AdvancedMD EHR Logo

3.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.14/10

Reviews by rating

I love the ease of use of how quickly we can train doctors and office staff. I also have always been impressed with the support that I always receive from Advancedmd from every department.
I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.
They have many videos and their tech support is pretty good. They do not outsource support which was important in choosing this software.
I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical.
It integrated so poorly that we had to go with another EHR which was bad because our EHR was great-the only reason we left was because of this product from Advanced MD.
Patients cancelling appointments when they receive reminders and not being able to reschedule. This featurescannot be cancelled unless I cancel appointment reminders.

AB

Alexandra B.

medical biller

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Highly Customizable EHR

Transcript

Alexandra: My name is Alexandra, and I am the owner of Halcyon Bill Co in Las Vegas, Nevada. We work...

What an easy transition for our office!

Pros

User friendly interface, that is easy to learn and navigate. With the different skill levels to computers, this program was excellent for all levels.

Cons

There are occasional data delays with secondary EHR programs. Although with a couple of tricks it can be quickly fixed.

KF

Kelly F.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Great software

Love it!

Pros

AdvancedMD is very user friendly with all the bells and whistles.

Cons

No big cons come to mind. Apparently, I can not complete the survey without adding more characters to this box.

QB

Quentin B.

Medical Practice,

Like the PM/EHR (even with pop-up ads), avoid Billing Service.

Pros

There is more functionality built into the reporting side than we will ever use. We're a small practice (1 provider) and in terms of the software (PM and EHR), it exceeds our needs in functionality in almost every way. The user interface is a bit cumbersome (and now includes pop-up medication advertising, which is annoying...) in our setting (Family Practice), but not too complicated. The system up-time has been impressive. In the last year, I don't recall more than 2 brief interruptions, the longest of which was about 1/2 of a day and corrected by the next AM when we returned to work.

Cons

There are a couple of significant downsides to Advanced MD, particularly the Billing portion of our service. Keep these things in mind if you're a small practice looking for a comprehensive software package (PM/EHR/Billing): Advanced MD is expensive relative to other comprehensive packages out there. I called to ask for a reduction, and was told that they would like to raise the rate to 9% because...

MH

Michelle H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Best overall medical software

Overall this is heads and shoulders above other EHRs

Pros

Charting is easy and templates are comprehensive

Cons

It would be great if it had a specific allergy component.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. Adam

AW

Aaron W.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Good product, terrible customer 'service'

It's helped eliminate a lot of manual effort with scanning in documents. THe reporting is pretty good. However, the implementation managers are terrible. They start presentations telling you that they will not respond for 48 hours to calls or emails outside of standing meetings. What they should say is that they won't respond at all. This mentality is common to all of the support staff.

Pros

I like the fact that in many respects the system does what we need it to do, and has many features that reduce, if not eliminate paperwork.

Cons

The support. Horrendous, slow, and/or non-responses are common.

BB

Brandy B.

Worst Ever

Worse EHR I have ever used

Pros

Nothing the service, training, functionality, cost , and use worst I have ever used with a EMR

Cons

Advancemd is far from Advance. They do not have good trainers. The trainers didn't even understand the system. And definitely don't contact help desk cause they know even less. I never got my old patients records sent to their system because the person who should do it just didn't kept asking the same questions we answered from the beginning of service for over 5 months. Then when I attempted to cancel...

CM

Christine M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

So many clicks ... why are there so many steps?

We often feel mislead or duped thinking back on the sales pitch. Everything is 18 clicks- EVERYTHING. Nothing is a one click done, its multiple windows with multiple clicks. Every feature is hidden in a menu in a pop up menu in 5 different screens that after 6 months I still dont know where to find the cool features I was sold on. The absolute worst part is everything is a pop up window. Forget about...

Pros

I like the customer support (after extremely long hold times) the most. All employees are local, caring and knowledgeable. The implementation staff that we were assigned to were awesome.

Cons

All of it. Pop up windows, everything is a pop up. There is no spell check when providers are writing notes. You have to refresh the window to see the changes you made. The system has a DOS feel. Very clunky.

CH

Cindy H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Poor training from day one!

About to lose my business - nobody would listen except Customer Care. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team were the only ones who would listen and help. Customer Care is amazing. Sad that I was promised so many things and didn't get what was promised.

Pros

When I was "sold" on this software, I was promised 11 hours of training. I was so excited about the features that it offered. I was on the phone for over 2 hours with the tutorial. The salesman was excellent in selling this software and I was so hopeful that it would be beneficial to me and my practice. I was promised that it would be up and running withing 4-6 weeks. It was told that billing would begin ASAP and that revenue would be flowing into the practice. I have over 100 superbills saved up for the launch date. I was excited that the first 2 months would be free of charge and that the next 2 billing cycles would be at a reduced rate.

Cons

After the sale was complete - I was given a training specialist who spent at the most - 1.5 hours with training. It took a few weeks to even get him to call and help set up AdvancedMD. After he set us up, it was another couple of weeks before we heard back from him. From the time I signed the contract - it was 6 weeks before we went live, then the 11 hours of training never happened. My first 2...

MH

Mark H.

STAY AWAY FROM ADVANCED MD

TERRIBLE. Just don't even look at this software. There are several other medical record systems out there that work better and are far less expensive. I regret I didn't change over to one of them but it would have been an incredible hassle to do so, especially when you have very limited staff and set up is so time consuming.

Pros

That I'm retiring and don't have to deal with it anymore. I selected it becasue I'm visually impaired and for he most part it is easy to see. That's all i like about it. I wish I have chosen another system years ago.

Cons

Gouging for every add on. It could cost over $1,000 monthly with any bells and whistles added. Basic service was %730. i actually had a customner service rep hang up on me at 7PM. The have a few good people, and with the Javascript errors and other issues we've had they keep busy.. Long waits on the phone are the rule. They may take days to resolve an issue. No autosave or other means of recovering...

LC

Libro C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Angie is Amazing!!!

Advanced MD has helped our Wellness Center achieve it's streamiling and financial goals since it was implemented. When I became the manager here, implementing Advanced MD was one of my first projects and it turned out to be my most crucial. Our practice wouldn't be in the great place we are today without implementing Advanced MD.

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to use and our sales rep, [sensitive content hidden], has helped us tremendously through the entire process! We continue to find ways to leverage Advanced MD to help our practice and Angie is just a phone call away to help us do that at a price that fits nicely into our budget.

Cons

Need improvements on reporting, other than that, functionality is everything we need.

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review.

LB

Leibnyz B.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Large practices; Do not waste your time

I wanted to enroll on electronic billing via practice fusion but the communication between the programs is not two way . PF does not push schedule into advance , you will need to manually do so.

Pros

This program is not design for a large practice . We were assigned a train person that had no knowledge and was learning the program herself . Our practice was out in the hands of someone that was not ready . After 5 months using the program we had to bill outside of it to get paid , still waiting on correct data transfer , most insurance carriers were advised to be added incorrectly setting out billing back to almost zero . I’m writing this review to prevent others from making the mistake of enrolling .

Cons

The program is not easy to use or setup . Clearing house takes too long to provide Information about a claim status . Expect to pay 5-6 months setting up the program or more .

AM

Alison M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Awful experience, Please save your time, money, and stress for patient care!

Absolutely traumatic, exhausting, and awful!

Pros

The mobile app. That is about the only thing I liked.

Cons

complicated self made implementation and template, list, info creation. I thought I paid someone to do this, but I had to do it all. It took months. So expensive. Server is slow, poor customer service, no one could help me get claims to payers and I didn't get paid for months causing a SEVERE financial burden on my family, and despite my complaints, they locked me out when I didn't pay them but I hadn't gotten $.01 in payment to be able to pay my personal bills let alone their bill!

JW

Julia W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

PM is great, EHR is just okay

Overall, I am very happy with the PM and "2-3 out of 5" happy with the EHR. Once you become familiar with the difficult quirks, it just becomes second nature. However, what is "second nature" for me now would be appalling to someone who is familiar with a most customizable, more user-friendly EHR.

Pros

The scheduling part of Advanced MD is so intuitive. To move an appointment, just click, select "move", and click on the date and time you want instead. I like how you can customize the time intervals, color code appointment types, and assign each a default length of time. Adding a patient is easy. Making billing notes, sending messages/tasks, entering patient info, are all quick and simple. There are nice features in the EHR, such as being able to pull in medication history from a national database, look up pharmacies, customize acronyms and use pull-down menus to drop in often-used phrases.

Cons

Actually customizing the templates is quite difficult if you have not been formally trained by Advanced MD specialists, which costs extra. Trying to figure it out yourself online via training videos is next to impossible because it is not customized to your situation. Also, finding training videos to answer specific questions is also near impossible. In order to print a note out, you have to select...

CW

Carrie W.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Over-engineered, Underwhelming

Our overall experience has been pretty terrible. Though there are very friendly staff on occasion who try really hard to solve our issues, the training/implementation was criminally subpar and the bait and switch really set our practice back by about a year in terms of growth. We will never be able to get that time back, unfortunately, and are relieved to have moved forward with a company that has visited us onsite and is doing the legwork of tailoring their EHR to our needs.

Pros

More robust billing features than other EMRs; the ability to charge credit cards on file at the end of the day.

Cons

Pop ups; nothing is intuitive at all; horrific training/implementation experience; literally no discovery was completed and our demo key was an ObGyn clinic setup when we are a counseling/psychiatric practice; bait and switch with about 50% of the promised features costing a LOT extra if you actually want meaningful reports; reports that are included in regular subscription are absolutely useless;...

NM

Nick M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Very Displeased

Poor customer service, very limited features.

Pros

Once you learn how to navigate the system it is fairly straight forward. Integrating billing features into the chart is fairly easy.

Cons

Where to start... Not only is AdvancedMD not intuitive, it is plagued with glitches and system failures. The Dashboard and rooming feature rarely works for most of the staff. The e-scribing is terrible. Chart notes are cumbersome and become huge without essential integrations. Auto population of information is elusive and only goes so far (eg. a chart summary does not auto-populate with a patient's BMI from that day. It doesn't matter how good you are at programming and customizing templates, a lot of necessary features are not available (you learn this after spending hours on the phone with customer support.)

BB

Brian B.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Overall good billing software program

I am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.

Pros

It will find errors on claims prior to submitting them to insurance carriers. It allows for macro billing which saves data entry time

Cons

There are too many "add on modules" that you must purchase in order to get the functionality out of the program. There customer support is below average. We purchased an add on module that wasn't functioning properly. We noticed this 1 week after purchasing the module and made Advanced MD aware of the errors. It took them about 5 weeks to shut the program down and it caused financial harm to my practice and also upset many patients. The software was texting/emailing patients up to 16 times in one day. It was a significant error in the software code and Advanced MD refused to act quickly to shut down the module. In addition, Advanced MD continued to charge me monthly for the module even though it wasn't working correctly. They refuse to provide a solution.

MS

Michael S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized

Its changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).

Pros

The overall functionality is superb. I can log-in from any computer, or at home, even from my phone. Like when you need to know how early a patient can get in the next day or that morning. All of the parts work together as a whole like a finely tuned machine. The appointment schedule is a multi-tasker in itself, you can get to pretty much any function you need from there (except master files, fee...

Cons

I think there should be the ability to do "Diagnosis pointing", so that U can define a specific Dx code to be most primary to each line item. For some practice types, that have more repitition of same or similar treatment from visit to visit, like PT or Chiro etc, I think having the functionality of somewhat more automated EHR note creating from visit to visit would also be helpful, even though AMD has a huge library of templates which is really awesome.

VP

VaJezatha P.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Beware If you are NOT an MD, don't!

If you are not a hospital or a very large medical office of the body, DO NOT. The sell is excellent, marketing excellent, but like Jimmy Choos everyone wants a pair but really? You at work every day.....for comfort, ease and practicality without the price gouging, in behavioral health..... Simple Practice!

Pros

The people, once you get off hold, are patient and knowledgeable.

Cons

The data is held hostage for another 2 grand after bleeding you nearly $300 monthly for what Simple Practice can give (plus Google Calendar intergration!) for less than $100.

SS

Samantha S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

AdvancedMD PM - Improving but....

I have had many issues with AMD over the years. I have been using the product for 5 years. The system looks outdated (although they are updating it slowly). Some sections require multiple clicks when you would think it would be just one. I have had multiple issues with support not following up. In fact, on one occasion I was informed that I was the only practice having the issue and they had no desire...

Pros

claims processing is clear. That's about ALL this system currently has going for it.

Cons

Everything else. Literally every single thing else.

sp

susn p.

Poorly written program

Customer support generally easy to reach and very nice. Unfortunately, they frequently cannot help.

Pros

Schedule relatively easy to use. It seemed easy to use and learn. Has an embedded credit card processor which saves steps but is expensive.

Cons

Cannot edit any payment entries. It voids the transaction and you have to re-enter it. Reports are inadequate without having to purchase a specialized program so that you can create your own reports. . Does not have a clear to read report for only patient payments for year end reports for patients. . Does not show how a patient payment was paid or the payment date or check number if a check.. Does not total the payments so that patient's can match up their payments. We do liability cases and workers comp and we can not easily print CMS forms, or reports. The transaction detail reports do not list the payer and do not break down payments or write offs by insurance carriers. It is listed in a lump sum only.

GW

Gary W.

This reviewer only left a rating

After 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must...

BH

Bronwyn H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

We have used Advanced EHR/PM x 3 years since opening a small clinic. Satisfaction is fair.

The benefits are the mobility from desktop to mobile device is very useful and I believe the possibility of capturing our quality data will be good....eventually.

Pros

The tab driven system is relatively easy to navigate. I believe it has the ability to address our quality measures and the templates are configurable. Customer support is good about putting out fires, however not preventing them. I really appreciate the CIE inbound and outbound option.

Cons

The absolute LACK of timely communication and the lack of support to small clinics. For example, the ability to capture MIPS/MACRA data is available, however not easily accessible at least not to this provider who is also IT!!!! The configurable templates are probably "easy" if you are into IT!!!! There are too many "products", ie NEST, Insight etc. with limited explanation to their purpose. There doesn't seem to be any proactive resources for small clinics.

DH

Doreen H.

Very Disappointed

They will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!

Pros

Instant eligibility checking, ability to access a patient’s medication history from insurance company with touch of a button, template customization is easy.

Cons

Too many different ways to do the same thing making it convoluted. Not at all user friendly or intuitive. Clunky. Hiccup after hiccup. Horrible mostly non existent tech support. Lots of errors and failed rx transmissions. Impossible to easily print a note or part of the chart! It doesn’t format to print without first creating what’s called a word merge template that coincides with each note template....

LK

Lisa K.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.

Listen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I...

Pros

Everything. - It would be lengthy to tell you the specifics of why it's better. Okay let's start here.... Everything is in a box - and it all flows and makes sense. button are where they should be. the process is smooth - I am a systems efficiencies expert and this is the only application that can follow suit. Online app can access from home.

Cons

Um.... THus the point. I swear to Jesus if you knew me and to know I sit and can't write anything shocks me... I am a critic is the worst way.. Advanced MD is the total package - I have no complaints about people support or applications. I don't think I would use advanced md if I was a physical therapist. there that's it - it is not the best application for PT or DME. - but all other specialties it is the best.

DK

Donna K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Very easy to learn and use.

We recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.

Pros

There were many reports useful for billing, contract negotiation, AR, and patient demographics. It was easy to break out what charts had not been billed yet, what procedures were used the most, and how many patients were in what financial class or carrier. The schedule was super easy to see at a glance, daily, weekly or monthly.

Cons

Some reports did not offer the option of beginning and ending dates. For example, to get a report of how many worker's compensation patients we saw in any given year, we would have to create a custom report that required a fee.