Zoho Expense Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

We our very happy with our decision to implement Zoho. The pricing model is great for a small business and the setup is quick and easy.

CJ

Cory J.

It is a nice app and have options to do more with this. I will suggest to work on feedback taken from users and implement the best possible option.

AS

Abhishek S.

Zoho expense help us track our expenses and easy to use get it as report help. User friendly and price is I like most.

MC

Molly C.

Sometimes it refuses to take the name of the merchant, rewriting it incorrectly. That can be a bit frustrating but its only happened once.

DL

Denise L.

Support service is a problem. Timely response for the queries/issue is missing.

AK

Anagha K.

I hated having to take photos with my phone, then email them to myself, then download and upload. Using an app would have been less time consuming.

Zoho Expense users...

Quickbooks Online

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
+ 1

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate Zoho Expense?

CB

Carl B.

Church Administrator

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Just what we needed

Transcript

Carl B: My name is Carl. I work in the nonprofit sector. I'm a church administrator. We use Zoho Expense,...

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Puran. I'm a co-founder I give Zoho expense five out of five, to find more reviews...

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

In overall I just love the Zoho Expense, now I'm able to record my monthly expenses for a company and can mark them reimbursement item that means once approved I will get reimbursed for that expense from a company which is not only helping me but also helping the company in smoothing the whole process of monitoring the expenses and providing reimbursements.

Pros

I have started using Zoho Books initially and gradually I explored other Zoho products as well. In a few days, I got to know about the Zoho Expense and I was like this is the tool I need. It makes my life really easy by offering the easiest way to record my expenses for the company and other employees as well. Once the expenses are recorded in the Zoho Expense, it will directly be shown in the Zoho Books. I just love this feature.

Cons

Well, there are no cons I have noticed but for the unfamiliar person, it might be a little tricky at initial to learn and to use it. But, believe me, the Zoho team will provide any required support to make sure you are having a good experience with their services/tools.

It Just Works!

I have a mantra, Simplicity, Clarity & Confidence. Zoho Expense is Simple and easy to learn and use. It provides Clarity on how their system works and all the tools which gives me confidence that, that this one area of our business I do not need to spend too much time or worry about it getting the job done.

Pros

We had previously used Expensify (Ramp) and it worked well I thought until I tried Zoho Expense. It is more user-friendly and consistent in operation. We spend so little time putting together and processing expense reports now that this area of responsibility is an afterthought. I love it because it just works, and it is simple. On top of that Zoho does not send you political emails and social...

Cons

At this point, it is hitting all the areas in an easy and effective way.

Zoho expenses had the ability to be something great but didn't fit my exact needs

Pros

I could see all the potential Zoho expenses had with the ability to integrate with all the other Zoho products and services they provide. Unfortunately that did not help in my situation and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this software work for me in the future but I will continue to try

Cons

The big con for me is not being able to integrate with many third-party applications or services. They want you to stay inside these Zoho infrastructure of course to make more money but that affects me cuz I have to make so many changes on my end for that to work.

I love how friendly it is Zoho to new users

There are several positive aspects to this program. Although it is well-designed, some of the functionality is still not entirely functional. I appreciate the user-friendly design and the ease with which expenses can be submitted. The bespoke procedures for approval make it simple to route costs for secondary approvals depending on their monetary worth, saving time and money.

Pros

The pricing of the program is attractive to me because it is competitively priced in comparison to its competitors. I do a lot more for my company now, which is why I switched to a different software package. I feel that this program will be beneficial to someone who is just getting started. The program is incredibly simple to use and has proven to be really beneficial in keeping me organized with my company expenses as well as in keeping me on track with my tax preparation.

Cons

Overall, this is an excellent tool. At first sight, the supplementary papers that are connected to the reports may be disregarded, although this is not a serious cause for concern.

Seems to be Just What We Need

I definitely like Zoho expense better than QuickBooks. I will continue using this product and look forward to streamlining it with my Zoho books, email, and any other programs that we decide to utilize. Seems like a great solution for our small business.

Pros

I have only used this on a trial basis so far but it's exactly we need - something better than an Excel worksheet and cheaper that QuickBooks. It has allowed us to manage company expenses and I think it will be a great solution once we purchase and integrate it into our systems.

Cons

Using Zoho can be a little confusing at first - nothing major - but the Zoho email program is asking me to verify my email (required to approve some expenses) - which is a Zoho email - and the way that the systems work together is a little confusing - but I am confident that with a couple of tutorials or if I schedule a session with a Zoho rep to walk me through - that I will get the hang of it and enjoy using this product for our small company.

A unique system for documenting, following up and auditing expenses accurately

By utilizing Zoho Expense, we ensure that all expenses are documented correctly and that no receipts are lost. This ensures that approvals are obtained directly and payments are paid on time. With Zoho Expense, we can monitor exchange activities, produce statistics, and spot unneeded or exaggerated spending, ensuring budgets aren't exceeded.

Pros

I enjoy how easy Zoho Expense is to use and the clarity of all the tools on the fantastic user interface. I particularly like that I can simply scan proof of expenses documents and invoices, and that Zoho Expense dumps data from them immediately and saves a duplicate of the document original. I love how spending are segregated and categorized, taxes and fees are computed separately, all in one report, making audits and approvals quick. The notification system tells you of revisions to your submitted reports or accounting department enquiries, allowing you to respond directly and avoid delays in receiving payments.

Cons

Overall Zoho Expense is easy to use and doesn't have a lot of dislikes. I only face a problem when loading receipts and unloading data from them, where the user has to make sure that all the data has been recorded correctly, and sometimes we may need to manually modify it before sending, which can result in errors and mismatches between the receipt and the numbers in the reports.

So good that I purchased a family subscription.

This software has helped so much for work that I contacted Zoho to see if I could get a separate personal account. They said that it was no problem and now I can easily switch between work and personal expenses. This has made personal accounting SOOOOO much easier and there are fewer receipts laying around my house. Wonderful product, and fantastic customer support.

Pros

I love the ease in which I can take receipts and get them uploaded into a receipt management system. This has saved me HOURS of time working on my monthly expense reports and has saved me an enormous amount of money. One of our engineers was able to integrate Zoho with our project management software (Clio) so that the submitted expense reports immediately get uploaded to the appropriate project for billing.

Cons

There does not seem to be a way to set/edit the date span on a report once it has been set up. I have several "overdue" reports that need to be submitted because I created them a month in advance and the system thinks that it is now past due. Easy for the Zoho team to fix, if I get around to reporting the bug.

Awesome expense business tool

Pros

The fact that you can upload your expenses right after you have purchased something for the company is amazing. It keeps track of your expenses and you don't have to collect receipts and do all the work at the end of the week.

Cons

I would like to suggest that the integration could go a bit further with ZOHO Books. Would be great if you could see the expenses in ZOHO Books and you can approve them as well. Furthermore, I think it would be good if you could add accounting codes in ZOHO Expense as well.

Too Many Feature Too Less Cost for Expense tool in market

It has been delightful and great.

Pros

Very easy to configure and use for budget and expense.

Cons

Software is stand alone and do well to get integrated other office software.

International Travel

Has saved me a lot of time managing receipts on the move with simple report creation.

Pros

As I am constantly travelling internationally, the mobile apps' multi-currency - including OCR recognition is good. Appreciate the customisations for multi-project and expense categories.

Cons

Limited templates and customization for the PDF report making. Would recommend a report template organized by project and/or customer.

Zoho Expense is the uncomplicated winner in this category!

Overall, my experience with Zoho Expense has been great. I see no reason to switch to any other service. This app offer everything I was looking for and more.

Pros

I love how simple and focused this app is. I don't need a million options, just something that makes it easy to keep track of and submit expenses. Zoho Expense does all of that an more at a very reasonable price.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be improved in this app is the database of merchants in the United States could be more comprehensive. Not a big issue, but maybe something that could be updated.

Zoho Expense is the Solution to Your Problem for staying on top of Your Expenses

Originally, about 2 years ago, I was using QuickBooks for my business and Zoho for CRM, Meetings and other. I did not realize that Zoho offered an Expense product. I really enjoyed my initial experience with Expense and immediatly migrated my database to Zoho. I was actually taking QuickBooks training sessions (at $85 a pop) with our Austin SCORE branch. Zoho has a very rich knowledgebase of trainging on their entire suite. Zoho has posted dozens of training videos on YouTube of which I have personally viewed around 30 of them I believe. I created a favorites folder and tag the Zoho videos for that reason. I have personally never had to call their support-if there is something I am usure of, the YouTube/Zoho combo solves any questions I may have.

Pros

All of the basic user GUI tools and features work flawlessly. I have never once had one of those SalesFarce moments where it took me 3 weeks to figure out the issue why new phone could not capture receipt images and other similar experiences that my associates have had. Really, understanding the operation and navigation was suprisingly intuitive. I really enjoy the aethetics; and compared to the bowl of spaghetti GUI with QuickBooks, I have never found myself in a situation where I obligated to seek out and pay for additional training because I was completely lost. The only people critical of Zoho products are those working for cometitors and folks who have never used any of the products.

Cons

In the past, many products including Expense could be a little light on features and more challenging in large, multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-user implementations. But honestly, think about SalesFarce and another three-dozen or more competitors in that space and find one that is an "everything for everyone" product - they dont exist. Zoho seems to be commited and persistent and building out the feature-set in the entire product suite.

A very nice product

Everything has been satisfactory. At times support can be a bit difficult to work with, but people are busy - I get that.

Pros

It was quite simple to setup the system. I was rushed through the process due to the fact that our old solution was being sunset, but the ease of use helped in the transition. Users found it easy enough to pick up and use without extensive training sessions.

Cons

It does what we need it to do. The app isn't exactly user friendly for submitting. Good for taking photos of receipts but beyond that not useful.

Hi Robb, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear that it was simple to set up and easy to use. We understand the mobile app isn't easy to use for submitting expense reports and will try enhancing the same. If you have any further feedback or queries, do reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Very well done application!!

Reporting for government tax agencies. CRA in Canada is getting very aggressive about checking out the small business expenses and eliminating them. ZOHO provides an easy to see, email ready reporting system to the CRA. We will soon be ready in another area of financial reporting. ZOHO expense has easy receipt capture as well as robust reporting that captures all the areas of receipt information. Very pleased with it.

Pros

When our company President brought me ZOHO's website link and asked me to look into it, I was impressed with the website and the number of different applications that ZOHO had. Sam wanted me to look into ZOHO expense as a necessary reporting tool that the previous owners had not utilized. I used the chat feature to help me set it up and our Comptroller brought in the feed from the bank credit...

Cons

We did have difficulty with our bank feed and are working that out but support was again very helpful with set up and we should have the correct feed done quite quickly. Sam wants the ability to match receipts and credit card feed to make his life easier and eliminate one more job for our very busy Comptroller.

Zoho vs competition

Time savings for our employees and back office !

Pros

Zoho was a natural choice for companies using Quickbooks. Expenses are easy to download into Quickbooks as a Bill. When it comes time to pay the credit card statement it's all ready to go !

Cons

It would be nice if you could batch a weeks worth of food per diems into one entry rather than for each day.

Hi Steve, Thank you for reviewing Zoho Expense and sharing your feedback. We're glad to know that you find Zoho Expense to be a natural choice for companies using Quickbooks. We understand you would like it if multiple per diem expenses for different dates could be batched into a single entry. Currently, that would not be possible since a single entry is not possible for multiple dates. Sorry about that. If you have any further queries or suggestions, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

User-Friendly and Intuitive

Zoho provides us with a good tool for categorizing and approving credit-card and reimbursement transactions.

Pros

The software has been adopted well by our users, who say that they find it easy to use.

Cons

The export function creates a file that has formatting that is incompatible with our existing ERP solution. Also, while expenses can be split among multiple categories, they cannot be split among multiple departments and funds.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're happy to know that you find the application user-friendly and intuitive. With regard to the export function, kindly reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can understand your requirements better and assist you with developing a custom solution if required. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense saves me time!

We have saved so much time in our office by putting the work of expense data entry on our employees who are purchasing/buying. Though the system isn't perfect for the way we use the "Items" tab of entering material costs in QuickBooks Desktop (it syncs every expense to the "Expenses" tab), it is still increased efficiency here.

Pros

We love the autoscan feature! Take a photo of your receipt, and it creates the expense, including Merchant and Cost. Even more, we love the Email Receipt Forwarding feature! No need to print any email receipts or invoices! And the support team at Zoho Expense is fantastic! They respond quickly, work to answer our questions thoroughly, and are committed to resolving any glitches and improving their product.

Cons

We needed some time to learn how to use Zoho Expense and to tweak it for best processes. We encountered some software glitches, and always received great assistance from the support team. I wish the system recognized variations within Merchant names (eg Smith & Jones is the same as Smith and Jones), instead of having to work around.

Hi Christine, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear how you love the Autoscan capabilities as well as how our team has been able to assist you with the product. I have also passed on your feedback about improving merchant recognition in the application. Feel free to reach out again to us if you ever require any assistance. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expxense

Perfect for beginners to advanced users

I really liked it but the features could work better. For example the invoices look mint and the editor is great but editing line options on the invoice was difficult to find. I thought that when doing each invoice it may be an idea to either show your input into it in real time or allow you to edit the template with your input in real time. I would prefer inputting directly into the invoice template than the system back end.

Pros

I like the access to various apps that support each other and fully integrate

Cons

You have to learn a lot of it yourself and it can be time consuming to setup.

Great for documenting, tracking and approving employee corp card charges or reimbursable expenses

Pros

Zoho Expense is easy to use. It allows receipts to be entered via drag and drop, via email, or by taking a photo in the mobile app. It has optical character recognition to complete expense information. There are both default and customizable fields that can be used for tracking/ coding expenses. User roles include both submitters and approvers and approvers can be assigned to specific submitters.

Cons

Would be helpful if some of the functionality available by splitting an expense were incorporated into the itemization feature. The itemization feature allows the expense to be coded to different categories of expense but not to a different project or client. To associate an expense to multiple clients or projects, it has to be "split" which really creates 2 separate expenses that are associated with each other. I would prefer the expense still be a single expense just itemized to different clients/ projects.

Zoho Expense has increased productivity, quality, and accuracy for our business

Our expense reports are easier to analyze and we have been able to put a new travel policy in place thanks to the ease of function and intel it has given our company.

Pros

The reminders are vital when you are juggling 100's invoices and then additional travel. It helps us evaluate the time spent on traveling and to schedule trips in the most cost-effective manner both for our company and our clients. It provides ease of communication between staff members and allows issues to be resolved quickly. The integration with Quickbooks is an added bonus.

Cons

I do not currently have any complaints about the software and have had a similarly great experience with a number of Zoho products.

Good Value for Money

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Hi Shakeel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense is Awesome!

Our overall experience has been great! We would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love how organized Zoho Expense keeps our company spending. It also integrates with our accounting software, Zoho Books which helps keep all of our expenses in sync.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to figure out as a beginner. We also had issues with connecting Zoho expense with our Zoho Books.

Zoho is an easy to use, expense management system with great UI and customizations

Zoho is easy to use, setup and configure. It makes invoice processing much faster, and is a huge upgrade from the paper forms we were using.

Pros

Zoho expense is a wonderful product. It does everything you expect of an expense management software. It's simple to use, easy to setup, and the API and documentation is top notch. There are many ways to customize it to do exactly what you want. Furthermore, it does everything other expense management software does at half the cost!

Cons

Unfortunately, they use actual humans to do the "auto scan" which is a privacy concern. Furthermore, we couldn't itemize taxes, but we found a workaround for that.

Excellent tool

excellent,

Pros

easy use, integration with other apps, integration with uber and zoho

Cons

nothing, i think that is a good tool in the business

Hi Andres, Thank you for reviewing Zoho Expense. We're so glad to hear that you find the application excellent and easy to use. Kindly reach out to support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further feedback or queries. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense

It does a great job especially when you factor in the cost as compared to other solutions.

Pros

This software has been working great for our company. Sure there are a ton of other solutions out there, but when you compare the cost to what you actually get we feel the Zoho Expense is the right solution for Thymly.

Cons

The only thing we have notice is that it lacks in scanning the receipt and auto entering information as compared to Expensify.