All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

AvidXchange Reviews

Pros

I've been using AVID for a few years and it definitely helps me save time. It is pretty easy to use and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

Mark S.

Read the full review
The software is easy to use and the support is top notch. Once the workflows are setup invoices move seamlessly through the approval process.

Marc N.

Read the full review
We like the ease of having everyone be able to review the invoice from the convenience of their desk as well as the time it has saved us.

Taylor W.

Kylee L.

Read the full review
Indexers can make mistakes on basic invoice header data, but this is very rare.

Josh C.

Amanda G.

4.5

Awesome for invoice tracking and AP

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, great customer service. Quick and easy to learn.

Cons

Indexers. Invisible trolls that come with the software who go in, pull the invoices and assign them where they want, so there may be invoices in random queues that are paid late, unless you check the random queues often.

Simplify Your AP Process

Overall, AvidXchange has saved our company a lot of time. When I first started, I would have employees from different departments coming into my office and handing me invoices. This was not only hard to keep track of, but the invoice would need to be uploaded into the system by me (only one person reviewing header details), I would need to scan the invoice if I wanted a PDF to be attached to the NetSuite...

Pros

- AvidXchange has indexers who automatically enter the basic invoice/bill data, then send it into the proper workflow to be reviewed, approved and paid. - Customer Service is phenomenal. I have never had to wait more than 12 hours for a reply. If a check is lost in the mail, Avid will immediately void and re-issue a new check to your supplier. - A/P workflows provide a seamless and efficient way for a bill to be reviewed and approved from the right department. It allows for flexibility and completely removes the need for physical copies of invoices. - Reduces paper. - Our company uses AvidXchange with NetSuite, and we love the fact that invoices are automatically tied in to the NetSuite bills. Easy way to find a document during audits. - Overall worth every penny.

Cons

- Unable to make changes to supplier preferences for your supplier. Instead, you will need to have your supplier reach out to Avid and have them select any payment options, etc.. This isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I wish we could make changes for our customer since they aren't the ones using the software. Other changes can be made by the user, such as address changes, company name changes, etc.. This mostly refers to how a supplier would like to receive payment through AvidPay. - Indexers can make mistakes on basic invoice header data, but this is very rare.

Avoid at All Costs

Pros

There is not much we liked about using this software. The pricing is incredibly high when used with multiple bank accounts. We used the software to manage invoices for condo associations and if you are a property manager, we would highly recommend using Appfolio instead. The user interface is better and there is no charge for bank accounts or for invoice uploads. Plus the cost per invoice is much better in Appfolio.

Cons

The customer support is fairly slow and makes it really hard to solve issues that come up. It's not uncommon for a customer support ticket to remain open for weeks and to need to follow up multiple times. The straw that broke the camels back for us was when we transitioned out, we staying the software for a few days of the next month. The company would not prorate our bill even though we did not use the system in the final month. Bad customer service until the very end.

Avid has saved our company so much time

Overall it has had its flaws, but is worth the time that it saves us daily.

Pros

Cons

The thing I like the least is having to set up a new property there are several steps and often times the company doesn't execute everything on there end in order for things to be added smoothly.

I have been using Avid for about 4 years to review and approve various departmental invoices.

Pros

I like that it is easy to find invoices already in the system. I can search by vendor name or invoice number and the invoice and it's history will be retrieved right away.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that once the invoice has been approved and batched to be paid on a certain date, there really is no way for you to know if the check has been cut or sent until the accounts payable department manually updates each invoice with it's check image and number. Wish there was a way for it to be automatically added to Avid and where you can check on the status right away.

Thank you for the review! Great to see that we're helping your AP process be more efficient. I would love to learn more about the challenges you're having with check payments so we can make sure our product team is aware. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Invoices and payments made easy!

Getting check requests processed has never been easier! AvidXchange has made invoice approval processes and workflows so much more efficient and environmentally friendly. Because everything is automated through the software, we have been able to better track and approve our invoices. We would sometimes have invoices lost in the processing phases when we did everything through fax and on paper. Now, because our workflows are streamlined within the software, we have all of that invoice data at our fingertips.

Pros

AvidXchange is one of the easiest software platforms I have ever had to learn when it comes to invoicing and payments. Though I am just a user and not an administrator, I do have to send in a lot of check requests and payment requests for our customers and the charities we support. AvidXchange has streamlined this process and eliminated a lot of faxing and paper waste that we once had with our company.

Cons

As a user, I do not have a single complaint with this software. Its incredible functionality makes it great for even the most inexperienced of users. Our entire Marketing team has raved about how easy it is to send invoices and have them processed for review.

Very helpful and seemed like the most efficient and provided the most ways to obtain info.

Efficiency, workflow and fraud control, reduced data entry, centralized invoice processing and accuracy.

Pros

Customer service, efficiency, data retainage, ease of finding invoices for vendors and auditors, fraud protection and frequent updates to correct any bugs that are found in the system.

Cons

That utility cutoff notices are placed in the statement queue and that you are not able to look up avengers invoice by the account number.

Hi Tonya, Thanks for the great review! I will pass on your feedback to our Utility team. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me personally: billking@avidxchange.com Thanks again!

Avid Xchange

So easy to use; love being able to send comments through invoices and everything is well documented - great for audits

Pros

Covers all bases and completely paperless

Cons

No cons at all as long as you are using a supported browser

Avid through KeyBank

We have had Avid for a little over a year now and are steadily increasing the invoices that we are sending through the program. Due to our business we cannot currently send all of our invoices through the system. They did a great job of working through our problems at the beginning with respect to uploading and downloading data to and from QuickBooks. Great implementation team and customer service who respond quickly to problems.

Pros

The single platform that allows us to process and pay invoices with one login

Cons

Had functional flow issues when logging on that have since implementation been fixed.

Good Program

Pros

Cons

It's been awhile since I set it up, but I remember it was quite a bit of work to get things going. However that is pretty true of most software when getting started.

An Efficient Invoicing Tool

Avid has been a solid tool for my company to make purchase orders and pay invoices.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and I really like the comment feature that allows you to easily communicate with the next approvers in the workflow. This communication feature is especially helpful when you are working with people in other offices. The Avid processors are efficient at extracting data from invoices when they are sent in which saves data entry time.

Cons

Setup and implementation took longer than we would have liked and I personally don't like the interface that much. In addition I've experienced many times when the file was too large (above 5 MB?) for Avid to upload which was frustrating because expense reports often are large files.

AvidXchange helps us get our vendors paid quickly

Pros

I really appreciate the fact that there is no longer paper invoices floating around the office & potentially getting lost on someone's desk.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an easy way to import from a .csv file.

Our search for AP Automation was quickly over when we found AvidXchange!

We were left in a situation where our AP employee left the company and we had a decision to make. Do we hire someone new and hope they understand the process and train them to take this over? Or do we automate this process? For us and a company our size it made sense to automate the system as much as possible. Especially considering how cheap it is with AvidXchange per payment and the "by invoice volume" pricing they have.

Pros

The ability to control every condition, trigger, and step of workflow automation was a huge plus for us. Also knowing that AvidXchange was responsible for the payment to our customers based on automation helped us ease into the fact that we no longer have someone in-house doing this for us. Our AP process completely changed but it was certainly for the better!

Cons

AvidXchange coulnd't connect via API or 3rd party integration to our ERP system but we quickly worked around that and the solution in place is fantastic

Avid Exchange has completely streamlined our AP process.

Improved AP workflow, all automated and no more paper!

Pros

Cons

My only gripe would be on the Avid Pay module. Would love to see them offer for payments to be paid via ACH rather than just virtual card or check.

Manage Your Complex Accounts Payable Processes

Overall, AvidXchange has been invaluable to our AP business processes. It integrates with our MRI property management software, as well as Quickbooks, and provides a multi-layered and visible approach to our invoice submission, approval and payment processes.

Pros

Love the ability to search by multiple criteria, including invoice #, vendor name, entity, etc., as well as the ability to view images of the actual invoices themselves. You can also email other people from within Avid to get questions answered regarding an invoice and track those conversations in real time.

Cons

AvidXchange recently changed its UI, and not for the better. For one, when searching for invoices by vendor, Avid always loads results in order from oldest date to newest date which doesn't make much sense. As far as we know, there is no way to change that default. Additionally, the process for selecting multiple values in a search result (i.e. invoices for multiple entities by vendor) is very non-intuitive, as you used to be able to see what specific values were selected after having done so, rather than just seeing a quantity selected. It's a small detail, but very annoying.

We use AvidXchange for invoice processing and purchase orders.

Pros

We love how AvidXchange automates invoice processing and saves us a lot of manual work hours. It is relatively easy to maintain, customer service has been great, and has been a win for our organization.

Cons

The purchase order system is not an exact fit for how we wanted to use it but I think that's more a factor of how our organization is set up, not a sleight against AvidXchange.

Good Accounting Tool

I was skeptical at first about changing to this software but once I learned the system and all the available features, I found it to be very easy to use and the reporting out of the system was very user friendly.

Pros

It is easy to enter information into the system and edits are very easy to do. The reporting out of the system was also a marked improvement over our previous software.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to talk about. It was so much of an improvement over our previous system.

Avidxchangem (Exchange stress for success)

My overall experience with AdvidXchange had increase my knowledge of payment systems and made the office more efficient. It's a great tool and it has helped immensely to keep the vendors satisfied.

Pros

What I like most about Avidxchange is once you submit the documents its done. Payments are made in a timely manner and you can review payments that have cleared. It enhances the account payable and receivable processing because with more checks and balances and less paper.

Cons

There is not thing that I don't like about this software. Once you are at ease with all of the features, it because a great resource tool.

Slow moving AP system

Unless they change their processes significantly, it would be hard for me to recommend or go back to them. We no longer use their solution because of all of the issues we've had.

Pros

Using the software was easy enough to get by, but was lacking in many areas.

Cons

Avid had a work around on working with Sage Intacct that was difficult and would often mess up. It would take anywhere from 3-5 weeks for our vendors to receive payment once the total approval and Sage Intacct processes were completed. If a check was lost or went missing, you would have to call or send an email to request a stop payment. It would often take up to a week to receive a response that they were completing the stop payment, and when a check is lost you want the payment stopped immediately. It was very hard to get someone to actually respond to you. We had more problems then solutions with the software.

We use avid to track ap invoices and cut payments to vendors.

Pros

Super intuitive system. Easy to learn and the functionality is great. I have not had any contact with customer support because it is easy to use.

Cons

We had a couple of glitches in the implementation of the software that support has a hard time fixing because of the sheer amount we were putting into the system.

Hi Tommy - Thanks for leaving such a nice review! Glad that you're loving the simplicity. If you have a few minutes to spare, would you be so kind and email me a few details about the implementation issues that you are experiencing? We're always trying to get better, so would love to hear from you. i can be reached directly billking [at] avidxchange.com. Thanks a bunch!

AP Automation

Pros

There are so many powerful features of AvidXChange. It is important to first note that this tool is 50% software, 50% service. I love the fact that you don't have to even receive AP invoices to your office. They can be sent to Avid's location to a PO Box reserved just for your company. This allows users to simply open up their Avid Portal (or accounting system if integrated) and see their invoices, code them, approve them and pay them. Next, Avid Pay allows authorized users to approve a pay invoices. The Avid Pay allows vendors to be paid in a the format they want to be (check, ACH, or virtual card). Avid works on this with your vendors, so you just have to focus on running your business.

Cons

I'd like to be able to process international payments through Avid, but for now this tool already provides great efficiencies in a business.

Easy to Use AP Processing Software

This saves us time and money every week.

Pros

This has been a time and money saver for me. Able to have invoices uploaded directly to the portal, and approve and have Avid pay the items on our behalf. No longer need to worry about doing costly and timely check runs every week.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time for how we use the software.

We use Avid for invoice processing.

Pros

The ability for volunteers and staff members have access to submit reimbursement requests is very helpful. Vendors also send their invoices to AvidXchange and the Avid processors extract the data from the invoices and reimbursement requests. Very helpful for our company.

Cons

I feel sometimes the processors are in a hurry and mistype a vendor name or a campus location which creates an error on our end that we have to correct.

AvidxChange Review

I have had a great overall experience and have recommended it to many others.

Pros

It makes coding invoices and processing checks seamless. It avoids the uncertainty of the USPS and invoices that are sent in the mail being lost

Cons

The system at times can not be the most user friendly. It would be helpful for the interface to be updated

I submit reimbursement requests through Avid as a volunteer of Elevation Church.

Pros

I love the ability to submit reimbursement electronically and that when a request is submitted correctly, I receive a confirmation email to know that it was accepted.

Cons

I wish Avid had the ability to accept requests in .jpg format instead of just PDF but it is not a huge issue.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.