Bookwhen Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.59/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall I'm just thrilled with being able to take all my booking through this site because of its simple platform and the phenomenal customer service help at hand.
The customer service and support has always being outstanding- this was so important when I was setting up and had lots of questions.
The software was easy to set up and use ( even for not technical persons like me). It looks super professional and gave our events a quality feel.
Maybe the trial could have been a bit longer to alow for the set up would be my only negative comment.
I recently contacted Bookwhen to cancel my subscription as I haven't been using it.
The only negative is that it doesn't look as 'sexy' as wanted it to. It is a little boring in it's over all look.

Bookwhen users...

Mindbody-logocaret

Mindbody

Calendly-logocaret

Calendly

SimplyBook.me-logocaret

SimplyBook.me

How would you rate Bookwhen?

Bookwhen has made a massive difference!

Great customer support. Very patient and friendly!

Pros

The automated system that enables customers to determine availabilty and book in themselves 24/7.

Cons

Would like to more easily amend booking infomration if there are changes e.g. to attendees. Also wouold like to be able to transfer payment if a booking is cancelled before a transfer is made. Also cannot currently transfer to booking of higher vale and pay the difference.

Simple but powerful

Dont underestimate Bookwhen. A tiny application compared to some other software booking packages but it's versatile, powerful and great to use. My clients find booking easy and repeat bookings even easier. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

It's easy for a new client to book into a class and easy for a regular client to use repeatedly and quickly. It's also easy for coaches to check on class attendance and it's veratile enought that we can use it for all of our needs.

Cons

Its clunky to keep track of cash payments and doesnt have a dedicated page for taking register once the class begins.

Thanks for the review, John! It's great to have astute users like you on board :) We have plans to update the attendee sheet soon so that registering people on the day will be really easy, as will recording cash payments. We'll keep you posted!

Best point of sale for educational programs.

Pros

Ease of use, user interface, fees, notifications, registration forms, discounting, customer service, payment interface

Cons

Filtering events. It is difficult to create a link to filter to only a specific category of events. A lot of learnings on URLs needed.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, James! We agree that a proper interface for filtering on events would be a good addition. However, we think the ability to use Markdown to create very customisable options/layouts for filtering is a good substitute in the meantime. We appreciate some of this can feel a bit advanced, so if our help articles aren't enough then we're always here to help you with the code! Thanks very much for using the system :) Cheers, Bookwhen

I have received a lot of help from them even though I have the most simple package.

I am not constantly getting telephone calls to book classes and then have to do so. People can book as far in advance as they want - which is useful for a popular class as I can only have six people in a session.

Pros

Simple to use for the clients and for me. I find adding classes or changes times easy to do. Email confirmation is fantastic, also easy option to cancel. The help I have been given by their team has been second to none. I always recommend Bookwhen when people ask about it.

Cons

When I started I had the waiting list option and someone on list would be contacted if a place became available. I cannot afford that any more as my business is very small and I don't earn enough to have that.

It's so great to hear how useful Bookwhen has been for your business, Rosemary! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. Speak soon - Jenny

This has been one of the easiest quick wins for my business. It has streamlined my booking process.

Pros

Ease of use, tagging classes to be able to categorise them, the discount functionality, the teams speed of response.

Cons

It is not a difficult system but it can take a few months to iron out any small quirks to make it match your exact business needs. There are a few minor functionalities that I would like it to have like a client notes section but the team know about this and add it to their list of modifications for the future. The CSV file it provides me does not give me the exact MI I need so I am having to adapt to it. That said I have not spoken to the team about it so maybe it can be resolved.

Thank you for your review! It's so good to hear that you find Bookwhen easy to use and a quick win - that's what we are aiming for! Please do reach out to our support team about your CSV requirements so we can discuss these further. - Jenny

Helped for a good period of time

Pros

Simple and works well on a laptop and mobile devices.

Cons

Was promised a lot, most membership options however after waiting and being assured it was "one the way" never happened despite promises. Had to move elsewhere.

Hi Bradley! Thank you for taking the time to review Bookwhen, we really appreciate your feedback and are always looking at where we can improve, with memberships being one of those areas! Memberships are a big priority for Bookwhen in 2019 and we're committed to delivering them then. Jenny

Ease of use, seamless interface for purchases, and outstanding customer service.

Mainly for the clients experience. A fast, easy way to book appointments.

Pros

User friendly functions on both sides, customer and consumer. The calendar function, and POS is very transparent and easy to use.

Cons

None that I can think of. Since I've started using the system they've listened to user suggestions and update accordingly.

Hi Jason, It's been a pleasure having you as a long standing customer on the system. Thanks very much for your great review - it's really appreciated :) Luke

Great system - Team is always extremely helpful when we have a problem/or have a question.

Pros

I find that this software is very easy to use, making it is easy for our staff to use - who may or may not be very computer literate. Overall it is simple, yet effective.

Cons

That I, as the administrator, can't change delegate's details e.g. incorrect email addresses - Bookwhen have to do this.

Thanks for such a great review, Tamsin! Its been great supporting you over the years. I'm very pleased to say we're launching an email fix function within the next week :)

Super easy to set up and use and my students find it easy too.

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Pros

The software was really easy to set up and start using. The online help was superb and really quick. Since using the software I have saved a lot of time on administration, feel more organised and my students also like it and find it easy to use.

Cons

I have been using the software for almost a year and cannot think of any cons apart from I had some trouble finding my fees charged by Stripe, but that was nothing to do with Bookwhen.

Wow, this review made our day!! Thanks for the love, smiles all round at the office :) Glad to hear we've saved you lots of admin time. Thanks for using the system. If you ever have any questions about Stripe then I'd recommend getting in touch with their support. They're very helpful and responsive! Namaste, Bookwhen.

A awesome product. I have been using it for the past 2 years and never had a problem

Value for money. Easy to set up amd navigate.

Pros

Easy to follow. If i had ever had a problem i can access FAQ or contact support and support returns very quickly

Cons

I have nothong to criticize for this product. It is perfect for my bookings and is money for value. .

Thanks for your review Matthew. Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen! We will continue to innovate and add new features so please do let us know if there is anything else you need.

Bookwhen review

Bookwhen has automated a lot of my booking process and allows my members a number of options when it comes to booking, cancelling or transferring. It also offers us a professional looking booking system that is uniform across the brand.

Pros

I like the automation of the software. It saves me a lot of extra work, I can just concentrate on what I'm good at, delivering the classes and making my members sweat!

Cons

Takes a little time to get used to. I'm not the greatest with online stuff anyway so it took me a little while to get my head around some of the features but I suppose that's the same with learning anything new.

Thanks very much for the wonderful review, Craig! It's been great watching you scale with our unique franchise function, here's to many more locations launching in the near future :)

Couldn't function without this product!

We discovered Bookwhen 5 years ago by chance, and have been using it every since to book learners onto courses for several of our clients. We simply couldn't run elements of our business without it and it has helped us to sell courses by providing the booking system from Bookwhen. The Customer Support is excellent, always responding to help and often doing what you needed to do there and then. Highly recommend.

Pros

ease of use, ability to help run our business

Cons

nothing

Thanks very much Justin - it's a pleasure having you on board :)

Just what I needed for my jewellery classes

Pros

Easy to use for both administrators and customers. Really like that you can set up repeating events with ease. This software has made my bookings a breeze. Great customer service too.

Cons

I don't think there's much I don't like about bookwhen. It ticks all the boxes for my business needs.

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth Anne, and for being such a committed long term customer :) Here's to many more years of jewellery classes!

Excellent features, service and value for money

Pros

Great range of features and ease of use. Perfect for smaller and bigger enterprises. Fantastic customer service v

Cons

Public face could be more visual. When there are lots of classes I think visually it might be hard to select an option for users.

Thanks for the great review, Angie! In terms of the public side of Bookwhen, you can actually use HTML in your event descriptions to edit the text, or insert images and videos. Many of our businesses also use emoji's in the event titles to help visually differentiate different events on the schedule page. I hope that helps? Please follow up with support if you need any further advice :)

User friendly online booking for our yoga classes

Pros

Easy and convenient and helping us to improve admin tasks such as class scheduling, member management.

Cons

We are currently changing things at Shanti but will get back to you with an answer to your question , we will need for clients to bok and pay for classes, courses and membership through the portal and connect with social media accounts.

Just brilliant!

I cannot recommend Bookwhen enough. After spending days trawling through lots of different booking systems, I decided to take the plunge with Bookwhen. It is so very easy to use and is beautifully straight forward! Whenever I have needed to query something, the support team is always there to help and ususally contact me back in a couple of hours. It has been a lifesaver to my business and has meant my admin is not only reduced but recorded. There are so many systems out there but in my opinion Bookwhen is THE best! Others have far too many things to get your head around whereas bookwhen does what it says on the tin. I have shown and recommended Bookwhen to lots of my colleagues, who are also impressed with the service. 5* all the way!

Pros

Ease of use, simple and straight forward, support access.

Cons

None

Thanks for your review, Diane! It's a pleasure to have you on the system :)

Freedom from the chores of invoicing, hooray!

Very reduced administration costs for the business

Pros

It is easy and manageable for both me and the customers. It has transformed my business, booking and paying online for courses has removed the need for invoicing/purchase orders/supplier detail forms and payment chasing. fantastic!

Cons

Thanks for the great review, Gina! Always happy to hear we've relieved someone of boring chores! Love from the Bookwhen team.

Excellent Online Reservation System

Overall we love Book When. It is a great product at a solid price. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros

Man, we were so happy to find BookWhen.com. We had an immediate need to apply a software reservation system for a client and manage it for them. They were starting from scratch and didn't have anything in mind. We looked around are really loved BookWhen.com. The software is easy to use, the implementation for our first event took less than 30 minutes total, that is with us learning how it worked to getting the links online where our users could reserve tickets for our event. It integrated perfectly with Stripe payments which we were already using. Payments taken through it worked perfectly.

Cons

We can't find an easy way to take a deposit payment for an event and then have the user pay off the balance at a later date. The only way we have found to do this so far is to either create a "deposit event" and then a hidden pay your balance event, or we ask the user to make a payment through our standard gateway form. While not a huge issue it would be nice to have one payment and page where a user could see their event, along with any deposit(s) they had posted and the remaining balance.

Thank you for your feedback Joel! The deposit feature is something we'll be hopefully working on in the future so keep your eyes peeled :-) Jen

Bookwhen: To Use or Not to Use?

Overall, I was disappointed with what Bookwhen had to offer. I only used it during a free trial period and quickly switched back to a program that had the features I liked.

Pros

Bookwhen is extremely easy to setup! This super user friendly platform can help you with group events such as, meetings or classes. Bookwhen also offers email reminders to help reduce the amount of "no shows."

Cons

Even with the most expensive package, Bookwhen does not have the ability to integrate with other apps that supply text reminders. While they do have some integration capabilities with payment processors and such, those capabilities are very limited. Bookwhen is also very limited on its personalization options.

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback around text reminders and customisation will help us prioritise what we focus on next year, and we hope to be able to address both of these needs. For what its worth, you can already customise your public booking page by adding a header image, changing the colour and adding a logo. All of our forms also accept Markdown, making it possible to edit text format, add in photos and many other HMTL elements. Thanks for trialling Bookwhen, hopefully we can win you back one day! If you think you'd benefit from a demo then please just give us a shout! Thanks, Jenny

Since using Bookwhen for our training programmes and events, our workload has reduced significantly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and adaptable. The waiting list function is brilliant and the reminders sent before an event works well for us. The customer support response is excellent, we never have to wait very long before receiving a response which is always dealt with efficiently.

Cons

Bookwhen has worked very well for us so far so nothing to report in this section - all working brilliantly for us.

Wow - thanks for such an amazing review, Trish! Great to have you on board :)

EXCELLENT

The support I get from the customer services is second to none. I cannot fault them . They are here to help and support. I wish I had set up this online booking system sooner to assist me in my small business. It frees up time so I can get on lesson planning.

Pros

It ease for me to set up and for my clients to use. I have had all positive feedback from using this system

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software

Amazing booking platform

I will be a long term customer of Bookwhen, I have no other reason to stop using the platform.

Pros

Bookwhen was so easy to integrate into my website and with Zoom. It has saved me a fortune in having to get a customised booking solution developed externally. The interface is great, the process very intuitive and the support team incredibly helpful.

Cons

I have no negative feedback at all! Everything I required was contained within and when I did make a special feature request, I had an online call with one of their staff. The customer service is excellent as is the product!

Easy to use and good customer service

Keep detailed track of my bookings.

Pros

Great price, as we are an NGO. I find it easy to use and to keep track of. I like the customisable functions.

Cons

The interface could be prettier. I'd love to be able to use my webpage as an interface instead.

Hi Jasmine, thank you so much for leaving us such a great and honest review :-) If you're not using our integrated iFrame on your website yet and are interested, just drop us a message on the live chat so we can talk you through it! - Jenny

Easy to use and inexpensive

I now know exactly who is coming to my classes. It’s easy for customers to pay by Stripe so I hardly ever worry about cash handling, though that feature is there when I need it.

Pros

Loved the fact my customers find it very easy to use, and I found it easy to enter and amend classes. I also fi D the reporting features useful.

Cons

Perhaps a membership feature would be useful.

Hi Marion, thanks so much for your lovely review and for highlighting the features you particularly like! Memberships are coming - we just can't give a timeframe just yet, but it's good to know there's demand for this :-) - Jenny

Bookwhen User

Excellent.

Pros

I’ve been using Bookwhen for at least six or seven years now. It’s great, easy to use, great facilities and my customers like it as well. The guys at Bookwhen are always looking for ways to improve it and the customer care is second to none! Always helpful and informative.

Cons

No cons. If I have had any queries about the software I receive prompt informative advice either through the online chat or via email but generally I find the software very user friendly.

Really happy to read you've been with us so long Kris! Thanks for your review - Jen