Guidebook Reviews

4.75/5 (52 reviews)

Pros
  • For me, it is wonderful to build technological skills and actually have fun creating this service for our participants.Kayla F.Read the full review
  • Ease of use and a consistent product we feel good about promoting to our attendees.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Overall, I've had a positive experience with Guidebook. It has the capability to be an incredibly useful tool.Kelsey H.Read the full review
Cons
  • I have no real complaints with guidebook, especially at it's pricepoint.Jake R.Read the full review
  • No Instagram icon for social media. Attendees get confused with a preview vs. a live guide (there should be only a single presence of a guide when downloading).Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I also have disliked what seems to me to be a continual change in the interface where the app is built.Keven D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Sara Smith

Guidebook for Orientations/Training: Fantastic!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-17

Overall if you have the budget for this product I would highly recommend it. It's a fantastic tool to use for small, large, or midsized events, and very easy to use on the back end to schedule and upload information, but also very user-friendly for those who will actually be attending and utilizing the app to move and shake with their schedules.

Pros
Something that I liked most about this software is the scalability and the ability to update in real time. I cannot tell you how much this saved us during orientation trainings for our student staff when I was a Resident Director. We had instances where rooms were changed at the drop of a hat, or lunches/sessions were altered on start or end times and being able to update their schedule within the Guidebook app saved us and prevented catastrophe of having to let everybody know by word of mouth or e-mail; which none of our student staff would check during orientations. For scheduling snafus like this, it really saved the day with the real time updates and made everything seem seamless and like it was running smoothly, even if on the back end planners were running around like a bunch of crazy chickens. This was really great for CRM integration too which was important to us for tracking/data purposes. With syncing and list creations too, you can really impact things big time. For example, we could use this for student events and track ROI for our programs/budget, and also look at new leads for potential future programs with vendors or groups on campus. The possibilities are all there, and you can really customize this to fit your needs.

Cons
Pricing was really dicey for us as we had limited budget for large training groups. You have the options for self versus full service to kind of play around with. Unfortunately with budget cuts we weren't able to sustain using this. With the full service you can control branding which is AWESOME though, so if you have need for that it's really something to consider!

Kayla Fuller

Guidebook is Awesome!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Guidebook was the first time that we switched from a paper program for participants to an electronic app. It has brought our company's events into the 21st century and truly improved the experience of our event participants. Not only that, but it is a great improvement for those who have to create these guides for participants. My current supervisor had to create these paper programs and she always tells me how much she hated it! For me, it is wonderful to build technological skills and actually have fun creating this service for our participants.

Pros
The ease of use! Everything is very straight forward and even if I don't know how to do something, the support team responds in record timing. I enjoy the customization and easy drag and drop features. I also love the ability to copy content from one guide to another to save time on building.

Cons
Sometimes there are small glitches that cause me to have to reload the page, but nothing crazy. Any issues that arise are totally normal (nothing is 100% perfect) and are resolved quickly. I do wish that the sponsor cards could be copied to the next guide as they are usually the same.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

A necessity for a well organized con

Reviewed 2019-12-31

Love it, the ability to add events to your schedule with reminders has saved me many times

Pros
Way better than a physical con schedule. Can be updated on the fly and has the ability to display as many sections of information for events, panels, and booths. Helps con goers find everything there is to do

Cons
I don't like when con runners don't maximize its potential and put out an unfinished guidebook. That is all

Brenda Salguero

Worth it for your big conference or big event!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-12-10

I would definitely use this again! As a first time user there were definitely a few learning curves. But if you're generally tech savvy and have just a general understanding of how apps and things work, you should be completely able to edit and design your own guidebook. And customer service was pretty quick when we needed help if we ever did get stuck (which we did once or twice). Also sidenote: our event was for 200+ people and students.

Pros
It is very user friendly! I was placed in charge of building and adding all the information we needed for our event to guidebook, and as a first time user I found it easy to learn. First, you can work on it and then publish it and make it live. So no worries about accidently messing up before the big day. Second, I loved that you could edit the features - you can easily add a map, a list of speakers, sponsors (which was super important!), surveys, etc. While also being able to customize the features to what you needed. For instance we need to add a project checklist - I was even able to upload my own icon to match the customized feature. Finally, I appreciated the schedule tracking feature which allowed conference attendees to see what workshops or events they were attending depending on the team/track they were on. Very useful when trying to corral and herd a large group of people.

Cons
The survey was difficult to figure out how to use. You have to get out of the guide you're working on and create the survey on your dashboard. From there, you have to ht surveys and polls. Then you can create and edit surveys and attach them to specific events - for instance we had surveys for every workshop, so I was able to attach a survey to each and every workshop we had. BUT the issue came with making sure you attached the survey to the correct event/workshop. Also downloading the data from the survey was super counter intuitive and must be done from the dashboard and NOT the survey area. Its a little confusing in that regard. The guidebook is also hard to edit when its live since some of it can be a bit complicated so I highly recommend trying to double check everything before its published/made live. At least one pro to this is you can test the guide out BEFORE publishing it, which was really nice.

Raymond Rodriguez

Not a fan of Guidebook

Reviewed 2019-10-07

Pros
For what it does, Guidebook is very useful. Great at being that one place on the phone for visitors to click to for information about the events taking place on campus.

Cons
Customization is really bad. You're forced to use their color palette, which doesn't make sense.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Keven Dockter

Guidebook user for over 7 years!

Reviewed 2019-05-02

When I began working with Guidebook in 2012, they were a new company and I was new to the event app world. Needless to say, I had many questions over the years. Each and every question was quickly answered by Guidebook's support team. At no time was I made to feel that I was asking a foolish question. Their professionalism and service exceed most companies I have worked with during my career as a meeting planner.

Pros
The Guidebook event app continues to grow and become more valuable to my attendees. Each year something new is added creating more value. The interactive social feed allows attendees to connect with each other. Pushing out notifications enables me to draw attention to key events during our conference. Evaluation of our educational sessions provided immediate feedback to our presenters.

Cons
At times there are features I wish were present like being able to jump to a certain letter in the alphabet when listing presenters. However, when I suggest these be added in future updates, I receive positive replies. I also have disliked what seems to me to be a continual change in the interface where the app is built. While it is intuitive and easy to use, the look seems to change too often for me.

Nate Alcorn

Love Guidebook

Reviewed 2019-05-09

Love Guidebook. Simple, easy, effective. And great customer service.

Pros
We love using Guidebook. It's so simple to teach other editors as well as edit myself. Even though the layout is simple, it's still easy to get creative and intentional with.

Cons
With we had more control of layouts. An easier way to put in static maps as PDF files would be great too,

Anonymous

Easy to use event management application

Reviewed 2019-05-13

The ease of communication to attendees during events.

Pros
-Notifications to event attendees -Ability to clone guides so that you don't have to rebuild for the next event -Easy upload of documents -Banners

Cons
-No Instagram icon for social media -Attendees get confused with a preview vs. a live guide (there should be only a single presence of a guide when downloading)

Kenneth Blunt

Great and Easy App for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2019-05-03

I really enjoyed using Guidebook and will probably use it again. Currently I'm looking at other apps that are less expensive

Pros
The app was easy to set up and manage. Even a non-technical person can do it

Cons
It was quite a bit more expensive than other apps of the type

Leslie Ristine

Guidebook Excels as interactive meeting guide

Reviewed 2019-05-17

The experience was unparalleled, especially when it came to the support. As a once-a-year-user, many aspects of the program are updated from one year to the next and the support I received in navigating the newest platforms was always prompt, efficient and on-target

Pros
The ease with which I can manage all aspects of the program, as well as the success rate for people using it onsite. Even those who may be 'technologically challenged' found it easy to download and easy to use

Cons
For my purposes, I could not find any part of Guidebook that was difficult or unclear to understand, learn or use.

Anonymous

Excellent tool for conferences, training, orientations etc.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Significantly reduce printing costs and paper usage. Allow individuals to plan better. Send updates in a timely fashion. Allow users to interact with each other.

Pros
I have used guidebook for a few years now. Most of my usage experience has come as a conference attendee. I no longer need to get tree-killing printed conference schedules (unless I am presenting, then I want a copy)! The tool is very easy to use in most situations. You can create a registration/check-in for folks, put in guides, schedules, reminders, and push notifications to users. I have explored using it for my own office as well, and had worked with guidebook to set up a trial. I thought the tool was very useful for our work (University - training undergraduate student staff), however, the price was a little too high for the extent to which this product would have been helpful, so I decided not to go through with this.

Cons
The schedule explore can be a little clunky, it will not keep your place at times, randomly refresh itself, etc. The search feature can be your best friend if you know what you are looking for, because the organization system is not designed for any specific context, which means that while it is good for many different uses, it leave a little to be desire in each specific context.

Julie Lehman

Guidebook is a one-stop shop for conferences

Reviewed 2019-02-18

Guidebook eliminates the need for any printing, which cuts down on costs and waste. Guidebook makes it easy to stay on schedule, with maps and reminders. Connecting with other attendees is easy too, through the app, without needing to give more personal information than what you'd like while still having a way to network.

Pros
I have used Guidebook at several conferences, and love the ease of use as well as the total elimination of printed schedules and information. With the option of selecting what events I am planning to attend (and setting calendar reminders as well!) out the menu of offerings for any given day or time period, this makes scheduling a breeze. Maps, powerpoints, speaker notes, and options for social networking allow attendees to have any information they need just with one app.

Cons
For my purposes, I didn't have any complaints about this software or its utilization.

Nick Amaral

Simple Setup for Events

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Guidebook helped me plan and coordinate a staff PD day for my school district. Users were able to interact throughout the day and plan out the sessions they wanted to attend digitally, without needed to carry a paper copy with them. This also helped me promote our day/event as well as provide acknowledgment to those companies that helped support our event.

Pros
Guidebook is a pretty easy tool to use when coordinating, planning, and scheduling events such as conferences and organizational/ company days. I have used in education when planning PD days for our district or when attending conferences. best part is the mobile app that users get to use and interact with when you make it live. Decent amount of included capabilities as well, that are in the free program, including images, and a feedback system.

Cons
When using with the free program, you are limited to the total number of downloads of your mobile app. I assume when paying this will change. As of now, the free version has sufficed.

Kris Swanson Vatter

Campus welcome information

Reviewed 2017-11-21

We know that the majority of our first-year students were able to download the Guide, so we were able to communicate with them for their first weeks. Families who used the Guide were complementary.

Pros
It puts the essential information in the hands of the people who need it. It's easy to navigate. Icons are universal and understandable. Sending out schedule changes, updates, or reminders is a great feature. Easy for the guest to create a custom schedule.

Cons
The hardest part is taking a nice, orderly word document and getting into excel format to upload. It's hard to put one session with multiple sections into a format that works for the guest to easily choose and add to their personal schedule. Guest can't add non-Guide events to schedule.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Vicent Parra Sacchetti

Write down your activities in a more didactic and efficient way.

Reviewed 2018-05-15

With Guidebook to organize my days and write down important things is very simple and fast, it is enough to just look for the app and start to write down.

Pros
The method of organizing for each of your activities that you can save as a digital book is really amazing and useful, with the app you do not worry about taking paper and pencil as in the old school, although necessary but not so practical.

Cons
It is a little confusing when looking for your activities and it brings problems when editing, there are cases that do not save the modifications.

Andrew Yeager-Buckley

Guidebook helps us look good!

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Guidebook helps us offer a tool for our event participants that we'd never be able to create on our own.

Pros
As a religious, non-profit organization we don't often get high marks for being cutting edge or contemporary when it comes to our uses of technology. We have made some huge strides in the last 5 years and Guidebook has been part of that formula. Guidebook is one of the top things constituents mention in post-event surveys as something helpful we offer to improve their experience. I spend many hours perfecting the setup but I can't take credit for the platform itself. That's all you!

John Thomas

We used Guidebook at Annual Conference this past May. It was a way better presentation of events.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

This software kept me organized at Annual Conference for the last 2 years.

Pros
When we had Guidebook as a list of events, dinners, speakers, etc. It was a great way to stay on top of things when so much other stuff was happening at Annual Conference. I even had access to some information that I did not have before because of Guidebook! I simply never saw it when the Conference used printed guidebooks.

Cons
Depending on the stuff i was looking for, Guidebook was kind of overwhelming my first year, because it was such a Big Conference with a lot of information.

Catie Adams

Best Option for Value

Reviewed 2019-05-01

From small meetings to larger incentive travel, Guidebook has been a helpful resource. We are actually looking into how we can implement the use of it into our actual meetings. Our team has realized the benefit, but it is harder to get our guests to download the app.

Pros
Guidebook has many good things...not only is the system that helps you create your guide app super helpful, they have a ton of resources, the support is phenomenal and you cannot beat the price.

Cons
There really aren't any cons...maybe some information on how to customize it a bit more to match branding standards...or a way to do so...but I imagine this would drive the cost up. I would prefer to keep pricing the same to be honest.

Garry Taylor

Guidebook is Making Our Printed Program Obsolete!

Reviewed 2019-05-19

We are printing fewer program books for our conference and I expect we will ultimately stop printing them altogether. That saves us money.

Pros
Guidebook gives our conference attendees a complete program in their pocket (on their phone). I like being able to upload the schedule, exhibitor information, etc. from Excel.

Cons
There are a few things I'm still figuring out, such as uploading bulk photos. It's not that the software doesn't do it, but at least for me, the learning curve is a bit steep.

Anonymous

Good product, very intuitive and comes with a great customer support team

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-11-21

Pros
The guides we create are very easy to build and navigate. Most menus and items can be customized and the website's support FAQs and step-by-step instructions are incredibly helpful. If an answer can't be found there, I've always gotten quick answers from the support team that address what I need.

Cons
The only reason I'm not rating this 5 stars is because there's no lead tracker availability. At our conferences, we have exhibitors that would like to follow up with attendees more directly than just saying "do you have a business card?". Further, we would like to track actual attendance at sessions by having a QR code printed on badges and someone at the door to scan as people arrive. As much as we encourage our attendees, we know not everyone will download the app and check-in to sessions, so that doesn't give us the most reliable data.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jackie Adams

Guidebook is Awesome for Non Tech People!

Reviewed 2019-05-04

We have used Guidebook for 2 years for our annual Convention. It was easy to set up and this year (2nd year using) we simply kept the sections we liked, edited out the ones we didn't use and added in some new features. Our attendees love that we stayed with the same app year over year. Will use them again!

Pros
This application was so simple to set up and use. No "programming" type functions required of me. Their Customer Service Folks walked us right through the set up and any questions we had afterwards! But most of all, our "end users" LOVED the app.

Cons
A bit pricey, but, worth it! We paid for 2 years at a time to get a discount.

Kelsey Heinert

Great as a conference attendee; okay as an event organizer

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Overall, I've had a positive experience with Guidebook. It has the capability to be an incredibly useful tool!

Pros
I loved using this as a conference attendee. It was great to have the entire conference schedule on my phone with the ability to add my personal sessions, view a map of where the session rooms were located, and review each individual session.

Cons
We used this at our University for an Open House event we held, and it was not as easy to set up for our guests as I would have assumed. Since our Open House utilized all of campus rather than one building, getting the map feature to function effectively was difficult. When I had questions during set up, I was directed to view online help tutorials, which were not always that helpful.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Margo Leitschuh

Guidebook is wonderful, we use it each year for an annual conference!

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Pros
It's very easy to use, everything is well laid out. It's visually appealing and I can always find what I need. Customer support has been wonderful and they are always helpful!

Cons
I guess the only thing that I would say I like the least is the cost for upgrades - we would really like to use the "tracks" for our conference, but it is really the only benefit to the upgrade for us so we have chosen not to do it.

Kathleen Frazier

Easy to use, great product!

Reviewed 2017-11-21

This software made my company look more professional during our events, which made me look good!

Pros
For the infrequent, smaller user, it is wonderful that we can use the product for free. It is so easy to use and well received by those who have access to our Guidebook. Thank you so much for a great product!

Cons
The only con I have is that I wish there was a subscription between the free option and the next level.

Lynda Duran

Education Conference Tool

Reviewed 2019-05-06

Guidebook was an important cornerstone to our conference planning and implementation.

Pros
Guidebook helped us organize all of our conference and session logistics in a way that college students loved to engage with. As the guide designer, I found the tool so easy to use.

Cons
The guidebook download takes up a little bit of space on student's phones, which a few complained about.