busybusy Logo
busybusy

Voted #1 Time Tracking App by office and field employees.

visit website

busybusy Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

See full reviews by rating

Busybusy provided me with great assistance to fulfill my tasks. It is easy to use as well, the dashboard of the product is created very well for those who are not tech savvy like myself.
I love that I can clock in and out from anywhere and helps me keep better track of my order and what is used on the job with descriptions and photos.
The geofencing is a good feature. I like the GPS clock in locations and the ability to have descriptions of what the guys were doing.
Busybusy is very connection-dependent, meaning that it does not work well without WIFI and it seems that tracking is not possible when there is no internet connection.
There is no way to tell if your employee's logged in from an app or on their computer at work. When they make mistakes I have to fix them on a daily bases.
I hate how when I clock out it still keeps me clock in sometimes and I don't relise until the next day.

busybusy users...

QuickBooks Time-logocaret

QuickBooks Time

ClockShark-logocaret

ClockShark

How would you rate busybusy?

Track jobs with ease!!

Transcript

Aaron H.: Hey. My name's Aaron. I'm a project manager and I give busybusy a five star review. For more...

Great Reports!

Pros

I love the reports this software generates! We have multiple projects going on simultaneously in multiple locations with multiple employees. This software tracks the projects each employee is on, how much time each employee spends at each project and the type of work each employee is performing while at the project site. You can generate reports for such activities as labor activity by date, cost code, equipment, employee or the project itself. The software also tracks the timecard entries for any pay-period or date range, you can print the timecards, employees can verify and sign off on their time.

Cons

Due to the lack of sensitivity of the GPS tracking, occasionally you will need to broaden the circle of your project so that your employees will receive a notice to "clock in" and "clock out," this gives your employees a little slack to clock in when they may not physically be back at the project.

Wow! Thanks for the nice review! We love our customers and are happy to hear that the reporting is working so well for you.

I've used many of the top apps for years, and BusyBusy has some amazing options that others don't

They have been really amazing to work with honestly, the team is super helpful, replies quickly, and seems to really want to understand my issues and solve any problems. That is huge for me!

Pros

I like the field budgeting options that can use both time tracked (hours) or labor burden (dollars) to track the progress of each project

Cons

There isn't much to not like about it overall, but some of the menu's could be a little more user friendly, but honestly, I think all of the apps we've used could use some improvement on that.

A good value for the buck

The problems we are solving involve employee hours. They can't sign in until they on site. That was our original purpose in signing up for this app. We have found other good uses such as seeing where the truck is when needed, and for me personally, I can see which employees are on the job and where they are.

Pros

I like how intuitive the program is. I like that, as the administrator, I can set the rules in the settings. I love the QuickBooks integration. It imports directly into the "Enter Time" part of QuickBooks. I like the customer support. They are quick to respond.

Cons

There are aspects of the software that I would never have noticed except via customer support like being able to sort by last name instead of first name, and payroll mapping. If I don't have everything correct, it won't import that employee hours.

Looks great, but features are lacking.

None unless you want to consider a giant headache a benefit.

Pros

The reporting is great, lacks a little but is still better than others out there. It's quicker than some others when having to adjust time as well.

Cons

1. Must refresh almost constantly because the software doesn't update like it should. 2. When changing time it must be done from reporting if doing more than one employee. When doing so, if I'm working on someone on the bottom of the list of employees, instead of remembering where I left off, it goes back to the top every time. 3. App doesn't work most of the time - if you're in a dead area, recording...

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad to hear you've found the reports and editing useful and easy! Thank you for the detailed feedback, I will reach out to you to discuss each point further. Some of these are feature requests, but for some of them we do have solutions! -ZL

Huge Time Saver!

Been mostly satisfied with the overall experience with Busy Busy. I have recommended it to many other contractors.

Pros

When the wonderful DIR decided that we needed to do weekly payroll on certified jobs, that increased my payroll from 2x per month to 6x per month! Busy Busy has cut the time it takes to complete payroll significantly. It is a great to be able to remotely review timecards and employees.

Cons

We are having issues with time zones. We work all over the globe and when there is an issue with an employees time, I have problems adjusting it when I'm in a different timezone

Busy Busy

Overall my experience with busybusy has been excellent!

Pros

This app has been a tremendous addition to our company's time tracking methods.

Cons

I do find there to be some bugs with the app- especially with android users. The team at busybusy are always helpful to rectify the issues when we reach out!

We're glad we could help your company succeed!

Great!

Overall I am very pleased and would recommend this to people.

Pros

I have recommended this product to several people. I think it is wonderful to be able to track and monitor projects and employees. It is a very useful product to record and categorize project names as well as the pictures and repairs associated with those places. As a project manager and facility maintenance manager I am able to keep track of repairs that I or other employees that I manage complete.

Cons

The only con to this program is if you are not in good cell phone signal service it makes it hard to clock in and clock out.

Game changer for Construction Time Tracking

Absolutely the best! If there is a problem, customer support is so easy and fast. I have zero issues! Worth every penny spent!

Pros

Easy to use, easy for employees to get started, real time tracking, photo capabilities, injury reporting, daily reports, project management.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative and Busybusy is constantly making upgrades and improvements to enhance the capabilities of the product.

Great Product

Overall we are very satisfied with this product, its ease of use to capture

Pros

We most like the GPS tracking and timekeeping features. The application is very user friendly and I can upload all time entries right into my payroll module which eliminates a lot of time gathering this information.

Cons

I would like the fencing feature to work better for field employees.

Its easy to use however, its functionality to save clocking in and out is an issue

Being able to clock in on my phone. Accessibility through phone and computer. Being able to view time cards and current hours in pay period. Checking and signing time cards makes it easier to be paid on time.

Pros

busybusy offers an app that has a simple design and easy to use interface. It also offers a website that has a simple but more in depth view if needed. The layout for the clocking system is cool and I like how it tracks your time. Viewing old time cards is a positive thing for me also.

Cons

The app and website have been unreliable at times to save punches, which makes it where employees have to remembers their times instead of what the app is suppose to be doing, which is tracking those punches. It wastes time for the administration staff to have to go back into time cards and fix multiple punches between multiple employees.

Hi Kristin, Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how simple the design is. We are sorry to hear the app is not saving punches for your team. I would recommend giving the app a little time to sync with the server after clocking in or changing the status of the time clock. Please make sure the employees have the latest software downloaded on their apps and latest software too. I hope this helps. Thank you for your time, Jairo

An overall valuable asset.

Pros

BusyBusy was easy to deploy and is straightforward and easy to use. One thing some of our employees did find confusing was the multiple versions of BusyBusy available on the Google Play Store. All in all, it does a good job tracking time and syncing with our payroll backend (Quickbooks Enterprise). The ability to specify budget hours and dollars helps our managers and executives gain a clearer picture...

Cons

There are some features that I have suggested to the development team there, and there are some cumbersome aspects regarding the use of the App. 1) Switching tasks frequently is cumbersome. Our management in particular likes to track time on a very granular level, against a large amount of subprojects. Replacing the map on the "Switch Task" screen with an icon-based favorites list (8 items) and recent...

Hi Chris, Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy you liked how easy it was to deploy. We are glad you like the budgeting tool. It sounds like the cons you mentioned are all feature requests. Have you suggested these features within your account? Simply go to support>>suggest features. Please let us know if you need help with this step and thank you for your time. JC

As an employee that uses this app, I am satisfied with the accurate timekeeping & it's GPS.

Accurate time keeping and book keeping for labor costs, per project. GPS tracking that will show the location when each employee has clocked in and clocked out, whether for normal work, as well as lunch breaks.

Pros

I love this app because of the clock-in accuracy and the ability to easily move from project site to project site. It is very easy to use, I literally taught myself how to use this app and discovered other features that I felt were benefiting for myself as well as for my employer. I love that it can keep records of costs for each project, which makes book keeping much easier when it comes to labor costs. I also like that I can review my hours for the week prior before I sign and submit to our payroll department. This way I can bring up any discrepancies that I may have. It's also easy to add new employee's and archive the ones that have either left or been terminated. It's easy to fix any discrepancy, if any, that regards hours or project location.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about this software is that on rare occasions I've had my GPS notification pop us stating that I have stepped away from the office, and if I would like to clock out, even though I haven't left the office. Other than that this program has been awesome.

Hi Kawika, Thank you for your review. We are happy you love the software and how accurate the timekeeping is. You can simply ignore those notification you get when it asks you to clock out of the location. It's just a reminder to help keep track of accurate time. I would review the geolocation for the office and expand it a bit more to prevent this from happening. I hope this helps, Jairo

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

Pros

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first. I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock. I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

it is easy to use and great when working with lots of part time employees

Pros

Easy to use, great for several type of employees, I like how they can sign their time card on their phones, as most employees are not always at work on Sundays when the pay period ends. Easy to set up new employees, and keep an eye on who is clocked in. We got everyone trained on how to use this very quickly.

Cons

It would be great if the Desk Top option had the weekly view alike the phone version does. It would help if at the end of the work week an employee could sign their time card and not have to wait until the end of the pay period. With seasonal part-time employees they may only work once and then have to wait 10 days to sign their time card, this wastes a lot of our supervisors time chasing down...

Thanks for the review, LM! Our reporting functionality on the desktop version allows for custom date ranges. Additionally, you can print all of the timecards from the time card report. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and we will be reaching out to help resolve your concerns. -David

BusyBusy for the Busy Manager

Coming from the time clock era, my overall experience with BusyBusy has been excellent. We had a need for additional time keeping in our company and we found BusyBusy on Google Play. It was one of the best business decisions we have ever made. Its easy to use, has multiple features and reports that are necessary to track my employees. I love BusyBusy.

Pros

What I like most about BusyBusy is the access. You can log in at anytime so, their are less chances of an forgetting to log in time. Busybusy has great management features that make recording keeping a breeze. BusyBusy knows what the customer needs and will upgrade and adjust when necessary. BusyBusy support gets back to you pronto so you are never kept hanging. All questions are answered and all problems are resolved....that I like.

Cons

What I like least is that if you are not a supervisor and you need to add another employee you are unable to do so. What I have to look forward to is that BusyBusy will resolve this issue in the very near future.

Hi Linda, Thank you for your great review. We are glad its super easy for you to manage your team's times. You can set custom permission levels in the Pro version of our site to allow employees to add other employees to your company without editing their times. :) I hope this helps, JC

100 times better than written timecards!

LOVE it! Will never go back to hand written time-cards. Saves me so much time!

Pros

We love the busy busy uses the internet to keep track of employee's timecards, we love that we don't ever have to guess or figure out what hours are written down with terrible penmanship. We love that we can access it on the mobile phone or from the PC and use all of the fuctions from anywhere. No more adding up hours manually it does the work for you! We also love that we can tie it to a geo location, and that it reminds people to sign their timecards for payroll. What don't I love about it, would be easier to type.

Cons

I don't subscribe to all the functions so I can't say what I don't like since I haven't tried it all. There isn't really anything I don't like. I do wish it was a little cheaper to sync with Quickbooks because I would totally do it then!

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. We are happy with all the things you love about our app. We hope you continue to enjoy your usage on our app. You will love us even more if you decide to connect with your Quickbooks! :) Thank you, JC

We use Busybusy both in the field and in the office. We love the flexibility & mobility it gives us!

Access to real-time data and tracking and the ability for users to provide additional information by using descriptive fields.

Pros

It can be used anywhere. We have construction crews in the field and it's great that they can use it wherever they are and we can have real-time data without having to wait for the end of the week for paper timecards. It takes a lot of the burden off of our foremen and frees them up for more important work. Plus, their customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Limited reporting features. Their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that nut then needs to be manipulated in Excel.

Hi Melinda, Thank you for your review. We are happy your mobile crew can easily capture and send data from the field. It's a bummer to hear our reports are limited. I hope you've been able to submit the reports as feature request. If not, I'd be happy to jump on a shared screen meeting with you to further look at what reports you need. Thank you, Jairo

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

Pros

The ability to talk into my phone and have it text the words I am saying into notes The ability to search for job names and addresses within the app. And just the ease of the dashboard

Cons

Is that your GPS has to always be on they need to have it on while using app Sometimes it slow maybe that's my phone app I don't know why you can't copy and paste out of busybusy but you can paste into busybusy but can't copy and paste out of BusyBusy

Hi Bart, Thank you for your review. We are glad you like the ability to speak your notes in and search for job details. Our app has a very efficient way of using the GPS feature. It only uses it whenever you clock in, clock out, go off/on break and switch jobs. It uses very little data and battery usage as well. I will suggest the ability to copy and paste within busybusy for you. Thank you for your time, Jairo

Love how it integrates with Quick books

The biggest thing for me is the time I save on payroll from the app communicating with quick books and assigning hours to the correct job.

Pros

Time and location stamp of employees, and how it integrates with quick books. Other great feature is that we have several jobs at the same Time and i am able to run reports on each job to see where we are using too many man hours.

Cons

There is not much that I can think of as cons, I have had several hiccups where an employee thought they have clocked out but the app has kept them clocked in so I have to fix time for employees quiet often, I don't see it has a big problem.

Hi Travis, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you've found Quickbooks integration to be helpful! I'll reach out to you regarding those phantom clock outs so we can prevent that from happening in the future. -ZL

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and mobile.

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Hi Sukhdeep, Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature. I hope this helps, Jairo

After the initial set up with support, navigating through the program was pretty easy! Love it!

Pros

I like that you can make changes if an employee made a bad punch in or out. Also, being able to make those adjustments on a cell phone if you're not at a computer, very convenient.

Cons

I don't like that the lunch time button says "break" not "Meal break", if there was ever an issue with legal, it would need to say lunch Break or Meal break... is this something that can be reprogrammed for Coastal Greenscapes?? Second: On a daily basis a few employees clock back in from their lunch, but the time continues on their lunch and multiple refreshes do not help to set them back on the timed screen. This makes us think that there is a software issue with some of the phones? most of our employees use ANDROID? is android the issue? please advise. This has caused conflict in the past...

We agree, the app is very convenient and easy to use. Great feedback as well. We will be reaching out directly to help resolve your concerns and issues. -DH

Very user friendly

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

Pros

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

Cons

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time. -David

Great Service

As stated before, it gives those of us who work away from the home office, the ease of being able to clock in and out and electronically sign our time cards.

Pros

I think it's a great service, especially for those of us that work out of state or are otherwise away from our home office and can not clock in and out the old fashion way! Being able to electronically sign your time card is another valuable feature. Also, I love that I can work from home and still be able to clock in and out.

Cons

I have not found anything about this program that I don't like. As for the question about cost above, that I can't say, because I do not pay for the service, but from an employee stand point, who uses it on a daily basis I think it's great!

Hi Tammy, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you like the electronic signatures and clocking in remotely via the app. Does make things much easier. Please let us know how we can be of any service. Jairo

Easy navigation, I can explain how to use the app in less than five minutes to new employees.

Reporting is what I mainly use the software for.

Pros

Overall my experience with busybusy have been successful. I personally have had zero issues when it comes to the navigation and reporting while using the application. My experience with their customer service is outstanding and they will do whatever it takes to resolve the issue immediately. The overall navigation is simple and easy to use. My eleven year old knows how to use it. The cost is low comparable to other timekeeping applications.

Cons

As of today the only cons that I personally have is that it currently does not integrate with our bidding software. If this could integrate it would be the perfect software for our company.

Appreciate the review! Integrations are a focus of ours as we continue to grow. We have some creative options to help you with whatever software you are using for your bidding. Please reach out to us and see if we can help! -DH

Busy Busy time tracking

excellent

Pros

This software is easily used by all employees and allows for admin of the software from any location.

Cons

Have not found any problems so far. The ease of use and tracking of all employees with description of performed tasks make time management so much better for future planning.