Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 3

1,416 reviews

Procare Review

Getting on the Cloud.

Pros

I am writing to let you know the value in [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!! After months of trying to get our system on the cloud on your end and our IT person as well, I was desperate as I will be traveling and need to work from another state. My daughter in law has cancer and I will be traveling back and forth from Ca. to Montana. I called on Friday and through my tears explained my problem... [SENSITIVE...

Cons

No Cons at this time.

Procare Child Care Management system is an Owner/Administrator's "best friend". Excellent and ez.

We have used Procare since 1996 and tried 2 other systems prior to finding out more about Procare through use of their demo. We've upgraded each version which has enhanced services each time. The sales and technical support personnel are very informative, friendly, and accessible. We also use Tuition Express which makes collections a breeze. Additionally, we use the keyless entry system for enhanced security. Procare has kept up with the needs of families and childcare center management by making these additional options.

Pros

Cost effective--not expensive and pays for itself in short time User friendly with lots of tutorials, webinars, and on phone as well as on line support State of the art technology to meet current and future needs Technicians work with teachers, administrators and I/T people as needed with ease and friendliess Fast service, product delivery Attractive software--"eye appeal" to users

Cons

I love everything about this software!

Childcare Administration Life saver

Procare allows me to "work smart and not hard." I have used this software almost ten years and this company is constantly improving- great product! I have referred several other Daycare Providers to this program and it has been a great benefit to them as well. I must comment that I am especially grateful that I was able to start small and move into more aspects of this software as I grew- there was and is always another "peice" to move into as the business grows.

Pros

Procare has been a great benefit to me as an Administrator of a Small Business. Record keeping is awesome. It is user friendly to the parents and my staff to include: time clock and registering children in and out daily. It has been very helpful to me especially with Tuition Express which allows parents to pay with a credit card, bank draft and more. Options for clients is always a "PLUS". Generating and printing reports is a whiz. I especially being able to complete my own payroll. Great Software!

Cons

I cant think of anything that I dislike about this software at present.

Works ok for our purposes

We have used Procare for many years. The thought of it is great but we find it lacking in MANY areas. The thought of changing software is daunting which is the reason we have stuck with it. We also feel that Tuition Express fees are very outrageous.

Pros

We like the data management aspect of Procare. We also like the thought of having everything in one place.

Cons

The software is time consuming and not extremely user friendly. We are not able to do all of the things we would like to. The software is not ideal from the accounting side. Our accounts prefers other financial software but does tolerate Procare. Balancing bank accounts is VERY time consuming and difficult. The program is not user friendly for parents and does not have a great app. I don’t feel it is all inclusive. Meaning we have to use multiple programs in addition to Procare to manage our school. The Tuition Express processing fees are absolutely exorbitant and seem to increase frequently.

Angie - Thank you for your candid feedback. We're glad you like the data management aspects of Procare. We'll have a team member contact you to consider strategies to make the best use of Tuition Express for your situation and ideas for how to minimize fees. We also have free training available to help you get the most from your system.

We love it!

It's easy for all of us, although there are many options it is quick and everyone caught on easily. It's been awesome having the accounting pretty much done for me because all the numbers are right there!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, I like how everything is connected. We have cloud storage so it's so convenient to access from anywhere! It's nice that the employees information is kept in the same place as everything else. There are so many great features that I can't pick a favorite, but I do love being able to see daily numbers ect. The billing is smooth.

Cons

The price. It is so pricey and I know there are other softwares that are cheaper, but I am in love with Procare so the price is something we overlook.

I very much dislike Procare

The old procare was so easy and user friendly. The new version is a nightmare, way too complicated. if you forget your password you can't use one you've previously used, you need a password just to place an email back to them, tech support a nighmare to get a hold of or get a straight answer. If i could switch to another company I would!

Pros

The fingerprinting option for logging in

Cons

Too complicated, hate procare, old version was user friendly, this version you need an IT degreee, too many passwords required (just to send an email asking for tech support quesion!) If you're gonna sell me a product this complicated there should be 24/7 tech support, we should have had a live demo/training session. Look at your form that says tell us a bit more about yourself? Isn't everyone using this product in childcare? You want me to scroll through that list to id my industry?!?!?

Hello Mindy, We were happy to connect with you and are glad your session with Michelle from Tech Support was helpful in learning how to reset your password and how to use the Batch Check In/Out function. Chasity from Client Services has scheduled training with our experts to get your whole team up and running with V10. Please know that our 5-star support team is here to help and to ensure you are enjoying the many benefits of Procare.

How did our business survive without Procare?

The biggest problem solved was everything was done by hand. The previous director entered everything into a ledger. Tuition AND payroll. I came from a center that had been using Procare all along and this center was twice the size of the previous center. I purchased Procare a few months later and life became so much easier. I've now purchased Tuition Express and again, life is good. Over 70% of my families jumped on board. Again saving time by not having to make and prepare so many deposits to the bank.

Pros

Once you learn the system, it's a breeze. However, having customer support a phone call away is necessary. Your customer support staff are awesome. They never talk to me like I should know this by now and they are very friendly! Procare has saved me hours of tedious work when it comes to gathering information for reporting to our board.

Cons

I'd like to have you tweak a few things. For instance, no one has a home phone anymore, so I have to change the designation to cell when I'm entering new families. Also, for the middle initial the old Procare system was an automatic capital letter. Small stuff, but I live for simplification. I would love a customer suggestion box so when I come across these things, I can submit it.

KC Procare review

I have enjoyed using Procare Software. It simplifies check in/check out. It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges and there are fewer errors.

Pros

Check in/check out is easy to do for each group. It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges. Parents can see what they owe every time they log in. I can send statements easily.

Cons

The home screen on the Procare checkin does not tell you to touch the box to change from check in to check out and vice versa. Some check out persons who do not use Procare frequently forget this step. We use the fingerprint option and for certain persons the reader sometimes works for those persons and sometimes does not. I would like for families that have withdrawn to be in another font or indicated somehow on the accounts column. I have not used the MyProcare portion of the program because in order to get all the information that is required by the State of Kentucky in printed form would require too many pages printed off per child so I have stuck with my condensed registration form.

Great Product and hopes for the future

Pros

The ability to grab the information from the system that I may need in 1,000 different ways has become a huge help. In addition to the ease of use for our families and management, the family accounting side of our busy has completely come together. We have never had such low balances with understanding of expectations as we have now.

Cons

The biggest challenge for us is future class expectations and tracking. With us being a daycare as well as after-school, we have children that move up in 6 month - 12 month increments depending on their birthdays. So never do we ever move one entire class to another class. There is always a shift. Their is no way in the current system to show a child in the Junior Toddler room that this same child will be in the Senior Toddler room in 3 months.

Renee - We're so glad Procare gives you the ability to grab the information you need in so many different ways. As to future class expectations, we have a new Predictive Enrollment Report that shows future enrollment and available openings based on each child's scheduled room at that point in time. You'll find it under Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Classroom Schedule > Detailed Classroom Predictive Enrollment w/ Schedule.

Procare

Procare is how my business runs! We use it for all payments, sign in and out sheets, time cards for staff, scheduling students even simple things like birthday lists. Procare is the staple in my child care.

Pros

There are tons of things you can do with this software. It is very versatile and has lots of features. The customer support is really really good. I'm sure they realize their software is difficult so it's nice to know I can call and speak to a live person who will guide me through whatever steps to help me with what I'm doing. They are always very polite and helpful.

Cons

This software is rather complicated to use! The software is for child cares and in my experience most child cares are full of people with degrees in child care and psychology! Finding a tech savvy person isn't as easy. I have tried my best to understand and take notes along the way-but I would say this software is NOT user friendly. Plus, there are times when a pop-up window comes up changing a setting and if you choose it you can never change the setting back. I learned that the hard way...

Cynthia - It's great to hear that Procare is a staple in your center and that you appreciate the versatility and features. We strive to make Procare easy to use and provide free training--along with free technical support and online learning tools. We are here to support your continued success and are always are just a phone call away!

Love it. customer service agent was most helpful this morning

The ability to manage my childcare center as well as my pre-school classes. It really simplifies the record keeping that is required for all state licensed centers and pre-school. You are able to manage the center and bill the parents for weekly tuition.

Pros

Easy to load new students. I like the ability to run more reports in a faster time. I like the break down on printing sign in sheets and roll call sheets. I really like the different choices in statements that you can offer your parents. It is very well priced for the service that you receive. The customer support staff are very helpful and eager to assist you.

Cons

Employee part. I have had new software since July and I still can't put my employees time in like I did with my older version. But no worries I have my old software still working on another computer that I use for employee time sheets. Love Love Love ProCare

Shelissa ¿ We¿re happy to hear how much you love Procare and how it simplifies your daily record keeping. There are several ways to make staff time card entries either by having employees check themselves in and out, or by using a batch screen to process time card hours for many people at once. Someone from our team will be in touch to help you find the most efficient method for your situation.

Procare a great program for busy Early Childhood Centers!

Makes my work easier and faster!

Pros

There are several things that I love about this program. 1st is the attendance tracking to see total hours of care for each child and 2nd how I can see how many children are in attendance at any given time. 3rd is the tracking for immunizations is so helpful to make sure my children are up to date. 4th is keeping up with tuition fees and how easy it is to see who owes what.

Cons

Occasionally when I am adding a family it won't let them sign in and I have to redo it. Also in the weekly report section I don't like that if someone is out they are not shown on report at all. I would rather see there name and 0 hours than not even show them on the report.

Teresa - Thank you for sharing the many ways Procare helps your center! On most attendance reports, it's true that if a child doesn't attend at all, their name would not be on the report¿but there is a report you may find useful. It shows any child who was scheduled, but did not attend. You'll find it under Reports > Standard Reports > Attendance Tracker > Not in Attendance. And, if you're still having symptoms of having to "redo" something so a family can sign in, please give our Tech Support Team a call. They'll help you solve it. Hope that helps!

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management System

I use to do manage many daily activities the old-fashioned way, by hand! I used another book-keeping software program to track invoices, but I manually input data into a desktop program. I would have to create time-sheets each week for students to sign-in/out, manually log and record meals and activities. Now I can do all of that at the touch of a button or select from a pull-down list. If there is a need that isn't offered I can submit a request and 100% of my suggestions have been added to streamline my activities even more. I couldn't be happier!

Pros

We converted our child care management system into this all-in-one program a little over a year ago and we couldn't be happier. All students, all activities, all staff, including billing are at my finger-tips! This program has cut down on my management time significantly because all features are readily available without having to navigate to another browser or program. Time-savings and thoroughness is a priority and our parents love the features of online payments and seeing 'real-time' activities their child is involved in. Another great feature is the customer service! I cannot say enough about the promptness of Kinderlime's customer service. This is very important!

Cons

I do not have any concerns at this time. We have been very satisfied.

Extremely Satisfied Customer

Before I had Procare care is was a huge task to keep abreast of all the information needed to effectively run my business. Tracking a record here and another there was too cumbersome. Procare has combine all these different records into one program that's really easy to use. This makes managing my business really easy.

Pros

Procare makes my job easier by organizing child information, tracking attendance, especially helpful for keeping children records such as shots and medical information. I am also pleased that Procare helps my company to track employee attendance and the finger print sign in has been an extremely helpful. Thank you Procare you are my life made easier.

Cons

Should provide follow up training for customers until they feel comfortable enough to be on their own.

Hi Harry, we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare Software and all of the features available to your business. We pride ourselves on our Customer Support and Training. Please reach out to our team if you and your child care center would like additional training or education on using the platform.

SuperLove KinderLime!!!

I am saving ridiculous amounts of TIME and ENERGY. Billing, attendance, employee hours, etc. is all in one place. So simple!!!

Pros

I love how there are always updates and new features!!! I've been using KinderLime since 2012 and I loved it then, but I SuperLove it now!!! So many things that make my job as a teacher, director and owner SO MUCH faster & easier. I love the intuitive of the app and website. Very simple learning curve - just download and go!!! I'm made several suggestions for improvements over the years and most of my requests have been added features shortly after, so I know they listen to their customers and care what we think!!! When another provider asks about software, I always recommend KinderLime.

Cons

So far, it doesn't track employee hours on the app, so I have to log into the computer to see if someone is approaching their hours for the week and that is not always convenient when you're making a quick decision about who to let go early.

ProCare Software

Overall ProCare helps us manage the day to day operational details.

Pros

It has a lot of options and reports to print and manage your class lists. You can print lists by bus runs, classrooms, ages. Our parents use the bio-metric system to clock children in and out. Billing is easy. We use Tuition Express to collect tuition.

Cons

Agency postings of checks is a bit challenging. Sometimes, we need a specific report and it's a bit time consuming to get the parameters to fit what we need. Internet connection goes down in the rural areas a lot and Procare depends on internet connection especially for parents clocking in/out on bio-metric system. So we have to revert to paper attendance at those times.

Lara - It's great to hear how well the reporting options, biometric check-in system, and tuition collection are working for your center! As to the internet connection, you're right it's challenging when your connection is inconsistent. One idea is to use Procare's KidReports app (which has an offline mode) to check children in. At the present time, ins and outs entered in KidReports don't sync back to Procare; however, we continue to make enhancements to the data synchronization between the two. Stay tuned!

Procare Review

We used to keep all of our client information, phone logs, visit dates and times, etc. on spreadsheets. It was impossible to run reports without a lot of manual work. It was also clumsy when we had to open a file for each client and had to try to find the information we were looking for to answer questions or to bill. When we first started out and were making modifications to fit our business, customer service was great. The training videos were invaluable.

Pros

We are not a daycare, but a supervised visitation center so we made quite a few modifications and probably don't use all the features that a daycare would. We use the family data and accounting modules to track information about our clients, children, charges, and payments. The amount of detail that we are able to keep on our clients and payments is excellent. We've used it a little less than 3 years and we can't imagine being without it.

Cons

The reports are restrictive. Even if we use Data Viewer and create our own reports, we are not always able to pull all of the data.

Assistance with billing formularies

Josh was a wonderful help to me! He was persistent to return my call several times, even though I was unavailable each time he called. He quickly assessed my needs, and provided the fix that I needed right then! It was something I needed corrected right then, and he took the time to make that happen! I appreciate Josh and his excellent customer support!

Pros

It has many capabilities and is easy to learn and maneuver.

Cons

The reporting methods. I would like to be able to perform functions to multiple files at the same time, not having to enter each individual to make changes. I would like to be able to print reports from the filtering that I do on screen and print that information. Not have to exit and find and create a report to print what I was just viewing. I would also like to have multiple windows open at the same time. Many times I am in a file, and have to jump out to enter another, or stop the function I am performing to handle something else.

Stacey ¿ We¿re happy to hear our Support Team was able to quickly provide the answers you needed. Thank you for your ideas on ways to handle tasks more efficiently. We constantly strive to simplify the management side of child care and appreciate your feedback.

ProCare Review

Procare has been the best thing we have purchased in 20 years! Leaving the payments to the customer to do is the easiest thing ever! Billing with auto billing is so easy and simple.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic but you don't need a lot of it because it is so easy to maneuver around in the system.

Cons

Buying each section separately is always the least. I prefer to get it all in one and pay 1 time per year.

Procare makes my job easier

I have used Procare for just over 5 years and I absolutely love it. It is easy to use and when there is an update, I find something new I didn't realize I needed until I used it. The customer service and the online tutorials are fantastic.

Pros

I have often called it "daycare for dummies" software when training a new user. The use of a graphic picture to do simple, repetitive tasks such as checking the time clock, or adding immunizations or physicals, or finding contact information for an authorized pickup person, makes it so simple to learn.

Cons

There are sometimes reports I would like to print that I can't find. For example, for our pool passes, I needed to have a list of all children's names, date of birth, parent' names, addresses and contact phone numbers. I couldn't find one report that would easily print this information for me. I either got the parent info, or the child info, but never a combination of everything I needed. It would be nice to customize what info we want to pull for the report. I'm sure each center has different kinds of data they need to gather for different reasons.

Drop-In only centers

My experience has been good. The technical support is helpful and my sales rep is always willing to guide me in the right direction. My only concerns have been the lack of customization for drop-in only facilities. Feel free to contact me to discuss more! Lindsay Jones, The PlaySpace.

Pros

It is easy to use and to teach to new staff. Tuition express has great features.

Cons

There is VERY little ability to customize for drop-in only facilities. There are so many features that a drop-in only facility does not need and there are lot of things that a drop-in only facility could use and there is no way to customize certain reports, function billing and it leaves room for human error, requiring LOTS of auditing which is time and money. I have requested this several times and I get very little assistance. As someone who is considering franchising, this is not a good long term solution for ANY drop-in only facility. There are few software companies that can help a drop-in only facility and I would LOVE to be able to have someone who can customize a few major features so I could recommend to all my other drop-in only facilities.

Kinderlime is easy to use!

Pros

We enjoy how easy the program is to use. We have several seasoned teachers who are not as familiar with technology, and they were apprehensive about using the app at first. However, they find the app easy to use which made the transition into every day use of the app a breeze.

Cons

It would be nice to see a reminder for feedings/ diapers that can be seen when you look at a classroom overview. This helps teachers plan feedings, so that if four infants need a bottle around the same time, they can plan accordingly. This is something other software has that is beneficial when working in a classroom. Would also like to see an optional drop down menu that we can create for billing, so when we have several checks come in, we do not have to keep typing the same thing each time.

Solid Database, Needs some modern update

I have used procare as our main database for around 6 years and overall it has done a good job meeting our needs. The up front costs for the modules can be a bit steep, but this is matched by more reasonable monthly hosting costs, making it cheaper overall than many competitors who bill per child. If I was starting from scratch I may chose a more modern software suite with more mobility, but having invested in procare I do not think there is any need to switch any time soon.

Pros

The database is easy to navigate and puts all the information we need in easy to find places. Billing is simple and very customizable. Payment processing is quick, easy, and reasonably priced. The reports are easy to run and they get me the information I need in a fairly concise way.

Cons

The software is 100% desktop only. There is no real mobile app and even the check in/out software requires a full copy of windows, I can't run it on android tablets. There is a web based app to review certain things but it is clumsy to access and the reports are limited. I am hoping they will release a proper fully functional IOS/android app to match their many competitors.

Procare review

Pros

Is is nice that we can track the kids and our billing all in one.

Cons

Went entering info on children of the same family. you have the repeat the same information so many time, It is time consuming when you have families with 3 children you have to do the same entries several times. The wait time to talk to costumer service is always too long.

I can't imagine running my daycare without Kinderlime!

I love this program. I use Kinderlime, not only to communicate well with parents, but also to keep track of everything required by the state to be a licensed daycare!

Pros

I really like how easy I can file family information and keep records that are required for daycare licensing.

Cons

Sometimes it is tough to adapt to the updates. However, it's been worth it when I figure the updates out.