, the transition to the "cloud" was quite easy. Just upload your existing files into organized folders, and you're done. At first, it took awhile to upload everything to the cloud due to the sheer volume of files being uploaded. But after the initial document "dump", adding new documents/files has been a breeze.

Pros
I like Dropbox's simple and easy-to-use interface. And from a business standpoint, the price is fairly reasonable. I also love the security that Dropbox provides by acting as a digital backup just in case anything happens. I like that you can access Dropbox through multiple platforms and devices--you can access it through a website, a computer application, your cell phone or your tablet--which is helpful when you're working from home, from different locations, or while you're on the road. Plus, sending documents via Dropbox gets there quicker, more secure, and eliminates paper waste, which ultimately saves time and money.

Cons
I really have no complaints about Dropbox at this time. The upload speed is quite fast, and I have no issues with accessing Dropbox.

Greg Adkins

Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients

Reviewed 2020-01-19

The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

Pros
Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

Cons
Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

Joseph Chetty

GOOD IDEA BUT NEEDS WORKING ON

Reviewed 2020-01-03

Not very pleasant. Highly annoying. You cannot get support staff on the line to walk you through.

Pros
I went onto Dropbox about 6 years ago when we required our documents to be stored in the cloud and teams could collaborate by accessing documents to work on. It works fine if you are just working on selected documents as they you can store what is only required and access them without any complications.

Cons
After I commenced using this software, I thought it would be a good idea to "replicate" my hard drive on my desktop computer into Dropbox in the cloud. This is where the challenge came in. I would have expected a mirror image of my desktop computer. However, I had to recreate directories and then upload my documents, which took forever. Dropbox speed is extremely slow although I have a very fast internet connection. Furthermore, when I wish to access my documents, it: a) takes forever to bring documents up b) brings them up in different formats - example: a Word document will not open again in my Word software, or an Excel Document in my Excel software. Instead, it opens it up on a similar format that is foreign to me. I must be able to access my document, it should open back in the original software provided I have it on the computer I am using, and I should be able to work on it and resend it back into the cloud. Dropbox lacks this and this is annoying. This is just one of the challenges I face. Their utilities menu is not easily understandable and one has to navigate and look for options which makes it highly annoying. Perhaps Dropbox should ask users what they require and develop their platform according to users requirements instead of trying to fit users into their BOX. I may not renew my subscription once it expires as I have downloaded all my files back to my hard drive and am not uploading anymore.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

"Kennedy" Marie Hernandez

Best Document Management Software for Personal Use and Small Businesses

Reviewed 2020-02-22

Overall, this is an excellent product. I can't imagine using anything else for my small law firm and for my own personal document management needs.

Pros
There aren't many negative things to say about Dropbox. They dominate this corner of the market, and it shows. Businesses nowadays are all about integration and automation. Virtually all other noteworthy software integrates directly with Dropbox, making automation a breeze. Dropbox's integration with MS Office 365 Online now makes it possible to make edits to MS Word and Excel documents right from Dropbox. "Dropbox Transfer" allows you to share or transfer a large number of documents with others, right from Dropbox. And if you subscribe to the "Professional" level, you can "rewind" changes and deletions to folders and documents for 180 days.

Cons
Not really a Con, just wishful thinking on my part: Dropbox integrates with Adobe Sign, which is great. However, right now, there is no integration to Adobe Document Cloud, which would allow a user to do more with PDFs right from Dropbox. But it looks like they are headed in that direction soon. Also, I'm not crazy about the "per user" pricing structure, but that is how most services charge nowadays. I do wish that the "rewind" feature was available for the Business and Enterprise levels.

Aaron Pinsker

Dropbox primarily does one thing - syncing files, but does it very well.

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Dropbox is dead simple to use, and thus extremely easy to setup for various clients. I use the free version of Dropbox (only 2GB of cloud storage) for small items to sync b/w multiple devices, and I have other clients that use the Business version of Dropbox across the entire organization. Despite its many short comings, and frustrations in pricing, Dropbox is simply unmatched in its file syncing capabilities.

Pros
Dropbox is truly designed for two things, syncing files b/w multiple devices and sharing those files with other Dropbox users. It does those two things extremely well. Dropbox has fantastic conflict resolution features - automatically creating a "conflicted copy" of a file whenever a potential conflict is detected (i.e. a file is being edited by two people at the same time). Dropbox also has plugins for Microsoft Office that allow for multiple people to edit a file simultaneously without creating conflicts. In addition, Dropbox provides a "smart sync" feature, allowing for files to be seen on the computer locally, but not stored locally until opened up. This allows a user to access all of his/her Dropbox files without using up disk space (though it does require an active internet connection).

Cons
For the price, Dropbox for Business is very limited compared to alternatives. Both Google's G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 cost comparable or less, and includes not just file syncing capabilities but an entire office suite. Dropbox's business practices are also somewhat suspect, as they have continually increase the price/month while reducing the features set. Often times, you can restore these missing features for an increased amount/month.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa

Essential for file sharing

Reviewed 2019-12-11

Dropbox is a must for the company. We keep everything necessary there, so we feel safe to keep our files backed up. We have a lot of peace of mind. When we have to write to several people in the same document, we do it without any worries. It's quite useful and straightforward. It's also easy to upload an important document that everyone in the office has to view and download. Communication is easy and effective. The smartphone application works very well, is very well optimized and allows for easy use. We don't always have to be on the PC to use Dropbox.

Pros
It's incredibly easy to use the Business version of Dropbox. It dramatically increases the productivity of teamwork because several people can edit the same document at the same time. It's great when there's a meeting to take notes or edit a report. Everything improves with the integration you have with Zoom; there's a perfect collaborative work dynamic. It's imperative to have backups of relevant documents that are handled in the company, so we always have everything stored in the Dropbox cloud, including files to programming. The security is impeccable, so in case of an emergency, we can always have access without this kind of inconvenience. The two-factor authentication is extra protection that is very useful for delicate operations within the account. The design is simple, intuitive and useful. I think it's perfect because it does everything you need. There's nothing to interrupt the experience, no unnecessary animations.

Cons
Uploading big files takes a long time, no matter how good your Internet connection is. Speed is limited for some reason I don't know, and that happens on every device in the office. The changes sometimes take a little while to synchronize. They are small details that I think must be improved to be the perfect software of this type.

Hao Ci Koay

Dropbox review

Reviewed 2019-12-01

Dropbox is so far the best cloud storage and syncing services platform, it satisfies my security concern for files sharing and it is a software I would recommend companies.

Pros
Dropbox provides easy file synchronization and supports files sharing, this allows companies to share, exchange and modify information in the cloud storage, which increases the productivity of workers as they can access the data everywhere besides improving the collaboration. Dropbox also provides access to deleted files and documents which is very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons
There is nothing much to complain about dropbox, the feature and performance are very outstanding as compared to other cloud storage service, the only disadvantage I personally could think of is its price.

Seb Patrick

Still the best file sync solution

Reviewed 2019-12-11

I have been using Dropbox for many years as both a personal and subsequently a business user. For my personal use it has been invaluable in allowing access to my work and files across all my devices, while from a business point of view it allows our creative team to seamlessly collaborate on work, even with large files and archives. While it does have a few niggles here and there I have yet to see or use a file storage/sync application that works to anywhere like the same level.

Pros
Dropbox works seamlessly with files across devices, and has by far the best uploading/syncing solution compared with competitors such as Google Drive and OneDrive. There are very rarely any issues with conflicting edits or lost files, and the backup/revision history has proven extremely useful on more than one occasion. The fact that it can just be installed and sit taking dominion over an entire folder structure without the user needing to really worry about whether things are syncing is a huge boon and is useful both for cross-team collaboration and for peace of mind when it comes to the security of data.

Cons
The price points are unfortunately lacking in a middle-ground option - speaking more as a personal user it's disappointing that the leap from free to paid user is so large, with no option to, for example, only use a few hundred GB rather than the full terabyte. It would also be useful if Dropbox could sync a range of folders on a particular machine, rather than everything needing to be grouped under one single "Dropbox" folder.

Eric Kobb

I love Dropbox!

Reviewed 2020-01-01

Pros
That I can access my files on any device!

Cons
I often receive emails from Dropbox about increasing my storage or other information

SARA LOERLEIN

Dropbox Allows Musicians to Share and Protect Files

Reviewed 2020-04-07

Dropbox solves sharing obstacles, as I can directly share songs and ideas immediately after I upload them. This makes working together possible even if we are not in the same room together. We can freely send ideas back and forth instantly and with ease. Dropbox offers a large amount of storage which is very useful when working with large media files. I know that my files are safe and will remain where I store them no matter what files I may lose on my personal computer. Dropbox has saved me from losing hours of work by safely storing my songs and music ideas.

Pros
Dropbox is a web based service that gives you a free space with an option of additional storage for a reasonable monthly fee. As a musician, it is essential to protect and share your music. I am able to upload files onto my Dropbox storage and send direct access to anyone I choose from all over the globe. Media files are typically large, so there is a huge benefit to have the ability to purchase additional data at any time. I feel safe knowing that my files are protected in the Dropbox cloud, especially in the event of a computer or program crash.

Cons
The Dropbox file compression will degrade the media quality to a noticeable extent when clicking a direct play link. The compression isnt as noticeable on downloaded media files.

Abraham Chongkit

Dropbox Business - Pros & Cons

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-03-19

Dropbox has provided the opportunity for employees in the organization to manage and share files locally and remotely without the need for carrying thumb drives from workstation to workstation. Not only has this feature enabled flexibility and efficiency in the work space but also improving the standard of work, saving time and energy as compared to other file management solution. While the sharing of information is critical Dropbox for Business allows the administrators to issue special permissions for users to access links and files. Administrators can further perform other security tasks such as the setting of expiration dates for every information that has been shared to the Cloud. This type of security measures are available to avoid breach of information on Dropbox for Business. Overall I would recommend this solution to any business that have the ability to implement the system.

Pros
The first time I heard about Dropbox for Business I didn't have the slightest clue what this system could do, let alone the benefits and impact it could have on an organization. What I like most about the software is the user friendly interface and how easy it is to setup an account compared to other systems out there. Once the account has been setup, you can give employees access immediately, so they can start syncing files, uploading files and creating folders between other computers from any location. As an administrator Dropbox for business made my life easier when managing multiple accounts. It gives you the flexibility to track existing files, lost files and other issues that come up from time to time. And if you already have Dropbox installed, you can upgrade to the business option from a free or Pro option, therefore incorporating existing user accounts into a business account without any additional work.

Cons
As it is common for any cloud solution, there is a price factor that needs to be considered carefully before a decision is made to go with the solution at hand. Dropbox for Business maybe a bit too expensive for small to medium size businesses. There is a 30-day free trial use for limited users only and if you do choose to go with the paid option, you will be looking at paying a price of $750 per year for just 5 user licenses. If you want to add more users the cost keeps increasing. Having Dropbox running within your organization can also impact the performance of your network bandwidth, that's if your users are uploading large files during peak production hours. You may have to do some tweaking and configuration from a network perspective to accommodate this new solution.

Leng Vizcaino

Great Tool for Teamwork

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-02

My overall experience with Dropbox Business was excellent, but I had to drop it due to the high price, which competes with Google Drive. I still use the free version of Dropbox for my organization, especially with everything related to team work, but I have to say that the Business one has better features and offers more space for your documents.

Pros
I love that this software allows to share information in real time. I think is excellent when working with a team. It provides a digital working space, which is very needed these days. Also, people are able to make changes to the same document without loosing its original functionalities. It can opens either with the explorer window (internet explorer, google, etc) or with the file explorer of the computer.

Cons
What I like the least about this software/platform is the price. It's very expensive, especially for small business or organizations. Of course, you can always use the free version, which I ended up doing, but the feature for modifying documents does not work properly. I understand that if you want that to work fine you ahve to pay for it, but I will be willing to sacrificy space for this function. Just something to consider for the developers.

Ian Rood

Preferred solution

Reviewed 2020-03-02

We've solved the need for expensive hardware, staying current, online security, backup and version control, access privileges both internal and external.

Pros
I find dropbox very easy to use, integrate and administer. We've been using it for several years now (probably 10). It was always good but just continues to improve. We're setup with varying levels of access and use it as our company server - negating the need for any hardware or IT. We've looked at switching to Sharepoint / oneDrive as it's included in our Office365 subscription. It's just not as clean and simple as dropbox. My engineering team does not want to move over because Dropbox is working so well for them.

Cons
Honestly I can't come up with much but I would like to see integration with Office365 as I see usage of Teams as a real benefit in working remotely and managing project communications.

Isaac Fungura

Dropbox Review by Isaac Fungura

Reviewed 2020-02-20

At one time I travelled to Namibia, lost my laptop in transit, but since I had my files synced, I easily got my files and continued with my work 2000km away from home I have managed to keep my important files like documents and pictures intact for more than 10 years I often use Dropbox transfer to send files up to 100GB large with password protection for sensitive data to my colleagues who are not Dropbox users without giving away access to my original document.

Pros
Keeps all data organised and can sync across all your devices - mobile and desktop Sync allows files to be accessible offline on the synced folder Allows collaboration of multiple users able to comment on files Dropbox paper allows writing documents, editing, brainstorming, reviewing and collaborating with anyone with the shared URL. Also allows user to create to do lists and due dates You can recover files that have been deleted so there is no risk of permanently losing data through an error Dropbox keeps track of all changes and versions and you can easily restore prior versions of the file in case you make a mistake. When collaborating with multiple users, Dropbox keeps an audit trail of who has edited a document Can create file requests - inviting someone to upload or tag you to their file

Cons
Mobile version faces challenges when dealing with big files hence not as flexible as the desktop version Syncing folders from desktop may end up uploading unnecessary files as long as they are added to that folder Affected by internet speeds on downloads and uploads which frustrates the user especially on large files

Youssef Kassab

the best solution to work on shared files with a remote team

Reviewed 2020-02-12

We've been using dropbox business for the past 3 years. As a global team with a presence in different countries, dropbox became our file server. Synchronization is very fast and managing permissions is very straightforward.

Pros
Fast synchronization, file versioning and the ability to restore a previous version of the file, folders sharing

Cons
there is nothing specific that I don't like, only the overall cost is a bit expensive especially since we are a big team

Jenna Hallman

Cloud Storage for the Business World

Reviewed 2020-01-12

We are so connected. We keep all of our order lists, records, and other paperwork that everyone needs to see in dropbox. No matter where you are in the clinic, office, or at the store you can pull this up and get the information that you need. It has helped with flow in our clinic 110% I can not imagine doing business or running our office with out dropbox.

Pros
This has got to be the easiest, seamless, greatest cloud storage I have ever dealt with. It's always right there on your desktop. You can access your files anywhere. I honestly have no idea what we would have done if you did not set up dropbox for out vet office.

Cons
It really is not a con, but it would be nice to have more storage. We are on year 3 and I am having to start clearing out files to keep our storage space. However that in itself is a huge perk. It took our vet clinic 3 years to fill the storage up.

Anne Nohra

No More Lost Files

Reviewed 2019-12-21

Much preferred using dropbox than Sharepoint. Dragv file to your dropbox folder ligation and that's where it is on your harddrive, no wasted time searching in cloud for location of saved files.

Pros
If internet access is not available at time of file upload dropbox will save upload and commence once internet is available. Can retrieve previous versions of uploads and undelete actions. You can assign users and grant permission type to users. You can decide who gets to see what in your dropbox, whether complete access/viewing of while drive or just certain documentation or file locations. You can remove user access at anytime thereby blockingv the user from unw anted access. You can decide whether files you share can be edited or just reviewed. Funded dropbox owner greater control of who sees what and what takes they can perform. Owner can remove certain parts of dropbox from syncing therefore reducing the amount of time fur uploads to be performed.

Cons
Upload time depends on how much you have saved in your dropbox. The less files the faster the upload.

Anonymous

Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros
Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons
Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

Carlos Torres

Store documents in the Cloud and share documents with your co-workers.

Reviewed 2019-11-11

Dropbox is, without a doubt, the best existing software to store and synchronize documents in the cloud. Having this software in your work will get many benefits to store, share and edit documents in the cloud, as its options work splendidly, far outperforming the competition. Another ivaluable element that Dropbox has is its security for the storage and transfer of information, for many years Dropbox has been in charge of perfecting its security system and thus be more appealing for large companies. A software that I always recommend.

Pros
The storage and synchronization of information in the cloud is one of the most useful tools for businesses today. This service makes it very easy for companies to share and modify files in the cloud, creating a new generation of workers more productive and efficient in their work. Dropbox is a beneficial software for you and your company for the following aspects. -In addition to storing information in the cloud, you can synchronize your Dropbox folder with other devices and users, facilitating the transfer of information. -You have excellent levels of security to share confidential files from your company to other users. File transfers are done through SSL with AES-256 encryption. -Create direct links and share them with the users you want. -Dropbox has a multiplatform application, which allows you to use the software on Android and IOS. -Dropbox has contracts with other service companies, whether they are creators of online stores, websites, companies and much more. -Synchronize a folder from your pc or smartphone with Dropbox, and when you copy any document to this folder, it will automatically be hosted in the Dropbox cloud. -Send large files seamlessly with Dropbox.

Cons
This software has a remarkable performance, and its features were designed exclusively for hosting information in the cloud, in addition to synchronization with other devices and users using Dropbox. I have used these aspects for a few years, achieving my work goals and establishing a very important file base. Dropbox has everything I need and I have never had any mishaps when I use it.

Karasinghe Arachchige Hashan Chandrasekara

Dropbox Business

Reviewed 2019-10-19

In a nutshell, this software help to guarantee security satisfaction for sharing sensitive documents for connected stakeholders in the digital platform. Moreover, saves invaluable time for company operations when transferring sensitive data and information at the multinational level. Last but not least, reduce unnecessary courier fees to third-party companies to send vital files, therefore ensure maximum cost savings for companies while boosting the ROI for the company.

Pros
1. Ease of use to this software can be considered as one of the best features in this software because you just need to either do drag and drop or copy and paste. 2. Enable to link various devices through different platforms (Windows, Android, Mac) 3. Allow sharing massive files that cannot be shared through official Email communications like Microsoft Outlook. 4. Guaranteed security for sharing documents because the stakeholders are aware that unlike Emails; only connected people have access to view these items. 5. Ease of upload from Mobile phones is recognized as the best feature. 6. Any activity inside the Dropbox notifies at the same time between the connected parties. For Example, if someone deleted a file from one end, instantly sharing messages among other devices like PC and pop up as small notifications. 7. Allows the company to expand the storage space is an ultimate feature as it helps the company to reduce physical archives and renting spaces. 8. It can allow third parties to share the files despite them having Dropbox software; therefore help to reduce the work time and enhance operational efficiency.

Cons
1. Sometimes it takes time to upload the files despite a strong broadband facility available since some of the connected direct stakeholders in the loop had to wait to see the shared file for some time which I did by using my PC 2. For Mobile Dropbox users, not getting a pop-up notification when activity was done by using a PC 3. Not Experienced visible updates

David Sadd

My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System

Reviewed 2019-10-05

It's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.

Pros
It just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.

Cons
I can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...

Amy McIntee

Dropbox is Great

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Overall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.

Pros
I love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.

Cons
There's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.

Brice Wheeler

Excellent Solution

Reviewed 2019-09-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Very happy with the software and would not consider replacing it.

Pros
Love the ease of use and the permission based folder nesting capabilities. We actually use Dropbox as a client visual workflow system as well as the standard file sharing system. Our clients love it. Our team loves it.

Cons
Their additional products are too simple. Paper is close but limited in usefulness and showcase is too simple and lacking in functionality. Both products have glimpses of what they could be but they fall short option, ease of use, and flexibility wise.

David Yurkovich

The Perfect Solution for File Storage

Reviewed 2019-09-05

My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great. It has made our organization for productive and we've spent less time searching for files and folders (Dropbox's search functionality is very helpful). I can also print files directly from my iPhone using my printer's app, which can easily be synched with my Dropbox account. Since our computers and laptops are in separate rooms, this functionality is perfect for printing Dropbox files when not physically in front of the computer. Also, with the Dropbox app, I can easily find, attach, and send any file in my account via email. It's perfect for business individuals who are on the go. Prior to using Dropbox, almost everyone kept files on their laptops. This really wasn't effective and involved a lot of email messaging and overlap of files. Dropbox solved this problem quite nicely for us. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Pros
Dropbox really is the perfect solution for file storage. What separates Dropbox's individual subscription (Basic) from its business subscription is the ability assign multiple users with unique email addresses. The Standard and Advanced options both come with 3 user licenses. This is not to say that only 3 users can access your files. Sharing occurs at the admin level, and admins can share files with other Dropbox users (including Basic and Plus users). This is one of the great benefits of using Dropbox. My favorite feature, however, is Dropbox's simplicity. It is super easy to create top-level directories and then add sub-directories (and sub-sub-directories, etc). For example, our top-level folders are Contracts, Art Files, Manuscripts, Schedules. Within our Manuscripts folder are sub-folders (e.g., Anthologies, Fiction, Nonfiction). You can customize or create as many file folders as needed, but hopefully this gives you some example of the options available to you. It's also very easy to rename, delete, and move files. Another great feature is that deleted files can still be accessed for 30 days. Always good in case a file is unintentionally deleted. Admins can also synch Dropbox to their laptops for easy file search and navigation.

Cons
There is really nothing I do not like about using DropBox Business. The storage size of 3 TB far exceeds what we currently need, but this is not a bad thing. The pricing is competitive. The home page of your account will display Recent files, which is great if you are working on the same file over a period of days or weeks. I simply cannot think of a single negative about this storage solution.