Zoho Expense Logo

The one-stop-shop for travel and expense management

Zoho Expense Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

concur-expense
databasics-expense

We our very happy with our decision to implement Zoho. The pricing model is great for a small business and the setup is quick and easy.
It is a nice app and have options to do more with this. I will suggest to work on feedback taken from users and implement the best possible option.
Zoho expense help us track our expenses and easy to use get it as report help. User friendly and price is I like most.
Sometimes it refuses to take the name of the merchant, rewriting it incorrectly. That can be a bit frustrating but its only happened once.
Support service is a problem. Timely response for the queries/issue is missing.
I hated having to take photos with my phone, then email them to myself, then download and upload. Using an app would have been less time consuming.

1,010 reviews

Puran S.

Virtual Assistant

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Puran. I'm a co-founder I give Zoho expense five out of five, to find more reviews...

CB

Carl B.

Church Administrator

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Just what we needed

Transcript

Carl B: My name is Carl. I work in the nonprofit sector. I'm a church administrator. We use Zoho Expense,...

Jayna W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Zoho for the low low

Keeping up with financial aspect of the business is a must and Zoho makes it easier and enjoyable.

Pros

Easy integration, love the videos on each subject matter. The layout is good and user friendly.

Cons

At the moment, all seems good. Impressed.

RP

Rajyavardhan P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Zoho Expenses is a must have product!

Pros

Its been extremely easy to move from excel to Zoho Expenses. The time involved in training staff has been minimal and the process of uploading receipts and updating them has been extremely smooth. The auto scan feature in the platform is a must use! It saves so much time in uploading receipt details.

Cons

I think they work towards improving vendor detection, especially during auto scan. I have several vendors with slightly different variations in name created during auto scan, when in fact all the receipts are from the same vendor. I think a simple (Create new vendor) option is sufficient after scanning the receipt.

TO

Tracy O.

Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great tool to track and store receipts

I love the idea of being able to easily capture my receipts and have them backed up and integrated with my Zoho Books. I did find it a little bit tricky to use and I did end up duplicating expenses that I was unable to rectify - not on the app or on my Zoho Books. So perhaps find some vides on how to use it correctly before it causes a problem in your accounts

Pros

I love how easy it is to capture reciepts and expenses and that it links up to my Zoho Books so it only needs to be captured once. I love the approval feature for employees and the reimbursements too - it just makes admin much easier.

Cons

As a beginner, I found it a bit tricky to use. I am not an accountant and am just starting to manage my business accounts better, and I just found that the jargon of the software was not that straightforward. I ended up with a problem on my main Zoho Books because of logging the receipts incorrectly and some were duplicated which caused some confusion.

Hi Tracy, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We would like to provide you with an in depth training to make use of Zoho Expense more effectively. Also, we would be going through the configurations that you have done and make sure that everything is properly set up. Please send an email to <support@zohoexpense.com> with more details so that we can get in touch with you. Awaiting your response. Regards, Nikhil Raj T - Zoho Expense

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Review for Zoho Expenses

Pros

- Ease of use and setup - Mobile access - Auto scan feature - Custom workflow approval

Cons

Zoho Expenses interface can work better, especially it has a lot of information in the dashboard when user log in. It will confuse users at the start.

TG

Tatiana G.

Entertainment, self-employed

Zoho is Perfect for my Business

I don't need the entire functionality of Quickbooks. So Zoho is better for me, and I can add features and modules as I need them. I love Zoho's branding. Super modern, and user-friendly. I also love their customer service.

Pros

A lot of accounting and expense tracking apps out there are too expensive and have features that I don't really need for a solopreneur operation, so it's refreshing that Zoho has many different apps that you can choose from to build your perfect enterprise solution, no matter how small or big your operation is. They're highly scalable too. One of the features I love is expense automation, and this is key so I don't have to be remembering to upload regular charges for my business. And automation was easy to setup following a few steps. Autoscan is fantastic. Amazing product.

Cons

There are still some features that I don't need within Zoho Expense, and sometimes the app feels a bit cluttered for my operation, but I still manage to go around this and get what I need at an affordable price. For bigger operations, having these features though perfectly makes sense, and you won't go wrong on the price.

Federico A.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

My experience, in this solution, is excellent. Zoho Expense provides great value to the operations by helping with the manage and control of expenses.

Pros

This is a great product which allows you to track expenses in a single view, shows duplicated charges, and its approval settings really help improve the expending culture in the company. In addition, has a Free Plan!

Cons

The issue, like any solution, depends on its compatibility with other solutions like Quickbooks, but it does have an easy workaround so that would be a minimum problem.

SA

Sanjeev A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Zoho Expense is a life saver

Pros

I have been implementing Zoho Expense for other businesses. It has solved recurring problems of document storage, expense capture and reimbursements.

Cons

The number of reports are minimal. The should have a report section like Zoho Books.

CC

Charles C.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Great product, but online reimbursements are complicated

Overall it is great and we will use it, but if we find an equivalent option with easier online reimbursements, we will switch.

Pros

Easy to use, approvals are straight forward. Automation is useful. Role based access is easy to implement.

Cons

Online reimbursements are very hard to use. I wish they integrated with something like Plaid.

LC

Lisa C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

**Review is based on very little testing**

Pros

So far, we like the low cost for expense management and what appears to be an easy interface.

Cons

The set-up is taking some time, but we are eager to give is a full try.

JS

Jey S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good fro tracking with approval matrix

Pros

Very clear matrix approval. Easy to implement

Cons

It is costly. Sometimes the categories do not get linked from Xero.

TW

Tina W.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Life Saver

By using the app, I automatically take pictures of receipts when getting them. No more procrastination inputting at the end of the week. I don't miss any receipts and they are in order by date, so accounting can match to the credit card charges. This is saving time and sometimes trees. A lot of hotel receipts are emailed directly to my business email. I'm able to go on website and attach these receipts into the report saving paper. Very easy to do. You can never get back time. Time is money and this saves me a lot of it.

Pros

When my previous provider discontinued their service, I was in a panic. I immediately started searching and reading reviews. Zoho Expense was the closest I could find to support my needs. The cost was very reasonable, and the app is easy to use. It was important for me to be able to have access to an app that stored receipt photos and giving me a comment section where I could explain what each expense was for. Their app was self-explanatory easy to use, and the website allows you to review all information compiled on the app making changes, if necessary, before submitting.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is when taking photos on the app, the photo store to my phone. There might be an easy fix to this, but I haven't had time to try. I just go and delete all the photos once my expenses have been submitted.

CG

Cade G.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Zoho Expense is the uncomplicated winner in this category!

Overall, my experience with Zoho Expense has been great. I see no reason to switch to any other service. This app offer everything I was looking for and more.

Pros

I love how simple and focused this app is. I don't need a million options, just something that makes it easy to keep track of and submit expenses. Zoho Expense does all of that an more at a very reasonable price.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be improved in this app is the database of merchants in the United States could be more comprehensive. Not a big issue, but maybe something that could be updated.

DT

Daniel T.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

User-Friendly and Intuitive

Zoho provides us with a good tool for categorizing and approving credit-card and reimbursement transactions.

Pros

The software has been adopted well by our users, who say that they find it easy to use.

Cons

The export function creates a file that has formatting that is incompatible with our existing ERP solution. Also, while expenses can be split among multiple categories, they cannot be split among multiple departments and funds.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're happy to know that you find the application user-friendly and intuitive. With regard to the export function, kindly reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can understand your requirements better and assist you with developing a custom solution if required. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

KH

Kyle H.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Zoho Expense has increased productivity, quality, and accuracy for our business

Our expense reports are easier to analyze and we have been able to put a new travel policy in place thanks to the ease of function and intel it has given our company.

Pros

The reminders are vital when you are juggling 100's invoices and then additional travel. It helps us evaluate the time spent on traveling and to schedule trips in the most cost-effective manner both for our company and our clients. It provides ease of communication between staff members and allows issues to be resolved quickly. The integration with Quickbooks is an added bonus.

Cons

I do not currently have any complaints about the software and have had a similarly great experience with a number of Zoho products.

JD

James D.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

You can't go wrong if you want a complete solution

We made this change from Quickbooks from our previous years and feel that ZOHO is superior.In addition, we were completely surprised at how intuitive the interface was.

Pros

We love the ease of associating actual expenses with the expense reports. Our CPA loves it too.

Cons

The one thing that initially got us hung up, was the ability to edit a submitted expense.

Ana R.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Zoho Expense is a great tool!!!!

We are very satisfied with the product. We have had good feedback from our clients, who use Zoho to submit their expense reports. They meet the deadlines without any problem. It is an ongoing process that facilitates them with easy ways to edit expenses, attach receipts, and send reports.

Pros

Set-up, implementation and training was simple. Zoho support was all the time helping us to go through all the steps to customize the application according to our needs. It is a friendly user application. Integration with QuickBooks Online was not an issue at all and doesn't need extra software to connect.

Cons

There are some banks that don't facilitate the automatic integration. However, this can be done manually. The statements are uploaded into Zoho without any problem.

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A unique system for documenting, following up and auditing expenses accurately

By utilizing Zoho Expense, we ensure that all expenses are documented correctly and that no receipts are lost. This ensures that approvals are obtained directly and payments are paid on time. With Zoho Expense, we can monitor exchange activities, produce statistics, and spot unneeded or exaggerated spending, ensuring budgets aren't exceeded.

Pros

I enjoy how easy Zoho Expense is to use and the clarity of all the tools on the fantastic user interface. I particularly like that I can simply scan proof of expenses documents and invoices, and that Zoho Expense dumps data from them immediately and saves a duplicate of the document original. I love how spending are segregated and categorized, taxes and fees are computed separately, all in one report, making audits and approvals quick. The notification system tells you of revisions to your submitted reports or accounting department enquiries, allowing you to respond directly and avoid delays in receiving payments.

Cons

Overall Zoho Expense is easy to use and doesn't have a lot of dislikes. I only face a problem when loading receipts and unloading data from them, where the user has to make sure that all the data has been recorded correctly, and sometimes we may need to manually modify it before sending, which can result in errors and mismatches between the receipt and the numbers in the reports.

CN

Christine N.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Zoho Expense saves me time!

We have saved so much time in our office by putting the work of expense data entry on our employees who are purchasing/buying. Though the system isn't perfect for the way we use the "Items" tab of entering material costs in QuickBooks Desktop (it syncs every expense to the "Expenses" tab), it is still increased efficiency here.

Pros

We love the autoscan feature! Take a photo of your receipt, and it creates the expense, including Merchant and Cost. Even more, we love the Email Receipt Forwarding feature! No need to print any email receipts or invoices! And the support team at Zoho Expense is fantastic! They respond quickly, work to answer our questions thoroughly, and are committed to resolving any glitches and improving their product.

Cons

We needed some time to learn how to use Zoho Expense and to tweak it for best processes. We encountered some software glitches, and always received great assistance from the support team. I wish the system recognized variations within Merchant names (eg Smith & Jones is the same as Smith and Jones), instead of having to work around.

Hi Christine, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear how you love the Autoscan capabilities as well as how our team has been able to assist you with the product. I have also passed on your feedback about improving merchant recognition in the application. Feel free to reach out again to us if you ever require any assistance. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expxense

JB

Jeff B.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

A technology that actually makes things faster.

Overall, it's a simple, highly funal software with great layout and quite intuitive. I can't think of anything I would imporve upon except Maybe make it so we can import our company logos or taylor a colour theme.

Pros

Whats not to like, A simple mobile app that takes a clear and concise image of the reciept, it learns as you enter reciepts and as you process them so that the next photo import comes in with better information. Wow. Simple to find and edit and submit, great reminders thatyou have expenses not yet submitted.

Cons

At first I thought it was cumbersome, but quickly learned the software just needs to learn enough to be extremely practical.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and sharing your feedback. We agree that using the mobile application is the best way to Autoscan receipts and report your expenses on time. You will be able to upload your logo directly from the web application. 'Admin View'>'Settings'>'Organization Profile'>'Upload logo' and upload your company's logo. We will also definitely work on having more theme options in future. Assuring you our best service at all times. Regards, Thanga - Zoho Expense

NP

Nikhil P.

Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees

Great but costly compared to other services

Seamless, accurate and clutterfree are a few adjectives I may use to describe my UI experience with ZoHo Expense. The only factor I don't like is the cost of it. Maybe there could be a free solution that allows only particular expenses/costs reports to be generated, rather than paying for the full features, which I don't use at all.

Pros

ZoHo Expense has great features for micro to mega businesses.

Cons

I personally use it to maintain costs and expenses reports, which is almost a free feature with many other platforms. I would like it to be free for me, since I already use their paid version of ecommerce platform.

AC

Andres C.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Excellent tool

excellent,

Pros

easy use, integration with other apps, integration with uber and zoho

Cons

nothing, i think that is a good tool in the business

Hi Andres, Thank you for reviewing Zoho Expense. We're so glad to hear that you find the application excellent and easy to use. Kindly reach out to support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further feedback or queries. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Everianny B.

Another excellent software of the company Zoho that facilitates operability at work.

The expenses of our company are in order thanks to Zoho Expense, it even allows us to make a more thorough and adequate planning to our financial reality as a company. Records of payments, invoices, operating expenses, spending relationships and reports, are many of the benefits offered by Zoho Expense.

Pros

In my company it is very important to keep control of expenses, not only of what the company generates, but the administrative expense for each of the processes and documents made by the different departments. Based on this I can list certain positive characteristics of Zoho Expense: -It is incredible how intuitive software can be. When generating an invoice or a payment receipt, you can take a picture with our mobile device and the software automatically schedules it. - Not only schedules the expenses but also allows to make very complete reports of the average expenses according to the average time range that we indicate to the software

Cons

Actually this program has brought many solutions to our work environment, enhancing our administration thanks to a better management of economic resources. Of moments I do not have any type of complaint about this software

Dinesh k.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Manage all your organization from single Dashboard with Realtime tracking

Zoho expense helps us to improve the overall efficiency of the expense approval system. This helps us to reduce expense approval time and we can easily track the type of expense done by a particular department of the organization to get useful insights.

Pros

We used to have to manually track and manage all of our expenses, which was time-consuming and prone to errors. With Zoho Expense, we can now manage all of our expenses from a single dashboard and ensure timely reimbursement.

Cons

It's so easy to use and also it ensures reimbursements on time. The only issue I had initially faced was that we have to arrange a small training for new users to make them understand how it works, but it wasn't a big deal as the convenience of tracking their expenses helps them to track why and where the expenses are getting delayed.

SP

Shakeel P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Good Value for Money

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Hi Shakeel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

JK

Joe K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Well worth your money

Our organizations have been using ZOHO Expense for several years. Their subscription rates are very competitive - less than most, and every bit as good as the best.

Pros

ZOHO Expense has done an excellent job making their software more efficient and intuitive. It is as simple as taking a snap shot of your receipt, hitting upload and filling in the details. Whether you do that on your mobile device or upload invoices right from your computer, it's so simple anyone can do it. In our case, we have two organizations - ZOHO Expense made it very simple to switch between one and the other. ZOHO Expense is always adding new features to make the process even better. The admin is able to customize the app to fit their organization - the customization are endless. When it comes to submitting it to our accountant, it one or two clicks and done. After tying several expense report apps, I highly recommend ZOHO Expense.

Cons

I seem to have issues where my credit card does not sync between the bank account and ZOHO Expense. I'm not sure if it's the fault of ZOHO Expense or my bank.