Zoho Expense Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

We love how easy the software is to use - both as an admin and as a user. I had to reach out a couple of times to support with a question and customer support response time was fantastic.

Catherine S.

Read the full review
The Optical Character Recognition is soooo good that I'm convinced there has to be a team of human "last pass" checkers helping the OCR to accurately populate all fields.

Jorge S.

Read the full review
What I like best about Zoho Expense is that is is very intuitive and affordable. Having accessibility to this software has been a huge asset to my small business.

Read the full review

Cons

Moreover, the accounts team can breathe easy now because there is no more risk of duplication or missing receipts.

Read the full review
The software has helped to cut down on adhoc financial requests which sometimes disrupt the cashflow.

Wellington N.

Read the full review
The interfaces for each product is different and it is confusing at times.

Martin A.

Just what we needed

Another excellent software of the company Zoho that facilitates operability at work.

The expenses of our company are in order thanks to Zoho Expense, it even allows us to make a more thorough and adequate planning to our financial reality as a company. Records of payments, invoices, operating expenses, spending relationships and reports, are many of the benefits offered by Zoho Expense.

Pros

In my company it is very important to keep control of expenses, not only of what the company generates, but the administrative expense for each of the processes and documents made by the different departments. Based on this I can list certain positive characteristics of Zoho Expense: -It is incredible how intuitive software can be. When generating an invoice or a payment receipt, you can take a picture with our mobile device and the software automatically schedules it. - Not only schedules the expenses but also allows to make very complete reports of the average expenses according to the average time range that we indicate to the software

Cons

Actually this program has brought many solutions to our work environment, enhancing our administration thanks to a better management of economic resources. Of moments I do not have any type of complaint about this software

A very nice product

Everything has been satisfactory. At times support can be a bit difficult to work with, but people are busy - I get that.

Pros

It was quite simple to setup the system. I was rushed through the process due to the fact that our old solution was being sunset, but the ease of use helped in the transition. Users found it easy enough to pick up and use without extensive training sessions.

Cons

It does what we need it to do. The app isn't exactly user friendly for submitting. Good for taking photos of receipts but beyond that not useful.

Hi Robb, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear that it was simple to set up and easy to use. We understand the mobile app isn't easy to use for submitting expense reports and will try enhancing the same. If you have any further feedback or queries, do reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Great Potential, Poor Execution & Customization

Overall I have not been pleased. Customer service is very nice but incomplete in their responses and you don't realize it until something occurs and you lose weeks worth of work. They punt to other Zoho teams a lot for helping you. And you cannot speak with anyone in the US. I would not normally have a problem with this, but they don't seem to understand that as the administrator of the account, I pay the bill and should be able to access the account of employees who no longer work for us.

Pros

This software has been relatively easy for our team to use in the field to record expenses. I would say that the ability to snap a picture of receipts and auto-recognize the vendor and amount is good. And the reconciliation process with credit card statements is great.

Cons

Too many problem to list here. The biggest problem I have is that as the administrator, I do not have complete control over all our user accounts. Our employees are truck drivers out on the road. They occassionally miss a receipt and I have to follow up later. But I can't just get the receipt and upload it. I must reject their report and they must re-submit. We've had employees who were terminated...

Where have you been all of my (business) life?

Pros

What I like most about Zoho Expense is that it has transformed my expense handling for my multi-office business by making it more efficient to process AND by treating our employees better. It's a win-win all around. I also love that we can handle our per diems through the system as that has always been a challenge in my company.

Cons

So far, I have not found any areas that I would say are "missing" for us.

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your experience. We're glad to hear that Zoho Expense has transformed the expense reporting process for you and your employees. If you have any queries or assistance required, do feel free to write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Wonderful and Cost effective

Wonderful. The customer support are reasy to work with. I was able to get started on my own really quick and was able to implement the expense module pretty quick.

Pros

Affordability, has all the functions I need to record, reimburse expenses. Good reporting.

Cons

I love Zoho expenses but the reporting feature for parent/child category works well only if yuo also use zoho books and see it under general ledger. Since we are also getting zoho books for our accounting needs its not a problem. I'd ask the developers to give the general ledger type of recording for the expense module also.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to know you love the application and that it meets most of your requirements. We have raised a feature request with our team for generating reports for the parent categories and will keep you updated on the same. Regards, Yohvan Zoho Expense

New user - so far so good

working well overall in the initial process, will be in process of connecting for set up support

Pros

ease of use, ability to customize, overall comparable cost, integrates with our other apps

Cons

navigating delegate feature still bumpy, need to contact support for help with initial set up still

Hi Jessica, Thank you or taking the time to review Zoho Expense and sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you find the application easy to use, customizable and that it integrates with your other apps. Do feel free to reach out to us for any assistance required with setting up your account or if you have any queries. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Efficient and Supports my Small Company

We were seeking to find a more efficient way of doing reimbursements within our company so finding Zoho Expense with its decent response time from its customer service team as well as its informative videos were very helpful in me transitioning from our old paper process to the Zoho Expense process.

Pros

I appreciate how it is easy to customize the platform to fit the needs of my company.

Cons

I like how we can email our receipts to a unique email that correlated with our Zoho Expense account, however that unique email is very long.

Easy to use and feature rich!

Pros

Zoho Expense is very easy to learn, implement, and start using right out of the box!

Cons

I wish Merchants could automatically sync with vendors in QuickBooks. We currently have work-arounds for this, but an auto-sync would be far easier.

Great app for business travel

Looking forward to trying the full suite of apps

Pros

It works like another travel expense app but easier to navigate

Cons

Sending the travel expense to another company i had to create another invoice. But really no big deal

Simple yet robust

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks and capturing receipts with pictures.

Cons

Nothing so far, it's been quite a good experience.

Zoho Expense is the Solution to Your Problem for staying on top of Your Expenses

Originally, about 2 years ago, I was using QuickBooks for my business and Zoho for CRM, Meetings and other. I did not realize that Zoho offered an Expense product. I really enjoyed my initial experience with Expense and immediatly migrated my database to Zoho. I was actually taking QuickBooks training sessions (at $85 a pop) with our Austin SCORE branch. Zoho has a very rich knowledgebase of trainging on their entire suite. Zoho has posted dozens of training videos on YouTube of which I have personally viewed around 30 of them I believe. I created a favorites folder and tag the Zoho videos for that reason. I have personally never had to call their support-if there is something I am usure of, the YouTube/Zoho combo solves any questions I may have.

Pros

All of the basic user GUI tools and features work flawlessly. I have never once had one of those SalesFarce moments where it took me 3 weeks to figure out the issue why new phone could not capture receipt images and other similar experiences that my associates have had. Really, understanding the operation and navigation was suprisingly intuitive. I really enjoy the aethetics; and compared to the bowl of spaghetti GUI with QuickBooks, I have never found myself in a situation where I obligated to seek out and pay for additional training because I was completely lost. The only people critical of Zoho products are those working for cometitors and folks who have never used any of the products.

Cons

In the past, many products including Expense could be a little light on features and more challenging in large, multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-user implementations. But honestly, think about SalesFarce and another three-dozen or more competitors in that space and find one that is an "everything for everyone" product - they dont exist. Zoho seems to be commited and persistent and building out the feature-set in the entire product suite.

Very well done application!!

Reporting for government tax agencies. CRA in Canada is getting very aggressive about checking out the small business expenses and eliminating them. ZOHO provides an easy to see, email ready reporting system to the CRA. We will soon be ready in another area of financial reporting. ZOHO expense has easy receipt capture as well as robust reporting that captures all the areas of receipt information. Very pleased with it.

Pros

When our company President brought me ZOHO's website link and asked me to look into it, I was impressed with the website and the number of different applications that ZOHO had. Sam wanted me to look into ZOHO expense as a necessary reporting tool that the previous owners had not utilized. I used the chat feature to help me set it up and our Comptroller brought in the feed from the bank credit...

Cons

We did have difficulty with our bank feed and are working that out but support was again very helpful with set up and we should have the correct feed done quite quickly. Sam wants the ability to match receipts and credit card feed to make his life easier and eliminate one more job for our very busy Comptroller.

Perfect for beginners to advanced users

I really liked it but the features could work better. For example the invoices look mint and the editor is great but editing line options on the invoice was difficult to find. I thought that when doing each invoice it may be an idea to either show your input into it in real time or allow you to edit the template with your input in real time. I would prefer inputting directly into the invoice template than the system back end.

Pros

I like the access to various apps that support each other and fully integrate

Cons

You have to learn a lot of it yourself and it can be time consuming to setup.

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

In overall I just love the Zoho Expense, now I'm able to record my monthly expenses for a company and can mark them reimbursement item that means once approved I will get reimbursed for that expense from a company which is not only helping me but also helping the company in smoothing the whole process of monitoring the expenses and providing reimbursements.

Pros

I have started using Zoho Books initially and gradually I explored other Zoho products as well. In a few days, I got to know about the Zoho Expense and I was like this is the tool I need. It makes my life really easy by offering the easiest way to record my expenses for the company and other employees as well. Once the expenses are recorded in the Zoho Expense, it will directly be shown in the Zoho Books. I just love this feature.

Cons

Well, there are no cons I have noticed but for the unfamiliar person, it might be a little tricky at initial to learn and to use it. But, believe me, the Zoho team will provide any required support to make sure you are having a good experience with their services/tools.

Good Value for Money

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Hi Shakeel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Zoho is an easy to use, expense management system with great UI and customizations

Zoho is easy to use, setup and configure. It makes invoice processing much faster, and is a huge upgrade from the paper forms we were using.

Pros

Zoho expense is a wonderful product. It does everything you expect of an expense management software. It's simple to use, easy to setup, and the API and documentation is top notch. There are many ways to customize it to do exactly what you want. Furthermore, it does everything other expense management software does at half the cost!

Cons

Unfortunately, they use actual humans to do the "auto scan" which is a privacy concern. Furthermore, we couldn't itemize taxes, but we found a workaround for that.

Zoho Expense

It does a great job especially when you factor in the cost as compared to other solutions.

Pros

This software has been working great for our company. Sure there are a ton of other solutions out there, but when you compare the cost to what you actually get we feel the Zoho Expense is the right solution for Thymly.

Cons

The only thing we have notice is that it lacks in scanning the receipt and auto entering information as compared to Expensify.

I really like Zoho Expense

easy to use and set up

Pros

I've been using Zoho Expense as a sole proprietor as it most closely mirrors the larger expense tracking systems I used as a corporate employee. It was easy to set up and there is a minimal amount of work at the beginning of each year to ready the system for the upcoming year. I like that I am able to attach my receipts to each expense and it's all in one place. It's a very intuitive product and I can easily upload receipts when I'm on the road.

Cons

I have been using the free version but am upgrading to the next level so that I can easily run itemized reports for each category for tax purposes. I have tried other software but Zoho expense gives me what I need.

Zoho's Best Expense App

Zoho's Expense is overall excellent. I really like this product. I will recommend this product to my friends business. It is simple and easy to use.

Pros

This software removed huddle for businesses. The Auto Scan is the best solution for recording expenses receipts. It is very simple when you have a chance to see the demos.

Cons

The Manual Receipts Entries are the least that I did not like much about this software before the I can switch it to the Auto Scan. However, I really like this product. It will save headache for companies.

Zoho Expense is a great tool!!!!

We are very satisfied with the product. We have had good feedback from our clients, who use Zoho to submit their expense reports. They meet the deadlines without any problem. It is an ongoing process that facilitates them with easy ways to edit expenses, attach receipts, and send reports.

Pros

Set-up, implementation and training was simple. Zoho support was all the time helping us to go through all the steps to customize the application according to our needs. It is a friendly user application. Integration with QuickBooks Online was not an issue at all and doesn't need extra software to connect.

Cons

There are some banks that don't facilitate the automatic integration. However, this can be done manually. The statements are uploaded into Zoho without any problem.

Switching to Zoho Finance

Interface and user experience is good and easy to navigate. Instructions and tips are well placed and creating your first report and adding users is not a difficult task. Going to trial to see if we can move to a full roll out.

Pros

I like the many options for submitting an expense and the ease at which you can do this instantly or store expenses for categorization and submission later on. It is intuitive and covers pretty much all the aspects I need for financing a range of employees both office based and remote workers.

Cons

I would like to see the option of being able to create different report templates for different employees who have varying circumstances, e.g company or personal car. You can do this by creating separate company policies for individuals but that is not overly clear.

Expert Expenses Tracker

We had a lot of recording issues, tracking payments and expenses of the school including various remittances of students.

Pros

It is very easy to use even for novice and beginners. It categorizes all expenses into headings. It allows for Bank account to be linked and downloaded into the software. All expenses are downloaded and it is user-friendly. The navigation is perfect and easy to use. Chart of Account is well detailed. Account reconciliation makes accounting and bookkeeping accelerated. There is no delay in generating reports and tracking expenses based on budget.

Cons

I have not had any issue using this software and it has served the accounting department so well and it handles all discrepancies.

Life saver, I wish I had started using it earlier !!!

Pros

Super convenient... I setup my company and employees once and now it is very easy to record expenses and payments. It required minimal training and all employees were able to use it within no time. Invoice auto scanning feature works like a charm for standard bills like utilities etc. and saves lot of time. One extremely helpful feature is auto identification of duplicate invoices which you by mistake upload. It helps in catching silly issues which could have become serious if overlooked. Look and feel and UI/UX is so great that I have asked my development lead to use it as benchmark for our product :) Hope Zoho team wont mind this ...

Cons

Only problem I have faced so far is with the Advance Management. Somehow, I was not able to adjust advance paid to an employee with his expenses. This looks to be a simple feature. Hope team could implement this in future. Secondly, not related to Zoho expense but I wonder why Zoho people does not have full blown salary module into it. It put me into lot of trouble of identifying another vendor...

Automated Expense Solution

So far fairly impressed with the expense system. My goal is to try and automate the expense portion wherever I can. It looked to me like this system will allow me to do some of this. Going forward I hope they continue to work with automation and allow even easier of review/approve/submit features.

Pros

A lot of automation built in that helps with building expense reports. Generation of data built off scanned in receipt. Email integration Extension integration to scan a receipt

Cons

Found a few bug's where the support was very quick at responding and working on resolutions. (Fixed 1 and working on 2nd) Would like the ability to customize expense report and see less "white space".

It's been fantastic to be with Zoho. It has reduced our workload and errors drastically.

- We've been able to reduce processing time by 1/3rd as it has helped us create a system/ process for expenses. - We've cut down on 100s of back and forth emails over payments as every staff member knows at which level does the payment lie. If it is not submitted, not approved by the head of the department or is lying for approval with finance. It helps everybody have a clear timeline. - We've cut down on numerous impromptu payment requests coming in from different sources and we have zoho now as a one point source to request payments. It helps reduce the errors and keep our finance team sane!

Pros

We like the transparency and ease to customize. For us as a company, it helps all levels of staff to know exactly where the report is and the timeline around processing. It helps us avoid the exchange of 100s of emails over petty issues.

Cons

I wish we could disable a few features that do not apply to our organisation. Zoho has already customised the software a lot for us, but having a features not in use disabled on everybody's dashboard would reduce some questions/ uncertainty.