Bókun Logo
Bókun

Cloud-based booking management solution for tourism industry

visit website

Bókun Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.38/10

Reviews by rating

Once you are familiar with Bokun it's a superb tool and the support team is awesome, always just a few minutes away to help you solve your issues.
When Bokun launched, I loved the product. It was affordable, solid and easy to implement into my website.
I actually liked the options, the system and the way of managing it. It is recommended because it is useful, easy to use and priceless.
At the time I was using it, customer support was the worst part of it.
Many hasitate knowing that this is not a privately heald software but viator being behind it but I personally can't see why this is something that bad.

António Pedro d.

A huge change

Pros

I joined Bokun when they got acquired by Tripadvisor. The small commission was at drove me in, but then I realized it was so much more. It was easy to use, easy to integrate on our website with the widgets and I even found a payment provider better than the one I was using that connected well with them. But I would say the best is their customer service. The whole team is just nice and I've met a few of them at Arival as well. I always tell people when they start using bokun on my team or other teams (to which I have recommended bokun to) - the chat is your best friend, backed by very good tutorials!

Cons

Initially, the fact that the bookings could not be seen in a calendar was a difficulty, but it has been fixed.

AG

Angeliki G.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

One of the best in its field

Booking widget right in my web site making bookings a piece of cake! And with the backend manager I have every detail and information right in my fingertip making my life much easier.

Pros

So many functionalities and features that can cover the demands of tour operators and travel agencies. Pricing is is very fair compared to alternatives. You can even find partnerships within the software. An overall very nice booking software. Ended up using it after a long market research. And can say I'm satisfied.

Cons

Since bokun was recently buyed by tripadvisor I believe it hasn't "settled" to what viator wants to provide. Things have been fixed and I believe that there are plenty more that will be included by viator to make this booking software the top one. Many hasitate knowing that this is not a privately heald software but viator being behind it but I personally can't see why this is something that bad? On the contrary this can be something really good making you feel safe being partners with one of the leading companies in the industry.

Thank you for your review, Angeliki. We are so glad Bokun has proven to be so helpful and successful as your online booking engine and backend reservation and channel manager. Best, Bokun Support

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

It was a good deal till it started to cost more than others

We have been using Bokun for over 6 month now. At the beginning it seemed like a dream. Good pricing, instant chat and they actually made us think they were taking care of us. Then we started to find issue and bugs in the system, issues that have been there for months, and they don't know how to answer. The pickup list display Room instead of pickup place meaning you have to open every single booking to know where you have to pick customers up. Passenger list is bugy aswell. Bokun should stop trying to make websites for us and focus on the core business: the activities features There should be a package option that let you offer a discount if customers book two or more activities.

Pros

Being a Tripadvisor company makes the integration with Viator good

Cons

It does not have a Package Creation Feature at all Plenty of bugs and they don't even know when they will got them fixed Backend seems from 15 years ago The email options are a joke

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Capterra about your experience with Bokun. Whilst we are very happy that you have found the integration with Viator useful, I apologise that you have not been as pleased with other parts of the platform. I would like to mention that the pick-up list now displays both location and room, which should resolve the issue that you mention...

MB

Madeline B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The customer service is off the scale!

My bookings have increased week on week exponentially. I am just about to send out contracts on the marketplace function and am looking forward to even more sales.

Pros

The customer service. They have an incredibly well-trained, knowledgable team who will literally stay with you until your issue is resolved, be it online or on the phone.

Cons

The set up was tricky for a novice like me, but again the Bokun team were with me every step of the way. I find it much easier to add new products now I understand the system better.

JS

Jason S.

Review of Bokun Software

Bokun makes the management of reservations and finances much easier and much more efficient for us.

Pros

Great API connectivity with key partners to ensure that our reservation information is up-to-date and accurate. Easy to add schedules, make modifications and update as necessary.

Cons

Still missing important features with incoming bookings that are necessary for our work: notably we receive no information on the language of the activity of the reservation. We also cannot create one-off bookings/reservations of on request services; if we were able to create orders with one-time products/services instead of being restricted to selecting something form the catalogue, Bokun would satisfy all of our reservation needs.

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are always updating and improving the Bokun product, and we appreciate your suggested product updates! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

AH

Adam H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Would 100% Recommend

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Pros

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

Cons

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

NH

Nicholas H.

Great Product, Bit of a learning curve

Over all, worth it.

Pros

This helps organize all of our products in one place, keeps track of our reservations and makes it easy to sell on our own website.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to set up the products and the customer service is not very helpful in getting you through this learning process.

DL

Diane L.

Enjoyable experience

I have been extremely happy with Bokun and the customer service

Pros

Was with another software company since changing to Bokun my bookings have tripled

Cons

Calander for employees is not easily accessible. I would like to see weekly calendar that employees would see as a schedule

PZ

Peter Z.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Exceptional service

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

Pros

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

Cons

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future. Best, Bokun Support

AS

Angel S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Bokun Does what it says it does

It has been a great working relationship with Them and They are always their when I call.

Pros

The ease of use is really the Pro side of the system.

Cons

There is no Cons . I have been using it for a while and cannot find anything to say as to what they do wrong.

Hi Angel, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are here to help you if you have any questions or need assistance. Best, Bokun Support

CS

Cihan S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Not ready to release, still in development, complicated and poor customer service

We have products on Viator. They offered us to move all our products on Viator, which was not made properly. Let it aside, the customer service keeps passing our problem to someone else and each time I had to explain everything from the scratch. They say they will get in touch in a few hours but no one actually comes with a solution. The software has connectivity issues even with their own company! If you are a travel company, consider using this software twice!

Pros

Owned by Tripadvisor Can integrate to our Wordpress website

Cons

Complicated Poor Customer service Very hard coded, you cannot manage product portfolio with ease as they promote

Hi Cihan, We're sorry to hear about your experience. We looked into your account and it appears that there was differing availability information between your products on Bokun and Viator, but that the issue has been resolved. We empathize and understand that this is a complicated process. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io if there is any other ways we can help. Best, Bokun Support

VW

Verena W.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Support team is the best

It really helps us in our internal communication and organization. It would be great if it would help us in our marketing in the future. We have made contracts in the marketplace but none of them really brings us much business so far.

Pros

The customer service! Very quick, very clear, very helpful for all kind of questions and problems.

Cons

For example it should be more easy to make bookings for travel agents or clients which are not in the marketplace. It is a bit complicated to first set them all up as affiliates or agents and then make the bookings for them. Imagine, often hotels or booking offices call in to make a booking and I have to be much quicker to put the booking in. The software is therefore in my opinion too limited to the marketplace. I usually use the booking desk to put new bookings in but unfortunately it does not safe the commission here. I have to put it in as discount after I finished the booking.

Hi Verena, thank you for your kind words! Our help center is full of tips for using our product more effectively with both agents and affiliates. For agents, you're able to provide them with login access to your back-end system so they can make the bookings themselves without needing your assistance. You can also create an Agent Booking Area for agents to book your tours more easily. You can provide...

CS

Carrie S.

Online Booking with Bokun

Pros

When we decided for Bokun it was the mix of an online booking system for accommodation, activities plus the all Bokun Marketplace where you could connect with suppliers and vendors from all over the world and resell their products or have them resell yours.

Cons

It was rather complex to get acustomed with the product. Bokun is not a simple "plug & play" solution. You will have to own a good amount of time, dig in, get to know it and then strategically plan what you want to get out of the system and how, before doing it. A clear con today is that Bokun no longer has a focus on the accommodation section, unfortunately. Because we were on it from the beginning we still have access to the tool, which is sadly our most important tool. But Bokun is no longer putting any effort into developing the accommodaton part.

RF

Ralf F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Best value for money reservation

At the beginning I was a bit struggling, but now as I know the system, it works very well. When I have a problem I get support very quickly.

Pros

It is cheap and works very closely with Viator (TripAdvisor Experiences) and Expedia

Cons

The fact that it is owned by the biggest player, i.e. Tripadvisor. First of all it is a big advantage but at the same time a risk with regards to GetYourGuide (another very strong partner of mine). So I use two Reservatins System. I work with bokun and have Viator, Expedia, Musement, Holibob, TourHQ etc. connected and on the other side I use GYG directly.

Hi Ralf, Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you aren't using Bokun to connect with GetYourGuide. We assure you that our goal is to get you connected to and selling on as many channels as possible, in order to put you in front of every potential customer. Bokun shares none of our customer data with the TripAdvisor Experiences / Viator account management team. If you do decide you want to use Bokun to connect to GetYourGuide, or you want to learn more about our GYG partnership, please reach out to us at support@bokun.io. Best, Bokun Support

RA

Ricardo Alexandre P.

Used other for less than 6 months

Excellent b2b features

I found bokun because I noticed that some products were highlighted on Viator experiences. I asked how could I get that and they told me to take a look at Bokun because the experiences that were connected with bokun were highlighted. Since it was the first time I saw this kind of software, I found it amazing. But when I was faced with a weak checkout UX for our customers and with a bad support, I searched for other solutions.

Pros

The best part of bokun is the marketplace. It allow you to connect your business to thousands of businesses. And, as far as I know, bokun has the biggest businesses pool. Because of this, if your priority is b2b, I think that this a great option.

Cons

At the time I was using it, customer support was the worst part of it. I think it was a new team, so they didn't knew the features and they seemed like bots because when you exposed a problem, they just searched for related articles and suggest you to read them. Also, you just could talk to them via chat or email. And, since this is for business, I think that they should a phone support also. The checkout widget that they provide to our customers is also very weak, compared to other solutions. It has spelling erros, because they do automatic translation and because they don't create a suggesting safe UX. Even after exposing some spelling errors on the widget, because they use automatic translations, they weren't willing to fix that.

Hello Ricardo, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On the one hand, we're glad to hear you enjoyed the Marketplace. That's right, this is a very powerful tool for both suppliers and sellers to create and expand your network and increase your revenue at the same time. On the other hand, we're very sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations. We strive...

GA

Georg A.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Great for bookings, want to see it move to operations

It is OK I worry much with the new owners and what they will do with the pricing of bokun, expecting to move back to our own online booking system if prices rise and just use bokun to book other products with partners.

Pros

Easy to manage bookings, good feature set around it. Many sales and suppliers in the system, good sales canal.

Cons

Management of the products can be complicated and often not working correctly. Would like to see better management around staff, able to assign bookings on guide or driver guides. The calendar on our web can be slow some times.

Hi Georg, thank you for reviewing Bokun! We're happy to hear that you found our system useful and easy to use. At Bokun, we strive to help our users grow their businesses, including selling your products through channels like your own website, global OTAs and the Marketplace. So, if you want to explore any of this, do let us know! Our developers are actively working on Resource Management, so stay tuned for more information on this soon! Last but not least, if you require any assistance on product management or anything in general, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help. - Bokun Support

PP

Paula P.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Bokun is the best software for the management of bookings in the travel industry

It's one of my favourite softwares. I use it on a daily basis to manage the travel business I work for and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of time and energy I save everyday by using Bokun.

Pros

Bokun is the ultimate software for travel operators and travel platforms alike. It provides 5-star service, a full on-boarding process with one of their experts. Plus, they are fully integrated with big travel platforms such as TripAdvisor and Expedia, so you get all bookings in one place and you don't need to check multiple platforms daily, which is a big time saver. Moreover, Bokun provides beautiful and customizable widgets for your products to put on your website, which increases conversion rates.

Cons

It is pretty complex to use, but that's both a strength and a weakness. They do offer professional on-boarding and a great resource library, which makes it relatively easy to learn for anyone with

Hi Paula, Thank you for your review and your kind words. At Bokun, we strive to keep improving our product and our level of service to meet our customers' needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any ideas for how we can improve the product, particularly in regards to the ease of use. Best, Bokun Support Team

DP

David P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Best Solution for Doing Business

Bokun team support is the best my team has ever worked with in the industry. There ability to customize a system that works for us was amazing. There system is a one stop solution with opportunities for future support as we continue to increase our business levels.

Pros

Functionally easy to navigate. Very easy for my team to customize groups or set up new products.

Cons

The software meets our requirements. I would recommend to anyone.

nm

neeraj m.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Bokun is waste of time and money

We really dislike BOKUN because it is for small private experience, but if it is large company the services qre very bad, TRhis software is made only for viator or maybe otyher OTAs but not for daily uses,

Pros

The product list widget, that i can't someone and they can use all the products,

Cons

The CUSTOMER Services, everytime you write them: They say:"WE HAVE IMPLIMENTED YOUR FETURE REQUEST AND SOON WE WILL GIVE YOU ANSWER" After 6 months no answer.

Hi Neeraj, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our company. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the platform and experience. While we want to hear all about the improvements that you're missing from our platform, we can't promise that these will be implemented or that they will be implemented swiftly, since any request need to go through validation by our product team and...

NR

NICOLAS R.

International Affairs, 1-10 employees

A practical and effective tool

I have had a good experience with the use of the platform and the reception of executives.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, A simple and integrated way to load products,

Cons

The classification of activities, I consider that it is more efficient to separate the activities according to the sector or product that is offered.

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've had success integrating your products. You can add categories and attributes to your experiences in Bokun in the product setup settings. Don't hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you need any further information or support. All the best, Bokun Support

CN

Cody N.

Love this software

Helping us get more business, and make it easier for customers to find us online.

Pros

How easy and effective it is at sales for my business!

Cons

Customer support is hard to communicate directly with guest.

Hi Cody, Thank you for your review and your feedback. Thank you for your comment about our customer support We are always working on improving our performance, so we appreciate this feedback! Best, Bokun Support

AT

Alfredo T.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A good solution for ACTIVITIES or single option products, not bundles

I LOVE Bókun... was my first option when I change my old tailor-made (and expensive) booking solution. In the beginning, all was marvellous. We are a Travvel Agency, creating our own products with very local providers. We use it for "little" one day experiences, and it was great. But when we need more flexibility to create bundles, mixing tickets, hotels, trains... things began to change...for the worse

Pros

The options to define product. The website creator (which is a Duda solution). The powerful of managing products.

Cons

Lack of flexibility for complex products (bundles)

Megan M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Simple and affordable

As an accommodation provider, Bokun has really streamlined my booking and payment processes - pretty much all guests are paid in full online upon arrival, saving time and making for a better check in experience.

Pros

Simple, streamlined booking widget (for your website) and easy-to-use property management dashboard

Cons

Doesn't provide sales spreadsheets with HST information (which I need for tax purposes in Canada)

Hi Megan, Thanks for your review of Bokun! We're so glad to hear that you find our widgets and dashboard easy to use, and that we've helped to streamline your business. We do not yet have country-specific reports built but we are always looking for feedback for our Product team, so we are happy to pass that suggestion along. Thanks! - Bokun Support

NE

Nicole E.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

What do you expect when their custmer service is located in Iceland

First off they take days to answer questions then they always accuse you of being the problem. They will blantly lie and say they are doing something when they aren't. They have never bothered to walk us through any of the steps either. Then if you can get someone to call you, you can't uderstand each other?

Pros

Nothing I don't like it at all. Horrible customer service to boot

Cons

The communication of talking to a person. First they will try and blame you then they don't explain why stuff happens a fact that makes it seem they could care less about you.

Hi Nicole, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our online support. We are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and we would like to understand more from you on what went wrong. We strive to provide excellent support to all of our customers. We know how important it is to receive information and support in navigating our products. In fact, we offer assistance via chat and email to offer a quick resolution, 24/7 and schedule calls when requested. We weren't able to identify your account, but please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@bokun.io and we would be happy to have another chance in speaking with you. Many thanks, Fabio, Bókun Support

BJ

Bajou J.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing support team, excellent system

Pros

We developed an in-house plugin to connect our tours to different OTAs through bokun. Tech team has been very helping.

Cons

Documentation could have been a bit more advanced