Google Sheets

Cloud-based spreadsheet and collaboration platform

Google Sheets Reviews

Pros

I like it because It's % 100 Free app from google and it's very easy to use with a clean and useful user interface. I like how I can create many sheets in one project and use other sheets format.

Souhil S.

I was delighted to find it has some. Really useful capabilities not found in Excel, such as a really clean way to copy and paste into a new tab while maintaining the format of the original selection.

Jenny B.

Its price is fantastic, it's free! you can share documents and edit online with your colleagues. It has all functionalities more used and has autosave.

Alejandro M.

Cons

There are no unwanted or unsatisfactory features that have complains about this platform.

Birat S.

It can be frustrating when there's no information online about troubleshooting some formula errors.

When downloading to a Word document on your laptop, there is often formatting error and glitches which can be annoying.

John D.

8,505

2,975

11,935 reviews

Work with Sheets anywhere

It's very useful to work with numbers and text. I use it to make Google Ads keyword combinations and much more and upload it to Google Ads. It's very nice to get a online xml feed and put it in a sheet in an easy way.

Pros

You can work anywhere, it's fast and reliable (don't loose your work because the internet is down). You can use it with data from online sources, like xml, csv and others. Have a very good API, you can automate many process from your computer, smartphone or cloud. You can use Google Scripts to increment your formulas. It's free, with all features. You can share (and work at same time with other people) your sheets in a easy way.

Cons

Could be slower in case of many data and complex formulas. Do not have a good support (I think it only have online forums).

Perfect Alternative to the Status Quo

This is a fantastic platform. It can be accessed anywhere from and desktop or any mobile device and it uses all of the functions that you're used to. The experience is fantastic. We use it every day and it goes well beyond simple spreadsheet work. In fact, we used it to build our business intelligence dashboard. I have many positive things to say about it. If only it could use less RAM it would be golden!

Pros

The best part of this software is two-fold. Firstly it has all of the formulas and tricks that you're used to with MS excel, plus additional really cool things (like being able to pull in from exterior sources). But secondly, it can all be done live while collaborating with others.

Cons

The only struggle with this product is that it chews up RAM like nothing else. Most google products just devour RAM.

A good free alternative to Excel—if you need free

Since I don't use super-advanced features, I would say my experience is mostly fine, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to suggest the use of Google Sheets over Excel—I would offer it as a suggestion to someone who either didn't have the money to spend on a spreadsheets software or if their intentions were limited to relatively simple or common tasks like making a monthly budget or creating a to-do list.

Pros

The basic features of Google Sheets are very easy to use, especially if like me, you spent the first 30 years of your life on Microsoft products. Google didn't reinvent the wheel and most of the functions used in Google have identical syntax to Excel, so you won't spend time re-learning how to sum your rows or columns. If you don't need to do anything overly complex in a spreadsheet, Sheets is an absolutely acceptable alternative to its competitor

Cons

While the basic features are simple and easier. Some of the "intermediate" features require a bit of research. For example, basic conditional formatting is fairly straight forward—however, if you want to do even a little bit beyond basic, for example, look for duplicates (which is very straightforward in Excel), you need to apply custom functions within conditional formatting rules. And if you're not...

Access your Spread Sheets from anywhere!

I love Google Sheets to the point I hate using anything else. It's great for so many purposes: I use it for tracking my work hours, for logging my job activities, and also for making lists to calculate the costs of doing business.

Pros

There are a lot of things I like about this software. I like that it's linked to my e-mail, so I can access my sheets from anywhere that has a computer with internet. I like that's it's free and comparable to Microsoft Excel. I like that I can share my sheets with others and can control the level of access they have.

Cons

Google Sheets is linked to your google account, and I do believe google collects your data and shares it with other interests. If your anonymity is extremely important, you may choose a service that can guarantee it will not sell your data.

An Outstanding Cloud Spreadsheet Tool

My overall experience with google sheets is quite good. It is faster and smooth and most importantly it’s easy accessibility made me stick with it for a really long time.

Pros

I always wonder, I would’ve been stuck somewhere if I didn’t have google sheets. What an excellent tool it is! The first benefit of this tool is it is completely cloud based, so I don’t need to store anything in my computer. And, I can easily access my files literally from anywhere in the world. There are many pre-made templates I can use for my projects. Whether you need to maintain accounts, track budgets, or manage multiple projects, google sheets have everything to help you out. Besides, you can easily import data from other platforms, for example MS excel.

Cons

The Google sheets team needs to improve the features and functionality of charts. From my point of view, there are some lacking in the chart features. Specially when it comes to manipulating default charts, you may get fewer options compared to other platforms.

Sheets for everybody

Switching to Google Sheets has simplified so much my days. We now just share links and book mark them for as long as we need, which is so much more easier that keep sending files and integrating changes from one person to another. Best thing is that switching to Google Sheets won't stop you from sharing all that data with other coworkers that are not using it. First, they don't need any special software to see the files. Second, if they really don't want to use it, you can save a local version of the file in the format you want. Almost magic! I'm not planning to go back ever again!

Pros

I can apply all the knowledge I have from the previous software I was using! And it's even better: all the formulas are so much more easy to understand and it even has extra formulas that add additional functionalities. The possibility of have a single document where all my team can keep working at the same time and see all the changes in real time is just insane. It's all you knew with a twist for better. Additionally, it's all part of Google Drive so your files will be there for you, anytime, anywere. That has saved my life more times that I can count. Finally, you can save your gsheet files as any other common format that you would like, or better, you can just use the share option and send the link. No more heavy attachments, it's all in the cloud!

Cons

For very specific situations, I've found that edge case where I wanted to code a macro. It's possible but I haven't found documentation on how to do it. It's not like other competitors offer a lot of stepy-by-step documentation but they have been out there for so long that you can put together all the articles on the internet to eventually figure out how to do what you need. Secondly, it's not good to handle very large files (200k rows and up), especially if they include a formula. It sometimes blocks editing until all the changes are applied and saved to the cloud, and it's not a hardware issue--even with a gaming grade pc happens.

Great Excel improvement

Love it!!! Everything I do, I do it with Google sheets... couldn't be easier

Pros

It's great using this program. The best part is that they made a layout almost identical to Microsoft Excel, so it's great for people like me that were used to it.

Cons

When you use a big database it starts working slower.

Google sheets everywhere

I'm an Entrepreneur, and most of my reports are in Google sheets. As a starter in business, It helps me alot since it doesn't require premiums when using it online,and almost the same with other products

Pros

I really like this because its very convenient to use. Like on the go, like wherever i want, even during transport, answering or creating a report was bever been easy because of Google sherts. And it's free to use!

Cons

Requires data on using Google sheets on Drive. But manageable since its offer offline.

Google Sheets for access my data everywhere

Useful, simple to start and share, can use it almost every time.

Pros

I can use, review and modify my work data, inventories, cashflow, everywhere. Also we can make it with my team, leave notes and have a backup of everything at the moment.

Cons

There are so many options, like other worksheets that its necessary to learn more of its options available.

Great for collaboration

This was a very useful tool for group projects and to to have a spreadsheet available on the google drive. The use is very similar to excel with slight differences.

Pros

This allowed my team and I to work simultaneously on a project spreadsheet which saved time and trouble.

Cons

Some features in excel had some issues transferring and required some modifications to work.

Google Sheets Review

Excellent for novices and for organizing simple data. When used by numerous people to achieve a work deadline, it's fantastic. There's no need to be concerned about forgetting to push the Save Button. It's one of my favorite tools.

Pros

A very useful tool especially for those who has limited or no space on their devices (like Laptops, PCs, Tablets, Phones, etc). Google Sheets stands out from Excel due to its outstanding collaboration capabilities. Since it is hosted in the cloud and has a user-friendly design, Google Sheets is simple to access and manage. Creating, updating, saving a spreadsheet or sharing a spreadsheet with Google...

Cons

In comparison to Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets has limited formatting options. Formulas in Google Sheets are insufficient for complex accounting and bookkeeping. If you lose your Google Sheets login credentials, it might constitute a security breach at work if they fall into the wrong hands. You can end up losing some important work. Otherwise, there are more advantages than disadvantages.

very good for being free

Google Sheets transformed the way I work collaboratively, moving much of my work from the classic spreadsheets to the free, collaborative online version of G-Sheets. But still, for convenience and ease of use, I have some of my spreadsheets in Excel (synchronized with Google Drive, but that functionality is for a separate review).

Pros

The application has several positive aspects, but the first to highlight is that it is free! The comparison always arises between this app and Excel. Google Sheets is more limited than the latter, but it has enough functions to replace Microsoft in low-medium complexity tasks. Something that stands out with respect to the desktop versions of Excel is the possibility of sharing the document and working it between several people simultaneously remotely.

Cons

It does not carry the same functionalities or they are not implemented in the same way as in Excel. And let's face it, most of the people who use this application previously used Microsoft on its desktop version. Adapting to tasks other than the simplest requires some work. It is also more limited in terms of functionalities.

The Best Free Solution for Spreadsheet Creating and Editing

I use Google Sheet for personal and business stuff and I never had any problems with it and it's my favorite data managing tool now and I like how fast you get to use it and the share option saved my team and me a lot of time. It's a great alternative for everyone and overall, I'm very happy using it daily.

Pros

It's an all-in-one tool and I like how I'm able to create, edit, and manage spreadsheets in one place without the need to have any software installed on my Laptop. I'm using it for creating data spreadsheets for my business and it works great for me and I never had a single problem. The best thing about Google Sheet is I'm able to work on my spreadsheets on any device especially with my phone and...

Cons

I wish they can add more formats and formulas to this amazing tool in the future. Sometimes when I have an Excel file and I open it with Google Sheet I lose some formats and the data gets missed up. But, after all, Google has done an excellent job allowing us to use this tool for free and I hope they will keep updating it in the future.

Whatever you need from excel, yet easier

Moving to a cloud based collaboration suite like G Suite including Google Sheets was one of the best decisions we took. We work on projects together, now also on its individual files.

Pros

- Muscled yet intuitive: we use it internally for quite some complex data manipulations. Although it looks very simple from a user interface perspective, it has everything on offer that you need using formulas. - Collaboration features: working together in a Google sheets environment is brilliant. It is so easy to share a doc, fire up a google meet call and work together in the same document. - Versioning & auto-save: its an inherent cloud feature, but sooo important. You always have your version at hand when you need it, instead of it being lost on a company server. And going back to a previous version is very easy.

Cons

There is little not to like about the solution. Maybe two occasional situations are more cumbersome: - need for a refresh: if you have been working in Sheets for a while, the highlighted cell is selected in a weird way, kind of offset. A refresh helps in that case. - slow with large data sets: although it runs in the cloud, a lot of data still has to be loaded on your screen (I suppose?) so it sometimes shows an error as the tab freezes. Re-opening mostly works in that case.

A spreadsheet powerhouse - free and simple

Being free, Google Sheets are an amazing service that helped us lower our costs and retain the same level of efficiency. Thankfully, as we do not need advanced spreadsheet capabilities, using Google Sheets as the alternative to Excel was a very easy switch to accomplish. Now we are fully converted and we're losing less time when collaborating. I can only recommend Google Sheets as a great substitute for Excel and other similar products.

Pros

Google Sheets is easy to use. It comes with most features that make Microsoft products interesting and, with years of using Excel, Sheets is just a change of skin. I love how I can use sheets to collect data from various projects, like the little cheese maturation measuring device we are currently working on. I am also a big fan of the collaboration features which mean we no longer send files via email when we collaborate. That leads to less chance of losing work in accidental overwrites. Google also keeps all of our files versioned, so in case of a mishap, we can always roll back.

Cons

Advanced features are way under what Microsoft offers. Macros, advanced conditional formatting, and even importing some files becomes a chore.

Google Sheet User Experience

Google sheets can be used both online and offline. Students can also use it very easily. Freelance data entry is working online income. However, many people spend a lot of money using Google Excel to work very slowly on Google sheets with very few template features and large file share. So, adding the Bashi feature to Google sheets will make it much more popular with people from Microsoft Excel.  Thank You.

Pros

• Google sheet is free, so every student uses it easily for his study work.  • Google sheet is run also offline.  • Google sheets can be used anywhere without any internet connection.  • Otherwise, it is used to help earn money from any freelancer to work a data entry job.  • Google sheet formula is very useful for any beginner.

Cons

• Google sheet work very slowly for sharing any big data with others.   • The google sheet does not have all the features of Microsoft excel.  • There are very few templates in google sheet.  • The wide range of Google sheets is much less than required.

Amazing free option for spreadsheets

It is super comparable to excel and it is totally free and easy to share the doc with others in your google drive for editing.

Pros

Google sheets is free so how can you not like it. It seems to do everything that Microsoft excel does plus it integrates with some other things I have. If you need a spreadsheet software use Sheets instead of paying for excel. I have done full budgets and even made a very simple payroll system off of it that calculates everything.

Cons

I had used excel in the past so really the only thing was there was a little curve getting to know it and know how it was different than excel. Really the only thing that annoys me is that when you sum stuff it doesn't automatically try to find the numbers to be summed so you have to drag it.

Google Sheets for the rest of us

The simplicity in Google Sheets is that you can use basic spreadsheet functions so easily. Since that is what I and my company do, it is preferred to Excel.

Pros

This has many features like Excel and it is similar in its ease of use. It is intuitive and if you have some spreadsheet experience, Google Sheets should be relatively easy to use. I also find since there are millions of users, anything you're trying to do or want to do has probably been tried before and if there is a solution, there are probably multiple areas of content available. If you're working with the Google Suite of applications, then the ease of use is so much better because Sheets integrates so well with the other apps in the Suite. It's cloud-based like approach is much easier on disk space, memory and speed.

Cons

As someone who worked with Excel for years, I felt some of the functions and formulas didn't work as seamlessly, but that may be because I was an Excel user. Some things are going to be different. If you're doing major financial data work, Sheets may not be the best fit. The formatting features in Excel are far superior.

Experience as Google sheets user for logistics

My experience with Google sheets overall has been great. The efficiency of this software is at a very high level. It has the same functions as Excel and Word, and it's very easy to export any file as well. I would recommend any company to have this software since it's very easy to share the sheets and control who can exclusively look and edit them. In conclusion, this software is fast, efficient, and reliable.

Pros

It is very user friendly. This software usually loads pretty fast, it saves all your changes automatically, and it works just like the Office software, with the exception on the higher expenses and the longer loading time that office tends to have. I use this software daily to keep track of our orders and create multiple reports. It doesn't really matter how many windows or how long my reports are, the software is consistent and efficient.

Cons

This software is great, but it can get a little difficult when the internet connection is not great. It won't save your sheets as often or fast, and it basically won't work. Sometimes it can get tricky when you have too many columns or you just want to move columns around on xlx files, but that happens with office too and is not a big deal.

Very inexpensive way to do schedules, accounts etc across non compliant devices

I use Google sheets to lay out everything that needs doing per client per date so that I can quickly keep track of what needs doing & when. I use different colours for different meanings and different sheets for completed work, years & accounting. Basically anytime I need to store raw data this is how I would do it.

Pros

One of the best features is the fact that I can work on it off line and then it automatically updates when I am online. It also means that I can access my documents from anywhere and any device as long as I can log into google safely, whether it is android, iphone or imac. This is very important for me as I often have to be working "light" as in with only my phone on me, but I am still able to access...

Cons

Honestly, I do not have an issue with it. It does what I need it to do. If I have issues I suspect it is more user error / lack of knowledge rather than a problem with sheets.

Not enough features, but you can't argue with free

As I stated above, the ability to collaborate on spreadsheets is critical, especially now that we are all working remotely. The product is free (we are a nonprofit so I'm not sure that's true for all workplaces), which makes the choice to use Google products a no-brainer. Overall, we are very happy with it.

Pros

Our workplace uses Microsoft Office, and we used to share documents via the server and by email. Google products mean we can collaborate on spreadsheets instead of losing track of document versions or edit history. Google Sheets is also great for working with documents across devices - I have several sheets I work on from different computers and locations, and then refer to on my phone.

Cons

I'm a moderately advanced Excel user, and Google Sheets just doesn't have all of the features I need. It may be because a cloud-based product just can't keep up with the large size of more complex Excel spreadsheets. I'm not sure - but it means I'm always going back to Excel as my preferred spreadsheet software. And then when I want to share a spreadsheet, I'm uploading it to Google and then, once again, losing track of edits and versions if I want to maintain my original document.

Move over EXCEL

Easy to use, like I said before I think if you need to make a spread sheet this is so easy. I think all other programs will be obsolete unless they make them this easy.

Pros

The features are so easy to use and if you do not know how it is easy to find tutorials on line. I love that even if you have never used Sheets it is so easy to figure out. Unlike EXCEL which you need to take a whole class for.

Cons

That sometimes it is hard to manipulate the cells. At times dating the cells when you have multiple of the same date it does not automatically populate the next date.

An underappreciated data integration option

Using Google Sheets has been really exciting since there always seems to be some powerful unlocked potential just waiting around the next corner. Things that surprised and changed the whole experience for me were discovering I could change sheet settings to refresh formulas and data imports from other sheets automatically even when the sheet is closed, discovering it supports a second "Query" language for some more powerful functions, and being able to build everything with array formulas so that once I set up my data model I never have to perform any maintenance or updates and just let my data flow in and out automatically.

Pros

The most incredible thing about Google Sheets is that every SaaS platform I use offers native integration for Google Sheets. This means that if you want to connect data between different platforms without building your own API connector there is a good chance you can use Google Sheets as your medium for channeling real-time data to another platform. This means you might also be able to bypass using an integration tool like Zapier. There are tonnes of powerful formulas that make Google Sheets a lot more than just a cloud/browser version of MS Excel and lots of online forums to help you find how to code the solution you need.

Cons

It doesn't have pivot tables so the usage expectations are a bit different from Excel but that's ok. A lot of the formulas used aren't supported by MS Excel so you can't take your work offline and deploy something local.

Why would you use something else?

Solid easy to use, easy to deploy. I had been using Excel for what I needed it to do for years, and it was simple switching over to sheets.

Pros

I like how integrates with other apps I use both inside and out of the Google environment. For what I need it for it does everything that Excel does and you always have it because it is in the cloud.

Cons

You need connectivity to access your files and you need to have a Google gmail account. Which 98% of the time is not an issue.

Cloud Spreadsheets

Using Google Sheets was one of the best decisions for our team. As it is with anything new, it was a painful process to have to start over and learn everything. The investment we made by migrating to Sheets continues to pay out whenever we finish a project an hour earlier than planned, whenever we access data remotely, or whenever we win a contract due to the data we collected in spreadsheets while at a new job site.

Pros

The ability to co-work with collaborators of our choosing without the limitations from geographical positions. Working with a team spreadout in different regions has allowed us to leverage the use of separate time zones. We have been able to reduce the total number of days needed to meet deadlines by working around the clock.

Cons

Compatibility issues. Google Sheets does have an export function where the data can be extracted into a compatible format that is readable by other programs. However, it is not perfect and it can cause the file to be corrupted. This only becomes an issue because there is a spreadsheet program that has the majority market share.