WPS Office Logo

WPS Office

Cross-platform file sharing & productivity suite

WPS Office Reviews

4.5

1.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

Reviews by rating

The beautiful interface and ease of use intrigues me and appears to be useful. It also has excellent tool management with an outstanding performance.
It is also a most widely used presentation software for a customer or a venue with the guarantee of not being rejected. Thus, an amazing tool that assures one with great experiences.
I just love how easy WPS Office is to use. It is much cheaper than Microsoft's 365, it is much more beautiful and user friendly than Open Office, and it is an all around great piece of software.
But sometimes firewall and IPS systems warn there may be a risk with those connections and this is a bit annoying. Further, the WPS spreadsheet application gets freeze from time to time.
One thing is that it takes a long to load while you are going to open the file. Its time wasting or irritating if you are in hurry.
It worked very hard, it blocked, it stopped and it gave me a lot of errors.

1,471 reviews

Daniel L.

Advertising

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great Free (with optional paid upgrades) Alternative to Microsoft Office Products

Transcript

Daniel L.: My name is Daniel. I'm an advertising consultant, and I would rate WPS Office four out of...

OM

Orly M.

Operations Manager

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

WPS Office is a great tool for teams

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, this is Orly. I am the Operations Manager. I am giving a five review on WPS Office, and...

Gabriella N.

Mining & Metals, 1-10 employees

A highly competitive office suite, at no cost!

WPS Office allows you to open files of five different formats within one window as different tabs! This makes work seamless and easy!

Pros

I like WPS its a competitive office suite, at no cost! It is an all in one platform, with three basic programs, Writer, Spreadsheets, and Presentations. You can create and open documents with these different programs all in one window as separate tabs. This is a plus for me, it makes work so much cleaner, and manageable. More often than not I am working on over five different documents. When working...

Cons

I like how you are able to open different documents of varying formats from the same window, but it would be nice to be able to open more document formats or rather if WPS Office could add more programs?

Isis Arnaud S.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Efficient and user-friendly office suite

Overall, my experience with WPS Office has been positive, offering a comprehensive suite of productivity tools with a familiar interface, advanced editing,g features, and convenient cloud syncing. However, the limitations of the free version and potential limitations in third-party integration should be considered depending on individual requirements.

Pros

WPS is a very comprehensive Office suite that is compatible with Microsoft Office suite allowing you to edit and save all document formats. The interface is very familiar and easy to navigate. I also like cloud syncing and file sharing which allows me to access my documents anywhere at any time. The flexibility of the mobile app helps me to work from any device.

Cons

While WPS Office provides compatibility with Microsoft Office formats, it may have limitations in terms of integration with other third party software compared to other office suites.

Nnakwe F.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

My Alternative Document Software

Overall, WPS office has really helped me during my early stage of life and it's a good choice for someone looking for a free version of office suite. If you don't mind the high level of ads then I'll most definitely recommend this software to you.

Pros

One of the best things I love about WPS office is its availability on different operating system, I love how I'm able to make use of the software on my different devices.Another thing I love about this software is its wide range of file format, I'm able to save my documents in different formats and I am also able to convert a pdf files to a docx files and I think that's really cool.Lastly, I love how this software has a lot of document templates to choose from and customize, this makes it easy to start a new project.

Cons

One of the things I dislike about WPS office is the limitations placed on the free version, this software has a lot of nice features but most of it are not available to free users and that not quite encouragingOne other thing I dislike about this software is the level of ads shown for the free version, it had lots of ads showing up every single minute and that's a huge turn off for me.

SB

Sebastian B.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Simpe rate for WPS Office from weekly user on Android

Im really satisfied by using WPS Office, its completely enough for me as a simple user.

Pros

I mostly like the user-friendly interface, versatility, reliability and matching with MS Office tools.

Cons

Least I dont like the advertisements because Im using the free version of this app on my mobile. It was installed on my device as basis.

Sarwat Mahdi H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Better than other Office Softwares

To be honest, I am very content over WPS Office. It is cheap, easy to use and all in one software.

Pros

The most important thing is, it is very cheap compared to other office softwares. Also, it is an all on one app. I can view almost every type of documents via WPS.

Cons

I am acutally upset about the fact that it has very less functions and tools for presentation. I want more customizable features on that.

Aminuddin B.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

WPS Office has everything i need for document solutions

Easy to use, help with document solutions that i much needed.

Pros

WPS Office can manage all the document file format like word and excel, and it can be easily opened on other document processing software like Microsoft Office 365 without any compatibility issue. Not only in computer, it also has application for viewing and editing document in smartphone settings.

Cons

One of the least that i liked about this software is, the document editor is not rich in feature and some of the tools to editing the document layout is not properly develop. The smartphone version is full of advertisement and very messy as the advert is keep popping up.

KR

Kamalkumar R.

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best alternative to Microsoft Office

Excellent app, I can recommend to people, who have multiple file types to work with.

Pros

The all in one solution, no need to installation multiple apps for different file types. Compatibility with Office and PDF files is excellent.

Cons

The User interface could be more better, it is by no means bad, but real eye candy is not. I prefer the interface of Microsoft Office though.

DJ

David Jonathan D.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

WPS Review

Free and east to use for everybody. will recommend to people

Pros

It is free and can be accessible by Students and workers

Cons

The other tools that is not accessible unlike microsoft

RA

Rawand A.

Design, self-employed

productive

very good

Pros

It enables productivity, very flexible menus and handling, ease of changing formats and other features.

Cons

sometimes when i copy text in arabic inside the wps word document, it doesnt recognize the letters and show me weird shapes, eventhough this language is already identified in the product

SR

Sasikumar R.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good tool to increase the productivity and work management

Its been a really good experience to use the WPS office for managing the documents and recommendable to one who uses the spreadsheet, text or presentations.

Pros

It is easy to understand and operate Easy of access Good interface

Cons

It will be better if have the options or tool to edit/modify the PDF and compressing the size of document

II

Ishika I.

Education Management, self-employed

Amazing Office Tool everyone must have

WPS office looks extraordinary! It is awesome of the Office options I have seen as up to this point. It looks and feels better compared to Office itself, and that is high applause perceiving how long Office has been near. I simply love the way simple WPS Office is to utilize. It is a lot less expensive than Microsoft's 365, it is considerably more delightful and easy to use than Open Office, and it is an inside and out incredible piece of programming. I can prescribe it to everybody.

Pros

It is an option in contrast to Microsoft office that is viable with practically all stages and working frameworks today, for example, Windows, Linux, Android and IOS, which makes it an amazing elective stage, it is free for certain impediments, but it has two incredibly conservative installment plans contrasted with the workplace choice, this is considerably more affordable, enjoys the benefit that...

Cons

How I treat like is concerning the portable variant on the grounds that notwithstanding having the Premium rendition introduced it doesn't work full versatile adaptation, I made every one of the proposals I actually have the form yet with impediments, I can view and open record however I can not make releases and make new archives, in specialized help they have been great clarifying me yet I actually have the issue.

Festus U.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Word/Office Suite Platform

This software is incredibly amazing as my team and I can attend to emergency response on documentation faster no matter where we are because it can work seamlessly across different devices particularly on mobile phones

Pros

1. All in one office management suite2. consumes less space3. easy to use4. robust templates available

Cons

most critical features like conversion of word document to pdf should be made available under the FREE version

David I.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Great Alternative for M.S.Office in your Phone

- You don't need to have internet when using it and it works perfectly fine, you can save your data and save your work in your phone.

Pros

- This is an awesome software. - It has PDF, Document, Spread Sheets, Memo and Scanner. - You can edit it all is the complete deal with in your phone. - The responsiveness and the user interface is very well designed. - Compatible with it all. - You can save in your documents in phone or tablet, on their cloud, drop box, g drive - You can export as PDF - You can work in your computer the same files you are working with in your phone. - Email the documentation with ease or share it anywhere - The price is so affordable extremely good.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about this software it is indeed that good, maybe for the free version would be the ads but even their ads are not in your face and is understandable for a free version you need to sustain your service somehow.

DM

Daniel M.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

wps office is the most underrated

Pros

I like alot of features in WPS but the most feature that stands out for me is the one which it can make and alter texts, pictures, custom diagrams, tables, and different items to create astounding records in comparison to other softwares in the same market

Cons

When connected to the internet, i've noticed that there are alot of adverts

samuel A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Can it be better? YES.

It is still in the growth phase. Not up to the standards of Microsoft office, blatantly speaking.

Pros

It is easier to get to use on any electronic device compared to Microsoft Office.

Cons

The grammar check tool on this software is not good enough. After working on this, you transfer your work to Microsoft office and you see there are a lot of red inks. It does not readily support researching tools like Endnotes and Mendeley (It takes a lot of calibrations of the settings to get them through) Very difficult.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

A great alternative for Microsoft office

I am a finger typist . I am faster when typing on my mobile, in fact ; i'm 3 times faster on mobile than i am on my PC/laptop keyboard. So, WPS makes it easy for me to type very fast with my thumbs on my mobile phone keyboard. I can confidently say that it has helped me save a lot of time typing.

Pros

I like the 1GB free cloud storage, the 30 days free trial is a great gesture to show how much they trust users. I also like the fact that they don't locked it out for users who don't pay after the 30 days trial. Its microsoft office compatibility is an added bonus in a way that you can easily open documents from people using microsoft office because majority of people and companies use it, which makes WPS equally universal. To me i think it's more mobile friendly than any other similar software I've ever used on mobile.

Cons

I worry about the security of my documents and the auto-spell check could do with a little improvement. The app opens faster on my mobile than it does on my laptop.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

WPS office...

Pros

WPS is a recomendable software as it contains office feature like word, power point, spread sheet and pdf viewer. The office features are easy to navigate .The free version is also available to users and one can access his/her documents using any mobile or computer platform by simply login into his/her account.

Cons

Grammarly check tools are quite ineffective. My overall rating in gramarly is often low even after having spell checked my document while using the WPS office. The free version has quite more adverts.

DL

Daniel L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I use the word processing and spreadsheet functions the most. They can be opened in the same interface, which is nice. They do everything competing products do, and sometimes more.

Pros

Fully replaces Microsoft Office (now office 365) and doesn't require me to pay a subscription fee every month. Doesn't force me to work in the cloud.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. It fills the hole left behind when Microsoft forced users to pay monthly for software that doesn't need to be SaaS.

NM

Nobukhosi M.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

WPS Office review

With WPS Office ,lm able to create documents and presentation and conduct so much more in one, Its my business diary

Pros

It is very easy to use and straight forward,It is user efficient, allows my computer to run smoothly,no drags.WPS Office has integrated, writer, spreadsheet, presentations and PDF tools into one usable platform easy to comprehend.

Cons

I think it doesn't have all required tools to edit pdf docs ,Not sure if it has spell check. About the safety and security of this app its not very clear about the data and privacy ,

MA

Michelle A.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

WPS Office for the win!

I have used the presentation and spreadsheets features from WPS Office at work many different times and they have always been such wonderful assets to me. I find it very easy to use and I love the basic components to the entire software. I have probably created over 2000 documents in WPS Office and do not see myself stopping anytime soon. It is also relatively small in size, so it was a quick and easy download and does not take up much space on your computer/phone. For anyone who is used to MS Office and thinks that it is the leading software out there, please do me a favor and give this a try. I promise you will not regret it!

Pros

WPS Office is a free office suite that provides you three extremely useful applications: Writer, Spreadsheets and Presentation.The user interface is quite easy to navigate and includes all major formatting options. It is possible to easily work with documents and spreadsheets using WPS Office. Personally, I have been using WPS Office for as long as I can remember. I consider it by far superior to MS Office, having tried them both. It also has a Mobile version that you can download on your phone which is pretty amazing. This has allowed me in the past to access various homework assignments on the go while taking college courses. It has all the features one could possibly want or need. It is my go-to software whenever I need to create a document, spreadsheet or presentation.

Cons

Nothing! I have always been impressed with this software ever since the day I found it. For a long time I was always a MS Office girl because I did not think to look for other options. One day after repeatedly experiencing numerous different technical difficulties and lagging while using MS Office I decided that I was done with this software. It could not be the only choice out there and I was determined to find something better and I did!

BA

Bosko A.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

WPS Office - a decent office tool

WPS Office is a fine piece of software that comes in a compact size and is really straight forward. It can be used on virtually any PC since it doesn't take up nor require much resources. There are some downsides to it but still, WPS Office is a great tool and comes in handy all the time.

Pros

WPS Office offers a great alternative to the Microsoft Office suite, supports various file types and has a very familiar workspace and interface. It allows users to accomplish all of the basic and medium complexity level tasks, while also doing really well with very complex and demanding tasks as well. The ability to recognize and correctly interpret complicated files created in other programs makes it a very useful tool.

Cons

When complex files are created, regardless of which tool from the suite was used, the files tend to show differently arranged to other users, especially if they are using some other Office suite (eg. MS Office). The layout of the file seems perfect in Spreadsheets but the same file doesn't look as good in Excel even though the file extension is the same for both tools (.xlsx). The same issue relates to Word. This can be an issue when tools are used to create final products for customers, eg. invoices or calculations.

PB

Prabhjit B.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Premium Features at No Cost: This is the Best Microsoft Office Alternative Out There

Great experience, saved me a lot of bucks since I didn’t have to buy paid softwares like Microsoft Office after my trial ended. In addition, it works great and I never experience any bugs! Love it overall.

Pros

These days the entry level laptop’s don’t come with a Microsoft Office subscription and if you are on a budget there are chances that you might look for a software to get work done and manage your documents. This is where WPS Office comes in! This free software allows you to manage your .docx and .xls files without any issues! It has all the features that people like us expect in a document management software plus the UI is very simple and easy to get started with! Multiple customisation options make it easy to make your documents look good and it’s cross platform availability also allows you to manage documents on your Android Smartphone! Will definitely recommend, do check out!

Cons

There are no cons in WPS office. The only thing they can work on is ads on their mobile app because sometimes it gets too annoying. Other than that it’s perfect!

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

The new Era for Productivity !

Pros

WPS compiles a bunch of features to open the doc, ppt, doc, exl etc files to the full potential. It is one of the leading application for the students as it is much handy in the mobile for our daily use. The way it allows to edit, share, view, convert and manage the files is so much good that we have to appreciate it.

Cons

The one thing i hate about WPS is that the featureful and perfect app only comes to the paid version. It should have policies of usage to students at much cheaper price. One of the major flaw I found in WPS was i automatically saves opened file which causes the space problem in much cases.

Martha O.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

GREAT APP

Overall, WPS office is a great app and I recommend it for everyone

Pros

WPS Office is a great app and the latest update which enables me project my slides via WIFI and also make impressions on my phone is really a great contribution to the app. It is also very befitting for any Word or PDF document and a good alternative to Microsoft office and this is because of its compatibility to a lot of programs and operating systems. WPS Office gives its users the power to continue working on our documents even as we walk along the streets, for it can be used on our mobile devices. With WPS Office, you are able to create word documents anywhere, making WPS Office use very effective and efficient. And everything you do on it is either free or done at a very affordable cost and its efficiency helps you to not mess things up, even if you are a first time user.

Cons

WPS Office meets a lot of my office needs but the issue I have with it is that it lacks some of the features of a PC office, especially when using it via an Android device Also, file collapse happens too often and the developers need to look into this.

MZ

Muhammad Zubair S.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

WPS Office An Efficient Productivity Applications Package

A composite package of 3 applications is a time-saver in terms of switching back and forth in similar office suites. One window and all work is there for the user to go through. A very impressive overall experience because, when I share my documents or sheets with my clients, they do not realize it is made with WPS Office.

Pros

The WPS Office is a most convenient productivity software, that has a power like most robust office suite by Microsoft. I chose this over other office suites because of its compact size software requiring very low disk space for installation. It also offers a unique Tab view, which helps a lot in browsing through and editing comparative documents or spreadsheets. It is Cloud Storage feature is amazing,...

Cons

It would be more advantageous to have a more creative PDF Manager, as currently the PDF editing tool offer very basic functions. There should be more robust Spreadsheet templates, I like contemporary and corporate styles, this software does not provide engaging templates. There should be more ease of sorting columns in Spreadsheets.