PayPal Zettle Logo

Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

PayPal Zettle Reviews

4.6

2.2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

netsuite

My experience is really good and I was using PayPal since 2020 and I love to used it I can use PayPal Donation which is really good for streamers and gamers.
In general my experience is positive on the other hand I think that it is very important to have a good customer service and be present in the Arab countries as well.
If you love PayPal then PayPal Here is going to be another favorite. It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.
Susceptible to scammers and fraudulent activities that use its brand to lend an air of credibility to their activities.
You have to be connected to an internet signal to use it. We've been in a spot where service is weak and the app lags or crashes.
So far, I've been blocked by paypal because there is a signal problem when logging in. This made me to create a new account, which of course had an effect on the work I was doing.

2,267 reviews

Marci D.

Lapidary

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

small business life saver

Transcript

Marci: Hi, my name is Marci. I am a creator in the arts and crafts field, and I personally give PayPal...

Chase M.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best option to send and receive payments

Transcript

Chase: My name is Chase. I am the owner of a digital branding agency, and I give PayPal a three out of...

Lorena Q.

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

PayPal Here Review

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

JW

Judi W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Ditching PayPal

I enjoyed the low cost processing fees but PayPal Zettle lacks in so many ways and is limited in features.

Pros

Zettle by itself would be an excellent concept but I absolutely loathe having to deal with PayPal. I have a list of complaints as long as my leg with PayPal !

Cons

The card processor and terminal tends to be very seedy and has technical issues more often than not. PayPal is very frowned upon these days and my customers do NOT like using it !

GK

Gourab K.

Animation, self-employed

This platform is a very great and helpful for any people whatever they are staying in any country

This platform is really good and tha customer support with survice is to good

Pros

Withdrawal processing and no conversion fee

Cons

Processing timing is very great full for me atleast

Carol M.

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

It was Great- until they made one little change

I needed a quick fix when they were phasing out our version of Quickbooks POS and we wanted something a little more flexible. After spending nearly a month looking for a new system we settled on this one, price is right, processing fees aren't bad, reporting was adequate enough to get by and we expected/hoped that it would get better the longer it was in use in the US, I was very wrong. The 'features' they've added have been mostly useless.

Pros

It's free, it's by PayPal so you can trust it and the price can't be beat

Cons

I've let a lot of things slide because it's free, but now that they transfer EVERY credit card transaction to my PayPal account it's terrible to try to reconcile in Quickbooks. The reporting is truly terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent. Try to even find the help section on the PayPal site. It's like they bought and make money off this thing, but don't actually want to support it.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to use and easy to set up

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Pros

I needed to find a new card reader as my previous one had died. As I have a paypal business account I wanted one which will link direct with my account without having to set up a new payment system. The software and reader links straight to my shopify account so that I could use the card reader to link to my iPad and set up a POS at the mobile shows I attend. It brought in my entire inventory from shopify. The software is easy to use and allows easy data to be accessed from the software dashboard showing sales by timeperiods and even go into each transaction to granular levels. You can also refund card transactions from within the software. you can trigger your payments out to be daily, weekly or monthly to your designated account.

Cons

Note that the reader is really sensitive so do not put your phone close to the reader when entering in payment details or you can trigger apple pay ... yes, I accidentally paid for an order and had to refund it to myself (which was really easy in the software).

BI

Basma I.

Sports, 11-50 employees

PayPal Zettle Advantages

As I’m an admin, I’m very stressed in managing many stuff such like meetings, organizing tournaments, visas issuing, reports, staff follow-up and so on, and this app made things easier to me at the time I was checking and reviewing the lot of bills, payments and receipts, which reduced stress on me and saved my time.

Pros

It’s easy, simple, quick to pay and receive.

Cons

There is no obstacles or difficulties I found during using it.

WV

Willie V.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Most user friendly for accepting in person payments

Overall this app is the most user friendly I've ever used and the usage fees are minimal compared to other apps like paypal here I recommend this app to any small business

Pros

Love how easy this app is to use and love how you can save your product or service by individual selections for easy future checkout

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like about this app I give it five stars two thumbs up. Every small business should use this app.

MJ

Mike J.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

PayPal Zettle is great for on the go

I was worried at first when PayPal transitioned to Zettle but the process has been smooth overall. It works great and I love the customization. Haven't had a problem with it yet.

Pros

I love the reader and all the simple reports it entails. It's perfect for on the go sales. It's super small and easy to use.

Cons

Biggest con is that it has to be charged. The older readers did not so this takes some getting used to.

JO

Joshua O.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Easy way to enhance your mobile transaction on the Go

Pros

Transactions are instants and its easy to use.

Cons

Disputes on payments are not resolved instantly

TG

Tama G.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Perfect for small to medium businesses

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount...

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

OS

Obrian S.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

PayPal zettle I love it

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Relieable Product

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Kristen m.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

PayPay for the win

Overall I really enjoy using this software its extremely easy to navigate through all my platforms are all hooked right into there I get all my business info. Really it been the best software I have used it seems it has more features than Shopify and cheaper. So its a win-win in my book GREAT JOB PAPPAYL

Pros

The availability of use from all different platforms The way I can manage and keep up with my business is amazing its better than Shopify in my opinion and way cheaper. Once you dive into PayPal Zettle you will see differences between them it's much easy to navigate. Very easy to learn a lot about my business I can now see what is trending in my stores online.

Cons

I loved a lot about this software A LOT but the prices can get out of control just make sure you get what you need and not what u want if that makes sense. I ended up with a bigger bill than wanted but still got all services offered and it was still cheaper than shopify.

ER

Eduardo R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Easy to process the pays of your customers.

Pros

It easy to use for your customers. And it is so secure for processing pay for the customer and the business.

Cons

Sometimes we had a problems with the gateway, because Paypal couldn't process the customer credit card and lose the sell.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates...

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

FC

Fred C.

Automotive, self-employed

Worst Purchase Ever

I bought the Zettle Terminal at the beginning of July, only to have it show up broken. No big deal, I certainly understand that things go wrong and accidents happen; however, ever since then, trying to deal with customer service to get a refund has been nothing less than laughable. I first spoke to a woman who said she'd get me some shipping labels printed and sent within a few hours so I could send...

Pros

I never got a chance to use it to see if there was anything likable about it.

Cons

Customer service is a joke. I've been trying to get a refund for the broken equipment they sent me for two months now and haven't managed yet. And it's not because there's some kind of dispute, they just stopped answering my emails and when I do manage to get someone on the phone they don't do what they say they're going to. I'm looking at you, [sensitive content hidden]

Aaron M.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Went from great to just okay

I used to love this app, and use it on a weekly basis for my business, but after a few updates it has just gone down hill. It started with just not working on my personal phone, then it stopped functioning on my computer and on my wife's phone. We uninstalled and updated on all devices, but it would no longer allow us to complete a purchase by typing the card numbers in, in fact it wouldn't even let...

Pros

I liked the functionality of it in that it was easy to take payments where ever you are. It was simple to use, easy to understand, and great for being able to instantly send receipts to clients.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the fee is higher if you are not swiping the card, because in my business I have clients all over the world and very few that are local that could actually just swipe the card.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Good!

Pros

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

AS

Abhijeet S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

PayPal Zettle Review

As a small business owner, PayPal Zettle has transformed the way I handle transactions. Its user-friendly interface and versatile payment options make it easy for customers to pay, while robust analytics tools provide valuable insights for business growth. While fees and offline functionality pose minor challenges, overall, Zettle has been a game-changer for my business. Highly recommended.

Pros

User-Friendly Interface: PayPal Zettle offers a remarkably intuitive interface, making it easy for small business owners to set up and start accepting payments swiftly. The platform's simplicity ensures that even those with minimal technical expertise can navigate and utilize its features effectively.

Cons

Limited International Availability: Although PayPal Zettle has expanded its presence globally, its availability in certain regions may still be limited. Businesses operating in areas where Zettle is not yet widely available may need to explore alternative payment solutions to cater to their customer base effectively.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

PAYPAL PROS AND CONS

My overall experience with PayPal, the anxiety over online shopping is taking away because i know my money is protected and it makes my online shopping and earning effortless, but,with that said I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer money,without being charged on both ends. would definitely recommend this site to anyone who shops online or conducts their businesses online. PayPal has to remember some of us were not born with a cell phone,some of us had black and white 2 channels tv's with rabbit ears for static.

Pros

VERY EASY TO SET UP ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.WHEN THERE IS A DEPOSIT IN YOUR ACCOUNT,YOU ARE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELYTHEY DO NOT HASSLE YOU AT ALL. YOUR MONEY IS SAFE AND ITS A FANTASTIC APP FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME AND HAVE A SECURE WAY OF IT BEING PROTECTED MORE SO IF YOU ARE DOING ONLINE SHOPPING,IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME THEY TAKE ACTION TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK,BECAUSE THEY SECURE YOUR MONEY AND I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY ' BETTER THAN SOME WELL KNOWN BANKS".

Cons

AH,CONS.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PAYPAL IS TRYING TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER CARD OR EVEN BACK TO MY OWN PRIMARY BANK ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE LINKED PAYPAL WITH. THIS SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME AS BIG AS OTHER NATIONAL BANKS,ONCE THEY DECIDE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE FOR THE GENERATION THAT WAS NOT BORN INTO THE COMPUTER ERA.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Easy to use, as long as I can get the card scanner to work.

Overall, I think this app and pay experience is a great way to have small organizations have the ability to take these types of payments in various situations and locations. However, if the card reader doesn't operate well, it defeats the purpose and can make the organization look unprepared or unorganized.

Pros

This app is set up in a very user friendly format. I like the use of the larger font sizes for all text and buttons. I use this app for fundraising events, so having the option to filter items to each event is a great feature. The sale area is clear and easy to edit if a mistake is made. The sales activity area is also very user friendly, and easy to manage and review sales. The look and feel of the app is very well paired with the website experience.

Cons

My only issue with this app is that I have repeated trouble using the swipe card reader. Even upon receiving a new reader with a new iPad, I sometimes have to swipe 4 times to get the card to read. This is not ideal when I have a donor standing there watching me and I have to apologize. I always test the reader before each event with my own card, to see what problems arise. Luckily, I typically only have to use the card reader with individuals I know and work with, so it's not as much of an embarrassment. I have taken the iPad out of the case to see if the connection would work better. Sometimes that does work better but not always.

Antonio G.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

PayPal here (Zelle

The description of our experience using PayPal here is exemplary, appreciated and exceedingly efficient, cost-effective, and easy to use and because of the efficiency of Paypal Here we have not once required use support. The interfacing properties of Paypal here have allowed us to navigate smoothly, efficiently, and without any problems whatsoever. If and when a question needs answering, the Paypal website has an extensive list to garner the required answers.

Pros

It does not get any easier than PayPal here to facilitate payments from clientele for our company. The ease of the compilation of information is required for us to track expenditures and income. This allows for comparisons to our own systems to identify and ensure the accuracy of both of the aforementioned. And if a client may already possess a PayPal account, payment is relatively immediate and there is never any need for additional requirements or information from the client. Expediency and efficiency are expected by our clientele and this system allows it to be an integral part of the expectations of our clientele.

Cons

Not any discernible cons with the possible exception it cannot integrate possibly with WooCommerce.

MD

Mounir D.

Computer Software, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

PayPal Amazing

Overall I am satisfied with PayPal which remains a simple and effective way for me to pay online.

Pros

We have recently seen that the payment solutions on the Internet are varied such as bank card, western union, paypal, etc. PayPal has understood the interest of offering a single and secure payment solution and receives its commission on almost all of the transactions. Buyers benefit from various guarantees in the event of non-receipt of their order. For example, I made an order about a year ago from...

Cons

The big disadvantage of PayPal remains the relatively heavy fees. In addition, the seller is sometimes forced to send the order via certain postal services when they are very expensive compared to what can be found. Clearly, a collector's ticket seller is forced to send his tickets via tracked mail, which is much more expensive than conventional mail. In this sense, PayPal should lighten its regulations to allow sellers with 200/300 transactions to their credit to send with the most economical transport service. Do you see yourself paying 3 euros in shipping costs for an item worth 2 euros?

KB

Kim B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Money on the go

Great! Anyone who has paid bills online, made online purchases and/or does any form of billing should use PayPal.

Pros

That it's easily available for everyone to use and that it has simple step by step options that anyone can follow to pay or to be paid by anyone else even if they don't have a PayPal acct..There is a community feed, not assistance and you can mssg/chat/call customer service.

Cons

The .com site and the app offer the same options but in different setup/steps and that confusing for a newcomer as well as those of us who use them regular.