BizLibrary Reviews

Heather H.

They take 1 course each month and they love it. Managers love that it is easy to use and the training department loves the ease of assigning and tracking courses in the system.

Kristy S.

Great selection of content available from their own designers and third party, courses were sized/time correctly, user interface was great.

Cons

Some courses are terrible, the worst was basically a PowerPoint with a computer generated voiceover. Not the quality I was expecting.

Jennifer H.

My biggest complaint is that the price was reasonable for my first three year contract, then they increased the price which I just called and told them to forget the contract.

Susan M.

However, it is a very simple process. This is also more of a Paycom problem and less a BizLibrary problem.

Mason S.

4.5

Fantastic Course Library and Customer Service

Pros

BizLibrary offers an extensive course library that enables you to prived options for everyone in your organization. The team keeps their content fresh, by releasing new content each month and retiring outdated courses as well. The team is also incredibly helpful and passionate about their work. My Client Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is outstanding! We meet monthly to discuss how our company's training plan is going and what she and her team can do to support our efforts. We have a great partnership!

Cons

There is nothing that I like least. The content is easy for us to extract and load into our LMS

Sarah, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with BizLibrary and your Client Success Manager! We look forward to continuing our partnership. Thanks again for your kind review. -Rachel from BizLibrary

Engaging, Unstuffy, Fun Video Learning

We had a great sales experience, and a very good transition with our CSM. I love that even though we may be a smaller-size client, we still get great attention. If I were nit-picky, I would say that Biz never got back to us on the Six Sigma curriculum item that we asked about many times. I think we promised to give one last piece of information to our CSM, so I will do that. But that was a strong program with our prior vendor, and we miss having it in the current content library.

Pros

1. We previously used content that was so curated it came off as cold and unfriendly. It was too canned. Biz content is of similar quality, but the videos are a lot more easy-going. They are more relatable. 2. We also like the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] content. It's super fun, a little edgy, and our users really engage. 3. I love the episodes that are 20 or so minutes long that really demonstrate how to go about or not go about certain manager/employee interactions.

Cons

There are some videos where the speaker is standing off to the side of a power point slide or green screen, and is conveying information. These look a little poorly put together, and the lecture style isn't really resonating with our users.

Cheryl, thank you for your review! We're excited to hear that your organization likes the engaging content BizLibrary has to offer. We appreciate your feedback about the Six Sigma Curriculum and will pass this information along to your Client Success Manager. Thanks again for your review! -Rachel from BizLibrary

Well worth the cost!

The customer support is phenomenal! The variety of the training they offer is amazing. we have not had an issue yet that there was not a training solution for from the Biz Library program. I feel supported by my client specialist at all times. They help me to set goals and accomplish them while helping our entire corporation get everything we need to be better!

Pros

The Biz Library software removes the barriers to get training to our employees quickly and productively. It makes the administration of the assignments easier and allows learners to make their own learning paths specific to their needs.

Cons

There are so many functions and ways to use them that it can seem overwhelming at first. You just need to take the time to learn the system and then you are blown away.

Tayln, thanks for your review! We love hearing your positive feedback about our software and the relationship you have with the client success team. We look forward to continuing our partnership and seeing the success of your training program. -Rachel from BizLibrary

Extremely Customer Focused

With our contract with BizLibrary retiring, we explored other vendors. Sorting through the pros and cons, we ultimately decided to move forward with another two year contract with BizLibrary. We had limited usage but quickly realized that they have everything we need and that our opportunity was really in how we chose to implement and market the availability in connection with our learning strategy. They are now partners in our journey and I am excited about the future.

Pros

Biz Library has been a good partner in the past, but we are even more excited about our future in partnership with them. In the past we loaded their content into our LMS, but we are now planning the launch of their direct platform which we expect to improve our learner experience. The BizLibrary Team has been extremely customer focused. Since we operate fairly lean, I am thankful for their Content Mgt Team as they've helped build out full curriculums in alignment with our global competencies. They are truly an extension of our team.

Cons

Their certification support is somewhat limited. I'd like to see a more thorough curriculum to create certification journeys rather than just courses that align to a curriculum. For instance, the SHRM or PMP curriculum should contain the courses needed to prepare for the exam limiting repetition. This category could benefit from some focused improvement (i.e. especially HR Manager), but I know they are up for it and fully capable. Its a matter of identifying it as a priority.

Heather, thank you for your review! We love hearing your positive feedback on BizLibrary's content and support. We're excited to continue our partnership together! We appreciate your honest feedback about the certification support and will pass this information along to the appropriate team members. Thanks again for your review! -Rachel from BizLibrary

BizLibrary is a great ROI and a must have!!

Love working with BizLibrary and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

The over all ease of use, and administration of the courses. BizLibrary also has many SME's that can help guide you thru your program needs.

Cons

I think the reporting could be a little better. They offer many excellent ways to report the information and many have no problem with the reports. My only con for this is I wish it was more of an adhoc query where I could select exactly what I want out to then turn into my own KPI's that fit my organization.

Matt, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that our platform and content meet the needs of your organization. Thank you for sharing your feedback about reporting. We take all client feedback seriously and share it with our product team! -Rachel from BizLibrary

Gets results

Easy implementation (3-4 months with Single Sign On for 350 licenses), wonderful support from day 1 and ongoing continuous contact with staff. Our employees, from day laborers through executives, love it.

Pros

From both and administrator and a user standpoint, the platform is very easy to use and has so much variety in content and delivery that it easily meets our L&D needs.

Cons

It’s difficult to find something I don’t like but if I have to pick something I’d say there are times where I submit ideas or concerns and that input is “not on the roadmap”. Now, to be fair, many of my ideas are embraced. I’d say I feel my ideas are put into action 80% of the time where I am “not on the roadmap” 20% of the time.

Biz Library fan in Wisconsin

The most provable ROI with this program is in the form of MS Office training, providing options for on-site training rather than spending the time and money sending employees to off-site training and all the expenses that accompany the effort. If this was the only training this program provided, it would be worth the investment. That being said, there are so many other hard and soft skills available...

Pros

Ease of use. Short, potent messages when appropriate. Ability to stop the program and return when time is available.

Cons

N/A

BizLibrary Content Provider Review

Pros

It's very easy to find content you need on your own by searching, or get requested content sent to you through their content concierge.

Cons

Sometimes content is outdated, but if you experience this they take feedback really well and do their best to provide course updates.

Paige, thanks for your review! We are happy that you enjoy our large content library and have found value in our complimentary Content Concierge service. We look forward to continuing our partnership together! - Rachel from BizLibrary

This is a great software offering a large amount of training opportunities to our staff

Less time for folks to be aware from the office getting training. There are thousands of courses to choose from so it has made learning easier and more manageable for our staff.

Pros

We have a dedicated account rep who really cares about us getting the most value out of their services. We meet via phone with her monthly and she is always making suggestions how initiatives we can create to get our staff more brutalization of the system. We like that we can setup workflows and our managers can go into the system and assign training videos to their staff, making them mandatory and setting a deadline on when they must be completed. We have added a video series to our new managers training program, and we have gotten good feedback.

Cons

We had a manager ask if we were able to upload our own training videos under our employer account so our staff could review them. This is not a function available but would be great to see in the future.

Great option for online training

cost savings for training in general - awesome solution for e learning.

Pros

I like that there are so many options - - they have micro learning options that are short and to the point, but then there are longer format, more in-depth options too. You can find exactly what you need, for the amount of time you have. And it supports mobile which is such a great option for people in the field!

Cons

Probably the only con for my organization is the web based concept. When in the field, if there is down time, it would be great to have some micro learning available as a time filler, but usually my people are fairly remote so connectivity can be an issue. That's just the nature of our work.

Engaging Your Employees through Development

We are able to quickly address basic employee skill deficits by introducing course topics as needed. The staff is very approachable, and the concierge service really helps us to hone in on the best courses for our needs. We have been pleased with the working relationship between our company and BizLibrary!

Pros

With BizLibrary, you have many ways to engage your employees and unleash their creative sparks! Our company has not historically provided competency-based training to our employees. Each department has a trainer (SME) who provides technical and procedural knowledge that the employees will use to satisfy our clients' needs. Technical skills - not people skills. With the introduction of the BizLibrary...

Cons

I only wish the library contains topics that focus on our business world (the mortgage industry).

Many changes, all for the better.

If you need a good resource, that is not just going to YouTube for training videos this is right for you. I have been using them for 4 years, but at a hefty increase in price for years 4-6. They will say its all about how much added content they added and new platform, which is true, but for those who joined when they were much smaller are saddled with the high cost now they are growing.

Pros

The quantity of the training courses is immense and it is always growing. The platform changed a few years ago, so they aspire to do great things to make it easy for a company to integrate the training both culturally to your company as well as satisfy regulatory compliance. The online chat is very easy to use, and the help you get is always quick and spot on with your issue. The quick videos for things like MS Excel and other software training work great for the medium to advanced user, so you can see a good video on that specific issue without having to plow through a whole session.

Cons

The platform changed two years ago, which was tough for my admin users to get the hang of it, as they were provided training on the new system, but the old system still controlled some of the features. This caused much confusion in my company. The support folks think that I have hours to work on the system, learning and trying new things, but the whole reason you use a third party vendor could be...

Training Manager

I have been working with BizLibrary for a couple of years now. The team has been very supportive of our program and have helped to drive us to be one of the higher rated BizLibrary users. The transition from the old operating platform to the new one took some time to get used to, but I like the newer platform much better than the old. There is much more functionality in the new platform, especially...

Pros

Huge video library that is constantly updated, easy to use from the staff side, good reporting tools

Cons

Better platform transition training--webinars, video's on functionality of the new platform, etc.

There are none better!

1. overall training management for the enterprise; 2. robust platform that is rarely down--dependable; 3. Large-company capability for small-company price--great value; 4. Responsive management team that has partnered with me over the years; 5. Top-notch Customer Success Manager, Melissa Hebert. Without Melissa we would be much less successful.

Pros

It is robust--there are features and benefits that make it flexible, responsive and dependable. It gets better and more refined each year.

Cons

There are still some kinks where improvement can be made. The external training process (request, approval, monitoring) is not transparent and it is cumbersome, for example.

Clunky Admin Experience

My biggest gripe is that the admin UI is so cumbersome that I'm working weekends and need to watch videos to learn how to do things (as opposed to learning on own or reading instructions). I have manged users in dozens of other sites for years (and developed user management components for sites) and never needed to think so deeply. Most of my time in the system is spent trying to figure out if I have a bug to report, or if I simply don't know what I'm doing. It would be very difficult to go a long period without logging in and pick it back up because it follows almost none of the web conventions I'm used to.

Pros

I like that there's a rating system within the LMS itself and you can provide feedback. Their support reps are very patient. The interface is visually pleasing.

Cons

Content quality varies video-to-video, so everything needs to be vetted. Administrative interface is clunky with: - multiple page reloads/clicks to get to important settings - display bugs that require users to refresh often (scrollbar disappears) - random internal server errors - user management actions buried under a subtle "Actions" menu, - confusing or cutesy terminology that doesn't match conventions...

Megan, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear about your positive experience with our support team. We value your feedback regarding the admin experience and will share this directly with our team and your Client Success Manager. Thanks again for your review! -Rachel from BizLibrary

Pros

There are so many different content areas/topics available for both managers/supervisors and employees. Also the registration process if very easy with some of the new/updated changes made to the classroom portion.

Cons

In certain views to view the rest of the roster or employee list you have to continue to click the expand down button. I really wish there was a way to expand it in one click.

Kory, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that our content collection satisfies your training needs, and that our classroom registration process is easy to use. We appreciate your feedback and will share your thoughts with the team about the list view. Thanks again for your review. -Rachel from BizLibrary

Biz Library LMS Fan

BizLibrary has allowed our Organization the platform to house customers content and track results! It has offered our employees additional continued growth in personal and company development.

Pros

Client Success Managers really work with you and your organization to ensure that the software meets my organization name. In the 3+ years we have worked with the system they are continually evolving to meet their client needs.

Cons

Deactivated Learners - wish there was an easier way to move from teams and make inactive

Great content, LMS needs a little work

Pros

The content is wonderful. There are over 7,000 courses in their library and they have a large range of topics. You can also add your own courses and track easily through the LMS.

Cons

Some of the LMS features aren't quite functional yet. For example, you cannot set a recurrence for a course so it will automatically assign itself to the user after a certain amount of time. There are also some issues with registering for instructor-led training. Overall though it's a good system.

BizLibrary helps structure our training content

I feel that our LMS in BizLibrary keeps getting better! We are able to combine custom content with off- the-shelf content that covers just about any topic needed...we are finally able to create a paperless training program that allows us to be more consistent with onboarding and training at all locations that are spread across the country. The Certifications option is great because we can determine right away who has completed our training requirements.

Pros

It is easy to use: uploading and managing custom content is fairly simple and there is a large variety of off-the-shelf content to choose from.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting has too many options, which makes it a bit harder to search the right report.

BizLibrary enhances our training program with great content and an easy to use platform.

Pros

BizLibrary is a well rounded solution. The content is up to date, the platform easy to use and the support team uses client feedback to make improvements. The BizLibrary team stays on top of current research and helps clients deliver the best training available.

Cons

Some aspects of the system are still clunky on the admin side. I know this is a work in progress and look forward to fully updated functionality throughout the site.

The Education Program That Allows Users to Enhance Their Learning Experience

I really enjoy my client rep. I've also worked with many folks from the support team. They are fast & responsive. BizLibrary offers users the ability to search and find subject matters that they are looking for by using an interactive search tool. Wonderful library of content, with a large variety type of classes.

The Buzz on BizLibrary

We have had great success with BizLibrary! It is easy for our employees to use and we've had great reviews from them. We would love for BizLibrary to get into the Higher Ed arena with required training such as VaWa, Title IX, FERPA and the list goes on. Other than that, we are completely satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use as an administrator and as an end user.

Cons

The required training for Higher Ed is not available.

Platform

Biz has been good to track learning. We use it primary to push out monthly learning and for on-boarding of new employees. It allows us to set up learning initiatives in the desired sequence but also allows us to deviate from the sequence.

Pros

I like all the content options and the support team. They are quick to answer questions big or small.

Cons

The overall platform seems unstable at times. Odd glitches when logging in. Very common to log in a new user, create a password and then they are still logged in as whoever was on the computer last. So we end up logging out and then back in. I would say this happens 75% of the time when logging in as a new user. Other issues relate to system hanging up and need to empty cache or hit F5 or control F5.

Joel, thank you for the review! We apologize for the issues you have experienced with the platform, and we will share this concern with the team and your client success manager. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the content, and have had a positive experience with our helpful support team. Thanks again for the review! -Rachel from BizLibrary

Big Value for small Training Team using Microlearning

The value for quantity of reliable content was our biggest driver to purchase and we are satisfied at the current market price.

Pros

Huge library for value. It allows us to address many needs in an environment where that are lots of opportunities for training. Videos and Tools are easy to find and use, so that is a plus in our 'developing' learning ecosystem. Managers and employees find it easy to apply for in-person and group training.

Cons

Some video groups are not suitable for a global audience (too 'cheeky' or American Centric) so it takes extra time from our team to vett what we recommend, but we quickly developed our 'go to' options. Courses are retired regularly so this can be an issue when we build our favorite training videos into long-term/recurrent programs.

Love BizLibrary

I really enjoy discovering everything that is in BizLibrary. Constantly making new discoveries and finding the things I am looking for in there. It's so much fun!!!! Someone will ask for a particular type of training and I will almost always find something about that topic in BizLibrary. The service is so helpful. No pressure, no demands. Help when you need it, suggestions when you don't need anything.

Pros

Number of topics, the level/quality of the videos.

Cons

The price. I would love to buy licenses for everyone and let them loose in BizLibrary but being a government agency we just don't have that kind of money for videos yet (hopefully we will in the future.)